User Reviews for Epiduo

Learn more about Epiduo.

Epiduo Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 441 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

"So I don't have a major acne problem. I'm 23 and I had like 4 pimples and one was very stubborn on my cheek it wouldn't go away. So I asked my dermatologist what I should do and she gave me some epiduo cream to try. I put it on right before bed and the first day it was fine and I noticed a reduction in my pimple so I tried it the second night. When I woke up the next morning my face was BURNING and the areas I applied this cream were so dry and flaky. I honestly would rather tolerate the ugly pimples over the side effects I got from this cream. Over all I hated this cream. If you have sensitive skin I would avoid using this, go for veltin instead it's much more gentle and effective for acne."

kay786 May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Epiduo right before my senior year of high school, and I have now just finished my second year of college. For all of you reading reviews, don't believe any reviewer who has used this medication for less than 6 months. My dermatologist told me to use this every night, on my whole face. I didn't have red pimples but I had comodogenic acne--very bumpy, textured skin that drove me crazy. It took one full year to work, but it made my skin absolutely perfect--glowing, clear, tiny pores, everything I could ever have wanted. Flash forward to now, and I have moved up to EpiduoForte, because my skin is used to the regular Epiduo. There is no doubt about it. This works. But you have to stick out the awful part."

m97 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had mild acne and then took this because my doctor said accutane was too bad for me. After about 2 weeks my face was beat red and burned like crazy then I broke out like ten times worse than before and my whole face was covered and it was horrible. I stuck with it for like 2 more weeks and it just got worse. I switched to accutane and I'm 3 months in and my face is doing really well. I recommend accutane, I don't feel depressed and the only side effect I've gotten is dry lips."

Mcmasher May 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It's now Day 168, a little more than 24 weeks since I began using Epiduo Forte. My last review was ~5 weeks in and I was miserable. The purge stage lasted 2-3 months for me and I honestly never looked worse. But my skin finally showed real improvement about 6 weeks ago and I'm happy I fought my way through the beginning. My skin is still red and I still have issues with occasional tiny whiteheads on my inner cheeks, smile lines, and the sides of my nose, but the texture of my skin couldn't be softer or smoother everywhere else. My forehead, chin, jaw, and outer cheeks are perfect. I've managed to cut back on makeup, and have hope that in another 6 months my skin will be 100%. "

TGBev (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I posted about a month ago, and feel that I should post again. It's been 46 days since I started epiduo. My scars are still fading, my skin looks and feels tighter (in the best way), and I feel as if my pores are getting smaller. I've read people say this doesn't happen with epiduo, but it's happened to me. I did just get 2 new pimples, but those are the first since the second week of using this med, and I just started my period. But I'll take it compared to what my skin was before! Huge tip: download the epi-tracker in the App Store. Take a picture every morning to track the progress and keep you committed! It tells you how many days you've been using it and lets you compare the progress. super helpful."

Meggyleggyweggy May 2, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It took a good couple of months for me to start seeing noticeable results. When I first started using it my skin was so red and started peeling and flaking off it also made me break out so much. Make sure to use plenty of moisturiser and hydrating products (I use dermalogica skin soothing hydrating lotion, would recommend it as it helps a lot with the dryness but doesn't leave your skin with a greasy feel) After about a month the redness and peeling stopped. It's taken a little less than a year for my skin to get to where it is now, it is so clear and has very minimal redness, it's also helped with the scarring. You have to have a lot of patience when using this product but its 100% worth it in the end."

Anonymous May 2, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 35 years old and never had acne until about 10 years ago, after I had my first child. My dermatologist prescribed Epiduo after I tried every possible over the counter acne treatments at home. It takes about 6 weeks to start seeing results. At first I still broke out, then my skin turned red and started to peel. I started using moisturizer which burned and didn't even help, BUT, I stuck with it. At about the 6th week, those side effects subsided and I no longer have breakouts. My skin is no longer peeling and red and is silky soft with acne scars diminishing daily. THE BEST STUFF EVER!"

Brick1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Epiduo is amazing and I feel like I can go to school without having people look at me like I'm a big target. I have been on Epiduo for 2 days and all of my scars/major pimples have vanished into thin air. My skin doesn't dry out or have any of the side effects because I have used such intense things on my face like salicylic acid pads. But be sure to put on CeraVe Am lotion with SPF 30 to protect your face!!! I'll be giving an update in another month, so I wish you luck in your skin troubles and for Epiduo to cure them."

panda13611361 (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is the one and only thing that has helped my acne. I have tried both oral and topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics helped for a while however my body became used to the drug and the effects wore off and my acne returned. At one point I was considering roaccutane but I am so glad I didn't. The two things with this cream is time and persistence. At first it will seem everything is worse, dry/burning/peeling skin which is red raw. Only apply minimally at first (1 small blob) and allow your skin to get used to the cream otherwise your skin will burn. After time you can start to apply more. I have been using for 4 months now and I apply twice daily but still have to be careful not to apply too much otherwise I do feel the ill effects."

Emma810 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been to dermatologist over the years and allergists also. It wasn't until I was prescribed Epiduo that my skin started to improve to the extent that I no longer wear any makeup. I haven't been able to do that for years. It may still and dry your skin a little but a bit if moisturiser in the morning and a clear skin makes it all worth while. I am very appreciative to the doctor that prescribed it for me"

JojoZ April 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 18 years old. My acne started very severe when I was 16 and I was given medication by a dermatologist when it was at its worst. After a year, the pills stopped working and my face broke out with giant, dark red cysts. I was then prescribed Epiduo. Not gonna lie, it was painful at first; my face was the darkest shade of red, super flaky, and burned something awful. Applying lotion to try and stop the peeling stung and I was so embarrassed to go to school looking like I'd gotten the worst sunburn ever. After a little over a month of this I became discouraged BUT I continued using it and I'm glad I did. My face is no longer red and my acne is almost completely cleared up. STICK WITH IT! I've been using it for over a year now. It works!"

Alygatorx April 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This creme has done absolutely nothing but make my skin worse. I've been doing it for about 4 weeks now and have seen zero improvement at all. I do not recommend."

Taylor0506 April 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have tried soooo many products I've seen different dermatologist, and when I got prescribed epiduo, idk why it took so long to get this as it was a life saver. I'm a 32 yo adult and whenever I get a breakout I use it once at night and I clear up quick. It is a little drying but I just moisturizer before putting it on. It worked amazing for me."

Dezeej April 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started this medicine when I was fairly young with moderate acne, I remember it doing absolutely nothing for m skin. It just made it kind of red."

Bradenh24 April 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Having tried several different acne medications, and what seems like hundreds acne creams by brands like Clinique, Kiehls, Neals yard, Mario Bedescu and Clean & Clear, my dermatologist prescribed me epiduo. The 'purge' phase was awful, my skin got a lot worst before it started getting better, so bare that in mind when starting the cream. I am so thankful for this cream, it completely cleared my acne within one month! However, the side effects can be quite painful and frustrating, still after sixth months I experience extremely dry skin and occasional burning of the skin. These side effects haven't gone away for me as I continue using it. Just bare in mind that at the expense of curing your acne, you will experience side effects long term."

Ellso (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm a 19 year old male who suffered with moderate acne over face, particularly cheeks and chin. I had tried everything over the counter without much success. Epiduo has worked pretty well for me, greatly reduced the amount of spots I have (although still get the odd one). The dry/red skin is the biggest side effect, however regular moisturising (1-2 times per day) helps to reduce that. Has taken a couple of months to get to this stage but definitely works well, especially if you are unable/do not wish to take antibiotics."

MSRC (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Epiduo hurt. And stung. It hurt when I put it on, it hurt when I put on lotion, and it hurt when I tried makeup. I only put it on at night; washed my face, put on the epiduo for 15 min, then covered myself in Nivea Soft lotion. (the one that stung the least $4.99) Today is day 18 and I am THRILLED! I only have scars, which are fading day by day. My skin is still peeling and stings! But it's tolerable. I haven't worn makeup to college or work for the past 3 days for the first time in my entire life, and I looked fine. A guy even hit on me in the parking lot!!! I will continue to use Epiduo even if the peeling face never goes away. It's done wonders! I'll wait another month and post on here again for the same results. STICK TO IT! TRUST!"

Meggyleggyweggy (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hello! Well... I've never had an acne skin. I have a mixed-oily skin and I have some acne when I get stressed. That' s the reason why I visited a dermatologist. The doctor recommended me to use epiduo (every night), after I wash my face with a foam (I use the same foam in the morning with a gel cream after it and a moisturizing cream, as many times as I want). Doctor informed me that this cream may affect me (redness, itching, drought, pain) but my face got like sunburned and it was scratching me so much. I was afraid and I stopped it yesterday. I don' t know if I continue using this cream."

Ale_gre March 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have mild redness and swelling of pimples and scarring due to stress that I just could not clear up with over the counter products. I decided to go to a dermatologist and they prescribed me Epiduo (cream) and Minocycline (a pill) to help with the inflammation. I do have sensitive skin and each day I use it, it does burn when I put it on and leaves my face red and very dry! But.....I already see an improvement in my skin! They did say to use Epiduo gel every OTHER day if the redness and dryness continues. I am also using CeraVe lotion afterwards to moisturize (their recommendation) and it does not leave an oily residue like others I have tried and it truly is a great light weight lotion! I have faith in this acne product! Keep using it! :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Read reviews from others and want to offer some advice on what I have learned and did to use Epiduo. First, Retin A will make the skin soft and susceptible to damage so do not pick skin as it can rip off layers causing scars. I use a sensitive skin soap such as Cetaphil sensitive skin soap. DO NOT scrub your face which stimulates sebum production. Use your finger tips and be as gentle as possible washing face AM/PM daily. When starting retinoids/ Epiduo, apply at night after washing and let face dry 20min. Apply 50/50 with Cetaphil eczema sensitive skin moisturizer. If you skin is red skip a night but I found that this moisturizer will eliminate the redness. Apply moisturizer in the AM after washing/softly drying your face. Use sunscreen"

JimmyDS1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Burns face frequently causing severe pain,has not helped with acne"

Gee1921 March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm a young teenage girl and I've struggled with acne since 6th grade and like any other young girl want to have a clear completion so I looked into acne treatments and found good review on epiduo so I went to my dermatologist and she said it was good to start and so I slowly progressed epiduo into my acne routine I used it for about 4 days and I saw progress in my acne being reduced in redness and size. I was thrilled. A few days later I went onto spring break and decided not to wear makeup and I realized around my mouth and wherever I put the epiduo gel was really red a day later after that my skin legit started to peel off my face. I stopped using it and it won't go away. HELP!!!!"

Saigey March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Honestly don't give up on this cream, i had acne since I was 13 years old, trying all sorts to clear my skin but nothing worked so i just dealt with it every day covering myself in make up. I'm now 21 and my skin is as clear as it has ever been, I started to use this cream 6 months ago but after 2 weeks on it I broke out in spots even more and my skin started to peel to the point I couldn't even touch my face cause it hurt so I gave up the cream for a few weeks but then decided to read some reviews and I took on advice of what people were saying to stick to it. I went back to the doctors got the cream again, 3 months on the redness/peeling stopped and skin is clear, I no longer wear make up and feel confident! STICK IT OUT!"

sammypp55 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I Used this treatment after using a few different antibiotics, retin A, some zinc lotion to which absolutely nothing worked! I went to my doctor almost in tears and he prescribed me this and said this is the best acne treatment from a GP and if this doesn't work he will refer me to a dermatologist And my god was he right. This is the only cream that has EVER worked. It burns like hell but your skin gets used to it after a bit and you have to be patient Also to let people know my ACNE was moderate it's now nearly gone. The cream doesn't cure you from getting spots but it definitely is the best thing I've used , my skin used to be SEVERE but it calmed down when I went on the Yasmin contraceptive pill, another drug I can't live without"

Jo601192 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been recently having bad acne for a year now, I went to my dermatologist and they prescribed epiduo. For the first week it worked great and really helped with my acne. But during the second week thats when it started to get bad. After I would use it my skin would burn and it hurt so bad that I was in tears. Nothing helped the burning but applying ice too it. It also made my face very red and my skin started to flake off. I don't tend to have sensitive skin either... would not recommend"

Katlyn K February 28, 2017