User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 2 reviews 54 medications

8.6
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 592 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Alprazolam

Review by A. Perez (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Great for what it is meant for but a huge risk factor for dependency. If you can your better off taking Lexapro.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2014 3:56 PM

Review by Mozes:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Takes away all anxiety and stress. I have GAD SAD and PTSD.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2014 4:03 PM

Review by lisarene729 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Calms me down, allows me to focus at work and not dwell on my depression and anxiety. I am currently on 0.5mg twice a day and have noticed it is not effective as it was at beginning of treatment. I have appointment next week to review with my doctor where he may have me take 1 mg twice a day. Glad I am finally seeing light at end of tunnel after 20 years of claustrophobia and depression.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I noticed my memory was very much affected on Xanax. This is the quickest working benzo in my opinion, but does not last long. Also, the withdrawals from Xanax were more severe than the withdrawals from the other benzos I've been on. It works great for some people, but not so much for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2014 8:11 PM

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Only benzodiazepine that worked completely. Been on all the others. Have tried antidepressants with negative results. So at the correct dose. Alprazolam is what I consider the hardest working anxiety and stress reliever available.

November 22, 2014 12:01 AM

Review by amv518:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: This is the best medicine out there. It makes me a better person. I love it. I have anxiety and depression and this is the only thing that makes me tolerable to be around. Levels me out and makes me happy.

November 20, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by notomatot31 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Great for anxiety. However, only recommend using short term. I've gone through opiate withdrawing as well as benzo withdraws, and benzo withdraws are far worse. Never felt more suicidal...use with caution...

November 15, 2014 8:01 AM

Review by JG-Swam (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have been taking Xanax 1MG twice daily as needed to help cope with my severe panic disorder and anxiety attacks, which have been impacting my sleep schedule drastically. Take the correct oral amount daily, and you will see positive results in no time! If you feel like your having complications, contact your doctor immediately! Everyone's tolerances are different!

November 13, 2014 1:39 PM

Review by angelmax (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have been on Xanax for a few years due to my anxiety discover. This tablet which I only take a quarter of when it is necessary which doesn't happen very often has helped me sleep and calm down. My sister has terminal cancer. It also helped me go through tough events.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2014 3:52 PM

Review by chuck1957 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: Works real fast,for breakthrough anxiety,or panic attacks..saved my life.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2014 8:59 PM

Review by eyakalot:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have a panic disorder and have been taking Xanax for over 20 yrs now. Never had to increase my dose and finally can live a normal life. The doctor had tried all different medications and this is the only one that worked.

October 29, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by Ellie01 (taken for less than 1 month):

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I've had severe panic attacks for most of my life. At first I began with 0.25mg of regular Xanax (IR) as needed, but found that I would feel it wear off. I now take 0.5mg of Xanax XR every morning, and it has been a complete life changer. I also struggle with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Xanax XR has also helped lessen the symptoms of both of those as well, which I was not expecting. Xanax XR completely helps the racing thoughts, helps me stay in the moment, and overall helps me feel calm and at ease.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2014 1:40 AM

Review by Dp3000 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Been taking it for 2 years and it gets me through anxiety attacks.

October 17, 2014 3:15 AM

Review by hookahmama (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Works very well for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 6:21 AM

Review by Miss Trina (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: My doctor tried me on a few anti anxiety meds prior to Xanax. I wish it didn't take so long because nothing helps me better than this. Not only has it improved my life positively (when I'm taking it) but It helps with a variety of stresses - we are only human and I believe No matter how pure your life is sometimes you just need a Xanax. It can be addictive so I do not recommend taking it daily or in large doses.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 12:11 AM

Review by Wayne George (taken for less than 1 month):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: I was prescribed Xanax because my half brother died and I could not cope with it alone on just taking Pristiq for depression. Taking both of these medicines has really reduced my depression tremendously to where it only affects me a little now and not so many days in a row. I'd really like to stay on Xanax with my other antidepressant medication Pristiq 100mg because its helping a lot!

October 7, 2014 6:57 PM

Review by Alex J.:

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I used to live with severe panic attacks and overall always full of anxiety.This medication works so well that I feel very normal again.The nightmares, shaking, nausea, panicking, sweaty and restless feeling and anxiety all stopped.I highly recommend this medication for people who genuinely need a Benzodiazapene to regulate the central nervous system.Make sure you don't abruptly stop taking them though as you will feel extremely ill! Do keep your DR. informed of any side effects.They are pretty mild, however can cause weight gain and lower sex drive.

October 1, 2014 3:38 PM

Review by MoMa46:

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: i have been on and off Xanax since its release in the '80's. Two years I attempted to wean myself off. My reasoning was that 0.25mg twice a day was too much and I was still panicking. After 3 days I had a full panic attack. Took 1/2 of a Xanax and called my M.D. He said that he did not know what to do. I called a psych. I continued on the o.25 mg twice a day. I continued to be panicking and paranoid. He placed on Xanax 0.5mg XR in morning and 1mg XR at bedtime. I feel so much better. I continue to worry about withdrawals, but having to take two pills a day is no big deal if you have ever had an attack. I also did not try to hide the fact from people I thought who would find me flawed for taking Xanax. This was freeing.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2014 9:13 PM

Review by valii:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: awesome

September 26, 2014 11:14 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Just got prescribed 0.5mg of Xanax. Within a half hour the intrusive thoughts and panic attacks stopped. Taking sparingly, only when needed. Definitely a good thing to take at your worst moments, but not good for regular use.

September 18, 2014 4:36 PM

Review by Girl25 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have daily anxiety and was on Ativan for a while and while I loved the Ativan I was looking for something longer acting - my psychiatrist tried me on Xanax XR 0.05mg. For me, this medicine is a God send. In the beginning when I first starting taking it I did notice some slight dizziness and 'weird' feelings but I stuck with it and once it regulated in my system (about 3-4 weeks) I feel totally normal and calm on it with zero side effects. I have since upped my dose to the 1mg Xanax XR twice daily if I need it, but some days I only take one pill to get me through the day and deal with the anxiety at night since I'm home and then take a pill in the morning like normal. My advice would be to start it on the lowest dose and work your way up.

September 16, 2014 12:00 PM

Review by Feline1978 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have panic disorder and Xanax has helped me greatly. The only problem that I have experienced is that I have become resistant to it. Rather than .25mg helping, I need to take 3 to calm down. My doctor only allows me 30 .25mg pills per month, so I'm petrified that at some point, I am going to have an attack after I have run out of meds.

September 3, 2014 10:05 PM

Review by Gio40 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: I use alprazolam since 1999 and feel good. I have a quiet life. Psychiatrists in Puerto Rico do not want to prescribe Alprazolam and affects many people. I used 4 mg and now only use 2mg.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2014 12:26 PM

Review by AJPisces:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have been on quite a few antidepressants in addition to Xanax. The antidepressants made my anxiety and panic worse, needing to increase my intake of Xanax when on the antidepressant(s). I was really reluctant to take the Xanax when I was first prescribed the medication. I have been of Pristiq for 8 months now and have lowered my Xanax from 1 mg in the morning, 1mg midday and 2 mg at bed. I am now taking 0.5mg in the morning and 1.5 mg at bed. I am taking vitamins, doing yoga and taking better care of myself. My doctor knows, I am honest. He wanted me to take 2mg every 8 hours but never did. My Mother just died a few weeks ago and have been getting really bad anxiety and still the same dose helps me. Hope this helps.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 8:24 PM

Review by Cherrygirl01281929 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: It is very helpful if you have panic disorder, anxiety, depression or you get seizures, because I have all those symptoms. It calms you right away and that's exactly what you need if you have the symptoms that I have. I also have get very bad dreams, so when I wake up in the middle of the night it is very helpful. But there's always a bad side to the medication. You stop feeling the affect, so after you have been taking it for about 6 months you need to increase the dose. But that's not always the answer you might be on the right dose or you could need more or less but that's up to your doctor. But this medication is very helpful with my every day life! Fast realizing stress medication. I have been taking it since I was 16 now I am now 24.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate