User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 2 reviews 54 medications

8.5
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 562 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Alprazolam

Review by sam ann m:

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I started this medicine about 2 months ago for severe anxiety. I tried everything they had out there for anxiety but nothing worked until now. I still get a panic attack once in a while but something I can handle. Anxiety cause me to have heart disease and other problem health issues. I recommend Xanax XR.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2014 5:44 AM

Review by Kathy mom:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I thought this medicine might help with the onset of an atrial fibrillation attack and it does! Not a guarantee but very often helps especially at night when I feel something coming on...it allows me to fall into a deeper sleep which at times kicks the onset. Also very useful for anxiousness, as documented. I do not take it daily, only when needed.

July 11, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by Lisa AB:

For Anxiety: Works well for anxiety attack.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by Cortneyrb:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I take 0.25mg three times a day for panic attacks. I wish I could say Xanax stops the panic attacks completely, but it only lessons the symptoms until I feel okay enough to calm myself down with breathing exercises. Other than that--- Xanax is a miracle.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Ashley O. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I get intense panic attacks. Xanax is very effective at working quickly to stop a panic attack. It saved my life, until after a few months I tried to stop taking it and got horrible withdrawals. I felt like I was dying, my anxiety was worse than it had ever been in my life, high blood pressure (and mine is naturally low), tachycardia, hallucinations, tremors. I hope anyone considering taking Xanax takes it at a low dose and not daily. If daily, do not quit cold turkey.

July 4, 2014 7:56 PM

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: This medication works great for anxiety if taken the correct way.

June 19, 2014 4:54 PM

Review by TjIz:

For Panic Disorder: Okay for panic disorder.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 9:52 PM

Review by Shanae r:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: First time taking Xanax today and I feel great! The doctor prescribed me 0.5mg every 6 hours but I took a 0.25 and it helped tremendously! I am calm and able to function. All those anxious and negative thoughts just slip away.

May 21, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by pillpoppin me2esc squad 215 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: This worked great.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 9:44 PM

Review by chig81:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: This medication has helped me live a normal life well more normal. I don't worry much about nothing and I can go into Walmart and feel comfortable. My social life is improving as well. There were times I couldn't get myself to interact with people sometimes I wouldn't even answer the phone. I've only been on this medicine for a little over a month it has truly been a lifesaver. I am sleeping like a baby I can't remember the last time I've struggled to calm down and go to sleep only to wake up several times a night using the bathroom or just couldn't relax. My quality of life is getting much better.

May 7, 2014 9:34 AM

Review by CrazyBeautiful21:

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: No side effects, effectively reduced my anxiety.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 7:59 PM

Review by mr l:

For Tinnitus: I was dignosed 2 years ago with hearing loss related tinnitus. The hissing was so loud I could not sleep. I tried masking devices, supplements, etc and nothing worked. My doctor prescribed Xanax to relax me enough to get some rest at night. After 2 nights, the hissing subsided during the day. Now some days I have little or no head noise. I continue to take Xanax with no side effects except being a little tired in the afternoon. Please try this medicine if your tinnitus is interfering with your life. Talk to your doctor about dosage.

May 1, 2014 3:46 PM

Review by NotBillGates (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: The only medication that stops my paralyzing panic attacks. Generally works within 10 minutes. Side effects are non-existent.

April 27, 2014 12:30 PM

Review by LB42 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Xanax (ALPRAZOLAM) is the only medicine I can take that will stop Panic Attacks, quickly. Some panic attacks require 2mgs tabs or 2- 1mg tabs. My Panic can start with or without any triggers. Anxiety attacks are different from panic. Panic screws up your whole day, anxiety attacks are more like stress.

April 24, 2014 9:04 PM

Review by chriwa:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have experienced anxiety since being diagnosed with Cancer 4 years ago. I use 0.5 MG's twice daily and stick to this dosage given to me by my doctor. It helps me tremendously. I have tried to step off it several times and found it very difficult. Will remain on it for as long as I need it. It improves my life quality and keeps panic and anxiety at bay.

April 17, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by NEK (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Yeah, it works. Some people are more sensitive than others. Generally, you take a pill (depends on dosage) and you just start feeling your tight chest and stomach release, and I notice I begin breathing more calmly and normally. Just feels good all over, which is such a contrast from the horrors of anxiety. It can make you a little sleepy. I think for 'normal people' it would make them very sleepy. For 'anxious' people, I think it makes you normal and relaxed. The one problem is that if you take it too much, like three days in a row, the effect is reduced and you have to 'up' the dosage. I think it works best for occasional use, like before a difficult situation or when you're just having a lot of anxiety and need calm.

April 14, 2014 2:04 PM

Review by your nickname:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Extremely helpful!

April 9, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by Interstellar117 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: This works effectively for anxiety as well as sleeping problems. It doesn't impair my cognitive abilities. It is not addictive to me, however the only problem is getting off Xanax and the backlash effect it creates. I have successfully used Tranxene to bridge this gap and taper off safely. I rate it a 9 1/2; it has been a true miracle when I needed it most!

April 2, 2014 7:53 PM

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: A miracle pill for the worst of panic attacks. Nothing compares to the effectiveness of Xanax.

April 1, 2014 8:11 AM

Review by Lostangel67:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I was very uneasy always sad, lost how to be happy, jumpy at the slightest things and panic and from the second or third pill began to feel a difference. I felt like I could have fun again or really smile at least. It is like my brain needed a little help adjusting to difficult situations.

March 31, 2014 7:21 PM

Review by studentRN33:

For Depression: Take as prescribed! Can save your life as far as the downward cycle that starts with stress, then no sleep, then more Stress, then less sleep, then depression, and repeat ad infitum. If taken safely, exercise, therapy, etc. YES.

March 25, 2014 9:35 PM

Review by Huey1987 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I should start by letting you know that I was an addict of medicines (and having been through treatment, now enjoy 2 years and 9 months of sobriety) but I am also a sufferer of a wretched case of anxiety complete with full blown crippling panic attacks. Which I have suffered from for many years, but upon completing treatment for my recreational use and now being honest with doctors it was very difficult for that reason to get one to prescribe something that would help my condition. When I found one that would I would have to have my wife allocate the Xanax out to me but I will say it has helped and worked wonders. IN MODERATION!!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2014 6:57 PM

Review by nemj:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Works almost immediately. Gets rid of chest tightness, anger, emotional rollercoaster. Just doesn't last a full 8 hours.

March 11, 2014 2:22 AM

Review by Newmannation100:

For Anxiety: Taking a 2mg bar when I feel anxiety coming on, helps tremendously. Only negative effect is that I completely blackout and can't remember what I did, or what happened.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2014 7:34 AM

Review by Cal~ (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have to start by saying that I'm fearful of medications for starters, secondly I have dealt with anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia for many years now! I'm not housebound but do have a small neighborhood radius of "comfort". I have in the past felt shamed of my condition as I thought I was unique and alone and somewhat embarrassed to try to explain my irrational feelings and thoughts, which I have learned since that they are entirely "made up" and thoughts lead to feelings that lead to behaviors all of which can be undone with the help of medicine, therapy, relaxation techniques, journaling, diet, exercise and not being afraid to open up about your anxiety. You are NOT alone! Learn to RELAX it WORKS.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2014 3:28 PM