User Reviews for Captopril

Captopril has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings on Drugs.com. 100% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

High Blood Pressure
Summary of Captopril reviews 9.0 6 reviews

Marcos V · May 13, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “I first stumbled upon this medication while living in Mexico. I had a real bad panic attack from metoprolol that was my high blood pressure medication, I was taking at the time, and the doctor there told me to take captopril. I never felt better and I haven't had a panic attack in 3 years, plus my blood pressure is great. ”

cw2go · November 9, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: “I was very happy to find this medicine. It is inexpensive, works well, has been well researched, and has a noted negative correlation with senile memory loss. My impression is that I have good mental sharpness, and I have come to trust it after using it for well over 2 years. (My mother experienced profound memory loss, which she attributed to her blood pressure medicines, so this research was of interest to me). The downside of this medicine is that it must be taken every 8 hours, so it requires better attention, but it works well, so I am fine with that. I did experience the dry cough that many new users are said to experience, and this was a minor annoyance for perhaps the first 5 - 6 months, but it was like a tiny tickle in the throat, very minor.”

Mikw · Taken for 5 to 10 years · November 14, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: “The captopril was very effective in controlling my blood pressure, However, I have very bad alopecia all over. I looked under side effects For Health Care Professionals and I see alopecia is Common (1% to 10%)! I've now switched over to lisinopril to see if my alopecia (hair loss) will subside. -And captopril has gotten very expensive.”

jirred · September 17, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “This drug was marvellous for controlling my blood pressure when I developed post partum pre eclampsia. Not so good was the side effects which meant I needed to take anti sickness tablets before each dose. Worth it though!”

jemila · June 23, 2008

For High Blood Pressure: “This medication is the best for me. I have been very good since I have been taking it.”

Capotine · Taken for 1 to 2 years · December 14, 2021

For High Blood Pressure: “Very effective in 180/112 I personally use in emergency for high b.p”