User Reviews for Zoloft

7.2
Summary of Zoloft reviews 512 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Feel so good when it finally start working at day #15. Feel calm in public for the first time in my life. Only cons is not able to orgasm and increased sweating.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by Nurse Nan (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I am 39 years old, was a new nurse and struggling with major depression. I had not been to a Dr in years and broke down crying at the first visit. Started 50 mg a day. Felt a little funny first couple days but now feel much better! Everyone noticed a change for the better and even got a promotion at work! Feel so much better and have not had any side effects!

November 16, 2014 12:06 PM

Review by pepper6 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I'm on 200 mg of Zoloft and it has changed my life!

November 3, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by jackman7800:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: My obsessive compulsive disorder is lifted and is relieved almost immediately best pill ever!

October 27, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by Sig (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Generic Sertraline gave me some relief but it made me jittery and gave me headaches. After reading testimonials I insisted on the name brand Zoloft. so glad I did. It's like a completely different medicine. More relaxed and not full of negative thinking. I still get overly anxious if something stressful happens but it doesn't last long. Side effects are more tolerable, though it does make me tired.

October 27, 2014 2:11 AM

Review by hii (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Not helping for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. On max dose now, and still nothing. I get this feeling of the skin on my head contracting...I don't know if that's normal.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 1:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I've been on sertraline for almost a year now. On the 25mg I didn't notice any kind of difference. I was suffering from major depression, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts. My dr bumped me up to a 50mg dose & have stayed here for about 8 months now. My girlfriend calls it my "happy pills" because when I forget to take a dose or two, everyone can tell.

October 23, 2014 4:58 PM

Review by Skyfall007:

For Depression: Zoloft has helped me a lot. I suffered from mild depression and mild anxiety for years. I'm a 38 yr old male. I requested Zoloft from the Dr. And I'm on the 50mg dose. It started working right away. I felt effects the first night. I was sick the next day but that was the only time. I had some euphoria during the first couple of weeks. Next to impossible to orgasim. I have zero anxiety it's amazing. Not as depressed but didn't fully take it away but really helped. It was the right choice for me. Highly recommended. I would make the same choice.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 2:44 PM

Review by scotty888 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I've been reading a lot of reviews on this site, let me tell those that are new to this or thinking of going on sertraline. I have horrible side effects with medication and got serotonin syndrome on citalopram. I was scared to death of going on sertraline. I'm on day 17 on 50mg and I honestly say I've not had one single side effect at all. Its starting to hit me and I feel amazing. 100 times better than having anxiety. Wow

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 8:12 AM

Review by cam2549 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft for just over 2 years for Post traumatic stress disorder and depression. At my worst I was on 150mg and this held me quite well, I was determined not to be on the full 200mg. Initially the shakes and the tiredness bothered me, but not as much as how I felt when I missed a dose. On every increase I would have a day or two where my mind and mouth raced. This provided a few giggles. A huge improvement from crying and refusing to leave the house. Combining therapy and medication has helped me get my life back. I am now on the decrease as the masses of weight I have put on in a short period of time, my least favourite side effect, regardless of how much I exercise and how good my diet is. Just keeps adding on. Now 50mg daily and doing well.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2014 11:00 PM

Review by zeketyler (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I took this 2 years ago at 150mg... lost weight, great antidepressant I'm on 60mg's of Prozac. Works very well too but thinking of going back to Zoloft because of weight gain, but I give it 10. Great medicine.

October 12, 2014 8:24 PM

Review by ED1982:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Social anxiety since child (born in 1982) 2005-2008 - Sertraline 100-200 mg/day (rating 6,5/10) 2009 - Sertraline 100mg/day, Mirtazapine 45mg/day, Clonazepam 10mg/day (rating 6,5/10) 2010 - Clomipramine (rating 1/10) made me terribly anxious 2011 - Bupropion + Mirtazapine (rating 6/10) anxious and angry, but depression was gone 2012-2013 Parnate (IMAO) (rating 5/10) food restrictions, insonia, anxious all the time and tolerance to Diazepam 2014 - Escitalopram 40 mg + Mirtazapine 45 mg (rating 5,5/10) less anxious but terribly depressed I'll talk to my doc and go back to sertraline. Not exccelent, but I have to give another chance

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 5:23 PM

Review by Overcome1985:

For Panic Disorder: The only reason I'm giving this medication an 8 is because of the initial side effects and the time it took to find an adequate dose. I've been on Zoloft for around 6 months now. I had suffered with panic disorder for most of my adult life, I'm currently 29 years old. I tried a few different SSRIs, but never really gave them a chance. I relied on Ativan taken twice daily, totaling 2 mg. I started out taking 25 mg of Zoloft and worked up to 150 mg daily. At first, it was fairly difficult and I'm really surprised that I didn't just give up within a few days, let alone a few weeks. I read many reviews on here and wondered if that would ever be me. If I was asked 5 months ago, I never would have had anything good to say. But now ...it changed my life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2014 4:42 AM

Review by Chrisssyyy:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: No one likes to be on medications if possible but unfortunately most of the time, anxiety and depressions are tough. Negative thoughts, feeling uneasy almost all the time, social difficulties had affected me more than words can describe until I see the psychiatrist for help. Was prescribed Remeron along with Xanax at first but Remeron knock me off even at lowest dosage and constant migraines. Doc then switched me to Zoloft 25mg, its been a year now I'm feeling myself again, laughter is back, seeing things in brighter ways, willing to be back to work life. Anxiety and depression still lingers around sometimes but much bearable. Trying to slowly cut down Xanax and back to normal life. Side effects are sexual difficulties and stomach discomfort.

October 5, 2014 6:59 AM

Review by MDASS:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I started taking it after my husband passed away; he had a cardiac problem and I tried to unsuccessfully help him. I did call the emergency services, they tried but were unable to help him. After that I could not get thoughts about the incident out of my mind and I lost in excess of 50lbs the next month. I was given Zoloft by my doctor which did interrupt my 'panic', however I only took the medicine for less than one month as I couldn't think properly. I rely on my mind, my thoughts to process how I relate to the 'world' - I decided that being sad about the situation was appropriate and a normal response. In the eighteen years since then I have not needed medication for depression - other things yes, but not mood disorders. Thank you.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 2:47 AM

Review by Milkykiss (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: It's my third time returning back to Zoloft and I'm 21. First time I've used Zoloft I was only 15 and it was for Social Anxiety/Severe Depression and it helped me tremendously. Stopped it after one year and maybe... 6 months later my anxiety was back along with obsessive compulsive disorder. Anyway, I'm back on it and after 1 month I can say this IT'S PERFECT. I'm lucky to not have any side effects (except maybe a little bit of diziness but I don't care) and I feel so much better!!! I'm way LESS ANXIOUS, OCD is diminished by 3/4 (I still need to follow therapy for this problem), no more black thoughts, I'm also more focused at school and my thoughts are more coherent/clear. I don't think I'll ever stop this medication... For me, it's a life saver.

October 3, 2014 6:59 PM

Review by Sammosh:

For Panic Disorder: It's been really amazing. I'm on 50mg daily of Zoloft and I went from horrible frequent panic attacks to occasional, "normal" anxiety. I feel like my life is totally different to how it was a year ago (I wouldn't even leave the house for fear of panic attacks). I switched from Lexapro which was not nearly as effective.

October 1, 2014 2:03 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I have tried other anti anxiety medications but they gave me terrible side effects. Zoloft has almost completely taken away my anxiety and the only side effect I have is sleep loss that is corrected by a sleep aid. I am so much happier and my life has been so much better since being on this medication. I experienced this almost right away after starting the medication. I didn't realize how much my anxiety had really been affecting my life until I started using Zoloft.

September 26, 2014 1:23 AM

Review by Dylan001:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Zoloft was the first antidepressant I had been put on. It was mainly prescribed for my anxiety but also for my problems with depression and as soon as I started taking I started to feel better (possible placebo effect). I had to build up the dosage slowly because the side effects were moderately harsh on me. Although it did not make me tired like Luvox does to me, it gave me stomach aches and decreased appetite. And I had periods of dizziness as well. I was beginning to see improvement especially because I began it during the summer when most of my stress was coming from school. But after about 3 months when I went on vacation, my symptoms came back out of nowhere and I slowly went off of it. I am on Luvox now. I am 14 years old.

September 25, 2014 9:18 PM

Review by JoseeD (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: It saved my life. It was the perfect medicine for me, except for chronic constipation. Went to the hospital for the constipation (I did not know it was caused by Zoloft at the time), and they found I had appendicitis, which ruptured while I was waiting at the hospital, and also that I had kidney cancer, so got 2 surgeries, 1 for the ruptured appendicitis and 1 to take away my left kidney. Had it not been for the Zoloft, I would be dead. I of course had to change medicines and go the second choice prescribed by the psychiatrist. It works, but not as well as the Zoloft, unfortunately. Zoloft is excellent, and if it was not for chronic constipation, I'd be back on it. Good luck all.

September 19, 2014 10:39 AM

Review by JohnnyBoi453 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I'm 19 and Zoloft has been a LIFESAVER for me! I've had very bad generalized anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, and mild depression. I recently had been on Xanax then Klonopin as needed, but I felt as if those types of medications wouldn't help me in the long run. I've been on 25 mg of Zoloft for a month and a half, and I feel WONDERFUL! The horrible, disabling anxiety I once had is almost nonexistent, and my depression melted away! My mood is stabilized, I have a lot of energy, focusing on school work is a synch, and I interact with others with confidence. Yes, I feel like a totally renewed, cleansed person with a constant sense of motivation! Zoloft saved my life! Little to no side effects either. Very mild antidepressant.

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2014 7:50 PM

Review by SoAmazing! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I was chronically depressed and had many psychiatrists diagnose me with severe depression, which I had experienced unfaillingly for 5 years. I could identify no cause for my depression, which made it even harder for me since I didn't know what was causing me to become extremely suicidal. I had 4-hour lasting sobbing spells (even when I had otherwise great events happening at that time). I felt gloomy, lonesome, uncared for, and depressed. Now I feel content and at ease for the first time in 5 years. I no longer become sad unless I have a reason to- which for me is phenomenal. If good things happen, I feel happy and not sad. I can function better in my work, family life, and simple daily activities like driving or even grocery shopping.

September 9, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by Gazz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Been on this medicine for 2 months 50 mg, feel so much better and much more relaxed. So much better than Prozac which made me very full of anxiety.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 30, 2014 8:09 AM

Review by Lola Jane:

For Depression: Max dose needed for effect but working great . A bit of weight gain but tolerable . Helps me sleep better

August 26, 2014 10:57 PM

Review by ocdsufferer (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I had terrible obsessive compulsive disorder for about 6 years. I remember that I spent all my night on going and coming to toilet for peeing. After I went to the university I was shocked by the bad way of teaching and bad instructors and suddenly the OCD became worse and worse and the hell was eating in my brain. I spent all my wake up time thinking and thinking about silly things and I suffered from terrible pain in my neck, my brain, and my stomach. I went to 7 doctors and tried many medications before I found Zoloft. I tried Anafranil, Solotic, Faverin, Xanax, Atarax, Seroxat, fluoxetine and finally I went to a very good doctor who put me on Zoloft 200mg with risperidone 2mg. That works as a wizard for me after 6 years of the hell of OCD.

August 26, 2014 9:20 AM