User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 2 reviews 54 medications

8.5
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 569 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Alprazolam

Review by AJPisces:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have been on quite a few antidepressants in addition to Xanax. The antidepressants made my anxiety and panic worse, needing to increase my intake of Xanax when on the antidepressant(s). I was really reluctant to take the Xanax when I was first prescribed the medication. I have been of Pristiq for 8 months now and have lowered my Xanax from 1 mg in the morning, 1mg midday and 2 mg at bed. I am now taking 0.5mg in the morning and 1.5 mg at bed. I am taking vitamins, doing yoga and taking better care of myself. My doctor knows, I am honest. He wanted me to take 2mg every 8 hours but never did. My Mother just died a few weeks ago and have been getting really bad anxiety and still the same dose helps me. Hope this helps.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 8:24 PM

Review by Cherrygirl01281929 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: It is very helpful if you have panic disorder, anxiety, depression or you get seizures, because I have all those symptoms. It calms you right away and that's exactly what you need if you have the symptoms that I have. I also have get very bad dreams, so when I wake up in the middle of the night it is very helpful. But there's always a bad side to the medication. You stop feeling the affect, so after you have been taking it for about 6 months you need to increase the dose. But that's not always the answer you might be on the right dose or you could need more or less but that's up to your doctor. But this medication is very helpful with my every day life! Fast realizing stress medication. I have been taking it since I was 16 now I am now 24.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 9:01 PM

Review by NishaPooh:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: The best to ease the stress

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by doxie789:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: After a recent medical diagnosis, I had a difficult time coping and felt a tremendous sense of fear and worry constantly. Brought me to the point I was physically ill everyday and having panic attacks frequently. Xanax is wonderful when you find the right dose. Too much and I became a zombie. 0.25 MG was my perfect dose. It brought me down from panic and allowed me to take a step back and deal with my problems rationally.

August 2, 2014 12:14 PM

Review by Lil Locita:):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: It makes any impossible situation more possible, it controls violence rage temper anger towards others. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, panic attacks and keeps you calm. The best!

July 30, 2014 4:45 AM

Review by sadie66 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Tinnitus: I have suffered with tinnitus and mild hearing loss for the past 10 years. I had gotten to the point of completely "losing" it. The constant ringing, buzzing, etc. was driving me insane and causing anxiety. My doctor prescribed Xanax for the anxiety, but it clearly brought the tinnitus under control. I no longer suffer from anxiety because I'm no longer stressed by the continuous noise. Xanax gets a bad rap, but it saved me and made my life normal again. Many thanks to my doctor.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2014 2:02 PM

Review by vicky123:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I was in England when I started getting feeling of depersonalization, forehead pressure, fear, negative thoughts and irritation etc. I came back to my country and consulted a doctor. He diagnosed me with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. What he prescribed me may have worked but honestly speaking I did not give fair chance to the prescribed medicine. He did not prescribe me Xanax but I managed to get it from somewhere myself as I had read about its effectiveness against anxiety. It worked perfectly for me. I killed my anxiety with it. It normalizes me and keeps me going ahead in life. I give 9/10.

July 26, 2014 7:13 AM

Review by sam ann m:

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I started this medicine about 2 months ago for severe anxiety. I tried everything they had out there for anxiety but nothing worked until now. I still get a panic attack once in a while but something I can handle. Anxiety cause me to have heart disease and other problem health issues. I recommend Xanax XR.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2014 5:44 AM

Review by Kathy mom:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I thought this medicine might help with the onset of an atrial fibrillation attack and it does! Not a guarantee but very often helps especially at night when I feel something coming on...it allows me to fall into a deeper sleep which at times kicks the onset. Also very useful for anxiousness, as documented. I do not take it daily, only when needed.

July 11, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by Lisa AB:

For Anxiety: Works well for anxiety attack.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by Cortneyrb:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I take 0.25mg three times a day for panic attacks. I wish I could say Xanax stops the panic attacks completely, but it only lessons the symptoms until I feel okay enough to calm myself down with breathing exercises. Other than that--- Xanax is a miracle.

July 8, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Ashley O. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I get intense panic attacks. Xanax is very effective at working quickly to stop a panic attack. It saved my life, until after a few months I tried to stop taking it and got horrible withdrawals. I felt like I was dying, my anxiety was worse than it had ever been in my life, high blood pressure (and mine is naturally low), tachycardia, hallucinations, tremors. I hope anyone considering taking Xanax takes it at a low dose and not daily. If daily, do not quit cold turkey.

July 4, 2014 7:56 PM

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: This medication works great for anxiety if taken the correct way.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 4:54 PM

Review by TjIz:

For Panic Disorder: Okay for panic disorder.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 9:52 PM

Review by Shanae r:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: First time taking Xanax today and I feel great! The doctor prescribed me 0.5mg every 6 hours but I took a 0.25 and it helped tremendously! I am calm and able to function. All those anxious and negative thoughts just slip away.

May 21, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by pillpoppin me2esc squad 215 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: This worked great.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 9:44 PM

Review by chig81:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: This medication has helped me live a normal life well more normal. I don't worry much about nothing and I can go into Walmart and feel comfortable. My social life is improving as well. There were times I couldn't get myself to interact with people sometimes I wouldn't even answer the phone. I've only been on this medicine for a little over a month it has truly been a lifesaver. I am sleeping like a baby I can't remember the last time I've struggled to calm down and go to sleep only to wake up several times a night using the bathroom or just couldn't relax. My quality of life is getting much better.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 7, 2014 9:34 AM

Review by CrazyBeautiful21:

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: No side effects, effectively reduced my anxiety.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 7:59 PM

Review by mr l:

For Tinnitus: I was dignosed 2 years ago with hearing loss related tinnitus. The hissing was so loud I could not sleep. I tried masking devices, supplements, etc and nothing worked. My doctor prescribed Xanax to relax me enough to get some rest at night. After 2 nights, the hissing subsided during the day. Now some days I have little or no head noise. I continue to take Xanax with no side effects except being a little tired in the afternoon. Please try this medicine if your tinnitus is interfering with your life. Talk to your doctor about dosage.

May 1, 2014 3:46 PM

Review by NotBillGates (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: The only medication that stops my paralyzing panic attacks. Generally works within 10 minutes. Side effects are non-existent.

April 27, 2014 12:30 PM

Review by LB42 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Xanax (ALPRAZOLAM) is the only medicine I can take that will stop Panic Attacks, quickly. Some panic attacks require 2mgs tabs or 2- 1mg tabs. My Panic can start with or without any triggers. Anxiety attacks are different from panic. Panic screws up your whole day, anxiety attacks are more like stress.

April 24, 2014 9:04 PM

Review by chriwa:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have experienced anxiety since being diagnosed with Cancer 4 years ago. I use 0.5 MG's twice daily and stick to this dosage given to me by my doctor. It helps me tremendously. I have tried to step off it several times and found it very difficult. Will remain on it for as long as I need it. It improves my life quality and keeps panic and anxiety at bay.

April 17, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by NEK (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Yeah, it works. Some people are more sensitive than others. Generally, you take a pill (depends on dosage) and you just start feeling your tight chest and stomach release, and I notice I begin breathing more calmly and normally. Just feels good all over, which is such a contrast from the horrors of anxiety. It can make you a little sleepy. I think for 'normal people' it would make them very sleepy. For 'anxious' people, I think it makes you normal and relaxed. The one problem is that if you take it too much, like three days in a row, the effect is reduced and you have to 'up' the dosage. I think it works best for occasional use, like before a difficult situation or when you're just having a lot of anxiety and need calm.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2014 2:04 PM

Review by your nickname:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Extremely helpful!

April 9, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by Interstellar117 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: This works effectively for anxiety as well as sleeping problems. It doesn't impair my cognitive abilities. It is not addictive to me, however the only problem is getting off Xanax and the backlash effect it creates. I have successfully used Tranxene to bridge this gap and taper off safely. I rate it a 9 1/2; it has been a true miracle when I needed it most!

April 2, 2014 7:53 PM