User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 2 reviews 54 medications

Depression 57 reviews 75 medications

8.6
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 637 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I hear a lot of people saying the same thing about this being sort of like a miracle drug that is what my psychiatrist and dr call to. It is quite amazing how you can be going through a full blown panic anxiety attack and just not too long after taking xanax. It's like night and day. It's definitely good to have one of these on hand if you suffer from anxiety or panic disorder. Sometimes just knowing I have it and helps me. anyway 10 out of 10 very addictive but definitely works. As long as you're not popping them every couple hours I think most people on here will find that it works great.."

sactown916712 May 26, 2015

For Anxiety: "I love you xanax Ihate you xanax"

assgoal420 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "It's amazing how many symptoms come about because of anxiety: chest pain, chest squeezing, dizziness, light-headed feelings, feeling faint, sweating, nausea, heart palpitations. I could go on. Xanax is practically a miracle drug. It stops most of these symptoms cold after about 45 minutes of taking it. You feel better, and you look back at one hour ago, and you're bewildered that stress and anxiety caused you to feel so badly."

Ken0808 May 14, 2015

For Tinnitus: "I have OCD & health anxiety I been taking Xanax for the past year & now I develop tinnitus. I really don't know what caused my ears to ring but that's the only prescribed drug I'm taking right now I only take it at night because it helps me sleep but sometimes I take another pill in the morning . The milligrams is the low 0.5"

Sylvixen (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "This medication is a real life saver for aviaphobics/clausterphobics with panic disorder. I find .25 mgs prior to boarding an then an additional .25-.50 as needed stops an attack in its tracks. This medication (coupled with relaxing music on my iPod )has given me the ability to conquer the anticipatory anxiety and the panic itself. I cannot recommend this medication enough for true panic disorder/panic attacks."

mzjs40 May 12, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've taken this medication for about 5 years now, I was originally prescribed by my doctor after I had my son for moderate anxiety & to prevent possible panic attacks. I also take Wellbutrin for depression but that medication does not calm me down like the Xanax does. I have taken less of a dosage in the past but recently it's been a little bit more because of getting divorced & a close family member unexpectedly passing away so I've felt better on more & a lot less anxiety taking just that one more dosage or so per day. I know it is a difficult medication to stop but believe that it is better to lower dosage over time rather than completely stop taking it."

Lady X (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Suffered from post traumatic stress disorder for over 17 years. This was the best thing to keep me from having anxiety, triggering a panic attack. Other meds made it worse. Especially if you take an antidepressant like Lexapro. Lexapro alone will not work. Together with the Xanax and Lexapro is the best combination for PTSD!"

pnuttdean (taken for 10 years or more) April 21, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "This is a qualified positive review for Xanax. I was suffering from mild depression and anxiety last winter and my doctor put me on Wellbutrin. That stuff takes 4-8 weeks to work and in the interim it can really up your anxiety level. A week later I started 1mg Xanax 1-2X/day and it took care of the anxiety immediately. I continued using Xanax for more restful sleep but after about 3 months I realized that short and long term memory was WAY down. Stopped Xanax and replaced with GABA and this seems to be a far better solution. The Wellbutrin worked great, felt more energy the first week but did take 6-8 weeks to fully kick in. I will now ONLY take the Xanax for rare, severe stress. Also check the connection to Alzheimers."

Matt in CA April 21, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax made me a normal person again. I had bouts of anxiety seemingly my entire life, but it didn't become debilitating until I reached my 20s and became overwhelmed with everything on my plate and I lost sight of who I was. I couldn't focus on anything because I was too worried about school and work and my health issues. It became too much, and I dropped out of school with a 4.0! Anxiety stole my life away, but Xanax gave me the strength to gain it back. I'm finally about to graduate, have a wonderful job, and just recently got engaged! I am a normal person, and I thank anxiety for calming my brain and enabling me to live a beautiful, productive life. I highly recommend it if you genuinely suffer from debilitating anxiety."

Madsz April 16, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I had the worst anxiety imaginable that manifested to agoraphobia and I was a prisoner for years. It's a long story but Xanax saved my life or rather gave me my life back. In any event, those that suffer daily anxiety or GAD (general anxiety disorder) are better off using an MOA inhibitor as a maintenance medication and Xanax as an emergency medication. I'm on effexor daily 150Mg. that took about 10 weeks to start working but when it did is too was a miracle. I did have side effects when I started but my doctor told me to "hang in there" because the side effects are usually just temporary and they were with the exception of weight gain in which I control with exercise and diet which gave me another side effect, better health!"

Whistlersgoo (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "If you cut back on the dosage you risk the chance of having seizures, even taking as prescribed over a long period of time because of the tolerance buildup. I have been in re-hab 4 times trying to get off of xanax. They give you valium, librium or ativan so you don’t have a seizure and then lower that dosage over 7-15 days and release you. But 3-7 days later your symptoms are going to be so bad it will drive you back to xanax which now you will probably have to buy on the street because they’re widely available unlike valium."

Wilberforce-xyzzzzzz (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 11, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I'm tried other anti-anxiety meds., but Xanax is the only one that keeps my panic disorder in check, and I'm had several others prescribed that were no effective. I take 1 mg. 3Xdaily."

Bonniebleu (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2015

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was very young and I would get a feeling of not being able to breathe so I would lay down breathe slowly and that was not helping me anymore so I was put on Xanax I didn't even have to take all that was perscribed that is how well it helped"

Only 16 April 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "Takes away anxiety and panic attacks very well."

Will Robinson (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have been taking this medication for about 5 years on and off since my husband passed away suddenly. It works very well for me no side effects I take it as needed only. It's prescribed 0.25 2 x a day as needed. I take half of that whenever I get anxious and feel my heart racing it stops it right away if I find myself anxious at night I take the other half. I go days without it as well. The trick is not to use it all the time. Just knowing I have it helps me relax in case I should need it. All meds are addicting if taken all the time."

Estrellitas (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 1, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I take this as needed for anxious situations: i.e. the dentist (I would flee from the office crying if not for the Xanax), being around large crowds of people, etc. It certainly takes off the edge that accompanies anxiety and helps me to be in situations that I normally couldn't. It seems to take 45 mins to an hour to kick in so I am proactive in taking it to be prepared. It's been a great help to get me to certain places and be able live life."

FanOfTheBoss March 31, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have had anxiety since I was a child, from my personal experiences this medicine is the fastest and effective but BE VERY CAREFUL also the most depending. I ran my prescription short one month and was without for a couple of days and had a seizure while driving. Just because the doctor says three or four times a day doesn't mean you need them that much, BE VERY CAREFUL!"

shortcake67 March 19, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I started having anxiety attacks a few months ago due to marijuana use. Bad life choice I regret but due to my natural anxiety marijuana made it 10x worse. I started having anxiety attacks sometimes up to 6x a day for a few weeks. I had a visit to my doctor scheduled anyway and was honest and told him about my situation. He prescribed me xanax to use as a short term medication for my anxiety attacks as he said weed can cause horrible anxiety for a month in some ppl. I took it as prescribed which was every six hours as needed. I started with about .25mg a day but took .5 a few times when it was real bad. 2 weeks later I began splitting the pills in half to .12. Am completely off it now but made a huge difference in my life for that time."

dagger 3457 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

For Anxiety: "Only side effect is that it works really fast so if you take too much you will feel tired. Find the right dose and this medicine will treat your anxiety and depression symptoms for a couple hours. It just works really well and fast. Another problem is tolerance if one takes it regularly, one will need to increase the dose and side effects increase. The less you take it, the better it works."

Evilmage (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "I wasI was on many medications it didn't work until my doctor prescribe xanax to milligrams 4 times a day what a godsend. I found the other medications like klonopin didn't work as effectively. I couldn't go to work without having a panic attack or in a situation with the family. people don't understand life can be tough go with the proper medication you can become better. I was on Zoloft it didn't work so the doctor prescribed me xanax which was very helpful. people should ask your doctor for a prescription I have severe anxiety it will help.I've been on it for 2 years and it's been very helpful. I hope people see the light and try it has a bad reputation but it is it wonder drug."

tw wintersville Ohio (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "After experiencing breast cancer twice in 5 years I suffer from anxiety on a daily basis. Some days are very good and productive ,others not so good. I have tried many medications and work with an excellent doctor. My only relief comes from 1 mg of Xanax spread out over the course of the day. Thankfully my health prognosis is excellent,but the anxiety continues. I hope to be able to use it on an as needed basis someday. But for now I'm thankful for this medication."

helba March 6, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've been battling anxiety since before I could remember it got so bad that I finally tried Xanax for thw first time today and so far I feel like my best self l. My mind is no longer racing a million miles a minute and I don't feel tense at all, only peacefulness."

finally: ) February 23, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "Xanax has helped me so much for my depression and panic attacks. Even has helped a lot with my obsessive compulsive disorder. I don't have nearly as many compulsions since I've started taking it."

chris3545 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2015

For Tinnitus: "Xanax absolutely saved me from going crazy from tinnitus. Lowered my anxiety due to hissing loudly at night. I also use low sodium and drink plenty of water. The white noise app helps a lot. I wear ear buds on low for 15 minutes and it usually lowers the sound in my head. I especially like the shower sound. I never need xanax during the day. I use .5mg or 1mg XR(generic) at night. Bless all of you who have the crazy T."

Andipandi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was on Ativan (Lorazepam) for awhile but found it highly addicting. I switched to Xanax (alprazolam) and it's fast acting and settles your anxiousness, sense of panic, and has a calming effect. I take them as needed. But if I have had a long stretch of taking them, it's not difficult to lower the dose and take them as needed. Your body doesn't go into absolute fits or seizures (as Ativan does). I'll take this forever. It's helped me live more normally."

Smokeywho February 6, 2015