User Reviews for Benzaclin

Learn more about Benzaclin.

Acne 52 reviews 525 medications

8.8
Summary of Benzaclin reviews 52 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Benzaclin

For Acne "I started Benzaclin a little over a week now, on November 9th 2016. My face was covered in little acne bumps that gave my skin an awful skin texture and when I wore foundation you could see just how bad it was, especially in the light. I also had hormonal acne on my chin and a little bit on my jaw line. The tiny bumps on my skin are already mostly gone, the skin texture is so smooth and soft, my face is obviously really dry from this but its not uncontrollably dry. I just use a really good moisturizer during the day. With this week being very busy for me with school I haven't been eating my usual healthy diet and I still haven't been breaking out as I normally do if I eat poorly. This stuff is amazing and I'm seeing great results."

TaylorEB November 18, 2016

For Acne "I've been using this product for about 2 weeks and I have seen a LITTLE difference. But it does take time, and my doctor said it would get better before it gets worse. I'm still holding out hope! My acne is pretty bad on my face. On my sides, my forehead, and my jawline. It is really bad. But I have faith in this product. Because my acne will not go away for anything! It is extremly stubborn. I'm 18 so that may be part of the problem. I got this free with my isurance otherwise it would have be $380!! So, it better work. Only problem is it drys out my skin so I'd recommend lotion!"

XTonyX (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

For Acne "My type of acne was small bumbs all over my forehead and not even kidding benzaclin stated working overnight after my first use! Completely dried up my acne and my skins been perfect since I have used it"

Aceface July 1, 2016

For Acne "So I started using it in February 2016 and I was using it completely wrong! I was putting only in the area where I have acne but putting way too much!! You only need a very thin layer. The amount I was putting on just that one area I now use all over my face. When I was putting too much my face got so dry that it was like really rough and crusty and it only made it worse. I've been using it correctly now and I haven't had any cysts for three months! However, I recently stopped using it for about a week and a half and I got a new cyst! I thought I'd be okay to go without benzaclin for a while, but honestly I think I need it to never have a cyst ever again! Honestly it really works for getting rid of cysts! It didn't work right away though!"

Adrianana June 12, 2016

For Acne "I specifically asked for this prescription from my dermatologist due to all of the high ratings. I am very glad I did. I have been on Clindamycin solution for about three years and it has stopped being effective and that is why I switched to Benzaclin. It was helped my breakouts a lot and my skin is mostly clear with an occasional break out or two that go away in a couple of days. However, it is extremely drying the first 2-3 weeks. My skin was so dry I could literally feel my skin rubbing off in the shower. Also, avoid your eyes and your eyebrows. The skin around your eyes is way too sensitive for this product. Also, it lightly bleached some of my eyebrows. Nothing too bad, but I notice it. Overall, I would give it a chance."

cabrooke March 21, 2016

For Acne "Had few breakouts until age 23 I broke out badly, graded moderate acne with some cystic. After two weeks skin it is healing and basically zero breakouts. I use it morning and night. Oil free moisturizer 5 min after in morning. Vaseline around eyes at night due to bad drying in that sensitive area. Benzaclin is legit. Wouldn't say I had oily skin before (would dry actually) but I had over production of sebum and this simply eliminated that issue"

Ggggggggggg February 1, 2016

For Acne "THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I used it for 3 days and ALL my acne was completely gone. I went from 20 pimples to none in 3 days. The first day I used it morning and night the first night and found it was quite drying. I've found that one pump at night and just a moisturizer in the morning is perfect!! This stuff is a miracle product! I recommend not using it all over your face after your skin clears up just as a spot treatment when needed."

camryndawna (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2016

For Acne "I had mild acne until I went on Benzaclin. Usually 4-5 pimples at any time. After using Benzaclin for a week, I can say my acne has completely cleared up! I apply a thin layer all over my face. It is very tempting to apply more to troublesome areas but additional product will only cause dryness. I still have red marks from where the pimples were but am sure that within a month or so they too will be gone!"

Alexx456 January 4, 2016

For Acne "I had moderate acne and frequently got cystic acne due to my extremely oily skin. The cystic acne was so deep and painful that I asked my doctor about what to do and she perscribed me this. I swear it works miracles! My acne was virtually gone after 2 weeks, and my ultra oily skin felt normal and smooth! Even though the box says it only helps acne vulgaris, benzaclin really works on cystic acne as well."

Momomoca (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 18, 2015

For Acne "I've been using this for about 3 years now. This is probably the first product I've ever used that resulted in clearer skin, both on my face and my body. I went from having at least 5-7 big red pimples at all times, often more when I was on my period, to having clear skin with maybe a few small blemishes most of the time. It took a few months before I noticed it was actually working. Everything was great until 2 months ago, I now have acne just as bad, if not worse, than ever before (face and back). I still use Benzaclin but it's had absolutely no effect, which is extremely disappointing. Back to square one I guess."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2015

For Acne "I have sensitive skin and using this product resulted in a bad allergic reaction. I used this product for three days and after the third day of using it I had bumpy red rashes on my face. Would not recommend if you have sensitive skin, it really messed up my skin. :("

sadgirl1234 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

For Acne "It helped clear my acne completely! Recommend it to anyone with acne,"

Anmonymous November 1, 2015

For Acne "I have mild acne used epiduo for 6 months with no results it irritated my skin and acne didn't clear up I guess everyone is different my sister used it too she had cystic acne and within 3 weeks her face was clear she has not scars but sadly it didn't work for me. I was prescribed this new gel and just in a few days I have noticed a huge difference finally my pimples are going away."

Mando13 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2015

For Acne "Everyday I'm embarrassed because I have severe body acne. I get acne on my arms, shoulders and back - its not attractive on a female. I have struggled with this problem since I was a child. I've spent lots of money on products that would work temporarily and then reverse effect and make my breakouts worse. I have been using this cream for almost 3 weeks, and already everything is clearing up fast. I am extremely happy with this product that i would recommend it to ANYONE!!!!! I can finally have higher self esteem and not be the mom in a t-shirt going swimming. LOVE IT!!!!! 10's all the way across the board"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

For Acne "I've been using this product for about two years and it produces miracles, I used it and right away everything cleared up, about a year after using this product I went away for two weeks and kinda got off it, I had a huge breakout and in my opinion, a disgusting one, I went back to product and after week, started crying after seeing the results, this is magnificent."

Amelia P. August 16, 2015

For Acne "Wow, this product is awesome! I have only been on it for a week now and I'm seeing impressive results. I'm a teenager and I have mild acne and I've been struggling with it since I was 10. I figured it's about time to put an end to this and I went to my doctor and she prescribed this medicine. I have scars and occasionally really big pimples that hurt. This product magically reduces the size of your pimples. However, I will warn people that this medicine also dries your skin out and can cause flaking and peeling. So, use a moisterizer to counter the drying effect and you should be all set. And make sure to wash your face too to prevent further acne! Other than this minor issue its a great product so far."

Anonymous person August 12, 2015

For Acne "It has been the best! I only had a little acne here and there but this stuff gets rid of it completely! My advice would to only use a little dot for every part of your face . Because when I first got this product I used way to much for the first month and it dried me out like crazy until I realized I was using way too much"

KatieBerry2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

For Acne "My doctor prescribed Benzaclin after my other acne medicine stopped working for me. The first month was rough, my skin was really dry and it peeled alot. Things got better, my face cleared up, I did get some breakouts here and there but with a pea size amount of benzalin, it would shrink and dry out my pores and pimples. If you do not see results within a week or two, do not stop applying bezaclin! The first 6-8 weeks may be rough but it really does clear up your skin. And my scars have faded. Do not over apply the medicine, it can cause over dryness of the face and excessive peeling. Hope benzaclin will help you beat acne like it helped me!"

caligirl20 May 27, 2015

For Acne "I was never one to have severe acne, just a few small bumps here and there with a few big pimples that come every so often.However, they scarred very easily and left huge dark spots that were like 5x the size of little whitehead. I went to my doctor to get rid of these dark spots that everyone was noticing. She prescribed benzaclin and I saw results! She recommended I cleanse my face with an Aveeno product, as it is gentle on skin, and it is amazing! At night I wash my face with Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser and then apply benzaclin (mainly focussing on the area with the dark spots). In the morning I use Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer and these dark spots fade very quickly and it prevents further pimples. My face glows now!"

BenzaClear!! May 20, 2015

For Acne "After years of adult acne, my family doctor offered me this, to save me extra expense with a dermatologist. The results were immediate and acne is no longer something I stress about. It is very drying, so I mix it with my nighttime moisturizer and in winter, I sometimes have to skip a night, but I can't say enough good things about it!"

Almost 40 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2015

For Acne "I absolutely love this product. I had severe acne since I was 11 and nothing worked on my skin. When I was 14 I tried Clindoxyl gel for 8 months and saw little to no effect. It only made my skin drier than before. I went to my doctor and asked for a solution and she prescribed Benzaclin Gel. I applied it every single night after washing my face and within a month I saw results. My skin was brighter and my acne had almost completely stopped after 2 months of using it. After the third month, my skin was amazing and had no breakouts at all. I started to use the Oil Cleansing Method and my skin was better than it had ever been. After I stopped the Gel, my acne came back within 2 weeks. I am using it again now and my skin is better than ever."

lunahe April 9, 2015

For Acne "I am a 20 years old and started breaking out in 5TH GRADE! Yes I was 10 years old. My cousins referred me to Benzaclin and I have been a faithful user ever since. It dries up your pimples so fast. If a friend has a pimple coming on before a special event I give them some and they are always pleased. The second I get lazy and stop applying this my face reverts back to it's old ways. I have been using this product for ten years and will use it until it no longer works for me. I absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone struggling with mild acne and occasional breakouts."

BriJo (taken for 10 years or more) March 10, 2015

For Acne "So I'm 13 (almost 14), and I've had acne all overy face for almost a year. But strangely it's not the normal little bumps everywhere, I get more large under-the-skin whiteheads. I tried pro-activ and oxy, which just dried my face out completely, making things even worse. I also tried natural remedies, which also made my face worse. Then a few weeks ago went to my doctor and he prescribed me BenzaClin...miracle product!! It's only been about 29 days and already I have no acne on my forehead, nose, and chin!! Anyone using this product I reccomend using Cetaphil's gentle cleanser (to counteract the dryness of the medication), and religiously wash your face twice daily, using circular motions (and drying with a new towel each time). :)"

xMeggx March 1, 2015

For Acne "This stuff works fantastically well. I am a 30 year old female with adult onset acne. I have been struggling with cysts, nodules, and pustules for eight months, exclusively on my chin. I was using a Retin-A 0.025% product but it wasn't enough. I started taking Benzaclin around the same time as Yaz (birth control) and Minocycline (antibiotic) and the combination cleared me in a month. The Benzaclin stands out in my regime because it single-handedly dried up all of my large pimples upon first use (I noticed a dramatic improvement the next day, and then every day after that). It will take a bit for all the current pimples to heal themselves (and some may surface over the first two weeks) but you should notice improvements right away!"

NatalieCeeee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2014

For Acne "I have SEVERELY oily skin! I mean I have to blot my face several times a day to literally keep from looking like I rubbed baby oil on my face! I used the medicine as a teen and it worked wonders! Now I'm 25 and my dermatologist says I still have the skin of a 16 yr old (the oil producing cells in your body are supposed to stop working as well as you age, which is the cause of wrinkles, but mine shows ZERO sign of slowing down) anyway, dermatologist put me on Tazorac which is supposed to fix that, worked ok for a few weeks but still super oily! I asked him for this medicine because I remembered it working so well for me! I've only been on it a week and WOW I can already see a difference! And for someone with as much oil as me, I appreciate the drying affect of this."

Makeup doll August 21, 2014