User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Anxiety

"I just started taking it so my body still has to adjust but I notice that I have gotten some sleep. I have an extremely important medical issues going on right now. "

Cherokeenative2015 August 31, 2015

"I've been taking 1mg of Klonopin daily for 3.5 years, after the sudden death of my father. At the time, my anxiety was a 10 and Klonopin allowed me to continue working and raising my 4 kids. I consider Klonopin an absolute miracle drug that probably saved my life. My psychiatrist, and 2 other consulted doctors, don't express the least amount of concern about using 1 mg of Klonopin daily perhaps indefinitely. However, I went 42 years without taking a prescription drug and it really is my hope to not need Klonopin for much longer. The notion that Benzos should not be taken beyond 4 weeks is purely irrational. Find a good doctor!!!"

Sufficient Grace (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 25, 2015

"I have severe panic and anxiety attacks and have for over 20 years. When I tried to go off this medication, lowering my dosage slowly because of a pregnancy, I ended up with the bad anxiety again. Needless to say I ended up going back on and my son was born perfectly ( at the time 20 years ago they were not sure of long term effects) if anything he is smarter than my other 2 children. I also take an anti depresent that works very well with it. I definitely recommend this medication. I am on a higher dose probably more than most I take 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night. Probably because my depression is worse than it was but the anxiety is finally under control"

aalana August 21, 2015

"I have had anxiety for as long as I can remember, but just had a horrible Doctor. My anxiety turned me to abusing drugs, alcohol, opiates, and even Benzos. I finally got clean and still had anxiety, but thought I would never get this script with my history. I finally found a Dr. who took a chance and trusted me. Clonazopam on a regular dose has helped me in so many ways. I'm prescribes 4 1 mg tabs a day, even though I don't usually take that much, along with wellbutrin. I'm no longer experiencing anxiety or panic attacks and best of all don't feel the need to get high in order to get rid of it. clonazepam has saved my life along with suboxone. Any Dr who thinks these 2 drugs shouldn't be mixed is stopping the best opiate recovery."

EnemyTortoise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2015

"I am on Zoloft 200mg. a day. Have been taking Xanax 1mg. 3 or 4 x day. My Dr. wants to switch me to Klonopin .5 2x day instead, but it does not seem to be helping. I don't seem to feel any relief from the Klonopin."

Seada68 August 7, 2015

"Started with an SSRI for anxiety and it just didn't work. Finally got prescribed this benzo Klonopin and it's perfect! I take 0.5mg, but when I take it, my anxiety goes away. I feel like I can do anything, with a clear mind of course. I don't have to hide away anymore. I thought this drug might make me "stoned" or something, but really all I experience is, after about 15 min, a general clear-minded sense of well-being and it works for a while. Good stuff."

GoJoGoJo August 7, 2015

"I was on this medication for approximately 5 years. The last couple of years, I had increasing anxiety and depression. I never increased my initial dose of 2 mg. at night to help with sleep. My PDoc continued to insist that it was not the Klonopin that was causing my anxiety and depression. Who knows? I weaned myself off of the medication SLOWWLY over 4 months. It really took me that amount of time, even that may have been too fast for me. When it works, it's a helpful me. Problem is that many people tend to build a tolerance to the med and will likely need to increase the dose to get the same effect, hence feelings of withdrawal that can come on automatically. I know everyone has his/her own opinion about this drug."

Zack33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 6, 2015

"I have been on kolonopin for almost a year now & it has been an absolute life saver! I had horrible panic attacks, scared to drive, couldn't even go shopping without getting dizzy and anxious. Anxiety has taken over my life, the panic attacks are so scary I thought I was going to die. I'm very greatful to have this medicine. I've heard of problems with dependency but I don't know what I'd do without it, I'm also on zoloft & I feel like I have my life back!"

mamaluv (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2015

"Have been taking 2 to 2.5 mg per day for many years. The only med that has alleviated my anxiety. Am 67 and have had the problem since childhood. Don't know why but it's too late to unravel. Suspect I'm wired that way or its hereditary. Was very successful but life was a constant struggle until I got help at age 48. Would not want to be without it despite the docs concerns about addiction. The horror stories about withdrawal are over blow. I wean off once in 6 weeks. No re-occuring issues. Therapy never had any lasting effect. Too late to consider stopping now and I don't know why I should. The trend against these meds is unfortunate. "

Fritzsommer (taken for 10 years or more) July 15, 2015

"I'm writing this in case anyone else is in my position of being afraid of takings this out of the fear of it making you high, since so many people have voiced strong opposing opinions about Klonopin. I was in the same exact position of being afraid of taking it, even though those around me (which is part of something I have to learn..accepting that people know what they're talking about when it comes to anxiety) were telling me that nothing would happen. It took me a spur of the moment gather of courage to take Klonopin..and now I can say that *when needed*, I love Klonopin. It melts away anxiety and leaves a dent in depersonalization (if you struggle) and allows you to function and level off for a few days afterwards."

R R July 14, 2015

"I went through severe panic and anxiety that debilitated my life. I experienced shakes, suicidal thoughts, fear for no reason, fast throbbing heart beat, no sleep for ten days because of fear my body was dying, 38lb weight loss in 1month, vomiting, foggy mind, couldn't speak, and so much more. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I visited hospitals over 6 times with no answers but the doctor telling me I'm crazy smh. Went through gastic procedures and nothing was found but gerd which is a symptom of anxiety. I finally broke down and took the meds prescribed to me. Xanax was the only one that worked for a short time, and I had taken many medications. Clonazepam is working amazing with no side effects. I feel great along with Zoloft."

Resse July 14, 2015

"I take 1 mg at nite to sleep. It works for about 6 hrs. However, I am having hair loss so I'm upset about that. I also take 20 mg Celexa."

wannaBBetter (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2015

"I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 7. I'm currently 33 and just discovered Klonopin. I was on Paxil for 12 years and it was a miracle pill until I built tolerance to it and it stopped working. I've recently switched to Zoloft and it's been a rough road. However my psychiatrist put me on klonopin to help ease the anxiety and it has been amazing. I only need .25 mg 2 to 3 times a day, but it gave me the ability to function. Even with withdrawal from Paxil and start up side effects from Zoloft, I can still keep my head straight. Anxiety and panic are dibilatating and when I weigh my options, I'd pick klonopin everytime."

Amangi06 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

"My daily medicine is actually Effexor for severe combat PTSD but I have a high dose of klonopin as a PRN take as needed and in bad cases once my triggers are set off. It does a good job at helping me refocus and calm down. My doses have increased over time due to me apparently getting used to it but it is still effective"

ZArmitage (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2015

"Have taken 2.5 mg a day for 20 years without side effects. Weaned off once in 6 weeks. Convinced I suffered anxiety due to hereditary or deep rooted experienced too deep to ever unravel through therapy. Was successful business exec but was always constrained and my personal life didn't exist. Suffered and suffered! Went to an Ivy League school and never spoke to a woman. The dependency is over blown. I weaned off once in 6 weeks. The drug made my life bearable otherwise I would chose not to be here."

FritzG! July 3, 2015

"I have been on klonopin for 2 months in my anxiety has been bad but when I started it I have been doing great better then ever!!!!can't believe how much better I'm doing now!!!!"

bulldog27 June 22, 2015

"The Klonopin helped my anxiety very much, probably to a level of 8 or 9 out of ten. However, after a few years, trying to taper off of it is proving to be a living nightmare and I am experiencing Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome. It's absolutely awful and I can see why some people are never able to stop taking it,"

aleksandi June 14, 2015

"I started taking Klonopin a few years ago 0.5 mg twice a day and prn as needed for anxiety. The drug works great for me keeps my anxiety away and I feel more on a normal level. It also helps me sleep . I only take it prn now and I feel it saved my life anxiety is a terrible thing to deal with."

David5962 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2015

"Anger. Anxiety. Stomach in a knot. Wanting to die. Then I take my Klonopin and a warm feeling envelops me. I'm suddenly calm. I'm reasonable and rational. The violence in my heart temporarily melts away. I'm not angry anymore. I take a short vacation from misery. Then I blissfully drift off to sleep. I won't take it often because I don't want to become addicted. But when things get unbearable, my Klonopin soothes my racing mind."

Auntie Depressant (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Helps for a while but then seems to decrease in effectiveness over time"

ihatesupercenters (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 8, 2015

"I took Klonopin daily for about a year due to a bout with anxiety and depression. I was put on an AD and added this after a few weeks as the AD was not helping my anxiety or depression. I took 0.25-0.5mg twice per day most of the time and had to change my AD twice over the first several months to get on the right one. Klonopin helped me alot during this time. I finally went back to Pristiq which had worked several years prior for me and after a few months was back to myself and with my Dr's OK I weaned off of the Klonopin and have been of it completely for almost two months now. I was terrified to stop it since I heard so many horror stories of benzo withdraw but I had no withdraw just as my Dr. had thought. Good luck!"

itsnotforever (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2015

"Was warned about benzo's by my first psychiatrist but in all fairness I haven't seen a (major) dosage increase. I first started with .25mg when I needed it. Mostly at night to .5mg again mostly at night. To then routinely taking .5mg in the morning and at night. Never straying to take it any more doses per day because of said addiction warnings. I have had some lapses in taking the prescribed amount for a couple days of which I paid for with loss of sleep but with any negatives I've found for this drug the positives have outweighed the negatives significantly. The biggest negative for me is the controlled substance and the hoops one must go through in order to maintain a routine for the medication."

Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2015

"Okay, here is the thing with Klonopin. It's a drug that works perfectly. There is literally no way to be anxious on a high enough dose, and benzos will be your saving grace if you are suffering from several panic attacks a day or even if you're catatonic. It's also got a pretty good record for being safe, far as I know. Here's the bad part. Any drug that works too well, that allows you to feel too good on it, runs a high risk of dependency. Not only that, withdrawal from this drug is miserable and painful if not done currently and under supervision. You'll be told this is "not abusable as Xanax" because Xanax is common among recreational drug users. That's a fallacy. Klonopin is very easy to double up on and abuse. Do not mix with alcohol."

Steve Stevenson (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2015

"I have suffered panic attacks and anxiety since I was 14 and was always an anxious child, I am 62 now. I have tried just about every medication on the market and none of them worked. I was lucky enough to find a Dr that said a new drug Klonopin that was a seizure med may help my attacks. I haven't had an attack in years. Although I still take it now I am having pvc's. Klonopin will most of the time stop them. I have always taken it at night but I am gonna try a half during the day. I will be seeing a Cardiologist"

Tamerlane10 April 15, 2015

"I was prescribed clonazepam, 2mg, 3 times a day for 6 years. I was dropped because my doctor moved out of state. It is The only one that has ever helped to calm my anxiety. I need a new doctor that understands."

Mama Cass (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2015