Medication Guide App

1.2
Summary of Prozac reviews 354 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

Review by Hugo. Depressive episodes. Ocd. Tourettes. Anxiety:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Recommend using Lovan 20mg the generic brand of Prozac. Break in half to start at 10mg a day. Your looking for small signs of success. Keep a daily journal of your time taking it so you can look back TRUST ME this helps when spotting reaction patterns and finding right exact dosage amount. For some LESS Prozac is more benefit. Mania / sweating / twitching muscles was part of my first 2 months but settled down. Alcohol leaves toxins in your blood for 2 days that stop the medication working fully. Sex drive gone by 80%.** I have still had to apply daily mental awareness techniques and being aware of my thoughts to get great results. Not been a cure all but is brilliant

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2015 4:58 PM

Review by danae_ (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I would have to say this medicine really saved my life . I couldn't even go through life at first , I started to believe that I would deal with anxiety forever . I highly recommend This medication to anyone suffering from anxiety . At first my anxiety got worse and I was nauseous and couldn't sleep , but after about two and a half weeks my anxiety completely vanished! I feel better than ever now and I'm only on the 20 mg . Anyone wanting to take Prozac I encourage you to

April 16, 2015 10:02 AM

Review by ddaannaa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Prozac has been a miracle for my anxiety. My anxiety was always like a constant static in my head. This "static" has caused me to have social anxiety has well. On Prozac, I feel my anxiety (the static in my head) isn't holding me back anymore, I talk to people and I can finally be happy and free.

April 14, 2015 7:49 PM

Review by EL94 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm currently taking Prozac (Fluoxetine) for severe generalised anxiety disorder, social anxiety and panic attacks. I only take 20mg a day and even though the first month left me with horrendous nausea and weight loss it subsided after about 25 days and now I find that my appetite as a whole has decreased slightly but the nausea has now subsided. My anxiety has improved so much to the point that I'm actually leaving the house for activities other than work and I'm having conversations with people I'd usually ignore because I'd feel so self conscious. I've actually had people (that don't know I suffer from anxiety or that I'm taking Prozac (fluoxetine)) comment on how well I look recently and how happy I appear within myself.

April 14, 2015 4:34 PM

Review by ceebeed79799 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Been on this medicine for 2 weeks now and definitely starting to feel less anxious and I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill anymore!! Also not as afraid in social situations and ocd that someone will break in my house and kidnap me and my kids is gone and I can actually sleep at night now. I hope this continues because living in constant fear is no way to live!

April 13, 2015 8:21 AM

Review by Noosie91:

For Anxiety and Stress: For whatever reason I began to experience social anxiety and panic attacks,now when I think back,at least 2 years ago. But I didn't understand what was happening to me. At first I thought I simply developed a bad attitude toward people. My work started to be effected. I couldn't recall work procedures, I had problems putting my words together to speak, I would get extremely nervous in social settings, scared to ask questions, fear of everyone talking about me, sometimes I just didn't want to leave out my house. I was stressed over little issues, talking in my sleep, fatigue, sluggish, slow to respond. I can go on and on. I had been on Welbutrin daily and Xanax as needed. My doctor prescribed Prozac to me three days ago. It works !!!!I

April 10, 2015 6:56 PM

Review by JuJu23:

For Depression: It didnt seem to help me

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2015 9:08 AM

Review by misspippainpink:

For Bulimia: Prozac has been great! I was so worried to start taking it that I read a million reviews and almost didn't take it but I'm so glad I did. It has been a life saver!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2015 11:43 PM

Review by San Pio:

For Major Depressive Disorder: It's a good antidepressant, for mild depression, and food related issues. Took it long ago, was not enough by itlself, so I needed to combine it with other antidepressants. Sexual effects, sense of nothing really matters, mild happiness, long time, 3 weeks to kick in, and tends to pop out in about 2-3 months.

March 26, 2015 3:24 PM

Review by Jeff235235:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Prozac really saved my life 6 years ago when I was suffering from major Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Insomnia related to it. Tried to stop it few times but always had to come back. No sexual side effects even at 40mg/day. Unofortunately it seemed that the medicine had pooped-out on me after 5 years and I currently started taking Paxil.

March 24, 2015 5:02 AM

Review by Kendall221:

For Anxiety and Stress: I was on this medicine for two weeks, i felt fine even a little happier, but for 3 days straight I went into a major depression, I have stopped taking it.

March 10, 2015 10:13 AM

Review by ColRanger (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Helped control Anger issue but after 90 days and two increases in doseage the Depression is unchanged

March 6, 2015 11:49 AM

Review by Rachel-:

For Major Depressive Disorder: Suffered with depression since early teens, but hit rock bottom when a friend committed suicide, I could no longer work, couldn't eat, had panic attacks and became suicidal. After 3-4 weeks of taking Prozac I began feeling like a normal person and after 6 weeks I felt happier than I could ever remember being for years. Prozac has saved me, will happily stay on it for life if this is how it makes me feel.

March 3, 2015 9:18 PM

Review by Anonymous_0989 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: This is my third medication I've tried for my anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. I was first on fluvoxamine and Klonopin and those did nothing but make me a zombie. A month into Prozac while I was feeling the side effects of dizziness and whatnot everything just turned back on. Literally it's like someone turned the lights on. All I can say is it takes time, don't be discouraged. Also pay attention to what you take with it. I was on Zoloft and was getting extremely dizzy. Prozac doesn't agree with certain medications and definitely not caffeine. For the most part though I went from having panic attacks so bad they felt like heart attacks to being completely calm and "normal".

March 2, 2015 8:30 PM

Review by tomo15:

For Depression: I suffered extreme depression very much when my mum passed over and the doctor put me on these. They helped me think straight and think about all the bad things I'm still on them but only take one or two a week that keeps me happy and normal.

February 22, 2015 7:50 AM

Review by Vizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: I was on 10mg Prozac for general anxiety and panic attacks for 2 years. I had no side effects and my panic attacks decreased tremendously. However I recently started having them again so my doc worked me up to 40mg/day. I feel happy. But I feel like it is too much. I don't feel love anymore, and I feel like my emotions are so flat that although I'm not getting the panic attacks, I would almost rather deal with them than be unable to feel emotions. I have been dating a guy for 2 years, and all of a sudden after being on 40mg daily for six weeks I don't feel like I'm in love with him anymore. I can't tell if it is because of the medication or if it is actually me. I will be talking to my doc about decreasing my dose to 20mg.

February 14, 2015 10:05 PM

Review by Relieved7:

For Anxiety and Stress: I honestly feel that this medication saved my sanity and my life. After going through an extreme amount of stress in a short time, and then having a miscarriage, I started having extreme panic attacks out of the blue. I was having them almost every day; one night I was laying in the couch for four hours shaking uncontrollably and thinking I was going to die. Finally saw a psychiatrist who put me on 20 mg of Prozac per day. At first, it made me dizzy and gave me headaches, and I couldn't sleep. I was ready to give up and try something else, but finally after about 6-7 full weeks, I started to feel better and the panic attacks stopped. Haven't had an attack in over 3 months and I feel like myself again. I am also taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin to sleep.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2015 1:18 PM

Review by Happy Seahorse:

For Depression: It works really well my mood and depression are better. My only possible complaint is a constant upset stomach.

January 27, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by lorrelly (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I started with a very low dose to treat depression - 10mg. I also had become quite the 'alcoholic'; binge drinking right down to the last drop. Had no motivation and lots of self pity. Prozac helped me recover my lost personality; gave me hope and curbed the drinking to full time sobriety. I take 20mg a day - I would suggest that folks give it two months before giving up. I'm glad I did. Nine months of no drinking and I work full time.

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 4:33 PM

Review by piegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I am so happy that I finally received a diagnosis and treatment! Ever since I was about 19 years old (29 now) I have dealt with depression that came in waves. My anxiety and obsessive tendencies didn't begin until I was 22 and had the military. I always thought that the high stress situation just fed into my depression and caused anxiety and obsession. I finally decided to seek help and I was shocked to find out that I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder which causes depression and anxiety. I started on Prozac and within the first 6 weeks I felt a rush of relief. I no longer obsessed over the smallest things. I feel so much happier and my friends and family notice the difference big time!

January 22, 2015 11:37 PM

Review by Simone1013 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Keeps my moods within a normal range. It allows me to experience sad feelings and happy feelings Does not leave me with a blank face or blank feelings, like other antidepressants did.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 6:13 AM

Review by Nord:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have been off Prozac for about 4 weeks now...after starting 2 years ago for a terrible depression/sadness/menopause. Wanted to take a Holiday to see what would happen. When on Prozac side effects like decrease sexual drive and slight weight gain, otherwise it put my menopause symptoms in control Decrease my hot flashes, helped my sadness, and gave relief for some mild OCD that I have had for years. Now when I am off the medicine I notice and increase in my OCD behaviors. Not concentrating as well at work. Sexual appetite is still not that great despite a wonderful patient husband (could still just be the menopause). Hot flashes have not really returned and I do not feel overwhelmingly sad. I will start Prozac tomorrow and see if it help with OCD.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2015 5:13 PM

Review by Melvin am (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Very good treatment option it was my first SSRI and I was taking it for Anxiety and other stress I couldn't handle, as well as some therapy and coping mechanisms this medicine is great. I take 10 mg and even that is enough to get rid of anxiety however it does make you lose your sex drive and can make you completely lose Interest in any sexual activity, but all in out its a good treatment.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 4:39 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety and Stress: Had Panic attacks for 3 years until started on Prozac. Stopped after two weeks. Made a wonderful difference in my anxiety and depression.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 6:54 PM

Review by CaliforniaGuy77:

For Depression: I used to have horrible nightmares, couldn't sleep sometimes because of visions in the dark, occasional sudden bouts of intense unjustified anger, etc. I've been on Prozac more or less (I'm not great about taking the pills) for 10 years now. I probably average 20 mg/day over time. If I stop taking it for several weeks, I will notice the angry spells starting to come back, etc, and that's my cue that I need to start taking it again. It has been very helpful for me. It's not a cure all, and maybe the highs of life are not as frequent, but they still come. And I'd rather have that and contentment than the awful lows. No free rides, but I enjoy my friends, exercise, family, and relationships. Overall, a Godsend for me.

December 22, 2014 3:17 AM