User Reviews for Prozac

Schizoaffective Disorder 0 reviews 28 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 298 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Prozac

Review by Amgama:

For Depression: Prozac is really a life saver.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 10:38 AM

Review by SarahSwar:

For Bulimia: I've struggled with bulimia (as well as depression/mood disorder) for about eight years now. I've been on Prozac three separate times (I quit taking it during my pregnancies) and I stop binging and purging every time I get back on it. It has also benefited my relationships and improved my parenting abilities. Every other medication I tried was just too hard on me, but Prozac doesn't affect me in any noticeably negative way.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by not bad, but sad. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Postpartum Depression: Was able to lift me out of a severe Postpartum depression.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2014 10:33 PM

Review by Hv50 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been on Prozac for just about 3 months. At first I did not notice a difference for about a month then I started feeling more energized for a few weeks however the weight is going on as fast as grass grows. I'm seeing my doctor today and need to switch. I've even been working out, walking and have been more active. The weight gain is awful, at least for me.

June 17, 2014 7:57 AM

Review by RayS45672:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have Obessive compulsive disorder which causes a lot of anxiety and depression. Prozac has improved my quality of life I'm now a calm happy person with a great family of my own after being on Prozac a year. It really helps me focus on the real problems in my life and reaching a resolution instead of just feeling overwhelmed. It also greatly increases my energy and focus! It does not make me a zombie to emotion but it does prevent me from obsessing and lingering on how things make me feel. I still feel sad anger etc but in normal amounts like everyone else. Aside from very detailed dreams I've had no negative side effects.

June 14, 2014 9:22 AM

Review by yournickname (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Not happy, not sad, just there. Actually not even there... Everything is kind of like a daze. But it feels alot better then being crazy stressed out all the time and freaking out over trivial things, just I don't feel like myself. But the good thing is I'm living in the moment instead of the past or worrying about the future.

June 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Review by Decadelost:

For Bulimia: I had an eating disorder for almost a decade and Prozac really stopped the thoughts and behaviors

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by liked prozac (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: I took Prozac for about 25 years with good results

June 10, 2014 1:57 AM

Review by familiaa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been on Prozac for a month and it really helps with the depression.

May 31, 2014 9:28 AM

Review by amandamariee (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I've been on Prozac for a little over a year for depression and anxiety. I'm on 20mg since I was 14. Personally I think it was too much for my system when I first started taking it. I was like an ADHD child. Couldn't calm down. Jumping around everywhere and could barely sleep at night. And with me being a 100lb 14 year old; my mother thought so too. Now that I'm 16, I think this medication isn't working for me anymore. I'm becoming more and more depressed and my anxiety level is at its highest. I keep having panic attacks also. Prozac was amazing for me up til now. But I do believe that my body has gotten used to this medication. I'm talking to my doctor soon as possible to maybe raise my dosage.

May 27, 2014 9:34 AM

Review by Gc2466:

For Anxiety and Stress: Did not have the best experience with this medication, but antidepressants and anxiety medications react differently for each person. For the 5 months that I was on Prozac, it improved my anxiety, but every time my dosage was changed, my depression got much worse and fluctuated greatly. It got so bad that I had to switch medications. Again, every medication reacts differently for everyone.

May 22, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Cyrnix (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Marvellous, restored my dignity, anxiety management and sleep.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 17, 2014 1:50 PM

Review by Depressed in Vegas (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I started a very low dosage and worked upward until I found what worked for me (40mg). However, as my depression got worse and worse, the Prozac actually stopped working altogether no matter how much it was increased! It's a good medicine for mild to moderate depression, but there are better choices for major depression.

May 17, 2014 5:47 AM

Review by minnykays (taken for 10 years or more):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Excellent for Major Depressive Disorder, as well as some mixed anxiety disorders.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by wickedsmile:

For Anxiety and Stress: Ok this is my third review in just less than a year. Here are the pros: weight loss (16 pounds lost), eliminated my anxiety issues, no more Klonopin, very calm, cool and collected attitude, improved vision and I feel great! I can give presentations in front of many people without hesitation or anxiety buildup. Now for the cons: Be careful drinking alcohol after taking your daily dose. I have experienced severe impairment after just a few drinks that I normally handle with ease. Usually it happens if I forget to take my dose in the morning and take it after work instead. If I don't give it time to metabolize in my system and drink on it, 2 beers can feel like 6. Be mindful of that and do not operate machinery/cars.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by Vectron (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Hi been on Prozac after 5 years on Cipralex, feel better than ever and my weight has started to come down!

May 13, 2014 11:57 AM

Review by olivia_nguyen (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I've been taking this pill since grade 10 (so I've been on the medication for 4 yrs now) and I haven't experienced any bad side effects. But in my opinion, it didn't fully help me recover. Even over a year I've taken it, I would still get thoughts of suicide or hurting myself, either if it's physically or emotionally. But since last summer when I've told my youth worker about what's been going over in my life and she suggested I go to my psychologist and see if he'll up my dose or use a different medication or using therapy. I've went from 20 to 30 mg and I've been doing a lot better in my college tests and exams.

May 3, 2014 1:06 PM

Review by constance2267 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I can't say enough about how much this medicine has helped me with depression. I spent years in and out of deep depression. I was finally diagnosed with depression and post traumatic stress disorder and started Prozac at 20 mg then went up to 40mg. I knew it was helping but I didn't fully realize how much until I forgot to take it for about 5 days. Then I started to feel the hopeless feeling I get with depression and I haven't missed a dose since. I'm one of the lucky ones with no negative side effects. My libido is better than ever and I've actually lost a few pounds. I sleep great and wake up every morning feeling rested and more positive about life than I ever have before.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2014 1:13 AM

Review by tatiana757 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Prozac saved me! I've been in and out of hospitals for 10 years. Was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder. After changing Doctors and medicines I finally feel like myself again. I here no voices of worry and stress. I'm not irritated over the slightest things. I can now think clearer. After months of depression and panic attracts my new doctor recommended Prozac. For weeks I felt nausea and weakness. Then on the third week I got up and out and got a job the same day! I was no longer stuttering and confused. My relationship with my significant other is 100% better. My thoughts were very clear. I'd finally gained my confidence back! I'm very happy I tried Prozac. I feel amazing.

April 25, 2014 1:21 AM

Review by gina1977:

For Depression: Prozac saved my life! 20 mg. I'm on week three. I was out of work for months and couldn't think clear. Then on the third week I woke up, finally got out of my bed and pursued looking for work. Got hired that same day! Yay! I encourage you to stay on Prozac for three weeks to take effect.

April 25, 2014 1:07 AM

Review by Crayonsnglu (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was told that anti-anxiety meds take a while to kick in but I feel like this one has kicked in sooner than I thought it would. I only take 20mg for anxiety and overall I have started to feel a lot more positive and less stressed out about things I usually stress out about. I haven't noticed any side effects besides my stomach feeling a little off the first week and lately I have not been as hungry as I usually am and get full alot faster....but I wake up in the morning starving. Weird but no headaches or trouble sleeping or anything! I hope I can continue to take this medicine because it does seem to keep me "level" with my emotions.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2014 3:16 PM

Review by Annie1975000:

For Depression: Prozac is great! When you first start, you can feel a little anxious, but hang in there. It has changed my whole outlook on life after being really depressed after a divorce and trying to raise two kids on my own. It gave me the confidence to get a job and enjoy working again. Before it, I had little confidence. I love laughing again, which I do a lot now! No side effects for me, except feeling a bit weird and anxious for the first few weeks.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2014 7:15 AM

Review by Angelina205 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Prozac has changed my life I feel like I can enjoy small things like sitting outside and feeling the wind hit my face. I would have several panic attacks during the day and developed agoraphobia. Now with only 10 mg daily it helps, I have come off slowly with no withdrawals!

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2014 7:32 PM

Review by awall83:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started Prozac 20mg Friday 3/28/14 its been 6 days. I feel weak, tired, anxious, depressed, and my appetite is out of control, eating all the time. I am going to give this more time, hopefully it works for me like it has for all the others on here. I would give anything to not feel this way anymore, I've struggled with it my whole life.

April 3, 2014 9:37 AM

Review by EricaLikesCalculus:

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm a 17 year old girl with Generalized Anxiety Disorder which I've struggled/am struggling with all throughout high school. I've been on Prozac for about 8 months now and it's helped me get through a lot of very anxiety-inducing situations for me. Before taking this medication, it had become very difficult for me to even attend school, and often times I'd have to be absent due to panic attacks and overwhelming anxiety. The Prozac has made everyday life so much more bearable for me. I no longer feel repressed by my anxiety. It's not a "cure" but it has helped a ton for me, and I have much hope for the future now. In addition, it is also helpful with my mood.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2014 6:19 PM