User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Review Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Panic Disorder

"I've had panic disorder for 36 years, in addition to ptsd, and ocd. Clonazepam 1mg twice daily has enabled me to have some sort of life. Panic disorder reduces quality of life, and I more or less live in a bubble. However, integrated with CBT, I am finding that my "bubble" is expanding. I'm able to go out of the house, drive, and function throughout the day. After taking it for several years with success, my new psych wants me to discontinue it due to addictive properties. So, back to living in my bubble, I guess. Why do they create a useful medication, and then tell you that you can't take it any longer? Drs overprescribe, FDA cracks down, and those that benefit from it are left in the dirt."

zepheringram (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2015

"This medication has done wonders for me and a lot of other people I know I swear I wouldn't ever wish panic anxiety disorder on my worst enemy's. It is the worst and I'm sure you all know that Klonopin has helped so very much. I Would have to say that it is definitely the best benzo and I have been on all of them at one point or another."

sactown916712 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2015

"I'm a 24 year old male. Panic disorder and severe anxiety runs in my family. It is hereditary. I seen a Dr at the age of 16 and started on Xanax 0.5mg and Xanax worked till I was 19. My friend gave me a klonopin 1mg tablet during a panic attack while I was with him and had no Xanax with me. I like how klonopin worked compared to Xanax, seen my Dr a week later and at the time was on Xanax XR 2mg 2 tablets twice daily. I asked to switch Klonopin and he put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet taken 5 times daily and it's what I take currently now and keeps the anxiety away."

I'mpjyesimanxious23 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2015

"I was suffering with terrible panic attacks for a few years before the attacks became more and more severe and i was starting to have the panic attacks more often. I hope none of you ever have to go thru even one panic attack. I can't explain fully how they make you feel but I was sure during each time I had one of these attacks that I might actually die. So much starts to happen to my body during an atfack. My heart feels like it is going to literally explode. My breathing becomes hyperventalating. So finally I was prescribed 1mg of klonapin 2 x a day and it has worked wonders in helping stop attacks"

Donnie0315 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2015

"It works. I have panic attacks and then I have severe full blown three days without sleeping panic attacks. I only take 1mg when I am having the severe attacks and I make sure I only take that much. I would say I take maybe 2 mg a month. The reason why is because this really should be used for worst case scenarios and not for moderate anxiety and panic. The withdraws are unbelievably monstrous, worse than anything else. Taking it everyday is a horrible idea because you will never get off unless you go to rehab. Klonopin needs to be used with extreme caution. Get cognitive behavioral therapy for you everyday moderate panic attacks and use klonopin for this emergency "can't get out if this" episodes. It is a tool, not a crutch"

sbeebop April 12, 2015

"Works Amazingly!"

Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2014

"I've been in a trauma back in 1990 a week after I had no clue what was wrong I was guinea pigged with you name in then put on Klonopin 1 mg 9 times a day now was on 4 1 mg cut down to 3. It honesty is the only thing out of everything I've taken that gave me back a normal life it goes straight to my chest and takes ALL my anxiety and panic away. Better than 20 mg Xanax by far because its long lasting. "

Denise 10 October 20, 2014

"I have very bad panic and anxiety attacks. Attack would last for up to 3 to 4 hours. It first started when I was 30 years old and was admitted to a mental institution for a month for my own protection. I am now 46 years old ,when I now feel an attack coming on I can basically control it now and take 1 mg of Klonopin. It does take some time to work, but when it kicks in, it works great. I did at one stage try go off it, but the withdrawals were so bad I had to go back on it. I take 1mg at night and then as needed. To all you people out there who think you are alone with this monster in your head, you are not. Think and say positive thoughts, its works."

cwburke October 1, 2014

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"A very good medication. I never felt so calm in my entire life. Withdrawals from it do suck though. I take it as needed"

SpazzySpazz (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

"Great for Panic disorder."

Anne-Ana September 3, 2014

"I first started out on Lamictal and unfortunately got a rash from it. I then was moved onto Ativans and those worked but only for a short period of time. This is by far the best medication, but, it takes a little bit longer to kick in compared to the Ativan. My panic attacks come out of nowhere and it's unfortunate that it doesn't kick in as fast. That's why I gave it an 8."

Pb600004 August 1, 2014

"I'm going through a custody battle right now and this is the ONLY thing getting me through the days with a clear head. My boyfriend after 20 years said if I leave him (he's abusive) that he'd take everything from me. He wasn't kidding. He knows I've suffered with panic disorder since I was 16. My dr put me on Prozac and that's helping a little bit to control crying. But the Klonopin is giving my heart and mind a chance to breathe again when I take it as needed. I take two 0.5/mg sometimes together or apart. Ativan & Xanax never worked on me before. I feel so present in the moment when I take my Klonopin. "

Sleepingbeautay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2014

"I'm diagnosed with Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia. I started to see a doctor at the age of 16. I was on Xanax 1mg till 19-20 years old and it didn't do the trick anymore and made me mean. My doctor put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet 4 times daily and its brought my life back."

Untitled90 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2014

"I was born into the middle of WWII in England and have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Also was sexually assaulted at the age of 4 yrs. I came over here to the States at the age of 13 and it all went downhill from there. I have major depression and have been on Prozac for many, many years. I have also been taking Klonopin for as many years and it has given me some kind of normal life. I used to get the tremors so bad that the ambulance people thought it was a grand mal seizure attack. I still get these attacks once in a while but with the help of Klonopin I can actually calm myself back to a normal state of being. I wouldn't call it a wonder medicine but it certainly helps me."

sugargliderbaby (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2014

"I have anxiety, bipolar disorder and panic disorder & this helped alot with all of those."

Rissa2207 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2014

"I recently switched from Xanax to Klonopin for panic disorder. Klonopin does help me get through the day but doesn't totally eliminate my anxiety. I like the fact that I don't get heavy rebound anxiety on Klonopin (as I did on Xanax) due to its longer half life. Overall quite long lasting, pretty effective, but in the crisis of a panic attack a Xanax is 1000X better for getting through it."

Dandawolf April 1, 2014

"I suffer from Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and some Social Anxiety. I have severe panic attacks and they come on out of no where with no warning. Ill get the derealization in my head and wont know whats going on or feel out of body, dizzy, heart will race, extreme feeling of dying. It will actually physically make me sick. My dr. put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tab 5 times daily when I was 19 and its a wonder drug. I'm 23 now and I'm not panic free completely but when I feel it coming I take a tablet and the fear is all gone in 20 minutes. I'm 23 now and if you take it properly it will help you greatly. Anxiety runs in my family and its a terrible thing. My life is normal thanks to Klonopin."

IamNOTgoingCRAZY90 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 4, 2014

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I slept great but I became extremily sad and disconnected. I developed cold like symptoms; sore throat, congestion, dry mouth. I had to stop taking it. I was only prescribed 0.5 mg."

jules49 October 1, 2013

"I struggled with anxiety and panic disorder most of my life. As a child, I was unable to eat in the cafeteria or read aloud because I hated to be watched by others. Progressively it got worse, peaking when I graduated from college and got my real job. Having tried Buspar, Effexor and Lexapro with no progress but a whole lot of weight gain, I gave up. Finally my doctor offered me 0.5 mg Klonopin prescription and it has been life changing. I have been taking it for about 8 months. My only issue is that he is still suggesting another SSRI which I'm tired of trying. Now he's suggesting Paxil which I don't want. I just want to stick with what I know works right now which is 0.5 mg Klonopin as needed."

Virginia27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2013

"Been on Klonopin for 3 years. Started with 0.5mg twice a day, but only took it in the morning. Built up a tolerance and am now on 1mg every morning. Anxiety is back and doc wants me to take 1.5mg to 2mg every morning. Try to take an extra dose only when panic is close. Afraid to keep increasing this medicine because I want it to work when I really need it."

Strong mind (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2013

"On it for almost 2 years. 8 mg's /day all taken in the morning. Sets me up for the day with no anxiety."

Rickson (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2013

"I have post traumatic stress disorder and PCs. My psychiatrist switched me from Ativan to clonazepam a few weeks ago. It is powerful and effective. I am prescribed 0.5mg 3X daily (and 200mg of sertraline). It lasts a LONG time and can take up to 4 hours to peak, so if you take 0.5mg, wait a half hour, (decide its not working) and take another half. I now take a quarter of a pill (0.25mg) at a time and give it at LEAST 2 hours to kick in (because I like being able to leave the house once in a while)."

S3E3 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2013

"I take 0.5 mg twice daily - actually Xanax worked slightly better, but my doctor believes Klonopon has less risk of addiction, so he prescribed it for long term use, which I need to treat panic disorder. My panic disorder emerged as a young child and then went into remission from my twenties through my early forties, only to crop up again a few months ago. I take 100 mg of Zoloft for depression and the Klonopin for the panic and I have my life back. I do get a little tired each day, but my range of emotions are normal, not desperate, hopeless and fraught with terror of panic. These medicines area a God send and I thank God daily for them."

heidibsmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2013

"Completely changed my life for the better. I've had panic attacks for as long as I can remember, literally. I should have been diagnosed at a young age and who knows how things would have turned out, BUT it does help tremendously. I get that doctors are hesitant to prescribe it because it is scheduled and realistically you will be on benzocdiazepines forever if you have serious panic problems like I do, and I know many of you know how debilitating this disease is. But what is better; intractable panic all day with your teeth being ground down and your BP 200/120, or being on a relatively harmless controlled substance that can give you a life? Not a hard choice to me!"

donaldeasterling (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2013

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with bipolar at 12. Been on probably every medicine out there. At 20 got pregnant with my baby girl, after having her at 21 had crazy panic attacks and anxiety never in my life have I had that. I started on 2mg of Xanax 3x a day felt so doped. Went to Klonopins and they have even stopped my bipolar meds CRAZY! IT WORKS WONDERS, BEEN ON FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS. "

ash33112790 June 24, 2013