User Reviews for Benzaclin

Learn more about Benzaclin.

Acne 64 reviews 504 medications

8.7
Summary of Benzaclin reviews 64 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Benzaclin

For Acne "I have been on benzaclin for approx. 1yr and 4 months now, and in the beginning (first 2-3 months) I was noticing a big improvement and my acne was starting to go away. However, my acne came back even worse a couple months after and the benzaclin was not helping it at all. Currently, I am still using benzaclin in hopes that it will work again for me, but I don't think it will to be honest :("

brennen September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've had acne since I was 12 years old. I used a lot (and I mean a lot) of acne products, even Accutane and Tactuo, and none of them worked for me. I am now 20 years old and after using Benzaclin, my acne completely disappeared!! My face is really smooth now! The only things left are my scars that I'm working on to remove. :)"

Anonymousxo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Have been on this and Retin-A for three weeks and I'm amazed at the results. No new pimples at all. Virtually poreless, clear skin and very smooth. It does burn a bit at first but following with CeraVe helps."

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have never wrote a review on a product before but I had to share my experience with this one because it's soooo good. I had really bad acne on my forehead that didn't wanna go away no matter what I used and finally I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Benzaclin. I used this a week straight and my skin was so much better. After 3 weeks all my acne was gone basically! The only thing that sucks is that if I stop using it a couple of weeks later my acne gets really bad again so u have to keep using it"

Annndicouldntthinkofaname August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "It made my white zits disappear. Made my skin smooth So yeah this works for gross zits that you can pop & the tender red bumps."

Sol like the sun July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "So I used this for four night. As per dosage I used a super small amount. 3rd application my face burned really bad. Next morning I woke up with a rash on my cheeks. 4th night I avoided the irritated area but woke up the next day with a full face of eczema. I'd caution you, if you have eczema and your doctor still prescribes this (as mine did) be careful! Now I have a full face of steroid cream and my acne is still there☹️. It did seem to be making some effect before the whole huge eczema outbreak."

Jess-20- June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have had problems with acne since I hit puberty (age 10) lucky me. Benzaclin is the absolute best acne care product I have came across for my moderate breakouts that affect my face, neck, chest, shoulders and back. Sometimes I'm in a hurry or too tired to put it on twice a day and when I break out as a result of it, it only takes a day to see a difference when I apply it again. I gave it 9/10 rating because I wish I only had to put it on once daily. I highly recommend this product."

Benzaclin User over 10 Years (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Within 3 days acne pustules and swollen skin had reduced and not painful in my entire chin/jaw area. Its a bit drying and skin feels 'tight' but that's easy to handle with applying extra moisturizer. I've been an esthetician for 20 years so when adult acne showed up I tried everything spa treatment wise but after 2 years of the pain, discolouration, constant break outs this is what my GP prescribed - I'm so thankful!"

Scrappy Doo (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "It's expensive but it WORKS!! My insurance covers it so I basically had a risk free try. I'll definitely be refilling my prescription. I bought proactive. And after a month I was seeing the results I wanted so my doctor prescribed this. I use it at night as it can dry the face. I use Spectro to wash my face day and night. It helps with the dryness. But honestly, it's been a couple weeks and my present acne is already fading. I had maybe one zit come up and it isn't all nasty and it's shrinking. I highly recommend especially if you have an oil problem."

Radicleorder (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "So far I have only been on this for two weeks and it has already drastically helped my skin! pharmacy noted that it can take 8 weeks for a pimple to form so the best results you'll see in two months but two weeks and I'm already so happy with this topical gel for my face! It does really dry your skin out so I highly recommend using a really good face cream (I'm using nivea mattify so it doesn't have to be a medicated or even an expensive cream just find a good one that wont clog your pores) and I only use the gel when I go to sleep at night not twice a day so I recommend doing this (even just to start if your doctor does want you to use it twice a day ease your way in) the first 4 days I only put it on for 2 hours to let skin get used to it."

charchar987 February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been using this product for about 6 months now and it is great. I noticed that it also prevents breakouts from happening as well as getting rid of existing breakouts and it also fades scars due to the bleaching effect. I would not recommend you use this around your eyes or on your eyelids the product can make them puffy. Also apply a very thin layer because this product is very drying! As an effect of drying out all the oils causing clearer skin. Overall this is a great product and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has acne."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used this medication for 2 years. It took approximately 4 months of using it once a day to see the full results. It totally curbed my oily skin and reduced my breakouts significantly, though I would still have 1-2 pimples at any given time. In the last year of use, I applied it twice a day and used an SPF50 sunscreen with it. I was FINALLY starting to see my scars fade when my doctor switched my medication:( I loved Benzaclin, and found it affordable since I have insurance."

KKD106 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started Benzaclin a little over a week now, on November 9th 2016. My face was covered in little acne bumps that gave my skin an awful skin texture and when I wore foundation you could see just how bad it was, especially in the light. I also had hormonal acne on my chin and a little bit on my jaw line. The tiny bumps on my skin are already mostly gone, the skin texture is so smooth and soft, my face is obviously really dry from this but its not uncontrollably dry. I just use a really good moisturizer during the day. With this week being very busy for me with school I haven't been eating my usual healthy diet and I still haven't been breaking out as I normally do if I eat poorly. This stuff is amazing and I'm seeing great results."

TaylorEB November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been using this product for about 2 weeks and I have seen a LITTLE difference. But it does take time, and my doctor said it would get better before it gets worse. I'm still holding out hope! My acne is pretty bad on my face. On my sides, my forehead, and my jawline. It is really bad. But I have faith in this product. Because my acne will not go away for anything! It is extremly stubborn. I'm 18 so that may be part of the problem. I got this free with my isurance otherwise it would have be $380!! So, it better work. Only problem is it drys out my skin so I'd recommend lotion!"

XTonyX (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "My type of acne was small bumbs all over my forehead and not even kidding benzaclin stated working overnight after my first use! Completely dried up my acne and my skins been perfect since I have used it"

Aceface July 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "So I started using it in February 2016 and I was using it completely wrong! I was putting only in the area where I have acne but putting way too much!! You only need a very thin layer. The amount I was putting on just that one area I now use all over my face. When I was putting too much my face got so dry that it was like really rough and crusty and it only made it worse. I've been using it correctly now and I haven't had any cysts for three months! However, I recently stopped using it for about a week and a half and I got a new cyst! I thought I'd be okay to go without benzaclin for a while, but honestly I think I need it to never have a cyst ever again! Honestly it really works for getting rid of cysts! It didn't work right away though!"

Adrianana June 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I specifically asked for this prescription from my dermatologist due to all of the high ratings. I am very glad I did. I have been on Clindamycin solution for about three years and it has stopped being effective and that is why I switched to Benzaclin. It was helped my breakouts a lot and my skin is mostly clear with an occasional break out or two that go away in a couple of days. However, it is extremely drying the first 2-3 weeks. My skin was so dry I could literally feel my skin rubbing off in the shower. Also, avoid your eyes and your eyebrows. The skin around your eyes is way too sensitive for this product. Also, it lightly bleached some of my eyebrows. Nothing too bad, but I notice it. Overall, I would give it a chance."

cabrooke March 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Had few breakouts until age 23 I broke out badly, graded moderate acne with some cystic. After two weeks skin it is healing and basically zero breakouts. I use it morning and night. Oil free moisturizer 5 min after in morning. Vaseline around eyes at night due to bad drying in that sensitive area. Benzaclin is legit. Wouldn't say I had oily skin before (would dry actually) but I had over production of sebum and this simply eliminated that issue"

Ggggggggggg February 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I used it for 3 days and ALL my acne was completely gone. I went from 20 pimples to none in 3 days. The first day I used it morning and night the first night and found it was quite drying. I've found that one pump at night and just a moisturizer in the morning is perfect!! This stuff is a miracle product! I recommend not using it all over your face after your skin clears up just as a spot treatment when needed."

camryndawna (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had mild acne until I went on Benzaclin. Usually 4-5 pimples at any time. After using Benzaclin for a week, I can say my acne has completely cleared up! I apply a thin layer all over my face. It is very tempting to apply more to troublesome areas but additional product will only cause dryness. I still have red marks from where the pimples were but am sure that within a month or so they too will be gone!"

Alexx456 January 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had moderate acne and frequently got cystic acne due to my extremely oily skin. The cystic acne was so deep and painful that I asked my doctor about what to do and she perscribed me this. I swear it works miracles! My acne was virtually gone after 2 weeks, and my ultra oily skin felt normal and smooth! Even though the box says it only helps acne vulgaris, benzaclin really works on cystic acne as well."

Momomoca (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been using this for about 3 years now. This is probably the first product I've ever used that resulted in clearer skin, both on my face and my body. I went from having at least 5-7 big red pimples at all times, often more when I was on my period, to having clear skin with maybe a few small blemishes most of the time. It took a few months before I noticed it was actually working. Everything was great until 2 months ago, I now have acne just as bad, if not worse, than ever before (face and back). I still use Benzaclin but it's had absolutely no effect, which is extremely disappointing. Back to square one I guess."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have sensitive skin and using this product resulted in a bad allergic reaction. I used this product for three days and after the third day of using it I had bumpy red rashes on my face. Would not recommend if you have sensitive skin, it really messed up my skin. :("

sadgirl1234 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "It helped clear my acne completely! Recommend it to anyone with acne,"

Anmonymous November 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have mild acne used epiduo for 6 months with no results it irritated my skin and acne didn't clear up I guess everyone is different my sister used it too she had cystic acne and within 3 weeks her face was clear she has not scars but sadly it didn't work for me. I was prescribed this new gel and just in a few days I have noticed a huge difference finally my pimples are going away."

Mando13 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2015

Page 1 2 3 Next

More about Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin topical)

Other brands: Duac, Onexton, Acanya, Neuac, ... +2 more