User Reviews for Zoloft

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Zoloft reviews 466 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by Blue rose (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: On 50mg for 4 weeks then increased to 100mg for depression, panic attacks and obsessional thinking. I had few side effects, a slight hand tremor, yawning and difficulty sleeping. The only thing that lingered was the insomnia, but now that has settled down and I sleep okay. I feel so much better, panic attacks gone, obsessive compulsive disorder gone and my mood is lifting daily. I am enjoying life again and this medicine has been so right for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 18, 2014 2:05 PM
Review by Milan**: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: After years of trying different medications sertraline has finally been the most useful and compatible one for me. If only I had found this years ago as it has lifted my depression, improved my social skills and eased my obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms (would trigger after anxiety).

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 18, 2014 6:31 AM
Review by perezmama (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I am 24 years old and have a 14 week old son. I have fought with depression most of my life due to childhood and what not. After having my son everything came crashing down. I was on the brink of a divorce and suicidal. So I ask my Dr, he put me on 50mg of Zoloft and I'm now on day 4. Side effects for me are headache, tired, dizzy nausea. But I'm sticking to it hoping those will go away. My mood is so much better.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 9, 2014 3:11 PM
Review by Boy Wonder: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I took for 8 weeks, 53 year old male. I moved to a new town for job. It is pretty depressing when you don't know anyone. Zoloft 50 mg. First night NO sleep. Started taking at night with Ambien. I sleep for about 5 hours then I'm up at 3 am. Major side effects: inability to orgasm, clenched teeth, restless legs, trembling, loss of appetite, diarhea and sweating. First week was nausea, trembling but emotions were better. After 8 weeks, I think the side effects aren't worth the benefit. Quit cold turkey 4 days now. No major problems. Teeth clench still but, not as bad.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 7, 2014 3:40 PM
Review by annie larae curtis (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I had my first panic attack in June 2013. Thought I was going to die. Had them everyday after that. I couldn't go no where or do anything because I was so dizzy and scared. I went from June to Sept with no medicines. I was suicidal so I tried meds, First two days I was a zombie, no appetite. I felt weird but not like panic attack weird. I could tell a difference. I have been on my Zoloft 25ml since Sept 2013 and I am 97% better. I have my days where I feel weird but if you have severe panic attacks like I did you will know that even feeling 5% better would be nice so 97% is amazing! This medicine saved my life.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2014 5:10 AM
Review by Lorae: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: I have problem with anxiety and depression. I've been using Zoloft for about one year and it is so much better. No depression, no bad mood, anxiety is not so high, perfect. I tried few times to stop, but I always fall in depression after that.

March 27, 2014 3:53 PM
Review by WanderingMind7: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Zoloft. You made me REALIZE, I've been locked out of HEAVEN for too long (I've been dancing and cleaning on this Bruno Mars song all morning). That's how I feel on my medication! I'm on day 4 of 50 mg and I'm supposed to increase it to 100mg after 10 days. I have been having side effects since the first day such as shaking, abdominal pain, insomnia but nothing too major compared too what the "Beast" (yes! I call my anxiety the beast hehe) had me endure before. So I really don't mind those side effects because I know what's ahead of me is going to be spectacular. I've never had so much faith in my life before, at least not that I remember.

March 20, 2014 11:56 AM
Review by Slogg: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: After a month of bouncing between morning and night dosing of 1 50mg pill, I settled on morning. It was making me super sleepy but that went away mostly. Didn't gain but maybe 5lbs if that (I'm a gym rat somewhat). Felt really stoned the first week or so and sleeping was strange, maybe a little erectile dysfunction at first, but all of that went away too. A month in and the side effects are minimal. The panic is under control, but the depression is completely gone. THANKS A MILLION ZOLOFT.

March 17, 2014 10:44 AM
Review by Slogg (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: It did a little something right from day 1, but really the first month was pretty strange. I went back and forth, finally settling on taking 1 50mg pill in the morning. At first that made me extra sleepy all day, but that effect went away. I was feeling a bit stoned for the first month or so, but that went away too. Now I have the ticklings of panic creep up in the normal situations, but if only for the placebo effect, I can tell myself it isn't real. It will go away. And then it always does! Thanks Zoloft!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 17, 2014 10:41 AM
Review by CMP72: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: My Dr. put me on 25mg to help me sleep and stop unwanted thoughts as a result of marital stress. I was experiencing a knot in my stomach and episodes of weeping. Since starting this medication, I feel so much happier, rested, relaxed. I had diarrhea for the first 2 days, but it was mild. I am not feeling out of control anymore. I think when my marriage issues are over, I will stop taking it. This medicine has really come through!

March 17, 2014 9:29 AM
Review by smileydie: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Ive been taking it for over 5 years and it works for the most part.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 16, 2014 5:15 PM
Review by Eswes18 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: I have suffered with generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder since I can remember. I got prescribed these at 50mg 3 weeks ago. The first few days I got a horrible cold nausea feeling in the pit of my stomach, I had no appetite and I noticed straightaway that it took me longer to orgasm. 3 months into them, I still feel anxious, but for the first time since I can remember I was able to present to a group without shaking, losing my voice and my heart beating rapidly. It almost feels like a small weight has been lifted which gives you that control back over my thoughts. I was able to say 'put your best into it. You will be fine' and I believed it. This is only a small step to overcoming my anxiety but this medication has helped me a lot.

March 6, 2014 9:39 AM
Review by anonymous from ca (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've dealt with many periods of depression in my life, but I hit an all-time low a year and a half ago culminating in a suicide attempt. This medication helped me get back on my feet. I started with a low dose (25mg/day-I'm small and female) and have slowly increased to the normal dosage my doctor prescribes for adults (50mg/day). I went off of it for two months after five months of taking it and fell back into depression. Went back on it and have been fine since. I don't think I will stop again for a while. Only problems are occasional insomnia and inability to orgasm anymore.

March 3, 2014 2:50 AM
Review by Out of control (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have been unemployed now for three years and things have gone from bad to worse. I found myself losing control of my temper and crying for no reason or if someone said something that negative. I couldn't sleep and when I did it was for two hours at a time. Sometimes I would stay up just crying. To add to my problems my back pain were getting worse. Doctor diagnose me with depression and gave me Zoloft. I started at 25mg for four days and then up to 50mg. It has been only a week, but I am not crying unexpectedly and feel calmer than I have in quite a while and have actually slept 5 hours straight. I had no side effects.

March 1, 2014 3:06 PM
Review by 413:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I have been diagnosed with severe PMDD since the birth of my last child 4 years ago. I had her late in life (at 40) so the symptoms were confusing, PMS/Peri-Menopausal..combo of both. Either way I was ready to check into a funny farm and was in constant jeopardy of losing my job due to not being able to work 2-3 days a month or if I did manage to drag myself in I was unbearable to be around. I tried Prozac and initially helped but after 2-3 months of that I became manic and was worse. My OB suggested Zoloft and I reluctantly tried it as the next option was for hysterectomy because I cannot be on birth control pills. Zoloft helps at least for some of the worse symptoms!

February 8, 2014 8:48 AM
Review by anonymous1997: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I'm 16, and over the course of a few months I started becoming more and more depressed and anxious, after trying a few other medications along with none at all (only therapy), I started taking Zoloft as it has helped others in my family. The first 10 days (started at 25mg) were horrible, suicidal thoughts, no appetite, headaches and terrible anxiety but once I hit 2 weeks I felt so much better. I'm now 6 weeks in and on 75mg, I feel amazing, still get headaches but I'm not sure if it's related, I feel almost 100% myself, I'll give it a few more weeks and see if I need to maybe get to 100mg but honestly this medication saved my life.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 2, 2014 10:46 PM
Review by mazz3685 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I've suffered from panic disorder for over 10 years now. After a bad panic attack put me in an ambulance, I finally decided to try Zoloft. I would recommend that anyone with panic disorder start off at 12.5mg for a couple of weeks before you decide to up the dose. Mainly because the side effects can be rough when you first start. Only increase when YOU feel you need to, and not based on what a doctor feels is an effective dose. You are probably going to feel crappy the first couple weeks, this is the case for most people, and does not mean the medicine isn't working. It does eventually get better.

February 1, 2014 3:10 AM
Review by angel239023 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: I was on Zoloft for about 7 years. Worked great at first, but eventually had to come off it due to horrible side effects. If I missed a dose, I would have debilitating brain zaps. Then, I started the brain zaps randomly through the day regardless of missing a dose or not. This medicine killed my libido.

January 27, 2014 9:10 PM
Review by Gypsy heart: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I saw my doctor after the anxiety I'd been having the last year hit an all time high in the last six months. I would wake up wondering "Why? What am I even here for? what am I working for?" I suffered severe muscle tension in my shoulders and lower back, extreme irritability/mood swings & panic attacks..my heart would be POUNDING as if I'd run a 5k when really I was just lying in bed. It is day two of taking Zoloft...I'm singing (still terribly) to songs again. I feel I have gained the sense of "normal" that my life has always lacked. I am more clear-headed and find rational thinking easier. My depression and anxiety was destroying my relationships. I'm beginning to see this "light at the end of the tunnel" people speak of. 50mg a day.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 25, 2014 2:22 AM
Review by resji (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Diarrhea, uncontrollable muscle spasms, severe panic attacks, severe anxiety, severe restlessness, sweating, and bruising is all this medication did to me.

January 19, 2014 5:21 PM
Review by Anxiety, Depression (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I started taking Zoloft about a month ago, in the first week i had some diarrhea and experienced some insomnia, but it soon disappeared. Within three weeks my depression and anxiety subsided. This medication changed my life.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 18, 2014 1:39 AM
Review by anicko (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I promised to come back and do a review of the medicine if it had worked for me. About a year ago I had constant panic attacks which eventually became fear to drive, fear to be at a restaurant, waking up and feeling that it would be my last day on this world. Doctor said I have anxiety disorder. After trying another medicine with no results started me on 0.5mg Sertraline. After a year I can honestly say that I am 98% "panic free". Huge relief within the first couple weeks but give it some time to experience the full medicine effect (couple months). Noticeable side effects: Sometimes I need to focus on remembering simple things, weight LOSS (at the beginning) now I'm normal again.

January 13, 2014 11:52 PM
Review by Buckythecat (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have to say that Zoloft saved my life. I have been on it for over 10 years but about a year and half ago I switched to another pill just to try it. WHY I don't know, should have never left Zoloft. I then started to take a muscle relaxer for a sore shoulder, BE VERY CAREFUL in taking other medications with any antidepressants. The dread, the worthlessness the crying all came back. Back on Zoloft for about a week and I can function once again. THANK YOU ZOLOFT.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 3, 2014 1:59 PM
Review by Muchbetternow (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have now been on Zoloft for a solid 12 months (50mg). It has changed my life. I was prescribed it for depression, anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - it has almost completely resolved issues I have had for most of my life. I hesitated in taking it due to side-effects mostly because I have always been obsessed with my weight. I'm happy to report that if anything, I have dropped weight in the last year. I no longer am tempted to binge eat and just lead a healthy and active lifestyle because I am happier. I really wanted someone to read this who was in my position - who was too scared to try it because of side-effects. My only side effects are dry eyes, I need to sleep 8 hours a night (instead of 5-6) and that's the worst of it!

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 29, 2013 4:06 AM
Review by mazz3685: User Rating:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I think Zoloft can work well for panic disorders. I would've given it an 8-9, but the start up side effects were pretty rough for about 2 weeks, and a lot of other things seem to interact with it...at least in my case. I can't drink, at all. If I do, I experience side effects again for 2-3 days, including increased anxiety. Also, I've noticed that if I take ibuprofen or Tylenol, I also experience side effects again. I thought perhaps I was being paranoid, but there's actually studies that confirm they decrease effectiveness of SSRI's. When I don't drink or take pain meds, it works wonderfully, but its a bit of a pain. It also seems to help if you suffer from migraines.

December 28, 2013 7:27 PM