User Reviews for Colazal

Learn more about Colazal.

Crohn's Disease 3 reviews 68 medications

9.3
Ulcerative Colitis 5 reviews 187 medications

7.2
Ulcerative Colitis, Active 1 reviews 71 medications

Summary of Colazal reviews 9 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Colazal

For Ulcerative Colitis "Didn't help much at all with my symptoms."

Tomhh219 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2014

For Crohn's Disease "I have used Colazal for about 5 months and actually stopped taking it for a month in between. When I am on the medication I am fine no with no active symptoms when I stopped it I was fine for a short period of time before it acted up again. I dealt with the symptoms because they were mild. But the moment it got bad I took a dose and things almost instantly got better, now that I am consistently taking my proper dosage. I have no issues at all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2013

For Crohn's Disease "Colazal completely rid me of all Crohn's symptoms after years of suffering. I'm worried now, after 4-5 yrs symptom free I need a kidney transplant. Will I still be able to use it if I get a flare up?"

sherri morris July 7, 2011

For Ulcerative Colitis "Cheaper than some other medicines. It's my wonder drug."

Anonymous January 27, 2011

For Ulcerative Colitis "This medicine really helped me get in remission about 6 years ago. I'm still taking it as a maintenance drug- but I have been flaring up for the past 2 years while taking it. Prednisone has been my savior as far as the flaring up. Next step...Remicade. We will see how it goes!"

Anonymous November 24, 2010

For Crohn's Disease "I have tried several medications for my Crohn's Disease, including steroids, antibiotics, 6-mp, Entocort, Asacol. After having surgery to remove my ileum, Colazal seems to be the only medication that has helped and not caused any major side effects. From time to time I have flare ups, but overall Colazal seems to be working."

Anonymous May 19, 2009

For Ulcerative Colitis "Helps in-between flareups."

jamneely August 19, 2008

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Tried for a few months some years ago. No side effects, didn't seem as effective as Asacol for me. Needs specific conditions in the gut to "cleave" into the active medication, I think my particular gut wasn't suited. Beware that not every med will work in everyone, Asacol included. Try meds and observe how you fare."

Anonymous April 2, 2008

For Ulcerative Colitis "There is new generic version of Colazal now. I was wondering if anyone has used it and found any problems with it vs the brand name drug."

GI February 25, 2008