User Reviews for Parlodel

Parlodel has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Hyperprolactinemia
6.5
Summary of Parlodel reviews 6.5 12 reviews

Reviews for Parlodel

bukky · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2013

For Hyperprolactinemia: “This medication has helped me with my battle with infertility. With it, I have had two successful pregnancies, though with minimal side effects. So much happy to become a parent after six years of infertility. It had also helped me with a benign tumor in my brain, and I think I'm a normal woman now. I was initially placed on half the tablet a day but later increased to 1 and 1/2 a day, with series of blood tests and MRI scans. It really helped and I'm still using it with routine checkups.”

DeeDee · Taken for 10 years or more February 26, 2020

For Hyperprolactinemia: “I have been on this medication for 30 years to control a prolactin secreting pituitary macroadenoma. I chose medication over surgery and today I take a maintenance dose of 2.5 mg twice a day. In the beginning I had severe headaches and nausea but the side effects stopped after a couple months. After two months of treatment my tumor had shrunk from 13 mm to undetectable on a CT scan. Parlodel can be a game changer for those that can tolerate it.”

narcia March 27, 2012

For Hyperprolactinemia: “After three months on Parlodel my doctor took me off. Experienced very little symptoms now and Prolactin levels are normal. My cycle returned to 28 days for the first time in years. Hopefully things will get better.”

Cedar City UT April 23, 2008

For Hyperprolactinemia: “I have been using 7.5 mg Parlodel for 4 months now and my menstrual cycle is back to normal. I will have blood tests done in June to see if my Prolactin levels have decreased but I am sure they have. I don't have any known side effects from it either.”

Anonymous January 25, 2012

For Hyperprolactinemia: “I have been taking this medication for 1 month and prolactin levels dropped from over 3000 to 1500, still high though and I only take 2.5mg a day. Side effects are bad, I can't work due to dizziness and fatigue. Doctor wants to stop this medication and start with another because I can't unfortunately cope with it.”

Grandma · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2021

“I started this drug in 1990 for a brain tumor/adenoma and had to stop because I threw it up. My OB/GYN doctor suggested I take it vaginally and I began mensing for the first time since puberty. I was 26 years old and had undergone the prerequisite micro-surgery and radiation therapy in my teens. I wanted to be fertile as my husband and I wanted to start a family. In January of 1991 my son was born, in January of 1993 my daughter was born. Now at the age of 57 I have realized I experience many of the manifestations this drug must be capable of causing. Early menopause stopped my child-bearing ability. Incontinence and muscle aches have plagued me for years now and I believe some of this could be a direct consequence from the treatment I followed that allowed me to be a grandma.”

Dolylo · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2015

For Hyperprolactinemia: “In 1993 I was put on this medication and told to take 4 tablets daily. 3 days later I had the worst headache of my life. The following day with the headache I couldn't stop throwing up. Called DR-said I had the flu take 1/2 a tablet 6 times a day. I got worse;called DR again, he told me to take 1/2 tablet 4 times a day. Continuing to get worse on the 7th day I crawled up the stairs and pounded on neighbor's door and said "please take me to the hospital, I am dying" The last thing I remember was getting in the car. 5 days later I woke up in the hospital, I was told I was lucky to be alive. When I looked in the mirror and my eyes were pure blood. I was told the pressure in my head burst all the blood vessels in my eyes.”

Anonymous January 23, 2011

For Hyperprolactinemia: “My menstrual cycle also returned after just one month on Parlodel, however the side effects of migraines, dizziness, shifts between drowsiness and over-alertness were problematic. When my vision became distorted, unfortunately, I had to stop the medication. ”

Mara November 13, 2019

For Hyperprolactinemia: “My fist day of parlodel, I started the side effects, my mouth was dry, itchy, vomiting, insomnia, blocked nose and back pain. I don't know if I should try one more day or just give up because I am still feeling sick.”

narcia February 10, 2012

For Hyperprolactinemia: “I have been taking Parlodel now for 2 months. At first dizzness and headaches then they passed. I have also noticed changes in my cycle it has become more normal 28 days from 35/40 days. I now notice my ankles and feet swelling now after 2 months on Parlodel..but what is funny about it occurs during my cycle.”

Elle B. M. · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2015

For Hyperprolactinemia: “I've been taking this medication for two weeks now. At first a half dose of the lowest dose of 2.5 mg. I've experienced side effects immediately. The most troublesome is the overall fatigue and extreme nausea. I just moved to a full dose of 2.5 mg last night. Today my nausea has increased horribly. Last night extreme and violent vomiting. I'm sick to my stomach, weak and some shortness of breath occurred last night and still remains. I noticed improvement in my symptoms in a few days and now they seem a bit escalated for my breast milk reduced and now seem I'm producing more than ever. I also experienced blurred vision this morning in my peripheral vision. Not a fan of this medication. #feeling horrible”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 26, 2021

“I was prescribed Parlodel on a few different occasions by my former gynecologist after being diagnosed with idiopathic galactorrhea. Parlodel never helped the condition, so it was worthless. I eventually stopped the medication completely. A few years later, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and an underactive thyroid can cause galactorrhea.”

yvette flo nyc February 4, 2010

For Hyperprolactinemia: “I've been using parlodel for many years to treat high prolactin levels and it has been a success! My levels dropped. I feel normal again.”

Anonymous March 15, 2011

For Hyperprolactinemia: “In just 1 year my Prolactonoma tumor has shrunk 2mm. I did experience nasal stuffiness for the 1st 6 months of taking this medication.”