User Reviews for Chondroitin / glucosamine

Also known as: Cidaflex, Cosamin DS, Glucoten, OptiFlex Complete, Osteo Bi-Flex, Osteo Bi-Flex Double Strength, Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength, Pryflex, Relamine, Schiff Move Free, Schiff Move Free Caplets

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Chondroitin/glucosamine.

Dietary Supplementation
6.2

Osteoarthritis
6.2

Summary of Chondroitin/glucosamine reviews 6.3 9 reviews

Reviews for Chondroitin/glucosamine

For Osteoarthritis: "When I took this continuously, it appeared helpful in movement and pain relief. I ran out of stock for about 15 days, the Pain and stiffness returned with a vengeance. It can merely be a pain killer and not a cure."

SARIN - INDIA (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cosamin DS (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: "I've been taking this supplement for about 2.5 months and have suddenly experienced substantial hair loss. I noticed more hair loss after showering over the past several weeks and after looking into this further, I was able to confirm this supplement was the cause. Super upsetting as my hair is approximately half the thickness of what it normally is."

JMorky (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Osteo Bi-Flex (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: "After one month, hip pain and lower back pain dramatically improved. Haven't slept more than few hours for last 3 years due to severe pain and now I can sleep all night. Used to have monthly flare-ups of full body inflammation lasting 3-5 days. Fingers crossed... So far, no flare ups!"

Mojo's Mom December 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: "I noticed that my hands and feet were swollen I realized that it felt like a reaction that I have when I touch or eat shrimp or eat pork. The only thing that I knew that was different in my diet was the Move Free. I had been taking the Move Free for three days. I looked up the ingredients and saw that it was made with shellfish as well as an ingredient made from pork."

Allergic to Shell July 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I began taking GC after being unable to tolerate meloxicam, although meloxicam relieved my inflammation and pain considerably. After taking GC for 14 days, I notice a definite improvement in my arthritis symptoms. The GC does give me excessive gas and bloating, but does not give me the severe stomach pain that the meloxicam produced. It's all about what side effects are less severe."

Corgidawg (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I developed memory loss."

imarie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "Have been taking for at least 10 years at quarter then half strength, if I do not take for several days (forget to take on vacation or decide to go off for awhile) the pain in my hip (like grinding bones) returns with a vengeance."

Freeflying February 19, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "Effective over time. Was told by my pharmacist that it can take up to 4 months to reach full effectiveness. It's only been 1 month and I feel joint pains more often when I forget to take it."

efayad12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Great natural medicine however it must be taken everyday to be effective."

Anonymous February 4, 2010