User Reviews for Zoloft

Depression 284 reviews 75 medications

7.4
Summary of Zoloft reviews 614 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

For Depression "Been taking 25mg zoloft for 2 weeks. Due to non stop over thinking, paranoia and constant checking up on suspected cheating partner. This drug has enabled me to think clearly again and be able to end an unhappy relationship that I could not end before. I don't react or panic at the thought of being on my own anymore. Its great to feel balanced and even keeled with my thoughts. No real side effects, although I am more motivated at home and don't seem to have a huge appetite so lost some weight. I like this drug, its given me some sanity again however I am worried about the symptoms returning if I stop taking it."

jillyangus May 23, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've recently started taking Zoloft 25mg for my anxiety and panic attacks. I've suffered from anxiety since 10 grade in high school and I am now 21. I've tried many other anxiety meds and they made it worse. I found Ativan helped me the most however my doctor doesn't want me to have it because it is addictive and she wants me on something every day. So, I've been on Zoloft for 4 days now. I know it takes 2-4 weeks or more for me to be able to feel the full effects. I am experiencing nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, hot flashes, and being kind of out of it. I know these side effects will eventually go away but my worry is how long? I already suffer from other stomach/digestion issues and it makes it hard."

Wildflower1993 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

For Depression "Absolutely changed my life. I am a 20 year old female who has struggled with depression and irritability since roughly 13. I tried meditation, I tried the "power of positive thinking", I tried listening to podcasts, I tried counseling. Nothing helped me until zoloft. I've been taking zoloft for 5 weeks. I had minor side affects for the first couple days (looser stool, headaches, stomach aches) but nothing I couldn't handle and they went away after 2-3 days as I got used to the medication. I'm currently taking 50 mg and don't plan on increasing. I feel overall happier. I'm not as irritable and things that I used to hate (going to work) are no longer even bad. I feel more myself, and like I'm not afraid to be outgoing. Highly recommended"

B.A May 22, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "So glad I decided to try Zoloft after suffering with depression and anxiety after my husbands passing. I am calmer and feel somewhat happy. I'm on 50mg There's no need to suffer everyday. Life doesn't have to be so painful Do yourself a favor and try it. It might just take some of that pain away. It's definitely worth a try"

Mbfl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2015

For Depression "This has been a life changer for me. I guess I never realized how depressed I actually was until I started on Zoloft. I'd been fighting it for years, forcing myself to get up and get by each day, but getting worse and worse (avoiding people, having problems talking, having horrible insomnia). Within a week of being on Zoloft I noticed a major difference. I actually feel optimistic about life for the first time in as long as I can remember. My relationships with my wife, family, friends, and coworkers have all improved dramatically. In short, I'm no longer depressed. I had some side effects over the first few days (restless legs, night sweats, a zonked out 'zombie' feeling) but they passed quickly."

HardLifeGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

For Depression "I just got back on it but use to take it for years and I was happiest when on Zoloft."

Tonton1965 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg about a year ago after giving birth to my daughter very prematurely. I did notice that during the most difficult times, I was actually very calm and could make rational decisions. Why did I stop taking it? I have no idea. Recently, I've had horrible panic attacks that have landed me in the hospital, made me call out of work, and pretty much incapacitated me. I didn't want to go back on medication, but prayer, exercise, and talking just wasn't getting it. I finally went to my doctor and he put me back on Zoloft 50mg. Right now I'm just taking 50mg once a day, but next week I start taking them twice a day. I'm also on 0.5 mg Klonopin. Already, I have began to feel a little better. Hoping it continues."

JustWannaFeelBetter254 May 17, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been treated for major depression all of my adult life. Over the years I have taken many different drugs for depression. Zoloft works best of all I have tried so far. It took about 2 weeks to really start feeling the difference so be patient."

painfulkaty (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I haven't been taking Zoloft for even a week yet but the experiences I've read on here give me hope. At 31 years old, I've never really had a problem with depression or anxiety bit one day it all hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like my life was falling apart, even worse, like my relationship was falling apart. I still get horrible feelings of anxiety (most of the day, honestly) but I'm really hoping Zoloft will work for me. The only reason for the 8 rating (for now) is because of the initial side effects."

justmytwocents May 14, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been prescribed Zoloft (50mg daily) but have not started taking it yet. I am 62 years old and have been on various medications for depression and anxiety over the years starting with Prozac which I took on and off during my 40's. I have read many of the comments here and they are helpful but I would like to know how these meds affect older people like me. When I was in my 50's I tried Prozac again and it did not affect me the same.. could not take it. I am afraid to take anything. It seems that they all make me sleepy and tired. So, if anyone reads this that is in their late 50's and over, I would like to know how the Zoloft works for you. Thank you."

marthamydear (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Started on Zoloft 25mg and wasn't effective. Began seeing a psychiatrist who upped it to 150mg in pretty short time. For two years have been at around 100mg. I needed it to get calmed down from all the trauma and panic disorder gone out of control. Zoloft worked great. I got calm learned how to respond and not react, etc. There is a down side. Please , please, please don't stay on this drug for too long or go up high on the mg like I did. Weaning off kicks your butt. It is pretty serious withdrawal. Keep that in mind. Look it up. See what people endure getting off Zoloft. It's awful. Getting off your brain goes into chaos. Brain jabs and dizziness are common which is no fun when you already have a panic disorder. Research!!!!"

Boxsford (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 9, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started off with seralitine (generic for zoloft),100mg it lifted my mood, I was happier, less angry, calm, and it helped with my moods before my cycle came along. After a while it started to wear off so I started taking 150mg, finally I increased it to 200mg with my docs permission. I loved this dose because it seemed to suit me better, but after a while I noticed my hair shedding really bad. So I switched back to 150mg and it stopped. Everyone is different with side effects but I recommend this drug. It has changed my life for the better, it helps my anxiety,and it helps me not to worry as much. I'm glad I tried it. It does mess with sex drive but some maybe able to work around that."

Beautiful One May 8, 2015

For Depression "Hi I thought I would share my experience to help others make a good decision. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with a Panic Disorder, GAD, and Depression. My initial struggles ended up with me on Celexa. This drug did work but took a long time for to take effect. (4 months). Last September it finally just stopped working. I went through a major period of depression and withdrawls until I finally found Zoloft. I had immediate effects! It turned my life around I now have zero side effects. I do have some lingering anxiety but nothing I cant handle. Occasionally I take a clonazepam to settle my kettle."

EasyDoesItNS May 7, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Zoloft is wonderful, this antidepressant has made me feel so lucid for the past 9 months. It's helped me fight social anxiety, and anxious depressions after I had a neurotic breakdown, and had to be admitted to a hospital. This medicine has made things so clear for me, I absolutely love my life now! Recently I had not been taking it for about 6 days, DO NOT DO. It completely drained me.. but I continued taking it and the side affects dispersed completely after 3 days of taking 150 mg again. Zoloft has completely leveled out my S.a.d., g.a.d, and major depression. No, it did not work immediately, but it totally works in the long run and waiting for it to take affect. Zoloft you've truly helped me become lucid in my consciousness :)."

Nick <3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Been taking 40mg of citalopram for 10 years, I felt I was not getting the benefit of them anymore, so Doc has switched me to 50mg zoloft. Been on them for 1 week, anxiety is through the roof, crying for no reason, I am gonna stick with it and hope it kicks in soon"

Gina74 May 4, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I used to take Zoloft for many years (approx 8 to be exact) as i has servere panic disorder after completing year 12. I recently weaned my self off the drug and stoped taking it for the past 6 months. I felt myself relapsing and so have gone back on the drug as of last week, im on 25 mg. I currently feel awful, im very dizzy and some days feel like in going to faint if im sitting down for too long which means i cant concentrate at work, i never had these feelings before when i was on the drug why am i feeling this now have they changed the formula of Zoloft? anyway ill give it the recommended 2 weeks to settle again in my body but if it still makes me feel like this i'm going to stop it, i feel awful and very anxious all the time"

Theo12071 April 29, 2015

For Depression "I started Zoloft about 2 months ago. I was taking 25 mg to start, as I am very tiny. After about a month, I increased to 50 mg, and the results were felt within days. I'm not hitting my dangerous lows nearly as frequently, and when I do get upset, it feels tolerable. Yes, I still cry; no, I'm not happy all the time, but that's normal! For the first time in over 3 years, I understand what it feels like to be normal. PS-for those of you out there desperately looking for help, but not wanting to disappoint your loved ones who are opposed to taking psychiatric medication, do it for yourself. Here's what might happen: they don't work so you stop taking them, or they work and you never look back. Life is far too short to feel awful throughout it."

Cat - 20 yrs old April 25, 2015

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I am a 45 year old female and have had mild to moderate anxiety for most of my adult life. I lived with it for years and tried different medications on and off when my level of anxiety increased. I also tried yoga, meditation, exercise and counselling. A year ago, a new doctor prescribed 100mg Zoloft 1x/day. It took about a month for me to feel a difference, but Zoloft has given me the most "normal" feeling of any drug I ever tried. I do not have sexual side effects, as I did with other antidepressants nor do I feel numb or sleepy throughout the day. I have gained some weight (15 pounds) over the past year, but I can't really attribute it just to Zoloft."

Liz555 April 23, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Ok, Here I go. Thank God for Zoloft. I'm 39 and started suffering panic attacks that would last 2-3 months. I was put on a line of meds which didn't help until I was prescribed Zoloft. I started at .25mg for a week and after day 2 my anxiety started to lift and my panic was going away. Its now been 1 year and I have not experienced anymore Panic episodes or anxiety. I can't tell you enough how much it helped me. I thought I was doomed as nothing worked and I couldn't go on feeling they way I was. I didn't want to be left alone as I felt so scared about everything. My mind was a spinning wheel of negative thoughts and I kept spiralling deeper and deeper until I was given zoloft."

Dantheman2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2015

For Depression "Pros: this drug gave me an energy boost that felt like it lifted my depression and increased my metabolism. My sleep schedule was normal, people said I was friendlier, and I had consistent appetite for healthy food. Cons: this drug took away my ability to have intimacy and perform any kind of exercise other than simple running on a treadmill. I could not play sports with any of my friends, because I would get lightheaded and faint, especially in the heat. I could not have a complete orgasm, and so that pretty much ruined sex for me. In summary, it treated several of my depression symptoms, but the things I had to give up due to side effects were not worth it. By the way, these side effects are a very common occurrence, not a surprise."

Steve Stevenson (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "When I find I'm very angry it gives me time to pause and the ability to shake the bad mood I'd normally have afterwards. I rarely experience unjustified sadness, yet when something sad happens I still feel sad. I think it just gives me some breathing room to sort things out."

Tiffany B. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I've suffered from OCD for about three years. It was pretty bad but still manageable, but then two months ago it became unbearably horrible, my life was a nightmare. I would spend almost every waking hour ruminating about my obsessions while feeling intense anxiety. Then I began taking zoloft. I was started on 25 mg and I noticed some improvement within 5 days, and there was massive improvement within 9 days. I've been on it for a month now, and I'm at 100 mg. The OCD is definitely still here, but it takes up much less time and I am able to ruminate without feeling intense anxiety. I didn't have any major side effects. At the beginning I was yawning a lot and I felt more irritable. There's also lack of appetite, and I've lost 4 pounds."

FlBa April 18, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Since I'm on Zoloft I am calm and lovely person every day of every month. Before I was put on Zoloft every two weeks It was living hell for me and others around me with my mood changes. I was fighting with everybody, crying. I was depressed and miserable."

melitta (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Since I'm on Zoloft I didn't have any panic attack and I was in more than one trigger situation but I reacted like normal people do. I'm so happy that Zoloft exist.I can truly say that Zoloft saved my life and improved it."

gugugaga (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Awful side effects! Caused me to feel very uncomfortable in my own skin, confusion and dizziness, severe anxiety, jaw clenching so tight it hurt, muscle pain and stiffness, sent me into a panic attack, which was what I wanted to prevent in the first place!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015