Ferrex 150 Forte Plus
Generic Name: Iron, Succinic Acid, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, and Vitamin B12 (EYE urn/sux IN ic AS id/VYE ta min C/FOE lik AS id/VYE ta min B 12)
Brand Name: Ferrex 150 Forte Plus, Ferrex 28, Iron 21/7, Iron-150, Multigen Folic, ...show all 6 brand names.Multigen Plus
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 3, 2020.
- Accidental overdose of drugs that have iron in them is a leading cause of deadly poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. Keep away from children. If this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus) is taken by accident, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
Uses of Ferrex 150 Forte Plus:
- It is used to treat or prevent low iron in the body.
- It is used to help growth and good health.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Ferrex 150 Forte Plus?
- If you are allergic to this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus); any part of this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have too much iron in your body.
- If you have certain types of anemia like pernicious anemia or hemolytic anemia.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Ferrex 150 Forte Plus?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you are allergic to soy, talk with your doctor. Some products have soy.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus).
- If you are allergic to tartrazine, talk with your doctor. Some products have tartrazine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus) best taken?
Use this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- This medicine works better if you take it on an empty stomach. You may take this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus) with food if it causes an upset stomach. Some foods like eggs, whole grain breads, cereal, dairy products, coffee, and tea may make this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus) not work as well. If this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus) causes an upset stomach, talk with your doctor about the best way to take this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus) with food.
- This medicine prevents many other drugs from getting into the body. If you take other drugs, check with your doctor or pharmacist to see if you need to take them at some other time than this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus).
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- Stomach cramps.
What are some other side effects of Ferrex 150 Forte Plus?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Change in color of stool to green.
- Belly pain.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Ferrex 150 Forte Plus?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Ferrex 150 Forte Plus), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Ferrex 150 Forte Plus (multivitamin with iron)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: iron products