User Reviews for Bupropion / naltrexone systemic

Also known as: Contrave

Bupropion/naltrexone Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Bupropion/naltrexone to treat Weight Loss

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Contrave has been a godsend for me! My starting weight was 235lb on 9/4/18. It is 12/9/18 and I have lost 28 lbs! I have experienced ZERO side effects. In addition to using Contrave I have been exercising 3-4 times per week, eating an Atkins bar once a day as a meal replacement & eating smaller meals in general. I did roll the dice last night & had my first glass of wine (ok, 2 glasses). I love wine & have stopped since taking Contrave. I awoke at midnight feeling nauseated and vomited several times. Needless to say, no more wine while on Contrave. I am so happy with the results and the lifestyle changes I have made."

Burger lover (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Worked well for 1.5 months. Lost 10 pounds. Got it refilled 2 more times and it does nothing. I’ve gained back 5 pounds even while taking it. If you buy it only get a months supply. After that your mind adjusts and it’s useless at that point."

GG (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I am on my 5th day of contrave, and the dizziness/nausea has just started along with weird rashes on my hands. I am hoping that I can bare through this, after reading all other posts it seems to be a normal thing and can go away after time. I found that drinking plenty of water and taking gravol can help keep it minimal so I can at least still go to work. Haven't lost any weight yet, just feeling awful. Female: 34yrs 5'3 240lbs - Nov 2018"

Kay (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I have been taking Contrave for a month now. It has not helped much with the over eating, and binging. I have had more days with headache then usual. I am going to continue to take the medication and hope for better results in the up coming month."

Abby (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I asked for contrave to help me lose some unwanted pounds. Nearing 50 I thought if I don’t lose the weight now I never will. I took it for 2 weeks. When it was about time to increase my dosage to 3 times a day I started feeling off. Best way to describe it is hopeless. I have never had problems with depression and started having dark thoughts. I stopped contrave immediately and called my doctor. Almost 24 hours later I was back to my normal happy self. I will never, ever try a weight loss drug again. Please before considering contrave as an alternative way to lose weight read all of the literature and be aware of the possible side effects. I did not realize how negatively it effected me until I came off of the drug."

Kathy (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I've been on Contrave for a week now. I have had NO side effects. I have increased to the full dose of two in the morning and two in the evening. Still no symptoms. Also, see no reduction in desire to eat or control cravings. Will continue to take for two months in hopes that it just takes time to work."

Tutu (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I could not make it past the second day. I had horrible headaches, I could barely get out of bed. They should have some type of refund for people who can't get past the first week, due to the side effects. I wasted so much money on this."

SMH (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Just started week 2 with 2 pills/day. I haven’t started a structured eating or exercise plan yet but definitely feeling more energetic. I even wake up “happier” in the morning for lack of a better term. I’m excited to continue and see what it will help me accomplish. Side effects...mild constipation but I try to drink 100 oz of water/day. Female, 5’10”, 300 lbs. Good luck! "

JenCor (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I was hopeful this would help kickstart weight loss. I followed the directed usage by increasing one pill a week. I was nauseated, fuzzy/foggy, had frequent headaches, jittery, and insomnia from the start. By the time I got to two pills in the morning and two at night I was holding a trash can all morning because I thought I was going to vomit. I wasn’t losing weight and it didn’t seem to decrease my appetite. My symptoms just increased with the dosage. I hope it helps others, but I could not continue like this."

Flora (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I have not been on this medicine long. This is the 4th day. First off this "tablet" is ginormous so if you hate taking pills like I do, this was a huge turn off. Second, they are not kidding about the nausea you will have when taking it. All 4 days I have felt like garbage, but especially the 3rd day. I see a lot of people stopped on their 3rd day in the reviews so I guess it's just worse on those days. However, I AM eating less but I think it's cause I'm too nausea to do anything."

Chatt37421 (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I started Contrave in March of 2017 at a weight of 222 lbs. Weekly I went to therapy, an eating disorder group, and a pre diabetic class. I checked in with my dr monthly. By November 2017 I was at 182lb. In early October I had gotten injured and my attitude rapidly declined because I wasn't able to work. By March of 2018 I was up to 206lb. I got back on Contrave April 2018 to help aide the leg pain and maybe some of the back pain and stepped back to the full dosage. It is mid-October 2018. I am successfully down to 182 lbs again. Being on Contrave for 7 months in 2017 and now 6 months, I can say most of my chronic Meralgia paresthetica pain is gone. My side effects for the first round were nausea and headaches for 3 months. I also noticed constipation and ear ringing. This round the ear ringing is still there and I did binge for a bit at first but I figured it took some adjusting to get my body back into the swing of things."

Bex October 22, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I've been on Contrave now for 3 1/2 months and have lost 20 pounds. I'm so pleased. Get great compliments from people which boost me up to keep going. Some side effects but the outcome is worth it. I've had thyroid issues for about 6 years and found it very hard to lose a pound. Glad my doctor prescribed this for me. Due to arthritis in my knees and most of my joints, I really do find it hard to excercise. The biggest problem is not the drug but the cost. I really think that all insurance companies should add this drug to their policy or government should help in some way."

Millie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I took one pill only. I couldn’t function for two and a half days. I had a stabbing headache from it. Felt so nauseous I couldn’t move. Was terrible. Was a big expense for me as I’m retired and on my own. I wish I could get my money back. $230 for the bottle. One pill taken. "

Bobbie (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I have been on this medicine 10 days now. I wasn’t consider overweight by medical standards just uncomfortable by my own. I had been steadily gaining weight from emotional/ bored eating and drinking. The first day I did have a mild burning stomachache and headache by day 3 completely gone. I have lost 4.5 lbs in 10 days. I will see how it continues but cut away my feeling for needless snacking and drinking alcohol cut down to where I have only been drinking two days( I was drinking 5 days a week) and the two occasions were for a wedding and the most recent hurricane (people in FL have hurricane parties)"

LJH October 14, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I am 62 and 5’2” tall. I weighted 165 when I started contrave two weeks ago taking one in the morning only. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to sleep. After reading some of the reviews I will try the afternoon pill. I have restless leg syndrome and getting worse as I age. For some reason this medication has completely stopped my symptoms. I am sleeping better but dreaming strange dreams. I have had a little bit of constipation but eat plain nonfat yogurt with fiber one cereal in it for breakfast. Drinking plenty of water helps too. I seem to have a little bit of brain fog and can’t remember what I went in a room for. I haven’t lost any weight yet but feel more motivated and even resist snacks more often. I hope when I start taking two a day it will increase my weight loss without increasing side effects."

Graggy56 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

"Today starts week 7 of taking Contrave. I have lost weight definitely! My clothes are looser! I haven’t had a chance to weigh myself (I don’t have a scale) but for the first time in forever I finally feel like I’m winning this battle! I have PCOS and diabetes which makes it almost impossible to lose weight even though I’m very active and eat healthy! I can’t believe that finally I don’t feel hungry constantly! I have to make myself eat!! For the first 4 or 5 weeks I struggled with constipation and a foggy, spacey feeling. Those side effects seem to have went away, but I’m still struggling with the excessive sweating making me feel so gross. I’m going to talk to my doctor and see about getting a medication to get rid of the excessive sweating since I’m seeing big benefits in my appetite control/weight loss. Has anybody else had excessive sweating that got better with time?"

Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I was on contrave for 2 weeks, First week I felt nausea's, light headache, constipation so bad it felt like I was having a child through my butt. The 2nd week no side effects. I did not loose one ounce, discontinued contrave now, switching to qsymia."

rcl (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Was scared 2 try because of side effects but I'm more scared of dying and leaving my family because of my obesity. I'm 41 ,5'5 and starting weight at 210.9lb. Currently I do no activity, eat garbage, depressed. I've been on contrave 7 days today. Lost 5 pounds. Have a little headache, constipated today. But 4 the 1st time in a long time I have a little hope. I can see a lil light in the dark now."

Kim (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I used contrave for 3 months and lost 35/40lbs. Taking them helped motivate me to exercise. I've been off a couple months and gained a few lbs back but that's because I don't exercise as much. I did get headaches at 1st but the weight was coming off so I dealt with it. I gave it a 9 due to that. The headaches did get better around when I started the 3rd month."

Rick (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I have been on this medication for 3 months, so far I have lost 35 lbs. I have struggled with PCOS and obesity for years. Even with eating right and exercising I would have trouble losing any weight and give up. I am currently keeping my calories under 1900, and eating low carb. To be honest some days I don't have an appetite at all and force myself to eat some proteins, so shakes have been my savior. I was already on wellbutrin prior to this medication, but I can say side effect wise I do struggle with sweating. To be honest I can handle the sweating as long as my weight is going down! I don't plan on being on this medication for a long time but it is the jumpstart I needed!"

Dani (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I was so excited to try this medication. I have used other prescription weight loss medications without much success. Unfortunately, on the second day and low dose (as you work up to a higher dose) my skin turned red, crusty with itchy hives. This itchy rash was all over my face, arms and torso. So uncomfortable and embarrassing. It was so bad I ran to my doctor who gave me lots of steroids and antibiotics. As you know, steroids make you hungry and gain weight. After about 4 weeks when my skin finally was back to normal, I tried the low dose again, just to see if it was possibly something else I was allergic to, but no. I had the same skin symptoms again. I rated the medication a 5 because I don't know how it works due to my unusual allergic reaction. I am so sad that I will never know if it works. I hope others will have better results."

Side effects not good for me (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Just started the medication yesterday so far so good the only side effect is a mild diarrhea wish me luck"

Isa (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I started taking a half in the morning and half at night for the first week. I noticed slow urination, gas, bloating and dry mouth. I continued to second week with 1 in morning and 1 at night. The bloating and constant rumbling in my stomach continued. I also started with some pain and just not feeling well. I decided to stop the medication. I wasn’t willing to continue with these symptoms."

Terry (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "I am 5'4 age 60 and weighed 174lb. I am now on my second week and weigh 167lb, I don't exercise like I should be. I had headaches when I started the first few days and when I went into my second week. I only have 17 more pounds to loose and thats it for me. My doctor only put me on this for the 120 pills, which is probably 4-6 weeks. This might not be for everyone, and I'm glad I haven't had problems as some of the others. This helps with the cravings and over eating."

CC (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone): "Contrave changed my life. I even quit smoking. Contrave made my life dream real. I was 157 lbs when I started to take contrave. Now before finishing the second bottle I am 130 lbs and I want to lose 5 more lbs. I found out if we have a motivation to lose weight then Contrave will help you a lot. Losing weight is not a battle anymore. Don’t eat much is you take contrave. You won’t like the result."

Sara (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...