The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Flintstones Gummies chewables
Generic Name: pediatric multivitamin/minerals (MUL-ti-VYE-ta-min/MIN-er-als)
Brand Name: Examples include Cerovite Jr and Flintstones Gummies
Flintstones Gummies chewables are used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of vitamins and minerals in the body. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Flintstones Gummies chewables are a vitamin and mineral supplement. It works by providing extra vitamins and minerals to the body when you do not get enough from your diet.
Do NOT use Flintstones Gummies chewables if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Flintstones Gummies chewables
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Flintstones Gummies chewables:
Some medical conditions may interact with Flintstones Gummies chewables. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances (eg, soy)
- if you have anemia, liver problems, metabolism problems, or phenylketonuria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Flintstones Gummies chewables. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Acitretin, anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), or fluorouracil because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Flintstones Gummies chewables
- Doxycycline, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), levodopa, penicillamine, or thyroid hormones (eg, levothyroxine) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Flintstones Gummies chewables
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Flintstones Gummies chewables may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Flintstones Gummies chewables:
Use Flintstones Gummies chewables as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Flintstones Gummies chewables by mouth with or without food.
- Chew well before swallowing.
- If your brand of Flintstones Gummies chewables contains iron, do not take an antacid within several hours before or after you take Flintstones Gummies chewables.
- If you are also taking a bisphosphonate (eg, alendronate), cefdinir, methyldopa, a quinolone antibiotic (eg, ciprofloxacin), or a tetracycline antibiotic (eg, minocycline), ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take them with Flintstones Gummies chewables.
- If you miss a dose of Flintstones Gummies chewables for 1 or more days, there is no cause for concern. If your doctor recommended that you take it, try to remember your dose every day.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Flintstones Gummies chewables.
Important safety information:
- Do not take large doses of vitamins while you use Flintstones Gummies chewables unless your doctor tells you to.
- Some brands of Flintstones Gummies chewables contain soy. If you are allergic to soy products, ask your pharmacist if your brand contains soy.
- Some of these products contain phenylalanine. If you must have a diet that is low in phenylalanine, ask your pharmacist if it is in your product.
- Flintstones Gummies chewables should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 2 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed. These children may also have an increased risk of choking on Flintstones Gummies chewables.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Flintstones Gummies chewables while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Flintstones Gummies chewables, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Flintstones Gummies chewables:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Flintstones Gummies chewables:
Store Flintstones Gummies chewables at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Flintstones Gummies chewables out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Flintstones Gummies chewables, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Flintstones Gummies chewables are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Flintstones Gummies chewables or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Flintstones Gummies chewables. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Flintstones Gummies chewables. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Flintstones Gummies chewables.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.