User Reviews for Nuplazid

Parkinson's Disease Psychosis
5.2

DeeBee · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 16, 2018

For Parkinson's Disease Psychosis: “My husband began taking Nuplazid two years ago (when it first went on the market). Before that his night terrors/hallucinations were horrific and becoming dangerous to himself and me. He acted out dreams in which he believed he was in a war, that people were trying to kill him and his family, etc. Once on Nuplazid these extreme episodes ended. He now has much milder episodes--seeing family members in the room who aren't there, etc., but nothing that results in dangerous movements, aggressiveness, etc. Plus he comes out of the episodes much easier than before. Most of the side effects listed for Nuplazid were problems he already experienced before being on the drug; they have not worsened since.”

Ambi · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 28, 2020

For Parkinson's Disease Psychosis: “My husband had bad hallucinations and delusions. He would see people around him, in his bed, see water and insects all over. When he started taking Nuplazid one and half years ago, all symptoms subsided . He had no episodes of hallucinations or delusions. It was a miracle drug for him. I shared the experience with my care group. They asked their doctor about it and got the prescription. They also had positive effect.”

Kate March 22, 2019

For Parkinson's Disease Psychosis: “My 79-year old Mother has Parkinson’s & Lewy Body Dementia. She experiences a lot of hallucinations that totally control her life. We finally tried Nuplazid. She started taking it Tuesday. She has taken only 3 pills . We are having her taken off immediately. OMG – it had an immediate negative impact on her. Hallucinating even more. Became very paranoid. (She thought she was being arrested.) She was crying & severely depressed. Worst of all, her walking got even worse. She was hunched all the way over and could barely move. Very confused. We have 2 different cameras on her to make sure she if okay the cameras have been a lifesaver. She became so weak she couldn’t get herself in bed. Her legs were just hanging off the bed. We were able to call her assisted living to have them help her. I’ve never seen a drug have a negative impact and so quickly. Waiting for the drug to leave her system. It has a 57 hour half-life – so we are hoping it’s out of system in 5 days.”

Paul · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 4, 2018

“My 12 year old son takes Nuplazid off-label. He started the drug just over a year ago. He is autistic and bipolar with psychosis. Three years ago my son went into bipolar depression with psychosis. He could barely communicate with the real world. After almost two years of trying many other drugs including Zyprexa, Serequel, Rexulti and many others, we tried Nuplazid. This drug brought us our son back. His psychosis symptoms are gone and is back to his old self. He still has autistic symptoms, but the severe bipolar systems are gone. He has not shown any side effects to this drug, unlike the other drugs that he tried in the past which mostly had horrible short and long term side effects.”

dave March 19, 2019

For Parkinson's Disease Psychosis: “Took Nuplazid for Parkinson's disease and dementia. It is terrible I'm having hallucinations, trouble eating food, trouble swallowing, had a blood clot in lung . I became confused and talking gibberish. I tried wrapping canvas belt around an armchair? Who know why, my wife tried to get me to stop after 30 min. I became so confused.”

DB · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 19, 2021

For Parkinson's Disease Psychosis: “My husband was having the kinds of nightmare hallucinations that another person described--being in a war; people trying to attack his family. He was admitted to a psychiatric unit at exactly the point in time that Nuplazid came on the market, so the hospital had time to see if it would help him. It has been the same kind of miracle drug described before--didn't stop hallucinations altogether, decreased their frequency and altered the kind of hallucinations so that he was seeing family in the room and couldn't understand why they wouldn't answer him when he spoke to them. He is in a nursing home and is still having those types of hallucinations, but is aware that they are hallucinations once he comes out of them. He was recently put on provigil; I'm concerned that his hallucinations seem to have increased in length and become more intense in how real they seem.”

Jenna June 24, 2020

For Parkinson's Disease Psychosis: “My brother tried this Nuplazid for his Parkinson's. Hallucinations increased resulting in major event that included police intervention. Removed the patch. He returned to his "normal" Beware!!!”