User Reviews for Epiduo

Learn more about Epiduo.

Epiduo Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 430 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

"At the age of 24, I unfortunately developed severe acne on my lower face. Tried everything the dermo suggested, antibiotics.. Some prescribed creams...then Epiduo. Doctor told me I'd have some irritation/dryness/redness and my acne might get worse before it got better for a few weeks... So for 12 weeks i patiently followed the doctors directions using the suggested cleanser/ moisturizer for the dryness and my nightly pea size application of Epiduo. This product..*sigh* made my acne WORSE.. For 12 weeks!!! More painful deep zits, bigger pores, more outbreaks... Like i didn't even go out anymore it was so bad. I quit using it from frustration and oddly my acne cleared up 90%. maybe I had a reaction? Who knows."

Mollymollls (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2016

"I am currently taking Minocycline and I just got a face peel a week ago. A few days after my face peel, my face still wasn't improving very well. I started using my Epiduo cream and my face is almost completely clear. It has made my face dry and it burns pretty bad, but with lotion, it isn't bad at all. I am very impressed. I am sure that the medication and the face peel has both made an impact on my face, but the Epiduo is helping a lot! I was skeptical of using this product since I have read that the acne will get worse before it gets better. That has not happened to me."

Shannon S. August 24, 2016

"So I was prescribed this medication a while ago, but I basically gave up every time things got painful. That for me, was about 5th day in. I'd been told to persevere and that the pain and dryness would stop after the first 2 weeks. But I decided to only use it when I had breakouts. However, this medication brings out the acne before clearing it, so of course your acne is going to get worse before it gets better. HOWEVER, I now use it everyday. I have very sensitive skin so I can't use a lot of moisturisers because they burn. But I'm using some Garnier moisturiser and an oil based one from lush whenever my skin feels a little dry, and I have not had a painful night since. And no extreme dryness or flaking either. Brilliant!"

Zolio August 23, 2016

"So I have had this gel for around 3 days (not long at all) I have had awful bad acne since I can remember... never a clear face , make up always looked awful due to the ugly spots and lumps under my foundation. Excessive oils on my face which would be there constantly and also very noticeable to everyone else as I kept getting toldI was sweating ! I've tried everything ! Until I got the courage to go doctors after debating spending a ridiculous amount on MAC make up determine that the cheaper make up was the problem ... Gp told me I had acne and 3 days after using the gel provided my skin is oil free and spots are disappearing before my eyes ! A bit of burning as I apply but its to be expected as the gp told me at the time of recieving Fab"

Jojayjau August 21, 2016

"This product is AMAZING. For my whole life i thought the condition I had was rosacea and spent literally £100's of pounds on these worthless moisturisers thinking it would work Its magic.. But no. So I had enough of my bad skin and went to my GP. She actually said I had acne and prescribed me epiduo gel.. Which was £8... Oh my God i cannot believe how amazing this stuff is. So for the first few weeks my face was RED and dry and so sensitive it hurt! I literally couldn't put any products on my face and had to buy the most moisturising moisturer from Clinique which helped alot... However, the results, even after few weeks were so noticeable! I'm so HAPPY this has worked wonders for me."

Christina khatchikian (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2016

"I am 25 and in the last 6 months I have been getting very stubborn, under the skin pimples on my cheeks. I have tried endless face washes and scrubs but nothing has worked like epiduo and was always left feeling disappointed and doubtful. I went to the docs and he prescribed epiduo, it has been a week and my right side has cleared up tremendously!! I am so happy with the results and can't wait to see my skin in about a month. Yes i get a slight burning sensation when I apply it before I go to sleep and my skin has dried up on those areas but acne is caused by excessive amounts of oils on the skin. If you want your acne to disappear you need to dry the oils out!"

Sam - 25 August 11, 2016

"Im going into hs, and my acne was getting pretty bad around my chin and forehead. It felt like every face wash did not work. My brother had been using epiduo and his face was clesring, so my doctor prescribed for me to give it a try. I was afraid id break out in hives and it would get bad from stories i read about proactive. After about 3 weeks, those cysts and hard acne disapeared . Follow the directions when it says once a day bc you dont want to irritate your skin. I to this day am using and havent gotten awful breakout since. I only get small whiteheads every once ina while. I feel like this product helped bc now i dont need to spend 50+ on facewash bc everything is fine as ling as i got my epiduo. Give it try and dont give up."

JULIA August 2, 2016

"I'm on my 3rd week of using epiduo. My skin has improved dramatically. Just waiting for the redness to disappear. Highly recommend"

Sambo p August 2, 2016

"I used this for about 7-8 months straight before it ran out. I used it once a day on my entire face, since most of my face has acne. It helped prevent breakouts and reduced pimples, but it never actually cleared up my whole face. Now that it's gone I'm going to go find a medication that will actually clear up everything."

SamGuyPerson August 1, 2016

"I've been on this medication for a little over two months. These past two months have been a roller coaster with my skin. The first week, my skin cleared up. By the second week, everything got worse. There have been times where my skin was very tender and any face wash or lotion I used made my skin burn. It really sucks but it's been working for me. I've read other reviews and people said it's going to get worse before it gets better. I had horrible acne for a few weeks. I use it now day and night religiously. I only put it on the affected areas. This past week I haven't had one breakout. My advice is stick with it for at least a few months."

yokahontas08 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2016

"I have used this product for only like 3 days now and it instantly made me breakout, my face is now 3x as bad as it was when i started it."

Thehorndog July 28, 2016

"I was prescribed with epiduo 1.5 weeks ago and at first it was already getting significantly better but then about a week ago, I started to get sunburned and flakiness on my face. My acne has also gotten worse. So I am currently hoping that in about a week it will start to get better"

Maggiefilms July 28, 2016

"Perfect!!! I been on this medication for about 3 months now omg a huge improvement. My face was horrible huge acne cyst that j would try to pop and nothing work. When I started medication my face was very irritated started peeling got very red look like I was sunburn I couldn't be in the sun more than an hour because I will look like a tomatoe. Now my face is clear redness free no cyst Acne free. Best thing ever highly recommended."

89Jenp July 25, 2016

"As with all perscription acne medicine it gets worse before it gets better. I have th 2.0% perscription some of the reviewers may need a lower dosage or to use it less. But you have to have patience when using any prescription for acne. For me it took almost two months for my face to finally get used to the medication. First I broke out more, then came the burning and itching. Yes it's a pain. Lucky for me I'm a teacher so I was able to hide out while my body was getting use to it. Once the irritation started I stopped using it daily and started using it every other day. If you don't have severe ance this product is not for you and it may be more trouble than it's worth. But for those with severe acne highly recommend it. Good luck !"

Breakingout (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2016

"I have had acne all my life and I'm now 24 so getting pretty fed up with it so I got this gel prescribed by a Superdrug doctor. Honestly the best thing I've ever done. The first few days I used it my spots went down dramatically and then after the 3rd day the redness started, although it wasn't as awful as I was expecting. My skin was very very sensitive and did look like sunburn but I decided to put some bronzer on my nose and it looked like I had just caught the sun! Win win. My skin was veryyyy flakey everytime I ate or spoke it would crack but I just applied Simple Spot Free moisturiser with cotton wool and it kept it under controll. Now on my 3rd week in the redness has gone, my skin is expectedly dry but I'm totally spot free."

Dink992 (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

"I have been using this for 3 days and I'm in awful pain and my face looks terrible like I have got really bad sunburn would not recommend anyone use this product as my skin is flaking and my moisturiser is causing to much extra pain."

Lubeyloo July 15, 2016

"I've been using epiduo every night for about to weeks. I haven't seen any results yet. I've tried many acne medications before and my acne still isn't going away. i hope this will start working soon."

gwizzle926 July 13, 2016

"Started using epiduo and within 6 months, my face had cleared up and i had perfect skin. Did experience a burning sensation the first few weeks i used it."

Tuva (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2016

"This is my 2 1/2 week on epiduo. My skin is clearing up a bit. I'm still getting used to the medication so there is slight buring and irritation and dry, flaky skin when I wake up for work. The doctor said it will subside so I'm just waiting it out. A bit uncomfortable but I'm willing to see how it goes."

Casanova5 July 11, 2016

"I am so happy my doctor prescribed this to me. My breakouts were so bad before this it's so much better now. Love it!!"

Evelyn is awesome July 9, 2016

"I have been taking this less than a month and my acne has gotten significantly worse. The amount of acne has tripled since I stared using this product. Don't waste your money, this does not work!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2016

"I struggled with acne for about 4 years. within months of taking epiduo I have almost perfect skin with a minor breakout every once in a while. I tried so many treatments before epiduo and this was the first thing that worked. I highly recommend it!"

riss10010 July 6, 2016

"Have been on it for about 4 weeks and have certainly noticed a difference in my skin. The first couple of weeks were pretty uncomfortable, but getting a no-alcohol moisturiser certainly helped with the burning sensation. For the first week I looked like I had a bad sunburn, and my skin is still peeling a bit, but not nearly as badly. Side effects calm down and so does your acne! Just stick with it."

acnemum (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2016

"I'm 18 and I've had mild to moderate acne including pimples, small bumps on my forehead and cheeks. I finally decided I had enough and was prescribed Epiduo. The first night I only put it on for a couple hours and the following nights I put it on every other night. During the middle of week two, my skin became very sensitive, started to peel like a sunburn and my face was slightly swollen. I patted on Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion and Cortisone 10 on the more severe parts for two days straight all day. I also put a cold towel on my face which helped a lot. It hurt, but it got better. Just be patient. I'm on week three and my skin is almost clear! Overall, this stuff really works, but patience is very important."

Victoria W (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

"Please don't give up on this product too quickly. For the first week or so, it's going to burn and your skin's going to feel extremely dry and tight. However, it will go away in time! My skin has never looked better after a few months of use. Just remember to moisturize every day, always use sunscreen when it's sunny out (or use a moisturizer with SPF), and use about a pea sized amount (it really goes a long way)."

Kendallynn June 27, 2016