User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Anxiety

"I have been on klonopin for 2 months in my anxiety has been bad but when I started it I have been doing great better then ever!!!!can't believe how much better I'm doing now!!!!"

bulldog27 June 22, 2015

"The Klonopin helped my anxiety very much, probably to a level of 8 or 9 out of ten. However, after a few years, trying to taper off of it is proving to be a living nightmare and I am experiencing Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome. It's absolutely awful and I can see why some people are never able to stop taking it,"

aleksandi June 14, 2015

"I started taking Klonopin a few years ago 0.5 mg twice a day and prn as needed for anxiety. The drug works great for me keeps my anxiety away and I feel more on a normal level. It also helps me sleep . I only take it prn now and I feel it saved my life anxiety is a terrible thing to deal with."

David5962 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2015

"Anger. Anxiety. Stomach in a knot. Wanting to die. Then I take my Klonopin and a warm feeling envelops me. I'm suddenly calm. I'm reasonable and rational. The violence in my heart temporarily melts away. I'm not angry anymore. I take a short vacation from misery. Then I blissfully drift off to sleep. I won't take it often because I don't want to become addicted. But when things get unbearable, my Klonopin soothes my racing mind."

Auntie Depressant (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

"Helps for a while but then seems to decrease in effectiveness over time"

ihatesupercenters (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 8, 2015

"I took Klonopin daily for about a year due to a bout with anxiety and depression. I was put on an AD and added this after a few weeks as the AD was not helping my anxiety or depression. I took 0.25-0.5mg twice per day most of the time and had to change my AD twice over the first several months to get on the right one. Klonopin helped me alot during this time. I finally went back to Pristiq which had worked several years prior for me and after a few months was back to myself and with my Dr's OK I weaned off of the Klonopin and have been of it completely for almost two months now. I was terrified to stop it since I heard so many horror stories of benzo withdraw but I had no withdraw just as my Dr. had thought. Good luck!"

itsnotforever (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2015

"Was warned about benzo's by my first psychiatrist but in all fairness I haven't seen a (major) dosage increase. I first started with .25mg when I needed it. Mostly at night to .5mg again mostly at night. To then routinely taking .5mg in the morning and at night. Never straying to take it any more doses per day because of said addiction warnings. I have had some lapses in taking the prescribed amount for a couple days of which I paid for with loss of sleep but with any negatives I've found for this drug the positives have outweighed the negatives significantly. The biggest negative for me is the controlled substance and the hoops one must go through in order to maintain a routine for the medication."

Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2015

"Okay, here is the thing with Klonopin. It's a drug that works perfectly. There is literally no way to be anxious on a high enough dose, and benzos will be your saving grace if you are suffering from several panic attacks a day or even if you're catatonic. It's also got a pretty good record for being safe, far as I know. Here's the bad part. Any drug that works too well, that allows you to feel too good on it, runs a high risk of dependency. Not only that, withdrawal from this drug is miserable and painful if not done currently and under supervision. You'll be told this is "not abusable as Xanax" because Xanax is common among recreational drug users. That's a fallacy. Klonopin is very easy to double up on and abuse. Do not mix with alcohol."

Steve Stevenson (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2015

"I have suffered panic attacks and anxiety since I was 14 and was always an anxious child, I am 62 now. I have tried just about every medication on the market and none of them worked. I was lucky enough to find a Dr that said a new drug Klonopin that was a seizure med may help my attacks. I haven't had an attack in years. Although I still take it now I am having pvc's. Klonopin will most of the time stop them. I have always taken it at night but I am gonna try a half during the day. I will be seeing a Cardiologist"

Tamerlane10 April 15, 2015

"I was prescribed clonazepam, 2mg, 3 times a day for 6 years. I was dropped because my doctor moved out of state. It is The only one that has ever helped to calm my anxiety. I need a new doctor that understands."

Mama Cass (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2015

"Hi, Almost two years ago, I started on a dose of 0.5mg of Klonopin twice a day (or as needed) along with 20 mg of Celexa (citalopram). I would say Klonopin is an effective drug and useful for treating anxiety and panic attacks. However, my advice would be to make sure that you are working with your doctor if deciding to cut down on/taper off of Klonopin. I weaned my dose off without talking to my doc a few times. Mostly OK (days of some side effects notwithstanding), however, once it was pretty bad. I recall feeling -- edgy -- all day at work, and then later that night feeling horrible. I didn't want to eat, I cried, and I kept having anxious thoughts. I would not recommend leaving Klonopin cold turkey unless you really feel ready."

ATLien (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2015

"FINALLY relief of life long anxiety"

laloloooo (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2015

"Where to start? Anxiety kicked in back in my childhood from a mother who needed HRT but it was not readily available back then and she, well, she hurt us a lot. Then about 4 years ago my husband was in a near fatal car accident and a year after that we had to put our daughter into a psych ward for about 3 weeks. Long story there, but my anxiety was out of control. Pounding heart as soon as I woke up and all day long. The thought of taking a shower was almost overwhelming. A shower! So my Dr put me on Klonopin. Amazing. Helped me so much. Then his clinic couldn't prescribe it for a few months due to laws that were passed and then amended. So I was off of it for about a year. So very horrible. But back on and grateful!!"

TwinOfAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2015

"I have been on this anxiolytic longer than any other, & I feel that it works the best at controlling my panic attacks."

Illcomm (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2015

"Best ever. I take very small amount and then a whole yellow pilll to sleep. It helps GAD, insomnia, and my RL S . I never and drive, nor do I use it work.Never make me high :) Works for me!!"

G$$ (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

"Helped my anxiety. Was already taking Lexapro added 0.5 mg of Klonopin no more anxiety attacks."

Christy4533 March 27, 2015

"Works great. As soon as I take it my anxiety its gone."

Gelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2015

"This medicine helped with my anxiety a lot. I tend to get very anxious during the night and it can keep me up at times. I'm on 0.5 mg and its works great! I finally get to sleep and not constantly worry about things. Although one downside is when I wake up. I still feel sedated and tired for about 3 hours but overall a very good medicine."

Anon- March 26, 2015

"I am a very outgoing college student.. The type of person who can literally talk to anyone. However, when you put me on the spot or if I have to give a 10 minute presentation I can hardly think straight. My doctor was soo sweet and prescribed me 0.5 mg Clonazepam. I use it for situation anxiety. (Twice a month) and it has given me so much more assurance in myself. I also avoid caffiene when taking it before a presentation and I walk in the class way more focused on what I am going to say instead of worrying about my nerves!"

:-) March 19, 2015

"I cannot take antidepressants, so I was put n Xanax and then Ativan as needed. I have general anxiety without anxiety attacks and sleep okay but wake early. Dr. Recommended Clonazepam to take as needed. I take 0.5 mg. most days plus at night. Takes the edge of daytime anxiety and helps me sleep well at night. Dr. Said that the low dose I take should not cause problems if I stop and I have no withdrawal symptoms if I do not take any. I also do regular exercise which greatly helps my anxiety and a drink at night can help too."

Frantheman (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2015

"I have been through so many different treatments for my depression and social anxiety. When I started klonopin I was rx'ed 0.5mg daily but it did not help very well so doctor went up to 1 mg daily. All of my other treatments left me feeling suicidal or extremely angry. This one lets me get through my day without panicking when I am forced into conversation. However, I have been informed that this will likely have to be upped or changed in a few years as people tend to become tolerant of the drug."

ErinJ90 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2015

"Klonopin is the best benzodiazepine in my opinion for any sort of anxiety disorders. It helps me the most I have SAD GAD and PTSD. This medicine lets me feel calm, at ease, and I can speak my mind. .5mg is all one needs and it lasts about 8 hours for me, and the long half life keeps my anxiety levels lower than usual If I don't take it the next day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2015

"It's the only medication that works for my social anxiety, and I have tried a lot of medications."

mikey0909 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2015

"I take as needed .5mg, more if needed. Works great, no side effects. Just knowing I have this 'safety net' gives me piece of mind."

JeffinMD February 15, 2015

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have anxiety disorder and ocd which has made me depressed over the years. I have tried various SSRI's and some antipsychotics, none of which seemed to help with my overwhelming anxiety obsessional thoughts and compulsions. They also gave me unwanted side effects. I am very scared when it comes to taking medication, and will only take a pill if i really need too. The only thing that seems to help in easing my mind is Klonopin! I have no noticeable side effects from taking it . It makes me feel like my old self, helps me to be focused and relaxed, and gives me the confidence to do more things. I would definitely recommend this medication for other anxiety sufferers out there."

fletchy77 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2015