User Reviews for Benzaclin

Acne
8.4

Summary of Benzaclin reviews 8.4 71 reviews

Reviews for Benzaclin

For Acne "I was prescribed topical Benzaclin in 2003 for mild acne. 4 months later I noticed blood in my stool. Long story short, I ended up with Ulcerative Colitis which then resulted in my having my entire colon removed. This product has warning labels, so read them and pay attention to how your body reacts to the treatment ."

Linds (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Acne "I'm 21 years old. I've pretty much hormonal acne on my whole face. My dermatologist recommended me this gel and I've been using it since. The last two weeks and there's no significant difference. But my acne is becoming inflamed and leaving horrible scars. After reading reviews I'm a bit hopeful that it will cure my acne."

anna (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Acne "Used this for two days only at night. It may have reacted with my usual night moisturizer but my skin broke out into a red burning rash. My skin is scaly and itchy. I stopped using this product and hope I am able to find something that won't cause a reaction. It is too bad because there have been some great reviews. Although it doesn't work for my skin type at all. It has been over two straight days of burning, red, swollen, and irritated skin on my face. I didn't use a large amount either."

Bb (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

For Acne "I was prescribed this by my doctor after I came to her with stubborn acne at 19 that I’ve had since I was 17, mostly on my cheeks and spots/clusters on my forehead, chin, and neck. So I use the benzclin in the morning and she gave me stieva-A to use at night for scarring. My skin is oily but dehydrated so I use moisturizer twice a day. The stieva-a has helped tremendously with scarring but so far the benzaclin hasn’t done much, my t-zone is mostly clear but still stubborn acne on my cheeks :( it’s been about six weeks but I read it can take up to 12 so I’ll keep trying it. This medication was covered so I get it for free"

Paige (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Acne "Throughout high school I had clear skin, then in my 20’s I started to develop very bad acne. Particularly on my jawline. I tried many products and nothing worked. Went to the doctor and got prescribed this. LIVE SAVER. Clears up acne VERY quickly and leaves skin smooth. Only downside is dryness but that’s to be expected with a treatment like this. I would highly recommend if you are struggling with painful pimples and don’t seem to wanna go away."

Jayde1527 January 19, 2018

For Acne "I was prescribed Benzaclin because after going off the pill after about 7 years of use my skin began to break out like crazy. I tried pretty much every home remedy and over the counter acne product I could find with no success. Within 3 days of using this cream twice daily my acne was pretty much all cleared without any new breakouts. Still have to see the long term effectiveness, but overall would highly recommend. The only side effect I have experienced is really dry skin, especially around existing breakouts, but it's nothing a moisturizer can't fix."

kathleeny (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

For Acne "I've never written a review of anything before. My face was flawless after high school. Here and there I would break out but nothing major. I am now 25 and started suffering from acne located primarily on my jawline. It was awful! I spent a small fortune on products and nothing worked. I finally went to the doctor and was prescribed benzaclin and it is amazing! I have been on it for three weeks today exactly and my face is so clear. There was a little itching at first if I slathered on too much. Now I only use it as spot treatment and that works great too!"

Lindzeeey September 29, 2017

For Acne "I have been on benzaclin for approx. 1yr and 4 months now, and in the beginning (first 2-3 months) I was noticing a big improvement and my acne was starting to go away. However, my acne came back even worse a couple months after and the benzaclin was not helping it at all. Currently, I am still using benzaclin in hopes that it will work again for me, but I don't think it will to be honest :("

brennen September 17, 2017

For Acne "I've had acne since I was 12 years old. I used a lot (and I mean a lot) of acne products, even Accutane and Tactuo, and none of them worked for me. I am now 20 years old and after using Benzaclin, my acne completely disappeared!! My face is really smooth now! The only things left are my scars that I'm working on to remove. :)"

Anonymousxo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

For Acne "Have been on this and Retin-A for three weeks and I'm amazed at the results. No new pimples at all. Virtually poreless, clear skin and very smooth. It does burn a bit at first but following with CeraVe helps."

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017

For Acne "I have never wrote a review on a product before but I had to share my experience with this one because it's soooo good. I had really bad acne on my forehead that didn't wanna go away no matter what I used and finally I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Benzaclin. I used this a week straight and my skin was so much better. After 3 weeks all my acne was gone basically! The only thing that sucks is that if I stop using it a couple of weeks later my acne gets really bad again so u have to keep using it"

Annndicouldntthinkofaname August 3, 2017

For Acne "It made my white zits disappear. Made my skin smooth So yeah this works for gross zits that you can pop & the tender red bumps."

Sol like the sun July 31, 2017

For Acne "So I used this for four night. As per dosage I used a super small amount. 3rd application my face burned really bad. Next morning I woke up with a rash on my cheeks. 4th night I avoided the irritated area but woke up the next day with a full face of eczema. I'd caution you, if you have eczema and your doctor still prescribes this (as mine did) be careful! Now I have a full face of steroid cream and my acne is still there☹️. It did seem to be making some effect before the whole huge eczema outbreak."

Jess-20- June 14, 2017

For Acne "I have had problems with acne since I hit puberty (age 10) lucky me. Benzaclin is the absolute best acne care product I have came across for my moderate breakouts that affect my face, neck, chest, shoulders and back. Sometimes I'm in a hurry or too tired to put it on twice a day and when I break out as a result of it, it only takes a day to see a difference when I apply it again. I gave it 9/10 rating because I wish I only had to put it on once daily. I highly recommend this product."

Benzaclin User over 10 Years (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2017

For Acne "Within 3 days acne pustules and swollen skin had reduced and not painful in my entire chin/jaw area. Its a bit drying and skin feels 'tight' but that's easy to handle with applying extra moisturizer. I've been an esthetician for 20 years so when adult acne showed up I tried everything spa treatment wise but after 2 years of the pain, discolouration, constant break outs this is what my GP prescribed - I'm so thankful!"

Scrappy Doo (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

For Acne "It's expensive but it WORKS!! My insurance covers it so I basically had a risk free try. I'll definitely be refilling my prescription. I bought proactive. And after a month I was seeing the results I wanted so my doctor prescribed this. I use it at night as it can dry the face. I use Spectro to wash my face day and night. It helps with the dryness. But honestly, it's been a couple weeks and my present acne is already fading. I had maybe one zit come up and it isn't all nasty and it's shrinking. I highly recommend especially if you have an oil problem."

Radicleorder (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

For Acne "So far I have only been on this for two weeks and it has already drastically helped my skin! pharmacy noted that it can take 8 weeks for a pimple to form so the best results you'll see in two months but two weeks and I'm already so happy with this topical gel for my face! It does really dry your skin out so I highly recommend using a really good face cream (I'm using nivea mattify so it doesn't have to be a medicated or even an expensive cream just find a good one that wont clog your pores) and I only use the gel when I go to sleep at night not twice a day so I recommend doing this (even just to start if your doctor does want you to use it twice a day ease your way in) the first 4 days I only put it on for 2 hours to let skin get used to it."

charchar987 February 9, 2017

For Acne "I've been using this product for about 6 months now and it is great. I noticed that it also prevents breakouts from happening as well as getting rid of existing breakouts and it also fades scars due to the bleaching effect. I would not recommend you use this around your eyes or on your eyelids the product can make them puffy. Also apply a very thin layer because this product is very drying! As an effect of drying out all the oils causing clearer skin. Overall this is a great product and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has acne."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017

For Acne "I used this medication for 2 years. It took approximately 4 months of using it once a day to see the full results. It totally curbed my oily skin and reduced my breakouts significantly, though I would still have 1-2 pimples at any given time. In the last year of use, I applied it twice a day and used an SPF50 sunscreen with it. I was FINALLY starting to see my scars fade when my doctor switched my medication:( I loved Benzaclin, and found it affordable since I have insurance."

KKD106 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2017

For Acne "I started Benzaclin a little over a week now, on November 9th 2016. My face was covered in little acne bumps that gave my skin an awful skin texture and when I wore foundation you could see just how bad it was, especially in the light. I also had hormonal acne on my chin and a little bit on my jaw line. The tiny bumps on my skin are already mostly gone, the skin texture is so smooth and soft, my face is obviously really dry from this but its not uncontrollably dry. I just use a really good moisturizer during the day. With this week being very busy for me with school I haven't been eating my usual healthy diet and I still haven't been breaking out as I normally do if I eat poorly. This stuff is amazing and I'm seeing great results."

TaylorEB November 18, 2016

For Acne "I've been using this product for about 2 weeks and I have seen a LITTLE difference. But it does take time, and my doctor said it would get better before it gets worse. I'm still holding out hope! My acne is pretty bad on my face. On my sides, my forehead, and my jawline. It is really bad. But I have faith in this product. Because my acne will not go away for anything! It is extremly stubborn. I'm 18 so that may be part of the problem. I got this free with my isurance otherwise it would have be $380!! So, it better work. Only problem is it drys out my skin so I'd recommend lotion!"

XTonyX (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

For Acne "My type of acne was small bumbs all over my forehead and not even kidding benzaclin stated working overnight after my first use! Completely dried up my acne and my skins been perfect since I have used it"

Aceface July 1, 2016

For Acne "So I started using it in February 2016 and I was using it completely wrong! I was putting only in the area where I have acne but putting way too much!! You only need a very thin layer. The amount I was putting on just that one area I now use all over my face. When I was putting too much my face got so dry that it was like really rough and crusty and it only made it worse. I've been using it correctly now and I haven't had any cysts for three months! However, I recently stopped using it for about a week and a half and I got a new cyst! I thought I'd be okay to go without benzaclin for a while, but honestly I think I need it to never have a cyst ever again! Honestly it really works for getting rid of cysts! It didn't work right away though!"

Adrianana June 12, 2016

For Acne "I specifically asked for this prescription from my dermatologist due to all of the high ratings. I am very glad I did. I have been on Clindamycin solution for about three years and it has stopped being effective and that is why I switched to Benzaclin. It was helped my breakouts a lot and my skin is mostly clear with an occasional break out or two that go away in a couple of days. However, it is extremely drying the first 2-3 weeks. My skin was so dry I could literally feel my skin rubbing off in the shower. Also, avoid your eyes and your eyebrows. The skin around your eyes is way too sensitive for this product. Also, it lightly bleached some of my eyebrows. Nothing too bad, but I notice it. Overall, I would give it a chance."

cabrooke March 21, 2016

For Acne "Had few breakouts until age 23 I broke out badly, graded moderate acne with some cystic. After two weeks skin it is healing and basically zero breakouts. I use it morning and night. Oil free moisturizer 5 min after in morning. Vaseline around eyes at night due to bad drying in that sensitive area. Benzaclin is legit. Wouldn't say I had oily skin before (would dry actually) but I had over production of sebum and this simply eliminated that issue"

Ggggggggggg February 1, 2016