Pill Identifier App

1.2
Summary of Prozac reviews 347 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

Review by ddaannaa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Prozac has been a miracle for my anxiety. My anxiety was always like a constant static in my head. This "static" has caused me to have social anxiety has well. On Prozac, I feel my anxiety (the static in my head) isn't holding me back anymore, I talk to people and I can finally be happy and free.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2015 7:49 PM

Review by JuJu23:

For Depression: It didnt seem to help me

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2015 9:08 AM

Review by San Pio:

For Major Depressive Disorder: It's a good antidepressant, for mild depression, and food related issues. Took it long ago, was not enough by itlself, so I needed to combine it with other antidepressants. Sexual effects, sense of nothing really matters, mild happiness, long time, 3 weeks to kick in, and tends to pop out in about 2-3 months.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2015 3:24 PM

Review by Jeff235235:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Prozac really saved my life 6 years ago when I was suffering from major Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Insomnia related to it. Tried to stop it few times but always had to come back. No sexual side effects even at 40mg/day. Unofortunately it seemed that the medicine had pooped-out on me after 5 years and I currently started taking Paxil.

March 24, 2015 5:02 AM

Review by Kendall221:

For Anxiety and Stress: I was on this medicine for two weeks, i felt fine even a little happier, but for 3 days straight I went into a major depression, I have stopped taking it.

March 10, 2015 10:13 AM

Review by ColRanger (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Helped control Anger issue but after 90 days and two increases in doseage the Depression is unchanged

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2015 11:49 AM

Review by Rachel-:

For Major Depressive Disorder: Suffered with depression since early teens, but hit rock bottom when a friend committed suicide, I could no longer work, couldn't eat, had panic attacks and became suicidal. After 3-4 weeks of taking Prozac I began feeling like a normal person and after 6 weeks I felt happier than I could ever remember being for years. Prozac has saved me, will happily stay on it for life if this is how it makes me feel.

March 3, 2015 9:18 PM

Review by tomo15:

For Depression: I suffered extreme depression very much when my mum passed over and the doctor put me on these. They helped me think straight and think about all the bad things I'm still on them but only take one or two a week that keeps me happy and normal.

February 22, 2015 7:50 AM

Review by Vizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: I was on 10mg Prozac for general anxiety and panic attacks for 2 years. I had no side effects and my panic attacks decreased tremendously. However I recently started having them again so my doc worked me up to 40mg/day. I feel happy. But I feel like it is too much. I don't feel love anymore, and I feel like my emotions are so flat that although I'm not getting the panic attacks, I would almost rather deal with them than be unable to feel emotions. I have been dating a guy for 2 years, and all of a sudden after being on 40mg daily for six weeks I don't feel like I'm in love with him anymore. I can't tell if it is because of the medication or if it is actually me. I will be talking to my doc about decreasing my dose to 20mg.

February 14, 2015 10:05 PM

Review by Relieved7:

For Anxiety and Stress: I honestly feel that this medication saved my sanity and my life. After going through an extreme amount of stress in a short time, and then having a miscarriage, I started having extreme panic attacks out of the blue. I was having them almost every day; one night I was laying in the couch for four hours shaking uncontrollably and thinking I was going to die. Finally saw a psychiatrist who put me on 20 mg of Prozac per day. At first, it made me dizzy and gave me headaches, and I couldn't sleep. I was ready to give up and try something else, but finally after about 6-7 full weeks, I started to feel better and the panic attacks stopped. Haven't had an attack in over 3 months and I feel like myself again. I am also taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin to sleep.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2015 1:18 PM

Review by Happy Seahorse:

For Depression: It works really well my mood and depression are better. My only possible complaint is a constant upset stomach.

January 27, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by lorrelly (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I started with a very low dose to treat depression - 10mg. I also had become quite the 'alcoholic'; binge drinking right down to the last drop. Had no motivation and lots of self pity. Prozac helped me recover my lost personality; gave me hope and curbed the drinking to full time sobriety. I take 20mg a day - I would suggest that folks give it two months before giving up. I'm glad I did. Nine months of no drinking and I work full time.

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 4:33 PM

Review by piegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I am so happy that I finally received a diagnosis and treatment! Ever since I was about 19 years old (29 now) I have dealt with depression that came in waves. My anxiety and obsessive tendencies didn't begin until I was 22 and had the military. I always thought that the high stress situation just fed into my depression and caused anxiety and obsession. I finally decided to seek help and I was shocked to find out that I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder which causes depression and anxiety. I started on Prozac and within the first 6 weeks I felt a rush of relief. I no longer obsessed over the smallest things. I feel so much happier and my friends and family notice the difference big time!

January 22, 2015 11:37 PM

Review by Simone1013 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Keeps my moods within a normal range. It allows me to experience sad feelings and happy feelings Does not leave me with a blank face or blank feelings, like other antidepressants did.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 6:13 AM

Review by Nord:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have been off Prozac for about 4 weeks now...after starting 2 years ago for a terrible depression/sadness/menopause. Wanted to take a Holiday to see what would happen. When on Prozac side effects like decrease sexual drive and slight weight gain, otherwise it put my menopause symptoms in control Decrease my hot flashes, helped my sadness, and gave relief for some mild OCD that I have had for years. Now when I am off the medicine I notice and increase in my OCD behaviors. Not concentrating as well at work. Sexual appetite is still not that great despite a wonderful patient husband (could still just be the menopause). Hot flashes have not really returned and I do not feel overwhelmingly sad. I will start Prozac tomorrow and see if it help with OCD.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2015 5:13 PM

Review by Melvin am (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Very good treatment option it was my first SSRI and I was taking it for Anxiety and other stress I couldn't handle, as well as some therapy and coping mechanisms this medicine is great. I take 10 mg and even that is enough to get rid of anxiety however it does make you lose your sex drive and can make you completely lose Interest in any sexual activity, but all in out its a good treatment.

January 20, 2015 4:39 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety and Stress: Had Panic attacks for 3 years until started on Prozac. Stopped after two weeks. Made a wonderful difference in my anxiety and depression.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 6:54 PM

Review by CaliforniaGuy77:

For Depression: I used to have horrible nightmares, couldn't sleep sometimes because of visions in the dark, occasional sudden bouts of intense unjustified anger, etc. I've been on Prozac more or less (I'm not great about taking the pills) for 10 years now. I probably average 20 mg/day over time. If I stop taking it for several weeks, I will notice the angry spells starting to come back, etc, and that's my cue that I need to start taking it again. It has been very helpful for me. It's not a cure all, and maybe the highs of life are not as frequent, but they still come. And I'd rather have that and contentment than the awful lows. No free rides, but I enjoy my friends, exercise, family, and relationships. Overall, a Godsend for me.

December 22, 2014 3:17 AM

Review by eh11111:

For Depression: On 10 mg I stopped blushing, thought I became social. It helped for social anxiety even though I was taking it for depression. I don't know though, because I had panic attacks, muscle stiffness (dislocated my shoulder), was manic, heard vioces on 20mg. 20mg was extremely intense, blew my anxiety way up. Very scary.

December 20, 2014 5:24 AM

Review by EmBo333:

For Anxiety and Stress: I am one of the few people who doesn't suffer from some mixed form of depression & anxiety; I'm straight anxious. I have been on 10-20 mg Prozac for about 7 months now - starting was a little rocky in terms of heightened anxiety, gastrointestinal problems and nausea, but those leveled off after 3 wks. Now, in conjunction with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and daily mental work, I have to say that this medicine really has helped me get to a place where I can actually implement permanent habits and positive thought cycles and RELAX, whereas before I had a lot of trouble not being stuck as a result of my ruminating, anxiety, fear, guilt, etc. It's also been really great for my marriage, and my husband has been a big teammate. It's been good.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2014 2:26 PM

Review by Momshappy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I finally had the guts to mention my depression to my doctor, Thank God! I was depressed for years and was at the point of uncontrollable crying, missing work because of it. This was not the wife and mother I wanted to be so I finally asked for help. It has changed my life. No more depression and many things that used to cause me stress bother me much less or not at all. Not many side effects except fatigue, appetite loss, and a spacey feeling that only lasted a few days. Please don't wait to ask for help. I wish I had done this long ago.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2014 9:46 AM

Review by rach-mae:

For Depression: I've battled depression for five years and anxiety since I was a kid. The first two weeks on Prozac, everything got ten times worse. I couldn't function or stop crying or hating myself. But after that, the depression subsided. I'm more confident, calm, and I shy from negative thoughts and sadness rather than welcoming those things like I used to. It has helped my depression an incredible amount, but I have seen a little less improvement in the anxiety (even with cognitive behavioral therapy). Side effects for me are lots of yawning and loss of appetite.

November 18, 2014 10:06 PM

Review by AuntiePoomPoom777:

For Depression: I've taken Prozac a few times starting at 22. That 1st time was a nightmare! I literally lost time- only remember crying all the time...I don't even remember how long I took it! But that WAS 25 yrs ago. So I was deathly afraid to try it again til about 6 yrs ago. That time it was a lifesaver! I felt my mood lift alot after a week, then even more after a month. These results lasted for several yrs with some sexual side effects, but less than with Zoloft & Lexapro (which also caused waking WIRED every 4 hrs). After a few yrs it felt like I was on nothing at all so I switched to Pristiq which again, saved my life. Now I'm back to Prozac. But I'm sure it's more about what's going on in my life. Nothing works without situations improving as well.

November 18, 2014 1:14 PM

Review by kd3h (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I've been on every antidepressant known to mankind and they were awful to me. Either the side effects were too bad or it turned me into a complete zombie to the point work was out of the question, and then my dr said we would try one more called Prozac and the reason he had not prescribed it before was because it took 6-8 weeks to reach full effect as where the others took less then half that time. I started out taking 10mg because I have always been very sensitive to antidepressants and their side effects. For about the first 2 or 3 weeks I experience light anxiety... Then finally the 6 weeks passed and still nothing, but then finally about 8 weeks into the mediation, I feel like Santa Clause on steroids! It has saved my life!

November 18, 2014 12:42 PM

Review by Savedme:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have had 0 panic attacks all my life until last Oct when I got my 1st one which I called 911. 2 days later I had another one in which I was taken to the ER and given Ativan they said due to panic attack/anxiety. Scared me both times felt like I was dying. The nurse said she took Lexapro so I asked my doc to let me try that one first since the nurse had great luck, but I didn't like it! My coworker told me she takes Prozac so I switched meds to try it and WOW, not anxious like I want to pass out at the grocery store or in the middle of a packed restaurant! I have been taking 20mg and my doc said since I had such success he wants me on 40mg. This medication Prozac has let me live life again and not feel like I'm going to pass out in public.

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 9:08 PM