User Reviews for Epiduo

Learn more about Epiduo.

Epiduo Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 438 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

"Hello! Well... I've never had an acne skin. I have a mixed-oily skin and I have some acne when I get stressed. That' s the reason why I visited a dermatologist. The doctor recommended me to use epiduo (every night), after I wash my face with a foam (I use the same foam in the morning with a gel cream after it and a moisturizing cream, as many times as I want). Doctor informed me that this cream may affect me (redness, itching, drought, pain) but my face got like sunburned and it was scratching me so much. I was afraid and I stopped it yesterday. I don' t know if I continue using this cream."

Ale_gre March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have mild redness and swelling of pimples and scarring due to stress that I just could not clear up with over the counter products. I decided to go to a dermatologist and they prescribed me Epiduo (cream) and Minocycline (a pill) to help with the inflammation. I do have sensitive skin and each day I use it, it does burn when I put it on and leaves my face red and very dry! But.....I already see an improvement in my skin! They did say to use Epiduo gel every OTHER day if the redness and dryness continues. I am also using CeraVe lotion afterwards to moisturize (their recommendation) and it does not leave an oily residue like others I have tried and it truly is a great light weight lotion! I have faith in this acne product! Keep using it! :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Read reviews from others and want to offer some advice on what I have learned and did to use Epiduo. First, Retin A will make the skin soft and susceptible to damage so do not pick skin as it can rip off layers causing scars. I use a sensitive skin soap such as Cetaphil sensitive skin soap. DO NOT scrub your face which stimulates sebum production. Use your finger tips and be as gentle as possible washing face AM/PM daily. When starting retinoids/ Epiduo, apply at night after washing and let face dry 20min. Apply 50/50 with Cetaphil eczema sensitive skin moisturizer. If you skin is red skip a night but I found that this moisturizer will eliminate the redness. Apply moisturizer in the AM after washing/softly drying your face. Use sunscreen"

JimmyDS1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Burns face frequently causing severe pain,has not helped with acne"

Gee1921 March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm a young teenage girl and I've struggled with acne since 6th grade and like any other young girl want to have a clear completion so I looked into acne treatments and found good review on epiduo so I went to my dermatologist and she said it was good to start and so I slowly progressed epiduo into my acne routine I used it for about 4 days and I saw progress in my acne being reduced in redness and size. I was thrilled. A few days later I went onto spring break and decided not to wear makeup and I realized around my mouth and wherever I put the epiduo gel was really red a day later after that my skin legit started to peel off my face. I stopped using it and it won't go away. HELP!!!!"

Saigey March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Honestly don't give up on this cream, i had acne since I was 13 years old, trying all sorts to clear my skin but nothing worked so i just dealt with it every day covering myself in make up. I'm now 21 and my skin is as clear as it has ever been, I started to use this cream 6 months ago but after 2 weeks on it I broke out in spots even more and my skin started to peel to the point I couldn't even touch my face cause it hurt so I gave up the cream for a few weeks but then decided to read some reviews and I took on advice of what people were saying to stick to it. I went back to the doctors got the cream again, 3 months on the redness/peeling stopped and skin is clear, I no longer wear make up and feel confident! STICK IT OUT!"

sammypp55 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I Used this treatment after using a few different antibiotics, retin A, some zinc lotion to which absolutely nothing worked! I went to my doctor almost in tears and he prescribed me this and said this is the best acne treatment from a GP and if this doesn't work he will refer me to a dermatologist And my god was he right. This is the only cream that has EVER worked. It burns like hell but your skin gets used to it after a bit and you have to be patient Also to let people know my ACNE was moderate it's now nearly gone. The cream doesn't cure you from getting spots but it definitely is the best thing I've used , my skin used to be SEVERE but it calmed down when I went on the Yasmin contraceptive pill, another drug I can't live without"

Jo601192 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been recently having bad acne for a year now, I went to my dermatologist and they prescribed epiduo. For the first week it worked great and really helped with my acne. But during the second week thats when it started to get bad. After I would use it my skin would burn and it hurt so bad that I was in tears. Nothing helped the burning but applying ice too it. It also made my face very red and my skin started to flake off. I don't tend to have sensitive skin either... would not recommend"

Katlyn K February 28, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"One word WOW. I was really depressed about my skin, and I decided to go to a dermatologist after finishing my exams. She gave me EPIDUO and another medicine. At first my skin got irritated and for 2 days it was really red and was peeling, I talked to my derm and she told me to stop the other medicine and use a moisturiser before applying EPIDUO, I continued using it every other day and results after a month was amazing. Now I have less acne and every 2 months I do a deep cleanse which is called HYDRAFACIAL. I don't really use much make up like I used before, I'm not applying foundation, and relatives and friends are surprised too. Thanks EPIDUO. btw I'm still using it but I just apply it once or twice a week."

someone thats happy with this February 25, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been using epiduo for a little over a year and it takes time but it got rid of so much acne!!! I was so happy until a month ago…my acne started coming back and I'm very disappointed because I thought I had finally gotten rid of my acne and then it came back:("

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Cannot stress how grateful I am. A miracle cure for for my acne. Thank you for finally giving me clear skin"

Anonqwerty February 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been using Epiduo for a couple of years and LOVE the results. Right around the time I turned 25, my skin absolutely flipped out with terrible hormonal acne around my chin/jawline area. Tiny bumps, cystic acne, you name it. My dermatologist put me on doxycyline for a month along with Epiduo gel applied morning/night. After everything cleared up and my doxycyline prescription finished, I was put on a regimen with Epiduo for nighttime application and Aczone for morning application. My dermatologist let me know that Epiduo is great for the small bumps associated with hormonal acne, and Aczone was prescribed to treat the cystic acne problem. This has in fact held true and I haven't had a breakout since."

KristenG1012 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My 14 year old son was prescribed epiduo for his moderate acne about 3 months ago. I myself am 36 and have suffered from acne my whole life (since the 5th grade!!) anyways, I decided to try it with him and I'm so glad I did. At first it made both of our skin break out and was red, itchy, peeling and irritated. So we started using every other night instead (also, only use at night and AVOID EYE AREA!!) After about 2-3 weeks of using epiduo I noticed a dramatic improvement in both of our skin. Now my son may have a few tiny little pimples here or there but nothing like it was before and I don't have any at all! Not only am I pimple free but my melasma/dark spots are almost completely gone!! I highly recommend!!"

Daisy128 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I say I've tried almost everything on the acne on my chest, I really mean it. I broke out all over my torso, upper arms and forehead on holiday when I was 13 and have been in and out of dermatologists ever since. I've tried pills, lotions, changing my diet etc and had no results. I've even been on accutane for four months. I tried one last time and my derm gave me Epiduo. I'm not going to lie, my skin was unbelievably itchy, red and irritated for a while but I began to see results quite quickly. I've been on it for 3 months now and I can honestly say I've never been this clear. Going to see if every other day will keep it going. Might not work for everyone but certainly worked for me."

MrsBUK February 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"If I could give this a zero I would. I read a ton of reviews before using this product and I was very confident it would work. Reviews and my dermatologist told me that it would take at least a month for any results to be seen but its been almost 3 months and I'm nearly finished with a bottle and I have seen absolutely no results. if anything my acne is worse. I have been taking birth control for a year and a half now and it completely cleared my face but after being on it for about a year, my face began breaking out worse than ever before. I have horrible cystic acne on my forehead, cheeks, and chin. It's never been this bad thats why I started using epiduo. All its done is waste my time and make my acne worse. I cry every day."

anon34635 February 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this medication with Doxycycline just now hitting the 4 week mark. It's sad reading all of these reviews with most people saying they have cleared up within two weeks or so. I'm starting to lose a bit of hope seeing as I get at least one to two new pimples a day (averaging out) which is about my usual amount. Even if that doesn't sound like a lot I have cystic acne so it adds up quite quickly! ): I will however say I found this to be super mild compared to Dans acne.org BP which kept me clear for a year and then the acne came back. Epiduo has made my skin texture super soft and nice! It's very smooth feeling which is wonderful, but so far it's not keeping my skin clear or changing the nature of my breakout type/size."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It's true. The first two weeks really are horrible. So make sure you don't start this if you have big plans coming up. I broke out in huge spots, my face was red and tender and my skin was flaking off in big pieces. You can not wear make up at this point. If you get cracked corners of your mouth like I did, hydrocortisone 1% really is your saviour. Cleared it up in two days. I moisturised throughout the day with cetaphil and cleansed every morning and night with cetaphil cleanser. Two weeks later, my skin is almost clear. My dryness is almost gone and the scars are fading. Stick with it. It really works. It just gets worse before it gets better"

Acne Annie (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've never written a review before but from the use of Epiduo and two other medicines (tretinoin and minocyclene) my cysts have been brought to white heads over night. I'm only on my 4th day of using this so I'm probabaly in the purging stage, but I'm so happy they aren't deep cysts anymore. I also have a problem with scabs all over my face and with the slight drying this medicine causes the scabs peel off so easily and don't leave a mark. I haven't experienced any of the burning people talk about but my skin has gotten flaky. Hopefully it keeps getting better!"

Rach90 January 29, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Wait it out! I'm a 32 yr old female that began suffering from adult cystic acne just over a year ago. For some reason, only the right side of my face really broke out and the acne was deep and painful. After using Epiduo for the recommended 3 months, I wasn't seeing results. The itchiness and peeling stopped after only two weeks of using it so I thought the product wasn't even working for me at the 3 month mark. I stuck with it anyway and now at 4 months, I have no more active acne and my skin is baby smooth! The down side to this med is that it caused post inflammatory hyperpigmentation which takes time to fade. But I'm happy that until then, my feels good and there's no more acne!"

Pags (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"24 years old, I have very hormone-related acne, with oily skin. Used alongside tetralysal and yasmin combined oral contraceptive, works wonders. I ran out over xmas and my skin flared up very badly (I also had exams - I am training to be a doctor - and obviously over the festive period I perhaps indulged in a few sugary treats which I'm sure didn't help...) but epiduo sorted it out in a matter of weeks. As other users have remarked, do be careful as it can burn the skin a little and it becomes a little flaky. If this happens stop using for a few days and moisturise the non-spotty areas which are peeling. I would also recommend lots of fruits and veggies, minimal chocolate, plenty of exercise and regular cleaning of the face."

charlieengland January 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Started epiduo 3 weeks ago for my cystic acne. I have been using proactive for years and it helps with small acne, but did nothing for the hormonal breakouts monthly. All I can say is I wish I would have found epiduo years ago. I love it. My skin is clear, not perfect but so much better. My skin is not dried out like on proactive, and it just is finally smoothing out again. No more big bumps on jaw line and if something starts to pop up, the epiduo works so fast to take care of it. Love this product. I use it nightly and only a small amount for my face and under chin area. I'm giving it a 9 out of 10 because I've only been on it for 3 weeks, but so far so good"

Persian124 (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This made my skin incredibly sensitive and irritated all the time, it dried out my cheeks and nose, it didn't get rid of hardly any acne. I have to stop using after only about 2 months of use due to the sensitivity."

Mckenzie V January 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Epiduo is honestly the best. I was discouraged the first few months due to my face breaking out worse, having senstive, red, dry patchy skin but it is worth it. The clarity of my skin after using this is refreshing I'm 20 and I've been using it since I was 18. Currently I just use it for spot treatment whenever I have mini break outs!"

hanners January 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"EPIDUO saved my life!!! Cant believe I didn't know about this before. I have been using epiduo for about two weeks now my skin cleared the first week. The first few days I used alot and dried my skin. Now I don't have one spot!!! I recommend this product. I don't think this product works for everyone sadly but worth the try! I have my confidence back and will use epiduo for as long as it works"

KK- January 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Epiduo is fantastic. I've only used it for 3 weeks but my skin is so much clearer (I had moderate acne). However it is a prescription treatment and you have to be careful with it: use it sparingly and just once a day, more won't work faster. The best way to do this is to buy a gentle cleanser and moisturiser (Cetaphil and Eucerin are fantastic as they're formulated for skin undergoing acne treatment). Cleanse and moisturise morning and evening, and follow with a very thin layer of Epiduo every evening. The dryness and flaking disappears after 10-14 days, so be patient. If your skin is sensitive, the best thing to do is to apply Epiduo after your moisturiser has sunk in. This creates a barrier but the treatment works just as effectively."

laurallb87 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017