User Reviews for Chondroitin / glucosamine

Also known as: Osteo Bi-Flex, Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength, Cosamin DS, Schiff Move Free, Cidaflex, Glucoten, OptiFlex Complete, Osteo Bi-Flex Double Strength, Relamine Pryflex …show all brand names

Chondroitin / glucosamine has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 42 ratings on Drugs.com. 44% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Osteoarthritis
5.9
Dietary Supplementation
5.5
Summary of Chondroitin / glucosamine reviews 5.8 42 reviews

Reviews for Chondroitin / glucosamine

Lisa July 19, 2019

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “I started on this on the suggestion given to me by a medical professional. Not only does it work for me, I feel blessed to be fairly pain free from my chronic low back pain. I ran out and thought I would see what would happen. Within a week the LBP was right back! Started using it again and about a week and a half the LPB was gone again. I have had absolutely no side effects...ankles and face no swelling.”

SummerRunner · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 10, 2020

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I have used Move Free for over a year. At 73 yrs old, it was taken to maintain good joint heath. It is a complimentary supplement, so to speak. I take Vitamin D-3 50 to maintain calcium levels that ensure good bone structure. But, to work, strong bones need healthy joints. I run several times per week and do 3 mini marathons/yr. For 2 weeks, I did not take Move Free, and could definitely feel the difference. It was more like a stiffness than a pain. After going back on them, the stiffness subsided without additional stretching. It seems to work for me. I’ve had no adverse reactions from them. They would not fix a torn meniscus, but Move Free seems to keep my joints in good working order.”

Mojo's Mom December 16, 2016

Osteo Bi-Flex (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “After one month, hip pain and lower back pain dramatically improved. Haven't slept more than few hours for last 3 years due to severe pain and now I can sleep all night. Used to have monthly flare-ups of full body inflammation lasting 3-5 days. Fingers crossed... So far, no flare ups!”

fonz · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “seven years ago I was in a accident and my knee was hurt and Ive tried many different drugs and none of them helped I have been taking this Move free ultra for 25 days and this last week I've been pain free and walking more then I have in two years with out pain and so far there isn't any swelling like I was having daily. For me this is the best”

CJB · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “After taking for two weeks, I noticed that my muscles in my arms legs as well as my feet were hurting. Aching, really. I have decided to stop taking to see if this might be the cause. This all started at the time I began taking the Move Free.”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2021

Osteo Bi-Flex (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “I had recent blood work and my AST ( liver measurement ) score was 60. The reference range is 7-37. My number was 23 on blood work taken 6 months earlier. Can Osteo Bi-Flex cause this jump in my AST score? I started taking it early October, 2020.”

Stiff joints · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “This product all but eliminated my knee and joint pain. Unfortunately, I failed to follow the recommendation to inform my doctor that I was taking it. My side effect is very swollen feet and legs. I had to give up on less joint pain and stop taking it.”

Vicky · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2020

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking Free to Move for 20 days now and my pain feels better, but I have a very itchy rash down one side of my neck and down my back. I am going to stop the tabs for a while to see if things improve.”

Candy · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I can't say that I've felt a major change in my knee pain. I did notice that I felt "weird". I feel achy pretty much all over my body. I had headaches and nausea. I think I am going to stop taking this.”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2020

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “Only used the medication for a week without noticing much of a difference I read the ingredients on the pack only to notice it contained shrimps, crabs, lobster and crayfish which is bad for my high levels of cholesterol am stopping it right away.”

Jeff · Taken for 10 years or more December 17, 2019

Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “Watched a show on TV about a woman and her dog. She jogged with dog. Dog stopped running. Arthritis affected dog, Vet prescribes glucosamine. Dog returned running with owner. I retired in 1998. Over the road truck driver. Fingers and hands ached. Started to Osteo Bi-Flex in 1998. My wife was told she would need her thumbs operated on for arthritis, She has been taking it since 1999. No operation 2018 had x-ray on knee had an inflamed bursa and gout in knee. Orthopedic Doctor said, I have a knee of an 18 year-old. I am 80 this year 2019. I have friends younger than me late 50's & 60's and they have had double knee implants. Sorry If it don't work for others. Take it with your lunch and not other medications... Some cholesterol pills cause muscle fatigue and cramps in legs.”

GG · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “After one full week of taking the Move Free Ulta, the one pill per day dosage as indicated in the directions, I found zero relief from my joint pain, but on about the 5th day, noticed my face was a little puffy, but didn’t attribute it to the pills, and on the 7th day, along with the puffy face, both eyelids were puffy. When I looked closer at the side effects, puffy eyelids was listed as a possible side effect. Not wanting to risk any further problems.....after one week, I am going to stop this supplement.”

GJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2018

Cosamin DS (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “Started taking Cosamin DS several months ago for arthritis pain and stiffness. Started having excessive gas about the time I started taking Cosamin DS. I plan to stop taking Cosamin DS to see if this cures my gas problem. Hair loss may also be associated.”

Allergic to Shell July 2, 2016

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I noticed that my hands and feet were swollen I realized that it felt like a reaction that I have when I touch or eat shrimp or eat pork. The only thing that I knew that was different in my diet was the Move Free. I had been taking the Move Free for three days. I looked up the ingredients and saw that it was made with shellfish as well as an ingredient made from pork.”

Jon · Taken for 10 years or more October 28, 2020

Cosamin DS (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I know many people who use this - and also many animals that take the veterinary version. I have never heard anyone mention hair loss before. I have taken for about 20 years and as I have as much hair now as I have ever had, it has just got more grey in it! Some people find it really helpful, other people less so, but this goes for most products. Don't expect a miracle cure as the effects slowly develop - initially I took it for about three months and having decided it wasn't doing anything stopped. Then I woke up feeling stiffer than I had been feeling recently and decided the product had actually been helping me - and I've been taking it on and off ever since. Most people can reduce the amount they take over time.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2020

Osteo Bi-Flex (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I started using this product and had good results for a while but when they reduced the size of the pills and they were then smaller my results were not the same. I use it but still have more pain in my joints then I used to,”

nana41 April 30, 2018

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “After several months of taking the Schiff Move Free I noticed swelling in my feet and a deep rash on one foot & leg. I know I cannot eat tuna but that's in the 'finfish' category so not sure about this. I stopped taking the Move Free & the rash cleared up.. So to be on the safe side I stopped taking this product altogether..”

JMorky · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 6, 2017

Cosamin DS (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Dietary Supplementation: “I've been taking this supplement for about 2.5 months and have suddenly experienced substantial hair loss. I noticed more hair loss after showering over the past several weeks and after looking into this further, I was able to confirm this supplement was the cause. Super upsetting as my hair is approximately half the thickness of what it normally is.”

Freeflying February 19, 2015

For Dietary Supplementation: “Have been taking for at least 10 years at quarter then half strength, if I do not take for several days (forget to take on vacation or decide to go off for awhile) the pain in my hip (like grinding bones) returns with a vengeance.”

Fluff · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2021

Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “I was having pain in my joints so I started taking Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength. Within a couple of weeks I developed severe swelling in my legs, ankles, and feet. I stopped taking it, and lo and behold the swelling went away. I'm very disappointed, to say the least.”

BrendaF · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2020

Cosamin DS (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “Have been taking Cosamin DS for a couple of months. I started having severe gas and stomach pains. I never associated it with the supplement until reading these reviews. I’m discontinuing and hope the issue resolves.”

Corgidawg · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “I began taking GC after being unable to tolerate meloxicam, although meloxicam relieved my inflammation and pain considerably. After taking GC for 14 days, I notice a definite improvement in my arthritis symptoms. The GC does give me excessive gas and bloating, but does not give me the severe stomach pain that the meloxicam produced. It's all about what side effects are less severe.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2021

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “I started taking the Move Free five days ago. I have had muscle pain and headaches every day. I have barely been able to sleep more than an hour at a time since. I am definitely going to stop taking this product.”

pepper73 June 25, 2021

Schiff Move Free (chondroitin / glucosamine) for Osteoarthritis: “I was having age related joint pain and muscle stiffness, I’m one month in with MF, haven’t had any adverse reactions, I’ve noticed better flexibility and less pain, in the morning I can practically jump outta bed, I’m usually 10 minutes to get up with joint pain, will continue and talk to my physician about it, I’m feeling right now it’s worth the money.”

Mojojojo · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 28, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “At age 60, I pushed my elbows way too hard doing curls one day. For the next month I could hardly lift a coffee cup with my right hand. I'm right-handed. From googling & studying WEB MB, I discovered Osteobiflex Triple Strength. Incredible results in days!!!!!!! Helped my back from a 10 year old automobile injury, too. Wasn't expecting that bonus. . I never run out. I have battled a little hair thinning, but if it's caused by the product.”