User Reviews for Prozac

Schizoaffective Disorder 0 reviews 28 medications

1.2
Summary of Prozac reviews 392 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Prozac

For Depression "I just couldn't shake it off anxiety depression woke up.horrid scared git feeling couldn't cook dread fear worrying constantly about dying doc ha e me propanonal sr went like a zombie 2nd doc listened to me but said I want depressed 3rd time lucky doc gave me fluoxotine it has immediately taken effect been on a bike ride and cooked a meal x"

dee15 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Started with 20mg then after around 45 days increased to 40. Dry mouth, fatigue, lightheadeness, increased anxiety, headaches, were common at first, however in time slowly decreased. I now have good day time energy, I'm sleeping well at night. Confidence level is becoming stronger. I pray the next few weeks at 40 mg takes me to were I want to be. So far, so good!"

Hard Luck (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

For Depression "I have been struggling with major depression for six months and finally when I went to the doctor, I was prescribed with 20mg of Prozac. The first five days were horrible and the worst have I ever felt. After that, I begun feeling good again. I begun having weird dreams, however and sometimes lack the ability to feel certain feelings. At the end, I really do believe this medication has saved me."

Teenage boy (17) (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I took Lexapro for a little over a year and it worked beautifully. The only reason I weaned off was because of weight gain. My Doctor prescribed 10mg of Prozac and said it should not cause any weight gain. I am on it 17 days now and my only side effect is slight anxiety and a few panic attacks. I had none of this on Lexapro. My question is, should I hand in there and when will I feel good?"

Soozieque July 13, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I'm on day 25 taking this medication. I am taking the generic Prozac for anxiety and severe panic attacks. I started on 20mg. The side effects were horrible. I couldn't stop shaking, my heart was racing, I couldn't eat, sleep, it made my anxiety worse. I went to my doctor by the 10th day and he prescribed me klonopin. I only took klonopin once, it did help but I just didn't like the feeling. I wanted to stop taking fluoxetine because it made me feel worse but I kept taking it. By the third week I was able to eat again. It is now day 25 and I am starting to feel like myself again. My anxiety and panic attacks went from a 10 to a 3. I am planning on upping my dosage by day 30. I highly suggest trying out this medication. Don't be scared."

Dee_lopez July 10, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been taking Prozac since I was thirteen years old or so. I'm sixteen now, and I'm worried that if I ever stop, I'll get bad again. I have severe anxiety and had depression. The depression has gone away, but the anxiety has worsened. Not from this medication, but I believe I need a larger dose. Anyways, this drug has helped me and made me feel like it can get better. Knowing the chemistry in my brain is really helpful too, to know that serotonin is being released. I would recommend for severe depression, but not anxiety unless at a larger dose. I'm on 40mg now, but took 20mg up until a month ago."

Anon173810 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 7, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on prozac 10mg for 6 days and no change. When will I feel better?"

olegsmummy July 4, 2015

For Bulimia "I have been taking Prozac for anorexia nervosa. I started ever since I was 11. It has helped me with gaining weight. It sucks though cause I was at a normal weight. I have noticed a slight change in my mood.I used to be constantly screaming at myself, telling myself I can't have the foods I want. That voice is kinda gone although it is startING to come back....I have done all I could so that's why my doctor put me on this med.....I am taking 10mg now...They might be upping my dose soon though."

UnKnOwN.900 (taken for 10 years or more) July 2, 2015

For Depression "I had really bad anxiety issues before I hopped on this medicine, was constantly feeling down and never wanted to be around people.. the being around people part hasn't changed probably because I'm just a solo person, but my mood is so much better and I just feel happier with life, at times I feel a little to happy that I get aggravated if that makes any sense. but I love the medicine."

nigyl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I love this medication. Im 16 and had major anxiety. I used to not wanna be around people at all. I hated so many things. Now that I'm taking the medicine I realized I also had depression. I'm a whole other person. I'm so happy and my anxiety has lessened greatly."

Musiclover101 June 29, 2015

For Depression "I'm in my late 40's and have always had anxiety spike but in the last 10 years my job has become overwhelming to me and I would wake up vomiting and in anxiety attacks. I had always gone to therapists who would give me exercises which would work at first but after a while I could not handle it. Found a dr who gave me 20 mg and I can not tell you how much it has helped almost from the get go my spikes have calmed down and I can control my feelings. I haven't really had any stress lately at work so I haven't tested that out but just in my every day working where I would just feel anxiety it has helped. The one problem is that my sex drive is very low - not gone - but low"

zzrt June 26, 2015

For Depression "I've been taking prozac for three months now and I'm the best I've ever been. I can see the beauty in the world that I saw when I was little. I don't think bad thoughts anymore. Sometimes I miss a few days on my medication and I'll see something like a road or a song or an old diary entry from my journal and it will be a subtle reminder of how I felt but I am strong enough to fight those thoughts and push them away. I smile more and I talk to people. I'm not scared to talk to people in public anymore. My anxiety is almost gone. I dont feel depressed anymore and I love myself. I don't hate myself anymore. I've gotten distracted by how beautiful and amazing I can be that I don't think about flaws or imperfections. I feel great. Prozac is a miracle"

espz June 25, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Took this as I was having bad anxiety and insomnia, waking up early constantly with that uncomfortable tight chest feeling and just having no energy. Seemed to work for the first 3 days, then I got really depressed. I started at 5mg and went up 5mg a week til I hit 20mg. I have been super depressed, more anxious, was extremely nauseous and could barely eat for almost 2 weeks, and my sleep hasn't improved at all. After almost 4 weeks on this stuff, I am a mess and don't feel like myself at all. Weening off and trying something else. I got up to 15mg. Tried to get to 20 but just felt too horrible."

Brett84 June 17, 2015

For Bulimia "Prozac saved my life!!! I struggled with bulimia for years and now I can finally say I rarely even think of binging n purging! It is the ultimate freedom....I can honestly say if it wasn't for this medication I would have died. I have so much faith in this medication!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

C girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I have battled anxiety for years. I have a supportive family, a loving husband and child, and could not understand why I wanted to sleep or cry the days away, the months away, the years away..... My breaking point was my family was struggling to comprehend why I did not want to do anything we loved anymore or be active in our daily life. It hit me hard I could not walk into a room of people without going into a panic. Prozac is the 3rd medicine I tried. I feel like a million dollars now. I am me again. I was on 10mg for 1 month and now 20mg a day. I'm crying as I write this because anxiety is real. It effected everything in my life. But not anymore. My fear and panic are gone. I can run circles around my loved ones! It's great."

guest85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Prozac since December 2014 and it had done quite a bit of good for me. I started taking it as an add on to Wellbutrin SR to help with my increasing anxiety and extreme irritability. It made me very lethargic for the first couple weeks, but that went away and it has since been helping me manage my anger and anxiety. I now also take separate anti-anxiety medication and I have found that the two work together very well. It is the only SSRI I have ever tried and I know I got very lucky with this."

orangetoday2313 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Prozac helped a lot with my depression and anxiety. It helped me be more calm... The only things I don't really like is the loss of appetite and recently I have been drowsy. I sometimes feel jittery. I've been taking it for less than a month but have seen a difference."

purplebear June 2, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Prozac 20mg since almost 2 months, for having severe depression and suicidal thoughts and death scenarios, I just want to say that this medicine is a life savior, it works miracles, regardless the fact of having so much dizziness (especially when working out), but thoughts get more positive by time."

Jackleine (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I had my 2nd baby 5 months ago and was having postpartum depression symptoms that turned into extreme anxiety. I was always irritated and very short tempered. My 8 year old had to hear me screaming and fighting with my husband and I felt so bad for her. I finally made it to the doctor and was prescribed prozac. It is literally saving my life!! I feel happier and less stressed. I don't know if it's making me tired since I have an infant and I'm tired anyway. Although it's been a short time that I'm taking it, I definitely feel the difference!"

Elated27 (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

For Depression "I have tried everything from tricyclics, serzone lexapro, Welbutrin, celexa, everthing under the sun. I just recently started on prozac about 2 weeks ago (straight from lexapro) and the results have been amazing! I sleep well, my dreams are pleasant now and my brain doesn't over analyze everything. I wake up early feeling good which I haven't in years. I have ambition and energy, get shit done and look for more to do. Finally something that works! I haven't had the opportunity to see if there are any sexual side effects yet but hopefully soon! Lol."

jraid2 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "Great for anxiety. I find that I like life a lot more - I like people more. Finally got off Klonopan, which I couldn't live without. The problem is major lethargy. I've tried taking it morning and night, but the tiredness is still there. I'm hoping that goes away with time. I have been on it for 5 weeks."

Anonymous May 17, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "It works for me. Years of PMT now I feel normal."

man67 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "After suffering for some time with PMT I decided I couldn't continue the way I was as it was interfering with my personal life aswel as my work life. I spoke to my GP who offered me some different options, Prozac being one of them. At that point I felt I couldn't carry on the way I was so gave Prozac a try. I've been on it for around 6 weeks now and already feel 'normal' again. I don't feel anxious or hate myself. It seems to have cleared my thoughts. It's still early but it's definatly helped me get back to my old self."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Depression "Incredible. To think a simple pill would be so life changing. 21 year old married mother of two , I've been struggling with depression and anxiety, especially social anxiety my entire life. I was at the end of my rope, starting to think depression wasn't even a real thing, it was just normal to feel like shit. Literally the first day I felt okay. A month later here I am exercising everyday in my spotless house and playing with my kids. No more emotional eating I've lost fifteen freaking pounds I have the energy and focus to do EVERYTHING. I only wish I would have tried it sooner. I thought it would make me feel like a numb robot but I still feel like me, just a better me. Really looking forward to my future on Prozac."

assleigh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "A renowned medication to help PMDD, but barely helped me. Helped with my anxiety and depression quite well (despite lack of emotion), but always got hormonal monthly, which was confusing. It actually made some symptoms worse. On Lexapro now, so hopefully that helps!"

Danika2602 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015