Pill Identifier App

7.3
Summary of Zoloft reviews 576 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zoloft

Review by FlBa:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I've suffered from OCD for about three years. It was pretty bad but still manageable, but then two months ago it became unbearably horrible, my life was a nightmare. I would spend almost every waking hour ruminating about my obsessions while feeling intense anxiety. Then I began taking zoloft. I was started on 25 mg and I noticed some improvement within 5 days, and there was massive improvement within 9 days. I've been on it for a month now, and I'm at 100 mg. The OCD is definitely still here, but it takes up much less time and I am able to ruminate without feeling intense anxiety. I didn't have any major side effects. At the beginning I was yawning a lot and I felt more irritable. There's also lack of appetite, and I've lost 4 pounds.

April 18, 2015 2:23 AM

Review by melitta (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Since I'm on Zoloft I am calm and lovely person every day of every month. Before I was put on Zoloft every two weeks It was living hell for me and others around me with my mood changes. I was fighting with everybody, crying. I was depressed and miserable.

April 17, 2015 7:26 AM

Review by gugugaga (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Since I'm on Zoloft I didn't have any panic attack and I was in more than one trigger situation but I reacted like normal people do. I'm so happy that Zoloft exist.I can truly say that Zoloft saved my life and improved it.

April 17, 2015 7:16 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Awful side effects! Caused me to feel very uncomfortable in my own skin, confusion and dizziness, severe anxiety, jaw clenching so tight it hurt, muscle pain and stiffness, sent me into a panic attack, which was what I wanted to prevent in the first place!

April 16, 2015 3:33 AM

Review by Alabama Brown:

For Panic Disorder: I had been a marijuana smoker for many years but stopped and then found I was depressed, couldn't sleep or concentrate very well and would get panic attacks. My drug & alcohol physician put me onto Prozac but after just one tablet, I suffered anxiety and was very jittery and almost felt sea-sick and terrified. He then prescribed Zoloft for me. What a WONDERFUL drug! After one day, I felt focussed, clear headed and happy. I went on to attend Melbourne University as a mature aged student and studied philiosophy - it was amazing. I'd never felt so intelligent or capable in my life. I eventually came off Zoloft after a few years and have never looked back. It may not suit everyone but it certainly was just what I needed!

April 13, 2015 10:34 PM

Review by Dandalion (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I decided to try Zoloft after seeing the great reviews online for panic disorder and its overwhelming support for it. I have been on 75mg Zoloft for 5 weeks and cant say it has helped at all, in fact I'm having more panic attacks than usual on it. I also can't get to sleep and feel a depressing numbness throughout the day. I am prepared to accept that maybe I need a higher dose or need to wait longer but I highly doubt it, I feel certain in saying that this medication does not work at all for me. PEACE.

April 12, 2015 2:53 AM

Review by Gem1030:

For Panic Disorder: I have had anxiety, panic attacks & obsessive thoughts for years on and off. About 5 months ago I started to get horrible non-stop intrusive thoughts I knew the thoughts/fears/worries were nonsense but I couldn't turn them off. I was in a panic attack from the moment I woke up to the moment I fell asleep. I would wake up several times at night in full blown panic....it was horrible. I never ever wanted to take medicine I was so afraid of it not working or it making me worse. Zoloft has helped me so much at first I had a good day then a bad day and I wasn't sure if that was normal. after 2 months the doctor upped my dose then a month later I felt better then 100% still a little anxious during my period but very mild and manageable.

April 10, 2015 1:22 PM

Review by sazz22:

For Depression: Zoloft is a miracle. I was having panic attacks and anxiety and since taking them I feel so much better .I can sleep at night and wake up refreshed and feel I could climb a mountain. Truly a wonderful medicine.

April 3, 2015 9:25 AM

Review by Need sugessions (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I was on 100mg of Zoloft and started suffering from severe insomnia after being on it only 2months. Dr tappered me down to 50 mg and then done in a week, withdrawls were dinging head, zap and buzzing ears plus severe insomnia.

April 3, 2015 1:36 AM

Review by red4:

For Depression: I've taken Zoloft off and on within the last 3 years. I do much better with it. I went from being so low that I couldn't take care of myself because of anxiety and depression. With Zoloft and better life circumstances I am doing much better. I'm actually happy! Right now I'm on 25 milligrams. Sometimes I'm on 50. When I had postpartum blues, 100 milligrams was necessary to feel positive.

April 2, 2015 2:52 PM

Review by kitkat4224:

For Panic Disorder: I've tried several medications and so far this one has been the best anti-depressant that prevents panic attacks. I used to have at least three a day, now I only get them in extreme circumstances like when a family member passed away. It used to be dangerous for me to drive since events on the road would trigger a panic attack. Life is a lot easier on Zoloft.

April 1, 2015 9:46 PM

Review by mrsalhurt (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: It took a little while to get the dosage right because I took it slow but now I have improved so much! I did 50mg for a month, 100mg for a month and finally 150mg a month. I have my life back! My anxiety and panic is no longer crippling.

March 30, 2015 10:05 AM

Review by Clay D:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Changed my life. Night and day difference. Only side effect... Sleepiness

March 24, 2015 3:56 AM

Review by Amr0k:

For Depression: Went on Zoloft after Celexa stopped working and I quit cold turkey(don't do!!) Made me feel 10x worse within days. Not for me. Now on Pristiq which helps but has horrible withdrawals if you skip or are too late for a pill.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 11:46 AM

Review by Mohammad_au (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Zoloft has been a lifesaver. Something that helps keep my crippling MDD and SAD at bay and make it through life normally. Even happier as this was the 1st antidepressant I tried and it worked! Also no side effects at all. Thank you God.

March 21, 2015 1:16 AM

Review by Sare (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Headaches and a little nausea at the start, now 4 months in, I don't know how I coped before. The anxious "bad butterflies" that I thought were normal, have gone away. Obsessive over thinking and cringing after I got home because what I may have said, has gone away. Feeling almost hyper active and intense when in a group situation, almost gone. Road rage....work in progress! Hahaha. Sex drive has diminished but this might be a good thing as was obsessive about it before. Less pressure. Wish I had started a lot earlier. Thought my anxiety was part of my personality, but the reality is, without it, I'm back to me again.

March 20, 2015 5:20 AM

Review by Heimer:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I took sertraline twice. Before it helped a lot, been off it for a year or so and I need to get back on it but I'm scared to take the first pill.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2015 9:15 PM

Review by Januaru:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: No terrible side effects a side from severe headaches when I miss a dose. Completely regulated my anxiety and mood.

February 24, 2015 12:55 AM

Review by nadinatal:

For Panic Disorder: One week on Zoloft, no more bad dreams and nightmares.I can't remember last time I slept so well.I feel little better with my anxiety and this gives me hope.

February 23, 2015 7:11 PM

Review by Tttttttt:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it. I never used to talk to anyone and as soon as I started Zoloft I made so many new friends and I actually talk to people! Instead of sitting in my room being depressed and having anxiety attacks. It really works.

February 23, 2015 1:17 AM

Review by KellyBird57 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: It worked pretty well for a long time; I've been on it about 12 years and have had no real issue with it. The problem is that I've been on the max for a while and it's not helping me much anymore.

February 19, 2015 5:17 PM

Review by Alliey (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I was on Celexa for a year and it wasn't working for me. Then my doctor prescribed me Zoloft and it's my fourth day taking it and I love it. I finally have a clear head on my shoulders. And for the first time in a long time, I don't feel depressed at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from depression.

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2015 4:40 PM

Review by Codr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: This medicine completely changed my life. Before I got on it, I was in deep depression and had a horrible chemical imbalance in my brain. I have been on this medicine for 2 months. This is wonderful. Now I'm more happy, smiling, and the chemicals in my brain are balanced. I did gain 3 pounds since on this although it was supposed to decrease appetite.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 10:58 PM

Review by Renee8914:

For Panic Disorder: This has been a miracle for me. I do have to take the name brand though. The fillers they use in generics tear my stomach up.

February 2, 2015 11:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: Zoloft has helped me to be more social and therefore make more friends. It also makes me feel less awkward and just overall more happy.

February 1, 2015 10:44 PM