User Reviews for Alprazolam (Page 4)

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 3 reviews 53 medications

Depression 68 reviews 78 medications

8.6
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 761 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was put on Xanax twenty years ago to treat anxiety/panic. I took a small dose four times a day. After three years it lost its effectiveness and I chose to go off it. Weaning became the single worst experience of my life full of awful experiences. I was put on Paxil to treat the absolutely disabling panic/anxiety and depression I fell into."

DWT62 October 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have panic attacks and anxiety bad and have had for about 10 years give or take. I endured sexual abuse as a child, and still have night terrors of that, I have went through a very bad divorce that has continued for 15 years now. I got divorced in november 22,2002 and I am still battling it. I also have depression and PTSD. I have been on a lot of different medications. Tried a lot that didn't work or the side effects was unbearable. I was finally put on alprazolam and prozac. It has been a life changer. I feel like I have control over these problems now instead of them controlling me,"

redbud01 October 23, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax has given me my life back. I suffer from severe anxiety a few times a year, for no reason. I've been given other Benzos that leave me feeling like a zombie. I can take a tiny amount (and I'm talking 1/2 0.25) of Xanax and it calms me down enough to enjoy life."

Best Out There For Anxiety (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "Began taking xanax during a time when my one and only child left home for college and I lost my job a month later. It allowed me to cope and move forward. The most I ever took was 1 mg per day, but I now take .25 when I have periodic depression and anxiety. I sometimes go 6 weeks without taking one. The best way to describe it is like rebooting your mind. Life saver for me."

DEW3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I like to think of this as headache medicine. Take only when you have one. This medicine should be used in emergencies only. It is not for taking everyday. For that I recommend something that has a longer shelf-life-that takes longer to break down, like Klonopin. Because of Xanax short wait time and short shelf-life, it can make you feel like an addict. If you forget a dose, in less than 4 hrs you can experience WORSE symptoms of anxiety because they come without warning or provocation. Instant panic attacks, inability to think or work, etc. However, as a panic attack reducer or for the instant release of an intense anxiety-related event, I do highly recommend it."

Rachel143 October 13, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Do not use if you have acute anxiety. I've had lifelong daily anxiety and depression that has never gone away. I ended up dropping out of school because I couldn't sit still without having a full blown panic attack shaking. My head spins all day and my anxiety causes me migraines. I've tried yoga meditation and all natural remedies. I've come to terms with the fact it is genetic. I didn't know xanax existed. I've tried all antidepressants and they messed me up pretty bad. But I do have a very high tolerance to this medicine. I hate that its addicting because its the only thing that makes me feel normal and able to live my life happy."

laurel l. (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I had anxiety that would tighten my muscles so tensely, especially in my jaw, my neck, my throat and between my shoulders. My doctor prescribed me a small dose as needed. I wish I'd known that this is what I needed. I felt such relief, my thoughts and muscles relaxed and the next day I felt like a million bucks. I'm aware that there are some addictive problems for some people, happily after that one night of relaxation its like I was freed from a tormenting chamber and I didn't feel need for more. I have it on hand and have used it a couple times, but have felt nothing of the intense pain I'd known before. I can think more clearly just from those few nights/days of relief in the three months I've had it."

At Last Relief October 11, 2015

For Anxiety: "Amaxing, helped so much, finally something that helped me"

Gerrbear October 11, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "This drug literally saved my life. Before I started taking it, there was no quality of life left. I would get so nervous around people I couldn't go out into public at all, had severe panic attacks all of the time... I've dealt with this my entire life, and it took me 17 years being put on every anti depressant/mood stabilizer/even anti psych meds except anti anxiety meds (because doctors are too afraid to prescribe them...we have a lot of junkies here) I finally found a doctor who understands me. I take 1mg xanax 3 times a day and 1,200 mg of lithium a day. This medication has changed my life. I no longer struggle with my life, I feel like for the first time I have total control and it feels great."

MH111982 October 7, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is a great medicine that has been under a lot of flack recently because of irresponsible individuals who give it a bad name. I have been taking it for over two years now in an on/off fashion and sometimes for a few months at a time; however, I always take a few days every week to flush it out. My anxiety issues stem from a traumatic childhood making me miss out on a lot of GREAT opportunities throughout life, opportunities that Xanax is helping me take advantage of today. I am a very active male, I run and lift regularly and what I noticed about Xanax from the get go is that I had an extremely high tolerance to it. I take 1.5mg of Xanax and .1mg of Clonidine due to this fact - WARNING -clonidine has bad side effects when stopped cold"

Trieditanditworked (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I've been taking this medication for a long time. 10 yrs..!! I wasn't warned about the memory problems, or any way of becoming addicted. I can happily say, it has helped me, I even went into agoraphobia stage. Also, from my own personal experience. Be very careful in taking this medication. I actually saw, for myself, how bad the memory problems can be. When I experienced that. I went to my Dr an said, I wanted ween myself off, but slowly, not stupid either. I've have been addicted to this medication, but u have to realize, our brain, our mind, is powerful than we give it credit for. I was using 0.5mg 6-8 times a day. I'm now, down to 3 & a half times per day, I'm getting better again"

Nickels1973 September 27, 2015

For Tinnitus: "I've had a little tinnitus for years in my left ear but the last year has been the worst. I suddenly lost alot of hearing in my right ear and now the tinnitus is so loud in my brain it's all I think about. I had a prescription for Xanax that I only used for anxiety very rarely. 30 pills lasted at least 6 months, but I read that Xanax may help tinnitus and started taking a half of .5mg pill each night before bed and it saved my life. My ENT doctor won't give me Xanax for some reason she told me to go back to my PCP, she suggested Melatonin which gave me startling nightmares and my PCP wants me to come in each time he renews the prescription. I don't care for my PCP but I'll go back to him and I'm sure he'll lecture me on the Xanax."

Sadie4913 September 25, 2015

For Anxiety: "Due to a neck injury and cervical spine fusion I have restless nights sleep. I wake often. I have take the meds for 3 nights and it has allowed me to have a full 6 hours of sleep without waking. I feel so much better in the morning have sleep, I feel less overall body pain and am able to get more done in the day. I am a little drowsy for a little while when I wake up but it goes away. Getting more sleep is very beneficial in many ways."

pokiepoo September 18, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is amazing! In 20 minutes it will completely take away all of your anxiety and/ or problems and everything will be ok. Life goes on! The only problem is that Xanax has such a short half life, that in 6 hours it goes away, and your brain wants more. If you take it daily watch out! That little pill can ruin your life. In prison they will only give med's to people detoxing from alcohol or benzo's. Bc it can kill you! Short term, stressful event like flying or giving a speech or a panic attack- will do you good. Try not taking your Xanax for a few days and see how you feel? Or run out of your prescription a few days early. Let me say..its not fun. Please be responsible and try meditation or working out. Stay away from alcohol/stims"

benzobuddy (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "Well I suffer frm anxiety and I took this medicine a few mins ago and I must say it Worked really fast I was alil more anxious wen it started kickin in but my mom told me I had to relax and I did and I feel so good it worked better than my clonazepam pill tht I use to take...my mom was the one tht actually gave me one of her Xanax(alprazolam) substitute becuz she saw tht I cldnt function and ofcourse wat mother likes seeing her child like tht so she told me to try this medicine and it worked like a charm I been feeling like shit for the past week and thnc to a mothers concern this 0.5mg dosage helped me feel relaxed and anxiety free so mite ask my doctor to prescribe these i did sweat for like 5 mins but I feel so at ease and anxiety free:)"

Danni201 September 15, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I've been on and off Xanax for 22 years. It's the only drug that makes me feel normal after a lifetime of anxiety and depression. It's awful that people use it recreationally and that's made it difficult to get a prescription for it because of others abuse of it. It makes me feel normal. So obviously I need it. I have nothing but good things to say about this drug. It helps me not want to freak out and shake due to anxiety. If you really need to be on it, it's amazing."

It's worked for me September 10, 2015

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "In general I am anxious and overthink things to the point of having racing thoughts, sweating and in social situations these symptoms are exacerbated and my mind would go blank. I always thought this is just how I am and it sucks. Until one day it all came together and I put a name to it. Social anxiety. I was always afraid of pills and all the addiction stories u hear but after a panic attack I thought it's time. I started a low dose and only take it when I really really need it, about 2/3 times a week. Omg how it's changed my life! If u don't abuse it like some people it does its job! Sometimes I'll go a whole week without it and sometimes I'll use it 4 days. It varies. But it helps me feel way less nervous and focus and really changed my life!"

Jessica E September 3, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed this med because I lost my dad very suddenly recently and suffered my first full blown panic / anxiety attack . The attack itself was the usual numbness and tingling sensation . Hard time breathing and impending doom thoughts . I was told to take on a as needed basis so that's what I did . I started to have the strangest things happening to my body , flu like symptoms with hot and cold flashes and pain ALL OVER! My usually high blood pressure kept falling and I was dizzy and lightheaded . My doctor attributes it to anxiety and directed me to take more ! So we upped my dose and OMG the pain was worse !! Now I know I might just be sensitive to this drug but my friend had the exact same experience with it . So beware !"

Missris (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

For Depression: "As a person who suffers from insomnia because I can't get my mind to leave me alone at night, xanax (alprazolam) is most effective. I can take 1mg at bedtime and experience the most restful sleep, waking the next morning calm, but alert and refreshed. I also experience anxiety and it seems that 1mg at night carries over to the next morning to help calm me. However, this drug is addictive and, if stopped without a Doctor's supervision, a person may suffer from withdrawals and it is possible that withdrawals could lead to seizures and/or stroke. STOPPING COLD TURKEY IS NOT ADVISED AND MAY LEAD TO DEATH. If you take xanax regularly, DO NOT STOP TAKING IT WITHOUT CONSULTING A PHYSICIAN regardless of where or how you get it."

justme12345 August 30, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "When I'm at my worst or I literally have so many racing thoughts or I get to agitated I take a half or 1mg, smoke tobacco and I'm fine, it's amazing I have not found this drug addictive, I only need it when I'm thinking or on a anxiety attack. Going to a psychiatrist and am hopefully going to be prescribed it, it has blessed me and made me think clear thoughts without over thinking. Best suited if your diagnosed with adhd, anxiety, panic attacks."

good for anxiety/panic attacks (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Xanax is all too popular for its strong calming effects with rapid onset. I do not recommend this as a daily medication at all. I in fact advise to use Xanax as least as possible. It is one of the hardest drug to kick. Abrupt discontinuation call either kill you or make you loose your mind and body. Used sparingly (for flights, funerals etc) it is mostly helpful but in a way a succubus of a drug. It'll lure you to think it's safe, fun and calming; but it will sooner or later create retrograde anxiety in between doses. A half-life of 6 hours is just asking for it..."

Alexander-X (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have severe anxiety and at times, I can't even hold still. I completely avoid going out due to the severity of it. Tried 1mg of xanax under the tongue, and within ten minutes, I could feel the anxiety getting better. Zero negative side effects."

Stevo88 August 22, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have had PTSD and anxiety disorder for about 15 years. I felt like I was falling off of a building and at night time I would have bad nightmares from past things. This is the only things that I can take that relieves it without making me tired in the day time. I haven't had to raise my dose in the last 6 years I have taken it. Actually I take the generic form alprazolam."

morniglo101 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 21, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Hello everyone out there reading this. I started taking xanax for anxiety( a 2mg bar at night for sleep to turn my brain off at night). Worked my way up to 2 2mg bars a night for sleep/anxiety. BRAIN FOG set in. MEMORY LOSS like I was going crazy. BE CAREFUL this med (and all benzo's) are for short term use ONLY!!!. Tried to taper myself off and couldn't. I went to a detox facility (Hospital) and detoxed properly. Was a horrible experience. I was stuck in a hospital with heroine/alcoholics for a week. If your reading this BE CAREFUL. This med is for short term use."

daa115 August 20, 2015

For Anxiety: "Completely obliterated my train of thought. I couldn't walk a straight line if my life depended on it. Don't have valuables on you while operating under the influence. You will not have them in the morning. I promise. And don't drive !"

Stonertroll (taken for 10 years or more) August 6, 2015