User Reviews for Ziana

Acne 60 reviews 528 medications

7.2
Summary of Ziana reviews 60 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Ziana

For Acne "I went to a dermatologist back in November, he prescribed me zaina , I start out by using it daily and it cause me a lil redness but it went away , it also made break out a lil when I first start using it , I think that was one of the side effects , but anyways its now January, and my face is looking so muchhhhh better I only have a bit of scars but besides that zaina help me out a lot , and I would recommend this to other people struggling with acne . I also took before and after pictures and I love how my skin is looking ."

Josssp96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "Product had pretty much zero impact on my acne. I used daily, sometimes twice daily for a year and there have been no results. Product can be pricey as well. I'm not sure it's worth. At least it wasn't for me."

Beautiful Bert January 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I had the same problem with the start of this product as others mentioned before--it does break you out for the first few months (I think 2-3 months). However, after that short period of problems it got better & my face started to clear up. I have been taking birth control with this product to control my hormonal balance. The birth control does the job overall but whenever I get a few pop up pimples I put the Ziana on it for like 2 days & it pretty much kills the pimple. I can't use Ziana everyday because it DOES dry out your skin. So I WOULDN'T recommend this be in your daily skin routine...after your face gets use to the product I'd say use it for controlling spots."

s kathleen (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "For some reason, my acne became uncontrollable after I gave birth to my daughter. I finally went to the dermatologist after quite a few breakdowns. I started Ziana in January 2016. This medicine will take about 3 months of purging your skin before it shows how clear your skin will be. Be patient. Yes, it sucks. But it does work 100%. I have before and after if anyone would like to see or has any questions! "

Changed my Life (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "HOPE THIS HELPS After years of jawline and chin acne, some cystic, I saw a dermatoglist, who put me on Ziana Gel - Clindamycin (1.2%) and Tretinoin (.025%). The dermatologist also recommend I use cetaphil products, which I eventually found best was the lightweight lotion and gentle cleansing bar. I wash my face at night with the soap, mostly dry my face (leaving face damp), then apply the ziana, and the apply the lotion. This way, the products absorb better, and also felt good. It got worse before it got better (about 4 months) but today my skin is beautiful and radiant, exactly how I feel! It does make your skin slightly oily (bringing bacteria to surface), however I still rate it a 10 because of the results. Ziana is seriously a MIRACLE!"

NS222 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I keep seeing people say that this leaves more breakouts and they give up. There is a reason the doctors tell you to keep at it! I have been on this product for several years now. When I first started my skin was worse and I had horrible peeling and redness and itchiness. As with most things, it gets worse before it gets better. And believe me, it got better! Not only has it taken care of my acne it has also removed several fine lines and wrinkles. The trick to this is to just hang in there! You sunblock and pamper your face in the beginning. If you stick with it like the doctors suggest, you will see improvement. The key is just trusting the doctors and using the product as directed. It takes time to work. I saw no improvement for a couple months and then almost overnight my face was clear. I am now such a believer in this that I don't want to use anything else! There seems to be A shortage of this right now and I'm really hoping that it is only temporary. I think this stuff is amazing and will most definitely continue use a soon as it becomes available again. This is the only thing that I have found that works for me."

Name is not important (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "great product! Before trying this I used so many over the counter products, but this left me super clear, I had moderate to severe acne, today I get compliments on my skin almost daily! Try it and it may cause more breakouts in the beginning but its definitely worth the wait. I never write reviews but if this can inspire someone to continue finding a solution to their acne It would leave me feeling more than great. I used to cry daily about it and understand how self torturing it can be. Besides using this product, I also wanted to say I do not eat red meat and try to stay on a strict diet, with no dairy, and gluten free foods. I do eat chicken, fish, etc. I believe this has also impacted my skin greatly. There's hope trust me I know it's annoying but with persistence anything is possible!"

Ale719461 September 14, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I was experiencing some bad acne for about 2 years before I went and saw a dermatologist about it. She prescribed me ziana. My main acne was on my cheeks which also lead to brown spots. The first month on this medicine was the worst, you will want to give up, but DONT! It made my skin super sensitive; it made you want to cry but it hurt for tears to even touch your face. No makeup looked good bc of how dry it got. About 2-3 months I started seeing some results. About 5 - 6 months in and I had no blemishes left and the brown spots have faded significantly. There's still some there but I was told those will take the longest to go away. I wish I knew how to share a picture of the difference."

Britt lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I have suffered from cystic acne on my face and back since I was 16 (I'm now 27). I was on birthcontrol Diane for 10 years that helped with the embarassing acne but I wanted to go off of synthetic hormones. My acne came back with a vengance one the birth control was out of my system (about 5 months later) and I was at a loss- My derm recmmended a regimen of applying Ziana gel at night and Acanya in the mornings and also wanted to put me on antibiotics- I never took the Solodyn because I only like to take antibiotics in extreme cases to my kind to my gut. It took 3-4 months for the acne to clear up and the dark spots to disappear but it is 100% gone! Not a single breakout. Be patient its worht it!"

Reb7 July 31, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I've been using Ziana since May every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and there are no results. It is now the end of July and my acne is worse. I read on the website,just today to apply it every night, nothing on there says every other night like my doctor said. I have been battling acne for 17 years and this is getting stressful. I have gone through every treatment you can think of and now I'm starting to give up. I've even looked this bad."

Shainab87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I have had minor acne since sophomore year of college (now graduated). I'm afraid my dermatologist has not been good about following up with me long-term, so I've probably been misusing the medication for a while. It clears up my clogged pores really nicely (yay!) but there are still lots of blackheads and sometimes the clogged pores stay there a long time. I'm a skin picker (bad) so that has aggravated my acne from touching my face and caused some minimal scarring which I can easily cover up with makeup. One of my least favorite things about this medicine is that, although it clears most of my clogged pores, I have noticed an increase in painful cystic acne around hotspots (potentially due to the onset of hormonal acne)."

NGH1347 July 16, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I'm 20 years old, and I had severe cystic acne after my dermatologist gave me trentinoin. It was so bad but I switched to another dermatologist because of my insurance and she gave me Aczone and Ziana with Solodyn pills. My skin is so clear and soft, it's unbelievable. I only have some dryness around my mouth, but besides that my skin is the best it's ever been and I never thought I'd ever be writing a review about something actually working."

kimba4 July 14, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I've been using Ziana for since 2/2016 and this product has done wonders for me. I'm in my mid thirties and have never suffered from acne until the last few years. I'd get these painful "under the skin" bumps that I'd unfortunately squeeze (LEAVE THEM ALONE! Bothering them will only irritate them). I couldn't take it anymore so I visited my dermatologist and he prescribed me Ziana gel. For the first week you will only use it every other day to get your skin use to it. After the first week, use it just before bed. Do not use it until nighttime because the gel oxidizes with sun exposure. Your skill will only be oily for a few months and it helps w/ dark spots. Remember less is best... Use ONLY a pea size or slightly smaller! Good luck!!!"

Cystic acne is no fun June 18, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I had a sudden outbreak of what the derm called adult acne. It came back after it was almost better two weeks later and I went to the Dr. He prescribed Ziana which I use at night and my face not only got 100% better with 0 blemishes but it has not broken out again since. It does make me wake up Very oily, but once I wash my face and apply makeup I don't have that issue throughout the day. I didn't experience any redness or drying. Great product for me!"

Holly D (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "HERE WE GO... New product. I search all product before taking them, I read all reviews and make my choice to try the product.. I will try this, but I will follow through and tell you my experience! Here is some info about me. I am 26 years old (female) Hormonal imbalance (cyst) and bumpy cheeks. I get under the skin cyst that pop up once a month, sometimes two to three at a time. If I mash them, nothing really comes out, but it leaves holes in my face.. the bumps on my cheeks are around my ears and were I would apply blush. I changed out my brushes btw. Anyways other them that I have moderate skin, no severe acne. I am fair skinned. and I'm combination skin type. I go from oily by the end of the day with flakes under my makeup (lol)"

lalaTy May 6, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!! It made me breakout like never before. I had barely any acne before i began this product, but wanted to get rid of my occasional pimple for good. My dermatologist prescribed me this and i used it for a little over a week. My face has never been so dry, irritated, and worst of all, covered in acne. I had a huge breakout on my chin and yes this may just be the initital purge, but it ruins your skin and it is hard to recover from this. I was so depressed during this week and actually felt like a worthless human being because my face looked so bad. Dont trust these harsh skin products!!!"

Anonymous May 5, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I wrote a review yesterday, but there is limited type space and wanted to add some things. Like I said, the facial helped avoid the purging phase & I also had derma planning done where they remove facial hair which helps skin absorb products. When I use the Ziana gel at night, I use one drop to cover my whole face. The first two nights I made the mistake of using about 3 drops & it made my face red. Use a washcloth to cleanse/exfoliate-this will help the peeling, drinks tons of water, use Cetaphil lotion 30 min to 1 HR after Ziana application and you should be good to go. It's been one week & my face looks great & is hardly peeling. You can also apply more lotion to the dry areas. I pat in the lotion instead of rub to help with absorption."

ChelseaL April 14, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I've struggled with moderate acne the past several months and finally went to the dermatologist. She prescribed Ziana gel at night as well as Epiduo for the mornings, an oral antibiotic, and Cetaphil Dermacontrol face cleanser and moisturizer. Like others, the first week of using Ziana gel made areas on my face where the acne was worse slightly red and peel. However, I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin and it's only been a week. I also have been drinking a lot of water (hydrating from the inside out) as well as using regular Cetaphil after I apply the gel at night. The day I saw my dermatologist, I also had a facial done after my appointment so I think that has helped me not have the "purge" phase some people are talking about."

ChelseaL April 13, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I've only started this 3 weeks ago, however, I have seen a huge difference. Within the first couple of days it cleared all the redness and whiteheads. It did dry my skin out, and I had to double up on my moisturizer. Now going into week 3, the deep bumps that never seem to go away have started to subside. I accidentally skipped one night, and could tell the difference the next day, so it's definitly something you have to keep in the habit of."

LizzyMcG (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne ""I have been using ziana for about 6-7 months and it has made my acne better but it makes my face EXTREMLY oily and peely at the same time, but the first 2 months I guess I was better off without ziana, but after that it slowly got better, at the moment my skin still isn't clear but it's gotten better.""

Hehe1010101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I'm 18 and started Ziana about 6 months ago. My acne got so much worse for about 2 weeks and my skin peeled for a couple months (use face lotion!) but as of now my acne is just about gone, a few occasional spots, and some peeling still, but that's okay! This stuff really works but patience is key! As usual with a person, stress makes you break out at this age, so the medication doesn't really stop that."

Vincent p (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I do not recommend ziana at all. I have had a terrible experience. I applied ziana 2x, followed the instruction perfectly. I applied it Tuesday night at bedtime, I washed and dried my face and waited at least 30 minutes to apply a pea size amount to my face. Wednesday I woke up my face was red, but not bad. I applied again Wednesday night the exact same way. When I woke up Thursday morning my face had red blotches and was itchy. Was the day went on the my face got progressively worse. Red blotches, tiny blisters, skin peeling off, severe pain and stinging. I immediately stopped using ziana. Today is Saturday and my face has only continued getting worse. I went back to the dermatologist, got 2 scripts, my face is now bleeding."

Amanda12349 February 6, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I have been on Biacna (Canadian Ziana) for about a month now. For the first couple weeks my skin flared up like crazy and my face was peeling. Now I am finally starting to see my acne, which varied from cysts to moderate, disappear. I am hoping once my face becomes completely clear to see my acne marks fade. IMPORTANT: do not use any astringents or lemon/citrus or benzyl peroxide or tea tree oil while on this because it counteracts the chemicals in Biacna. GOOD LUCK and keep going xx"

Mayalaama (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I have only been on this for about a month. Since the first day I have started using it I have not seen one more pimple on my face. It is amazing! Wish I would have gone to my dermatologist sooner... I did not experience any redness nor did it get worse before it got better. It is helping clear my existing acne marks also. I didn't have very bad acne to begin with but at one point I would get multiple pimples all at once on my cheeks. It was enough to make me self conscience. My skin has however been quite oily but it's worth it in my opinion. I'm hoping as more time goes my skin will adjust. I suggest everyone give this a try."

mary12122222 December 7, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I am 23 years old and since I was 17 I have been battling acne. I tried every over the counter gels, creams and washes from Neutrogena to ProActiv. I had seen 2 different dermatologist offices and was constantly given prescriptions for things but never told what exactly was going on. This past September I switched to a new dermatologist office and was prescribed Ziana along with Solodyn, a pill. I am not going to lie, the first month and a half was really hard for me. I am a teacher and felt embarrassed from how red my face was, the huge pimples that blotched my face and the peeling that was going on really took a toll on me. It is now December and the improvement I have seen is amazing. I am looking much clearer and no blotches!"

Katie A (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

Page 1 2 3 Next

More about Ziana (clindamycin / tretinoin topical)

Other brands: Veltin