User Reviews for Imuran to treat Crohn's Disease, Maintenance

Imuran has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Crohn's Disease, Maintenance. 44% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Imuran Rating Summary

6.8/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease, Maintenance.

Reviews for Imuran

MySonhasCrohnsDisease · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 8, 2016

“Our son was very sick for a year before being diagnosed with Crohns Disease, at his worst he was 62 lbs and 12 years old! The poor sweet thing was withering away to nothing! Every bone in his body stuck out It was a terrible time for the entire family to see such a sweet soul struggle so badly. Once we got the diagnosis of Crohns via biopsy and scope his Dr put him on Imuran. 7 months later he now weighs 78lbs and grew almost an inch! He is in remission!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so thankful for this prescription!”

RjS30 · Taken for 10 years or more September 27, 2017

“I was diagnosed with Crohn's 28 years ago and have been on multiple medications over the years. I had a flare up in January of 2000 after being admitted to the hospital for a failing appendix. That is where I met my current Gastro Doctor. I was put on Imuran with a side of Asacol, but was taken off the Asacol around 7 years ago. I have been taking 100mg of Imuran for 16 years with virtually no side effects and haven't had one flare up to speak of since 2000. I know everyone is different, but Imuran has been super good to me!”

PENWESTERN April 25, 2009

“I have been taking 50 mg daily and have been for six months. I had a serious flare six months ago and a small bowel resection two months later. I feel that Imuran and Remicade combination is keeping me well and feeling perfectly normal. No side effects so far. I am very glad to have tapered off Prednisone and am happy with Imuran and Remicade for Crohn's maintenance.”

G Eagle · Taken for 10 years or more December 2, 2015

“I was taking Imuran back in 2012 for Crohn's Disease. I switched to Remicade and was doing well until the 6th infusion when I contracted Drug Induced Lupos. After a short time with Prednisone I went back on Imuran. After 3 years I seem to be doing well (no flare-ups), etc. I do have a lot of trouble with my skin. I don't know if the Imuran has anything to do with that or not.”

Anonymous October 3, 2016

“I was only diagnosed in May and have been on Uceris and Imuran. Currently taken Imuran 50mg and now that I have been on it for a few month I have been getting nausea every time I take it. Zofran does not even help they are talking about doing the infusion now. Im just so tired of being sick. Did this happen to anyone else?”

Anonymous January 8, 2010

“I was prescriped Imuran but had to come off it within 2 weeks due to acute depression and complete loss of appetite! But some medicines work better on other people, I think you have to find the right one for you!”

sheila01 February 6, 2010

“I have had Crohn's disease for 19 years and have been on many different medications. I have been hospitalized 6 times, where they shut down the colon to leave it to rest (no surgeries). I have taken Imuran for 7 years and until last month have only had 4 flareups to account for, my doctors put me on a steroid (not something that you want to take a lot of). For me this is usually about a 2-3 month process. Unfortunately, my thyroid has gone from hypo to hyper and my Crohn's disease and blood pressure is out of control. So my doctors have suggested I try Remicade...I have just had my second infusion, still taking Imuran, and 30mg of steroid, hoping to see some results soon.”

Anonymous November 23, 2009

“My doctor has put me on Imuran for about three weeks now and I am starting to feel some side effects such as weakness, body aches and breakouts all over my body. So far not so good with the treatment. I will be calling my doctor for sure.”

Anonymous May 21, 2008

“the imuran sometimes upsets my stomach but the doctors say it is doing the job.”

Anonymous October 23, 2008