User Reviews for Epiduo

Acne
7.4

Summary of Epiduo reviews 7.4 537 reviews

Reviews for Epiduo

For Acne "This gel combined with a daily dosage of doxycycline completely transformed my skin! I was a bit skeptic to take it after reading reviews but I realised what have I got to lose?? Best decision ever!! Within three months my skin has completely cleared. At first my skin got really itchy and flaky but I just added more moisturiser & hydrating serums into my skin care routine and I’m fine. Honestly, just try it. It might just work!"

Jays (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Acne "I’ve been using epiduo for the past 4 weeks, and I'm in the middle of my 5th week ATM. At first I didn’t have a lot of changes but in the end of week 3 I got a lot of breakouts which I believe is the «purge». Sometimes my skin looks kind of fine but I still am breaking out. I am optimistic and I want it to work, so I am going to contiunue epiduo and then see what happens after 3 months, if nothing has changed and I am still breaking out I am going to discontinue the product. But I think it will work eventually. I get a lot of small whiteheads which I find weird because I didn't get that a lot before starting epiduo. I also get under the skin but they usually are gone within a week, but always seem to leave a red mark behind. I am going to write another review when I am 3 months in my journey.:)"

16 years old (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Acne "I’ve struggled with mild to moderate acne for 10 years (currently 25). For some unknown reason my acne recently worsened, so I finally decided to see my doctor and discuss treatment options. Week 1: My skin was very dry and flaky, my pimple started to dry up and new pimples were less frequent. Week 2: Skin still dry and flaky, but not as bad as week 1. Again, less new pimples popping up and old pimples starting to reduce in size. Week 3: The purge! Suddenly (overnight), a lot of pimples came out of nowhere, which I was expecting, but was still a bit alarming. One thing I noticed was that although there were a lot of new pimples, they were healing very quickly. Week 4: Clear skin! For the first time in a long time my skin is 95% clear. I will continue the treatment for a least another two months just to make sure my acne doesn’t come back, then I’ll start to tone down the treatment. Conclusion: Acne sucks, but this medication worked for me. Be patient."

SW September 4, 2018

For Acne "Only recently I started to get a little bit of pimples on my jaw line and forehead and I was really stressed about this because my whole life I had never gotten pimples (maybe 2 on my face at worse). I went to my doctor frustrated and I was prescribed epiduo (my acne wasn’t bad at all I just wanted to have really clear skin), After the first use of epiduo I felt no burning and the next day I could instantly see a difference it seemed like all my clogged pores were cleaned and my face was looking smoother, although the next couple uses did irritate my face a bit (I was using way too much) and caused a breakout at about the 10-14 day mark, my face after a month of use is as clear as it’s ever been! Even clearer than what it was before I started getting pimples. To everyone reading this going through the initial break out or irritation stage of epiduo I highly recommend continuing use just maybe give your face a bit of time to rest between applying, would recommend"

person (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Acne "To start I’m going to give some background on my skincare history. I have cystic acne. Adult Acne runs in my family. I'm currently 19 and I started acne treatment probably about 16. I’ve completed one course of roaccutane before and a lot of other medications but sadly it came back. I'm currently 5 months into using epiduo and my skin is so stunning, I have no pimples. I have pictures from near the start of my treatment and yes it does get worse before it gets better but I haven't been happier with my skin in a long time. This is a good alternative to roaccutane but it might take awhile to achieve results."

problematicskin (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For Acne "The last two months I've had really bad breakouts (btw I’m 18) and I’ve been on lymecycline for the last 8 months and now they kind of stops working on me. So I just wanted to try something new. Sooo I've been using epiduo for 2 days and my breakout is going away, it is a lot better now and I hope it will continue in the same direction the next weeks. It hasn’t burned at all on me but I think I just dont have sensitive skin at all, my skin is not so dry either, just a tiny bit under my mouth, but thats fine"

Mathilda August 8, 2018

For Acne "I went on Epiduo in grade 6 to deal with mild-moderate acne. I absolutely loved it! it did have to get worse for about a week before it got better but it did get better. Then I began to notice the pimples come up again. It was like I had built a tolerance to the Epiduo. My mom and I decided it was time to get off of it since it wasn’t helping anymore. A few years passed into the middle of grade 9 and my acne was pretty bad. I went to a new dermatologist and she recommended to put me on epiduo to try it again. We agreed and I bought it. The first few nights I noticed a few minor pimples popping up but I didn’t think much of it because they weren’t as bad as the rest of my face. Maybe 2-3 weeks later my skin was sunburnt AND terribly broken out. I stopped immediately. Looking back to when I used it I do think it works for the smaller acne but not necessarily the more painful, cystic acne."

DJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2018

For Acne "Epiduo ruined my skin pretty badly. I used it for six weeks straight and my skin only got progressively worse, at one point a gigantic 3 cm diameter cyst developed on my forehead, exploding with pus, swelling up again, exploding again etc. It got so bad that it could only be taken down with multiple cortisone shots and antibiotics. Now I am left with horrible scarring (physically, but emotionally as well, the whole experience was actually quite traumatizing). I had to quit using the medicine so I do not know if it would’ve had gotten better but honestly it is not worth it, the scarring and hyperpigmentation is horrible"

E1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

For Acne "Thought out all my high school years I use to have little bumps all over my forehead and chin , I was so insecure about this I use to have a front fringe at one point to cover my forehead. I started taking the birth control pill to try and improve my acne although saw no outcome , finally went to see a dermatologist and she recommended epiduo ! Honestly after a few weeks of applying this to my forehead , chin and little spots on my cheeks my skin improved so much ! I literally swear by this cream I have oily skin and it’s vey pale compare to my body I have had no side effects such as red skin or my skin flaming up ! Highly recommend for any one that suffers from acne ( little dots all over there face that can’t be popped )"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2018

For Acne "I am so happy with the results I have been experiencing so far after weeks of using epiduo! At first I often had red on my face and extremely dry skin as I had read on other reviews. However, this got a lot better as my skin became used to it and it was not extremely painful there was just a slight tingling sensation in the first week. I wasn’t sure if this product would work as I have not had success with any other spot treatments such as proactive plus. I would say that you definitely need to be patient when using Epiduo and only use small amounts per application but it really does work! I’m a few weeks in already and I have very noticeable changes because I have very few blemishes at all now. Would definitely recommend to anybody who struggles with spots or acne! :) (make sure to purchase a good moisturiser as your skin can get very dry during the process)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

For Acne "I tried Epiduo about a year ago and it did nothing for my acne. It made huge red, itchy patches on my face which were very uncomfortable! However, after trying everything else I decided to give it another go! I started to use Mario Bedescu Acne facial cleaner which contains salicylic acid followed by pixi glow tonic which contains glycolic acid and then I use epiduo as a spot treatment. Again at first it made my skin itch & burn but I continued to use it giving my skin a few days break. Now when I use it my skin doesn’t react and it’s actually helped clear my skin! My skin has never looked so clear. This skincare routine is the best I’ve tried so far. Epiduo really flattens any active spots. Persevere with it and give it a chance, it needs a good couple of months to make any difference. Once you get past the initial dry, itchy skin is does start to work. I have extremely sensitive skin but everyone’s skin is different! It is definitely worth a try!"

S-D123 March 25, 2018

For Acne "When my skin began to scar at age 24 with acne break outs I just about had enough! Tried a few different creams like duac (awful), my doctor recently suggested antibiotic treatment combined with the Epiduo cream. He told me to apply it at night time lightly, after the first two days myself and my family/friends could see the changes. If I use it too often it does dry out my skin but I alternate 1 night epiduo 1 night moisturiser and I use a light exfoliater twice a week!! Moral of the story don't use it too often and be patient!!"

Adult acne (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Acne "Don’t waste your money. Made my skin dry and hyperpigmented patches. My neck became really itchy, red, scaly, dry and irritated. I have dark patches on my neck now. It is worse than before! My skin was 10x better before I started using Epiduo. Not worth your time and money."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

For Acne "Epiduo completely dried out my skin. I guess to clear acne you need to remove the oils which is what it did. But it burned my skin and left me in pain for days. Redness and aching dried out skin."

rachel (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Acne "My Dermatologist recommended Epiduo for my acne. Tried everything but nothing worked for me. Finally this came to me as a rescue. My Doctor adviced like this: Apply moisturiser- Episoft first at night Then apply Epiduo as spot treatment. First two days, leave it for one hour and wash it off. Increase to two hours the next few days there by slowly making your skin to adopt to the gel. Gradually increase the time and leave it over night. By this way, my skin didn't become dry and red which is the nature of Epiduo. Thanks to my Doctor for making my skin acne free. This cream won't do magic over night. Patience needed!!"

Shyamala Gowri (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018

For Acne "Please don't get confused with a purge and a reaction. I used this for about three months which brought out a huge cluster of painful cystic acne on my cheeks thinking it was a purge, which ended up making my acne 10x worse and left me with stubborn hyperpigmentation and scars that I'm now on roaccutane to solve. Got rid of my forehead and chin spots almost immediately with no "purge" which I think is the normal way this cream should work, otherwise I'd stop using"

Erinperin1 January 18, 2018

For Acne "My only regret is not using Epiduo sooner. I was given antibiotics from my doctor to help clear my breakouts and each time I got off of them, the breakouts would come back. I didn’t know what to do until I went to a dermatologist. I was fed up with antibiotics but he set me up with a plan to go on antibiotics for 6 months more months but while using epiduo. Eventually I weaned off the antibiotics and continued my use with epiduo. It’s 6 months later and my skin is still amazing! Epiduo saved me from using accutane."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2018

For Acne "I love this product! It really works for me! I wish I could show you photos! I have two pics of my forehead where I tried to clear up and it went from crazy lumpy to clear slate in 20 days! Maybe I was just lucky or this is exactly what my skin needed. I definitely would give it a go. A heads up... it is pretty painful for people like me with sensitive skin but just think of the out come :)"

Anonymous January 15, 2018

For Acne "Epiduo has saved my life!! I tried everything and started to give up on trying! A friend told me about epiduo I was very reluctant and said doubt it would work but I give it a try. I went doctors and got my prescription. Started working within 2 weeks I had big red spots which couldn’t be covered with makeup; felt very embrassed stressed and self conscious at all times. Now I don’t even have one spot. Get the one here and there I put the gel at night and the spot is gone in the morning. It’s actually like magic!! Didn’t ever think something like this would exist:"

Kiki123!? January 11, 2018

For Acne "A dermatologist prescribed Epiduo, then Epiduo forte for my acne. I used it for over a year. It only helped a little with the breakouts, and it made my skin super dry, super sensitive and red. I think it's a big waste of money."

Don't waste your money January 6, 2018

For Acne "This stuff takes time for your skin to get used to and to show results, but IT WORKS, for me at least. I had severe acne and tried everything. I have gone off of this stuff 3 times thinking I had finally outgrown my acne and everytime it came back. I am 25 and my acne is all kinds (cystic, big, small, blackheads, etc) this clears it all. Give it several months to a year. I know that sounds like a long time, but it's worth it. I hope they make it a bit easier to access and so you don't have to use galdermas special card for it to be affordable. This is the only stuff that WORKS. Period. I've been to many dermatologists and aestheticians and this stuff outperforms everything."

Zipper45 January 5, 2018

For Acne "Around 4 months ago I had a major breakout which I put down to hormones. However I noticed it getting gradually worse to the point where, even after changing my skincare routine and diet numerous times, it wasn’t improving. I was prescribed Epiduo by the doctor and after a week of using it I can see a clear difference. Granted my acne hasn’t completely gone but I need to give the gel more time to do it’s magic. My only issue is that during this past week it has made my previous scars appear more red, but hopefully they will also disappear in time along with my acne."

Lauren T (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2018

For Acne "I waited 6 mos. to write an accurate review. I understand the struggle of battling acne and how unique each case is to the individual. I am an Asian 28 y.o. woman, who dealt with acne in my high school/college years (oily/combination skin). My acne cleared up, but in my late 20s, hormonal acne plagued my mouth/chin area. Horrific. I always wore make up, because acne left marks, but with this hormonal acne, I REALLY piled it on. I used some Dr. Dennis Gross acne pads, which REALLY were working. They burned, but after about 2-3 weeks, I could see a difference. Then, my dermatologist prescribed Epiduo. I stopped using the pads, and Epiduo worked its magic. I went through extreme dryness but my skin got used to it. Last week, I went barefaced."

Ella Cee December 29, 2017

For Acne "My poor daughter. Middle schooler suffering through acne...Tried everything but no avail. She tried epiduo! Recommend it but, beware of burning of face and dryness, that means it works! Beauty hearts. -Isabella W."

IsabellaWyrick December 16, 2017

For Acne "I am literally one of those people that never wanted to take my makeup off, would always say to people if they were sleeping round ‘btw I have bad skin’ and I’m not joking when I say I NEVER thought anything would work for me, I have literally tried nearly everything. I went to a dermatologist for a year and nothing they gave me worked, I went to the doctors like a week ago and got prescribed Yasmin (I haven’t been experiencing any side effects if anyone is wondering) and this stuff and honestly my skin is actually going in the right direction, I hope it carries on like this! Cause soon I won’t feel like garbage about my skin anymore which is truly so weird to say. Best of luck to you all and I hope this/you find something that works for you!"

Lvinskinyyy December 14, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes