User Reviews for Albuterol/ipratropium

COPD, Maintenance
6.7

Reviews for Albuterol/ipratropium

Anonymous April 22, 2021

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “Well... I have found a workaround for the inhaler not giving you the correct amount of dosages. If you are crafty open up the clear part of the inhaler and and remove the threaded part including the red pointer and small piece above so it won't lock on you, put it all back together, give it a good shake, and twist it normally with the inhaler straight up and down and push the button, it's been my experience that it's should last almost another week at least. But remember you will have no indication when it does actually run out so have a back up when leaving the house. Shush don't tell anyone. I'm only telling because my inhaler would not give me the number of doses as advertised I got tired of running out and the pharmacist would not refill. Hope this helps you”

Poldark · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 19, 2021

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I have been taking this med for 5 years. I didn't realize this medication reduces potassium levels and can cause uncontrollable muscle spasms. THAT SIDE EFFECT SHOULD BE MADE MUCH MORE CLEAR because I have had uncontrollable toe spasms at night for 5 years and haven't had a good night sleep in all that time. I stopped taking this med 3 days ago and the spasms stopped. I now can sleep without interruption.”

MK · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 11, 2021

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “This was a very nice non-steroidal inhaler for six or seven years. Then it started wearing out in the last week of each monthly inhaler. I would start a new one, alternating with the old one. It seemed that the last 40 doses out of 120 were erratic in dosage. The last two inhalers seem to have problems with the spring mechanism, also erratic and in addition to the dosage problem. I have about 4 years of used inhalers, with dates and notes. I suspect they started with a new supplier a few years back.”

clifeez · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 1, 2013

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I could not live without Combivent. Now they come up with this Combivent Respimat, takes half a container to finally get the hang of it and its $238.00. Need to find something else for me because I cannot afford this every month.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 3, 2013

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I am a veteran and also retired from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. I have been using inhalers since 1986. I have to tell you, this is one of the most difficult inhalers to use. It takes two good hands to use. Think about all the Veterans returning from combat with missing upper and or lower extremities. Think about going back to the drawing board.”

Anonymous May 10, 2008

DuoNeb (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I strongly feel without DuoNeb every four hours up to five times a day I would no longer be here. I qualify for a lung transplant but because of my reaction to steroids this is the next best thing along with Serevent twice a day.”

KAY D. · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 16, 2018

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I have had continuing problems with Combivent Respimat. It is supposed to have 120 doses for the month but has typically not lasted a full month. Last year 2017 it averaged less than 25 days. For May and June of 2018 it barely lasts two weeks and I am left without medication for the remainder of the month. Something is wrong with this product. I have talked to the company, sent them the defective inhalers but the problem persists.”

Jen · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 24, 2020

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “My doctor switched me to this Combivent Respimat inhaler after I contacted her because I couldn't breathe. She wanted me to go hospital, but I refused, due to COVID-19. She put me on steroids, antibiotics (one week), Combivent & gave me an oximeter ( with instructions that if my oxygen level goes down to 90, that I'm to go to emergency room. As soon as I got inhaler, used it, within 15 minutes I started coughing stuff up (phlegm) which I've done every morning. However this was different. 2.5 hours later, no coughing. I might cough now & then, but nothing like before! Plus, I am now able to really take a breath in and blow me nose! This has changed my life! I've heard people complain about the taste, or getting dizzy, etc. Thats temporary. I've got my life back!”

BooneDocks · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2019

DuoNeb (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “Started three weeks ago and except for initial jitters the first few days, it has been helpful. Can't afford all those other COPD drugs, and my coughing was getting much worse. Fortunately my PCP recommended I try this ( not sure why the pulmonologist didn't - it is beyond me). Using 4x daily. Came here checking for side effects because I am constipated, which is really unusual for me. Not listed as a side effect here.”

Anonymous September 6, 2011

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “Works great initially especially if you are congested but after a couple of weeks now does nothing. Maybe my body just got too used to it? Does nothing now. Notice the drug interactions, doctor and pharmacist didn't say anything. Can make your heart race as well.”

Jokell · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 4, 2019

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “Combivent does wonders but like others have said I have a problem with the inhaler itself it never lasts the whole month because I've kept a log and never get the 120 dosages I'm supposed to get and each one is different. So each month at the end I am left without because the pharmacy will not refill it yet.”

DogLover-2800 August 25, 2014

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “Switched from Symbicort. Combivent works much better than Symbicort or Albuterol for me. My wheezing is allergy induced. Ipratropium addresses the allergic component. Seems wetter than other inhalers which helps delivery.”

Sj · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “This drug about killed me! It worsened my condition and had to go to ER on Christmas Eve the second day I had taken it. I was down for 1 week put on antibiotics and prednisone. Eight months later my lungs are worse off than previous to taking this medication. It has obviously caused by lungs more damage.”

Cliffy May 25, 2018

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “Without a doubt combivent is absolutely the BEST inhaler on the market. Has both an anticholinergic drug (ipratropium bromide) AND a short acting beta agonist (albuterol) in one inhaler. Works considerably better (for me at least) than using separate Spireva (tiotropium bromide) and albuterol inhalers. The only "down side" is the taste is not good, but the effectiveness improvement is well worth it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 8, 2012

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I've been on Combivent for years and then had an allergic reaction to it which put me in the ER. Had severe skin burning and itching all over. Now have to stop it. It did help my breathing so not happy about this allergic reaction happening to me.”

GardenerFran · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 29, 2016

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I have had constant problems with the new apparatus. Turning it to get it ready is hard for my arthritic hands. Half the time I accidently hit the button and send a puff into the air making me have to turn it again to get another puff again. I never coughed when the old one delivered its dosage but this one makes me cough immediagely. What's with that? I even have trouble getting the lid open. I just hate it.”

ezzcat May 31, 2015

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I'm 1 month in on trying this respimat. It's terrible. I see the specialist tomorrow, and I went back on my morning once a day spariva. I used the combivent inhaler for extremely bad attacks where I might only use it 3-4 times in a month and it was a life saver for me. It WAS my safety net..I hope they go back to the combivent inhaler.”

John In Chicago · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 8, 2016

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “For those who prefer Combivent and can't get it, be advised it is still available in Mexico over the counter by it's brand name. So if you have a friend who go's there, they can bring it back for you....Another option is to use Atrovent and Albuterol inhalers together as prescribed by your doctor as I do......As the U.S, drug companies charge a lot for Atrovent. BTW Regular Albuterol / Salbutamal Inhalers are less than $10. each when ordering UK Generics”

easy-breather February 12, 2011

For COPD, Maintenance: “I am recovering from the flu (worst flu ever). I usually use ADVAIR. However, with all the mucus I have in my lungs the Advair doesn't seem to work as well so my Doctor gave me a combination of albuterol and ipratropium. I wasn't sure how well this would work. Turns out it opened up my lungs and I don't feel like I'm drowning in my chest congestion. Also using an expectorant to help rid my lungs of excess mucus from this illness. Looking forward to getting healthy again. Medicine tastes bad but well worth the results. Looking forward to getting back to good health. Nothing like unobstructed breathing. Clear Lung Power to all.”

Nolan jacko May 13, 2015

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium): “The design of the new inhaler needs to be changed. I noticed when the twist mechanism stops and says it has zero doses left, there is still plenty medicine left in the capsule. Either increase the amount of twists the inhaler can do or change it back to something less mechanical, like the old push inhalers.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2020

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I don't have COPD, but I was having severe bronchospasms with my asthma and my doctor prescribed this. It kept me out of the hospital. I could breathe so much better after he prescribed this, that I actually managed to get to sleep. I am just starting on it, but the difference is definitely noticeable. The only issue I has was with the inhaler itself - it seems to have issues. The pharmacist even struggled with helping me to get it to work. Now that it is working finally, I am glad to have it as my new medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 9, 2017

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “Not real impressed don't know if anyone else has had this issue but when it gets to the red mark stops dispensing medicine, and of course can't get it replaced. Also has been a few times when it didn't seem like any thing was coming out so had to double the dose so than you have most of that months wasted.Not happy at all have to wait for refill because of course you can only get one a month at a time so than you have to go without your medicine real fun fighting to breath. Company really needs to go back to the designers and come up with a better dispenser.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 15, 2017

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I used to take Combivent aerosol inhaler and it was wonderful. They decided to make it non aerosol and it does not work. First off anyone without two hands, or arthritis, or wrist issues could not even work the inhaler thats WRONG. I have 2 good hands, thank goodness, but The inhaler malfunctions all the time. At first lots comes out, then slowly less and less over a month until I get no med. it doesn't help like it used to. Clogs up. Runs out before it says empty due to waste because of design flaws. I hate it. I don't even pay for it! Those paying hundreds-thats messed up its not worth $10 now.”

Pharmacist · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2019

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium): “I was give combivent for bronchitis and it’s not the easiest inhaler to assemble. The mist chokes you when you try to inhale, so you don’t get any benefit from the drug. The only reason I can see the company developing the Respimat is because there can be no Generic for some time. I don’t know what they told the doctors but they (doctors) just need to write Rx for the Generic of Combivent inhaler.”

Lenlen2 May 9, 2017

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “It was my first time to use combivent. I was able to sleep well because I am not coughing the whole night though I have a hard time breathing as if there is something heavy on my chest and i feel so tired. Thanks to this article I just found out I belong to the 2% who experience such side effects..”

Queen of all things · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2017

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “At first I loved it because I had been smoking for years with asthma. Am I bad? However when I quit smoking before, my lungs returned to normal. Combivent was a miracle at first, but now that I've quit again I still need to use it. I want to wean myself off but feel that there's something in it that requires or has made my body dependent on it, if that makes sense. So in the short term, it's great. Long term: well, I'm on here because I have my doubts. I have great insurance and was floored when I found out what some people have to pay.”

Pete · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 13, 2019

Combivent Respimat (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “I have COPD, going on 7 years and have used the Combivent Respimat since being diagnosed. I was on oxygen at first, ask to be removed from it, the Combivent was directed to be used 4 times a day, or as needed. I only used it 2 times for the first couple of years. I was also put on a maintenance inhaler, Advair FHA that I didn't bother using, didn't seem to help. Suddenly I read that Combivent has a class action lawsuit because they were not honest with how many puffs for each inhaler. I have had good results with it, up until the last 3 months, I have no problem using it, except now about every other time I twist it, I can't get it to expel the mist, if I turn it a bit more, it expels it before I can get it to my mouth. ...take care all!”

Rose · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2018

Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: “My upper gums are bleeding. So I am discontinuing combivent for a week to see if it makes any difference. Other than that I have been able to take deep breaths for the first time in years! I have only taken combivent about 6 weeks. Already breathe freer. I noticed the difference after only two days.”