User Reviews for Epiduo

Acne
7.4

Summary of Epiduo reviews 7.4 567 reviews

Reviews for Epiduo

For Acne "I’ve been using Epiduo for a few months now. At first, I thought it made chemical burns on my skin. I quickly found out that it was my moisturizer. Many dermatologist recommended using the moisturizer with EpiDuo. I strongly recommend against that. The two don’t mix. My routine involves EpiDuo once a week with no moisturizer. For example, I use EpiDuo on Wednesday night. On Thursday through Saturday night I use a moisturizer, then on Sunday through Tuesday I act as if my skin wasn’t there and I don’t ever touch it with anything but water. It’s less harsh on your skin and less effort. It has worked miracles for me. And personally, I use Triamcinolone Cream Rx as my moisturizer. I’ve seen a big clear up."

Alexandria (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2019

For Acne "I was prescribed epiduo due to trying a few different antibiotics and topic/steroid creams but nothing worked. I have 'adult acne' didn't come out until after I had my daughter. First day I used it, everything was fine and I saw a slight improvement the very next day!! I did think that maybe it was just my cycle clearing up...(I'd get about 5-7 days a month of almost completely clear skin)...but continued and remained optimistic anyways...haven't had an outbreak since! - been using it for 4 weeks now...although, I put it on tonight and for the first time my face feels like it's on fire!! I don't know if I've used too much or what!? But will try less tomorrow night and talk to doctor about it too...but I would say to try it, think of it as marmite - you're either going to love it or hate it."

JazTheFifer (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2019

For Acne "I did not get the purge effect from epiduo, my skin just slowly got better bit by bit and is now SO much smoother and clearer. I used to have 5+ breakouts constantly on my face - mostly cheeks, chin, jawline - but now I just get the ocassional spot that fades fairly quickly. Getting used to Tactupump, it burnt my face like heck though, definitely don’t use more than a large pea size (max!!) on your entire face. Using more will not make it work faster or better, it will just burn your face off and make your skin unbearably tender. **Also, if there’s one thing I can’t recommend enough, it would be getting a physical (rather than chemical) sunscreen to use in the daytime over your moisturizer. I use cerave AM SPF 30 in the daytime and thankfully this does not burn my skin like avobenzone does (a chem sunscreen)."

Sensitive skin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2019

For Acne "This burnt my skin and it hurts. Never get this"

ELLIE (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

For Acne "Epiduo worked except it didn’t make my sub clinical forehead acne go away in the long term. I didn’t have any redness or flakiness, it was great but I’ve used two rounds of this and I understand you have to use everyday but there’s been a day here and there I’ve accidentally missed but have been fairly religious with as I noticed as a massive difference, just haven’t seen the forehead acne disappear forever unfortunately. Trialling more natural products ATM."

K94 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2019

For Acne "I have been using epiduo for 3 months and it is the best my skin has looked in years. I have had mild to moderate acne (all the kinds, cystic, blackheads, whitehead, comedones) for 10 years. I tried everything (antibiotics, tretinoin, differin, other prescription benzoyl washes and creams over the years) pretty much everything except accutane. Before this, I was using tretinoin but it was always very irritating and drying to my skin so I had trouble staying consistent. Epiduo is a godsend; it isn't irritating at all and I use it daily in conjunction with prescription benzoyl peroxide wipes twice per day (I have been able to decrease to once daily now that my skin is clear). Hopefully these effects will last but so far I am delighted. I finally look like an adult."

finallyclearskin1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2019

For Acne "I had really bad acne on my chin and cheeks. I tried everything but nothing worked for me and it only got worse. I then started with Epiduo and now after 11 weeks my face is so clear again! I still have some bad scars and really oily skin but it's worth it! The first 2 weeks were horrible because it only got worse and it hurt so bad but after a month or 2 you will really see a difference!"

Violex (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2019

For Acne "It works but don't give up before you give it a chance. I initially broke out more but as time went on my skin became clearer. Also just use 1 pump adding more really did not help nor make it work quicker. But I'm super happy to finally have clear skin. I may get 1 to 2 per month but that is only around my cycle."

Lovemybabies (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

For Acne "I’ve been using epiduo for 3 days. My acne is not very severe but I would say that I’ve quite a few pimples. First night that I used it my face didn’t react so badly and I was happy because as for one night my face got a lot better even discolouration brightened. Then came nights 2&3 - my face is really red (I look like homeless alcoholic) despite that I use good moisturiser. Now I notice that I got 3 new pimples. Even though I'm not going to give up, probably I will take a break and let my face breathe a little, bit on the whole I’m positive about epiduo"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

For Acne "I am 39 and had bad problems with cystic acne since I was 20. Was put on epiduo 2.5 months ago and I am now seeing a massive improvement and difference. I am hoping it is the epiduo and not something else temporary - but so far all is looking great. No problem acne forming, smoother skin. I have tried everything before. The only thing that ever worked before was roaccuttane but is not worth the awful side effects and would never do it again. Hoping epiduo is the fix I have been looking for, for 20 years."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2019

For Acne "(Must Read) I had some acne scars on my face, and I'm light skined. It caused my face to burn and change my skin complexion from light skin to dark skin. It's bad.Now I have to cover my face to go class.. It just made discoloration around mouth and cheeks in 1 week."

Brit January 19, 2019

For Acne "This stuff works wonders! I’ve only been on it for a few months and my moderate acne has already cleared up. Too bad I didn’t get on this before, I could’ve prevented a lot of scarring."

K91709 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Acne "I have started using Epiduo for the last few months, so far so good, it's normal to have the breakouts for the first 2 weeks, I was already aware since I've been reading a lot of reviews before I take it. It did enlarge my acne but just trust the process, after that I kept on getting better results, my acne started to shrink. I use moisturizer before applying it since it really stings, and it helped a lot to prevent so much flaking of my skin. Epiduo is a great product, not sure why it doesn't work for everyone but I recommend to try it first and see the result yourself."

Laniee (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2019

For Acne "I have used epiduo on and off for 2 years. At the end of the day... epiduo strips your skin of its natural oils and leaves it dry and pale because it also bleached your skin. I had decent skin before using epiduo but the moment I started taking it my skin broke out EVERYWHERE and flaked and was extremely sensitive. The whole “gets worst before it gets better" never worked for me - it is not worth it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2018

For Acne "I have used epiduo for about a year and a half. I’ve gone back and forth with many creams. The first 10 months was great. Everything was cleared up. I continued to use it and just a few months ago I got back to where I was before. Nothing is helping me and I still continue to use it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2018

For Acne "We are now in December and I started my journey in June! I was really worried about the whole experience and journey to the dermatologist! I tried every medication/ antibiotic and cream from the GP and I was worried I had to go straight on roaccutane! My skin wasn’t the worst to be truthful but I had constant yellow headed spots on my chin and forehead that would never go! She said try Epiduo! And so far it’s been amazing and saved me from roaccutane! I did get dry skin and especially in the cold weather but nothing some good moisturiser wouldn’t sort out! I’m amazed I definitely think you should give it time! Listen when the dermatologist says introduce it slowly because sometimes it has burnt my face! I do know this stuff works as when I don’t use it and get a pimple I stick it on and it goes! Give this a go!!!"

Birminghamgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2018

For Acne "You have to be so patient when using epiduo ! I started using it in February this year and in the beginning it made me break out , red and flaky and I thought it didn’t do much . Now in November I can say my skin is totally clear , I go to work now without makeup ! I’m 32 and in October last year I had rhinoplasty which caused my once nice skin to break out , I was covered in tiny bumps and large bumps and honestly epiduo saved my life ! But you have to be patient a lot of other reviews say 6 weeks but I honestly didn’t see results until the 9 month mark !"

Ashley4 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2018

For Acne "This worked wonders for me and got rid of all my acne. I just cant afford it"

Loch Ness monster (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2018

For Acne "This medication made my 15 year old daughter's acne much worse than it was before treatment. We had to cease it after 6 weeks. It also bleached her pillow cases and a hand towel which she had rubbed her fingers on without washing them well enough after application."

Chris (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2018

For Acne "I had pretty decent skin before I started taking it. I had very mild acne that wasn’t terrible just some unnoticeable whiteheads around my chin. I started taking epiduo to just clear this up. What a mistake. It made me break out worse than I ever have before. I knew it would get worse before it got better so I just kept waiting and waiting and waiting, and after about 6 weeks I stopped taking it, and in just a couple of days my skin cleared up better than it had in my whole time taking epiduo. However, it left my skin in terrible condition, and my acne is way worse than I started out with. Do not use epiduo at all costs."

Ben November 16, 2018

For Acne "I have suffered with hormonal acne since my teens and was on Yasmin for about 7 years which made my skin clear. Due to the risks associated with Yasmin my doctor changed me to a different pill which made my skin horrific. After trying many different creams I tried epiduo. First, you shouldn’t use it every day at the start, my skin burnt and was extremely dry. After a couple of weeks my skin completely cleared up, it does still make my skin dry but doesn’t burn. However, after 5 months, my spots have returned.. I’m not sure if your skin gets used to the cream? I’m going to get a new prescription and hopefully it works."

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2018

For Acne "Background: I never had acne as a teen, a few pimples but not acne. I have endometriosis and in the last 2 1/2 years my skin has suffered badly. I now have cystic & hormonal acne and it HURTS as well as being ugly as heck. I get it on my cheeks mostly. I have used Acnicide (benzoyl peroxide) & Duac (clydamicin +BP) when acnicide stopped working for me, which did nothing but peel my skin so I went back to the GP & was given Epiduo. I was told it could take up to 3 months to see a difference, which I was prepared for. I have now been using it for 3 days and I’ve already seen a difference. My skin feels prickly and is stingy when I use my cleansers, understandably as it’s a harsh gel, but my acne has reduced by 40% I would say pretty much over night! I am hoping not to have to use this for long and then top up every now & then as it’s so harsh on the skin, I don’t want to be left with horrid dry & flaky patches from prolonged use if I don’t have to."

ALouise (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

For Acne "After struggling with acne and scars for a long time my doctor prescribed epiduo for me today. I had to read the reviews before I start using it and am happy for the many positive reviews . I will be back with the results. Wish me well"

She November 5, 2018

For Acne "2nd month into Epiduo with no acne and few post inflammatory hyperpigmentation marks. The marks are fading fast and no new spots. My skin is almost clear after years. I experienced the dryness around 2nd week but it’s better now. I have also taken accutane few years back, but this is better for acne and dark marks. Sunscreen is a must."

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

For Acne "I’ve struggled with acne for about 5 years, I’ve been on roaccutane which did work for me however my acne has come back recently. Dr prescribed me epiduo, the first 3-4 weeks aren’t great, my skin was dry and itchy the first few weeks then by the third my acne was so much worse. I’m now on my 5th week and I have no new spots and my skin has pretty much completely cleared, just got a few marks from my previous acne. This gel does work but just stick out the first part!"

Auroram18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018