User Reviews for Epiduo

Epiduo Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 403 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

"I went on Epiduo in grade 6 to deal with mild-moderate acne. I absolutely loved it! it did have to get worse for about a week before it got better but it did get better. Then I began to notice the pimples come up again. It was like I had built a tolerance to the Epiduo. My mom and I decided it was time to get off of it since it wasn’t helping anymore. A few years passed into the middle of grade 9 and my acne was pretty bad. I went to a new dermatologist and she recommended to put me on epiduo to try it again. We agreed and I bought it. The first few nights I noticed a few minor pimples popping up but I didn’t think much of it because they weren’t as bad as the rest of my face. Maybe 2-3 weeks later my skin was sunburnt AND terribly broken out. I stopped immediately. Looking back to when I used it I do think it works for the smaller acne but not necessarily the more painful, cystic acne."

DJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2018

"Epiduo ruined my skin pretty badly. I used it for six weeks straight and my skin only got progressively worse, at one point a gigantic 3 cm diameter cyst developed on my forehead, exploding with pus, swelling up again, exploding again etc. It got so bad that it could only be taken down with multiple cortisone shots and antibiotics. Now I am left with horrible scarring (physically, but emotionally as well, the whole experience was actually quite traumatizing). I had to quit using the medicine so I do not know if it would’ve had gotten better but honestly it is not worth it, the scarring and hyperpigmentation is horrible"

E1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

"Thought out all my high school years I use to have little bumps all over my forehead and chin , I was so insecure about this I use to have a front fringe at one point to cover my forehead. I started taking the birth control pill to try and improve my acne although saw no outcome , finally went to see a dermatologist and she recommended epiduo ! Honestly after a few weeks of applying this to my forehead , chin and little spots on my cheeks my skin improved so much ! I literally swear by this cream I have oily skin and it’s vey pale compare to my body I have had no side effects such as red skin or my skin flaming up ! Highly recommend for any one that suffers from acne ( little dots all over there face that can’t be popped )"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2018

"I am so happy with the results I have been experiencing so far after weeks of using epiduo! At first I often had red on my face and extremely dry skin as I had read on other reviews. However, this got a lot better as my skin became used to it and it was not extremely painful there was just a slight tingling sensation in the first week. I wasn’t sure if this product would work as I have not had success with any other spot treatments such as proactive plus. I would say that you definitely need to be patient when using Epiduo and only use small amounts per application but it really does work! I’m a few weeks in already and I have very noticeable changes because I have very few blemishes at all now. Would definitely recommend to anybody who struggles with spots or acne! :) (make sure to purchase a good moisturiser as your skin can get very dry during the process)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

"I tried Epiduo about a year ago and it did nothing for my acne. It made huge red, itchy patches on my face which were very uncomfortable! However, after trying everything else I decided to give it another go! I started to use Mario Bedescu Acne facial cleaner which contains salicylic acid followed by pixi glow tonic which contains glycolic acid and then I use epiduo as a spot treatment. Again at first it made my skin itch & burn but I continued to use it giving my skin a few days break. Now when I use it my skin doesn’t react and it’s actually helped clear my skin! My skin has never looked so clear. This skincare routine is the best I’ve tried so far. Epiduo really flattens any active spots. Persevere with it and give it a chance, it needs a good couple of months to make any difference. Once you get past the initial dry, itchy skin is does start to work. I have extremely sensitive skin but everyone’s skin is different! It is definitely worth a try!"

S-D123 March 25, 2018

"When my skin began to scar at age 24 with acne break outs I just about had enough! Tried a few different creams like duac (awful), my doctor recently suggested antibiotic treatment combined with the Epiduo cream. He told me to apply it at night time lightly, after the first two days myself and my family/friends could see the changes. If I use it too often it does dry out my skin but I alternate 1 night epiduo 1 night moisturiser and I use a light exfoliater twice a week!! Moral of the story don't use it too often and be patient!!"

Adult acne (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

"Don’t waste your money. Made my skin dry and hyperpigmented patches. My neck became really itchy, red, scaly, dry and irritated. I have dark patches on my neck now. It is worse than before! My skin was 10x better before I started using Epiduo. Not worth your time and money."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

"Epiduo completely dried out my skin. I guess to clear acne you need to remove the oils which is what it did. But it burned my skin and left me in pain for days. Redness and aching dried out skin."

rachel (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

"My Dermatologist recommended Epiduo for my acne. Tried everything but nothing worked for me. Finally this came to me as a rescue. My Doctor adviced like this: Apply moisturiser- Episoft first at night Then apply Epiduo as spot treatment. First two days, leave it for one hour and wash it off. Increase to two hours the next few days there by slowly making your skin to adopt to the gel. Gradually increase the time and leave it over night. By this way, my skin didn't become dry and red which is the nature of Epiduo. Thanks to my Doctor for making my skin acne free. This cream won't do magic over night. Patience needed!!"

Shyamala Gowri (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018

"Please don't get confused with a purge and a reaction. I used this for about three months which brought out a huge cluster of painful cystic acne on my cheeks thinking it was a purge, which ended up making my acne 10x worse and left me with stubborn hyperpigmentation and scars that I'm now on roaccutane to solve. Got rid of my forehead and chin spots almost immediately with no "purge" which I think is the normal way this cream should work, otherwise I'd stop using"

Erinperin1 January 18, 2018

"My only regret is not using Epiduo sooner. I was given antibiotics from my doctor to help clear my breakouts and each time I got off of them, the breakouts would come back. I didn’t know what to do until I went to a dermatologist. I was fed up with antibiotics but he set me up with a plan to go on antibiotics for 6 months more months but while using epiduo. Eventually I weaned off the antibiotics and continued my use with epiduo. It’s 6 months later and my skin is still amazing! Epiduo saved me from using accutane."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2018

"I love this product! It really works for me! I wish I could show you photos! I have two pics of my forehead where I tried to clear up and it went from crazy lumpy to clear slate in 20 days! Maybe I was just lucky or this is exactly what my skin needed. I definitely would give it a go. A heads up... it is pretty painful for people like me with sensitive skin but just think of the out come :)"

Anonymous January 15, 2018

"Epiduo has saved my life!! I tried everything and started to give up on trying! A friend told me about epiduo I was very reluctant and said doubt it would work but I give it a try. I went doctors and got my prescription. Started working within 2 weeks I had big red spots which couldn’t be covered with makeup; felt very embrassed stressed and self conscious at all times. Now I don’t even have one spot. Get the one here and there I put the gel at night and the spot is gone in the morning. It’s actually like magic!! Didn’t ever think something like this would exist:"

Kiki123!? January 11, 2018

"A dermatologist prescribed Epiduo, then Epiduo forte for my acne. I used it for over a year. It only helped a little with the breakouts, and it made my skin super dry, super sensitive and red. I think it's a big waste of money."

Don't waste your money January 6, 2018

"This stuff takes time for your skin to get used to and to show results, but IT WORKS, for me at least. I had severe acne and tried everything. I have gone off of this stuff 3 times thinking I had finally outgrown my acne and everytime it came back. I am 25 and my acne is all kinds (cystic, big, small, blackheads, etc) this clears it all. Give it several months to a year. I know that sounds like a long time, but it's worth it. I hope they make it a bit easier to access and so you don't have to use galdermas special card for it to be affordable. This is the only stuff that WORKS. Period. I've been to many dermatologists and aestheticians and this stuff outperforms everything."

Zipper45 January 5, 2018

"Around 4 months ago I had a major breakout which I put down to hormones. However I noticed it getting gradually worse to the point where, even after changing my skincare routine and diet numerous times, it wasn’t improving. I was prescribed Epiduo by the doctor and after a week of using it I can see a clear difference. Granted my acne hasn’t completely gone but I need to give the gel more time to do it’s magic. My only issue is that during this past week it has made my previous scars appear more red, but hopefully they will also disappear in time along with my acne."

Lauren T (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2018

"I waited 6 mos. to write an accurate review. I understand the struggle of battling acne and how unique each case is to the individual. I am an Asian 28 y.o. woman, who dealt with acne in my high school/college years (oily/combination skin). My acne cleared up, but in my late 20s, hormonal acne plagued my mouth/chin area. Horrific. I always wore make up, because acne left marks, but with this hormonal acne, I REALLY piled it on. I used some Dr. Dennis Gross acne pads, which REALLY were working. They burned, but after about 2-3 weeks, I could see a difference. Then, my dermatologist prescribed Epiduo. I stopped using the pads, and Epiduo worked its magic. I went through extreme dryness but my skin got used to it. Last week, I went barefaced."

Ella Cee December 29, 2017

"My poor daughter. Middle schooler suffering through acne...Tried everything but no avail. She tried epiduo! Recommend it but, beware of burning of face and dryness, that means it works! Beauty hearts. -Isabella W."

IsabellaWyrick December 16, 2017

"I am literally one of those people that never wanted to take my makeup off, would always say to people if they were sleeping round ‘btw I have bad skin’ and I’m not joking when I say I NEVER thought anything would work for me, I have literally tried nearly everything. I went to a dermatologist for a year and nothing they gave me worked, I went to the doctors like a week ago and got prescribed Yasmin (I haven’t been experiencing any side effects if anyone is wondering) and this stuff and honestly my skin is actually going in the right direction, I hope it carries on like this! Cause soon I won’t feel like garbage about my skin anymore which is truly so weird to say. Best of luck to you all and I hope this/you find something that works for you!"

Lvinskinyyy December 14, 2017

"I’ve been using Epiduo for a couple of months now. I would say that it has cleared my forehead completely and the acne on my cheeks has improved, the texture of my skin is smoother and I definitely get less breakouts. I think you have to be patient with this gel, the first time I used it it burnt my skin however after it healed I tried again but I applied it and washed it off after 5-10 minutes and just increased the time I left it on until I was able to leave it overnight. Another disadvantage of using the gel is that it bleached your skin and red scars appear to Be more prominent."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2017

"Epiduo has been a wonder for me! I was prescribed Epiduo along with an oral antibiotic, once everything cleared, I stopped the antibiotics and now just use the Epiduo to maintain. It's great at stopping potential breakouts and makes my skin feel beautiful! The only downside for me is that it bleaches my bedding and clothes, but it's a small price to pay for good skin!"

CJ88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2017

"I have been using it since I started high school and has helped a lot. I also struggle with eczema so I was quite reluctant at first. The trick is to use it in moderation. Small amounts and also applied on as a thin layer."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2017

"The best acne stuff I have ever used, been using for a week and already have completely clear skin which I haven't had in years, after trying many things from the doctors this is by far the best I LOVE it"

Jessy B (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

"This product is amazing, I used to have loads of acne, pimples and bumps all over my face and it cleared it all within a few weeks. However I recommend after applying the Epiduo for you to apply a face moisturiser to avoid any burn or red scars in your face."

Sara R. (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2017

"This was amazing - worked just as effectively as roaccutance for me (which I had been on twice) however it stopped working after two years. I must have built up a tolerance to it. I genuinely thought I'd be able to use this for life. I'm hoping to give it a try again in 6 months"

Amyj123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 18, 2017