User Reviews for Bromocriptine

5.9

Summary of Bromocriptine reviews 6.3 21 reviews

Reviews for Bromocriptine

winnie · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I started to use bromocriptine on 13 May 2019 which was for hyperprolactinemia. Prescribed by doctor half for a tablet, before bedtime. Next day, I had fever and nasal blockage. I stopped than until fever had gone off. Experience fatigue, and occasional fever before bedtime. A little bit of constipation. Going to move to full tablet by week 4 of May 2019."

Womzylala March 13, 2019

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I started lactating recently, due to high blood pressure meds I was taking causing hyperprolactinemia. I was asked to do a prolactin level test and it was 26.5, which is just a little higher than the normal range which 25. Before bromo, My cycle has been abnormal I must say, because it fluctuates between 21 and 24 days. It was too short. Because of the way implantation works, I was finding it difficult to get pregnant. Within the first 3 weeks of bromocriptine, the breast milk stopped but I was asked to continue. I am so happy my cycle has been 25 days for 2 months straight. I only had side effects like passing out instantly but I was told to take the drug just before bedtime, so I did not really feel it. I will recommend this drug for anybody."

Zou · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2018

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I been taking bromocriptine for the past 3 months for hyperprolactinemia I will recommended any person suffer with pituitary adenoma, because I have a good result in the first month. Prolactin level when down, breast milk stop discharged and I am feeling much better in the night without headache anymore. Better take before 6.30pm."

Rach101x · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2017

For Hyperprolactinemia: "Just started Bromocriptine 2.5 mg. Took the pill around 9:30pm and was OK for an hour or so (mild cramping), went to sleep and woke up around 4a.m I could not see my vision was completely distorted, the room was spinning, my legs and my arms felt like jello and I swore I could smell and taste the pill. Scariest experience ever. Next day still have pounding head ache and dizziness. Do not recommend this medication. Had better luck with the Cabergoline (although health coverage doesn't cover it - you bet I'll be paying the monthly fee for no side effects)."

Teena30 · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2017

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I have been using this product for the past 3 weeks and I have little side effects because I use only 1 tablets per day as instructed by my doctor. I am using this for my high prolactin level and I must say I'm seeing a huge difference. My breast is no longer firm and milk is no longer thick and sticky. Its actually coming out like clear liquid n resemble water. Hopefully my level should be back to normal. I am yet to do another test to see the desired results. At the moment its 60 so within another month of use I should be able to be cured and become pregnant."

mjbaz2002 · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 17, 2017

For Parkinson's Disease: "I have had good luck with this. I take bromo in combination with carbo/levo. My experience is this drug helps to smooth things out so you don't have so many peaks and valley's in your on/off cycle."

Tasha f · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 18, 2016

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I am currently suffering with hearing loss from bromocriprine and I am looking others who may be dealing with the same issue .. Please let me know if your hearing loss was due to the side effects of the medicine and what course of treatment was given"

ksh1963 May 10, 2016

For Hyperprolactinemia: "This drug should be pulled and not used I took this as prescribed to dry up breast milk and by the second day I could feel my brain throbbing after fighting all day to try to make my head not explode I call my dr was told to get to the ER asap the next thing I can remember was my husband asking if that was me laying there ( all the blood vessels had broke in my face and eyes ) then I woke up 3 weeks later and have a 3 week old baby that didn't know me and I didn't know him that was in 1992 and have had blood pressure problem every since I can't believe thes medicine is still on the market please beware of what this drug can do"

Carrot top · Taken for 10 years or more April 15, 2016

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I took bromocriptine for 25 years had many side effects did not know they were related to medication until I read thus unformation"

Dolylo · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2015

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "In 1993 I was put on this medication and told to take 4 tablets daily. 3 days later I had the worst headache of my life. The following day with the headache I couldn't stop throwing up. Called DR-said I had the flu take 1/2 a tablet 6 times a day. I got worse;called DR again, he told me to take 1/2 tablet 4 times a day. Continuing to get worse on the 7th day I crawled up the stairs and pounded on neighbor's door and said "please take me to the hospital, I am dying" The last thing I remember was getting in the car. 5 days later I woke up in the hospital, I was told I was lucky to be alive. When I looked in the mirror and my eyes were pure blood. I was told the pressure in my head burst all the blood vessels in my eyes."

Elle B. M. · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2015

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I've been taking this medication for two weeks now. At first a half dose of the lowest dose of 2.5 mg. I've experienced side effects immediately. The most troublesome is the overall fatigue and extreme nausea. I just moved to a full dose of 2.5 mg last night. Today my nausea has increased horribly. Last night extreme and violent vomiting. I'm sick to my stomach, weak and some shortness of breath occurred last night and still remains. I noticed improvement in my symptoms in a few days and now they seem a bit escalated for my breast milk reduced and now seem I'm producing more than ever. I also experienced blurred vision this morning in my peripheral vision. Not a fan of this medication. #feeling horrible"

trained2servejc October 14, 2013

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I was prescribed Bromocriptine, as it seems to be the only available medication for treatment of high prolactin levels caused by my pituitary brain tumor. Unfortunately within a couple of weeks I was unable to stay awake for any length of time, even at the lowest dose possible. Although my prolactin levels did come down briefly and I had one menstrual period after 6 weeks, I had to stop taking the medication because of the Severe Chronic Fatigue caused by the bromocriptine. I have since tried it 3 times in the past 5 years out of desperation and have had the same result each time. I simply can't function within 2 weeks of starting the medication. I'm desperate to have a semblance of my life back and available medications are limited at best!"

bukky · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2013

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "This medication has helped me with my battle with infertility. With it, I have had two successful pregnancies, though with minimal side effects. So much happy to become a parent after six years of infertility. It had also helped me with a benign tumor in my brain, and I think I'm a normal woman now. I was initially placed on half the tablet a day but later increased to 1 and 1/2 a day, with series of blood tests and MRI scans. It really helped and I'm still using it with routine checkups."

T17 · Taken for 10 years or more January 12, 2013

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I've been taking bromocriptine since I was 18 I'm now 38. It has successfully reduced the size of my tumor and lowered my prolactin levels to a normal range. Any attempt to reduce or stop taking it causes the tumor to increase in size and as a result my prolactin rises. I have Raynauds and yes I would agree bromocriptine does make it slightly worse but it's manageable. I've had nausea but only if I've taken my dose on an empty stomach which I've learned to avoid. Overall I'm happy with this medication and have no issues taking it daily and experience only a few of the side effects none of which would make me stop taking it."

narcia March 27, 2012

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "After three months on Parlodel my doctor took me off. Experienced very little symptoms now and Prolactin levels are normal. My cycle returned to 28 days for the first time in years. Hopefully things will get better."

narcia February 10, 2012

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I have been taking Parlodel now for 2 months. At first dizzness and headaches then they passed. I have also noticed changes in my cycle it has become more normal 28 days from 35/40 days. I now notice my ankles and feet swelling now after 2 months on Parlodel..but what is funny about it occurs during my cycle."

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I have been taking this medication for 1 month and prolactin levels dropped from over 3000 to 1500, still high though and I only take 2.5mg a day. Side effects are bad, I can't work due to dizziness and fatigue. Doctor wants to stop this medication and start with another because I can't unfortunately cope with it."

Anonymous March 15, 2011

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "In just 1 year my Prolactonoma tumor has shrunk 2mm. I did experience nasal stuffiness for the 1st 6 months of taking this medication."

Anonymous January 23, 2011

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "My menstrual cycle also returned after just one month on Parlodel, however the side effects of migraines, dizziness, shifts between drowsiness and over-alertness were problematic. When my vision became distorted, unfortunately, I had to stop the medication. "

yvette flo nyc February 4, 2010

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I've been using parlodel for many years to treat high prolactin levels and it has been a success! My levels dropped. I feel normal again."

Cedar City UT April 23, 2008

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I have been using 7.5 mg Parlodel for 4 months now and my menstrual cycle is back to normal. I will have blood tests done in June to see if my Prolactin levels have decreased but I am sure they have. I don't have any known side effects from it either."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)