User Reviews for Benzaclin

Acne
8.3

Summary of Benzaclin reviews 8.3 82 reviews

Reviews for Benzaclin

For Acne "My daughter was on this for months then all of a sudden she used it and had a bad reaction it literally burned her face and was burning her skin. ER said they have seen a lot of people recently having reactions"

Auntie A November 5, 2018

For Acne "I'm 33 and have had moderate acne for most of my adult life. The worst ones start really deep so I can't pop them, leaving me with a dime size red mark until it gets to the surface. I've tried Murad, proactive and over the counter stuff but it made my skin flaky. Benzaclin took about 2 weeks before I saw results. It made my skin dry but I increased the time between applying to every 36 hours which helped. I get about one zit a week but no more really deep ones. I use it sparingly and it lasts 4 months. Highly recommended."

gonucks (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2018

For Acne "I am a 31 year old female with extreme hormonal acne when I am not on the pill. I have so many inflamed deep big cystic acne that it changes the shape of my face. Since I started using benzaclin, the months old zits are finally coming to a head and drying up. I am using this in combination with Yasmin birth control because I know by experience that they will keep coming back, but I will still be using benzaclin to accelerate the healing time of old and new pimples."

Sisi (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Acne "This medication is terrible. I had only a bit of acne when my GP recommended this. Taking this was the worst decision of my life. It made my acne only slightly better but in exchange I got extremely red flaky painful skin. Therefore, I decided to stop using it entirely in hopes that my skin would go back to normal. This drug works by killing all the bacteria on your skin both good and bad (I hadn’t done my research or known this at the time). So when I quit using It my skin had no good bacteria left to defend against the bad; resulting in the worst breakout of my life. I now have cystic acne on my cheeks, forehead, and chin. My skin has never looked this terrible in my entire life (I normally have clear skin). I’m warning anyone out there with moderate acne and sensitive combination skin DO NOT USE THIS if you’re looking for clear skin there are better solutions out there. Please save yourself the heartache."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Acne "This stuff is amazing for clearing your skin . Only down side is it can make your skin quite dry I would recommend making a natural blend of honey used coffee granules and oat meal to exfoliate the dry skin . If your struggling with acne I would definitely recommend trying this product out"

Lia (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2018

For Acne "I just finished my first three months on this medication. I was prescribed it by my family doctor after I randomly had inflamed pustules on my forehead. My skin has actually been pretty clear most of my life and this appeared out of the blue at the beginning on the year (I am 24 years old). It worked tremendously on my skin. My skin is clear and I haven't had a new inflamed pimple come up since. I use Origins Checks and Balances face wash before and then apply the cream and let it set in overnight. In the mornings I apply First Aid Beauty Ultra Moisturizing Cream. There is some definite peeling from the medication but it is way more manageable than the acne I had prior. I am now taking a break as I don't want to use antibiotics for an extended period of time so I am just using a 5% benzoyl peroxide gel but if it flares up again I will definitely go back to this cream."

Magg (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2018

For Acne "Hello, so I have never written a review before because I'm only still a teenager. I've had acne ever since I was nine years old and it sucks. I literally tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it and nothing worked I felt hopeless at times, so I went to the doctor and the first thing she asked me was " young lady what are you gonna do with that acne " I thought it was quite rude, but she followed up with she could prescribe me with BenzaClin I said yes ma'am sign me up and I've been on it since March 17 and my acne is legit GONE, I love this product."

Brookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Acne "I've used have acne for years on my face chest and back. Benzaclin works great but can be drying and it can cause peeling. After years of struggling to hide or in some instances even tweeze off peeling skin (cos dry scaly looks awful under make up) I've finally found the ideal setup for me. I use Clinique moisture Surge 72 hour and it is AWESOME. It conceals all peeling from my med but dries quickly and sort of slicks down anything there is due to the aloe in it I guess."

Tiffany (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2018

For Acne "I've been using Benzaclin for 3 days now and can honestly say this works. I have bad hormonal acne all over my chin - painful cystic welts that hurt to touch. Also, my pimples take weeks to heal. This was prescribed until I can see an actual dermatologist. I was warned that it could be drying. Lucky for me, I have oily skin. My regime: Night: Apply a super-thin layer all over my face and an extra tiny dot directly on pimples. Morning: I rub a super thin layer over my chin only (problem area) This really is great stuff. I highly recommend."

Hormonal breakouts (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Acne "I was prescribed this medicine by my family doctor. I have acne on my cheek and chin that have white head and bumps. I decided to try it after I read all the great reviews about it. I have been using it for less than one week now and it works great. I can tell that all the white head have disappeared, and my skin started to heal... the only thing that made me to give it 9/10 is that it dried my face and my skin on the treated area is peeling off, so I have to use a moisturize twice or three times in a row to feel comfortable other than that its working great..."

Soma (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Acne "I did not experience any redness or drying due to this medication, likely due to the fact that I was previously on highly concentrated benzoyl peroxide. Benzaclin helped my cystic acne and whiteheads on my forehead to practically vanish within a month (I still experience occasional cystic spots, and plenty of blackheads). However, my cheeks and chin still experience frequent breakouts. The benzaclin does help in a similar way to benzoyl peroxide by flattening marks quickly, but does not seem to have prevented future breakouts in these areas yet."

Amb (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2018

For Acne "I was prescribed topical Benzaclin in 2003 for mild acne. 4 months later I noticed blood in my stool. Long story short, I ended up with Ulcerative Colitis which then resulted in my having my entire colon removed. This product has warning labels, so read them and pay attention to how your body reacts to the treatment ."

Linds (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Acne "I'm 21 years old. I've pretty much hormonal acne on my whole face. My dermatologist recommended me this gel and I've been using it since. The last two weeks and there's no significant difference. But my acne is becoming inflamed and leaving horrible scars. After reading reviews I'm a bit hopeful that it will cure my acne."

anna (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Acne "Used this for two days only at night. It may have reacted with my usual night moisturizer but my skin broke out into a red burning rash. My skin is scaly and itchy. I stopped using this product and hope I am able to find something that won't cause a reaction. It is too bad because there have been some great reviews. Although it doesn't work for my skin type at all. It has been over two straight days of burning, red, swollen, and irritated skin on my face. I didn't use a large amount either."

Bb (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

For Acne "I was prescribed this by my doctor after I came to her with stubborn acne at 19 that I’ve had since I was 17, mostly on my cheeks and spots/clusters on my forehead, chin, and neck. So I use the benzclin in the morning and she gave me stieva-A to use at night for scarring. My skin is oily but dehydrated so I use moisturizer twice a day. The stieva-a has helped tremendously with scarring but so far the benzaclin hasn’t done much, my t-zone is mostly clear but still stubborn acne on my cheeks :( it’s been about six weeks but I read it can take up to 12 so I’ll keep trying it. This medication was covered so I get it for free"

Paige (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Acne "Throughout high school I had clear skin, then in my 20’s I started to develop very bad acne. Particularly on my jawline. I tried many products and nothing worked. Went to the doctor and got prescribed this. LIVE SAVER. Clears up acne VERY quickly and leaves skin smooth. Only downside is dryness but that’s to be expected with a treatment like this. I would highly recommend if you are struggling with painful pimples and don’t seem to wanna go away."

Jayde1527 January 19, 2018

For Acne "I was prescribed Benzaclin because after going off the pill after about 7 years of use my skin began to break out like crazy. I tried pretty much every home remedy and over the counter acne product I could find with no success. Within 3 days of using this cream twice daily my acne was pretty much all cleared without any new breakouts. Still have to see the long term effectiveness, but overall would highly recommend. The only side effect I have experienced is really dry skin, especially around existing breakouts, but it's nothing a moisturizer can't fix."

kathleeny (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

For Acne "I've never written a review of anything before. My face was flawless after high school. Here and there I would break out but nothing major. I am now 25 and started suffering from acne located primarily on my jawline. It was awful! I spent a small fortune on products and nothing worked. I finally went to the doctor and was prescribed benzaclin and it is amazing! I have been on it for three weeks today exactly and my face is so clear. There was a little itching at first if I slathered on too much. Now I only use it as spot treatment and that works great too!"

Lindzeeey September 29, 2017

For Acne "I have been on benzaclin for approx. 1yr and 4 months now, and in the beginning (first 2-3 months) I was noticing a big improvement and my acne was starting to go away. However, my acne came back even worse a couple months after and the benzaclin was not helping it at all. Currently, I am still using benzaclin in hopes that it will work again for me, but I don't think it will to be honest :("

brennen September 17, 2017

For Acne "I've had acne since I was 12 years old. I used a lot (and I mean a lot) of acne products, even Accutane and Tactuo, and none of them worked for me. I am now 20 years old and after using Benzaclin, my acne completely disappeared!! My face is really smooth now! The only things left are my scars that I'm working on to remove. :)"

Anonymousxo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

For Acne "Have been on this and Retin-A for three weeks and I'm amazed at the results. No new pimples at all. Virtually poreless, clear skin and very smooth. It does burn a bit at first but following with CeraVe helps."

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017

For Acne "I have never wrote a review on a product before but I had to share my experience with this one because it's soooo good. I had really bad acne on my forehead that didn't wanna go away no matter what I used and finally I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Benzaclin. I used this a week straight and my skin was so much better. After 3 weeks all my acne was gone basically! The only thing that sucks is that if I stop using it a couple of weeks later my acne gets really bad again so u have to keep using it"

Annndicouldntthinkofaname August 3, 2017

For Acne "It made my white zits disappear. Made my skin smooth So yeah this works for gross zits that you can pop & the tender red bumps."

Sol like the sun July 31, 2017

For Acne "So I used this for four night. As per dosage I used a super small amount. 3rd application my face burned really bad. Next morning I woke up with a rash on my cheeks. 4th night I avoided the irritated area but woke up the next day with a full face of eczema. I'd caution you, if you have eczema and your doctor still prescribes this (as mine did) be careful! Now I have a full face of steroid cream and my acne is still there☹️. It did seem to be making some effect before the whole huge eczema outbreak."

Jess-20- June 14, 2017

For Acne "I have had problems with acne since I hit puberty (age 10) lucky me. Benzaclin is the absolute best acne care product I have came across for my moderate breakouts that affect my face, neck, chest, shoulders and back. Sometimes I'm in a hurry or too tired to put it on twice a day and when I break out as a result of it, it only takes a day to see a difference when I apply it again. I gave it 9/10 rating because I wish I only had to put it on once daily. I highly recommend this product."

Benzaclin User over 10 Years (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4

More about Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin topical)

Other brands: Duac, Onexton, Acanya, Neuac, ... +2 more