User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 2 reviews 54 medications

8.6
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 613 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Alprazolam

Review by chris3545 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: Xanax has helped me so much for my depression and panic attacks. Even has helped a lot with my obsessive compulsive disorder. I don't have nearly as many compulsions since I've started taking it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 12:25 PM

Review by Smokeywho:

For Anxiety: I was on Ativan (Lorazepam) for awhile but found it highly addicting. I switched to Xanax (alprazolam) and it's fast acting and settles your anxiousness, sense of panic, and has a calming effect. I take them as needed. But if I have had a long stretch of taking them, it's not difficult to lower the dose and take them as needed. Your body doesn't go into absolute fits or seizures (as Ativan does). I'll take this forever. It's helped me live more normally.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2015 8:45 AM

Review by BellaLuna003 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I take a small dosage as needed and it's very helpful in keeping my anxiety under control.

February 5, 2015 9:30 PM

Review by adams123:

For Tinnitus: I have had this constant ringing in my ear for years now up until today I didn't even know there was a name for it but after reading all these testimonials I tried a Xanax and finally some relief! For people who have this you know what I mean. Thank God for Xanax.

January 31, 2015 3:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Severe withdrawal

January 28, 2015 10:50 AM

Review by MeSklawz:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Xanax works almost immediately when I'm having a panic attack. I have tried a lot of different "newer" antidepressants and they always have weird side effects. Then the doctor says to keep taking them for weeks to work.

January 25, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by fastram:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Rash, dry eye, dry mouth, dry skin, sore tongue and throat, cramps.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 6:18 PM

Review by BigMoma46:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have been on Xanax 1mg twice a day and it has been a God send. I suffer from panic attacks and actually had to be hospitalized, I was placed on Klonopin and then I was switched to Xanax first at 0.5 mg than to 1mg it's a wonderful medicine however be very aware of this medicine being very addictive.

January 15, 2015 5:43 PM

Review by Theresapillforthat:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I first started taking 0.25 mg. It worked like a miracle pill. I was also having trouble sleeping. I tried everything antidepressant, Ambien, Lunesta, Restoril you name it I tried it . Now after 3 hrs on Xanax I use a 1 mg pill before bed and I sleep like a rock and very rarely do I have a attack during the next day. If I do I take 0.25 mg and in 15 min I'm fine. For me it took care of both sleeping and panic attacks!

January 14, 2015 10:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I use this infrequently, but it's been effective each time. I take for anxiety and high stress situations, but also to calm my brain so I can get a good nights sleep! Works fast and slows me down but in a good way.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2015 9:27 PM

Review by Curleyjoe (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: 1mg of alprazolam XR at night and sleep like a baby. No side effects, no need to increase the dose. It's a wonder medicine for me because I can't stop my mind racing. But this does.

January 11, 2015 11:02 PM

Review by ARJC (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: This medication has helped me a lot it keeps me calm and it's fast acting just take them as prescribed!

January 8, 2015 1:41 PM

Review by cucupuffs (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: I have dealt with depression, anxiety, social phobia or social anxiety which ever label they want to use for it these days. I have dealt with these issues pretty much since kindergarten. Well mainly the extreme social phobia/anxiety at that time which they used to just call "shy". When I was 18 and was seeing a psychologist he diagnosed me as having agoraphobia, I'm guessing because they really didn't have the term "social phobia/anxiety" at that time. I finally started taking Paxil and it worked good for 10 yrs then I maxed out on dosage and it stopped working. Tried all the other SSRI's/SSNRI's. Effexor XR worked best but didn't help anxiety/or social phobia issues. Got on Klonopin, then Xanax eventually. Benzodiazepines are life savers for socialphobia.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2015 9:14 PM

Review by Big Eagle (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: I've suffered from generalized anxiety for 25 years. At one point I could barely leave my house. Afraid to drive on bridges, tunnels, fly... I even had anxiety about taking taking anxiety medication. Xanax was a game changer for me! I rarely take it, but I've Taken trips I never thought I would be able to take. Get this, I was even able to skydive! Not bad for an agoraphobic. It builds confidence. Just having it in my pocket really helps. I had to take a .5 mg dose tonight because I've been in panic mode for five days and I finally needed to reset my mental state. I think David Burn's "feeling good handbook," is an awesome tool too. I'm rambling because after 5 days of super anxiety, I finally took a .5 and now I feel great.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2015 6:01 AM

Review by proselytise (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: On 0.5 mg with 20mg escitalopram at day time and 0.5 mg clonazepam at sleep. Nice medicine and completely drives away my anxiety, especially the running heartbeat and sweaty palms using also propranolol 20 mg, for social anxiety disorder and racing thoughts, would rate it 10 if my concentration in studying would not have decreased due to one of above mentioned medicines. Overall good, taking it since past 5 months.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2014 4:54 AM

Review by jreppoh:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: 30 years of Xanax at 1mg 3x a day. I miss the passion that my husband and I have but my body is numb. I have a my perfect husband so I pretend. Xanax will RUIN your sex life and take a lot from you if you take it for years like I have. They hardly work at all now and I am having lots of problems trying to stop. Beware because at first they are wonderful.

December 18, 2014 5:16 AM

Review by A. Perez (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Great for what it is meant for but a huge risk factor for dependency. If you can your better off taking Lexapro.

December 17, 2014 3:56 PM

Review by Mozes:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Takes away all anxiety and stress. I have GAD SAD and PTSD.

December 13, 2014 4:03 PM

Review by TheRXQueen (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Works very well for anxiety. The best way to take these types of medicines is to take them as needed. Some doctors will tell you to take them everyday as prescribed, but I found in my 20 years of experience with Xanax that taking them everyday is an easy way for it to become habit forming and addictive. When I take them as needed I don't become dependent on them. I think doctors disagree with this method because they feel that you need to counter the anxiety before you get it and that way you can learn to tolerate it. I have tried using Xanax both ways, it's nice not having anxiety, but your body and mind will adapt to the dosage and if you take it long enough you will find you need a higher dose to feel like you did.

December 12, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by lisarene729 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Calms me down, allows me to focus at work and not dwell on my depression and anxiety. I am currently on 0.5mg twice a day and have noticed it is not effective as it was at beginning of treatment. I have appointment next week to review with my doctor where he may have me take 1 mg twice a day. Glad I am finally seeing light at end of tunnel after 20 years of claustrophobia and depression.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I noticed my memory was very much affected on Xanax. This is the quickest working benzo in my opinion, but does not last long. Also, the withdrawals from Xanax were more severe than the withdrawals from the other benzos I've been on. It works great for some people, but not so much for me.

December 5, 2014 8:11 PM

Review by Male_24_Caucasian (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: In my experience, alprazolam can be extremely effective against anxiety, considerably addictive, and can easily create tolerance if the dosages are not carefully managed. It should not be used as a sleeping aid, since it tends to lose its hypnotic effects after some time of continuous usage. To avoid the tolerance and addictive issues, I recommend people to only take alprazolam in or before moments of anxiety. For cases of social anxiety, I recommend one to take alprazolam, 2 hours before social interaction. The dosage is, in my view, subjective, thus one should discover his optimal dosage, on an incremental basis. I personally take 1 to 1.5mg, 2 hours before leaving home, and then sustain it throughout the day with 1mg individual dosages.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2014 5:56 PM

Review by Jundibasam (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Acts very quickly and definitely feel the calming effect. The only downsides is that it doesn't last very long (2-3 hrs max, maybe even less) and you quickly build up a tolerance for it so you end up having to take much more the more you use it.

December 1, 2014 9:16 AM

Review by Elena soler (taken for less than 1 month):

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Just started taking this medication. It made me feel better right away just still have to continue taking it or I will catch another panic attack anxiety attack and depression. I don't need that to happen in my life. I'm going to just continue taking this new medication.

November 29, 2014 11:06 PM

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Only benzodiazepine that worked completely. Been on all the others. Have tried antidepressants with negative results. So at the correct dose. Alprazolam is what I consider the hardest working anxiety and stress reliever available.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 12:01 AM