Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 2 reviews 54 medications

8.5
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 621 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Alprazolam

Review by Bonniebleu (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I'm tried other anti-anxiety meds., but Xanax is the only one that keeps my panic disorder in check, and I'm had several others prescribed that were no effective. I take 1 mg. 3Xdaily.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2015 4:05 PM

Review by Only 16:

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I was very young and I would get a feeling of not being able to breathe so I would lay down breathe slowly and that was not helping me anymore so I was put on Xanax I didn't even have to take all that was perscribed that is how well it helped

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2015 9:19 AM

Review by Will Robinson (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Takes away anxiety and panic attacks very well.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2015 2:47 AM

Review by Estrellitas (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I have been taking this medication for about 5 years on and off since my husband passed away suddenly. It works very well for me no side effects I take it as needed only. It's prescribed 0.25 2 x a day as needed. I take half of that whenever I get anxious and feel my heart racing it stops it right away if I find myself anxious at night I take the other half. I go days without it as well. The trick is not to use it all the time. Just knowing I have it helps me relax in case I should need it. All meds are addicting if taken all the time.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2015 8:29 PM

Review by shortcake67:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have had anxiety since I was a child, from my personal experiences this medicine is the fastest and effective but BE VERY CAREFUL also the most depending. I ran my prescription short one month and was without for a couple of days and had a seizure while driving. Just because the doctor says three or four times a day doesn't mean you need them that much, BE VERY CAREFUL!

March 19, 2015 10:05 PM

Review by Evilmage (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Only side effect is that it works really fast so if you take too much you will feel tired. Find the right dose and this medicine will treat your anxiety and depression symptoms for a couple hours. It just works really well and fast. Another problem is tolerance if one takes it regularly, one will need to increase the dose and side effects increase. The less you take it, the better it works.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 2:33 PM

Review by finally: ):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I've been battling anxiety since before I could remember it got so bad that I finally tried Xanax for thw first time today and so far I feel like my best self l. My mind is no longer racing a million miles a minute and I don't feel tense at all, only peacefulness.

February 23, 2015 4:01 PM

Review by chris3545 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: Xanax has helped me so much for my depression and panic attacks. Even has helped a lot with my obsessive compulsive disorder. I don't have nearly as many compulsions since I've started taking it.

February 16, 2015 12:25 PM

Review by Smokeywho:

For Anxiety: I was on Ativan (Lorazepam) for awhile but found it highly addicting. I switched to Xanax (alprazolam) and it's fast acting and settles your anxiousness, sense of panic, and has a calming effect. I take them as needed. But if I have had a long stretch of taking them, it's not difficult to lower the dose and take them as needed. Your body doesn't go into absolute fits or seizures (as Ativan does). I'll take this forever. It's helped me live more normally.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2015 8:45 AM

Review by BellaLuna003 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I take a small dosage as needed and it's very helpful in keeping my anxiety under control.

February 5, 2015 9:30 PM

Review by adams123:

For Tinnitus: I have had this constant ringing in my ear for years now up until today I didn't even know there was a name for it but after reading all these testimonials I tried a Xanax and finally some relief! For people who have this you know what I mean. Thank God for Xanax.

January 31, 2015 3:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Severe withdrawal

January 28, 2015 10:50 AM

Review by MeSklawz:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Xanax works almost immediately when I'm having a panic attack. I have tried a lot of different "newer" antidepressants and they always have weird side effects. Then the doctor says to keep taking them for weeks to work.

January 25, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by fastram:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Rash, dry eye, dry mouth, dry skin, sore tongue and throat, cramps.

January 23, 2015 6:18 PM

Review by BigMoma46:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have been on Xanax 1mg twice a day and it has been a God send. I suffer from panic attacks and actually had to be hospitalized, I was placed on Klonopin and then I was switched to Xanax first at 0.5 mg than to 1mg it's a wonderful medicine however be very aware of this medicine being very addictive.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2015 5:43 PM

Review by Theresapillforthat:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I first started taking 0.25 mg. It worked like a miracle pill. I was also having trouble sleeping. I tried everything antidepressant, Ambien, Lunesta, Restoril you name it I tried it . Now after 3 hrs on Xanax I use a 1 mg pill before bed and I sleep like a rock and very rarely do I have a attack during the next day. If I do I take 0.25 mg and in 15 min I'm fine. For me it took care of both sleeping and panic attacks!

January 14, 2015 10:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I use this infrequently, but it's been effective each time. I take for anxiety and high stress situations, but also to calm my brain so I can get a good nights sleep! Works fast and slows me down but in a good way.

January 13, 2015 9:27 PM

Review by Curleyjoe (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: 1mg of alprazolam XR at night and sleep like a baby. No side effects, no need to increase the dose. It's a wonder medicine for me because I can't stop my mind racing. But this does.

January 11, 2015 11:02 PM

Review by Crystal Ball:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I had severe anxiety and panic attacks and have tried antidepressants that didn't work and gave side effects for not being the correct medicine. Wild thoughts, voices and fear consumed me. I started with 0.25 then slowly came off of it. Taking too long made me mentally slow. Tried tapering off and taking as needed until I worked through the fears and anxieties. Ultimately our minds are trying to make decisions, fighting ourselves and indecision creates mental turmoil that only we can correct by making a choice and moving forward.

January 10, 2015 7:42 AM

Review by ARJC (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: This medication has helped me a lot it keeps me calm and it's fast acting just take them as prescribed!

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 1:41 PM

Review by cucupuffs (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: I have dealt with depression, anxiety, social phobia or social anxiety which ever label they want to use for it these days. I have dealt with these issues pretty much since kindergarten. Well mainly the extreme social phobia/anxiety at that time which they used to just call "shy". When I was 18 and was seeing a psychologist he diagnosed me as having agoraphobia, I'm guessing because they really didn't have the term "social phobia/anxiety" at that time. I finally started taking Paxil and it worked good for 10 yrs then I maxed out on dosage and it stopped working. Tried all the other SSRI's/SSNRI's. Effexor XR worked best but didn't help anxiety/or social phobia issues. Got on Klonopin, then Xanax eventually. Benzodiazepines are life savers for socialphobia.

January 2, 2015 9:14 PM

Review by Big Eagle (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: I've suffered from generalized anxiety for 25 years. At one point I could barely leave my house. Afraid to drive on bridges, tunnels, fly... I even had anxiety about taking taking anxiety medication. Xanax was a game changer for me! I rarely take it, but I've Taken trips I never thought I would be able to take. Get this, I was even able to skydive! Not bad for an agoraphobic. It builds confidence. Just having it in my pocket really helps. I had to take a .5 mg dose tonight because I've been in panic mode for five days and I finally needed to reset my mental state. I think David Burn's "feeling good handbook," is an awesome tool too. I'm rambling because after 5 days of super anxiety, I finally took a .5 and now I feel great.

January 2, 2015 6:01 AM

Review by proselytise (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: On 0.5 mg with 20mg escitalopram at day time and 0.5 mg clonazepam at sleep. Nice medicine and completely drives away my anxiety, especially the running heartbeat and sweaty palms using also propranolol 20 mg, for social anxiety disorder and racing thoughts, would rate it 10 if my concentration in studying would not have decreased due to one of above mentioned medicines. Overall good, taking it since past 5 months.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2014 4:54 AM

Review by jreppoh:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: 30 years of Xanax at 1mg 3x a day. I miss the passion that my husband and I have but my body is numb. I have a my perfect husband so I pretend. Xanax will RUIN your sex life and take a lot from you if you take it for years like I have. They hardly work at all now and I am having lots of problems trying to stop. Beware because at first they are wonderful.

December 18, 2014 5:16 AM

Review by A. Perez (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Great for what it is meant for but a huge risk factor for dependency. If you can your better off taking Lexapro.

December 17, 2014 3:56 PM