User Reviews for Epiduo

Acne 478 reviews 562 medications

7.4
Summary of Epiduo reviews 478 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Epiduo

For Acne "The product gave me extreme rashes and my face was itchy for the next couple of days. My whole face was extremely swollen, it is possible I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This product is so bizarre and dangerous, I stopped using it after two months of it doing nothing but dry out my face to the point where it was constantly peeling and actually made my acne worse. Still looking for a treatment, but I will never go back to using synthetic products like this. The chemicals burned my face sometimes when I applied it, and ultimately the cystic acne that it healed came back even with continued use. If you're looking for a treatment, try natural methods first. I don't recommend this product; it's what my dermatologist gave me because she gives that to everyone who walks in with acne. It's not for everyone."

akz44 July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have used this in the past and was just prescribed it again. I only use a pea sized amount three times a week because it can be very drying and harsh. I do want to point out the first night I used it, when I woke up the next morning it looked like my pillowcase was bleached. Couldn't figure out what caused it until two nights later when I used it again, same thing the next morning. Be careful."

Tee56 July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started using Epiduo after getting severe cystic acne on my jaw line. Firstly I used way too much and too often and my skin became red raw and flaky. For this to work without redness use it very sparingly, one drop on your index is plenty and don't rub it in vigourously. I use it once a day after I shower before bed and it works wonderfully. I do still suffer a few spots on my mensural cycle but they aren't as bad as what they were. The only problem is we are planning for a family in a few months and this can't be used during pregnancy which is a shame because my hormones will be crazy. Be patient when using this product it does take about four weeks to work but it's worth the wait."

Goldie-Lee July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I been using this medication for about a month now and when it comes to my acne I see a difference, However I have rashes, extremely bad burning sensation every time I apply moisturizer and an itch all over my face ! I have even consider to stop its use ."

JENSY (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been using epiduo gel for a little over a month now and my face has cleared up perfectly....I use epiduo 1 day on 1 day off as I found using it like this doesn't dry your skin out as much. I've also been applying dermal lotion to help with the redness and drying of skin and I'm so happy with the results. You need to be persistent and patient but it does actually work"

Cat6112 June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I cut my Accutane medication short one month because of the damage it did on my lips....for the most part, my crazy acne cleared but I still had mild breakouts (especially during my menstrual cycle). My dermatologist prescribed me Epiduo and a certain wash. I'd recommend applying it around 3-4 times a week before bed because YES it does dry out the skin but that's how it clears the acne and renews your skin. After a couple of days of use, you will feel a burning sensation but it's tolerable--just keep your face hydrated the next morning by moisturizing (I find morroccon oil or vitamin e cream helpful) OVERALL, GREAT product that does the job and makes you feel confident again....no pain, no gain! results within a month!"

bzara June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This is an amazing solution for acne. If you are getting flaky skin or it's burning you are using too much. You only need a lea size (even smaller) amount to rub everywhere. I have been on it for 2 years and very rarely get a pimple anymore. Even after this long of I put more that a pea amount on I get blotchy and flaky so be very frugal!"

Winnie1234 June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This acne medication is amazing! Has nearly completely cleared up my severe body acne (chest and back) in almost two weeks. The only downside is the harsh drying side effect it has had on my skin as well as the rash that started two days after use. In saying this, the rash cleared right up with some hydro-cortisone cream so it wasn't a super big deal. All in all, it really does work and I am super pleased with my results."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This drug is very effective in clearing acne, which is awesome, but it has very very harsh side effects. I used this drug two days in a row when I first got it (bad decision on my part) and woke up the next day with burning bright red skin that was sore and hot to the touch. People asked if I had gotten a severe sunburn! It really helped with my acne and definitely cleared my skin a lot, but the side effects made it impossible for me to use. It has now been 3 days since I last used it and my skin is peeling like crazy. I am using it in conjunction with clindamycin phosphate gel, a much gentler medication, and plan to only use epiduo 2x a week because of the horrible side effects. Make sure you moisturize and ease into using the medication!"

sophduf (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I am a 24 year old female that has suffered acne from the age of 14. I tried all expensive products, facials and peels. Nothing worked until I was recommended Epiduo from my local GP. I never want to get off this product!!! It took a while to start seeing results, maybe about a month. my skin did get a lot worse before it got better. I have been using this product for 9 months now and won't get a single pimple for a few weeks. I still use it every night but am trying to skip a day here and there. My scarring is starting to fade and I can go out of the house wearing no makeup now. I would recommend it to anyone"

Chris930 June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Having started on the mini pill about 6 months ago my acne reared its ugly head very badly again, I went to the doctors and was put on antibiotics for a few months, this worked amazingly after a couple of months and I was thrilled. However I started having bad side effects from being on these for too long so stopped the treatment, within about two weeks I was having major break outs again, so depressing!! I went back to the doctors, she prescribed me epiduo. I was initially nervous about this treatment from reading reviews, but the doctor told me to start by only applying the cream a couple of times a week to let my skin get used to it, and to make sure I moisturised. It worked from first use pretty much and I'm so happy!!"

FoyofJoy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm a sixteen year old and I have been using epiduo for 6 month now and it has given me miraculous result. I had acne all over my face and my dermatologist prescribed me epiduo. It was a kinda slow process for me, maybe because I don't have good patience but now I have pure clear skin without even the scars. I have an extremely oily skin and when I read the side effects of this cream I was kinda reluctant to use this cream. But I had a try and trust me, I didn't have the 'd' of dryness on my skin. In fact my skin became more oily . Overall I'm in love with this cream and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a sensitive skin."

Heyyitsme May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "My skin peeled and it burned but it helped my acne so much."

鹿 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "So I don't have a major acne problem. I'm 23 and I had like 4 pimples and one was very stubborn on my cheek it wouldn't go away. So I asked my dermatologist what I should do and she gave me some epiduo cream to try. I put it on right before bed and the first day it was fine and I noticed a reduction in my pimple so I tried it the second night. When I woke up the next morning my face was BURNING and the areas I applied this cream were so dry and flaky. I honestly would rather tolerate the ugly pimples over the side effects I got from this cream. Over all I hated this cream. If you have sensitive skin I would avoid using this, go for veltin instead it's much more gentle and effective for acne."

kay786 May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was prescribed Epiduo right before my senior year of high school, and I have now just finished my second year of college. For all of you reading reviews, don't believe any reviewer who has used this medication for less than 6 months. My dermatologist told me to use this every night, on my whole face. I didn't have red pimples but I had comodogenic acne--very bumpy, textured skin that drove me crazy. It took one full year to work, but it made my skin absolutely perfect--glowing, clear, tiny pores, everything I could ever have wanted. Flash forward to now, and I have moved up to EpiduoForte, because my skin is used to the regular Epiduo. There is no doubt about it. This works. But you have to stick out the awful part."

m97 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had mild acne and then took this because my doctor said accutane was too bad for me. After about 2 weeks my face was beat red and burned like crazy then I broke out like ten times worse than before and my whole face was covered and it was horrible. I stuck with it for like 2 more weeks and it just got worse. I switched to accutane and I'm 3 months in and my face is doing really well. I recommend accutane, I don't feel depressed and the only side effect I've gotten is dry lips."

Mcmasher May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "It's now Day 168, a little more than 24 weeks since I began using Epiduo Forte. My last review was ~5 weeks in and I was miserable. The purge stage lasted 2-3 months for me and I honestly never looked worse. But my skin finally showed real improvement about 6 weeks ago and I'm happy I fought my way through the beginning. My skin is still red and I still have issues with occasional tiny whiteheads on my inner cheeks, smile lines, and the sides of my nose, but the texture of my skin couldn't be softer or smoother everywhere else. My forehead, chin, jaw, and outer cheeks are perfect. I've managed to cut back on makeup, and have hope that in another 6 months my skin will be 100%. "

TGBev (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I posted about a month ago, and feel that I should post again. It's been 46 days since I started epiduo. My scars are still fading, my skin looks and feels tighter (in the best way), and I feel as if my pores are getting smaller. I've read people say this doesn't happen with epiduo, but it's happened to me. I did just get 2 new pimples, but those are the first since the second week of using this med, and I just started my period. But I'll take it compared to what my skin was before! Huge tip: download the epi-tracker in the App Store. Take a picture every morning to track the progress and keep you committed! It tells you how many days you've been using it and lets you compare the progress. super helpful."

Meggyleggyweggy May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "It took a good couple of months for me to start seeing noticeable results. When I first started using it my skin was so red and started peeling and flaking off it also made me break out so much. Make sure to use plenty of moisturiser and hydrating products (I use dermalogica skin soothing hydrating lotion, would recommend it as it helps a lot with the dryness but doesn't leave your skin with a greasy feel) After about a month the redness and peeling stopped. It's taken a little less than a year for my skin to get to where it is now, it is so clear and has very minimal redness, it's also helped with the scarring. You have to have a lot of patience when using this product but its 100% worth it in the end."

Anonymous May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm 35 years old and never had acne until about 10 years ago, after I had my first child. My dermatologist prescribed Epiduo after I tried every possible over the counter acne treatments at home. It takes about 6 weeks to start seeing results. At first I still broke out, then my skin turned red and started to peel. I started using moisturizer which burned and didn't even help, BUT, I stuck with it. At about the 6th week, those side effects subsided and I no longer have breakouts. My skin is no longer peeling and red and is silky soft with acne scars diminishing daily. THE BEST STUFF EVER!"

Brick1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Epiduo is amazing and I feel like I can go to school without having people look at me like I'm a big target. I have been on Epiduo for 2 days and all of my scars/major pimples have vanished into thin air. My skin doesn't dry out or have any of the side effects because I have used such intense things on my face like salicylic acid pads. But be sure to put on CeraVe Am lotion with SPF 30 to protect your face!!! I'll be giving an update in another month, so I wish you luck in your skin troubles and for Epiduo to cure them."

panda13611361 (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This is the one and only thing that has helped my acne. I have tried both oral and topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics helped for a while however my body became used to the drug and the effects wore off and my acne returned. At one point I was considering roaccutane but I am so glad I didn't. The two things with this cream is time and persistence. At first it will seem everything is worse, dry/burning/peeling skin which is red raw. Only apply minimally at first (1 small blob) and allow your skin to get used to the cream otherwise your skin will burn. After time you can start to apply more. I have been using for 4 months now and I apply twice daily but still have to be careful not to apply too much otherwise I do feel the ill effects."

Emma810 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been to dermatologist over the years and allergists also. It wasn't until I was prescribed Epiduo that my skin started to improve to the extent that I no longer wear any makeup. I haven't been able to do that for years. It may still and dry your skin a little but a bit if moisturiser in the morning and a clear skin makes it all worth while. I am very appreciative to the doctor that prescribed it for me"

JojoZ April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm 18 years old. My acne started very severe when I was 16 and I was given medication by a dermatologist when it was at its worst. After a year, the pills stopped working and my face broke out with giant, dark red cysts. I was then prescribed Epiduo. Not gonna lie, it was painful at first; my face was the darkest shade of red, super flaky, and burned something awful. Applying lotion to try and stop the peeling stung and I was so embarrassed to go to school looking like I'd gotten the worst sunburn ever. After a little over a month of this I became discouraged BUT I continued using it and I'm glad I did. My face is no longer red and my acne is almost completely cleared up. STICK WITH IT! I've been using it for over a year now. It works!"

Alygatorx April 17, 2017