User Reviews for Periactin

Periactin Rating Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Anorexia.

Reviews for Periactin to treat Anorexia

"I. Take this medicine everytime I have a poor appetite and it works wonders! I have always striggled with gaining and maintaining weight all my life! Got teased a lot! I have gained as much as 35 pounds in a month and a half! I recently just started back taking due to foot surgery and being on narcotic pain pills that stripped my appetite! The great thing about them is the weight and appetite stays even once you stop taking thrm! Highly recommemd"

mrsellis221 May 18, 2016

"Really WOW! I've taken this "Periactin / Ciptadine / Cyproheptadine" and I managed to gain 20kg in 2 months! I was skinny, 57kg and I'm now 77 kg! I can take it when my weight drops a bit and it works wonders. Really, if you struggle to gain weight or appetite, try this tab. It's unbelieveable!"

Doufa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

"It is phenomenal !! I put on weight fast, you start to see and feel results so quickly !!! It's very motivating feeling !! I have gained 14 pounds so far since late March early April ...I'm 5"6, I started at 146, I am now 160, my goal weight is 175. I think that will give me the full figured , curvy look I want. If you're serious about your weight this is the solution !! Good luck !!"

CareyBeary (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2016

"This medication is PHENOMENAL!! I'm 11 and I was only about 81 pounds, which was a problem for me. But then my doctor prescribed me with this pill and it totally changed my life!!! In about 4 weeks I was 90 pounds... I was so happy!!! I definitely recommend this pill if you are trying to gain weight. Although it will make you sleepy it's still very helpful because I do have trouble going to sleep at night!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PILL, AND IT HAS DEFINITELY CHANGED MY LIFE!!!! "

Minnie45 April 24, 2016

"I have been Underweight in my life. I was searching any kind of Magical trick to gain some weight even i purchased Oral steroids Just to get rid of Skinny structure,Finally I read about Tablet Periactin. But again there was a Problem that Tablet Periactin is not available in many Countries Its UK Brand Medicine require valid Prescription. Then i went to a doctor get prescription and Order this pills . Point to be noted( In Ist few days you will only sleepy roughly ist 5-7 doses if you taking 4 mg /Day. But you will Clearly see difference in your appetite. This Pill is Tailore made for Weight Gain. Absolutely worked So I far I took 12 Tablets It means 1 Tablet/Day and Gained 4 KG weight."

dloverspc (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

"Hey Everybody, Im a hard gainer - i have always struggled putting on weight and even struggled to ever feel hungry. Ive been taking Periactin for 6 weeks now and i can happily say for the first time in my life ive put on weight! I've put on exactly 6kgs; so it appears i gain about a kg a week which im completely excited about - doesn't sound a lot to most people but any hard gainers out there will know what im talking about :) Give it a go - its worth it :)"

Miscy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2016

"I was 9st 4lb wanted to put some Weight on tried calorie drinks and and eating more but you can't eat more if you're not hungry did research found these pills doctor had never heard of them but prescribed me 3 months of pills 3 a day I took 1 felt shattered so I take half a tablet a day no side effects and now 10st 6lbs in 7 months feeling lot better just give your body time to get used to them"

Paul jo March 4, 2016

"On periactin (cyproheptadine) pills 3X pr day since 11/22/15 since then I have gained 22 pounds as of 12/13/15. These pills work wonders for people with poor appetite and eating habit. Being small most of my life I never thought it was possible for me to get over 110 pounds but these pills had me eating whole cakes in one day lol I'm so serious I eat two big macs instead of one with extra mac sauce lol, just everything and a lot of it. I'm lovin the way this 132 looks on me at 5t 3in..."

TIffi3 December 14, 2015

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Was very under weight for my age. Started taking these to help with it and be healthier. I was 102 and I went to 158 in about 2 months. It's been almost a year and I chose to lose some of the weight and I'm down 8 lbs but weight still here. I have a lot of curves now. Side effects is sleepiness but I started cutting my pills in half and that helped a lot. I would take half a pill every 2 hours taking 2 pills a day and then cut back to one whole a day after weight started coming on fast."

Khantrell October 16, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Asked my doc for prescription 5 weeks ago. I was shocked when I weighed myself. First month I gained 16 pounds. I had two kids both one year apart. Started losing weight like crazy. Too busy to eat. Well, it keeps you hungry. However, if you go out and buy protein bars and the weight gain shakes, they help fill you up. Ensure is good too. Also on depot so not sure which one makes me crave sweets. I'm suppose to be 150 I'm solid about 5'8. Went down to 118 within weeks. Perfect health just no appetite. The shakes are easy to make and buy some already cooked meals and lots of snacks. I thought my stomach was going to eat itself. I do recommend taking an allergy pill with drowsy affects at bedtime a week before you start. 140 last check"

JustNeededHelp October 4, 2015

"I am 5'8 and when I started taking those pills cyproheptadine (periactin) I was 115. My Dr gave me the prescription on a Monday and told me to take then and come back on the following Monday. I took 1 each day for that week and when I went back to my Dr I weighed 130. He said that this was impossible. He thought that scale had broken lol. I was extremely excited. I would most definitely 100% recommend it"

loving me September 5, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been using this 4 yrs now and I would reccomend it to anyone wanting to gain weight however it makes u feel very sleepy and hungry but if u are going for that smoking hot bot u need to excercise so u would only gain weight in necessary areas"

Trini gyal July 29, 2015

"I've always been very thin, and I disliked the way I looked in the mirror for years. Then 3 years ago my mom introduced me to this medicine, it worked wonders for my body. It stimulated my appetite, mad me sleepy which was good since I had problems sleeping and this medicine changed the way I looked. I was curvy and attractive, I took one pill every day or sometimes every other day and I moved from a size 0 to a beautiful size 6 and I was very happy with myself. The sad thing is I'm in China for one year doing my postgraduate degree and the stresses of being here have pulled my weight down to 8kgs less to where it was when I first came here. "

Melisa7 January 25, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been looking for a long time a pill that would help me gain weight. Its not like was unhappy with the way I look but just wanted to add some curves. My daughter has been taking the pill and she was a lot smaller than me and she is looking great now. It does make you a little sleep at first but your body will start to get adjusted to it. I highly recommend this pill for weight gain. I just love and one pill a day will do the trick!"

fabulous40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2014

186 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medicine is exceptional! I see many people saying they gained 1-5 lbs, I took it faithfully, three times a day and would you believe I moved up from a 7/8 to a 9/10 and put on about 22 lbs within only 4 wks. I stopped for about 2 wks, lost about 6 lbs(mainly stress) but I'm back on them and sleeping a little more, but it only took about 2-3 wks for my body to get used to them. If you wish to gain weight try this! You will cry tears of joy I was struggling with weight gain for about 5 yrs!"

Cece985 June 29, 2014

193 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"All my life I have struggled to gain or maintain my weight. There are periods when I have no appetite. Can go for days and not eat and not get hungry. This medication has been a God send. At first the drowsiness was almost debilitating. After reaching my desired weight, I found that dropping the dose to 1/4 tablet per day kept it on but without the side effects. My son suffers from the same thing and he is now on it too. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to gain weight."

JoJay June 29, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have struggled keeping on weight all my life I used to buy it in my country it work like wonders. Since moving to the UK I was unable to find it. Last week I found it in a pharmacy I have stocked up on it like I am preparing for world war three."

Hilly Billy June 19, 2014

"I am a retired physician who during the course of his practice treated many patients with severe anorexia secondary to HIV/AIDS as well as near end stage malignancies. For many years I prescribed Periactin starting with the 2mgm dose 1/2 to one hour before meal time. Many patients reported a robust weight gain. The hypersomnolence (excessive sleepiness) disappeared after one to three months. The Periactin can be reduced to one 2mgm every third day and the weight usually is maintained at good if not optimal levels. "

maslar01 October 3, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 5'7" weigh 109lbs and had three kids over 8lbs. I am anorexic and had been doing everything to maintain a healthy weight. When I started taking Periactin (cyproheptadine), I was gaining 1-2 lbs a day. The only problem is that 3/4 of my day I was sleeping, had dry mouth and very bad mood swings. Due to my heavy work schedule it was hard to continue taking the pills. When I stopped, I lost the weight as quick as I gained it. 4 days ago I started taking it again and gained 5 lbs. This time once I reach my target weight of 130, I will set aside a meal plan to maintain this weight in addition to taking only 2 pills a week. I would highly recommend this medication to anyone who suffers from anorexia or had no appetite."

Trixie777 January 8, 2013

164 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I take it once a day, and been on it for 2 weeks and already gain 4lb. I feel a lot better and can tell the difference. For the first week I felt like a zombie but once in my system the zombie is gone. I recommend this to anyone who wants to gain weight and be healthy."

Anonymous July 17, 2012

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"On Periactin now for three weeks. I've gained 6 lbs so far. Still making me drowsy. Will keep you updated."

Nummie1 December 4, 2011

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Periactin (Cyproheptadine) is amazing for weight gain! I gained so much weight and I looked amazing, however there were three side effects 1) I slept like a bear, I was always tired 2) I had really bad mood swings, and I was like a zombie 3) dry nose bleeds. However I reduced the dosage from 2 tables (one in the morning, one at night) to one a day and I felt much better. I recommend you take multi-vitamins and do lots of exercise. The results were quick and amazing, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to gain weight."

madame October 1, 2011

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Great for weight gain."

clive345 June 24, 2010

"Used this for severely underweight toddler (borderline failure to thrive) to gently bring the weight back on to the growth chart. Managed to bring the weight up from off the chart to 25% (for a 90% height baby)."

Anonymous July 26, 2009