User Reviews for Cefprozil

Also known as: Cefzil

Learn more about Cefprozil.

Bronchitis 1 reviews 287 medications

Bladder Infection 3 reviews 81 medications

1.5
Summary of Cefprozil reviews 22 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Cefprozil

For Sinusitis: "After 5 days I feel horrible on this medication. As if I didn't feel bad enough with the sinus infection, now I have horrible - horrible! - diarrhea, stomach ache, and cramps. Worst antibiotic I have ever been on!"

JabberJess (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed cefprozil 5 days ago and I am getting worse. I have suffered for years with sinus infections and can say that this is the most ineffective antiobitic I have ever been prescribed as with others there has always been a slight to moderate improvement. Will be returning to the doctor today to request a real solution."

JLWP January 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Sinusitis: "Terrible medicine. I had diarrhea with dehydration and ended up with severe dry mouth at night. I took it for sinus for over a month and need to take for 70 days but it killed stomach already. I used to drink lot of water but all useless with this medicine. I think I have to stop it."

Rajwdh January 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "I am on my 5th day of taking 500 mg per day and I still have a bad sinus infection and plugged ears. It doesn't seem to be helping me at all. It feels like it is getting worse."

Rositapapita December 2, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "It was prescribed to treat a bad sore throat. It didn't help. After taking it not only did the sore throat remain, but I developed vaginitis and diarrhea that took me long to cure. Be careful if your immune system is sensitive to antibiotics and make sure you also take an effective probiotic while on this."

crystaljuniper (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "This medicine really helped, thanks Dr.K."

Orestes (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "I was told to take 500mg twice a days for 20 days and after 7 days I developed Severe vaginal itching and discharge severe itching on arms and face burning of tongue. I continued to take the rest like I was prescribed and have been done with it for 5 days and just now overcoming the side effects"

BelindaRicky March 7, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bladder Infection: "I was given this for UTI and Sinusitis at the same time! After 2 doses I felt a little relief but woke up in the middle of the night itching on the palms of my hands, bottoms of my feet and knees and elbows! My hands were also swelling after the 4 th dose so I quit taking it. Still had the infection and pain after 4 doses!"

Handsandfeet December 12, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Pneumonia: "I have pneumonia and I've been taking this medication for days and I actually am getting worse not better"

Lucy lou (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Sinusitis: "The only thing that has kicked each of the many sinus infections I've had over the years, including the one I picked up in Maui and had to fly home with--ended up with a double ear and sinus infection. Amoxicillin just won't do it for me."

East Oregonian (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2013

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Great"

nurse36 (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2012

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Otitis Media: "Prescribed to 2 yr old son since he is allergic to amoxicillin (broke out in head to toe rash). Day 2 of this medicine and a rash that looked like the one with amoxicillian started to show on his body and face. Gave Benadryl and within 2 hrs rash seemed to mostly disappear. Will see his doctor tomorrow for assessment and possible medication change."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2012

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bladder Infection: "Took it for 7 days for urinary tract infection and didn't get rid of it. Saw the doctor and was put on Macrobid which makes me nauseous."

felix666 February 23, 2012

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Otitis Media: "Giving medicine to my one year old. She has a bad diaper rash, diarrhea, and mild abdominal rash since day 2 of this medication. Not best for young children or infants in my opinion...last resort. This has to work though since the first antibiotic failed."

Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj February 3, 2012

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bladder Infection: "I'm on my 5th day of this medication and I've had no side effects like skin rash or vaginal itching as I see some do but I have noticed my urine smells really bad, not sure why. It started after the 2nd and 3rd day of medication but overall feeling better."

apriliny January 9, 2012

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Pneumonia: "I love this medication. It helped me fight my pneumonia. As well, it has helped me with tonsil/throat infections. It is my medication of choice. My kids take it as well when the doctor feels it is appropriate to the situation. No side effects in our family."

Anonymous November 28, 2010

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Works for me every time."

Anonymous September 22, 2010

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bronchitis: "I used this to treat bronchitis and whooping cough! I felt much better after just taking it for a couple of days. After the 7th day on it I have EXTREME vaginal itching."

Anonymous July 21, 2010

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "After my 5 yr old took this for the full 10 days, she still developed an ear infection and had to be put on azithromycin."

Anonymous March 12, 2010

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Giving this medicine to my 1 yr old and has had nothing but diarrhea and a tore up bottom. "

Anonymous November 21, 2009

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "Took one dose and broke out in a rash up left arm, then the same arm became numb and tingly. Got the sweats real bad, had to take Benadryl right away."

Anonymous July 9, 2009

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Sinusitis: "I could tell a huge difference before I even took the second dose! I feel much better!"

BsbShorty March 18, 2008