User Reviews for Anastrozole to treat Breast Cancer, Metastatic

Also known as: Arimidex

Anastrozole has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Breast Cancer, Metastatic. 44% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Anastrozole Rating Summary

6.4/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer, Metastatic.

Kacie · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 21, 2020

Arimidex (anastrozole): “I've been taking Arimidex for 4 years for breast cancer mets. I was diagnosed with the mets to the bone in Jan/16. I'm to the point that I feel I just can't take this drug anymore, so I stopped today. I want to stop hurting so bad. I feel terrible in the morning when I try to get up. I can no longer manage steps, standing for any length of time, walking is history. I'm on major amounts of narcotics but don't get nearly as much relief as I'd like. I just can't do it anymore. My life has no quality, this drug is not worth the amount of pain it causes!! So long Arimidex!”

Phyllis · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 8, 2020

“My experience with Anastrozole has been beneficial. Following a double mastectomy and removal of the majority of my right arm lymph nodes, significant chemo and radiation, I started Anastrozole in 2013. None of the side effects have been too bad or debilitating, so I am very fortunate and grateful for this drug for the significant benefits. I will have to stop in a couple of years and that makes me nervous! As so many reviews here are about major issues, it's important to know that's not always the case.”

LJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 7, 2018

Arimidex (anastrozole): “I have been on Arimidex/Anastrozole with every 4 week Zometa infusion for 2 1/2 years with no side effects. After reading other reviews I feel very lucky. I am still doing weight training and boxing 2x a week. Tumor markers are increasing slowly in the last 6 months but are barely still within “normal range.”

Andarcsom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 1, 2020

“I have been taking Anastrazole since March last year and am having terrible problems with my speech and swallowing. Really terrifying incidents of choking. I am also having problems with excessive phlegm in my throat which is worse at nights and takes time to clear. I do have Myasthenia Gravis which can cause some speech problems but I have never had the choking or the phlegm and mucus previously”

Turette March 28, 2017

“I was dx lobular/mixed Stage3A BR Ca Hercept-, Estr and Progesterone+ in Nov 2012. Had lumpectomy for 5cm tumor and 9/16 + lymph nodes. Had chemo and radiation full boat. Anastrazole is difficult but life saving. I always see the cup as half full and for me this is now more important than ever! I was 66 when diagnosed and am now 70. I do have occasional hot flashes that go away quickly. My biggest complaint is sore hands and knees. My feet also tingle but I believe that is from the Taxol chemo. I find walking and getting up out of a chair difficult. BUT I recommend swimming. I go 3-4 times a week and wow what a difference! Water aerobics are great too. Try it and do what you can and you will feel a difference. Some days better than others!”

Lisa Grace · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 17, 2017

“Was diagnosed in Aug 2014 with stage 4. Had radiation and then Anastrzole Jan 2015. Nausea for 2 weeks, joint pains still, warm showers work with alleve for me night before and one during day. Also I realized that a cane made quite a difference in hip/recovering neck surgery. I don't use it as much around house but on concrete (parking lots) areas is a must. I think the pressure was too much without it at first and delayed the healing as I am much stronger now. ***The weight gain is terrible/ 3 lbs a month and insomnia.*** Weeks watching food (that's why a 7 rating) intake/limiting no difference at all and lots of water and walking. Still feel much stronger though and breast tumors have not increased. May 16 2017 also xgeva once a month injection”

Hot mumma March 20, 2015

Arimidex (anastrozole): “Was taking it for 6 months. Side affects were bad headaches every bone joint ached and stiff. Moody depressed and memory was bad. Will be going on tamoxifen hope it's not as bad.”