User Reviews for Epiduo

Learn more about Epiduo.

Epiduo Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 437 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

"When I say I've tried almost everything on the acne on my chest, I really mean it. I broke out all over my torso, upper arms and forehead on holiday when I was 13 and have been in and out of dermatologists ever since. I've tried pills, lotions, changing my diet etc and had no results. I've even been on accutane for four months. I tried one last time and my derm gave me Epiduo. I'm not going to lie, my skin was unbelievably itchy, red and irritated for a while but I began to see results quite quickly. I've been on it for 3 months now and I can honestly say I've never been this clear. Going to see if every other day will keep it going. Might not work for everyone but certainly worked for me."

MrsBUK February 8, 2017

"If I could give this a zero I would. I read a ton of reviews before using this product and I was very confident it would work. Reviews and my dermatologist told me that it would take at least a month for any results to be seen but its been almost 3 months and I'm nearly finished with a bottle and I have seen absolutely no results. if anything my acne is worse. I have been taking birth control for a year and a half now and it completely cleared my face but after being on it for about a year, my face began breaking out worse than ever before. I have horrible cystic acne on my forehead, cheeks, and chin. It's never been this bad thats why I started using epiduo. All its done is waste my time and make my acne worse. I cry every day."

anon34635 February 3, 2017

"I've been on this medication with Doxycycline just now hitting the 4 week mark. It's sad reading all of these reviews with most people saying they have cleared up within two weeks or so. I'm starting to lose a bit of hope seeing as I get at least one to two new pimples a day (averaging out) which is about my usual amount. Even if that doesn't sound like a lot I have cystic acne so it adds up quite quickly! ): I will however say I found this to be super mild compared to Dans acne.org BP which kept me clear for a year and then the acne came back. Epiduo has made my skin texture super soft and nice! It's very smooth feeling which is wonderful, but so far it's not keeping my skin clear or changing the nature of my breakout type/size."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

"It's true. The first two weeks really are horrible. So make sure you don't start this if you have big plans coming up. I broke out in huge spots, my face was red and tender and my skin was flaking off in big pieces. You can not wear make up at this point. If you get cracked corners of your mouth like I did, hydrocortisone 1% really is your saviour. Cleared it up in two days. I moisturised throughout the day with cetaphil and cleansed every morning and night with cetaphil cleanser. Two weeks later, my skin is almost clear. My dryness is almost gone and the scars are fading. Stick with it. It really works. It just gets worse before it gets better"

Acne Annie (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

"I've never written a review before but from the use of Epiduo and two other medicines (tretinoin and minocyclene) my cysts have been brought to white heads over night. I'm only on my 4th day of using this so I'm probabaly in the purging stage, but I'm so happy they aren't deep cysts anymore. I also have a problem with scabs all over my face and with the slight drying this medicine causes the scabs peel off so easily and don't leave a mark. I haven't experienced any of the burning people talk about but my skin has gotten flaky. Hopefully it keeps getting better!"

Rach90 January 29, 2017

"Wait it out! I'm a 32 yr old female that began suffering from adult cystic acne just over a year ago. For some reason, only the right side of my face really broke out and the acne was deep and painful. After using Epiduo for the recommended 3 months, I wasn't seeing results. The itchiness and peeling stopped after only two weeks of using it so I thought the product wasn't even working for me at the 3 month mark. I stuck with it anyway and now at 4 months, I have no more active acne and my skin is baby smooth! The down side to this med is that it caused post inflammatory hyperpigmentation which takes time to fade. But I'm happy that until then, my feels good and there's no more acne!"

Pags (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

"24 years old, I have very hormone-related acne, with oily skin. Used alongside tetralysal and yasmin combined oral contraceptive, works wonders. I ran out over xmas and my skin flared up very badly (I also had exams - I am training to be a doctor - and obviously over the festive period I perhaps indulged in a few sugary treats which I'm sure didn't help...) but epiduo sorted it out in a matter of weeks. As other users have remarked, do be careful as it can burn the skin a little and it becomes a little flaky. If this happens stop using for a few days and moisturise the non-spotty areas which are peeling. I would also recommend lots of fruits and veggies, minimal chocolate, plenty of exercise and regular cleaning of the face."

charlieengland January 13, 2017

"Started epiduo 3 weeks ago for my cystic acne. I have been using proactive for years and it helps with small acne, but did nothing for the hormonal breakouts monthly. All I can say is I wish I would have found epiduo years ago. I love it. My skin is clear, not perfect but so much better. My skin is not dried out like on proactive, and it just is finally smoothing out again. No more big bumps on jaw line and if something starts to pop up, the epiduo works so fast to take care of it. Love this product. I use it nightly and only a small amount for my face and under chin area. I'm giving it a 9 out of 10 because I've only been on it for 3 weeks, but so far so good"

Persian124 (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2017

"This made my skin incredibly sensitive and irritated all the time, it dried out my cheeks and nose, it didn't get rid of hardly any acne. I have to stop using after only about 2 months of use due to the sensitivity."

Mckenzie V January 7, 2017

"Epiduo is honestly the best. I was discouraged the first few months due to my face breaking out worse, having senstive, red, dry patchy skin but it is worth it. The clarity of my skin after using this is refreshing I'm 20 and I've been using it since I was 18. Currently I just use it for spot treatment whenever I have mini break outs!"

hanners January 7, 2017

"EPIDUO saved my life!!! Cant believe I didn't know about this before. I have been using epiduo for about two weeks now my skin cleared the first week. The first few days I used alot and dried my skin. Now I don't have one spot!!! I recommend this product. I don't think this product works for everyone sadly but worth the try! I have my confidence back and will use epiduo for as long as it works"

KK- January 4, 2017

"Epiduo is fantastic. I've only used it for 3 weeks but my skin is so much clearer (I had moderate acne). However it is a prescription treatment and you have to be careful with it: use it sparingly and just once a day, more won't work faster. The best way to do this is to buy a gentle cleanser and moisturiser (Cetaphil and Eucerin are fantastic as they're formulated for skin undergoing acne treatment). Cleanse and moisturise morning and evening, and follow with a very thin layer of Epiduo every evening. The dryness and flaking disappears after 10-14 days, so be patient. If your skin is sensitive, the best thing to do is to apply Epiduo after your moisturiser has sunk in. This creates a barrier but the treatment works just as effectively."

laurallb87 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

"Today marks the end of Week 5 since I started Epiduo Forte. My skin has always been acne prone; but, after dealing with a lot of stress and depression this fall, my skin suffered the worst breakout I've ever experienced. Tiny clusters of small inflamed whiteheads constantly covered my smile lines and inner cheeks, I always had at least 2-3 small cystic bumps, and my skin was extremely congested. I'm holding out hope that Epiduo pays off, but it's Day 36 and my skin is as bad if not worse. The purging has been unbareable at times -- my left jawline broke out into this red mountain of cystic acne around Week 3 and it's only starting to subside, and my tiny whiteheads still show up every few days. I'm giving it through Week 12..."

TGBev (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2016

"I have been using this epiduo gel since 2012 until now. This gel is effective in clearing out the acne. Yes it may cause your skin redness itchy dryness. This past few days my skin is very dry. But i know that this gel is effective so im still using it. Half of my face is already clearing out. Some pimple marks. The other half need patience to be able to clear as well."

Darkangl (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 23, 2016

"I'm 13 and acne has always been a problem for me, I've been bullied and felt self conscious for years, I tried everything from duac to pills but nothing has worked, but then I tried epiduo, I have really seen an improvement on my spots and I feel almost happy with myself. The only problem there is which doesn't make this product a 10 would be how dry it makes your skin feel, yes it takes the oil off but it makes your face feel so dry almost stiff, also if you get it too close under your eyes it burns like a sunburn which isn't good. Overall I recommend this product!"

Romsx13 (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

"It has been decent. I have definitely seen a cut back in my oil production and acne on my neck, however I have been getting breakouts on my cheeks and forehead and I never really did before. I don't see much of a difference other than less oil. My acne location just pretty much relocated."

Madisonowo December 23, 2016

"Love this product! I'm 34 years old and I've had acne for as long as I can remember. This stuff really works for me. I've been using it for about two weeks now and this is the best my skin has ever been. Highly recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2016

"I started using epiduo apx 3 weeks ago with very little advice from the GP. I suffer with breakouts and really sore lumps under the skin across my jaw line and neck. Anyway after a about 2 weeks of using the cream the skin around my eyes and jaw was so red and sore I thought I was having some sort of reaction. I was trying to moisturise as the skin was literally flaking off my face but the stinging was unbearable. After reading this forum I started using cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser and my skin is no longer sore and is clearing up brilliantly. advice - use cetaphil cleanser and moisturise before applying a tiny amount of epiduo, I don't wear makeup in the day so I take my moisturiser with me and top up around lunch time. Bear with it!"

Missdclement (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2016

"Okay so. I've been on Epiduo for about two and a half years now. I'm a swimmer so my face is already dried out enough and I have to use a LOT of moisturiser. And for the past couple of times I've put it on, waited for it to dry, about an hour later I put my moisturiser on and WITHIN MINUTES MY FACE WAS BURNING AND RED. I thought I was having an allergic reaction and was freak if out. so I wet a towel and just put it over my face. It took almost five minutes to calm down. It's done wonders for my skin but I don't know if it's worth it. if my skin dries out anymore wether it be from the chlorine or the Epiduo my face might just flake off all together."

KatieFort December 20, 2016

"I have been doing hours and hours of research on finding a product or solution to my cystic acne. watched everyone stories on youtube. I have tried everything like most of you, spent "

HE- December 17, 2016

"Went on holiday early November and came back with full blown acne on my forehead and cheeks . Tried literally everything and anything I could find and nothing worked. The GP then prescribed epiduo and I was really sceptical as I read reviews of people getting worse before better and all that. I used it twice a day beginning from a Wednesday and by Sunday, I began to see results. By Monday I couldn't believe it, 90% of my spots had gone but the only thing was that I used too much which burned my skin a bit but this is healing. I've been on epiduo exactly 8 days and my acne is gone. Yes I said it gone !!! I was told to give this product 3 months minimum and it's done the job in a week. I highly recommend you try epiduo!!"

Tee0794 December 15, 2016

"This stuff saved me and I can't thank my dermatologist enough! I developed severe acne from hormonal problems at around 18 and I was prescribed epiduo and it cleared up in 3 months, nothing else worked. I used every face wash and hard core acne treatment on the market and NOTHING worked. Epiduo really really works."

Brandiiii December 13, 2016

"Epiduo forte really does work. Tried literally everything else except accutane ( including benzoyl, salicylic acid, clindamycin, tretinoin/retin-a, tetracycline, even birth control) and this is the one. Not completely cured, but sooo much better! Really no more inflammatory acne at all, nothing but small bumps left. Takes a few (like 3) months to work, so don't give up hope!"

Hi-:) December 2, 2016

"Been using this for 2 weeks and my skin is clear for the first time in years! After reading all of the skin irritation horror stories, I decided do cleanse, moisturise, and then use a tiny amount of the cream after the moisturiser sank in so it wasn't quite as harsh. I haven't had any redness and my skin is so smooth and soft! If you have problems with reacting to it, try this. Also the first few nights I only left it on for a few hours. And only use a TINY bit - the bottle suggestes 1 pump per skin area, I spread 1 pump across my entire face. :)"

Hayzee93 (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

"I am in week 2 of epiduo, I noticed that I'm getting a lot of pimples around my forehead area. I don't understand why because my forehead didn't have any pimples before I started using epiduo. Hopefully it will improve because I'm really insecure. I feel like when I talk to others that's all they look at! Anyways, epiduo burns really bad and I have dry patches of skin. Whenever I touch it, it starts burning."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016