User Reviews for Bupivacaine liposome (Page 2)

Also known as: Exparel

Pain
6.1

Reviews for Bupivacaine liposome

GM Estes · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2018

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “I had a hip labral tear repaired and resurfacing of my femur. I waited for the pain to show up after surgery and it never did. I did not have to take a single pain pill which was especially helpful since I have mast cell disease and narcotics can cause serious allergic reactions. This medication is amazing.”

mdb1968 · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2019

For Pain: “I just had ankle surgery: to remove bone spurs and fix tears in my Achilles tendon. My surgery was on Wednesday and now it is Monday and I'm still feeling some of the effects of the Exparel block. Granted, I had a total of 3 different nerve block sites. Wonderful medicine. All I'm having to take is Tylenol. I highly recommend the nerve block medicine.”

Random May 22, 2018

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “Exparel is INCREDIBLE. I have chronic pain that cannot be cured. If I have an injection of Exparel, I feel fantastic for days. Regular bupivicaine lasts only 12 hours - I am on day 2 of Exparel now and my pain is 1 out of 10. It is usually a 6! Loving this right now, but worried how bad I will feel when it wears off.”

C. C. · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2017

For Pain: “I had a Reverse Shoulder Replacement, August 23, 2017. I was given a Nerve Block as well as an injection of Exparel. It made recovery so much easier! The Nerve Block didn't wear off for 24 hours and the Exparel lasted for about 3 days. to be spared the immediate pain from major surgery for those first few days was such a blessing. Especially compared to my Total Knee Replacement 28 years ago, where I was in agony from the moment I woke up from surgery. Wonderful results!”

Pilonidal Cyst · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2020

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “I was given Exparel after a Pilonidal cyst removal and lift procedure. It has worked great. I only took one opioid pain pill just in case the first night of sleep. I did not even need it. I never took another and had absolutely no pain. Although it’s 7 days since surgery I am still numb. It has worn off some but still think I’m about 50 percent numb. Hope it eventually wears off.”

Laura · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2020

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “I was given Exparel as a nerve block for a Bunionectomy. This was a miracle drug for me. I could not feel my foot at all for 3 days and it didn’t fully wear off for a full 7 days. This is a very painful surgery and this medicine was a god send to get me over the worst days. I only had to take a few narcotic pills and was able to toss the rest. I highly recommend this medicine for this particular surgery!”

B · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 29, 2021

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “Exparel has been a life saver for me. I’ve had 6 intensive colorectal surgeries in the last 3 years. I had exparel for all but 1, and it was the worst pain I had ever experienced. The rest I had exparel and it was life changing. By the time I was in pain again, I didn’t ever need to reach for the narcotic painkiller (that’s the last thing I would want to take for a multitude of reasons) and pain was easily controlled by 600mg ibuprofen. I can’t imagine how my last 3 years would have been like without Exparel. It’s a game changing product.”

Teresa · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2021

For Pain: “I had this medication and was so pleasantly surprised at how well it controlled my pain from back surgery. I’ve not had any negative issues with this medication. I thank God for this pain relief medication. After experiencing 3 failed pain blocks in arm and shoulder I really am blessed to have this given to me.”

Alice · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2020

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “I had Exparel following laparoscopic surgery and had a lot of anxiety about post surgical pain. I have had no pain and it is almost 24 hours! Amazing! I have to have another surgery in 4 weeks and will definitely ask for it for pain relief. Now I will be more confident going into surgery knowing that I won’t be in so much pain.”

DelilahH · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

For Pain: “What a nightmare! I was injected this drug (without being instructed before hand on the horrendous possible side-effects). My mouth was completely numb for 3 days, but 2 weeks later, there is a numbness through my entire body; especially my face and neck. This is a money maker drug for doctors. But they don’t tell you that the side effects can be permanent. This should not be on the market! They should have a black box warning! Do not take this drug!”

Rosie · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2020

For Pain: “Exparel given with dental implant. Nearly pain-free 2 immediate nights/days postoperative. Merely discomfort and numbness. Highly recommend, especially if it will decrease opioid use. Highly recommend.”

Mo February 24, 2021

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “Had a tooth extracted, it didn’t do anything not a lick I was immediately in excruciating pain . So I basically just threw that money out the window.”

Jesse · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2019

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “Was given an injection of Exparel 3 weeks ago to put a drain in my mouth after oral surgery. That area of my mouth is still numb along with 3 teeth. I hope it wears off at some point.”

EG · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2018

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “My son was given exparel after having his wisdom teeth extracted. It did not provide him much pain relief at all. I would not recommend for oral surgery.”

Matt November 3, 2020

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “Was given post hemorrhoidectomy. Wore off within 2 hours. Not worth it. I understand not all cases are the same but this was ridiculous!”

Melissa · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “They gave Exparel to me after surgery. I'd say it was joke, of it wasn't literally torture. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. ”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2019

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “Was given Exparel during implant oral surgery. NEVER had any pain. For Oral Surgery would recommend always.”

Andrew July 21, 2020

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “Had rotator cuff surgery 4 days ago, was given Exparel. Almost no post-surgical pain. Amazing. Given a small prescription of opiate that I not needed at all. Very pleased.”

PLC · Taken for less than 1 month September 26, 2020

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “I was told Exparel last 72 hours, I have aid $450 for “a big bottle” and found it worn off after 12 hours. I was in excruciating pain after.”

Sally · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2018

Exparel (bupivacaine liposome) for Pain: “Thought Exparel was great, did not need any pain meds for 2 days.”