User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 2 reviews 54 medications

8.5
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 562 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Alprazolam

Review by TrkR104 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Saved my Job..I'm a truck driver so I spend a lot of time in a truck and it gets really depressing being away from the family for weeks at a time but Xanax helps me cope with the situation and this is the only medicine I've found that wont make me tired and drowsy, unlike Zoloft that made me so tired I had to take two days off work. Xanax helps me relax and gives me focus so I can deal with my work situation.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2013 9:05 AM

Review by Hanz_wurst:

For Panic Disorder: Didn't work for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 4, 2013 7:08 PM

Review by Sambaluk:

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Saved my life. I didn't know I had anxiety, doctors kept giving me high blood pressure medication only. Finally went to a psychiatrist, he gave me Xanax and Tofranil. Xanax helped a lot, the antidepressant I had problems with, sleeping mostly. Been on Xanax for 25 years and the only medicine that really helps my Panic Attacks.

August 1, 2013 3:30 PM

Review by Divin3Disast3r (taken for less than 1 month):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have always suffered from anxiety attacks, but at the age of 22, I seem to have them more severely. I have had a rough past, that I try and keep to myself. This last month my panic attacks were so severe that I thought I was going crazy or dying. I lost all sleep, and I felt so ashamed in front of my kids. My mind was racing and all I could think was these terrible thoughts. I was prescribed 0.5 mg of Xanax and I cut the pills in half throughout the day. I have never had such a quick relief from panic attacks. I almost instantly feel normal when I take them. And it lasts for quite a while until I take the other half of the medication. No side effects I have had with these, which is great because I have a fear of taking medications.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2013 2:20 PM

Review by normal now (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I feel like I'm not a mean and hated person wile being on Xanax. I have been suffering really bad lately with panic attacks and I can't breath and my cheat falls like to explode. My doc put me on 0.5mg to take 1 a day but sometimes I have to take more than 1 a day but it works wonders. I can be a better mom and wife with it.

July 25, 2013 3:07 AM

Review by lola! (taken for less than 1 month):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I'm prescribed 1mg of Xanax as needed. If I ever feel very anxious and take Xanax, my anxiety level tunes down to a 1. I'm almost too relaxed. However, Xanax can be very habit forming, so only take your dose.

July 22, 2013 4:40 AM

Review by AbbeyL (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: This medicine (Xanax) works effectively and quickly to resolve anxiety and panic attacks. However, I found that after I went on the antidepressant Pristiq, the Xanax made me fall asleep. I had to switch off of the Xanax as it was too sedating. At this point, I have another benzodiazepine that I can use if I have to but Pristiq has been keeping most of my panic attacks away.

July 13, 2013 1:19 PM

Review by lil one (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: I have had severe panic attacks for years. Finally got a doc that prescribed this and wow, it is an amazing medicine. My doctor retired and it seems every doctor now is afraid to prescribe it due to the ones who abuse it. I don't take it daily but my mind stops racing and I can sleep when I use it. I gave it a 9 because of slight drowsiness some mornings.

July 8, 2013 6:13 PM

Review by Lisetta:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I was 16 when I had my first panic attack! It was so scary I didn't know what was happening to me. It got to the point that I had anxiety every single minute of my day I became house bound for the next 2 yrs I would not step foot outside my house I felt like the world around me was a dream I now know this is called de-realization something that happens when anxiety is at it's worst, at its peek! My mother took me to her psychiatrist, that was the best day of my life I was prescribed 1 mg Xanax 3 x per day. I started to flourish, I starting living again and slowly getting back out into society. I am now 44 I have a loving husband, 2 kids and am still on Xanax but my dosage is much lower 0.5 micrograms in the morning or when necessary.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2013 11:36 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Tinnitus: I have been using alprazolam for more than a year for my tinnitus, it does help especially in the evening. I take a 1mg tab at 6pm & 9pm. IT definitely makes it Easier to cope.

July 3, 2013 3:25 AM

Review by MannyN (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax is amazing! In 2010 I was overwhelmed with emotions. My mother had a stroke in March of that year and at the same time me and my wife were expecting our 1st child. All these emotions led to me having depression and anxiety I was finally diagnosed in 2012 with anxiety disorder/panic attacks. They prescribed me Xanax 0.5mg one a day and it works miracles in my daily life.

July 2, 2013 11:25 PM

Review by alpraz9494 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Xanax has been a lifesaver for me. I was getting it prescribed at 1mg 3x daily and my life was as close to perfect as I can ask for. I made it to work every day and was able to concentrate at school. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have made it through college without it. The problem now is that not 1 psychiatrist is willing to prescribe it to me. They keep giving me Abilify, Prozac, Vistaril, and trazodone. I guess they figure if I am like a ZOMBIE ALL DAY I won't complain.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2013 12:52 PM

Review by rooterbear (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I've been on Xanax for 20 years for anxiety. I have tried just about everything they have come out with and this is all that works.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2013 11:11 PM

Review by A.L.:

For Anxiety: I'm currently on alprazolam-1mg a day. I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety and panic disorder, afraid of dying; threw my experience because of my symptoms, which are rapid heart beat, trouble breathing sweaty feet or clammy hands, nausea, trembling, trouble sleeping, going out to do anything became an issue too, socializing and even faint, dizzy, pure fear of death. This has conflicted with my wife, children, jobs and my entire life period. Xanax has given me my life back in full and am currently regaining my life back.

June 17, 2013 12:08 AM

Review by coliwoli (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I take it as needed.

June 13, 2013 12:02 AM

Review by EmotionalEraser (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have found that Xanax works for me, in such a way that I can go outside, to the shopping mall, and to other events with my family, that I would otherwise avoid at all costs. I have been on Xanax since 1987, and aside from a couple of small self medicating, and using with alcohol when I was younger (I no longer do these things, which are quite dangerous), and my life has been almost normal.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2013 7:35 PM

Review by Steve R:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: This is an absolutely wonderful medication. Xanax, along with 40mg of Prozac, has given me my life back. No more insane panic attacks and no more not being able to sleep. Take no more than what the doctor says to take in one day.

May 26, 2013 1:29 PM

Review by B0gdan:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I had severe anxiety, agoraphobia. I am on Xanax for about 3-4 month started with 0.25mg morning and 0.25mg at night and now on 0.50mg two times a day and feel great. No panic and my life is much easy. The world is more familiar and I can go anywhere. It's like I have wings now. I will try to leave the medication in future but for now I accept my situation because I like the feeling of living. As an anxious I was afraid of death same as I was afraid of life. Now, I LIVE.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2013 3:58 AM

Review by Misha341:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: God send!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2013 5:05 AM

Review by J.N. Dubois (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I am a teenager who has anxiety/panic attacks occasionally, and my physcisian has been giving me 0.5mg of Xanax for the past couple months to take as needed for anxiety. I can't tell you how wonderful this medication has been. After 15-20 min of taking it my anxiety/panic feelings diminish completely, and I have no need to feel anxious about anything after that.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2013 11:24 AM

Review by greatgoodgreat:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax has saved my life. I've been on them for almost four years. I am depressed, have panic attacks, and severe anxiety. Xanax has made me feel normal. I can now be in public unlike before it would make me nervous. I can deal with working and school without having severe anxiety. Racing thoughts and worrying constantly are no more, Xanax rakes that away. I'm not as panicky, just relaxed and can handle issues, stress, everyday life better. I highly recommended Xanax if you have anxiety or panic attacks. I'm on 2mg twice a day. I take one as soon as I wake up, one in the evening, then my sleeping medication are night. I love Xanax for helping me.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2013 1:00 AM

Review by Over stresser & worrier (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I have been taking Xanax (alprazolam) in moderation for a few years. I do not take it unless I feel extremely stressed, which leads to depression. Although I take Lexapro for depression and anxiety, Xanax is still needed for the severely stressful times. It quickly calms my nerves and helps me to not worry and stress so much about things most people would not stress over. It also helps with my short temper. Overall it has been helpful. Also, I tend to forget what I've done or said or experienced while under the influence of Xanax. Also, I noticed it increases my appetite for not-so-healthy foods. Use with caution and moderation.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2013 10:50 PM

Review by C-slosh (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I got rushed to the hospital last night with one of the worst panic attacks I've ever had, thus has been ongoing for a few weeks but last night I thought I was going to die. I am a healthy fit 21 year old male and just having this aid in my pocket relieves me, along with how incredibly well it works.

April 20, 2013 3:24 PM

Review by willieathome (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: My only negative issue with this product has been its potential for dependency at bedtime.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2013 3:01 PM

Review by deli queen:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: After my divorce I was depressed and having anxiety attacks, I went to a respectable Doctor but she prescribed me Wellbutrin, after taking it for awhile I felt numb (mentally). I tried a 1mg Xanax and it was perfect! I slept great, but when I first started taking them I would wake up groggy. I would get a shower and that would wake me up. I've been taking them for about 7 years. I am currently cutting my doses down to try to ween off them! I do not have an addictive personality but after a job loss of 10 yrs I tried to quit cold turkey! Not a good idea at all! I can only say use as prescribed and less if possible! Don't just pop one because you are stressed out! Take a walk, talk to a friend, please use with caution.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2013 10:59 AM