User Reviews for Zovirax

Learn more about Zovirax.

Zovirax Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Herpes Simplex.

Reviews for Zovirax to treat Herpes Simplex

"I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I am on immunosuppressants so my body just can't fight this virus on its own. After 5 days I went to my doctor. This medication was amazing- within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I am on 400 mg 3 x daily for 10 days. I am currently on day 6. For the first few days I would feel lightheaded (not dizzy) for a few hours after each dose, but that has gone away now. No nausea when taken with food. I did have a few mild headaches, but that was because I was not drinking enough fluid. As soon as I hydrated, headaches were gone. My doctor gave me 2 refills so next time I feel the onset I can start treatment right aw"

Krreno (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

"Zovirax is my first choice for treatment of cold sores which I've had since I was a young girl. Using it in conjunction with Abreva helps promote healing from within the sores; and eliminates the crusty/scabbing that comes with cold sores. Abreva is best used at the first sign of any itching (that familiar feeling of onset) apply as directed on the bottle, and your cold sore will be gone without anyone noticing you even have one. I am just getting over one and with Abreva alone it took three days, no scabbing or crusty formation making it unsightly and causing embarrassment."

Anonymous December 11, 2011

"I used to have cold sores all the time when I was a child, either when exposed to too much cold or when exposed to too much heat. Finally, I found a doctor who gave me a prescription (just a few years ago, I'm already an adult) and the Doctor prescribed Zovirax 200 mg 5x a day for 5 days. When I am able to take the medicine as soon as I feel the blister forming, the blister will only last for a day; it will grow and then burst and crust over within twenty four hours, so I've never really had to take the medication for more than 2-3 days. Very thankful for this medicine."

Anonymous November 4, 2011

"I had my first outbreak over a year ago, been taking 400mg a day and haven't had an outbreak since."

Anonymous January 6, 2011

"Been on Zovirax for 15 years. It barely worked when I started using it for genital outbreaks, absolutely does not work now. Three prescriptions of 800mg x 3 times per day has not slowed down or even put a dent in a 4 month long outbreak."

T.D. July 17, 2009

"I been taking this medication for about a week and can still feel some pain but other then that it's works really well. I been taking 400 mg three times a day."

Anonymous February 21, 2009

"I have been taking zovirax for over 12 years, 400 mg each night at bedtime. I have only had a few outbreaks, caused by kissing my husband who had outbreaks. On doctor's orders, I am to increase to 800 mg each night at bedtime when I do have an outbreak, or when I'm not feeling well. Other virus' can set off a cold sore attack."

jlsAL July 25, 2008