User Reviews for Chondroitin/glucosamine

Also known as: Cidaflex, Glucoten, OptiFlex Complete, Schiff Move Free, Cosamin DS, Osteo Bi-Flex, Osteo Bi-Flex Double Strength, Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength, Relamine Pryflex

Osteoarthritis 5.9
Dietary Supplementation 5.8

Reviews for Chondroitin/glucosamine

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2020

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “Only used the medication for a week without noticing much of a difference I read the ingredients on the pack only to notice it contained shrimps, crabs, lobster and crayfish which is bad for my high levels of cholesterol am stopping it right away.”

SockMonkey · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2020

Schiff Move Free Caplets (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “I started taking Move Free Caplets with Turmeric for almost 2 weeks to help ease my knee pain. After a week my knee pain decreased significantly, but I started having pain in my left calf, which has increased with each day. I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary to cause muscle stiffness/soreness, so I’m going to stop taking the caplets to see if it makes a difference. Has anyone had the same experience? Thank you.”

Wendalen · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2020

For Dietary Supplementation: “I’ve been taking this medication for a short time & at the recommended dosage for arthritis & body joint pain. I heard about Glucosamine Chondroitin several months ago & really wanted to try it! Honestly, I don’t remember a time when I’ve had so much nausea, gas & bloating. I’m not sure if it’s helping my pain, as I’m too sick to even get out of bed. I’ve been more productive through the pain than on this medication!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2020

Osteo Bi-Flex (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I started using this product and had good results for a while but when they reduced the size of the pills and they were then smaller my results were not the same. I use it but still have more pain in my joints then I used to,”

Hoosiergirl65 · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “The side effects seem to be fairly rare so I wanted to share my experience. I started taking "Nature Made Triple Flex" a week ago. Ingredients are *Glucosamine Hydrochloride, 1500mg *Chondroitin Sulfate Sodium, 800mg *MSM, 750mg. Directions say to take two per day (1 serving). On the 4th day, I woke up with body aches, not much appetite, and slight cold chills. I've been doing a lot of lifting, working outside so thought it was that. I took two pills that day. Fifth day, same symptoms. I took two pills, one in morning and one at night. My husband started taking these when I did. His only symptom was fatigue. We stopped taking these two days ago. I still feel bad. The body aches are causing even more pain. No thank you. I don't understand what could be causing these symptoms? Neither of us have had any obvious allergic reactions. I do take one BP med. I just want to feel back to normal! I know I'm never taking this again.”

SummerRunner · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 10, 2020

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I have used Move Free for over a year. At 73 yrs old, it was taken to maintain good joint heath. It is a complimentary supplement, so to speak. I take Vitamin D-3 50 to maintain calcium levels that ensure good bone structure. But, to work, strong bones need healthy joints. I run several times per week and do 3 mini marathons/yr. For 2 weeks, I did not take Move Free, and could definitely feel the difference. It was more like a stiffness than a pain. After going back on them, the stiffness subsided without additional stretching. It seems to work for me. I’ve had no adverse reactions from them. They would not fix a torn meniscus, but Move Free seems to keep my joints in good working order.”

Vicky · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2020

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking Free to Move for 20 days now and my pain feels better, but I have a very itchy rash down one side of my neck and down my back. I am going to stop the tabs for a while to see if things improve.”

JD · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2020

Osteo Bi-Flex (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “It definitely seemed to help my leg pain but I had side effects of extreme gas so I’m going to give it a rest!”

Jeff · Taken for 10 years or more December 17, 2019

Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “Watched a show on TV about a woman and her dog. She jogged with dog. Dog stopped running. Arthritis affected dog, Vet prescribes glucosamine. Dog returned running with owner. I retired in 1998. Over the road truck driver. Fingers and hands ached. Started to Osteo Bi-Flex in 1998. My wife was told she would need her thumbs operated on for arthritis, She has been taking it since 1999. No operation 2018 had x-ray on knee had an inflamed bursa and gout in knee. Orthopedic Doctor said, I have a knee of an 18 year-old. I am 80 this year 2019. I have friends younger than me late 50's & 60's and they have had double knee implants. Sorry If it don't work for others. Take it with your lunch and not other medications... Some cholesterol pills cause muscle fatigue and cramps in legs.”

Awesome October 4, 2019

Osteo Bi-Flex Double Strength (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “My doctor tells me to have my knee replaced. But since I have been taking this for one month ....Pain?? What pain. Love this.”

Lisa July 19, 2019

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “I started on this on the suggestion given to me by a medical professional. Not only does it work for me, I feel blessed to be fairly pain free from my chronic low back pain. I ran out and thought I would see what would happen. Within a week the LBP was right back! Started using it again and about a week and a half the LPB was gone again. I have had absolutely no side effects...ankles and face no swelling.”

fonz · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “seven years ago I was in a accident and my knee was hurt and Ive tried many different drugs and none of them helped I have been taking this Move free ultra for 25 days and this last week I've been pain free and walking more then I have in two years with out pain and so far there isn't any swelling like I was having daily. For me this is the best”

CJB · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “After taking for two weeks, I noticed that my muscles in my arms legs as well as my feet were hurting. Aching, really. I have decided to stop taking to see if this might be the cause. This all started at the time I began taking the Move Free.”

Soke · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2018

Osteo Bi-Flex (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “Took the whole bottle over the month and it didn't do anything for me. I still in horrible pain, ended up in the ER!”

GJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2018

Cosamin DS (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “Started taking Cosamin DS several months ago for arthritis pain and stiffness. Started having excessive gas about the time I started taking Cosamin DS. I plan to stop taking Cosamin DS to see if this cures my gas problem. Hair loss may also be associated.”

Stiff joints · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “This product all but eliminated my knee and joint pain. Unfortunately, I failed to follow the recommendation to inform my doctor that I was taking it. My side effect is very swollen feet and legs. I had to give up on less joint pain and stop taking it.”

Candy · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I can't say that I've felt a major change in my knee pain. I did notice that I felt "weird". I feel achy pretty much all over my body. I had headaches and nausea. I think I am going to stop taking this.”

GG · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “After one full week of taking the Move Free Ulta, the one pill per day dosage as indicated in the directions, I found zero relief from my joint pain, but on about the 5th day, noticed my face was a little puffy, but didn’t attribute it to the pills, and on the 7th day, along with the puffy face, both eyelids were puffy. When I looked closer at the side effects, puffy eyelids was listed as a possible side effect. Not wanting to risk any further problems.....after one week, I am going to stop this supplement.”

nana41 April 30, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “After several months of taking the Schiff Move Free I noticed swelling in my feet and a deep rash on one foot & leg. I know I cannot eat tuna but that's in the 'finfish' category so not sure about this. I stopped taking the Move Free & the rash cleared up.. So to be on the safe side I stopped taking this product altogether..”

cherylkay November 18, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: “I have knee pain and only been taken about a week and already feeling much better . I need to have knee replacement after I went to OIP orthopedic Dr. my knees hurt me so bad so I decided to give GC a try . wow, not a lot of pain any more . I love it and will tell everyone to try it .THANK YOU, cheryl”

SARIN - INDIA · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 23, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “When I took this continuously, it appeared helpful in movement and pain relief. I ran out of stock for about 15 days, the Pain and stiffness returned with a vengeance. It can merely be a pain killer and not a cure.”

JMorky · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 6, 2017

Cosamin DS (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I've been taking this supplement for about 2.5 months and have suddenly experienced substantial hair loss. I noticed more hair loss after showering over the past several weeks and after looking into this further, I was able to confirm this supplement was the cause. Super upsetting as my hair is approximately half the thickness of what it normally is.”

Mojo's Mom December 16, 2016

Osteo Bi-Flex (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “After one month, hip pain and lower back pain dramatically improved. Haven't slept more than few hours for last 3 years due to severe pain and now I can sleep all night. Used to have monthly flare-ups of full body inflammation lasting 3-5 days. Fingers crossed... So far, no flare ups!”

Allergic to Shell July 2, 2016

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I noticed that my hands and feet were swollen I realized that it felt like a reaction that I have when I touch or eat shrimp or eat pork. The only thing that I knew that was different in my diet was the Move Free. I had been taking the Move Free for three days. I looked up the ingredients and saw that it was made with shellfish as well as an ingredient made from pork.”

Corgidawg · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “I began taking GC after being unable to tolerate meloxicam, although meloxicam relieved my inflammation and pain considerably. After taking GC for 14 days, I notice a definite improvement in my arthritis symptoms. The GC does give me excessive gas and bloating, but does not give me the severe stomach pain that the meloxicam produced. It's all about what side effects are less severe.”