User Reviews for Bupropion / naltrexone to treat Weight Loss

Also known as: Contrave

Bupropion/naltrexone Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Bupropion/naltrexone

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "It has been almost 5 months . At first I was sick with headache and cotton mouth. I did not have a stamach ache unless I ate too much. Started at 184lb now 171lb I still eat and crave sugar which has been my downfall but meals are down for sure . Still have the headaches that can be brutal and memory fog , this I know is meds and one of the side effects listed. I found the 2 pills in am and 2 pills pm was too much so to alleviate side effects I take one at around 7 am - another around 10 am and one in evening about 6 . Helps a lot I get weird dreams but doesn’t bother me actually curious on what it will be next. I don’t think this is a good long term drug. If you go off it I think the weight will creep back and my insurance has paid for first 6 months then must be approved again - so expensive!! Good luck everyone"

My journey (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Week 3 heart racing, dry mouth, nervous. I decided to stop the meds."

AJ February 14, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "DANGEROUS!!! ENDED UP IN EMERGENCY ON THE THIRD WEEK THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A STROKE!!! Although I do have to say I was less hungry.. "

J (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I've been on Contrave for 6 weeks and I'm down 17 pounds. The only side effect I'm still having is constipation. If you are looking for a medication to reduce "cravings" I highly recommend Contrave. You still have to put the work in. I'm a yogi so I still do my daily yoga practice, but I've also cut my calories down to 1200 a day and I'm able to stay within that range without being hungry - I attribute that to the Contrave because without the Contrave there's no way I would be able to just handle 1200 calories. I've tried it to eat this amount before and it never worked for me, but the Contrave is keeping me within my calories range. I love hearing success stories, so please do share."

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "CONTRAVE IS A MIRACLE! I am 18 years old and not obese nor have I ever been. I have always been overweight due to my PCOS and despite everything I’ve tried, always got stuck at about 190 (I’m 5’7). In December I decided I want to join the Air Force. In order to be accepted, I need to meet the weight requirement which for my height is between 121 and 159 pounds. My gynecologist prescribed contrave to hopefully help me reach my standard. I have just finished my first bottle of contrave and I am weighing in at 173lbs. I have till August of this year to reach my goal and with the help of contrave, I am confident that I will pass with flying colors!"

AFgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I just started Contrave on Friday 1/11. Still doing the one a day in the morning. So far I've lost 3 pounds. Slight nausea and headache. My appetite has decreased and nothing sounds good to eat. I am optimistic about this and looking forward to seeing where it goes."

jessmessin (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I was rushed to the emergency room after taking Contrave. I experienced heart palpitations, anxiousness, nervousness, mild stomach cramps, and nausea I was so sick I had to crawl to the door to have a neighbor take me to the hospital. This was not for me and hope that others don’t experience this reaction. I have never been this ill. I was administered medicine for nausea and given a shot that made me sleep drowsy."

BB (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I have been taking Contrave for 4 weeks and have lost 7 lbs. It has taken my cravings away. I take 2 pills at 6 am and I am not hungry until noon and when I do eat I eat 1/2 of what I use to eat because I feel so full. I eat healthy snacks but rarely want a snack. I eat a light dinner and take the other 2 pills at 6 pm. I cut out soda. I am drinking 80 oz of water daily. I do cardio 3 days a week and I walk a lot daily with my job. The only side effect I had as the first 2 weeks and I had insomnia. I had no other side effects."

Jean (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I am in the emergency room right now from taking this medicine. I had a reaction to it. I am experienced naseau, stomach ache, jittters, feeling of anxiousness. I regurgitated and my hands were shaking. Think twice before taking."

Demi (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I started using contrave June of 2018. My starting weight was 204lb, now my current weight is 177lb. I exercise 5 or 6 days a week, and drink 70 + ounces of water a day. The first 6 months I experienced a few headaches, weird dreams and the bitter taste from the pills and ringing of the ears. It feels great being 25 pounds lighter and I got another 25 to go."

Sweetie January 9, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I took this medication for 3 weeks following directions. After a few days, I started to feel dryness in my mouth which followed by constant strong bitter taste. I decided to stick to it, but by the end of week three late at night I suddenly started to feel a sharp pain in my lower back which quickly started to spread out up my body. I felt a sharp pain in my chest & back, tightness in my chest and shortness of breath, even my teeth heart & felt numb. I took some homeopathic drops that are used for heart ailments treatments and in a while started to feel better. I asked my husband to check heart attack symptoms on the internet & I had 7 out of 10 symptoms. I stopped taking this medication & reported what happened to the manufacturer. I paid $100 for medication that almost killed me. When I asked a manufacturer to reimburse me they refused."

Dina (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Been on Contrave 2 1/2 months. Weeks 1-7 I saw no results and began doubting if it was going to work. By week 8 I began noticing my clothing fitting loose. I am currently on week 10 and weight loss is visibly noticeable. I highly recommend this product. Do not get discouraged everyone is different and will work differently on everyone. But it will work!"

Brit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "First off Merry Christmas to all! I'm on day 5 and have no side effects. I do notice my sweet Cravings are no longer there. I was a little nervous taking it because of the Black Box label it's all the warnings. I've taken Wellbutrin before years ago to quit smoking I never had any side effects so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm down a lb. I wish everybody luck with your journey."

Storm (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Contrave has been a miracle for me. I have had no side effects. I have lost 64lbs in 8 months and feel fabulous. I hope to lose 50-60 more. For the 1st time in my life I am easily saying no to foods that I know are bad for me, eating healthy and exercising. I am 56 and this drug has been life saving for me. It works on your brain so you can work on your body."

Happy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Terrible experience."

Der (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "The first 3 weeks were awful. Headaches and nasuea we're almost unbearable. Once the full dose was reached, the side effects we're minimal. The first month I was down 12 pounds. I ran out of the contrave. It would be 5 days before I could get my prescription refilled. The pharmacist said I should be able to pick back up. Well that did not happen. The withdrawals from the contrave landed me in the doctor's office. It not only affected me physically, nausea and horrible headaches, but mentally and emotionally I was a basket case. I have been off contrave for 8 days and gained the weight back, the headaches and nausea are still hanging on. Mentally and emotionally I am starting to feel like a human again. As much as I'd love to lose the weight, Contrave is not for me."

Danielle (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Contrave has been a godsend for me! My starting weight was 235lb on 9/4/18. It is 12/9/18 and I have lost 28 lbs! I have experienced ZERO side effects. In addition to using Contrave I have been exercising 3-4 times per week, eating an Atkins bar once a day as a meal replacement & eating smaller meals in general. I did roll the dice last night & had my first glass of wine (ok, 2 glasses). I love wine & have stopped since taking Contrave. I awoke at midnight feeling nauseated and vomited several times. Needless to say, no more wine while on Contrave. I am so happy with the results and the lifestyle changes I have made."

Burger lover (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Worked well for 1.5 months. Lost 10 pounds. Got it refilled 2 more times and it does nothing. I’ve gained back 5 pounds even while taking it. If you buy it only get a months supply. After that your mind adjusts and it’s useless at that point."

GG (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I am on my 5th day of contrave, and the dizziness/nausea has just started along with weird rashes on my hands. I am hoping that I can bare through this, after reading all other posts it seems to be a normal thing and can go away after time. I found that drinking plenty of water and taking gravol can help keep it minimal so I can at least still go to work. Haven't lost any weight yet, just feeling awful. Female: 34yrs 5'3 240lbs - Nov 2018"

Kay (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I have been taking Contrave for a month now. It has not helped much with the over eating, and binging. I have had more days with headache then usual. I am going to continue to take the medication and hope for better results in the up coming month."

Abby (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I asked for contrave to help me lose some unwanted pounds. Nearing 50 I thought if I don’t lose the weight now I never will. I took it for 2 weeks. When it was about time to increase my dosage to 3 times a day I started feeling off. Best way to describe it is hopeless. I have never had problems with depression and started having dark thoughts. I stopped contrave immediately and called my doctor. Almost 24 hours later I was back to my normal happy self. I will never, ever try a weight loss drug again. Please before considering contrave as an alternative way to lose weight read all of the literature and be aware of the possible side effects. I did not realize how negatively it effected me until I came off of the drug."

Kathy (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I've been on Contrave for a week now. I have had NO side effects. I have increased to the full dose of two in the morning and two in the evening. Still no symptoms. Also, see no reduction in desire to eat or control cravings. Will continue to take for two months in hopes that it just takes time to work."

Tutu (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I could not make it past the second day. I had horrible headaches, I could barely get out of bed. They should have some type of refund for people who can't get past the first week, due to the side effects. I wasted so much money on this."

SMH (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Just started week 2 with 2 pills/day. I haven’t started a structured eating or exercise plan yet but definitely feeling more energetic. I even wake up “happier” in the morning for lack of a better term. I’m excited to continue and see what it will help me accomplish. Side effects...mild constipation but I try to drink 100 oz of water/day. Female, 5’10”, 300 lbs. Good luck! "

JenCor (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I was hopeful this would help kickstart weight loss. I followed the directed usage by increasing one pill a week. I was nauseated, fuzzy/foggy, had frequent headaches, jittery, and insomnia from the start. By the time I got to two pills in the morning and two at night I was holding a trash can all morning because I thought I was going to vomit. I wasn’t losing weight and it didn’t seem to decrease my appetite. My symptoms just increased with the dosage. I hope it helps others, but I could not continue like this."

Flora (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018