User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Anxiety

"I have been on kolonopin for almost a year now & it has been an absolute life saver! I had horrible panic attacks, scared to drive, couldn't even go shopping without getting dizzy and anxious. Anxiety has taken over my life, the panic attacks are so scary I thought I was going to die. I'm very greatful to have this medicine. I've heard of problems with dependency but I don't know what I'd do without it, I'm also on zoloft & I feel like I have my life back!"

mamaluv (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2015

"Have been taking 2 to 2.5 mg per day for many years. The only med that has alleviated my anxiety. Am 67 and have had the problem since childhood. Don't know why but it's too late to unravel. Suspect I'm wired that way or its hereditary. Was very successful but life was a constant struggle until I got help at age 48. Would not want to be without it despite the docs concerns about addiction. The horror stories about withdrawal are over blow. I wean off once in 6 weeks. No re-occuring issues. Therapy never had any lasting effect. Too late to consider stopping now and I don't know why I should. The trend against these meds is unfortunate. "

Fritzsommer (taken for 10 years or more) July 15, 2015

"I'm writing this in case anyone else is in my position of being afraid of takings this out of the fear of it making you high, since so many people have voiced strong opposing opinions about Klonopin. I was in the same exact position of being afraid of taking it, even though those around me (which is part of something I have to learn..accepting that people know what they're talking about when it comes to anxiety) were telling me that nothing would happen. It took me a spur of the moment gather of courage to take Klonopin..and now I can say that *when needed*, I love Klonopin. It melts away anxiety and leaves a dent in depersonalization (if you struggle) and allows you to function and level off for a few days afterwards."

R R July 14, 2015

"I went through severe panic and anxiety that debilitated my life. I experienced shakes, suicidal thoughts, fear for no reason, fast throbbing heart beat, no sleep for ten days because of fear my body was dying, 38lb weight loss in 1month, vomiting, foggy mind, couldn't speak, and so much more. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I visited hospitals over 6 times with no answers but the doctor telling me I'm crazy smh. Went through gastic procedures and nothing was found but gerd which is a symptom of anxiety. I finally broke down and took the meds prescribed to me. Xanax was the only one that worked for a short time, and I had taken many medications. Clonazepam is working amazing with no side effects. I feel great along with Zoloft."

Resse July 14, 2015

"I take 1 mg at nite to sleep. It works for about 6 hrs. However, I am having hair loss so I'm upset about that. I also take 20 mg Celexa."

wannaBBetter (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2015

"I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 7. I'm currently 33 and just discovered Klonopin. I was on Paxil for 12 years and it was a miracle pill until I built tolerance to it and it stopped working. I've recently switched to Zoloft and it's been a rough road. However my psychiatrist put me on klonopin to help ease the anxiety and it has been amazing. I only need .25 mg 2 to 3 times a day, but it gave me the ability to function. Even with withdrawal from Paxil and start up side effects from Zoloft, I can still keep my head straight. Anxiety and panic are dibilatating and when I weigh my options, I'd pick klonopin everytime."

Amangi06 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

"My daily medicine is actually Effexor for severe combat PTSD but I have a high dose of klonopin as a PRN take as needed and in bad cases once my triggers are set off. It does a good job at helping me refocus and calm down. My doses have increased over time due to me apparently getting used to it but it is still effective"

ZArmitage (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2015

"Have taken 2.5 mg a day for 20 years without side effects. Weaned off once in 6 weeks. Convinced I suffered anxiety due to hereditary or deep rooted experienced too deep to ever unravel through therapy. Was successful business exec but was always constrained and my personal life didn't exist. Suffered and suffered! Went to an Ivy League school and never spoke to a woman. The dependency is over blown. I weaned off once in 6 weeks. The drug made my life bearable otherwise I would chose not to be here."

FritzG! July 3, 2015

"I have been on klonopin for 2 months in my anxiety has been bad but when I started it I have been doing great better then ever!!!!can't believe how much better I'm doing now!!!!"

bulldog27 June 22, 2015

"The Klonopin helped my anxiety very much, probably to a level of 8 or 9 out of ten. However, after a few years, trying to taper off of it is proving to be a living nightmare and I am experiencing Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome. It's absolutely awful and I can see why some people are never able to stop taking it,"

aleksandi June 14, 2015

"I started taking Klonopin a few years ago 0.5 mg twice a day and prn as needed for anxiety. The drug works great for me keeps my anxiety away and I feel more on a normal level. It also helps me sleep . I only take it prn now and I feel it saved my life anxiety is a terrible thing to deal with."

David5962 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2015

"Anger. Anxiety. Stomach in a knot. Wanting to die. Then I take my Klonopin and a warm feeling envelops me. I'm suddenly calm. I'm reasonable and rational. The violence in my heart temporarily melts away. I'm not angry anymore. I take a short vacation from misery. Then I blissfully drift off to sleep. I won't take it often because I don't want to become addicted. But when things get unbearable, my Klonopin soothes my racing mind."

Auntie Depressant (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Helps for a while but then seems to decrease in effectiveness over time"

ihatesupercenters (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 8, 2015

"I took Klonopin daily for about a year due to a bout with anxiety and depression. I was put on an AD and added this after a few weeks as the AD was not helping my anxiety or depression. I took 0.25-0.5mg twice per day most of the time and had to change my AD twice over the first several months to get on the right one. Klonopin helped me alot during this time. I finally went back to Pristiq which had worked several years prior for me and after a few months was back to myself and with my Dr's OK I weaned off of the Klonopin and have been of it completely for almost two months now. I was terrified to stop it since I heard so many horror stories of benzo withdraw but I had no withdraw just as my Dr. had thought. Good luck!"

itsnotforever (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2015

"Was warned about benzo's by my first psychiatrist but in all fairness I haven't seen a (major) dosage increase. I first started with .25mg when I needed it. Mostly at night to .5mg again mostly at night. To then routinely taking .5mg in the morning and at night. Never straying to take it any more doses per day because of said addiction warnings. I have had some lapses in taking the prescribed amount for a couple days of which I paid for with loss of sleep but with any negatives I've found for this drug the positives have outweighed the negatives significantly. The biggest negative for me is the controlled substance and the hoops one must go through in order to maintain a routine for the medication."

Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2015

"Okay, here is the thing with Klonopin. It's a drug that works perfectly. There is literally no way to be anxious on a high enough dose, and benzos will be your saving grace if you are suffering from several panic attacks a day or even if you're catatonic. It's also got a pretty good record for being safe, far as I know. Here's the bad part. Any drug that works too well, that allows you to feel too good on it, runs a high risk of dependency. Not only that, withdrawal from this drug is miserable and painful if not done currently and under supervision. You'll be told this is "not abusable as Xanax" because Xanax is common among recreational drug users. That's a fallacy. Klonopin is very easy to double up on and abuse. Do not mix with alcohol."

Steve Stevenson (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2015

"I have suffered panic attacks and anxiety since I was 14 and was always an anxious child, I am 62 now. I have tried just about every medication on the market and none of them worked. I was lucky enough to find a Dr that said a new drug Klonopin that was a seizure med may help my attacks. I haven't had an attack in years. Although I still take it now I am having pvc's. Klonopin will most of the time stop them. I have always taken it at night but I am gonna try a half during the day. I will be seeing a Cardiologist"

Tamerlane10 April 15, 2015

"I was prescribed clonazepam, 2mg, 3 times a day for 6 years. I was dropped because my doctor moved out of state. It is The only one that has ever helped to calm my anxiety. I need a new doctor that understands."

Mama Cass (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2015

"Hi, Almost two years ago, I started on a dose of 0.5mg of Klonopin twice a day (or as needed) along with 20 mg of Celexa (citalopram). I would say Klonopin is an effective drug and useful for treating anxiety and panic attacks. However, my advice would be to make sure that you are working with your doctor if deciding to cut down on/taper off of Klonopin. I weaned my dose off without talking to my doc a few times. Mostly OK (days of some side effects notwithstanding), however, once it was pretty bad. I recall feeling -- edgy -- all day at work, and then later that night feeling horrible. I didn't want to eat, I cried, and I kept having anxious thoughts. I would not recommend leaving Klonopin cold turkey unless you really feel ready."

ATLien (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2015

"FINALLY relief of life long anxiety"

laloloooo (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2015

"Where to start? Anxiety kicked in back in my childhood from a mother who needed HRT but it was not readily available back then and she, well, she hurt us a lot. Then about 4 years ago my husband was in a near fatal car accident and a year after that we had to put our daughter into a psych ward for about 3 weeks. Long story there, but my anxiety was out of control. Pounding heart as soon as I woke up and all day long. The thought of taking a shower was almost overwhelming. A shower! So my Dr put me on Klonopin. Amazing. Helped me so much. Then his clinic couldn't prescribe it for a few months due to laws that were passed and then amended. So I was off of it for about a year. So very horrible. But back on and grateful!!"

TwinOfAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2015

"I have been on this anxiolytic longer than any other, & I feel that it works the best at controlling my panic attacks."

Illcomm (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2015

"Best ever. I take very small amount and then a whole yellow pilll to sleep. It helps GAD, insomnia, and my RL S . I never and drive, nor do I use it work.Never make me high :) Works for me!!"

G$$ (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

"Helped my anxiety. Was already taking Lexapro added 0.5 mg of Klonopin no more anxiety attacks."

Christy4533 March 27, 2015

"Works great. As soon as I take it my anxiety its gone."

Gelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2015