User Reviews for Prozac

7.6
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 494 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

For Anxiety and Stress "Been on this for a few weeks now and I feel no better than I did before I started taking this.. Gained weight and getting severe migraines.."

Suicidalangel May 20, 2016

For Depression "About 3-4 months of using this medicine I started to notice the way it effected my thinking. Things would come up in my life that would've normally triggered my depression. However when these things happened, I felt a fake sense of relief. I felt like I wanted to be upset about these things that were happening, but my brain wouldn't let me. It felt unfamiliar and unlike myself. It was as though I could feel a whole layer of feelings that I was unable to express. My doctor switched me over to Zoloft and I'm noticing better results."

Iamprozacnation May 18, 2016

For Depression "life saver at first made me feel tired but now i have energy and more out going"

kingac May 18, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "It didn't work, I was up to 40mg daily and felt literally nothing. Ever since I had my son I have had panic attacks and bad anxiety so I went to the doctor and was prescribed Prozac. I was so disappointed. I almost feel more depressed now."

MadisonR May 17, 2016

For Depression "I've been on 10mg fluoxetine for just over one week - I did take it for a few days a little while ago, it made my IBS worse, so I stopped. My doctor persuaded me to give it another go. I know it's early days, but so far it's all bad! Before I was tired, unmotivated, no concentration, barely able to wash or do the simplest things. Now - I'm like the walking dead! Even more tired, even less motivation, brain fog - you name it. And possibly more depressed! I also had terrible joint pains - I have arthritis anyway! The joint pains seem to be lessening, the others aren't- so far! I just hope it's a case of getting worse before it gets better, cos atm it's almost unbearable!"

OldCrone (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Depression "I was depressed since I could remember, always low energy and just wanting something to kill me didn't matter, but Prozac helps me a lot. I still have my bad days but they aren't as severe of frequent. Thanks Prozac!"

DragonsSong (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 12, 2016

For Depression "Given my experience on this medication, I should probably give it a "1", but I'm going to give it a 4 because of my initial response to it. I've had depression for 20 years, and the symptoms have never remitted, which eventually lead to my choice to seek hospitalization last year. However, a week after I went on this medication, my symptoms were completely gone. All of the cognitive, impulse control and executive functioning deficits related to my partially remitted depression disappeared. HOWEVER....the medication made me manic in about a month. I started experiencing paranoid delusions and had to admit myself to the hospital again. I'm heartbroken that it didn't work for me, but maybe it will work for others."

Lucy33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Depression "I started taking Prozac since I began my hospitalization at a mental facility in March. I am on Prozac for approximately 1 month now. The first week was still awful for me, but Prozac did make me feel better. The following two weeks I began to feel progressively "happier", and I started participating in activities more. Lots of people commented on how I became more bubbly after my hospitalization. However, I am beginning to feel down again recently. Hopefully my psychiatrist can figure something out."

Lolip585 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I went on Prozac several months ago after having been severely depressed for over a year straight (with a few days here and there of hypomania). It's made a huge difference! I'm only on 20 milligrams but I am a lot less depressed and more productive than I was. The only downside is that I am still having some bad mood swings, but overall it has helped my depression a lot."

InvisibleCreeper (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was put on prozac 5 years ago to help with severe premenapausal symtoms (ie: anxiety, night sweats, Hot flashes, depression, lack of concentration, ).I was amazed how good it felt and how much it helped with all these symptoms. The extra bonus was I was much happier, relaxed and more social than I had been ever before. The serotonin was a miracle drug. I take 20 mg 3 times a day and if I miss more than 4 days all my symtoms as well as depression kick in. I'm 51 and it's been a life savor for me."

Etphonehome777 May 4, 2016

For Depression "I have had depression and anxiety for several years, and have been on many anti-depressants and none have been as effective as Prozac has been for me. I was previously on Celexa and although it did help my depression it also made me gain a lot of weight. Since being ok Prozac though my appetite has went down tremendously and I feel amazing. I have never been this happy even before depression hit me."

Emmetilee May 1, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I was prescribed 10mg of this medication for the first month and felt okay, but I still had my bad days. On my 6th week, my doc upped my prescription to 20 mg, and in the week I was on that dosage, my anxiety was through the roof. I went back to my doctor with my symptoms and he put me back down to 10mg with the intent of weening me off of it. Plus, this makes you kind of emotionless, like a zombie. Even on my good days where I wasn't anxious, I just didn't have the motivation to do anything. I really don't recommend this to anyone. But if it helps you, that's good."

CJBrill (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was put on Fluoxetine 40mg daily due to a particularly bad bout of depression that left me unable to work or even get out of bed. That was over a year ago and it was a GODSEND. I started on 10mg and increased to 40 within a month, close to no side effects (some stomach pain), and the relief of my depression happened within the first week. After a month and a half on it I was feeling great and alive again! It was amazing! After 8 months on the medication, I decided to wean off. That went well, however anxiety started building up again. I believe my condition has now changed. I was put back on Fluoxetine 40mg but felt no relief of my anxiety whatsoever and had to add Ativan to my regimen. I am now exploring other options but it was great!"

Mynt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been off and on the prozac for over a year now. Keep reading stuff on the internet about its side effects, then flush them down the drain. But then I get back on the medicine. I can say that I feel its effects after just one dose, it feels like a pretty strong drug and I'm only on 10mg. Don't drink too much caffeine on prozac! I've had the worst anxiety attacks if I drink an energy drink after taking my dose of prozac. It does help me get stuff done and stay motivated and I guess it helps with general anxiety as well. It does kind of make me impulsive though but I'm learning to make better decisions while on the medicine. I think it helps over all and I will continue to stay on it for the foreseeable future."

greenberg333 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2016

For Depression "This medication has literally saved my life!! I was severely depressed and had horrible anxiety and almost committed suicide. The first week on this drug was awful and I was very sick....then a miracle happened. After only a couple of weeks I suddenly realised that I felt 'normal', my thoughts were clear and organised, I was able to laugh, focus, I didn't feel like crying anymore, my fun-loving personality was shining through once more and I became a better version of me. Everyone has noticed and commented, I am now a great person to be around. I am able to work and eat and sleep and function like a normal young woman and it's all thanks to this amazing drug. It really has given me my life back."

Leesa87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

For Depression "I've been on Prozac 20mg for two and a half weeks. I'm still hiding under the duvet. I also take Alprazolam for anxiety. Can anyone tell me how much longer I've got to wait to feel well again."

bedridden (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Depression "I have been on fluoxetine for less than a month and it's going ok. During the first 2 weeks, I felt surprising amazing. I had a new love of life. The week after, I felt suicidal, I felt worse and I just wanted to stay in bed and never leave. I feel constantly nauseous which isn't good. This week, I have felt a little calmer. I feel 'normal'. I hope I stay like this and just level out..."

SamSx April 16, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Following the death of my 3 year old daughter I started taking this also Valdoxan at night and anti calm during the day I also suffer from anxiety , Prozac has helped me get up in the day time and go out and changed my attitude also obviously it's false happiness but it helps me forget my pain and have a giggle during the day it eases my pain"

calla92 April 16, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication is a life saver. I think Prozac has saved my life and made my thinking more clear. I had been struggling with mental illness for years before I tried prozac. I had been diagnosed with adhd and bipolar disorder (even though I never had a manic episode). I had tried other medications. After a suicide attempt, I tried zoloft, however, there was no effect. After this ssri, I tried other medications and everything made me unbelievably worse. After trying medications like lithium, lamictal, depakote, and abilify; I finally was put on 10 mg prozac and then 20 mg. This was it. I felt an instant recovery after 3 weeks, where my mind finally woke up. I felt a part of my brain, which was not working, was now working. It was lifesaving."

Al Pac (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 10, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "Started more as supplement to wellbutrin. But I got more from this so I quit wellbutrin and take this at 20mg. feel great. Calm and clear. Focused and motivated. Side effects were mild...vivid dreams and absolutely zero appetite. Eat lunch and thats it. Not hungry the rest of the day. Great for motivation and clarity."

Bobalaneo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2016

For Bulimia "I been taking Prozac for 3 monthes I don't binge or purge anymore I only throw up when I'm sick . I was thinking about suicide but now I'm 3 month purge free. I'm confident that if I stay on it I can live the rest of my life bulimia free. Bulimia is a ghost of my past now . Peace Michael "

Geojhkj April 6, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed this drug for panic disorder and was on it for 2 weeks. I have never felt wise in my entire life. I did bit eat or drink unless forced, spiraled into depression, and just was not the excited loving person I normally am. I world go home and state at the wall for 5 hours then crawl into bed and sleep. I had nightmares each night. I felt dead and like I was floating above my body. My friends and teachers became more worried than before. I had to get off that pill"

kklr (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have been on 20mg daily Fluoxetine for past 3 years for PMDD. This definitely helps me feel more normal at that time of the month. No more crying, mood swings and feeling out of control for 7 days every month. It has taken me 20+ years to get diagnosed with PMDD after seeing lots of dr's who didn't really understand. In the end i kept a diary. For 2 weeks of each month i would be fine followed by around 10 days of feeling low, irritable, moody, anxious etc. I did increase the dose to 40mg daily at one point but kept getting bruises on my thighs and itchy legs (side effect) so reduced it back to 20mg. I would definitely recommend this to anyone else suffering from PMDD."

CLR1975 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress "This drug saved my life. It did not work for the first month and a half but when it did! Amazing results! No anxiety! And I suffered from panic attacks 24/7. Not saying this drug alone will fix all your problems but it helped me so so much! Gave me my excitement for life back"

Sara27373628 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I had been having anxiety and other symptoms such as weight loss. I was diagnosed with OCD and started on 10mg prozac. I battled with side effects for the first month of increased anxiety, nauseousness and sleeping problems. At about the 5 week mark the negative side effects went away and I started to feel some relief from the anxiety caused by the OCD. I was increased to 20mg which seems to be enough for me. I have now been on it for over a year. I feel so much better. Like a weight is lifted off of my shoulders and I no longer worry and obsess. I have gained some weight but the anxiety had made me lose weight so I think I am able to eat now because I feel better. I don't sweat the small stuff in life anymore!!"

OCDin PA (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2016