User Reviews for Epiduo

Acne
7.4

Summary of Epiduo reviews 7.4 552 reviews

Reviews for Epiduo

For Acne "We are now in December and I started my journey in June! I was really worried about the whole experience and journey to the dermatologist! I tried every medication/ antibiotic and cream from the GP and I was worried I had to go straight on roaccutane! My skin wasn’t the worst to be truthful but I had constant yellow headed spots on my chin and forehead that would never go! She said try Epiduo! And so far it’s been amazing and saved me from roaccutane! I did get dry skin and especially in the cold weather but nothing some good moisturiser wouldn’t sort out! I’m amazed I definitely think you should give it time! Listen when the dermatologist says introduce it slowly because sometimes it has burnt my face! I do know this stuff works as when I don’t use it and get a pimple I stick it on and it goes! Give this a go!!!"

Birminghamgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2018

For Acne "You have to be so patient when using epiduo ! I started using it in February this year and in the beginning it made me break out , red and flaky and I thought it didn’t do much . Now in November I can say my skin is totally clear , I go to work now without makeup ! I’m 32 and in October last year I had rhinoplasty which caused my once nice skin to break out , I was covered in tiny bumps and large bumps and honestly epiduo saved my life ! But you have to be patient a lot of other reviews say 6 weeks but I honestly didn’t see results until the 9 month mark !"

Ashley4 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2018

For Acne "This worked wonders for me and got rid of all my acne. I just cant afford it"

Loch Ness monster (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2018

For Acne "This medication made my 15 year old daughter's acne much worse than it was before treatment. We had to cease it after 6 weeks. It also bleached her pillow cases and a hand towel which she had rubbed her fingers on without washing them well enough after application."

Chris (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2018

For Acne "I had pretty decent skin before I started taking it. I had very mild acne that wasn’t terrible just some unnoticeable whiteheads around my chin. I started taking epiduo to just clear this up. What a mistake. It made me break out worse than I ever have before. I knew it would get worse before it got better so I just kept waiting and waiting and waiting, and after about 6 weeks I stopped taking it, and in just a couple of days my skin cleared up better than it had in my whole time taking epiduo. However, it left my skin in terrible condition, and my acne is way worse than I started out with. Do not use epiduo at all costs."

Ben November 16, 2018

For Acne "I have suffered with hormonal acne since my teens and was on Yasmin for about 7 years which made my skin clear. Due to the risks associated with Yasmin my doctor changed me to a different pill which made my skin horrific. After trying many different creams I tried epiduo. First, you shouldn’t use it every day at the start, my skin burnt and was extremely dry. After a couple of weeks my skin completely cleared up, it does still make my skin dry but doesn’t burn. However, after 5 months, my spots have returned.. I’m not sure if your skin gets used to the cream? I’m going to get a new prescription and hopefully it works."

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2018

For Acne "Background: I never had acne as a teen, a few pimples but not acne. I have endometriosis and in the last 2 1/2 years my skin has suffered badly. I now have cystic & hormonal acne and it HURTS as well as being ugly as heck. I get it on my cheeks mostly. I have used Acnicide (benzoyl peroxide) & Duac (clydamicin +BP) when acnicide stopped working for me, which did nothing but peel my skin so I went back to the GP & was given Epiduo. I was told it could take up to 3 months to see a difference, which I was prepared for. I have now been using it for 3 days and I’ve already seen a difference. My skin feels prickly and is stingy when I use my cleansers, understandably as it’s a harsh gel, but my acne has reduced by 40% I would say pretty much over night! I am hoping not to have to use this for long and then top up every now & then as it’s so harsh on the skin, I don’t want to be left with horrid dry & flaky patches from prolonged use if I don’t have to."

ALouise (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

For Acne "After struggling with acne and scars for a long time my doctor prescribed epiduo for me today. I had to read the reviews before I start using it and am happy for the many positive reviews . I will be back with the results. Wish me well"

She November 5, 2018

For Acne "2nd month into Epiduo with no acne and few post inflammatory hyperpigmentation marks. The marks are fading fast and no new spots. My skin is almost clear after years. I experienced the dryness around 2nd week but it’s better now. I have also taken accutane few years back, but this is better for acne and dark marks. Sunscreen is a must."

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

For Acne "I’ve struggled with acne for about 5 years, I’ve been on roaccutane which did work for me however my acne has come back recently. Dr prescribed me epiduo, the first 3-4 weeks aren’t great, my skin was dry and itchy the first few weeks then by the third my acne was so much worse. I’m now on my 5th week and I have no new spots and my skin has pretty much completely cleared, just got a few marks from my previous acne. This gel does work but just stick out the first part!"

Auroram18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

For Acne "I have had moderate acne for about 3 years (currently age 19) I tried Lymecycline for approx. 8 months and it helped, but not much. I used Epiduo for about 2 months now and my skin is almost clear for the first time in years! There was some slight dryness/flaking after a few weeks but it cleared up with moisturiser. Great product"

BT (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

For Acne "I am a 19 year old girl with acne. Here’s my journey. I was suffering from many breakouts lately, so me and my mum went to the doctor’s (before we knew it was acne) and gave us antibiotics and this epiduo acne gel. At the first few days I’ve already seen a big difference. My face cleared up very quickly now it’s cleaner than ever. I am so glad I got it checked out and used this gel. It is amazing. Before I was using many other spot creams, cleansers etc. which didn’t have an effect at all. Thank you to this gel again! I highly recommend it for people who have any stage of acne."

Karile (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2018

For Acne "I suffer with/have mild to moderate acne on my forehead, t-section and chin. My mum ended up making an appointment to go see my GP for getting antibiotics to help/cure my acne. My doctor prescribed me with Epiduo and antibiotics. The first time I tried Epiduo nothing happened then the second time I used it I noticed a red itchy rash start to appear on my chin then it appeared on my forehead, around my eyes and on my cheeks. After the rash my face got really red and started to swell up a little bit around my eyes. I read all the other reviews on this website and it says to just minimise the amount I was using (noting I was using probably more than needed). I am also going to try using my Epiduo cream once every 2-3 days. Hopefully minimising the amount are use this cream will mean the redness ,swelling, itching, burning and stinging will go away."

Tay October 4, 2018

For Acne "I have brought so many “acne remedies” from such high end and low end shops. I tried increasing my water intake and wearing no make up and nothing would clear my spots and scars. Then my GP prescribed me epiduo and within a month all my spot scars and spots compleatly cleared up! I feel so such more confident in my own skin now & for such an affordable price! The only downfall is that it will dry you’re skin out so I used to use it ever other day and on other days use normal moisturiser."

Kiz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

For Acne "I have bad acne. I tried birth control which didn't help. I then tried purbac (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim antibiotic) that helped a little but my doctor said it isn't a long term solution. I then tried epiduo, the first 2 weeks I had no side effects but then my third week my skin went super dry, it was red and peeling. This was a horrible experience however I saw it already started making a difference so I continued but I put a fragrance free lipice around my eyes, mouth and nose and it helped with rehydrating my skin. I'm on my 6th week now and my skin is almost completely clear. Epiduo is definitely worth using!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Acne "This gel combined with a daily dosage of doxycycline completely transformed my skin! I was a bit skeptic to take it after reading reviews but I realised what have I got to lose?? Best decision ever!! Within three months my skin has completely cleared. At first my skin got really itchy and flaky but I just added more moisturiser & hydrating serums into my skin care routine and I’m fine. Honestly, just try it. It might just work!"

Jays (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Acne "I’ve been using epiduo for the past 4 weeks, and I'm in the middle of my 5th week ATM. At first I didn’t have a lot of changes but in the end of week 3 I got a lot of breakouts which I believe is the «purge». Sometimes my skin looks kind of fine but I still am breaking out. I am optimistic and I want it to work, so I am going to contiunue epiduo and then see what happens after 3 months, if nothing has changed and I am still breaking out I am going to discontinue the product. But I think it will work eventually. I get a lot of small whiteheads which I find weird because I didn't get that a lot before starting epiduo. I also get under the skin but they usually are gone within a week, but always seem to leave a red mark behind. I am going to write another review when I am 3 months in my journey.:)"

16 years old (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Acne "I’ve struggled with mild to moderate acne for 10 years (currently 25). For some unknown reason my acne recently worsened, so I finally decided to see my doctor and discuss treatment options. Week 1: My skin was very dry and flaky, my pimple started to dry up and new pimples were less frequent. Week 2: Skin still dry and flaky, but not as bad as week 1. Again, less new pimples popping up and old pimples starting to reduce in size. Week 3: The purge! Suddenly (overnight), a lot of pimples came out of nowhere, which I was expecting, but was still a bit alarming. One thing I noticed was that although there were a lot of new pimples, they were healing very quickly. Week 4: Clear skin! For the first time in a long time my skin is 95% clear. I will continue the treatment for a least another two months just to make sure my acne doesn’t come back, then I’ll start to tone down the treatment. Conclusion: Acne sucks, but this medication worked for me. Be patient."

SW September 4, 2018

For Acne "Only recently I started to get a little bit of pimples on my jaw line and forehead and I was really stressed about this because my whole life I had never gotten pimples (maybe 2 on my face at worse). I went to my doctor frustrated and I was prescribed epiduo (my acne wasn’t bad at all I just wanted to have really clear skin), After the first use of epiduo I felt no burning and the next day I could instantly see a difference it seemed like all my clogged pores were cleaned and my face was looking smoother, although the next couple uses did irritate my face a bit (I was using way too much) and caused a breakout at about the 10-14 day mark, my face after a month of use is as clear as it’s ever been! Even clearer than what it was before I started getting pimples. To everyone reading this going through the initial break out or irritation stage of epiduo I highly recommend continuing use just maybe give your face a bit of time to rest between applying, would recommend"

person (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Acne "To start I’m going to give some background on my skincare history. I have cystic acne. Adult Acne runs in my family. I'm currently 19 and I started acne treatment probably about 16. I’ve completed one course of roaccutane before and a lot of other medications but sadly it came back. I'm currently 5 months into using epiduo and my skin is so stunning, I have no pimples. I have pictures from near the start of my treatment and yes it does get worse before it gets better but I haven't been happier with my skin in a long time. This is a good alternative to roaccutane but it might take awhile to achieve results."

problematicskin (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For Acne "The last two months I've had really bad breakouts (btw I’m 18) and I’ve been on lymecycline for the last 8 months and now they kind of stops working on me. So I just wanted to try something new. Sooo I've been using epiduo for 2 days and my breakout is going away, it is a lot better now and I hope it will continue in the same direction the next weeks. It hasn’t burned at all on me but I think I just dont have sensitive skin at all, my skin is not so dry either, just a tiny bit under my mouth, but thats fine"

Mathilda August 8, 2018

For Acne "I went on Epiduo in grade 6 to deal with mild-moderate acne. I absolutely loved it! it did have to get worse for about a week before it got better but it did get better. Then I began to notice the pimples come up again. It was like I had built a tolerance to the Epiduo. My mom and I decided it was time to get off of it since it wasn’t helping anymore. A few years passed into the middle of grade 9 and my acne was pretty bad. I went to a new dermatologist and she recommended to put me on epiduo to try it again. We agreed and I bought it. The first few nights I noticed a few minor pimples popping up but I didn’t think much of it because they weren’t as bad as the rest of my face. Maybe 2-3 weeks later my skin was sunburnt AND terribly broken out. I stopped immediately. Looking back to when I used it I do think it works for the smaller acne but not necessarily the more painful, cystic acne."

DJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2018

For Acne "Epiduo ruined my skin pretty badly. I used it for six weeks straight and my skin only got progressively worse, at one point a gigantic 3 cm diameter cyst developed on my forehead, exploding with pus, swelling up again, exploding again etc. It got so bad that it could only be taken down with multiple cortisone shots and antibiotics. Now I am left with horrible scarring (physically, but emotionally as well, the whole experience was actually quite traumatizing). I had to quit using the medicine so I do not know if it would’ve had gotten better but honestly it is not worth it, the scarring and hyperpigmentation is horrible"

E1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

For Acne "Thought out all my high school years I use to have little bumps all over my forehead and chin , I was so insecure about this I use to have a front fringe at one point to cover my forehead. I started taking the birth control pill to try and improve my acne although saw no outcome , finally went to see a dermatologist and she recommended epiduo ! Honestly after a few weeks of applying this to my forehead , chin and little spots on my cheeks my skin improved so much ! I literally swear by this cream I have oily skin and it’s vey pale compare to my body I have had no side effects such as red skin or my skin flaming up ! Highly recommend for any one that suffers from acne ( little dots all over there face that can’t be popped )"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2018

For Acne "I am so happy with the results I have been experiencing so far after weeks of using epiduo! At first I often had red on my face and extremely dry skin as I had read on other reviews. However, this got a lot better as my skin became used to it and it was not extremely painful there was just a slight tingling sensation in the first week. I wasn’t sure if this product would work as I have not had success with any other spot treatments such as proactive plus. I would say that you definitely need to be patient when using Epiduo and only use small amounts per application but it really does work! I’m a few weeks in already and I have very noticeable changes because I have very few blemishes at all now. Would definitely recommend to anybody who struggles with spots or acne! :) (make sure to purchase a good moisturiser as your skin can get very dry during the process)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...