User Reviews for Anastrozole to treat Breast Cancer, Metastatic

Also known as: Arimidex

Anastrozole Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer, Metastatic.

Reviews for Anastrozole

Kacie · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 21, 2020

Arimidex (anastrozole): “I've been taking Arimidex for 4 years for breast cancer mets. I was diagnosed with the mets to the bone in Jan/16. I'm to the point that I feel I just can't take this drug anymore, so I stopped today. I want to stop hurting so bad. I feel terrible in the morning when I try to get up. I can no longer manage steps, standing for any length of time, walking is history. I'm on major amounts of narcotics but don't get nearly as much relief as I'd like. I just can't do it anymore. My life has no quality, this drug is not worth the amount of pain it causes!! So long Arimidex!”

Andarcsom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 1, 2020

“I have been taking Anastrazole since March last year and am having terrible problems with my speech and swallowing. Really terrifying incidents of choking. I am also having problems with excessive phlegm in my throat which is worse at nights and takes time to clear. I do have Myasthenia Gravis which can cause some speech problems but I have never had the choking or the phlegm and mucus previously”

Phyllis · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 8, 2020

“My experience with Anastrozole has been beneficial. Following a double mastectomy and removal of the majority of my right arm lymph nodes, significant chemo and radiation, I started Anastrozole in 2013. None of the side effects have been too bad or debilitating, so I am very fortunate and grateful for this drug for the significant benefits. I will have to stop in a couple of years and that makes me nervous! As so many reviews here are about major issues, it's important to know that's not always the case.”

LJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 7, 2018

Arimidex (anastrozole): “I have been on Arimidex/Anastrozole with every 4 week Zometa infusion for 2 1/2 years with no side effects. After reading other reviews I feel very lucky. I am still doing weight training and boxing 2x a week. Tumor markers are increasing slowly in the last 6 months but are barely still within “normal range.”

Lisa Grace · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 17, 2017

“Was diagnosed in Aug 2014 with stage 4. Had radiation and then Anastrzole Jan 2015. Nausea for 2 weeks, joint pains still, warm showers work with alleve for me night before and one during day. Also I realized that a cane made quite a difference in hip/recovering neck surgery. I don't use it as much around house but on concrete (parking lots) areas is a must. I think the pressure was too much without it at first and delayed the healing as I am much stronger now. ***The weight gain is terrible/ 3 lbs a month and insomnia.*** Weeks watching food (that's why a 7 rating) intake/limiting no difference at all and lots of water and walking. Still feel much stronger though and breast tumors have not increased. May 16 2017 also xgeva once a month injection”

Turette March 28, 2017

“I was dx lobular/mixed Stage3A BR Ca Hercept-, Estr and Progesterone+ in Nov 2012. Had lumpectomy for 5cm tumor and 9/16 + lymph nodes. Had chemo and radiation full boat. Anastrazole is difficult but life saving. I always see the cup as half full and for me this is now more important than ever! I was 66 when diagnosed and am now 70. I do have occasional hot flashes that go away quickly. My biggest complaint is sore hands and knees. My feet also tingle but I believe that is from the Taxol chemo. I find walking and getting up out of a chair difficult. BUT I recommend swimming. I go 3-4 times a week and wow what a difference! Water aerobics are great too. Try it and do what you can and you will feel a difference. Some days better than others!”

Pinkflowersc · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 18, 2016

Arimidex (anastrozole): “Sweating stomach upsets joint back hip pain and leg pain weight gain sleeping problems headache”

Hot mumma March 20, 2015

Arimidex (anastrozole): “Was taking it for 6 months. Side affects were bad headaches every bone joint ached and stiff. Moody depressed and memory was bad. Will be going on tamoxifen hope it's not as bad.”

Anonymous March 4, 2011

“I've been on the generic anastrozole for 2 months with no side effects. I also take Zoladex every 3 months as I was pre-menopausal when I had breast cancer.”

Learn more about Breast Cancer, Metastatic