User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 2 reviews 53 medications

Depression 60 reviews 76 medications

8.6
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 658 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Alprazolam

For Anxiety: "I'm a 22 yr old female who has been on countless medications for my aniexty/depression combo. After my mother told me alprazol was the only medication that helps her I decided to get a perscription as well. I work two very different, stressful jobs. I have blacked out before at one of these places after a severe anixety attack. Now before I go into work, I take half a pill (.50mg) and it really helps me get a grip on my anxiety before it gets out of hand. Halfway through my workday, I'll take the second half of the pill if I'm struggling. It has also definitely helped me with my awful irritability."

ayemae July 27, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was diagnosed with " Bilateral Sensorneural Conductive Hearing Loss" severe nerve damage from the ear to the brain. It caused me SEVERE Panic Disorder w/Agoraphobia and Major Depressive Disorder. My brain is sending me mixed signals. We are still working on finding out why, or if, this nerve causes these disorders they started at the same time I started getting these blarring fog horn sounds in my ears 24/7. I took my 0.5 mg xanax about 10 days ago and OMG..for the 1st time in 3 yrs I slept, had no attacks which I had up to 6x a day, no depression, little to no mixed brain signals, no suicidal thoughts, I'm starting to get functional, no crazy thoughts, I even went out of the house and socialized again ! :) I still need to be diagnosed though."

ontherox (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "Xanax 1mg t.i.d. has helped me plenty with my depression and panic disorder that said I find it as the best benzodiazepine for my condition !"

john bear (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Truly a miracle pill! Starting have severe anxiety attacks out of nowhere (heart palpation, numbness in arms and legs, dizzy, tremors) and with 15 to 20 mins I feel normal again! I would advise to only take when desperately need to because I can see how they can become addictive! I take .5mg but will start to cut that in half a lower dosage is always better if it works. I have only been taking for one week, so far so good, and no side effects to report."

Hollywood2015 July 19, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I've had vertigo for three years now due to a head injury. This cause inner ear damage and I have chronic dizzy spells. I have tried every medication out there and was introduce to Xanax at a Urgent Care Clinic. BINGO! Finally, I found something that works. It also the only medication that helps me sleep. I don't know what I'd do without it. Addicting but at least I can make it better with Xanax."

Jebster July 16, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Xanax is by far the best anti anxiety medication on the market. I take it as needed and it works within minutes. I can't stand doctors who talk bad about the medication and how addictive it can be. People will aduse anything and every thing. Xanax is amazing and I take it as needed, not like an addict would."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 15, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "My first experience was when I quick smoking. 7 months after I had stopped I developed severe anxiety and panic attacks. It took 3 months to figure out what was going on. The neurosurgeon prescribed it to me and told me to take it immediately and call back in 30 minutes. O M G!!! What a miracle that was. I took it for 2 months, switch to Zoloft, then back to the Cigs. Thank God for E-Cigs. Now several years later. Tinnitus hit me. Mine is very weird as it comes and goes in cycles. After seeing every doctor known to man, my ENT finally had me try Xanax so I could sleep at night. OMG...what a difference. I take .5mg at bedtime every-night. I sleep find. Feel great. And generally in a good mood."

Happy In Duluth Ga July 14, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on every medication out there to help with my anxiety,/depression. I was taking effexor which worked at first but I noticed that my head was just filled with unnecessary garbage to say the least. My Dr took me off of the effexor and replaced it with brintellix and saphris which really helped my moods and depression. But my anxiety was still affecting me to the point I thought I was having a stroke. He prescribed my 1 mg of Xanax 3 times a day and wow! The difference is night and day! I am actually able to function normally and am so relieved. I'm still scared to be taking it because of the addiction that can come with it, but with my Dr's guidance I am feeling better about this medication. My anxiety has subsided! Grateful!"

Borderline babe (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I started this medication after developing a moderate/serve anxiety disorder after my grandfather passed unexpectedly, I was started on .25mg to to take twice a day and it had absolutely NO effect on me. If anything it made me anxiety symptoms worse and my breathing more shallow & panicked. The only thing the medication was good for was to help me sleep. Other than that it did not clear any anxious thoughts or take any of the edge off my anxiety. I would not recommend it for constant anxiety/anxious thoughts. I've heard it's only good for killing quick burst panic attacks. Has no affect on long term anxious thoughts."

Lexi_Lee (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Alpraxolam helps with the anxiety attacks but did not stop them, withdrawal from it sucks big time. I would not recommend taking it if there is any alternative."

frustrated and stressed June 20, 2015

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was originally just on the regular XANAX for year's and at first it helped and then it wore off and wasn't affective. My Doctor searched and searched for another medication that would be very effective especially because I have "LUPUS" and have been having severe anxiety and depression I really had to be on something before I stressed my "Lupus" to flair up! So XANAX XR was recommended , and OMG this XR is so amazing and very effective. I absolutely love it! It helped with anxiety, depression and sleep! I t works wonders and I totally recommend it to anyone."

Bosslady Neale June 16, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax may have saved my life. In the early nineties I was a young man pursuing my ambitions career, cars and women. Whatever I have done / experienced led me to be violent in my reaction to assholes. Also mom raised me as she went through menopause and was volatile. I was dangerously aggressive in my early 30's. xnx worked with no side affects noticed, sleepiness at first, that's all.I sought xnx because it made me feel like I should, calm, thus able to focus. Did well all these years. I got laid off, Doc retired and I can't find a local doc to prescribe. The system took it away, Clandestine alternatives are expensive, risking life, limb and employment, Docs are ignorant sometimes."

ishcabbible June 13, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Had panic disorder since 1977. GP had me on Serepax for a long time and was finally sent to see a Psychiatrist who prescribed Xanax 1mg. ( that was when I was working.) I had a drinking problem ( just beer ) for many years and finally ordered to give that away after blood tests showed my liver was being affected. After I retired, (2001), I was booze free but still on the Xanax until recently when my Psych said he would like very much to wean me off the Xanax (now Alprazolam) as the panic is under control. He has also stressed not to take the medication if not needed and keep a diary. So here I am cutting back the Alprazolam to just a 1/4 of a 2mg tablet in the morning and same in the evening. (13th June 2015)."

Mr. K. (taken for 10 years or more) June 12, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "In 2007 I started having what I now know panic attacks, but didn't know it at the time my doctor sent my blood in for testing, trying to figure out why I'm having to pull over when driving cuz I think I'm going to pass out due to hyperventilation. First I thought I was having low blood sugar but a few weeks later at my follow up appt. My doctor said " you're having major panic attacks I believe.".. I tried every anxiety medication there is trying to feel better.Then my Dr. Gave me 1mg alpazolam every 6 hours as needed. I still take xanex and 20mg of lexapro to this day. Just having a xanex bar in my pocket helps prevent attacks, today I get 45 2mg bars and I make sure I try to take no xanex a few times a week so I don't become dependent"

Conrad Mc June 7, 2015

For Anxiety: "Alprazolam offers a "cleaner" anxiolytic effect for me compared to Ativan. The "waviness" in lorazepam isn't present in Xanax, though at the 0.75mg dosage level and above I do get a bit of confusion sometimes. 0.5mg works well in a subtle way, though it can be tempting to want to bring up the dose a bit - I had a panic attack while on the medicine at 0.5mg and I couldn't get rid of it until I had taken 1.5mg - and I fell asleep. All in all, Xanax works for anxiety."

eliteloaf June 6, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking xanax when I was fifteen. I only take them when I have an anxiety attack and they are the only thing that helps. I am now 23 and still only take them as needed. They work within a short amount of time & soothe all symptoms even my muscle spasms."

cecesue (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 2, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Recently was prescribed Klonopin because my doctor didn't like how Xanax had such a quick onset but also quick fall. I was okay with the change initially because even at 0.5mg, Xanax would make me so sleepy I couldn't function. That made it pretty impossible to take during any day panic. I've been have anxiety the last couple days, so I took a Klonopin last night hoping that I would wake with a sense of calm like I usually did with the Xanax. Nope...the anxiety is actually worse. Xanax isn't perfect; like I said, I generally try not to take it unless I am at home, so I've suffered a lot when I shouldn't have had to, but it has a much more calming affect than Klonopin is giving me. I never took it long-term - only as needed."

AmyJoK June 2, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I only take as needed, and it usually works awesome. Even knowing i have it as backup reduces my anxiety. It works best if taken before a stressful event but having a TBI makes remembering difficult. It also works better for me since i don't have to take daily on a schedule like other anxiety medications"

Kristara (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 2, 2015

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Depression: "When you are depressed it's hard to want to take the effort to feel better such as exercise, walking, friends company. The XR version I feel is less for panic attack (prevention instead) and more of a mood elevator daily. Social anxiety is curbed, and being able to go outside the house and hang with friends has helped my depression so much. It helps prevent and end negative thoughts throughout the day and makes your brain to think calmly. It lasts about 12 hours or so, then I take an IR in the afternoon to relax and fall asleep. The best part is not having to carry around a controlled substance all day."

Evilmage (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Really does help with anxiety/panic attacks, but has nasty withdrawals. I was prescribed .5mg 3x a day, and whenever I moved, my new doctor stopped prescribing me them, pretty much forcing me to quit cold turkey. Worst month of my life, and it only exacerbated my anxiety in the end."

pulledover (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax helped me major status! When I was 22 years old tried spice its a messed up chemical synthetic THC bull.. anyways I smoked three bowls and then boom I couldn't breath my hands and muscles tightened up and I couldn't move. And my chest felt like I had 500 pounds on it! I thought I was dying and my whole body was tingly! Went to the hospital and they diagnose with GAD and panic disorder. For three months I did not leave my house and I thought I was dying 50% of the time. So my doctor put me on Ativan for a month I stopped taking it in 5 days. I felt like I was going insane. So I was given. Xanax for a month. The first time taking it BOOM it all stopped I was a normal person it helped me get over all my panic attacks! 0.5Mg as needed!"

kylebsmith (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I hear a lot of people saying the same thing about this being sort of like a miracle drug that is what my psychiatrist and dr call to. It is quite amazing how you can be going through a full blown panic anxiety attack and just not too long after taking xanax. It's like night and day. It's definitely good to have one of these on hand if you suffer from anxiety or panic disorder. Sometimes just knowing I have it and helps me. anyway 10 out of 10 very addictive but definitely works. As long as you're not popping them every couple hours I think most people on here will find that it works great.."

sactown916712 May 26, 2015

For Anxiety: "I love you xanax Ihate you xanax"

assgoal420 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "It's amazing how many symptoms come about because of anxiety: chest pain, chest squeezing, dizziness, light-headed feelings, feeling faint, sweating, nausea, heart palpitations. I could go on. Xanax is practically a miracle drug. It stops most of these symptoms cold after about 45 minutes of taking it. You feel better, and you look back at one hour ago, and you're bewildered that stress and anxiety caused you to feel so badly."

Ken0808 May 14, 2015

For Tinnitus: "I have OCD & health anxiety I been taking Xanax for the past year & now I develop tinnitus. I really don't know what caused my ears to ring but that's the only prescribed drug I'm taking right now I only take it at night because it helps me sleep but sometimes I take another pill in the morning . The milligrams is the low 0.5"

Sylvixen (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2015