User Reviews for Albuterol / ipratropium

Also known as: Combivent, Combivent Respimat, DuoNeb

Learn more about Albuterol/ipratropium.

COPD, Maintenance 21 reviews 46 medications

7.6
Summary of Albuterol/ipratropium reviews 21 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Albuterol/ipratropium

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have had constant problems with the new apparatus. Turning it to get it ready is hard for my arthritic hands. Half the time I accidently hit the button and send a puff into the air making me have to turn it again to get another puff again. I never coughed when the old one delivered its dosage but this one makes me cough immediagely. What's with that? I even have trouble getting the lid open. I just hate it."

GardenerFran (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 29, 2016

DuoNeb (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I was prescribed to use this product every 4 hours it helps me especially in the morning and during the day"

Dennis. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2016

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "For those who prefer Combivent and can't get it, be advised it is still available in Mexico over the counter by it's brand name. So if you have a friend who go's there, they can bring it back for you....Another option is to use Atrovent and Albuterol inhalers together as prescribed by your doctor as I do......As the U.S, drug companies charge a lot for Atrovent. BTW Regular Albuterol / Salbutamal Inhalers are less than $10. each when ordering UK Generics"

John In Chicago (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2016

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I'm 1 month in on trying this respimat. It's terrible. I see the specialist tomorrow, and I went back on my morning once a day spariva. I used the combivent inhaler for extremely bad attacks where I might only use it 3-4 times in a month and it was a life saver for me. It WAS my safety net..I hope they go back to the combivent inhaler."

ezzcat May 31, 2015

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for : "The design of the new inhaler needs to be changed. I noticed when the twist mechanism stops and says it has zero doses left, there is still plenty medicine left in the capsule. Either increase the amount of twists the inhaler can do or change it back to something less mechanical, like the old push inhalers."

Nolan jacko May 13, 2015

For COPD, Maintenance: "My elderly mother was given this in hospital for copd. Horrible side effect of total confusion! Caution in elderly patients!!!"

ManniePA January 14, 2015

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I love the Combivent Respimat. I'll admit it was a little different at first but once the pharmacist instructed me I was fine. I even like it better now than the old one."

Johnny F (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2014

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Switched from Symbicort. Combivent works much better than Symbicort or Albuterol for me. My wheezing is allergy induced. Ipratropium addresses the allergic component. Seems wetter than other inhalers which helps delivery."

DogLover-2800 August 25, 2014

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I am a veteran and also retired from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. I have been using inhalers since 1986. I have to tell you, this is one of the most difficult inhalers to use. It takes two good hands to use. Think about all the Veterans returning from combat with missing upper and or lower extremities. Think about going back to the drawing board."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2013

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Respirmat has been a bad replacement for combivent. It has a short time relief for breathing."

Ronnsden (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2013

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have used it since 1998. It is the only product that works for me ....now they discontinued the product and use respirmat. The drug does not work for me at all. I sure wish combivent was back."

Ronnsplace October 29, 2013

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I could not live without Combivent. Now they come up with this Combivent Respimat, takes half a container to finally get the hang of it and its $238.00. Need to find something else for me because I cannot afford this every month."

clifeez (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2013

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I've been on Combivent for years and then had an allergic reaction to it which put me in the ER. Had severe skin burning and itching all over. Now have to stop it. It did help my breathing so not happy about this allergic reaction happening to me."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2012

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Works great initially especially if you are congested but after a couple of weeks now does nothing. Maybe my body just got too used to it? Does nothing now. Notice the drug interactions, doctor and pharmacist didn't say anything. Can make your heart race as well."

Anonymous September 6, 2011

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I was given this medication in the ER (breathing treatment) . It worked wonders for me, it immediately open up my lungs so that I could breath. What a relief!!"

Anonymous May 20, 2011

For COPD, Maintenance: "I am recovering from the flu (worst flu ever). I usually use ADVAIR. However, with all the mucus I have in my lungs the Advair doesn't seem to work as well so my Doctor gave me a combination of albuterol and ipratropium. I wasn't sure how well this would work. Turns out it opened up my lungs and I don't feel like I'm drowning in my chest congestion. Also using an expectorant to help rid my lungs of excess mucus from this illness. Looking forward to getting healthy again. Medicine tastes bad but well worth the results. Looking forward to getting back to good health. Nothing like unobstructed breathing. Clear Lung Power to all."

easy-breather February 12, 2011

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I began Combivent, doubting it at first, but was so glad my family doctor told me about it. It has helped me tremendously. I am so relieved to have it. "

Kimmy68 March 15, 2010

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "If you have Asthma and a chest cold, Combivent clears the mucus from your airways so you can breathe. I only gave it 9 out of 10 because it tastes AWFUL!"

Wheeziegirl December 16, 2009

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "This inhaler has made such a difference in my breathing. I wish my doctor would have prescribed it years ago!!"

Driverguy November 2, 2009

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I've been using Combivent since 2000 up to now but not on a regular basis, only during severe asthma attack and it gives immediate relief."

nuh August 14, 2009

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Has been a very good drug for my asthma."

Anonymous June 2, 2009

DuoNeb (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I strongly feel without DuoNeb every four hours up to five times a day I would no longer be here. I qualify for a lung transplant but because of my reaction to steroids this is the next best thing along with Serevent twice a day."

Anonymous May 10, 2008