User Reviews for Cefprozil

Also known as: Cefzil

Cefprozil has an average rating of 4.3 out of 10 from a total of 31 ratings on Drugs.com. 30% of those users who reviewed Cefprozil reported a positive effect, while 59% reported a negative effect.

Sinusitis
6.5
Summary of Cefprozil reviews 4.3 31 reviews

Reviews for Cefprozil

24RenAlexis January 1, 2020

For Sinusitis: “50/50 on if my sinusitis is ever affected, but for all of those taking it EATING YOGURT should be MANDATORY INFORMATION. This helps replace the good bacteria in your stomach, your vagina, and anywhere else your “flora” should be propagating. If you do this, add in the good bacteria to your body it leads to less (if any) stomach issues, diarrhea, yeast infections, etc.”

CB · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2019

For Sinusitis: “Took cefprozil for 7 days to treat a sinus infection I had for 5 weeks. Not only did it not help at all, but it made me feel worse. The sinus pain and pressure in my face tripled to the point where I had to take constant OTC pain killers and put ice on my face.”

chancey · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2018

For Sinusitis: “I took this medicine for a sinus infection and it did get rid of it as far as I know. however, nearing the end of my treatment, I developed literally THE WORST yeast infection ever. it hurts so bad, I can't be intimate with my boyfriend, it is beyond itchy, the discharge is absolutely ridiculous. I'm so mad”

East Oregonian · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2013

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Sinusitis: “The only thing that has kicked each of the many sinus infections I've had over the years, including the one I picked up in Maui and had to fly home with--ended up with a double ear and sinus infection. Amoxicillin just won't do it for me.”

Anonymous November 28, 2010

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Pneumonia: “I love this medication. It helped me fight my pneumonia. As well, it has helped me with tonsil/throat infections. It is my medication of choice. My kids take it as well when the doctor feels it is appropriate to the situation. No side effects in our family.”

apriliny January 9, 2012

For Bladder Infection: “I'm on my 5th day of this medication and I've had no side effects like skin rash or vaginal itching as I see some do but I have noticed my urine smells really bad, not sure why. It started after the 2nd and 3rd day of medication but overall feeling better.”

Handsandfeet December 12, 2015

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bladder Infection: “I was given this for UTI and Sinusitis at the same time! After 2 doses I felt a little relief but woke up in the middle of the night itching on the palms of my hands, bottoms of my feet and knees and elbows! My hands were also swelling after the 4 th dose so I quit taking it. Still had the infection and pain after 4 doses!”

crystaljuniper · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2016

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: “It was prescribed to treat a bad sore throat. It didn't help. After taking it not only did the sore throat remain, but I developed vaginitis and diarrhea that took me long to cure. Be careful if your immune system is sensitive to antibiotics and make sure you also take an effective probiotic while on this.”

Rajwdh January 10, 2017

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Sinusitis: “Terrible medicine. I had diarrhea with dehydration and ended up with severe dry mouth at night. I took it for sinus for over a month and need to take for 70 days but it killed stomach already. I used to drink lot of water but all useless with this medicine. I think I have to stop it.”

JabberJess · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2017

For Sinusitis: “After 5 days I feel horrible on this medication. As if I didn't feel bad enough with the sinus infection, now I have horrible - horrible! - diarrhea, stomach ache, and cramps. Worst antibiotic I have ever been on!”

BelindaRicky March 7, 2016

For Sinusitis: “I was told to take 500mg twice a days for 20 days and after 7 days I developed Severe vaginal itching and discharge severe itching on arms and face burning of tongue. I continued to take the rest like I was prescribed and have been done with it for 5 days and just now overcoming the side effects”

Yax · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2018

For Otitis Media: “This antibiotic doesn't work as quickly as penicillin based medications do. I'm on my 5th dose and I still have a stuffy nose sore throat however my ear is no longer hurting but it is still clogged. I'm not sure if this just takes longer to work or if it's not working at all however I am extremely fatigued and I don't know if it's because of the cold or from the medication.”

Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj February 3, 2012

For Otitis Media: “Giving medicine to my one year old. She has a bad diaper rash, diarrhea, and mild abdominal rash since day 2 of this medication. Not best for young children or infants in my opinion...last resort. This has to work though since the first antibiotic failed.”

JLWP January 14, 2017

For Sinusitis: “I was prescribed cefprozil 5 days ago and I am getting worse. I have suffered for years with sinus infections and can say that this is the most ineffective antiobitic I have ever been prescribed as with others there has always been a slight to moderate improvement. Will be returning to the doctor today to request a real solution.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2012

For Otitis Media: “Prescribed to 2 yr old son since he is allergic to amoxicillin (broke out in head to toe rash). Day 2 of this medicine and a rash that looked like the one with amoxicillian started to show on his body and face. Gave Benadryl and within 2 hrs rash seemed to mostly disappear. Will see his doctor tomorrow for assessment and possible medication change.”

Rich March 25, 2018

For Sinusitis: “I took this twice a day for over a week. I don't notice any improvement. In the past when I have taken Amoxicillin or Augmentin I had relief in 3 days every time I had one of these irritating sinus infections.”

BsbShorty March 18, 2008

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Sinusitis: “I could tell a huge difference before I even took the second dose! I feel much better!”

Anonymous July 21, 2010

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bronchitis: “I used this to treat bronchitis and whooping cough! I felt much better after just taking it for a couple of days. After the 7th day on it I have EXTREME vaginal itching.”

Lucy lou · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2015

For Pneumonia: “I have pneumonia and I've been taking this medication for days and I actually am getting worse not better”

felix666 February 23, 2012

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bladder Infection: “Took it for 7 days for urinary tract infection and didn't get rid of it. Saw the doctor and was put on Macrobid which makes me nauseous.”

Anonymous March 12, 2010

For Sinusitis: “After my 5 yr old took this for the full 10 days, she still developed an ear infection and had to be put on azithromycin.”

Anonymous September 22, 2010

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: “Works for me every time.”

Anonymous July 9, 2009

For Sinusitis: “Took one dose and broke out in a rash up left arm, then the same arm became numb and tingly. Got the sweats real bad, had to take Benadryl right away.”

nurse36 · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2012

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: “Great”

Rositapapita December 2, 2016

For Sinusitis: “I am on my 5th day of taking 500 mg per day and I still have a bad sinus infection and plugged ears. It doesn't seem to be helping me at all. It feels like it is getting worse.”

Orestes · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: “This medicine really helped, thanks Dr.K.”

Al · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2018

For Otitis Media: “Side effects = Diarrhea, cramps, stomach pains”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

For Bronchitis: “It is the 5th day taking this garbage and I'm nauseous as anything and my vag is itching so now I have candidiasis..and have a nasty taste in my mouth....awful med”