User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Panic Disorder

Review by Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month):

Works Amazingly!

October 26, 2014 10:20 PM

Review by Denise 10:

I've been in a trauma back in 1990 a week after I had no clue what was wrong I was guinea pigged with you name in then put on Klonopin 1 mg 9 times a day now was on 4 1 mg cut down to 3. It honesty is the only thing out of everything I've taken that gave me back a normal life it goes straight to my chest and takes ALL my anxiety and panic away. Better than 20 mg Xanax by far because its long lasting.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2014 7:40 PM

Review by cwburke:

I have very bad panic and anxiety attacks. Attack would last for up to 3 to 4 hours. It first started when I was 30 years old and was admitted to a mental institution for a month for my own protection. I am now 46 years old ,when I now feel an attack coming on I can basically control it now and take 1 mg of Klonopin. It does take some time to work, but when it kicks in, it works great. I did at one stage try go off it, but the withdrawals were so bad I had to go back on it. I take 1mg at night and then as needed. To all you people out there who think you are alone with this monster in your head, you are not. Think and say positive thoughts, its works.

October 1, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by SpazzySpazz (taken for less than 1 month):

A very good medication. I never felt so calm in my entire life. Withdrawals from it do suck though. I take it as needed

September 18, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by Anne-Ana:

Great for Panic disorder.

September 3, 2014 1:40 PM

Review by Pb600004:

I first started out on Lamictal and unfortunately got a rash from it. I then was moved onto Ativans and those worked but only for a short period of time. This is by far the best medication, but, it takes a little bit longer to kick in compared to the Ativan. My panic attacks come out of nowhere and it's unfortunate that it doesn't kick in as fast. That's why I gave it an 8.

August 1, 2014 5:56 AM

Review by Sleepingbeautay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm going through a custody battle right now and this is the ONLY thing getting me through the days with a clear head. My boyfriend after 20 years said if I leave him (he's abusive) that he'd take everything from me. He wasn't kidding. He knows I've suffered with panic disorder since I was 16. My dr put me on Prozac and that's helping a little bit to control crying. But the Klonopin is giving my heart and mind a chance to breathe again when I take it as needed. I take two 0.5/mg sometimes together or apart. Ativan & Xanax never worked on me before. I feel so present in the moment when I take my Klonopin.

June 19, 2014 8:14 PM

Review by Untitled90 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I'm diagnosed with Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia. I started to see a doctor at the age of 16. I was on Xanax 1mg till 19-20 years old and it didn't do the trick anymore and made me mean. My doctor put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet 4 times daily and its brought my life back.

May 26, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by sugargliderbaby (taken for 10 years or more):

I was born into the middle of WWII in England and have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Also was sexually assaulted at the age of 4 yrs. I came over here to the States at the age of 13 and it all went downhill from there. I have major depression and have been on Prozac for many, many years. I have also been taking Klonopin for as many years and it has given me some kind of normal life. I used to get the tremors so bad that the ambulance people thought it was a grand mal seizure attack. I still get these attacks once in a while but with the help of Klonopin I can actually calm myself back to a normal state of being. I wouldn't call it a wonder medicine but it certainly helps me.

May 12, 2014 6:39 PM

Review by Rissa2207 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have anxiety, bipolar disorder and panic disorder & this helped alot with all of those.

May 2, 2014 5:31 AM

Review by Dandawolf:

I recently switched from Xanax to Klonopin for panic disorder. Klonopin does help me get through the day but doesn't totally eliminate my anxiety. I like the fact that I don't get heavy rebound anxiety on Klonopin (as I did on Xanax) due to its longer half life. Overall quite long lasting, pretty effective, but in the crisis of a panic attack a Xanax is 1000X better for getting through it.

April 1, 2014 8:22 AM

Review by IamNOTgoingCRAZY90 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I suffer from Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and some Social Anxiety. I have severe panic attacks and they come on out of no where with no warning. Ill get the derealization in my head and wont know whats going on or feel out of body, dizzy, heart will race, extreme feeling of dying. It will actually physically make me sick. My dr. put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tab 5 times daily when I was 19 and its a wonder drug. I'm 23 now and I'm not panic free completely but when I feel it coming I take a tablet and the fear is all gone in 20 minutes. I'm 23 now and if you take it properly it will help you greatly. Anxiety runs in my family and its a terrible thing. My life is normal thanks to Klonopin.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2014 5:59 AM

Review by jules49:

I slept great but I became extremily sad and disconnected. I developed cold like symptoms; sore throat, congestion, dry mouth. I had to stop taking it. I was only prescribed 0.5 mg.

October 1, 2013 11:59 PM

Review by Virginia27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I struggled with anxiety and panic disorder most of my life. As a child, I was unable to eat in the cafeteria or read aloud because I hated to be watched by others. Progressively it got worse, peaking when I graduated from college and got my real job. Having tried Buspar, Effexor and Lexapro with no progress but a whole lot of weight gain, I gave up. Finally my doctor offered me 0.5 mg Klonopin prescription and it has been life changing. I have been taking it for about 8 months. My only issue is that he is still suggesting another SSRI which I'm tired of trying. Now he's suggesting Paxil which I don't want. I just want to stick with what I know works right now which is 0.5 mg Klonopin as needed.

September 29, 2013 8:26 AM

Review by Strong mind (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Been on Klonopin for 3 years. Started with 0.5mg twice a day, but only took it in the morning. Built up a tolerance and am now on 1mg every morning. Anxiety is back and doc wants me to take 1.5mg to 2mg every morning. Try to take an extra dose only when panic is close. Afraid to keep increasing this medicine because I want it to work when I really need it.

September 25, 2013 3:23 PM

Review by Rickson (taken for 1 to 2 years):

On it for almost 2 years. 8 mg's /day all taken in the morning. Sets me up for the day with no anxiety.

August 28, 2013 9:26 AM

Review by S3E3 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have post traumatic stress disorder and PCs. My psychiatrist switched me from Ativan to clonazepam a few weeks ago. It is powerful and effective. I am prescribed 0.5mg 3X daily (and 200mg of sertraline). It lasts a LONG time and can take up to 4 hours to peak, so if you take 0.5mg, wait a half hour, (decide its not working) and take another half. I now take a quarter of a pill (0.25mg) at a time and give it at LEAST 2 hours to kick in (because I like being able to leave the house once in a while).

August 7, 2013 8:34 PM

Review by heidibsmom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I take 0.5 mg twice daily - actually Xanax worked slightly better, but my doctor believes Klonopon has less risk of addiction, so he prescribed it for long term use, which I need to treat panic disorder. My panic disorder emerged as a young child and then went into remission from my twenties through my early forties, only to crop up again a few months ago. I take 100 mg of Zoloft for depression and the Klonopin for the panic and I have my life back. I do get a little tired each day, but my range of emotions are normal, not desperate, hopeless and fraught with terror of panic. These medicines area a God send and I thank God daily for them.

August 4, 2013 11:11 PM

Review by donaldeasterling (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Completely changed my life for the better. I've had panic attacks for as long as I can remember, literally. I should have been diagnosed at a young age and who knows how things would have turned out, BUT it does help tremendously. I get that doctors are hesitant to prescribe it because it is scheduled and realistically you will be on benzocdiazepines forever if you have serious panic problems like I do, and I know many of you know how debilitating this disease is. But what is better; intractable panic all day with your teeth being ground down and your BP 200/120, or being on a relatively harmless controlled substance that can give you a life? Not a hard choice to me!

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2013 12:41 AM

Review by ash33112790:

I was diagnosed with bipolar at 12. Been on probably every medicine out there. At 20 got pregnant with my baby girl, after having her at 21 had crazy panic attacks and anxiety never in my life have I had that. I started on 2mg of Xanax 3x a day felt so doped. Went to Klonopins and they have even stopped my bipolar meds CRAZY! IT WORKS WONDERS, BEEN ON FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS.

June 24, 2013 8:42 AM

Review by Animal46 (taken for less than 1 month):

46 years old and suffered from untreated anxiety since I was 12. Last December had my first panic attack and everything went to hell after that. Doc put me on 0.05 mg Klonopin 1 x a day which I split up and take one half in the morning and half before bed. Also take 10 mg Celexa as well, which seems to work well together with the Klonopin. Needless to say the last week since I've started these I've been better, more motivated and not so anxious, not to mention sleeping all the way through the night. People say don't take Klonopin daily or watch out for withdrawal from long term use? Why stop using it if it has been working for years? Think about what your life was like before using it..cannot have been pleasant. It helps some people live better.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 23, 2013 11:07 AM

Review by liaa (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have panic disorder....very effective.

May 6, 2013 11:08 PM

Review by Mo Jee:

In my opinion this medicine is great. It feels good to be able to go outdoors with confidence. No more anxiety dizziness, I can say hello to a nice girl at a coffee shop or even read a book without thinking everyone is looking and laughing at me. This medicine worked for me. I now go to the gym and have friends, and have a lively weekly routine. I slowly want to see if I can handle life without them but I always keep them around just in case I have an attack. Good luck guys.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2013 7:43 PM

Review by papadave:

Was totally lost, unable to work, even come out of my room. Still not perfect but a huge improvement. Able to even travel a little.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2013 3:49 PM

Review by rkya2121 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Honestly this medication is amazing. The only draw back is that some Dr.'s don't want to prescribe it because it is a controlled substance. I feel so normal when I take this. I deal with heavy anxiety. My panic attacks are an everyday battle. From the heart attack feeling, sweaty palms, closed throat, difficulty breathing, feeling like I'm dying and unable to work, drive, or get out of my bed this medication has given me my life back. I have 3 small children to care for and they need me! I am a much calmer mother. I have anger issues too. This medication helped me deal with my infuriating anxiety. I was so sick of feeling doomed and I hated feeling so weak. I have been on it for 6 Years. No complaints.

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2013 2:03 AM