User Reviews for Epiduo

Learn more about Epiduo.

Epiduo Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 402 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

"I am on the 7th week of using this product. At 28 and having always suffered hormonal acne breakouts l, I was desperate to find something to be rid of my acne without using contraceptive pills. I used Epiduo at night, spreading sparingly and only on the affected areas. Yes it's gets dry, but it does clear the spots. Week by week my skin appears better, then not so good, then better again. I'm persevering as it's recommended that over 8 weeks it will improve. I feel positive about this product, it hasn't caused burning or redness but can be slightly itchy against my pillow so I apply early evening and sleep on a clean towel over my pillow. I would recommend this product but be sure to give it time."

Kirst20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started using epiduo and I suffered really badly at school and now it has all disappeared and I get the occasional spot but thats when I eat unhealthily"

angeline123 September 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Epiduo burned my skin and made it peel and gave me acne scars all along my jaw and cheeks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribe for epiduo for mild reoccuring acne and now on my 3rd day. Tips: As advised by my dermatologist, apply only small amount (size like a mongo seed) and spread it thinly to your face avoiding lip and eye area. If causing irritation or stinging, then apply it every other night, once your face get use to It, then apply it every night. Use sunscreen in the morning and good moisturizer but avoid applying those when apply epiduo. So far my small bumps are clearing. It is hard for me but I have to stop applying make up which really makes me uncomfortable as I cannot hide my bumps but I know this will be worth it. I'm applying this while taking antibiotic as prescribed. Lastly, be patient and give yourself time to improve."

Swishswish September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took acutane for 6 months when I was in high school for chest and back acne. Fast forward, I'm 22 and my chest acne was returning at a quick rate. I had a new pimple almost every day and that left 4 huge red and painful marks on my chest. My friend had tried epiduo but sadly it didn't help her so she let me try it. And in SEVEN days of applying it in the morning and night my chest has completely cleared. I read a lot of reviews that it did not help people, but actually hurt them. My chest suffered no pain but I'm sure chest skin and face skin are very different. I even used it as a spot treatment near my mouth and it cleared up in a couple days. I am so glad I found epiduo because it's helped me so much"

A1235 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It burned and my skin got really dry in the beginning but after the first 2-3 weeks my skin got used to it and its awesome! I've seen a huge difference in the 5 months I've been using it. I don't have as many breakouts s before and right when a pimple shows up I put on epiduo and its practically gone the next morning. If it stings a lot or your skin peels, skip it for a day or two and then continue using it."

elena98 September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is only my 3rd week on the cream. Based on the other reviews, I am almost out of the "storming phase". I have seen an overall improvement and only got a few days of bad break outs. Initially I stopped wearing makeup because I wanted to gel to soak in. I tried wearing makeup yesterday and it stung so bad I had to take it off. My skin has gotten very dry and this morning, for the first time since using this product, I'm seeing the dry patches. I used the Cetephail daily moisturizer that everyone was recommending, it stung initially but visually took all flakes away!! I am very hopeful and am already noticing a decline in acne! I will write again in another few weeks!"

WestCoast49 September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"27 year old suffering from adult acne. I've been under Accutane twice in the past for 6 months each but relapsed both the times. So this time I was prescribed Epiduo. I didn't get any redness or itching but my acne got 10x worse. My acne is usually concentrated in the cheeks but after epiduo I got newer ones in the jawline and forehead as well. The purge stage lasted for around 2 months but I stuck with it and now I'm acne free and only left with scarring. I don't apply it all over the face, only in the acne prone areas and I've noticed the scars have also started fading gradually. Happy with this product so far."

Nitara (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Epiduo has changed my life. I am a 30 year old women always suffered from acne breakouts especially at that time of the month. My doctor prescribed me Epiduo 3 months ago to use once a night he advised me it wouldn't work over night and to give it time. Within 4 weeks my skin completely cleared up and I haven't had another spot since. The first week I suffered red dry skin so I used Sudocrem and persevered, my skin soon got used to it and now I use it every night as part of my routine. I hardly have any dark red marks left and I've never been happier. Give it a go and give it time. :-)"

Kimzzz September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on accutane for 6 months and after that my skin was super clear for almost a year then my skin started getting oily and I started to get small skin colored bumps all over my face literally everywhere and after 4 days with epiduo my skin feels even better than it felt after accutane I've taken epiduo before I took accutane and it wasn't effective at all and all what it did was burn my skin. But the second time after accutane it cleared me up so fast without even burning the doctor put me on it for 2 months and my skin is back to perfect after 4 days"

Kareemhasan August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The only RX that treats my acne immediately and empties my pores of all impurities. When I skip a few weeks of using my acne comes back. It does make your skin itch a little when you first put it on but it goes away as you sleep. People experiencing burning and redness (stay out of the direct sun light and no sun lamps!!) only use once a day or less! This stuff truly does work like a miracle on my skin. Sucks my insurance never wants to cover it!"

Chickdee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I bought this gel a few years ago and stopped using it as it wasn't that effective on my skin. However recently I started applying this along with a few other products and it was great. For me, I find it most effective when I apply it twice a day on the painful cystic pimple (normally on my nose). I wash the acne prone areas on my face with a wash that has salicylic acid 2%, then use a toner with witch hazel or a cotton pad soaked with pure green tea. I apply retinoid, let it sink in and then I apply Epiduo on those areas. I think it's important to use it as spot treatment if you're overly sensitive like me. If you're feeling dry I apply a cream with hydrocortisone over it at the end. My pimple bump disappeared in two days."

J45636J August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The doctor prescibed epiduo as a 27 yr old I have never suffered from acne and it has just come out of no where in the past couple of months. After reading reviews I cannot believe how I have the same experience using this as a lot of people! Yes it gets rid of the spots but.. At first it was fine slight burning after the 4th day of using it (only once at night) my skin was worse than acne! I have never been in so much pain on my face! Red! Itching rash! I am stopping from using this now as it feels like someone has scrapped the skin off of my face ! The doctors should warn us about this before prescribing!!!"

Saz9000 August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I first started using epiduo (roughly 2 years ago) I really struggled with dry, red, cracking skin. I was worried about the reaction and read a lot of reviews, many of which said "the redness and dryness stick around for 3 months and after that it works perfectly". In my experience, this was exactly right. After 3 months of the dry, cracking skin, my skin had adjusted and I had far fewer (and less severe) breakouts. At the time I was taking Doxycycline which eventually became ineffective and I've since been on the contraceptive pill for roughly 1.5 years. Epiduo is excellent for preventing small, bacterial pimples and my skin is noticeably worse when I don't use epiduo for a while."

Aus10901 August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My daughter is 12 y/o and had mild pimples on the forehead and nose area. Sought consultation with a dermatologist and was prescribed with this medication to be used once at night time. No changes after nearly a week her face that used to be free from pimples is now covered with small pimples and has turned red with some inflammation too. Really frustrating and feeling really bad for my tweener. Too young to suffer this kind of side effect from a medication that's suppose to be helpful!!!! Not using this product ever again!!!!"

Milcah Waltheer (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started 4 days ago and already seeing results! Only thing that Has bothered me is the dry sensation around the nose (no dryness was visible but I felt it when smiling) Definitely worth it! Not expensive either!!!"

Phoenixjj August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had fairly mild acne, but when I went to the doctors it had been flaring up, and looked quite bacterial. When I first started using it I was happy, as it appeared to clear up my spots in less than a week, but after maybe the third use (I was using it once per night) I noticed my skin was very dry, but was not too worried as this is a known side effect. Unfortunately, the dryness only got worse, even when I used it after moisturiser, and even stopped using it. It got to the point where my skin was so dry and irritated that it was bright red, and I could barely splash water in my face without it stinging. If I used cleanser my face would sting so badly I cried. It took 3 weeks to clear up, and I was left with chemically burnt skin."

Abitust (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used to use Adapalene only which was very slow acting, up to 4 weeks to see results. After doing some research, I told my Doctor to give me Epiduo. Within a day, redness and pimples had reduced dramatically. I go through periods where I don't use the gel due to laziness and my acne comes back again. However as soon as I use it again, my skin is clear within a matter of days. I'm not sure about how well Epiduo is for a long term acne solution but I know if you want immediate affects then use this product."

Since2012 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Definitely this helped me treat my acne. It cleared out the skin gradually and I didn't have any irritation or redness with it"

VaniRamp August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Epiduo has worked for me tremendously. I was having cystic acne . It was getting bad , I had a reoccurring spot above my lip . Extremely painful . The epiduo gel exposed the core of the infection brought it to the surface dried and cleared and healed nicely . Hasn't been back since . 1. This medicine brought all reoccurring pimples to the surface , drained .. sore gross I know . Then it dried it out minimized site like over night . And I believe helped it heal with way less scarring than without intervention . 2. It dries out skin . Sloughes off all dead skin . New pimple free skin emerged . Years of intervention and this worked ! It reveals brand new skin . I'm sure it helps with scarring and wrinkles . ----"

Al Sal (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"made my face 1000x worse than it was. I got acne where I have never gotten acne before & and my face was red itchy and swollen."

rheiehek July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I started on epiduo around 8 weeks ago. My skin reacted quite severely to the gel at first. Red, burning, itching and extreme peeling. As the weeks went by my acne got a fair bit worse, and constant. But I was reluctant to give up now I was in the "purging" stage. I'm now near the end of week 8 and am finding I am just left with scarring.. I haven't had one breakout in over a week which is a miracle for my skin ! I really hope this is the epiduo working."

pea-rhi (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I started using this cream on the Tuesday nights and it is Friday now, on the first night using it my skin did sting a bit but it was fairly bearable, the second night I used it all over my face as before and my skin stung so much I had to wash it off and it was still stinging it hurt so much I was close to tears. However I have now learnt to not put the cream too close to the corners of my nose and also not use it all over my face. I would say that my skin has cleared up drastically, I started using the pill on Tuesday as well and honestly my skin has cleared up like overnight and I had loads of tiny red angry spots on my forehead which have virtually disappeared with only a few left (touchwood)"

Anonymous July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The product gave me extreme rashes and my face was itchy for the next couple of days. My whole face was extremely swollen, it is possible I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This product is so bizarre and dangerous, I stopped using it after two months of it doing nothing but dry out my face to the point where it was constantly peeling and actually made my acne worse. Still looking for a treatment, but I will never go back to using synthetic products like this. The chemicals burned my face sometimes when I applied it, and ultimately the cystic acne that it healed came back even with continued use. If you're looking for a treatment, try natural methods first. I don't recommend this product; it's what my dermatologist gave me because she gives that to everyone who walks in with acne. It's not for everyone."

akz44 July 14, 2017