Deep Sea Nasal Spray
Generic name: Sodium Chloride Nasal [ SO-dee-um-KLOR-ride ]
Brand names: 4-Way Saline, Afrin Saline Nasal Mist, Altamist Spray, Ayr Nasal Mist Allergy/Sinus, Ayr Saline Nasal Drops, ... show all 26 brands Ayr Saline Nasal Gel, Ayr Saline Nasal No-Drip, Ayr Saline Nasal Rinse, Ayr Saline Nasal, Ayr, Baby Ayr Saline, Deep Sea Nasal Spray, Entsol Nasal Wash, Entsol Nasal, Entsol, Humist, Little Noses Decongestant, Na-Zone, Nasal Moist, Ocean Complete Sinus Rinse, Ocean for Kids, Ocean Nasal Spray, Ocean Ultra Saline Mist, Rhinaris, Saline Mist Spray, Sea Soft Nasal Mist
Drug class: Nasal lubricants and irrigations
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 20, 2023.
Uses of Deep Sea Nasal Spray:
- It is used to treat dry or irritated nose passages.
- It is used to thin fluid in the nose passages.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Deep Sea Nasal Spray?
- If you have an allergy to sodium chloride or any other part of Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal).
- If you are allergic to Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal); any part of Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Deep Sea Nasal Spray?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Deep Sea Nasal Spray) best taken?
Use Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal) by mouth. Use in your nose only. Keep out of your mouth and eyes (may burn).
- Blow your nose before use.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal) on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad nose irritation.
What are some other side effects of Deep Sea Nasal Spray?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
- Nose irritation.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Deep Sea Nasal Spray?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Protect from heat.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about Deep Sea Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal)
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (1)
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- Drug class: nasal lubricants and irrigations
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.