User Reviews for Bazedoxifene / conjugated estrogens to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Also known as: Duavee

Reviews for Bazedoxifene/conjugated estrogens

Duavee (bazedoxifene / conjugated estrogens): "65 years old and started in 2006 a Continuous Sequential system with Vivelle and Combipatch until 2015, when my doctor had no choice but to switch me to Duavee. It does not work as well for my vaginal area so I supplement with a DHEA suppository each week. My libido is less, as is my response. A plus for me taking estrogen is that I cannot take the medicines for my mild osteopenia. I have no postmenopausal symptoms with Duavee, but I have experienced weight-creep. I took an SSRI for seven years and the gain is exactly like that; the pounds melted away when I stopped Lexapro. I plan on taking this as long as I can, because life without estrogen is very unpleasant for me; depression, dried up all over, terrible anxiety. Fortunately, there is no cancer on either side of my family (my mother with a uterus intact took estrogen for 45 years) so I am hoping to be allowed to continue on Duavee for the rest of my life."

Symy April 15, 2019

Duavee (bazedoxifene / conjugated estrogens): "I have increased energy but this drug has not improved any other postmenopausal symptom. I am very disappointed."

Diappointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2016

Duavee (bazedoxifene / conjugated estrogens): "I have been on this medicine for four days and I am completely amazed at the difference in my life. I feel SO much better! No more anxiety or depression, I sleep like a rock and I wake up feeling refreshed and optimistic, whereas before I woke with anxiety or depression and even invasive thoughts nearly EVERY morning. So far, so good! Hot flashes are greatly reduced, but I am most surprised by my change in mood. Family doctor wanted me to try one SSRI after another, while my OBGYN gave me the Duavee. I am only 46 years old yet haven't had a period in probably a year. I had NO idea that my horrible anxiety and depression were hormone related. I literally feel like I've been given a new lease on life. I feel 10 years younger!"

Woman in PA August 16, 2016

Duavee (bazedoxifene / conjugated estrogens): "I could have dealt with the night sweats probably, but the extreme emotions were driving me and everyone around me crazy. I felt better after the first dose and every day since, I feel great, I can control my emotions. Duavee is my miracle."

Meanchristine (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016