User Reviews for Cefprozil

Bladder Infection
1.5

Summary of Cefprozil reviews 4.8 27 reviews

Reviews for Cefprozil

For Otitis Media: "This antibiotic doesn't work as quickly as penicillin based medications do. I'm on my 5th dose and I still have a stuffy nose sore throat however my ear is no longer hurting but it is still clogged. I'm not sure if this just takes longer to work or if it's not working at all however I am extremely fatigued and I don't know if it's because of the cold or from the medication."

Yax (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I took this twice a day for over a week. I don't notice any improvement. In the past when I have taken Amoxicillin or Augmentin I had relief in 3 days every time I had one of these irritating sinus infections."

Rich March 25, 2018

For Bronchitis: "It is the 5th day taking this garbage and I'm nauseous as anything and my vag is itching so now I have candidiasis..and have a nasty taste in my mouth....awful med"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

For Bronchitis: "This did not work! My physician prescribed 500mg every 12 hours for 7 days. Had to return for a Z pac. Cured."

pepper131 (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2018

For Bronchitis: "Been taking this on and off for the last few years. Always within a few days of being on it twice daily. I feel some relief. Never any side effects. Best antibiotic I've taken."

Mama2017 September 21, 2017

For Sinusitis: "After 5 days I feel horrible on this medication. As if I didn't feel bad enough with the sinus infection, now I have horrible - horrible! - diarrhea, stomach ache, and cramps. Worst antibiotic I have ever been on!"

JabberJess (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed cefprozil 5 days ago and I am getting worse. I have suffered for years with sinus infections and can say that this is the most ineffective antiobitic I have ever been prescribed as with others there has always been a slight to moderate improvement. Will be returning to the doctor today to request a real solution."

JLWP January 14, 2017

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Sinusitis: "Terrible medicine. I had diarrhea with dehydration and ended up with severe dry mouth at night. I took it for sinus for over a month and need to take for 70 days but it killed stomach already. I used to drink lot of water but all useless with this medicine. I think I have to stop it."

Rajwdh January 10, 2017

For Sinusitis: "I am on my 5th day of taking 500 mg per day and I still have a bad sinus infection and plugged ears. It doesn't seem to be helping me at all. It feels like it is getting worse."

Rositapapita December 2, 2016

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "It was prescribed to treat a bad sore throat. It didn't help. After taking it not only did the sore throat remain, but I developed vaginitis and diarrhea that took me long to cure. Be careful if your immune system is sensitive to antibiotics and make sure you also take an effective probiotic while on this."

crystaljuniper (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "This medicine really helped, thanks Dr.K."

Orestes (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I was told to take 500mg twice a days for 20 days and after 7 days I developed Severe vaginal itching and discharge severe itching on arms and face burning of tongue. I continued to take the rest like I was prescribed and have been done with it for 5 days and just now overcoming the side effects"

BelindaRicky March 7, 2016

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bladder Infection: "I was given this for UTI and Sinusitis at the same time! After 2 doses I felt a little relief but woke up in the middle of the night itching on the palms of my hands, bottoms of my feet and knees and elbows! My hands were also swelling after the 4 th dose so I quit taking it. Still had the infection and pain after 4 doses!"

Handsandfeet December 12, 2015

For Pneumonia: "I have pneumonia and I've been taking this medication for days and I actually am getting worse not better"

Lucy lou (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Sinusitis: "The only thing that has kicked each of the many sinus infections I've had over the years, including the one I picked up in Maui and had to fly home with--ended up with a double ear and sinus infection. Amoxicillin just won't do it for me."

East Oregonian (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2013

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Great"

nurse36 (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2012

For Otitis Media: "Prescribed to 2 yr old son since he is allergic to amoxicillin (broke out in head to toe rash). Day 2 of this medicine and a rash that looked like the one with amoxicillian started to show on his body and face. Gave Benadryl and within 2 hrs rash seemed to mostly disappear. Will see his doctor tomorrow for assessment and possible medication change."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2012

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bladder Infection: "Took it for 7 days for urinary tract infection and didn't get rid of it. Saw the doctor and was put on Macrobid which makes me nauseous."

felix666 February 23, 2012

For Otitis Media: "Giving medicine to my one year old. She has a bad diaper rash, diarrhea, and mild abdominal rash since day 2 of this medication. Not best for young children or infants in my opinion...last resort. This has to work though since the first antibiotic failed."

Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj February 3, 2012

For Bladder Infection: "I'm on my 5th day of this medication and I've had no side effects like skin rash or vaginal itching as I see some do but I have noticed my urine smells really bad, not sure why. It started after the 2nd and 3rd day of medication but overall feeling better."

apriliny January 9, 2012

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Pneumonia: "I love this medication. It helped me fight my pneumonia. As well, it has helped me with tonsil/throat infections. It is my medication of choice. My kids take it as well when the doctor feels it is appropriate to the situation. No side effects in our family."

Anonymous November 28, 2010

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Works for me every time."

Anonymous September 22, 2010

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bronchitis: "I used this to treat bronchitis and whooping cough! I felt much better after just taking it for a couple of days. After the 7th day on it I have EXTREME vaginal itching."

Anonymous July 21, 2010

For Sinusitis: "After my 5 yr old took this for the full 10 days, she still developed an ear infection and had to be put on azithromycin."

Anonymous March 12, 2010

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Giving this medicine to my 1 yr old and has had nothing but diarrhea and a tore up bottom. "

Anonymous November 21, 2009