User Reviews for Desmopressin

Also known as: DDAVP, Nocdurna, DDAVP Nasal, DDAVP Rhinal Tube, Stimate, Minirin, Noctiva

Diabetes Insipidus 8.7
Primary Nocturnal Enuresis 9.6
von Willebrand Disease 10.0
Nocturia 10.0
Summary of Desmopressin reviews 9.1 31 reviews

Reviews for Desmopressin

Lee Lee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 8, 2020

For Diabetes Insipidus: “I have been using Demopressin spray for complications resulting from a giant pituitary tumor and it worked great (10+) to keep me from urinating every 10 minutes and controlled my unquenchable thirst however after about 6 months of using the spray my nose has become raw bleeding and crusty and I have been forced to go back to using the desmopressin pills and they don't seem to work at all .(1-)”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

For Diabetes Insipidus: “Diagnosed a few weeks ago. On .1mg in the morning and at night. No longer having horrible dehydration episodes in the night which is great. I am however struggling to maintain the right fluid balance, particularly when exercising. I’ve had a couple of instances of low sodium from too much fluid retention which you need to be careful of. Next step is to see if I can have a couple of alcoholic drinks when I don’t take the medication during the day but still take it before bedtime. Has anyone else found any successful strategies for exercising and/or drinking alcohol without issues whilst managing the diabetes insipidus and desmopressin?”

Lise young · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 18, 2020

For Primary Nocturnal Enuresis: “Our son who is a bedwetter took this from the age of 12 to about 14 and as long as he took the spray before bed he did not wet the bed. If we were up at the cottage and forgot to spray he would wet the bed and we would have to get spray nearby.”

Tjcal · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 22, 2019

For Diabetes Insipidus: “Like someone else I too used chlorpropamide for over 40 years. It worked perfectly. 1 tablet a day and that was it. It just plain worked perfectly. I could even miss a day and symptoms didn’t appear. Mylan stopped making drug and I had to switch to desmopressin about 3 months ago. Still trying to figure out right dosage. It works but wears Off in about 5-6 hours. Trying .2 instead of .1 now to see if that helps. What dosage are other people on. Did it take a while for you to settle on the best regimen for you. Thanks Tjcal”

Rick · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 12, 2019

For Nocturia: “After having prostate cancer and radiation treatments it affected my bladder. I was peeing 3 to 4 times nighty like a newborn, so I went to my Doctor who prescribed the nasal spray Desmopressin. Close to bedtime I cut back on water, I use one spray and about 15 min I get sleepy and ONLY wake up ONE time a NIGHT..YES...But I don't know why I wake up with a headache???? Although I still use Desmopressin..”

Tracy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2019

For Diabetes Insipidus: “I started desmopressin nasal spray in February this year after taking chlorpropamide and hydrochlorothiazide for 35 yrs. It has worked wonderfully....never wearing off. I would almost forget I had a problem but then the pharmaceutical Mylan stopped production and here I am again. I was disappointed that they stopped making the rhinal tube and I couldn’t get regulated. I’ve switched to the tablets and trying to adjust the dose to last 12 hours. I’m finding that I have loose stools and now a bladder infection that I haven’t had in decades. I’m disappointed that the pharmaceutical companies only cater to profit as there aren’t many of us. I’ve searched all over for my previous meds including Canada without luck. My last meds of over 30 yrs gave me a very normal life.”

Island Girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2019

For Diabetes Insipidus: “Been on 0.1 mg Desmopressin at bedtime for initial treatment. Had been drinking 2 gallons of water a day and still thirsty, urinating almost every 20-30 minutes literally destroying my life. Muscle cramps set in started in legs and spread to arms, hands and feet. Then I started having electric shocks in head which is quite alarming I'm sure I would have had seizures if I hadn't started treatment. Tremendous difference after first night I did not get up once to drink water or urinate. By morning cramps were 90% gone and no head shocks it was wonderful. Have to be careful how much water I drink couple hours before taking med at bedtime or my face will bloat figured this out after couple bad nights. Now working with neuroendo on whether I could benefit from second dose or splitting current dose in two. This is a nasty disease destroys lives I'm grateful I got diagnosed and treated but it was a long, hard road.”

Cajun · Taken for 10 years or more March 8, 2019

DDAVP Nasal (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “Been taking DDAVP nasal for over 15 years. Controls my CDI very well. Took Minirin before and pitressin tannate suspended in peanut oil before that. Was diagnosed with diabetes insipidus over 40 years ago.”

Otsutsuki · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 9, 2019

DDAVP Nasal (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “This is like a miracle drug to me. It works very well.”

finicky · Taken for 10 years or more May 8, 2017

DDAVP Rhinal Tube (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “This is the easiest ddavp to individualize. The spray only delivers .1 ml at at time, not good for people who only require .05ml. The pill does not work....Period!. Sadly the manufacturer is discontinuing making the rhinal tube which is devistating to people like me who will now face illness due to wrong dosing or inadequate dosing.”

mamabear91 · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 13, 2017

For von Willebrand Disease: “It works wonders for my son with von willebrands disease if he has a bleeding episode but is hard to obtain from our local pharmacies on the down side.”

Dian Torres July 12, 2015

For Primary Nocturnal Enuresis: “I can remember the first time I wet the bed and for years it was almost every night and I could never get rid of it. When I was around 15 or 16 I got this medicine and it immediately stopped and only once or twice did it happen again but after I was finished with my prescription, I never needed it again and I haven't wet the bed ever since.”

Jeniseb June 5, 2015

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “I've been on this since 1989. The generic pill form works best! Before DDAVP I went to the bathroom around the clock and drank tons of water. The nasal spray was difficult at first since they didn't have my dosage right which I ended up in the hospital with my sodium at 119. But after the Drs got the dosage down and with the pills now, I've had no problems. Thank goodness for DDAVP.”

Crystal Dream · Taken for 10 years or more February 5, 2015

For Diabetes Insipidus: “Been on this medicine since I was 6 years old. Started on the nasal spray before the pill was invented. Found it hard to travel with because it needed to be refrigerated. Once the pill came out, I switched and never noticed a difference. Now that I am older and have a liver condition, my doctors told me to stop the medicine because it was helping my body to retain water. Now I get very little sleep and drink like a fish even though I'm on a fluid restriction. Also this med lowers my sodium levels as well due to the water retention. So if your having some of the same symptoms, please see your endocendocrinologist for help.”

Relieved-nz November 16, 2014

“My son is 13 and is an extreme bed wetter. 1 spray of this spray and he is dry each morning - it is so good and such a relief for my son”

Midnight159 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 9, 2014

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “Works great but you need to take it on time.”

jay o April 4, 2013

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “I couldn't have a normal life without it!”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more May 15, 2012

DDAVP Nasal (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “I love this medication, it works a lot better than the pill! I can go about 18 hours or so whereas the pill will last only a few hours, if that!”

Wapuskwew December 19, 2011

For Primary Nocturnal Enuresis: “December 6th I was finally able to sleep through the night and only woke twice to void. This is compared to sometimes every half hour or 20 mins, which I had been experiencing for the past six months or so. I was exhausted. Other medicines were ineffective but Desmopressin has been a God send. The only challenge I've had other than the face flushing, is having to decrease my liquid intake despite needing the fluids due to the pain medicines I'm taking for metastatic breast cancer. I've noticed when I've ingested too much liquid, the Desmopressin doesn't work and I'm back to voiding upwards of 10 times a night but just for that night. I'm very happy with the speed at which Desmopressin works as well.”

Anonymous October 23, 2011

For Primary Nocturnal Enuresis: “My dad has been able to sleep again during the night, not up 6 or more times to the toilet, voiding large amounts. Back to normal. He is very happy. All blood tests normal.”

Easpears July 2, 2011

Stimate (desmopressin) for von Willebrand Disease: “My daughter is 16 and was diagnosed with Von Willebrand's when she was 13. I have found that it is the only thing that stops her menstrual bleeding. We have tried birth control pills to prevent her from having menstruation, but that didn't work. Without Stimate, she had bled for 7 weeks straight. She reports no side effects to me.”

Anonymous October 21, 2010

For Diabetes Insipidus: “I've been using Desmopressin Acetate injection for about 30 years and it has been a life saver. The tablet form does not work as well as the injection but it easier to carry with me when traveling. The injection type must be kept the in refrigerator but it is much more effective. I prefer to use the injection.”

Anonymous September 28, 2010

For Diabetes Insipidus: “I have been on DDAVP since 2004. I recently changed over to the tablet form. It is much more convenient to carry with me, but I have found that I have trouble having regular bowel movements and also I am having trouble losing weight. How can I lose the water weight while still staying hydrated on the DDAVP? I have heard that maybe I should limit my fluid intake. ”

Anonymous August 25, 2010

Stimate (desmopressin) for von Willebrand Disease: “From my experience's its worked amazingly well for my Von Willebrands disease. It makes your face flush and heat very quickly but its not that bad of a side effect. The first time I used it I was out of it for about 15 minutes and after that it never happened again.”

chelsea12 August 17, 2010

DDAVP (desmopressin) for Diabetes Insipidus: “I was diagnosed with diabetes insipidus a little over a year ago. This medication is absolutely a life saver. I love this medication and it's the only reason that I can live a semi-normal life!”