User Reviews for Prozac

Schizoaffective Disorder 0 reviews 28 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 304 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

Review by prozac patty:

For Anxiety and Stress: Prozac took my worries away. That is all I wanted. I wasn't depressed. I used to wake up at night having bad dreams and worries that went over and over in my head. I couldn't sleep. After beginning Prozac that all stopped. It did unfortunately give me an "I don't care" attitude about what other people thought of me. My sister complained about that with me and said i was difficult to talk to. So I stopped taking it (gradually). Now I wake up every night again with terrible anxiety thoughts and dreams (mostly about things that are happening in my life). I haven't heard anyone talking about this. Any comments?

August 26, 2014 9:47 AM

Review by Anon4:

Was prescribed this medication for outpatient treatment from anorexia/bulimia and laxative abuse after leaving the hospital. Took 60mg a day with scheduled breakfast. This was the medication that boosted my recovery. I was able to lessen some of my very troublesome anxiety around food, reduce obsessive thoughts, and be able to take initiative towards getting better. My treatment team has also been very happy with the outcome of this medication. Just some reminders: You have to drink or eat something with this, or you will have acid reflux. Also, watch out for mood swings that may happen when you first start taking the medication.

August 23, 2014 2:37 PM

Review by Bradstreetbassler (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: This medication works great for anxiety stress and panic attacks, so glad.

August 16, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by Cateliza:

For Anxiety and Stress: Today is only my first day, and I have to say I got really angry with something that happened at work and normally I can shrug this off, but it's like I couldn't control it, and was super quite that morning then through the day I felt better. I've had headaches and bad diarrhea. The headache happened before the medicine so I'm not sure it's related and very slight nausea. I'll blog again once a little more time has passed.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 11:07 PM

Review by KitkT:

For Panic Disorder: Have been on Prozac since it came out many years ago. I had severe panic disorder with anxiety attacks. I was also agoraphobic. Since being in Prozac I was able to return to work, go to college. Now that I am retired I am able to travel to different states.

August 7, 2014 2:28 PM

Review by OnceStuckInLimbo (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: Fluoxetine is pretty gentle compared to most other anti-depressant medicines. I had a good response from Zoloft almost 20 years ago, and when I had breakthrough depression I was switched to Effexor. Effexor worked but was prohibitively expensive. Then I was finally stated on Prozac(fluoxetine). I had zero side effects during the first week--which was vastly different from my experience with the other two--and at 40mg/day fluoxetine seems just as efficacious. Fluoxetine has worked well for my panic, depression, and general anxiety. One must give it time to work. For people that are really struggling six weeks can seem a lifetime, but for many that is how long it takes for fluoxetine to 'work'.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 9:41 AM

Review by emjay95 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I took prozac several years ago, and it worked a little bit for a while. Often, though, it made me feel really lethargic, sleepy, and extremely apathetic to most things. It sort of did it's job, but not well enough, as I have now switched to something that works better.

July 31, 2014 12:57 PM

Review by Amgama:

For Depression: Prozac is really a life saver.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 10:38 AM

Review by SarahSwar:

For Bulimia: I've struggled with bulimia (as well as depression/mood disorder) for about eight years now. I've been on Prozac three separate times (I quit taking it during my pregnancies) and I stop binging and purging every time I get back on it. It has also benefited my relationships and improved my parenting abilities. Every other medication I tried was just too hard on me, but Prozac doesn't affect me in any noticeably negative way.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by not bad, but sad. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Postpartum Depression: Was able to lift me out of a severe Postpartum depression.

July 21, 2014 10:33 PM

Review by Hv50 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been on Prozac for just about 3 months. At first I did not notice a difference for about a month then I started feeling more energized for a few weeks however the weight is going on as fast as grass grows. I'm seeing my doctor today and need to switch. I've even been working out, walking and have been more active. The weight gain is awful, at least for me.

June 17, 2014 7:57 AM

Review by RayS45672:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have Obessive compulsive disorder which causes a lot of anxiety and depression. Prozac has improved my quality of life I'm now a calm happy person with a great family of my own after being on Prozac a year. It really helps me focus on the real problems in my life and reaching a resolution instead of just feeling overwhelmed. It also greatly increases my energy and focus! It does not make me a zombie to emotion but it does prevent me from obsessing and lingering on how things make me feel. I still feel sad anger etc but in normal amounts like everyone else. Aside from very detailed dreams I've had no negative side effects.

June 14, 2014 9:22 AM

Review by yournickname (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Not happy, not sad, just there. Actually not even there... Everything is kind of like a daze. But it feels alot better then being crazy stressed out all the time and freaking out over trivial things, just I don't feel like myself. But the good thing is I'm living in the moment instead of the past or worrying about the future.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Review by Decadelost:

For Bulimia: I had an eating disorder for almost a decade and Prozac really stopped the thoughts and behaviors

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by liked prozac (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: I took Prozac for about 25 years with good results

June 10, 2014 1:57 AM

Review by familiaa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been on Prozac for a month and it really helps with the depression.

May 31, 2014 9:28 AM

Review by amandamariee (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I've been on Prozac for a little over a year for depression and anxiety. I'm on 20mg since I was 14. Personally I think it was too much for my system when I first started taking it. I was like an ADHD child. Couldn't calm down. Jumping around everywhere and could barely sleep at night. And with me being a 100lb 14 year old; my mother thought so too. Now that I'm 16, I think this medication isn't working for me anymore. I'm becoming more and more depressed and my anxiety level is at its highest. I keep having panic attacks also. Prozac was amazing for me up til now. But I do believe that my body has gotten used to this medication. I'm talking to my doctor soon as possible to maybe raise my dosage.

May 27, 2014 9:34 AM

Review by Gc2466:

For Anxiety and Stress: Did not have the best experience with this medication, but antidepressants and anxiety medications react differently for each person. For the 5 months that I was on Prozac, it improved my anxiety, but every time my dosage was changed, my depression got much worse and fluctuated greatly. It got so bad that I had to switch medications. Again, every medication reacts differently for everyone.

May 22, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Cyrnix (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Marvellous, restored my dignity, anxiety management and sleep.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 17, 2014 1:50 PM

Review by Depressed in Vegas (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I started a very low dosage and worked upward until I found what worked for me (40mg). However, as my depression got worse and worse, the Prozac actually stopped working altogether no matter how much it was increased! It's a good medicine for mild to moderate depression, but there are better choices for major depression.

May 17, 2014 5:47 AM

Review by minnykays (taken for 10 years or more):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Excellent for Major Depressive Disorder, as well as some mixed anxiety disorders.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by wickedsmile:

For Anxiety and Stress: Ok this is my third review in just less than a year. Here are the pros: weight loss (16 pounds lost), eliminated my anxiety issues, no more Klonopin, very calm, cool and collected attitude, improved vision and I feel great! I can give presentations in front of many people without hesitation or anxiety buildup. Now for the cons: Be careful drinking alcohol after taking your daily dose. I have experienced severe impairment after just a few drinks that I normally handle with ease. Usually it happens if I forget to take my dose in the morning and take it after work instead. If I don't give it time to metabolize in my system and drink on it, 2 beers can feel like 6. Be mindful of that and do not operate machinery/cars.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by Vectron (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Hi been on Prozac after 5 years on Cipralex, feel better than ever and my weight has started to come down!

May 13, 2014 11:57 AM

Review by olivia_nguyen (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I've been taking this pill since grade 10 (so I've been on the medication for 4 yrs now) and I haven't experienced any bad side effects. But in my opinion, it didn't fully help me recover. Even over a year I've taken it, I would still get thoughts of suicide or hurting myself, either if it's physically or emotionally. But since last summer when I've told my youth worker about what's been going over in my life and she suggested I go to my psychologist and see if he'll up my dose or use a different medication or using therapy. I've went from 20 to 30 mg and I've been doing a lot better in my college tests and exams.

May 3, 2014 1:06 PM

Review by constance2267 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I can't say enough about how much this medicine has helped me with depression. I spent years in and out of deep depression. I was finally diagnosed with depression and post traumatic stress disorder and started Prozac at 20 mg then went up to 40mg. I knew it was helping but I didn't fully realize how much until I forgot to take it for about 5 days. Then I started to feel the hopeless feeling I get with depression and I haven't missed a dose since. I'm one of the lucky ones with no negative side effects. My libido is better than ever and I've actually lost a few pounds. I sleep great and wake up every morning feeling rested and more positive about life than I ever have before.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2014 1:13 AM