User Reviews for Epiduo

Learn more about Epiduo.

Epiduo Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 433 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

"24 years old, I have very hormone-related acne, with oily skin. Used alongside tetralysal and yasmin combined oral contraceptive, works wonders. I ran out over xmas and my skin flared up very badly (I also had exams - I am training to be a doctor - and obviously over the festive period I perhaps indulged in a few sugary treats which I'm sure didn't help...) but epiduo sorted it out in a matter of weeks. As other users have remarked, do be careful as it can burn the skin a little and it becomes a little flaky. If this happens stop using for a few days and moisturise the non-spotty areas which are peeling. I would also recommend lots of fruits and veggies, minimal chocolate, plenty of exercise and regular cleaning of the face."

charlieengland January 13, 2017

"Started epiduo 3 weeks ago for my cystic acne. I have been using proactive for years and it helps with small acne, but did nothing for the hormonal breakouts monthly. All I can say is I wish I would have found epiduo years ago. I love it. My skin is clear, not perfect but so much better. My skin is not dried out like on proactive, and it just is finally smoothing out again. No more big bumps on jaw line and if something starts to pop up, the epiduo works so fast to take care of it. Love this product. I use it nightly and only a small amount for my face and under chin area. I'm giving it a 9 out of 10 because I've only been on it for 3 weeks, but so far so good"

Persian124 (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2017

"This made my skin incredibly sensitive and irritated all the time, it dried out my cheeks and nose, it didn't get rid of hardly any acne. I have to stop using after only about 2 months of use due to the sensitivity."

Mckenzie V January 7, 2017

"Epiduo is honestly the best. I was discouraged the first few months due to my face breaking out worse, having senstive, red, dry patchy skin but it is worth it. The clarity of my skin after using this is refreshing I'm 20 and I've been using it since I was 18. Currently I just use it for spot treatment whenever I have mini break outs!"

hanners January 7, 2017

"EPIDUO saved my life!!! Cant believe I didn't know about this before. I have been using epiduo for about two weeks now my skin cleared the first week. The first few days I used alot and dried my skin. Now I don't have one spot!!! I recommend this product. I don't think this product works for everyone sadly but worth the try! I have my confidence back and will use epiduo for as long as it works"

KK- January 4, 2017

"Epiduo is fantastic. I've only used it for 3 weeks but my skin is so much clearer (I had moderate acne). However it is a prescription treatment and you have to be careful with it: use it sparingly and just once a day, more won't work faster. The best way to do this is to buy a gentle cleanser and moisturiser (Cetaphil and Eucerin are fantastic as they're formulated for skin undergoing acne treatment). Cleanse and moisturise morning and evening, and follow with a very thin layer of Epiduo every evening. The dryness and flaking disappears after 10-14 days, so be patient. If your skin is sensitive, the best thing to do is to apply Epiduo after your moisturiser has sunk in. This creates a barrier but the treatment works just as effectively."

laurallb87 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

"Today marks the end of Week 5 since I started Epiduo Forte. My skin has always been acne prone; but, after dealing with a lot of stress and depression this fall, my skin suffered the worst breakout I've ever experienced. Tiny clusters of small inflamed whiteheads constantly covered my smile lines and inner cheeks, I always had at least 2-3 small cystic bumps, and my skin was extremely congested. I'm holding out hope that Epiduo pays off, but it's Day 36 and my skin is as bad if not worse. The purging has been unbareable at times -- my left jawline broke out into this red mountain of cystic acne around Week 3 and it's only starting to subside, and my tiny whiteheads still show up every few days. I'm giving it through Week 12..."

TGBev (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2016

"I have been using this epiduo gel since 2012 until now. This gel is effective in clearing out the acne. Yes it may cause your skin redness itchy dryness. This past few days my skin is very dry. But i know that this gel is effective so im still using it. Half of my face is already clearing out. Some pimple marks. The other half need patience to be able to clear as well."

Darkangl (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 23, 2016

"I'm 13 and acne has always been a problem for me, I've been bullied and felt self conscious for years, I tried everything from duac to pills but nothing has worked, but then I tried epiduo, I have really seen an improvement on my spots and I feel almost happy with myself. The only problem there is which doesn't make this product a 10 would be how dry it makes your skin feel, yes it takes the oil off but it makes your face feel so dry almost stiff, also if you get it too close under your eyes it burns like a sunburn which isn't good. Overall I recommend this product!"

Romsx13 (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

"It has been decent. I have definitely seen a cut back in my oil production and acne on my neck, however I have been getting breakouts on my cheeks and forehead and I never really did before. I don't see much of a difference other than less oil. My acne location just pretty much relocated."

Madisonowo December 23, 2016

"Love this product! I'm 34 years old and I've had acne for as long as I can remember. This stuff really works for me. I've been using it for about two weeks now and this is the best my skin has ever been. Highly recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2016

"I started using epiduo apx 3 weeks ago with very little advice from the GP. I suffer with breakouts and really sore lumps under the skin across my jaw line and neck. Anyway after a about 2 weeks of using the cream the skin around my eyes and jaw was so red and sore I thought I was having some sort of reaction. I was trying to moisturise as the skin was literally flaking off my face but the stinging was unbearable. After reading this forum I started using cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser and my skin is no longer sore and is clearing up brilliantly. advice - use cetaphil cleanser and moisturise before applying a tiny amount of epiduo, I don't wear makeup in the day so I take my moisturiser with me and top up around lunch time. Bear with it!"

Missdclement (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2016

"Okay so. I've been on Epiduo for about two and a half years now. I'm a swimmer so my face is already dried out enough and I have to use a LOT of moisturiser. And for the past couple of times I've put it on, waited for it to dry, about an hour later I put my moisturiser on and WITHIN MINUTES MY FACE WAS BURNING AND RED. I thought I was having an allergic reaction and was freak if out. so I wet a towel and just put it over my face. It took almost five minutes to calm down. It's done wonders for my skin but I don't know if it's worth it. if my skin dries out anymore wether it be from the chlorine or the Epiduo my face might just flake off all together."

KatieFort December 20, 2016

"I have been doing hours and hours of research on finding a product or solution to my cystic acne. watched everyone stories on youtube. I have tried everything like most of you, spent "

HE- December 17, 2016

"Went on holiday early November and came back with full blown acne on my forehead and cheeks . Tried literally everything and anything I could find and nothing worked. The GP then prescribed epiduo and I was really sceptical as I read reviews of people getting worse before better and all that. I used it twice a day beginning from a Wednesday and by Sunday, I began to see results. By Monday I couldn't believe it, 90% of my spots had gone but the only thing was that I used too much which burned my skin a bit but this is healing. I've been on epiduo exactly 8 days and my acne is gone. Yes I said it gone !!! I was told to give this product 3 months minimum and it's done the job in a week. I highly recommend you try epiduo!!"

Tee0794 December 15, 2016

"This stuff saved me and I can't thank my dermatologist enough! I developed severe acne from hormonal problems at around 18 and I was prescribed epiduo and it cleared up in 3 months, nothing else worked. I used every face wash and hard core acne treatment on the market and NOTHING worked. Epiduo really really works."

Brandiiii December 13, 2016

"Epiduo forte really does work. Tried literally everything else except accutane ( including benzoyl, salicylic acid, clindamycin, tretinoin/retin-a, tetracycline, even birth control) and this is the one. Not completely cured, but sooo much better! Really no more inflammatory acne at all, nothing but small bumps left. Takes a few (like 3) months to work, so don't give up hope!"

Hi-:) December 2, 2016

"Been using this for 2 weeks and my skin is clear for the first time in years! After reading all of the skin irritation horror stories, I decided do cleanse, moisturise, and then use a tiny amount of the cream after the moisturiser sank in so it wasn't quite as harsh. I haven't had any redness and my skin is so smooth and soft! If you have problems with reacting to it, try this. Also the first few nights I only left it on for a few hours. And only use a TINY bit - the bottle suggestes 1 pump per skin area, I spread 1 pump across my entire face. :)"

Hayzee93 (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

"I am in week 2 of epiduo, I noticed that I'm getting a lot of pimples around my forehead area. I don't understand why because my forehead didn't have any pimples before I started using epiduo. Hopefully it will improve because I'm really insecure. I feel like when I talk to others that's all they look at! Anyways, epiduo burns really bad and I have dry patches of skin. Whenever I touch it, it starts burning."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016

"I had acne on my forehead only. It was like small bumps all over. When i first used Epiduo i initially experience the acne looking a lot worse and feeling really horrible. It was itchy and dry and red, almost inflamed. At the time i was away on vacation so i decided to stopp using it for the time being. When i came home (4 weeks later) I decided to give it another try. This time around it worked AMAZING. After two days of using it ALL of the acne on my forehead has gone away. My forehead has never been so clear before. I am also using aczone 7.5% in the morning. It seems like everyone has different experiences with this product but it really worked for me!!"

Giabanea November 21, 2016

"Epiduo literally changed my life. had acne since I was 13 yrs old. Started using epiduo when I was 28. Now I'm 29. It cleared up my face amazingly! NO more scars, NO pimples, & it helps keep me lookin younger b/c it is a retinoid. I must say tho, that the first 2 months of using it, I broke out really bad. Dry skin, peeling, burning skin whenever I was sweating, &lots of pimples! But, the dermatologist had forewarned me that it was my face purging all the pimples &bacteria that was lying beneath the surface of my face's exterior surface level. So after sticking with it for those grueling 2 months I saw my scars fading, blackheads & cystic pimples slowly disappearing &my face is more clearer & smoother. Dont even need 2 use makeup anymore!"

piitttman.c (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2016

"I have had pretty severe breakouts and my dermatologist first prescribed epiduo to me, i take it, and for the first week, the only change is my skin getting incredibly dry (which is odd because my skin is not normally dry or oily) but the dryness was tolerable. The next week things went very bad, i had terrible breakouts on my forehead, and on my cheeks, chin, and nose, i was incredibly dry and my face turned completely orange, after that week i stopped using epiduo and my skin continued to stay red and acne-y and i had to call in sick to work because it was intolerable and felt like my face was on fire. DO NOT RECOMMEND"

CallMeTomatoe (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2016

"I'm 25 and I've tried lots of different approaches to get rid of my acne. This is the first time I've had any success. I should add that i had been prescribed benzoyl peroxide in the past but I think i started getting side effects and stopped. I SHOULD NOT HAVE STOPPED. That is my advice to anyone who starts using any benzoyl peroxide creams. Stick with it through the first few weeks of pain. It gets better. At least it did for me. It was so painful to begin with. My skin was red and so sore. It felt like a stinging burning itchy graze all over my face. No, it's not an easy treatment but this is exactly what i do...clean my face at night, one pump of epiduo, then BIO OIL not moisturiser, wash off in the morning. 1 month in and I'm spot free"

Epiduooilcombo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2016

"patience, patience, patience!!! this medication will work, you just need to give it time. I am in my 5th month and my results are great. At first, it will burn your face like crazy. After your skin will clear up. Then it will break out again. BUT PLEASE DON'T TAN YOUR FACE WHILE USING THIS. I HAD TERRIBLE BLISTERS ON MY FACE. take the directions and precautions seriously! because I got so sunburned, i had to stop using the epiduo but my face didn't break out too bad. MAKE SURE YOU WON'T RUN OUT AT A TIME WHERE YOUR SKIN IS CLEARING UP. the results were just getting the best they had ever been and then i ran out. then my face broke out like crazy... so make sure you always have enough! lastly, GIVE THIS MEDICATION TIME! it will get better!"

Caitlin228822 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2016

"I hated it! Did not help my skin whatsoever and I had to get off it within a week due to bad side effects. Epiduo made my skin burn extremely badly whenever I put it on my face, it made my eyes water and almost had me in tears. As well as that, it made my skin super sensitive, it now stings to put moisturiser, foundation or anything on my skin! My skin went super red & flakey. Would definitely not recommend as I'm still experiencing the redness, sensitivity and extreme dryness after being off Epiduo for 4 days."

Georgia Power November 5, 2016