User Reviews for Cabergoline

Also known as: Dostinex

Learn more about Cabergoline.

Hyperprolactinemia 32 reviews 3 medications

8.2
Summary of Cabergoline reviews 32 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Cabergoline

For Hyperprolactinemia: "Just started taking Cabergoline. I'm excited! I've gained weight and can't seen to lose weight due to high prolactin. I'm so ready to be normal again"

Marnita March 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I am 34 years of age male and for years since 2003 when I was just 21 years of age started feeling really depressed and started suffering with anxiety but prior in the build up to this I had also suffered from depleted sex drive foggy memory moods swings low energy always needed an afternoon nap to get me through the day no matter how much sleep I had. Any way I had been going docs for years I was prescribed Citalopram which did 90% eradicate the anxiety and definitely the depression but I still suffered with the other symptoms. I always told them how I felt had tests for diabetes checked my thyroid etc all come back clear. Long story short found out I had a pituitary tumour and took Carbegoline and everything cleared up felt great!!!!!"

Gaz888 February 20, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dostinex (cabergoline) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I was told this drug would fix my symptoms in 12 months but I had to take it for almost 10 years and my hormone levels fluctuated greatly over that time."

Joyjen February 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I am one month in take this pill 0.5mg every 3-4 days and I feel extremely dizzy, more dizzy than before I took it, it's hard to focus but I also feel it is doing its job and lowering my prolactin levels to where they need to be. I'm stopping the meds for now because the dizzy is to much, I take anti nausea meds and antivertigo meds and they work for a bit but they wear off and it comes back more intense I'm going this week to check my levels again, the pills works the side effects are rough."

Zuxyun (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dostinex (cabergoline) for Hyperprolactinemia: "Before I was using parlodel which is the same medicine for reducing prolactin. My prolactin is 49 and facing irregular periods. Previously I faced horrible side effects but with dostinex I am very happy no side effects just feel sleepy some time."

Adimaan November 8, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "It has reduced my prolactin levels effectively, and it increases testosterone to some extent. The side effects are loss of motivation, and finding mental exertion more tiring, which can be a real problem at work. The side effects seem to be dose dependant so I break the pills into quarters or eighths and take them more often to eliminate the peaks after dosing. I've also been able to reduce the dose whilst still keeping the prolactin levels in the middle of the normal range, which has also helped with side effects."

nkl (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "My Prolactin level was 75 and after less than 5 weeks, my Prolactin went down to normal. The side-effects were extreme the first 2-3 weeks (burning headaches, nausea, depression). At this point (6 weeks in), I mostly suffer the side-effects when I haven't slept enough. I hadn't had my period since December 2015 and got my first real period a week ago. I'm not sure if my 4mm benign tumor has shrunk yet, but at least I know that the medicine is working. When taking this drug I've found that that it is really important to sleep well, eat healthy and exercise frequently, to eliminate side-effects. I'd absolutely recommend it!"

Sois May 13, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dostinex (cabergoline) for Hyperprolactinemia: "Avoid this drug at all costs! I took it to bring down my prolactin levels which it did but I had some extreme side effects. Severe depression, fatigue, lack of motivation just to name a few."

Ange A May 9, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dostinex (cabergoline) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I have been taking dostinex/cabergoline for 14 years. The main constant side effect is headaches. It feels like an ice pick is stabbing me in my head for a couple of seconds and then it goes away just as quickly as it started. It only happens maybe a couple times a month. I also find I get tired more easily and sometimes need to rest during the day. in addition, my vision has worsened. I stopped the medicine for about a year now and I'm getting dizzy quite often lately and my vision is worse. I fear my tumor has grown and need to see my endocrinologist again. God bless all"

Malecka (taken for 10 years or more) April 3, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "The day after taking the medication I felt nausea and sinus pressure for few hours in the morning. I took the pill with dinner. My Prolactin levels were reduced."

BeBe65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I was put on this medication because my prolactin levels were 76 and they retested and they were 54 which was still high and I also have pcos....I have been on cabergoline for 2 weeks and has absolutely NO side effects!!! My cycles have been extremely irregular and I haven't had a period since December 2015 after being on cabergoline for a week my period came out of nowhere! It seems to be doing its job and hopefully it will help me in my journey of trying to conceive!"

Deejay389 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I've been taking it for about two weeks now because I have a prolactinoma and so far the side effects have been fatigue, extreme headache and my ears pop a lot as if I'm on an airplane, flu like symptoms stuff nose drowsy dizzy but it's not that bad. Also, really bad stomach pain so I usually take it before I sleep."

GinaFbaby December 23, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I'm using dostinex it works for me"

Pedra December 12, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I have a pituitary adenoma that causes high prolactin levels. The cabergoline gave me bad side effects first 2 weeks. Gradually got less severe. Prolactin levels became normal. Not sure if tumor is shrinking. But last MRI showed no growth."

Bonnie W November 14, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I was on Bromocripton for two years. The side effects were depression, weight gain, extreme nausea and extreme constipation. I've now been transferred to Dostinex and spent the last year without the side effects and it's been life changing!!! I'm so thankful for this opportunity to feel normal again!"

Shelli a (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "My son was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor in 2011, he was given this drug 2 times a week and in 6 weeks the tumor had shrunk over 50%. He continued to take this medication for the next 3 1/2 years under the care of his neurosurgeon. Last month he had to have open heart surgery at the age of 22 for a condition called constrictive paracarditis directly related to this drug. Please read the inserts of your medication. just because they are doctors and neurosurgeons doesn't mean they don't make mistakes."

ashley6923 October 7, 2015

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I have a macro non functioning pituitary adenoma which is causing compression of my pituirtary stalk "stalk effect" which causes increases in prolactin blood levels. My endo put me on this to reduce the 'stalk effect' I'm suffering from my macro adenoma. My crushing headaches have weakened, the lactating stopped and my period is back on schedule. However the side effects are extreme. They last about 5 days after taking my dose for the week. The nausea is unbearable, causing me to take a drug for that at $104/mth as I spent all day vomiting. I have what I describe as a feeling of being drunk and hungover all at once. I can't drive, but for two days a week. So tired, dizzy, weak, low blood pressure, flu like. I am hoping for surgery soon, but I live so remotely logistics make it difficult, as I'm 13 hours from the specialists. I rated a 5 as the headaches were horrid, but so are the side effects."

TinyOne76 August 14, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I just started .50mg of cabergoline friday to lower prolactin and tumor on my pituitary glad. Saturday I felt so groggy, body hurt like I had the flu, bloating and drugged. It's Sunday and I still feel weak with a upset stomach. I'm trying to be patient and work thru side Effects. Any advice to minimize side effects. Will be calling my endo in the morning"

neener150 June 28, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dostinex (cabergoline) for Hyperprolactinemia: "This drug reduced my prolactin levels really quick. I did not have a visible prolactinoma on my MRI but my doctor suspected it was really small. After 2 months my prolactin levels decreased from 2000 to 150. In the first month I felt a bit dizzy and wanted to sleep a lot more than usual (I had a few cat naps which is heaps out of character for me - I never usually sleep during the day) . This went away after about month and I generally feel fine taking Dostinex. I've been taking it for about 6 months now. I recommend you give it a go!"

queenoflove10101 May 31, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "Cabergoline has been effective in lowering my prolactin levels and shrinking my tumor. However, the side effects are rough. Dizziness, extremely tired, nearly constant nausea, which often leads to vomiting. Cabergoline is better than the other two medications I have tried though."

Guest 2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 27, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I have been diagnosed by micro prolactinoma (4x9 mm) about a month ago. My prolactin levels were around 150 ng/ml. I started using Cabergoline 0.25 mg twice a week. At the end of only one month, my prolactin levels dropped from 150 to 3 ng/ml. I have been told to use it for about 2 years to eventually shrink the tumor. The side effects were (especially in the first 2 weeks) nausea, extreme fatigue, and depression. I started on Zoloft for the depression and it worked pretty well."

Esyn (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "The only side effects I get are stuffy nose and headaches. Stuffy noses are supposedly an unusual side effect, but I get one every time I take cabergoline."

Lilly2015 February 2, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I've been taking cabergoline for about a month now and my first 2 weeks i had really bad headaches and stomach aches the next day. Now i just experience a very bloated stomach like twice a week which is annoying. I'm hoping that stops and i lose some of this weight gain because of this high prolactin."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2014

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "My prolaction levels are down now from 35000 to 330, my headache is going away day after day and also I have lost some weight. Also my sex drive is fabulous no joke from once every month before it into 40 times weekly. I feel normal again so I love it."

M A (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2014

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hyperprolactinemia: "This medicine has worked wonders for me, my prolaction levels are down, my periods back to normal and also I have lost 8lbs only been taking it for 6 weeks, also my sex drive is fabulous. I feel normal again I feel like myself. There is one downside, my nose is always blocked, but all the positives out way the negatives. 0.5 twice a week."

Louiset (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2014