User Reviews for Zoloft

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 541 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by Stuarttee (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: Been on Zoloft for years and have never looked back. Although, one doctor reduced my dosage and had to up it again, after several weeks. Absolutely no side effects, unless you can call being cheerful, a bad thing!

January 29, 2015 11:44 PM

Review by Zatch:

For Depression: Lately I've been having really bad panic attacks, migraines, night terrors/nightmares every night for three weeks I started Zoloft last night and it already started working within a night I'm more calm and feel like my old self already.

January 28, 2015 6:23 AM

Review by Lou1985 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: IT'S MY SAVIOR, I was in severe anxiety and depression for the last 6 months, it felt like there was no hope anymore, started taking Zoloft, and today is my 4th week. It's not that I don't feel depressed anymore, I FEEL HAPPY, enjoying every moment of life, I go to work full of motivation now, I feel like nothing can stress me out, you sound very confident in front of your colleagues. I am so thankful for this medicine, it gave me my potential, my efficiency and my life back. No significant side effects, other than weight gain.

January 25, 2015 6:05 PM

Review by Mirgirl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I started Zoloft 3 weeks ago for panic attacks but I am having a hard time with the side effects. I feel like it has made my anxiety even worse but I am going to continue taking it until I get over the initial starting side effects.

January 23, 2015 4:49 PM

Review by 37505253:

For Panic Disorder: Well, I'm sitting here in the ER after having increased my Zoloft dosage. It was absolutely horrific! I think I am very sensitive to medications. When I was on 25mg for the first 3 days, everything went well. When I increased to 50mg, as directed, I had every side effect for Serotonin Syndrome imaginable. Now I don know if I should discontinue or go back to the lower M.g.'s.

January 9, 2015 7:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: I have had depression since I can remember. Lost lots of relations because of it. Got on it eleven years ago and have more friends then ever.

January 5, 2015 10:27 PM

Review by 140756:

For Depression: Zoloft has been a life saver for me. I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through the past year without it. I had anxiety and depression, but after I started taking Zoloft, I was finally starting to feel myself again and my headaches have gone away. If you have moderate to severe anxiety and depression, I would highly recommend this. It truly saved me.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2014 3:19 AM

Review by Maddoxy:

For Panic Disorder: Been on it for 3 months. At first it was worse. The panick attacks and anxiety. Then it was like my brain flipped the switch. I feel so much better. Im 30 and started getting anxiety at 22. I never wanted meds. Fought hard and tried everything natural. Finally I gave in. I'm so happy now. I am not afraid of my own shadow anymore. I think I may have put on 3lbs from it, but as long as it stops there. Or it could be all the cookies. Give it a try. I'm not cured, but I NEVER want to go off Zoloft.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 23, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by Foxyslm (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I developed anxiety over a couple months and would eventually not leave my house or my bedroom. I was not sleeping and could not eat either. OB did blood tests and told me I was premenopausal and prescribed Zoloft. It has been a miracle for me. I have experienced no side effects whatsoever and have been taking it for a year. Did not want to have to rely on meds but I don't know how I would be without it.

December 17, 2014 6:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I'm 18 years old and was diagnosed with severe PMS/PMDD about two and a half weeks ago. It was a relief to finally have a diagnosis because I had developed progressively worse physical and physiological symptoms in the two weeks before my period. It had started to interfere with my schooling since I'd miss two days per cycle at least (which is a lot for a high school senior with AP classes). I was prescribed Beyaz a month ago and quit after 3 days because I was an emotional wreck. Another week or so went by and my symptoms got worse again. My doctor finally prescribed me with a low dose (25mg) and upped it a few days later to 50mg. It took a few days to take effect (it was a hard time) but now I'm better than I've been in months.

December 13, 2014 9:25 AM

Review by waterfirewind12 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Asking my doctor about Zoloft was one of the best decisions for me. I have suffered from anxiety as long as I can remember. I feel like a new person now. I didn't even fully realize how bad it was until taking Zoloft. I didn't want to take meds, I thought my anxiety was just part of who I was and something I would have to deal with forever. Zoloft has changed my life.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 9:29 PM

Review by BellaNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: My 18 year old son was diagnosed with panic disorder after an episode occurred on his second day of college. The attacks began to come regularly after that, not only in class, but even at home. He would panic when he was outside, and wanted to just stay in his room. It got very bad, so bad we had to withdraw him from his classes so he could get some treatment. We initially started him on a low dose of Klonopin to help ease some of the symptoms, which helped for a couple weeks, but he needed to begin increasing and also had some bad breakthrough panic attacks. We switched him to Zoloft 25mg for 1 week, and then 50mg second week. It is truly the best medication ever! He is back to being and feeling like himself and is able to do everything!

December 8, 2014 3:40 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I took Zoloft for a couple of years...it worked great for depression but it absolutely killed my sex drive.

December 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by Serenamine (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I took Sertraline for Moderate Depression which it was exceptionally good at diminishing. I have been taking it for just under 6 weeks for moderate depression, social anxiety and generalised anxiety. It worked for depression the best, by far; however, not half as good for the anxiety, perhaps because it requires a higher dose and longer intake. Definitely consider Sertraline for depression, its side effects were minimal (if any because it was so unnoticeable).

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 6:25 PM

Review by Felinelover13 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been on sertraline for 4 weeks and a day, my dr started me on 50mg, then after 3 weeks and 3 days she upped my dosage to 100mg, I have felt the side effects so I know this medication is doing something, however, I don't feel any better for taking it, I thought by now it would kick in..

December 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by LMGale (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I'm very surprised at what this medication has done for me. I have been prescribed an SSRI multiple times but never took one because I was convinced my feelings of guilt and anxiety were appropriate reactions to my failures in life. I have lived a bohemian life chasing contentment and self respect. In a new relationship and questioned by my partner about my inconsolable sense of unhappiness, I realized I needed to try something other than running away so in a last ditch move, signed up for a depression study that has given me 6 mos of Zoloft medication. I have clarity now I haven't experienced in a decade, it is wonderful and sobering because I realize now how serious chemical depression is. Don't self medicate, it's OK to get help!

December 5, 2014 12:36 PM

Review by qwerty123456:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I was born 1982 and throughout my adult life I have had problems with anxiety. I only really knew the true extent of how bad I was until I started taking 50mg of sertraline a couple of weeks ago. I went through my life self medicating whether it was alcohol or going for 8 mile runs just so I could relax. I realize now I heard the word "paranoid" pretty often which I now realize is very close to being anxious for obvious reasons. What strikes me about some of these reviews is many say its taken weeks to kick in. I suppose everyone is different but I felt my life change after 1 hour after taking a tablet. I now have an aura of calmness in my life. I feel like I'm at peace and living within the moment for the first time in years.

December 5, 2014 5:51 AM

Review by JerseyLeighx (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I always read these but never put on my own thoughts. I'm a 27 year old female with 2 young beautiful girls, and a very loving husband. It all sounds so perfect but my mood is far from that. I've been suffering silently with depression for years but only spoke to my doctor 6 months ago. 50mg made me worse, my mood was lower than before, shakes, heart palpitations etc but after a week, all side effects stopped but my mood was still lower than ever. Upped too 100mg, felt slightly better. Upped again to 150mg still felt better but then all of a sudden my depression got so much worse than it has ever been. Now on 200mg, still feel so low & down & zombified. Can't make decisions, just numb.

November 30, 2014 4:45 AM

Review by Anonymous..:

For Panic Disorder: I'm a very young adult and was in therapy for years from Post traumatic stress disorder from childhood that caused other problems I have now which include anxiety, panic, depression, attachment disorders and fear of abandonment, and most importantly borderline personality disorder. My psychologist and I experimented with a few different antidepressants such as Celexa and Abilify, but Zoloft was my favorite. It was good for me because I no longer had any anxiety attacks causing me to faint over things I couldn't control. When something did happen that would normally make me anxious or panicky, it was a significantly reduced reaction. That was also the bad thing, I almost got in an accident because I was numbed to any emotion, including awareness. I became lazy.

November 30, 2014 1:41 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I've been on 50mg of Zoloft for three weeks now... it seems to be working pretty well. My obsessive thoughts started to have trouble materializing in my mind then before I knew it.. I started to feel like myself again and the thoughts and anxiety seem to have diminished.

November 29, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by Anon321:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Did NOT want to take meds, but I am so glad I finally hit rock bottom and decided Zoloft was an option worth considering. Seriously, it has completely changed my life. As long as you have a reputable therapist/doctor giving you the meds, there should be no major issues. Had some problems with sleep at first, but I started taking melatonin at night and now it's all good.

November 26, 2014 3:23 AM

Review by traciii (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: After trying just therapy for panic disorder, major depressive, and general anxiety I finally gave in and starting taking Zoloft. THANK GOD! I haven't had a single panic attack in 5 years when at one point I was having them up to ten times a day! I have had zero side effects. I also took it through pregnancy. I'm 28 and I'm fine with taking Zoloft forever, living without anxiety is just amazing!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2014 11:16 AM

Review by Koalamaiden - NSW (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Zoloft is a very good medication for anxiety and depression. For me better with anxiety. I am BiPolar I, am also on Zyban 150 a day. Taking these two medications together is fine as is also taking when you are BiPolar. Only with a specialists direction, though. I have been on Zoloft a couple of times the only side effect before was severe diarrhea. This time when I started taking it I got butterflies in the stomach and flutters, but over time this unusual for me side effect left me. Some say how many weeks to feel a impact. For me this last time was around 6 weeks. Which is normal. It's been proven that any time prior 4 weeks is most likely placebo effect. But if you feel better well, whether a placebo effect or not, it's good.

November 25, 2014 7:41 AM

Review by Ashley2432:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I am a little over 2 weeks in. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder 2 months ago. I tried everything to avoid taking medicines. Did therapy, yoga, changed my diet, etc. I started to feel better but it was still a constant effort to lift my moods and stop my obsessive thinking. I was beyond nervous taking medicines but finally decided to after my sister convinced me (she's been on sertraline) for 2 years. I am loving it now and so happy I am giving it a shot. The adjustment was tough for me but so happy I preservered. I realized you don't get extra points in this world for suffering.

November 24, 2014 8:17 PM

Review by blahk (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I've always had generalized anxiety & social anxiety ever since I can remember, but I would still push myself to go places like mall, Walmart, or just walk out my front door, not knowing what was wrong with me. So around 17 I dropped out of school, & started working as a cashier, did good & managed to control my anxiety, until I'm 18 now, and here come the panic attacks & agoraphobia kicking in. I hated leaving the house & just being around people period. So I quit my job; I went to the doctor he put me on Paxil 10mg, then Paxil 20mg didnt do anything, then Zoloft 50mg then 100mg a month later. Overall my mood is much better/calmer. I'm still a shaky mess in public & even around people.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate