User Reviews for Epiduo to treat Acne

Epiduo Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 321 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Epiduo

Liz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 8, 2020

“I have had acne my whole life. It started to get extremely bad when my Dr. put me on birth control for hormone therapy. At first I didn't really think the Epiduo cream was working because it made my face worse for 2 good months. My neck would itch extremely bad and when I would work out it would turn bright red. I had read some reviews that said DON'T GIVE UP!! It took a good 6 months for my face to clear but it was so worth it!! This medicine does take time to work but I promise you will feel so much better in the end! Stick with it and you will see results!”

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

“I have suffered with acne since I was 11 years old and I am now 25 years old. I have tried every single prescription medication and over the counter, drugstore treatments going. This was the last resort before starting a course of Accutane which I was very apprehensive about. Nothing has ever worked or came close to working. I used epiduo every night for 3 months until I started to see results. I have hyerpigmentation and scarring but 70 percent of the month I wake up with no or only small whiteheads. Certain times of the month it worsens due to hormones but this isn't an issue compared to what it was like for years before trying this. Its no way perfect or ideal but it's something!”

Cruz · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

“Epiduo has honestly been the only product which has had a significant impact on my skin. My acne got much worse on epiduo for a couple of months (worse than ever before), but I stuck with it and now five months into treatment, my acne has completely gone. Only minor scars remain from the intense period which are getting less notable by the day. I definitely recommend anyone suffering with moderate acne to try it!”

Jess June 1, 2020

“This was a lifesaver! I struggled with genetic acne for about 6 years until I came across Epiduo. I used it three times a week for about 3 weeks and then after I used it every night. My skin completely cleared up within two months! It WILL make your skin very dry so I would recommend using a hydrating toner, and make sure your skin care products aren’t too strong as the combination of them and epiduo will irritate your skin (my mistake! If it does happen, invest in a skin regenerating night cream to bring back your natural oils) I also used alpha arbutin serum to fade scars and SPF30 in my moisturiser which helped a lot! For great results make sure your whole routine is well tailored, don’t rely on this alone! And stay consistent!”

Aris · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 17, 2020

“Pros: Clears acne, mainly teenage acne vulgaris in an amazing way it should have got a 10 grade Cons: Dries your skin and if you have dry skin then you will have problem at the winter months Tip: Use a pea sized and a half amount to the whole face don't overuse it and you won't have dryness It completely deserves its money it's a life saver”

Sybil May 3, 2020

“This is my third week of epiduo. All my life I’ve had beautiful skin. Until I turned 28 and had horrible hormonal acne on my cheeks and jawline. The acne is a combination of blackheads, cysts, comedones, white heads and IT IS PAINFUL. My skin is oily too! I just look at my face and want to cry. My doctor prescribed epiduo and Dermaplex soap free face scrub and the first week burnt like anything. My skin felt like it was on fire and I was told to use an SPF moisturizer along with it burnt as soon as I applied anything, the itchiness was irritating too but I pushed through. I’m on my third week and I still have these hard bumps under my skin and whiteheads that seem to come overnight but I’m being patient as I heard that it takes about 2 months to see real results. I want to avoid any oral treatment for my acne as I’m trying to have a baby and meds like accutane are said to cause severe birth defects. I will give an update in a few weeks about the epiduo and the baby. Wish me luck!”

clearedmerightup! · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 1, 2020

“Used Epiduoyears ago after coming off of oral contraceptives. Worked very well and I didn't have to use it for a few years afterwards. Recently, I'm having hormonal breakouts again around my chin and cheekbones, so I got another prescription. Works like a charm! PLEASE NOTE: moisturize first, let the moisturizer completely dry (to avoid the cream being absorbed too rapidly into the skin), and then apply the TINIEST amount to the affected areas and spread it thin. AVOID your eyes or anywhere even near your eyes! DO NOT use it everyday when you first start using it! ONLY use it once a day! Using it more frequently will not improve your results! You have to build a tolerance or your face will burn like fire! If it starts to burn, then give yourself a day or 2 break before trying again. Hope this helps.”

Cinders · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 28, 2020

“GUYS! At first, do NOT use it every day as it's too strong, hence the side effects you're writing about! Instead, use it twice a week - it really DOES help.”

Ev · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2020

“I used Epiduo for about 2 month on my moderate comedonal acne. I began braking out everywhere in places I normally wouldn’t. At first I just thought it was purging but it lasted for the whole time. I personally believe the epiduo made my skin worse. It’s worth a try but not for me!”

Abi · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2020

“I've only being using it for 5 days but the first 2 days it was fine but I have now developed a burning sensation leaving red mark's on my cheeks and making the skin around my cheeks, nose and mouth really dry and flaky”

A · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2020

“I’ve been on it since November because my acne started to look bad so I went to the dermatologist. The dermatologist said I was “starting” to scar near my mouth a little bit so she prescribed me epiduo. It’s now the middle of February so I’ve been on it about 11 weeks and my face is covered in scars I never had before. I really don’t recommend this at all unless you already have bad scarring. I’m scared to stop using it because apparently you break out like crazy. Any suggestions? I never really noticed any scarring until I used this product and I’m starting to be very self conscious about it. Occasionally my breakouts seem calmer but as a whole I hate that I ever started this.”

BH · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2020

“I’ll start off by saying, if you have just started using this product DO NOT use it consistently ( every night for example) I used this 2 nights in a row woke up with dry red patches all over my face, it was so so dry never experienced anything like it before. I thought I’d had a reaction and got scared but I moisturised with E45 cream and now my face is looking amazing!! Only had it a few days and can already see a huge difference. If you do get redness/ dry patches do not panic like I did! But I would advise not using it every night until your skin gets used to it and especially if your skin is sensitive. Overall, I think Epiduo works miracles and a lot of other people seem to agree too! Can’t wait to see my skin in a few months time.”

Tom · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2020

“I am using epiduo for 2 months now, but I don't see any visible results yet, my acne just gotten worse. But I've read that you need to use at least 3 months, so I hope it will start working.”

ells · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

“I have been using epiduo gel for about 2-3 days. I stupidly put it around my eyes and now they have really badly swollen up and got a rash around them, also got crust on my chin and nose, it doesn’t look like anything’s changing!”

Giorge · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

“I was prescribed lymecline and epiduo for acne. I had been using this for 2 month with a vegan diet in addition my skin didn’t improve at all in fact got worse. Maybe it works well with other people but not me...”

Cookie February 11, 2020

“Been using epiduo 0.1 gel for around 2 month, the first few days after using my skin was on fire but I carried on the next night and from then on and it never happened again. The doctor did tell me I would get this burn so I knew it was normally and not a reaction. I am super pleased with the results I've not had huge bumps or spots and if I have got a pimple within the day it’s gone it doesn’t progress in to a huge angry looking lump. If your just starting using this gel keep going the results are amazing.”

Nora · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

“I’m only on my first week, I’ve suffered with acne for a good 10 plus years now and had most treatments out there. Recently my acne was getting worse, so a doctor prescribed me this. I can’t comment on wether it works just yet but the burning is horrendous! I have sores around my mouth and under one eye, even with only using it as directed. I skin care routine never used to give me this sensation so I’m crossing my fingers this goes away ”

Nicky · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2020

“I absolutely loved using this Epiduo gel/cream as it worked so amazingly for my skin and got rid of my cystic acne in 2-3 days!! But there is a warning side to it; it can severely peel and damage your skin (I don’t have sensitive skin). I stopped using Epiduo as I realised my skin became use to it and it basically stopped working on my skin. But I definitely recommend it for people who want an instant overnight result as this really does work overnight!!”

Mac · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2020

“My 12 Year old son, had blackheads and acne on his chin and forehead. The dermatologist recommended as low dose antibiotic along with the Epiduo cream. At first it didn't seem like it was working but I think it was because he wasn't consistent with the applications. Now his face is glowing and he's very happy with the results. He's been using it for two months.”

acnejourneyx · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

“My doctor prescribed me epiduo around 7 weeks ago and I have been using it ever since. I have experienced the burning sensation throughout the process so far, however it is not major. I've had mild peeling/dry skin, the area that's been the most dry are my eyelids - but I have been using cetaphil moisturiser to help with this. I definitely had a bad purging stage within the first 4 weeks, which then subsided. However, I am still purging around my chin quite badly (large lumps under the skin), and I really hope that this subsides as I have heard that perseverance is key and that it may take up to 3 months to improve. Is anyone else still experiencing purging at week 7?”

MEH January 16, 2020

“I am a 25 yr female. I used Epiduo for 6 weeks, only on my chin. I always had two spots I would get recurring larger cysts and I wanted to be proactive to prevent them. My dermatologist prescribed this to me at night in combination with Aczone in the morning. It immediately started to purge my skin. I kept reading the reviews on this site which encouraged me to continue to stick through this purging period. However, this cream was too harsh on my skin and was contributing to the irritation and acne that was surfacing. I stopped at the 6 week mark and am left with a lot of scarring. I know this works for some people, but this didn't work for me. There are other less aggressive but still effective options. If you are going through the purging stage and feel like it is being too aggressive, I recommend switching to every other day and making an appointment with your dermatologist asap. Once my dermatologist saw my face after a week of not taking it, he knew it wasn't working the way it should.”

Jade January 5, 2020

“I was prescribed this cream by my dermatologist for my hormonal / comedonal acne and been using it for 7 weeks. In the beginning I applied it every other day or every two days as my skin was burning intensely and felt so sensitive. Now the burning has thankfully subsided I use it pretty much everyday. I’m still going through the annoying purging stage and I really hoped / thought it would have stopped by now. I started to feel disappointed thinking it isn’t working for me but from what I’ve now read, it can continue worsening acne for up to 3 months before it gets better so I’m persevering and hoping for good results come the end. It has dried my skin out on my chin excessively and caused a lot of redness which was expected. Fingers crossed for good results in a few more weeks and a road to clear skin!”

Lea · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2020

“Do not give up!! I was about to stop my treatment but I'm glad I kept going. It is week 10 for me and it just started to clearing up. I had a bad, massive break out at week 9 and seriously thought it wasn't working for me. And now it's finally getting better. So do not give up, even if it seems it's not working I promise it will, just be patient.:)”

wenz · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2020

“This Epiduo was a miracle cream! Coupled with antibiotics, it completely cured my acne and clogged pores. The first 2-3 months was absolutely terrible. So i urge all of you to not give up on the treatment. The clogged pores started to become pimples and I had to squeeze all of them out. Things got better after the 4 month and now I'm into my 5 month with no clogged pores or pimples at all!!!!! So guys if you are using this for the first 2-3 months and are experiencing a purge, please DO NOT give up on it. Keep persevering and you'll see the light. I used the gel every night and it made my face red and itchy but I continued on and eventually when things got better I cut down to applying it once every two days.”

Bianca · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 26, 2019

“Have been using Epiduo for 3 months my acne has only gotten worse”

Learn more about Acne

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)