User Reviews for Xigduo XR

Learn more about Xigduo XR.

Diabetes, Type 2 5 reviews 142 medications

9.2
Summary of Xigduo XR reviews 5 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Xigduo XR

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was diagnosed at 40 with type II diabetes. BS was 16-20 mmol/L. Metformin made almost no difference except to make me very nauseous. I was taking up to 2500mg/day. Had to switch to novarapid insulin but even then the blood sugars would shoot up while I slept and hit 14-15 mmol/L when I woke up. Lantus (long acting insulin) didn't make much difference at all. I was shooting 35-50 units/day. BS levels would ricochet up and down even though I drastically changed my diet to eliminate carbs. Switched to Xigdou and now that's all over. Consistently 8 mmol/L unless I eat cake or something similarly suicidal. Still get a bit nauseous but nothing's perfect. Already suffered some organ damage but hopefully that's abrogated."

UnigueName (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking this medication for a little over two months. 1 10mg/1000mg per day. I love the benefits weight loss down 8 pounds, BP is Excellent. Only downfall is the side effects of yeast infections. I'm only considering changing medication for this reason."

Sweetthang76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "age 51, male. A1C was well over 10 when starting Xigduo. along with high blood pressure. Cholesterol was fine. Started both an ace inhibitor and and Xigduo at the same time. I would argue I don't have most constant diet, but I exercise a lot; very active. Swim 2000 yards a few times a week and ride more than 20 mi on bicycle at very high sustain heart rates As of my last doc apt, A1C was 6.7. morning blood sugar measures 82-90 consistently. BP is now below or at pre-hypertension. Mood is normal (i.e., not the impatient grump ALL the time, lol) and my physical fitness level and endurance seems peak right now. I do have to watch if I don't eat regularly; feels like I drop pretty easily in those situations. I imagine the dose will be lowered"

Geesh August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "On 11/09/15...failed DOT physical due to glucose of 576...a1c @ 14. Did not even know I was diabetic. Went to Dr. ASAP. Placed on xigduo 2x daily. This a.m. my glucose was 121. It has declined and averaged out, thankfully!...Please note, I am a city bus driver. I eat healthy, as in rarely eat fast food...However, when I drive I eat TONS of candy and gum. It caught up with me and changed my whole life view for the better!...Take care of yourself!"

Clip November 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at age 39 (male) with an A1C of 6.8. After my glucose readings started to elevate, my physician put me on 2000mg of Metformin which didn't even touch my glucose levels. My A1C was now up to 11.9. My physician started me on Xigduo XR and I noticed a drop after the first pill. Within a few days my glucose was in the pre-diabetic range. Now my A1C is down into the low 6's and I haven't even started exercising yet. I still don't eat sugar and I try to watch my carbs, but if I splurge and eat a bunch, the highest my glucose will reach is about 200 post prandial and then it comes right back down. So far I haven't had any side effects. Hope this drug works for the long run."

Gixx32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2015