User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 3 reviews 53 medications

Depression 71 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 771 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax has really helped me with my anxiety and it's not habit forming to me. It helps me a lot!"

Quel32 May 29, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I am on a 1mg dose of xanax on and off for about a year for imsonia, night panics and generalized anxienty. And I can say this is the best pill. Worked great for me. It helps me feel calm allday and relaxed during the night so I can get the sleep I need. Gives me energy during the day when I drink green tea early morning."

lovelilac (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 27, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Man, there's nothing to say about xanax that hasn't been said. It does its job like nothing else. Works perfectly, but because of that, it's super addictive to people prone to anxiety and stress. Because it's the magic pill that makes it go away! That said, my experience with it has been mostly good, as I have never gone above 2mg and i try to keep myself at 1mg daily. This is a literal life saver for someone with severe anxiety."

O B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I take 2mg it makes me calm but also depressed and sad with no energy. Mary"

maryq794 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "My doctor started me on Xanax 0.5 mg almost 2 weeks ago. I've had severe Generalized Anxiety Disorder since 2009. Along with everyday terrible body pains from the stress and anxiety And I was only taking Zoloft. Since then. But the Zoloft stop working like it use to. I find the Xanax to help me some. And it suppresses my body pain as well. And I don't feel doped up. I still feel the strangeness, and unreal feelings from my anxiety. The situation doesn't matter. The anxiety grabs me when ever it wants too. But the Xanax take a little edge off. From 1-10. I'd say 6-7. For me that's good. Because my panic- anxiety is super scary."

My Franklin (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "Helps but I have to take it every 4 hours only .125mg to see any effect"

Fif May 15, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I started having panic attacks about 13 years ago. The Dr. gave me a few different drugs to try - all either had horrible side effects including nightmares - or did nothing. Then we tried Xanax - it was a miracle for me! one .5mg Xanax and I can function again. When I was promoted at work to a position where I would have to speak in front of a crowd I was terrified, but taking one of these has changed my life!!"

Sweaty lady (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2016

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed regular Xanax in the early 90's for anxiety and it changed my life - for the better. I was more productive than ever, my relationships got back to where they should be, and I was finally sleeping well. As time went on, my tolerance increased and I suffered significant peaks and valleys between doses throughout the day. Xanax XR was complete game changer for me - a completely different medication. I take it in the morning and feel great all day long and I sleep well. I still take the regular Xanax on occasion if my anxiety flares. The XR version is far better but much more expensive. The $120/mo is nothing when it comes to quality of life. ."

Bob from St. Louis (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I suffer from social anxiety rarely leave the house. The anxiety leaves me isolated which cause extreme depression. With xanax 1mg to 2mg takes all anxiety away and calms my depression 10 out of 10. Taking xanax for over 20 years now."

Hewy (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I started taking Alprazolam when I noticed I was having mild anxiety attacks from working in an extremely stressful environment for 4.5 years. Bad bosses (I'm talking racist, yelling, cussing...in an office full of women). I went to my doctor and told him everything and he agreed that a prescription of .5mg would be enough for me. Eventually started having full on panic attacks and thought I was going crazy when I had one. I quit my job to go back to college and I still take alprazolam when I get a little overly stressed or can't come back down from a panic attack after breathing exercises. Unfortunately I don't know if these panic attacks will ever go away completely. Alprazolam has been a lifesaver for me and I will continue to take it."

LandonsMommy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "Ok, I've been diagnosed with Depression, Insomnia, insomnia induced night terrors, Agorphobia, and major anxiety disorder. I was first put on Klonopin, which took care of everything except my depression. My psychiatrist first put me on to try 4 different SSRI/SNRI's along with my Klonopin. Lexapro, Zoloft, Cymbalta, and Wellbutrin made my depression worse! So finally he put me on Xanax 1mg 3x daily along with my Klonopin 2mg 2x daily... and I finally feel normal again. Xanax is a great medication overall, 10/10!"

KPin2mgXanax1mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2016

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Tried this for a few days to help with anxiety instead of my usual Klonopin, at bedtime. Do not just switch to another benzo without transitioning. Had bad nightmares all night and was a wreak the following days. Might be good for some people, and maybe more for daytime anxiety but definitely didn't help my sleep (even when taking a higher dose than I normally do of Klonopin). On a side note, don't rely on benzos long-term (> 1 month). You will quickly dig yourself a hole as tolerance inevitably builds and your sleep and mental state will be worse than when you started. Been on benzos for > 2 years and I'm slowly reducing mine and it sucks pretty bad. Get on something safer and non-tolerance building. The sooner the better."

brett84c (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Anxiety: "Even though this is a monitored medication, when taken CORRECTLY it will make a world of difference. Before my dr.Rxd me Xanax I would not go to the store,pay bills,outside..even my mail was neglected BC I didn't wanna see ANYONE and I didn't wanna see or talk to them. After I was placed on Xanax,those fears went away.I think it's WONDERFUL for anxiety when used CORRECTLY!"

sopranofan (taken for 10 years or more) April 11, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've been taking low dose .5mg xanax for a few years for social anxiety and occasional panic attacks. It's excellent. I take it as needed, which I like, it lets me feel more in control. I rarely take a full dose. It's very effective even in a lower dose. It just lets me keep anxiety under control so I can function well. I never notice any major fogginess or anything with it either unlike other benzos I've taken like ativan. Just in moderation. A little goes a long way. Absolutely great medication for anxiety and occasional severe panic attacks. It has completely helped me build my confidence up and get my life back!"

RonnyW April 8, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from anxiety and mood swings much of it is work stress related, Xanax has worked wonders for me no habit I have not experience any side effects and I don't believe is habit forming, I only take it as needed, I always keep them with me just in case I suffer a panic attack, I greatly recommend it."

Liz10 April 6, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on Xanax 1mg TID since 2013. This has been a miracle drug for my anxiety. I also take Celexa 40mg daily in combination with Xanax. Within minutes of taking my prescription, I feel a tremendous amount of stress relief. I normally take 2 at bedtime and sleep straight through the night and never wake up groggy. I feel refreshed each morning, and get ready for work. 2 thumbs up for this medication. Those that abuse it, you give patients who truly suffer from anxiety and depression a bad name."

linzxo (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2016

For Tinnitus: "I've has ear ringing on and off for 30 years...well never off, but sometimes more severe than others. Last weekend I copped 4 .5 mg xanax's from my gal, took em Sunday night. Today is Friday...yesterday, Wed and Tuesday the ringing was the worst it's ever been and I'm sure it's from xanax..not withdrawal really, just from xanax. I used to take valium and maybe that's how I got ear ringing in the first place. It's almost gone today...ill never take another xanax."

Den33 April 2, 2016

For Anxiety: "after suffering of panic of having 2nd attack and any pain makes me feeling going to die my doctor made a 2nd stent after 8 months of the 1st stent and I was still panicing and scared my cardiologist prescribed xanax 0.5mg twice daily I am on it for about 17 days now it is helping me so much"

DR.Shokry (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Anxiety: "I received a prescription for this years ago and barely used it for the intended purpose (stress-induced stomach problems). That had been correctly diagnosed as something else. I kept the bottle in the cabinet for a long time without ever using it. I was always however someone who periodically dealt with clinical depression and anxiety which at this point in my life is situational. In these instances, this drug is an amazing relief. Whether it is public speaking or dealing with heavy grief, I take comfort in knowing this is available to me. The trouble is convincing my doctor as I have zero interest in a maintenance drug such as an SSRI. I have never had any intention of taking it every day. Usage: 1/2 mg as needed for extreme anxiety."

Anon101c (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 31, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I had only taken Xanax a few times as needed and losing it (oops). Sometimes it works right away with calming me down and everything, but this one time I was a mess and it took a while to work. But, on the bright side, I have very bad insomnia and it made me sleep better. I do not take it as a sleepy aid, that was just one instance where it was night time."

Kurai (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "It's so great to have something that finally works for me! It's fast acting and takes away my insane thoughts and brings me back to reality quickly .. My worries go away and i can feel like a normal person. I've been on ativan, clonazapam... And paxil and effexor in my younger days... The ativan did nothing .. The clonazapam was OK but is much better for sleep. The paxil and effexor were nightmares and had horrible side effects . I would never take that kind of medication again. I take 1-2 mg xanax when I get an attack or intrusive thoughts and it's the best thing for me ! I become a rational thinking person again.. And couldnt be happier to have something that really works. It's really improved my life."

Ninny13 March 28, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I began taking xanax at 1mg daily spread out over the day when diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I have had it 3 times now so have been on this medication for 6 years. It controls my anxiety and panic or fearful thoughts mostly. It's been extremely helpful and my doctor knows I keep my dosage as directed. Very beneficial for me but it took a long while to overcome the stigma. Life is to valuable to waste feeling bad.!!"

Catstail (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2016

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Still use a regular Xanax at times when things get bad but the XR is amazing for those times where I can't afford the drowsiness. XR is just a nice steady dose to take the edge off and no side effects. Would recommend."

Tripoli March 21, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have GAD, PTSD, Adult ADD, Bi-polar & crippling panic attacks aka Panic Disorder. I was diagnosed with panic disorder at the age of 7. It ruins my life. I took klonopin for 7 years threw middle and high school. It worked okay but I always felt like something else could work better. I have been on Prozac, cymbalta, latuda, visteril, lexapro, Effexor, amnitriptalyne, celexa, Paxil, lyrica, neurontin, depakote, seroquel and risperdal. Nothing EVER worked. I finally am on a routine of; 40mg Prozac, 25mg amnitriptalyne, 40mg adderall a day, .5mg klonopin 4X daily, .5mg of halcion for insomnia. My doc recently changed me to 1mg Xanax 3X daily and it has been a lifesaver. I don't feel like a zombie and my mood has evened out!! Love it so much."

kshaw2012 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I started taking this medication since I was 18 years old on and off. Let me put it in simple terms it is highly addictive. Yes it cured my anxiety but temporary only as long as I was on it. Miss a day and you want to crwal out of your own skin. The withdrawls are horrendous. Xanax just masks the problem. As soon as I got back on it my brain just wants it and thats all I think about. Valarian root is healthier and natural think twice before taking Xanax. Go for natural products if you can."

Sassyone6085 March 17, 2016