User Reviews for Lastacaft

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Lastacaft.

Conjunctivitis, Allergic
5.7

Not Listed / Other
5.3

2 reviews
Summary of Lastacaft reviews 5.7 21 reviews

Reviews for Lastacaft

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "Great eye drop. The irritating itches and redness in my eye went away in a few minutes every time when I used it. I have been using this eye drop for >2 years now!"

Lanipac August 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "Lastacaft is a dangerous medication that should be off the market! I have used it on 4 isolated occasions and it took me 5th time of burning my eye and severe allergic reaction to pinpoint the culprit. I threw away and replaced all my skincare and make up, went to the ophthalmologist at least 8 visits; used steroid medicine to clear this up. This drop is horrible and dangerous. I paid 200$ out of pocket for it and triple that to be treated to clear side effects. I am so angry I used it again today and burnt my eyes yet again; look bloody red and swollen! It will take 3-4 days again to feel better. DO NOT USE!"

Saar74 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "I was prescribed Lastacaft twice a day and antibiotic drops 3 times a day (Doc said it was Viral Infection). After 8 days of use I thought I was healed. So I stopped use. A week and 1/2 later for my follow-up appt., the Doc recommended that I continue to use Lastacaft for 2 months. I was feeling fine so I waited a few days to start-up again w/ Lastacaft. I put the drops in one afternoon & ended up taking a nap and woke up with RED SWOLLEN EYES and a disgusting film that was gelatin like and almost looked like a worm! I called the doc and he said it was fine to continue. 6 days gone by I tell him it's gotten worse, even the whites of my eyes look deformed w/ swollen pockets. My eyes clear up a little when I discontinue use of Lastacaft."

My Eyes! (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The product sample worked great. However, when I went to fill my prescription, even WITH insurance, the cost was $100 per bottle. You should be ASHAMED!!"

BrendaKG May 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "Ive spent a lifetime with itchy, watery eyes. Even had surgery to open my tear ducts and the tears still ran down my face. A friend recommended these and let me try them before spending the big bucks. I IMMEDIATELY had relief that I haven't had in years! Luckily my insurance covers it and I'm only out $20, but I would honestly spend whatever it takes to have this stuff. I can finally wear eye makeup and keep it on more than an hour, and people have stopped asking me why I'm crying."

Watery eyes (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "I'm a contact lense wearer and also have an eye allergy. I have to apply the LastCaft 15 minutes prior to inserting my lenses in the morning. Even though I wear daily disposables, I would not be able to wear contacts without these eye drops. I highly recommend them but they are also about $60 for a sample size bottle. This cost is with my Blue Cross insurance. I can afford it but I wonder if any research is being done to create a generic of the same product. I have researched this online but I have not found anything."

PCanady September 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication is causing intense pain in my eyes. I would not recommend."

Anonymous April 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "I have a combination of dry eyes and allergies. Started these drops on Jan 22, 2015 and have already felt some relief from that scratchy feeling in my eyes, especially my right one. Doc said I wouldn't notice an immediate difference, but I do feel much better. I'm just appalled at the price of the drops (hence a 6 rating)."

bendifrin January 24, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "Used this a month ago for allergic conjunctivitis. Thought it worked. Have allergic conjunctivitis again. Used this product and like others my eyes are swollen and blood red. Hope to see Allergist tomorrow for help."

TX5383 September 21, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "I was prescribed Lastacaft for severe eye allergies. They did a good job at first, but after about a week my eyes became red, swollen and irritated again. After going back to my doctor and telling her that the Lastacaft didn't seem to be effective for me any longer, she prescribed Bepreve. This worked fabulously and I had been using it religiously until I unexpectedly ran out of it early. I had some of the Lastacaft left, and since I wasn't having severe allergies at the time I figured using it would hold me over until I could get the Bepreve refilled. I used it once and woke up the next morning looking like I had conjunctivitis in both eyes - awful. I can only surmise that I'm either allergic or highly sensitive to Lastacaft."

Manda O. (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "A week after using Lastacaft, like with some of the other reviewers, I thought I had conjunctivitis and went in to see the doctor, indicating that it started after using the drops. He said it was due to dry eye issues and being around a lot of dust/debris, which made sense at the time. The antibiotic drops did the trick, but I was told to keep using Lastacaft, and sure enough, the redness returned. I continued with the just the antibiotics and I was back to normal. Well, this morning, I thought I'd start with Lastacaft again, since the doctor indicated that they weren't the problem, and I'm back to having pink eye. "

J.S.L. July 26, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "Applied after bathing at bedtime. Relief of eye itching was achieved totally in minutes. Bothersome tearing was all but gone by the morning. Lasted about 16 hours on heavy pollen count day. Not covered by insurance, but I will spend to buy anyway."

BusyMami (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "I have been using Lastacaft for about two weeks. My ophthalmologist said to try an over the counter medication called Zaditor when the sample he gave me ran out since it is expensive even with insurance. So on Monday I started the Zaditor and my eyes starting burning once again. I gave up today and bought the more expensive, but better working, Lastacaft."

Zaditor March 28, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "Like the other reviewers below, I had a moderately severe allergic reaction to lastacaft. My eyes became very red and moderately swollen. Symptoms subsided within a day of discontinuing treatment."

Anonymous June 9, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "Initially I really liked this medication. Much less initial sting after application than the drops I used before. However, after about two weeks of use, I had an allergic reaction that caused my eyes to appear as if I had conjunctivitis. Didn't realize it was the Lastacaft and went to the doctor for anti-biotic drops. After my eyes cleared up in two or three days, I again applied Lastacaft and immediately looked like my eyeballs were bleeding. My vision got blurry and my eyes were very sensitive to light. I am one of the <4% with an allergic reaction. "

Anonymous January 12, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "I used them and within 6 hours my eyes swelled almost shut, and cheeks puffed up. 2 weeks later I still have red watery eyes, but thankfully the swelling is finally gone. I will never use this product again (obviously), but it is also incredibly expensive. I have never had an allergic reaction to any medication before so this was very unexpected."

Anonymous November 30, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "Nothing else worked for me. I tried Pataday and Bepreve before and Lastacaft blew it out of the water. Super fast acting and I only use it less than once per day. My doctor loves this and I will stick with it for life. My eyes used to be red and itch all day and now they are clear and comfortable. Love it!"

Or odd November 2, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "I LOVED these drops at first. Even was able to cut back on my nasal allergy medicine. However, after a month I had a terrible reaction to it and ended up looking like I had pink eye in both eyes, in addition to swollen horribly itchy eyelids. My luck, allergic to the allergy medicine. Don't panic if this happens to you, it'll go away in a couple of days."

Anonymous October 27, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "This has done wonders on my severe eye allergies. It doesn't sting at all but has almost a cooling sensation for about a minute after using the drops. It works really well and quickly."

Anonymous September 20, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "Have tried so many medicines to help my dry eye. I mentioned to my Doctor that during allergy season my eyes were worse so he prescribed Lastacaft. I tried it right in the office and again the next day. Have been using it for 5 days now and have not had to use ANY other drops for dry eye! This is amazing as I was using drops multiple times a day. This doesn't burn or itch but does kind of feel like I've used a cooling liquid in my eye, sort of like menthol but it disappears within about a minute. Great product."

sharpasice June 10, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic "The drop works pretty fast, however it makes my eyes feel tingly. That's as scientific of an explanation as I can come up with."

Anonymous March 29, 2011