Triple Paste AF
Generic Name: Miconazole (Vaginal) (mi KON a zole)
Brand Name: Aloe Vesta Antifungal, Antifungal, Azolen Tincture, Baza Antifungal, Carrington Antifungal, ...show all 32 brand names.Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Desenex Jock Itch, Desenex Spray, Desenex, Fungoid Tincture, Lotrimin AF Deodorant Powder, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Powder, Lotrimin AF Powder, Lotrimin AF, Micaderm, Micatin, Miconazole 3, Miconazole 3 Combo Pack, Miconazole 7, Micro Guard, Miranel AF, Mitrazol, Podactin, Remedy Antifungal, Secura Antifungal Extra Thick, Secura Antifungal, Soothe & Cool INZO Antifungal, Triple Paste AF, Vagistat-3, Zeasorb-AF
Medically reviewed on July 4, 2018
Uses of Triple Paste AF:
- This medicine is used to treat vaginal yeast infections.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Triple Paste AF?
- If you have an allergy to miconazole or any other part of Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Triple Paste AF?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- If vaginal yeast infections happen often, talk with the doctor.
- Protect clothing and fabrics from staining.
- Do not use Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)) for itching caused by a health problem other than a vaginal yeast infection. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not use Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)) if you have belly pain, fever, or bad-smelling vaginal discharge. Talk with your doctor.
- Condoms or diaphragms may not work to prevent pregnancy or stop the spread of diseases passed through sex while using Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)) and for a period of time after you stop Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)). You will need to use some other kind of birth control for some time after care ends. Be sure you know how long to do this. Talk with your doctor.
- Do not douche or use other vaginal products like tampons while you are using Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)). You may need to avoid these things for some time after care ends. Talk with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Triple Paste AF) best taken?
Use Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Do not take Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)) by mouth. For vaginal use only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Use at bedtime for best results.
- Dry outside vaginal area all the way after showering, bathing, or swimming. Change out of wet bathing suits or damp workout clothes right away.
- Do not have vaginal sex while using Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)).
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
See also: Dosage Information (in more detail)
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad vaginal irritation.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Bad-smelling vaginal discharge.
What are some other side effects of Triple Paste AF?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Stomach cramps.
- Irritation where Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)) is used.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Triple Paste AF?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Triple Paste AF (miconazole (vaginal)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Triple Paste AF (miconazole topical)
- Triple Paste AF Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antifungals