User Reviews for Bromocriptine

Also known as: Cycloset, Parlodel

Learn more about Bromocriptine.

Hyperprolactinemia 15 reviews 3 medications

Summary of Bromocriptine reviews 15 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Bromocriptine

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I am currently suffering with hearing loss from bromocriprine and I am looking others who may be dealing with the same issue .. Please let me know if your hearing loss was due to the side effects of the medicine and what course of treatment was given"

Tasha f (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2016

For Hyperprolactinemia: "This drug should be pulled and not used I took this as prescribed to dry up breast milk and by the second day I could feel my brain throbbing after fighting all day to try to make my head not explode I call my dr was told to get to the ER asap the next thing I can remember was my husband asking if that was me laying there ( all the blood vessels had broke in my face and eyes ) then I woke up 3 weeks later and have a 3 week old baby that didn't know me and I didn't know him that was in 1992 and have had blood pressure problem every since I can't believe thes medicine is still on the market please beware of what this drug can do"

ksh1963 May 10, 2016

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I took bromocriptine for 25 years had many side effects did not know they were related to medication until I read thus unformation"

Carrot top (taken for 10 years or more) April 15, 2016

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "In 1993 I was put on this medication and told to take 4 tablets daily. 3 days later I had the worst headache of my life. The following day with the headache I couldn't stop throwing up. Called DR-said I had the flu take 1/2 a tablet 6 times a day. I got worse;called DR again, he told me to take 1/2 tablet 4 times a day. Continuing to get worse on the 7th day I crawled up the stairs and pounded on neighbor's door and said "please take me to the hospital, I am dying" The last thing I remember was getting in the car. 5 days later I woke up in the hospital, I was told I was lucky to be alive. When I looked in the mirror and my eyes were pure blood. I was told the pressure in my head burst all the blood vessels in my eyes."

Dolylo (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2015

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I've been taking this medication for two weeks now. At first a half dose of the lowest dose of 2.5 mg. I've experienced side effects immediately. The most troublesome is the overall fatigue and extreme nausea. I just moved to a full dose of 2.5 mg last night. Today my nausea has increased horribly. Last night extreme and violent vomiting. I'm sick to my stomach, weak and some shortness of breath occurred last night and still remains. I noticed improvement in my symptoms in a few days and now they seem a bit escalated for my breast milk reduced and now seem I'm producing more than ever. I also experienced blurred vision this morning in my peripheral vision. Not a fan of this medication. #feeling horrible"

Elle B. M. (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2015

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I was prescribed Bromocriptine, as it seems to be the only available medication for treatment of high prolactin levels caused by my pituitary brain tumor. Unfortunately within a couple of weeks I was unable to stay awake for any length of time, even at the lowest dose possible. Although my prolactin levels did come down briefly and I had one menstrual period after 6 weeks, I had to stop taking the medication because of the Severe Chronic Fatigue caused by the bromocriptine. I have since tried it 3 times in the past 5 years out of desperation and have had the same result each time. I simply can't function within 2 weeks of starting the medication. I'm desperate to have a semblance of my life back and available medications are limited at best!"

trained2servejc October 14, 2013

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "This medication has helped me with my battle with infertility. With it, I have had two successful pregnancies, though with minimal side effects. So much happy to become a parent after six years of infertility. It had also helped me with a benign tumor in my brain, and I think I'm a normal woman now. I was initially placed on half the tablet a day but later increased to 1 and 1/2 a day, with series of blood tests and MRI scans. It really helped and I'm still using it with routine checkups."

bukky (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2013

For Hyperprolactinemia: "I've been taking bromocriptine since I was 18 I'm now 38. It has successfully reduced the size of my tumor and lowered my prolactin levels to a normal range. Any attempt to reduce or stop taking it causes the tumor to increase in size and as a result my prolactin rises. I have Raynauds and yes I would agree bromocriptine does make it slightly worse but it's manageable. I've had nausea but only if I've taken my dose on an empty stomach which I've learned to avoid. Overall I'm happy with this medication and have no issues taking it daily and experience only a few of the side effects none of which would make me stop taking it."

T17 (taken for 10 years or more) January 12, 2013

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "After three months on Parlodel my doctor took me off. Experienced very little symptoms now and Prolactin levels are normal. My cycle returned to 28 days for the first time in years. Hopefully things will get better."

narcia March 27, 2012

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I have been taking Parlodel now for 2 months. At first dizzness and headaches then they passed. I have also noticed changes in my cycle it has become more normal 28 days from 35/40 days. I now notice my ankles and feet swelling now after 2 months on Parlodel..but what is funny about it occurs during my cycle."

narcia February 10, 2012

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I have been taking this medication for 1 month and prolactin levels dropped from over 3000 to 1500, still high though and I only take 2.5mg a day. Side effects are bad, I can't work due to dizziness and fatigue. Doctor wants to stop this medication and start with another because I can't unfortunately cope with it."

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "In just 1 year my Prolactonoma tumor has shrunk 2mm. I did experience nasal stuffiness for the 1st 6 months of taking this medication."

Anonymous March 15, 2011

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "My menstrual cycle also returned after just one month on Parlodel, however the side effects of migraines, dizziness, shifts between drowsiness and over-alertness were problematic. When my vision became distorted, unfortunately, I had to stop the medication. "

Anonymous January 23, 2011

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I've been using parlodel for many years to treat high prolactin levels and it has been a success! My levels dropped. I feel normal again."

yvette flo nyc February 4, 2010

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: "I have been using 7.5 mg Parlodel for 4 months now and my menstrual cycle is back to normal. I will have blood tests done in June to see if my Prolactin levels have decreased but I am sure they have. I don't have any known side effects from it either."

Cedar City UT April 23, 2008