User Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

Epiduo Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 389 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo

"I'm not saying Epiduo is a bad medicine but for me it didn't do any good. I turned out to be allergic to it. I only applied it 2 times and the next morning my face was all red, felt burning and started to flake off. I stoped using Epiduo immediately. But now 3 days have gone by and my face is still extremely red. I've never felt this horrendous and ugly. I went back to the dermatologist and got a creme against the redness. I hope it will go away soon. I'm never using Epiduo again!"

Kate (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2019

"I have never had a problem with my skin while I was growing up until I got to the age of 21. Then I come out covered in spots on my chin and forehead area really bad! I tried everything, all good brands, none worked. I got facials which made them worse I got a TC peel on my chin which ruined my skin don’t do it - it took layers of my face of! I am now 22 tried Epiduo gel which burns my face a lot and makes it red and peel! I have been on this cream over 10 weeks and I have really started to see a difference only in the last 3 weeks. My face has really cleared up the side effects aren't the best but I can live with it as long as I am getting my clear skin back. I still have the odd spot coming through but nothing like it was. Moisturising isn’t the best as I had to to stop the peeling but it’s burning when I do it I use Kiel’s products which are really good but seen reviews people are using cetaphil while on this cream so gonna give that a go and see how I get on"

J June 6, 2019

"I'm using Epiduo gel for 5 weeks now and still am ... NO DIFFERENCE! If anything it's made me break out more and more. Every single day I wake up to a new 5 spots my right cheek is filled with redness and spots I can't even see my own skin on my cheek anymore. My left cheek never use to get spots but now I'm getting loads . My chin ain't even my chin it's just a spot location. I was soooooooo excited about this medicine (epiduo gel) doctor even gave me oral medication but nothing is working. I drink water all day , green tea I do everything correctly but see no difference . I've had acne since 14/15 and I'm 21."

T May 31, 2019

"First of all, after reading the other reviews, I see that A LOT of people stop using this because of the redness, dryness, and burning it causes. If you stick with it for 2 weeks, the burning and redness subsides! You cannot give up on this product (or ANY other acne product) after only using it for a week. With that being said, I too experienced the irritation and dryness in the few weeks. I honestly love how much it makes your skin peel because it allows your past acne scars to fade! Yes, the dryness is annoying (especially if you are a makeup wearer)... but you have to look at the bright side, it fades your scars! I’ve been using this for 1 month and have seen drastic changes already in my skins appearance and texture. I alternate between using Epiduo and Tretinoin at night. I had already been on Tretinoin for 3 months before adding Epiduo to my routine, so I did not experience a purge like other people do."

Brooklyn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2019

"My sister uses Epiduo and it works wonders for her so I went to the doctors and got prescribed with it a while back. I started to use this medication recently and it started to clear my skin while I was appropriately using it. After less than a week of using it, my skin started to burn and turn red and it was incredibly dry to where I couldn’t hydrate it. I woke up with an awful hive on my cheek and dry skin with a red complexion, and that was me taking one night off with it. It might just be my skin but I am very uncomfortable with how I look right now and I don’t think I will be using this product anymore. If it works for you then I would suggest to keep using it because it does get rid of blemishes fast, but once you notice something wrong please stop using it immediately."

B May 18, 2019

"I was prescribed Epiduo and Onexton by my dermatologist about three weeks ago. When I started Epiduo I didn’t notice much but a tightening feeling after applying. The first four days I noticed it made my acne significantly smaller, and flat. But after the 5th day my face started burning insanely after every application. So bad I wanted to cry and I would want to stick my face in the freezer. I dreaded every application. My face would burn all day and I was feeling horribly all over my face. I couldn’t even apply moisturizer or makeup because it would sting. I guess my face was too sensitive for such a harsh product :/ I have mild hormonal acne, with blackheads and milia in my jaw and cheek region."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2019

"I was prescribed epiduo by my dermatologist after being on oral antibiotics. My skin is extremely sensitive and I have been suffering from hormonal acne for the past 3.5years. I applied epiduo for the first time and my skin turned red, dry and patchy. I was also breaking out much more on the areas that I applied the cream. Hence, I stopped applying the cream. I later heard from my doctor that this was a normal reaction and have to be used for a minimum 4-6 weeks in order to see results. So, I decided to give it a try again a few weeks later after my skin had healed. This time, I broke out even more on my chin and had several cystic acne that has been so painful to deal with. Beyond that, my skin started to burn and even my lips turned so dry. Now, I'm dealing with the newly formed cystic acne and dry skin. I do not recommend epiduo for sensitive skin."

Jey (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2019

"Every week I used to have 3-4 spots and it was mostly after shaving. For the first time in life I had to visit dermatologist in 31 years. Doc asked me, for 1 week apply for 30 mins at night and then wash it off. After 2 nights, I felt everything is ok and applied Epiduo for the whole night. Morning was ok until I applied sunscreen. It burned my skin as if someone poured hot chilly water on my face. By afternoon I could see dry face and by evening my face was red as burnt. For 1 week I kept applying for only 30 mins and then clean it. Acne is gone completely and my skin has become very smooth. I thought it will also help me with removing existing scars of earlier acne but it doesn’t."

MalluBoy (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2019

"I started Epiduo a week ago and I must say there has been a difference .. I experienced a few breakouts a few days after I started using it but nothing to worry about. I went from using it every night to three times a week as I got a lot of stinging on my face when I tried using a cleanser or moisturiser with it . I also got a sunscreen to use during the day cos guys you ok definitely need that .. but overall this is a great product to try .. it creates a new skin and my face is feeling fresh and healthy."

Soswit (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2019

"OKAY so I had basically perfect skin all my life and then all of a sudden Ihad terrible acne only on my forehead. Nothing worked and the I got put on Tactupump Forte. The first couple weeks to 2 months was brutal. I wanted to give up so badly. Face burned completely, all the way down to my cheeks and my eyes were swollen every time I woke up in the morning. I stuck through it and believed in this cream because nothing else was working. Fast forward to almost 4 months on it and I basically have clear skin. A minor breakout (1-2 pimples at most) here and there due to hormones, but other than that I can walk out with no makeup and feel so confident. If you’re starting this and your face is burning, I know it’s hard but stick through it! You can do it! The results are so worth it, and I’d go through that terror all over again to have my clear skin back."

Kanonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2019

"I’ve been using Epiduo for a few months now. At first, I thought it made chemical burns on my skin. I quickly found out that it was my moisturizer. Many dermatologist recommended using the moisturizer with EpiDuo. I strongly recommend against that. The two don’t mix. My routine involves EpiDuo once a week with no moisturizer. For example, I use EpiDuo on Wednesday night. On Thursday through Saturday night I use a moisturizer, then on Sunday through Tuesday I act as if my skin wasn’t there and I don’t ever touch it with anything but water. It’s less harsh on your skin and less effort. It has worked miracles for me. And personally, I use Triamcinolone Cream Rx as my moisturizer. I’ve seen a big clear up."

Alexandria (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2019

"I was prescribed epiduo due to trying a few different antibiotics and topic/steroid creams but nothing worked. I have 'adult acne' didn't come out until after I had my daughter. First day I used it, everything was fine and I saw a slight improvement the very next day!! I did think that maybe it was just my cycle clearing up...(I'd get about 5-7 days a month of almost completely clear skin)...but continued and remained optimistic anyways...haven't had an outbreak since! - been using it for 4 weeks now...although, I put it on tonight and for the first time my face feels like it's on fire!! I don't know if I've used too much or what!? But will try less tomorrow night and talk to doctor about it too...but I would say to try it, think of it as marmite - you're either going to love it or hate it."

JazTheFifer (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2019

"I did not get the purge effect from epiduo, my skin just slowly got better bit by bit and is now SO much smoother and clearer. I used to have 5+ breakouts constantly on my face - mostly cheeks, chin, jawline - but now I just get the ocassional spot that fades fairly quickly. Getting used to Tactupump, it burnt my face like heck though, definitely don’t use more than a large pea size (max!!) on your entire face. Using more will not make it work faster or better, it will just burn your face off and make your skin unbearably tender. **Also, if there’s one thing I can’t recommend enough, it would be getting a physical (rather than chemical) sunscreen to use in the daytime over your moisturizer. I use cerave AM SPF 30 in the daytime and thankfully this does not burn my skin like avobenzone does (a chem sunscreen)."

Sensitive skin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2019

"This burnt my skin and it hurts. Never get this"

ELLIE (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

"Epiduo worked except it didn’t make my sub clinical forehead acne go away in the long term. I didn’t have any redness or flakiness, it was great but I’ve used two rounds of this and I understand you have to use everyday but there’s been a day here and there I’ve accidentally missed but have been fairly religious with as I noticed as a massive difference, just haven’t seen the forehead acne disappear forever unfortunately. Trialling more natural products ATM."

K94 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2019

"I have been using epiduo for 3 months and it is the best my skin has looked in years. I have had mild to moderate acne (all the kinds, cystic, blackheads, whitehead, comedones) for 10 years. I tried everything (antibiotics, tretinoin, differin, other prescription benzoyl washes and creams over the years) pretty much everything except accutane. Before this, I was using tretinoin but it was always very irritating and drying to my skin so I had trouble staying consistent. Epiduo is a godsend; it isn't irritating at all and I use it daily in conjunction with prescription benzoyl peroxide wipes twice per day (I have been able to decrease to once daily now that my skin is clear). Hopefully these effects will last but so far I am delighted. I finally look like an adult."

finallyclearskin1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2019

"I had really bad acne on my chin and cheeks. I tried everything but nothing worked for me and it only got worse. I then started with Epiduo and now after 11 weeks my face is so clear again! I still have some bad scars and really oily skin but it's worth it! The first 2 weeks were horrible because it only got worse and it hurt so bad but after a month or 2 you will really see a difference!"

Violex (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2019

"It works but don't give up before you give it a chance. I initially broke out more but as time went on my skin became clearer. Also just use 1 pump adding more really did not help nor make it work quicker. But I'm super happy to finally have clear skin. I may get 1 to 2 per month but that is only around my cycle."

Lovemybabies (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

"I’ve been using epiduo for 3 days. My acne is not very severe but I would say that I’ve quite a few pimples. First night that I used it my face didn’t react so badly and I was happy because as for one night my face got a lot better even discolouration brightened. Then came nights 2&3 - my face is really red (I look like homeless alcoholic) despite that I use good moisturiser. Now I notice that I got 3 new pimples. Even though I'm not going to give up, probably I will take a break and let my face breathe a little, bit on the whole I’m positive about epiduo"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

"I am 39 and had bad problems with cystic acne since I was 20. Was put on epiduo 2.5 months ago and I am now seeing a massive improvement and difference. I am hoping it is the epiduo and not something else temporary - but so far all is looking great. No problem acne forming, smoother skin. I have tried everything before. The only thing that ever worked before was roaccuttane but is not worth the awful side effects and would never do it again. Hoping epiduo is the fix I have been looking for, for 20 years."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2019

"(Must Read) I had some acne scars on my face, and I'm light skined. It caused my face to burn and change my skin complexion from light skin to dark skin. It's bad.Now I have to cover my face to go class.. It just made discoloration around mouth and cheeks in 1 week."

Brit January 19, 2019

"This stuff works wonders! I’ve only been on it for a few months and my moderate acne has already cleared up. Too bad I didn’t get on this before, I could’ve prevented a lot of scarring."

K91709 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

"I have started using Epiduo for the last few months, so far so good, it's normal to have the breakouts for the first 2 weeks, I was already aware since I've been reading a lot of reviews before I take it. It did enlarge my acne but just trust the process, after that I kept on getting better results, my acne started to shrink. I use moisturizer before applying it since it really stings, and it helped a lot to prevent so much flaking of my skin. Epiduo is a great product, not sure why it doesn't work for everyone but I recommend to try it first and see the result yourself."

Laniee (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2019

"I have used epiduo on and off for 2 years. At the end of the day... epiduo strips your skin of its natural oils and leaves it dry and pale because it also bleached your skin. I had decent skin before using epiduo but the moment I started taking it my skin broke out EVERYWHERE and flaked and was extremely sensitive. The whole “gets worst before it gets better" never worked for me - it is not worth it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2018

"I have used epiduo for about a year and a half. I’ve gone back and forth with many creams. The first 10 months was great. Everything was cleared up. I continued to use it and just a few months ago I got back to where I was before. Nothing is helping me and I still continue to use it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2018