User Reviews for Anastrozole

Breast Cancer
5.5

Summary of Anastrozole reviews 5.7 133 reviews

Reviews for Anastrozole

For Breast Cancer: " It affected my central nervous system by damaging the sciatic nerve. Also tiredness, increased weight, increased my osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, calcium is elevated, parathyroid hormone elevated more than 300"

Zule (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2018

For Breast Cancer: "Very bad pain in my arms, hands, fingers. Trouble sleeping. Tired."

CAF (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

For Breast Cancer: "I had a partial mastectomy, nineteen rounds of radiation from April till end of September. I am just over three years on anastrozole. Last year I woke up and the pain in my knees and legs was so sudden and severe, I could barely walk. I'm still losing my hair, am itchy, two teeth broke, weight gain, especially around my middle, where I never gained weight. Sore joints, hands, neck, back. I started feeling a little better and began practising yoga again. This was helping until my head went completely spacey. The foggy brain and groping for words, I was getting used to, but this is a spacey head. When you lie down, you grab for something to hold on to...loss of sleep also. A lot of doctors just ignore some of these symptoms, but go on any site regarding this and so many women are experiencing these symptoms. Anyone else going through this?"

Hob (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2018

For Breast Cancer: "Severe side effects: sword like shooting pain down one arm, inflamed wrists, trigger fingers on one hand, off balance, pain in one knee. Just turned 80yrs. Took anatrozole for 1 & 1/2 years. Off the drug for 8 months. Had lumpectomy in 1993; chemo & radiation, intraductal carcinoma. Neg lymph nodes. 2016 had mastectomy, same breast, estrogen & progestrin positive, oncotype 0. Oncologist said not to continue on med because of side effects and was told to exercise, take vitamins. For pain I was was on 1600 mg of Tylenol per day. Now on Comfort Max from Life Extension - no more Tylenol. I still have slight pain in wrists, finger tingling, knee pain occasionally. "

Rosa (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 26, 2018

Arimidex (anastrozole) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I have been on Arimidex/Anastrozole with every 4 week Zometa infusion for 2 1/2 years with no side effects. After reading other reviews I feel very lucky. I am still doing weight training and boxing 2x a week. Tumor markers are increasing slowly in the last 6 months but are barely still within “normal range."

LJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2018

Arimidex (anastrozole) for Breast Cancer: "Diagnosed at with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Stage 1-no lymph nodes involved. Had Lumpectomy, Brachial Therapy Radiation and 5 rounds of chemotherapy. I was ER-Positive, therefore, chemo was recommended because after Oncotype DX done, it showed I had a 16% chance of cancer coming back. I have been on Arimidex going on 7 seven years. Initially, lots of stiffness, but I hired a personal trainer, I weight train, run, and do yoga. Praise GOD, I'm doing very well and no stiffness!! Don't settle for what the drug is doing-work on you and you may be surprised how much better you will feel if you incorporate some exercise into your routine! God Bless!"

caramel53 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 4, 2018

For Breast Cancer: "In 2015 58 yr old, I was Stage 2 ER+93 PR+96 HER-neu, DC with sentinel lymphnode positive, had 6 additional lymphnodes that were attached to sentinel removed but were clear and had lumpectomy (tumor was 2.5 cm) dx in April 2015, I had 4 rounds TC and 13 Rads July 2015. Initially started on the generic Femara did great then into 10th month, had the joint pain, trigger finger, trigger thumb and knee issues. Had dry eye b/f dx. Switched t/generic Arimidex mfg TEVA-USA . Trigger finger, knee issue gone. On rx restasis, eyesight back/t 20/20 halos gone. Fast forward 1 yr later doing great, no hot flashes, hair loss, sleeping great, 1 complaint weight gain-stomach. Started having vision issues, wrist painful like trigger thumb b/ worse! ck'd label on prescription & mfg was Bluepoint-Labor and NOT TEVA. Pharmacy switched prescription 3 mo. prior & that's when problems started Had liver cleanse, started itching, whelts/ hives /scratching. Now back to TEVA & things are better, eyesight returned, but my wrist hurts, but not as bad."

Donna February 23, 2018

For Breast Cancer: "Age now, 59. Stage 2b rt side estr positive, mastectomy, chemo, rads in 2014. Tamoxifen for one year. Anastrazole for 3 months. So far, no pain, no weight gain, no hairloss (yet), some vision problems-blurry, fuzzy, spots. Will get that checked out. Flashes and insomnia have subsided. I prob need to be on it longer to determine side effects though. Very active, and a preschool teacher, so I'm glad that I haven't lost a step yet."

Mama S (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "Had a bi-lateral masectomy 9/18/17 and was told they got it all..My oncologist prescribed anastrozole and I can't bring myself to take them. There's so many horrific side effects that I think I will take my chances without this med. I'd appreciate a reply for any suggestions and what you think I should do as to whether take these pills or not .I need someone to talk to that has been hesitant as to what to do..Thank you, Bobbie"

B,J, December 3, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "Her2+, inflammatory, stage-3b breast cancer diagnosed 11/2014- on Anastrole since 08/15. Osteo-arthritis, burning scalp, whole-body tingling and numbness. Major hair loss. I have around around 2 years left on this drug. If I don't completely stop taking this drug, I am certainly going to stop taking a whole pill daily, and stop taking a daily pill. I am past ready to roll the dice on a possible recurrence."

Dumpty (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "I was only on this drug for two weeks and developed Severe swelling, redness and pain to bone above ankle, pain in thumb, reconstructed breasts felt like they were on fire and I cannot feel 4 of my toes in my right foot! I now am wearing a boot on my left foot for the swelling!"

Droske01 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "I had grade 3 Huntington ductal carcinoma in 2013 with 30 intense radiation treatments after a partial mastectomy I've been on tamoxifen since October 2013 two two and a half months ago I started anastrozole had the bone density test and now after my third week at a brand new job I have my very first broken bone of my life. After reading all of these other reviews I can't help but think that the Anastrozole is what is causing this I have also been having joint swelling and pain in my other hand and just joint pain throughout my legs getting out of bed in the morning is more painful. I've also started gaining weight this is after only being on this for 2 months this is so hard to believe but I honestly think I I'm going to stop taking this med"

Deluxevirgo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "Breast cancer diagnosed in October 2016; lumpectomy, chemo, and radiation. Started Anastrozale in May 2017. Most noted side affect -severe burning, numbness, tingling, and stiffness in my hands, along with my little finger on the right hand having a finger-hammer effect. With all of the studies in breast cancer, there must be a study on natural estrogen inhibitors. Does anyone know of such a drug? My hands burn like flame throwers!!"

KatieB43 August 12, 2017

Arimidex (anastrozole) for Breast Cancer: "The first year of taking anastrozole, I experienced hair loss, weight gain even though I was having difficulty keeping food down. It wasn't really nausea, it was more like a reaction. Itchy skin, foggy head, aches and pains. During the second year , i found one morning that I could barely walk, severe knee pain, sore legs, sore bones...this is still the case, but I started gradually to start a yoga routine, which helps some days, it doesn't erase the pain, but seems to make it more manageable. It's like a different set of side effects every few months.i will stick with it, as much as I cont want to. The surgery and radiation are two things I never want to deal with again. Good luck to all of you, keep strong!"

Hobber August 10, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "Diagnosed April 2016. Stage 2, Grade 3. Lumpectomy. I finished doxorubicin hydrochloride (Adriamycin) and cyclophosphamide, followed by treatment with paclitaxel (Taxol) - ACT regime in October 2016, and then radiation, Jan 2017. I was 100% estrogen positive and 90% progesterone positive. I was HR negative. I refused the anastrozole, at first, but since I have been taking one pill every other day. I have been taking it for 4 months. I am 66. I have trouble sleeping (never previously) My energy has decreased. My muscles in my back, are stiff along with my joints. I think I am retaining fluid in my limbs; not sure. I've gained 7 pounds. Sometimes my fingers lock and then snap; weird. I'm praying and trying to eat all the cancer killing foods; quite a regiment."

runabun July 25, 2017

Arimidex (anastrozole) for Breast Cancer: "I have been taking Aridimex for 4.5 years, coming up on my 5 year post treatment check up. Side effects for me have been; hot flashes, neuropathy, intense joint pain, insomnia and 30% loss of bone density. I take 2 ibuprofen daily to manage pain and power through. New clinical data indicate staying on longer may reduce risk further. I was so looking forward to getting off this drug, not sure how I feel about that."

Gigglemom (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2017

Arimidex (anastrozole) for Breast Cancer: "I took one pill. ONE. Within 12 hours I began itching from head to toe. In 24 hours I was in the emergency room with a terrible rash all over me. It was so bad and it was raised so high you could almost measure it with a ruler! I didn't want to scratch first. I had to get two shots in my belly, was put on oral prednisone for two weeks (which then calls for a slow wean-off of the drug), a prescription topical medicine and over-the-counter medicines. The rash hung around for almost three weeks. I'm allergic to sulfa and all NSAIDS, but my doctor wasn't sure what is in this drug to cause this reaction. He put me on tamoxifen next, which I took for 7 years but the cancer came back. I am now on letrozole with no problems except joint pain."

voter (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "Been taking anastrozole for approximately two and one half years. First year hot flashes but no other problems. Started the joint pain about a year ago, tiredness, swelling and problems listed by other users. Most worrisome side affect is the loss of lung function. I have had Pulmonary Fibrosis for several years but until about a year ago have been able to live with the condition with no major problems. Told several doctors about my problems with breathing but none have suggested it was anastrozole until my Pharm D told me pulmomary odema was also a side effect of the drug. Left a message with my oncologist this morning that I was going to stop taking the drug. Have an appointment with my pulmonologist next week for an evaluation."

over 68 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 24, 2017

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "Was diagnosed in Aug 2014 with stage 4. Had radiation and then Anastrzole Jan 2015. Nausea for 2 weeks, joint pains still, warm showers work with alleve for me night before and one during day. Also I realized that a cane made quite a difference in hip/recovering neck surgery. I don't use it as much around house but on concrete (parking lots) areas is a must. I think the pressure was too much without it at first and delayed the healing as I am much stronger now. ***The weight gain is terrible/ 3 lbs a month and insomnia.*** Weeks watching food (that's why a 7 rating) intake/limiting no difference at all and lots of water and walking. Still feel much stronger though and breast tumors have not increased. May 16 2017 also xgeva once a month injection"

Lisa Grace (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "Diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago. Took 15 double radiation treatments and been on Anastrozole for 5 years. When I finish this prescription I will be through. I must be the lucky one. I had no side affects other than the normal aches and pains that happen to older people. I had a friend who would not take this and she lived 3 months after her surgery. If the doctor says you need it, please take it."

DottieLu (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2017

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I was dx lobular/mixed Stage3A BR Ca Hercept-, Estr and Progesterone+ in Nov 2012. Had lumpectomy for 5cm tumor and 9/16 + lymph nodes. Had chemo and radiation full boat. Anastrazole is difficult but life saving. I always see the cup as half full and for me this is now more important than ever! I was 66 when diagnosed and am now 70. I do have occasional hot flashes that go away quickly. My biggest complaint is sore hands and knees. My feet also tingle but I believe that is from the Taxol chemo. I find walking and getting up out of a chair difficult. BUT I recommend swimming. I go 3-4 times a week and wow what a difference! Water aerobics are great too. Try it and do what you can and you will feel a difference. Some days better than others!"

Turette March 28, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "I am on this drug for 10 months now. The negative effects I believe can be reversed if other supplements are taken along with it. I say this because I take them everyday and so far, the only bad effect is having cognitive dysfunction and other than that I have no joint pain, thinning hair, depression etc. BTW, the large mass in my right breast have decreased in size dramatically because I topically apply DMSO every night and take Iodoral(50mg) once a day. These are the supplements/vitamins I take daily: 9,000mg. Vit.C, 2,000mg. MSM, IP6/Inositol 24 capsules, Vit D3, Vit. K2, Boron, DMG, Potassium, Ferrous Sulfate, Magnesium, Strontium, Copper, Zinc, Vit B17(3x), and Powdered Hydrolized Collagen."

jessbf March 18, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "Hello, I was diagnosed May 7,2016, had a single mastectomy on 5/23, that put me to have IDC stage 2 grade 3 onco diagnostic score of 29. I went through chemo four AC and 12 taxol. A lot of side effects including blood clots in my medi port, heart and lung, white blood cells extremely low, sent me to the hospital for four days, I was put on xarelto for the blood clots. I was finally able to complete my chemo Dec 16,2016. My onco started me on anastrozole in Feb 2017, and after just 10 days I stopped them, it was not much bc of the bone pain, tiredness, etc, but because my mood was so horrible, I was just snapping a people for no reason and I didn't like that. She said 50/50 chance, then I'll take my chance."

Boricua63 March 16, 2017

Arimidex (anastrozole) for Breast Cancer: "I took the Arimidex for five years, three years in I began having serious issues in my hands. Trigger finger in both hands. Two years after stopping the medication, I am still having serious issues with my hands. The side effects are accumulative, and I decided to discontinue taking it."

survived February 28, 2017

For Breast Cancer: "I have been taking Anastrozole for 2 years 2 months following a double mastectomy, Chemo, & radiation. I had trigger thumb surgeries on both thumbs the first year. I am a dentist, so not being able to bend my thumbs is not an option. My hair is very thin. My knees are so sore I can hardly walk when I first get up. Getting down on my knees is excruciating! I am an active person but I move like a 90 year old woman. I am thankful to be alive and thankful that this medication is available. However, if anyone knows how to help the knee pain, please share."

Dr H (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2017