User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Panic Disorder

"I highly recommend this medication for panic attacks. Without Klonopin, I could not function in life...I couldn't hold a job, go on trips, even go to the store without having wave after wave of panic. It works quickly, too, because with panic attacks, we want them gone or at least minimized. I only use when needed as the body does become adjusted to them and its not as effective. Thank goodness for this medication!"

Denisenini (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 31, 2015

"I started having anxiety or panic attacks 30 years ago and "suffered" through them for almost 10 years. My psyc wanted me to experience the anxiety to show how it wasn't harmful and I'd get over it. We'll guess what, I never got over them and a I had my GP wrote me out a prescription for Klonopin to take as needed and it has worked out great. Although I am not "cured" of my illness, I am able to function, enjoy life and do things I didn't think would be possible without it. All without any physical side effects. Btw, numerous times I've had skin cancer removed from my face while sitting in a chair for 4-5 hours. I've had dental implants in my mouth, which went on for 2-3 hours. All this was possible with Klonopin."

Rickysllc123 December 29, 2015

"I had continually worsening panic attacks a couple days after having an MRI for an unrelated issue. The MRI brought up some claustrophobia issues I didn't know where there. Two days later I had a nightmare about claustrophobia and then is spiralled down from there...started having phobias and panics about other things. Doctor put me on generic version of Klonopin and it immediately took the panic away -- seriously in about 5 minutes. I now take it once a day and will see doctor in a couple weeks to see what to do then. Has worked great for me."

Recent taker of Klonopin December 28, 2015

"I used to have panic and anxiety very bad, for many years I self medictaed with illegal drugs. Finally, at 29 yrs old I wearily went to a doctor who gave me klonopin and an anti-depressant. In one hour I gradually felt all the panic go away, anxiety was gone. I really smiled for the first time, the world was great. I was contemplating suicide a day before I was prescribed klonopin, this drug saved my life. I continue to take it 1mg twice a day with lexapro 20mg. My life is good and I am happy, but now my mental health doctor reads that benzo medication "may" lead to dementia,etc. So now she wants me to stop taking it, she says she does not want her name on anything linked to her prescribing benzos. Now I must detox? Find another Doctor!!"

Antibenzo December 15, 2015

"I started suffering with panic disorder for 3 years and was not using any treatment. It got to the point to where I was agoraphobic and wouldn't leave my house I was scared for my life and felt like I wasn't even a human being anymore I suffered dramatically from what is called derealization I ended up turning myself into a hospital that had a mental health outpatient program which put me on klonopin 0.5 mg twice a day and it literally changed my life I finally have a life again and can move around and do things, I can go to work I still once in awhile start to have panic but the Klonopin doesn't allow me to actually have a panic attack. My general anxiety is now down to nothing and I can feel like I can live again. The first month had its ups and downs"

Hotastrology (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2015

"On generic clonezapam for 9 years. Work great GAD, panic attack, however it is now wearing off. I cannot get off of it due oppositional tolerance. Most doctors know little about this drug. Orginally, meant for short term use. It is very difficult for taper. It does serve its purpose. Just do you research."

jab453 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 28, 2015

"I have a frontal Lobe injury along with PTSD and Panic Disorders. I took 1 mg of Xanax QID (4) per day as directed for 16 years. I asked to be removed while in the Hospital. And put on K-pin. I have suffered for two years now on K-pin TID (3) per day. Not good. I have a very bad Doctor, that I feel that shouldn't practice Medicine. He won't listen to concerns and has never given me a physical."

Barry Rose October 1, 2015

"I would not be alive now if not for Klonopin, nor would I have been able to complete Graduate school. Anyone who has had panic disorder that literally freezes your mind and body into a state of never ending terror know. You are sure you will die. Mine started at age 28. I have been taking a low dose; 1 mg per day - 0.5 morning and before bed. If I feel one coming on I take 1 mg of Ativan - happens a few x a month. Those who say it's as horrible and addictive as Heroin? Likely using it for generalized anxiety and increase irresponsibly .Those of us who suffer from the physical and mental terror of panic disorder and take the medication carefully - it's hard to hear others saying how dangerous it is. Anything misused is dangerous."

DaisyARiley September 30, 2015

"This medication is magic. The first few times you take it (if you take it before bed, I usually do because that's when a majority of my panic attacks occur), then you might wake up feeling zombie-ish for a few times in the beginning. For me, that side effect passed. Now, it's amazing for me. My best friend was on Xanax and she said it would just knock her out and by the time she woke up, it would be worn off and she would then panic all over again. Klonopin has not been like that for me because it has a longer half life, which means it stays in your system in effect for a longer period of time. I will say this - be careful. Honestly, I took 1/2 of a .5mg pill for a while and it did me well. Be safe with your usage and you'll love it."

Samanthaalucas (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2015

"I started having panic attacks that rendered me unable to even get up. My first one landed me in the hospital. I was disoriented, rooms looked like they were sideways, objects that were not moving looked like they were, I couldn't get enough air in, I needed to close my eyes, driving was out of the question and I was nauseated and terrified. After two weeks of being out of work I was put on Klonopin along with antidepressants. It is the only thing that has allowed me to function like I could before the panic/anxiety attacks started. The only drawback is that I have to take it at the same time each day and cannot miss a doseage or the dizziness, panic and feeling like I am going to pass out comes back. It has been a life saver."

DeejDee September 12, 2015

"Caution: this medication is highly effective for almost every anxiety disorder that exists, somewhat TOO helpful which is how it's easy to abuse it; but doing so will be life devastating. Using this drug responsibly at a reasonable dosage is highly effective managing anxiety disorders and I testify that it compliments antidepressants very well. Daily users need to be proven the benefits outweigh the risks. Taken daily for 5 years, still as effective and no need to 'up my dosage'."

Alexander-X (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 23, 2015

"Klonopin saved my life!!! I have been having panic attacks since I was 8 yrs old. Klonopin is the only benzodiazepine that helps take the panic away. Life saver!!! Don't worry about the sides it can't be worse thn the attacks."

Kennysus (taken for 10 years or more) August 15, 2015

"Klonopin helps my anxiety, panic disorder, and insomnia... I take it on an as needed basis and it's one mg tablet"

Cagney Crouch (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2015

"i started having panic attacks at the age of 15, i had no idea what they were until i was 32, i lived in a silent hell from 15 to 32, i was finally diagnosed at 32 with panic disorder without agorophobia. I was prescribed prozac and xanex but I also have a pill phobia and continued to battle this horror meds free until now , i am 44. I was at my witts end and my doctor begged me to try Klonopin, she even let me take it in the office ans wait, thank goodness, it felt like i finally had some help, i take 1 mg daily and I can live with some hope that if i have anxiety something can help me. I cant believe i lived without anything for so long. YES you can do it without meds but the damage your doing to your body is not worth it, Thanks Knpin"

Mark510 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

"Approximately twenty years ago, I was taken by ambulance twice and once by car to ER where they gave me something that calmed me. It was similar to a seizure. Nothing ever triggered these attacks. It just came upon me very fast. I was enjoying my career and life; I'm very social. My doctor finally sent me to a Psychologist and he diagnosed me with panic attacks. There was a name for this!! I was prescribed something similar to Klonopin and when Klonopin came on the market, he prescribed 0.5mg twice a day. I have had no adverse side effects, only positive. I have never had another panic attack and do not plan to ever stop taking Klonopin. I am the same person I was and live life to the fullest in a new phase of 'early retirement'!!"

janinpa (taken for 10 years or more) June 23, 2015

"Warning: This drug is highly addictive (think heroin- it’s so addictive) I went on it 5 years ago when i started using anti-depressants. The doctor prescribed them to me to sleep because the anti-depressants were keeping me up at night. This drug is a seriously dangerous med! I will say that it was the best medication for anxiety, but its side effects and addictive traits made it a horrible experience for me. I strongly recommend that people do not use this medication or any form anxiety medication. I also suggest people keep way from anti-depressants. I use exercise (cardio) 45 minutes a day to help me beat this issue. I also take 5000 mg of Niacinimide a day. Also keep off alcohol, and caffeine. Eat well."

P Christopher May 31, 2015

"I've had panic disorder for 36 years, in addition to ptsd, and ocd. Clonazepam 1mg twice daily has enabled me to have some sort of life. Panic disorder reduces quality of life, and I more or less live in a bubble. However, integrated with CBT, I am finding that my "bubble" is expanding. I'm able to go out of the house, drive, and function throughout the day. After taking it for several years with success, my new psych wants me to discontinue it due to addictive properties. So, back to living in my bubble, I guess. Why do they create a useful medication, and then tell you that you can't take it any longer? Drs overprescribe, FDA cracks down, and those that benefit from it are left in the dirt."

zepheringram (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2015

"This medication has done wonders for me and a lot of other people I know I swear I wouldn't ever wish panic anxiety disorder on my worst enemy's. It is the worst and I'm sure you all know that Klonopin has helped so very much. I Would have to say that it is definitely the best benzo and I have been on all of them at one point or another."

sactown916712 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2015

"I'm a 24 year old male. Panic disorder and severe anxiety runs in my family. It is hereditary. I seen a Dr at the age of 16 and started on Xanax 0.5mg and Xanax worked till I was 19. My friend gave me a klonopin 1mg tablet during a panic attack while I was with him and had no Xanax with me. I like how klonopin worked compared to Xanax, seen my Dr a week later and at the time was on Xanax XR 2mg 2 tablets twice daily. I asked to switch Klonopin and he put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet taken 5 times daily and it's what I take currently now and keeps the anxiety away."

I'mpjyesimanxious23 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2015

"I was suffering with terrible panic attacks for a few years before the attacks became more and more severe and i was starting to have the panic attacks more often. I hope none of you ever have to go thru even one panic attack. I can't explain fully how they make you feel but I was sure during each time I had one of these attacks that I might actually die. So much starts to happen to my body during an atfack. My heart feels like it is going to literally explode. My breathing becomes hyperventalating. So finally I was prescribed 1mg of klonapin 2 x a day and it has worked wonders in helping stop attacks"

Donnie0315 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2015

"It works. I have panic attacks and then I have severe full blown three days without sleeping panic attacks. I only take 1mg when I am having the severe attacks and I make sure I only take that much. I would say I take maybe 2 mg a month. The reason why is because this really should be used for worst case scenarios and not for moderate anxiety and panic. The withdraws are unbelievably monstrous, worse than anything else. Taking it everyday is a horrible idea because you will never get off unless you go to rehab. Klonopin needs to be used with extreme caution. Get cognitive behavioral therapy for you everyday moderate panic attacks and use klonopin for this emergency "can't get out if this" episodes. It is a tool, not a crutch"

sbeebop April 12, 2015

"Works Amazingly!"

Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2014

"I've been in a trauma back in 1990 a week after I had no clue what was wrong I was guinea pigged with you name in then put on Klonopin 1 mg 9 times a day now was on 4 1 mg cut down to 3. It honesty is the only thing out of everything I've taken that gave me back a normal life it goes straight to my chest and takes ALL my anxiety and panic away. Better than 20 mg Xanax by far because its long lasting. "

Denise 10 October 20, 2014

"I have very bad panic and anxiety attacks. Attack would last for up to 3 to 4 hours. It first started when I was 30 years old and was admitted to a mental institution for a month for my own protection. I am now 46 years old ,when I now feel an attack coming on I can basically control it now and take 1 mg of Klonopin. It does take some time to work, but when it kicks in, it works great. I did at one stage try go off it, but the withdrawals were so bad I had to go back on it. I take 1mg at night and then as needed. To all you people out there who think you are alone with this monster in your head, you are not. Think and say positive thoughts, its works."

cwburke October 1, 2014

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"A very good medication. I never felt so calm in my entire life. Withdrawals from it do suck though. I take it as needed"

SpazzySpazz (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014