User Reviews for Zoloft

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 520 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by waterfirewind12 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Asking my doctor about Zoloft was one of the best decisions for me. I have suffered from anxiety as long as I can remember. I feel like a new person now. I didn't even fully realize how bad it was until taking Zoloft. I didn't want to take meds, I thought my anxiety was just part of who I was and something I would have to deal with forever. Zoloft has changed my life.

December 12, 2014 9:29 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I took Zoloft for a couple of years...it worked great for depression but it absolutely killed my sex drive.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by Serenamine (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I took Sertraline for Moderate Depression which it was exceptionally good at diminishing. I have been taking it for just under 6 weeks for moderate depression, social anxiety and generalised anxiety. It worked for depression the best, by far; however, not half as good for the anxiety, perhaps because it requires a higher dose and longer intake. Definitely consider Sertraline for depression, its side effects were minimal (if any because it was so unnoticeable).

December 6, 2014 6:25 PM

Review by Felinelover13 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been on sertraline for 4 weeks and a day, my dr started me on 50mg, then after 3 weeks and 3 days she upped my dosage to 100mg, I have felt the side effects so I know this medication is doing something, however, I don't feel any better for taking it, I thought by now it would kick in..

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I've been on 50mg of Zoloft for three weeks now... it seems to be working pretty well. My obsessive thoughts started to have trouble materializing in my mind then before I knew it.. I started to feel like myself again and the thoughts and anxiety seem to have diminished.

November 29, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by Anon321:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Did NOT want to take meds, but I am so glad I finally hit rock bottom and decided Zoloft was an option worth considering. Seriously, it has completely changed my life. As long as you have a reputable therapist/doctor giving you the meds, there should be no major issues. Had some problems with sleep at first, but I started taking melatonin at night and now it's all good.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2014 3:23 AM

Review by traciii (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: After trying just therapy for panic disorder, major depressive, and general anxiety I finally gave in and starting taking Zoloft. THANK GOD! I haven't had a single panic attack in 5 years when at one point I was having them up to ten times a day! I have had zero side effects. I also took it through pregnancy. I'm 28 and I'm fine with taking Zoloft forever, living without anxiety is just amazing!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2014 11:16 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Feel so good when it finally start working at day #15. Feel calm in public for the first time in my life. Only cons is not able to orgasm and increased sweating.

November 20, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by Nurse Nan (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I am 39 years old, was a new nurse and struggling with major depression. I had not been to a Dr in years and broke down crying at the first visit. Started 50 mg a day. Felt a little funny first couple days but now feel much better! Everyone noticed a change for the better and even got a promotion at work! Feel so much better and have not had any side effects!

November 16, 2014 12:06 PM

Review by pepper6 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I'm on 200 mg of Zoloft and it has changed my life!

November 3, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by jackman7800:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: My obsessive compulsive disorder is lifted and is relieved almost immediately best pill ever!

October 27, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by Sig (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Generic Sertraline gave me some relief but it made me jittery and gave me headaches. After reading testimonials I insisted on the name brand Zoloft. so glad I did. It's like a completely different medicine. More relaxed and not full of negative thinking. I still get overly anxious if something stressful happens but it doesn't last long. Side effects are more tolerable, though it does make me tired.

October 27, 2014 2:11 AM

Review by hii (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Not helping for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. On max dose now, and still nothing. I get this feeling of the skin on my head contracting...I don't know if that's normal.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 1:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I've been on sertraline for almost a year now. On the 25mg I didn't notice any kind of difference. I was suffering from major depression, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts. My dr bumped me up to a 50mg dose & have stayed here for about 8 months now. My girlfriend calls it my "happy pills" because when I forget to take a dose or two, everyone can tell.

October 23, 2014 4:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: I would have panic attacks and would cut myself to avoid feeling nervous and anxious about things I couldn't control. I pretty much had a great experience while I was on Zoloft. I was taking 100mgs a day. Very few panic attacks and if I would have feelings of panic, it was much less intense. After about a year, I decided I no longer wanted to be taking anti depressants. I weaned myself off of it. First week I took 75mg, then 50, then 25. This is the end of my first full week off Zoloft and for the most part I feel fine. I think the medicine helps. I noticed my smoking habit has started to come back as my desire for a cigarette while on Zoloft was minimal.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by Skyfall007:

For Depression: Zoloft has helped me a lot. I suffered from mild depression and mild anxiety for years. I'm a 38 yr old male. I requested Zoloft from the Dr. And I'm on the 50mg dose. It started working right away. I felt effects the first night. I was sick the next day but that was the only time. I had some euphoria during the first couple of weeks. Next to impossible to orgasim. I have zero anxiety it's amazing. Not as depressed but didn't fully take it away but really helped. It was the right choice for me. Highly recommended. I would make the same choice.

October 17, 2014 2:44 PM

Review by scotty888 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I've been reading a lot of reviews on this site, let me tell those that are new to this or thinking of going on sertraline. I have horrible side effects with medication and got serotonin syndrome on citalopram. I was scared to death of going on sertraline. I'm on day 17 on 50mg and I honestly say I've not had one single side effect at all. Its starting to hit me and I feel amazing. 100 times better than having anxiety. Wow

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 8:12 AM

Review by cam2549 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft for just over 2 years for Post traumatic stress disorder and depression. At my worst I was on 150mg and this held me quite well, I was determined not to be on the full 200mg. Initially the shakes and the tiredness bothered me, but not as much as how I felt when I missed a dose. On every increase I would have a day or two where my mind and mouth raced. This provided a few giggles. A huge improvement from crying and refusing to leave the house. Combining therapy and medication has helped me get my life back. I am now on the decrease as the masses of weight I have put on in a short period of time, my least favourite side effect, regardless of how much I exercise and how good my diet is. Just keeps adding on. Now 50mg daily and doing well.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2014 11:00 PM

Review by zeketyler (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I took this 2 years ago at 150mg... lost weight, great antidepressant I'm on 60mg's of Prozac. Works very well too but thinking of going back to Zoloft because of weight gain, but I give it 10. Great medicine.

October 12, 2014 8:24 PM

Review by ED1982:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Social anxiety since child (born in 1982) 2005-2008 - Sertraline 100-200 mg/day (rating 6,5/10) 2009 - Sertraline 100mg/day, Mirtazapine 45mg/day, Clonazepam 10mg/day (rating 6,5/10) 2010 - Clomipramine (rating 1/10) made me terribly anxious 2011 - Bupropion + Mirtazapine (rating 6/10) anxious and angry, but depression was gone 2012-2013 Parnate (IMAO) (rating 5/10) food restrictions, insonia, anxious all the time and tolerance to Diazepam 2014 - Escitalopram 40 mg + Mirtazapine 45 mg (rating 5,5/10) less anxious but terribly depressed I'll talk to my doc and go back to sertraline. Not exccelent, but I have to give another chance

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 5:23 PM

Review by Overcome1985:

For Panic Disorder: The only reason I'm giving this medication an 8 is because of the initial side effects and the time it took to find an adequate dose. I've been on Zoloft for around 6 months now. I had suffered with panic disorder for most of my adult life, I'm currently 29 years old. I tried a few different SSRIs, but never really gave them a chance. I relied on Ativan taken twice daily, totaling 2 mg. I started out taking 25 mg of Zoloft and worked up to 150 mg daily. At first, it was fairly difficult and I'm really surprised that I didn't just give up within a few days, let alone a few weeks. I read many reviews on here and wondered if that would ever be me. If I was asked 5 months ago, I never would have had anything good to say. But now ...it changed my life.

October 8, 2014 4:42 AM

Review by Chrisssyyy:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: No one likes to be on medications if possible but unfortunately most of the time, anxiety and depressions are tough. Negative thoughts, feeling uneasy almost all the time, social difficulties had affected me more than words can describe until I see the psychiatrist for help. Was prescribed Remeron along with Xanax at first but Remeron knock me off even at lowest dosage and constant migraines. Doc then switched me to Zoloft 25mg, its been a year now I'm feeling myself again, laughter is back, seeing things in brighter ways, willing to be back to work life. Anxiety and depression still lingers around sometimes but much bearable. Trying to slowly cut down Xanax and back to normal life. Side effects are sexual difficulties and stomach discomfort.

October 5, 2014 6:59 AM

Review by MDASS:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I started taking it after my husband passed away; he had a cardiac problem and I tried to unsuccessfully help him. I did call the emergency services, they tried but were unable to help him. After that I could not get thoughts about the incident out of my mind and I lost in excess of 50lbs the next month. I was given Zoloft by my doctor which did interrupt my 'panic', however I only took the medicine for less than one month as I couldn't think properly. I rely on my mind, my thoughts to process how I relate to the 'world' - I decided that being sad about the situation was appropriate and a normal response. In the eighteen years since then I have not needed medication for depression - other things yes, but not mood disorders. Thank you.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 2:47 AM

Review by Milkykiss (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: It's my third time returning back to Zoloft and I'm 21. First time I've used Zoloft I was only 15 and it was for Social Anxiety/Severe Depression and it helped me tremendously. Stopped it after one year and maybe... 6 months later my anxiety was back along with obsessive compulsive disorder. Anyway, I'm back on it and after 1 month I can say this IT'S PERFECT. I'm lucky to not have any side effects (except maybe a little bit of diziness but I don't care) and I feel so much better!!! I'm way LESS ANXIOUS, OCD is diminished by 3/4 (I still need to follow therapy for this problem), no more black thoughts, I'm also more focused at school and my thoughts are more coherent/clear. I don't think I'll ever stop this medication... For me, it's a life saver.

October 3, 2014 6:59 PM

Review by Sammosh:

For Panic Disorder: It's been really amazing. I'm on 50mg daily of Zoloft and I went from horrible frequent panic attacks to occasional, "normal" anxiety. I feel like my life is totally different to how it was a year ago (I wouldn't even leave the house for fear of panic attacks). I switched from Lexapro which was not nearly as effective.

October 1, 2014 2:03 AM