User Reviews for Alprazolam (Page 4)

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 3 reviews 53 medications

Depression 71 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 770 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Its been 3 months now off Xanax ( was taking up to 4 mg a day for 2 years after brother killed himself) and I'm just now starting to feel like myself again. Coming off the xanax was the hardest thing I've ever done. I had to force myself to work and keep my job. I had good days and bad days (more bad than good). My symptoms were crazy. No sleep, headaches, shakes, twitching, pain everywhere, memory problems. If I knew how hard it is to come off benzo's, I never would have touched it. Short term use= ok. Stressful event=ok. If this helps one person, then yay. Please be careful! Don't end up detoxing off of a benzo and going thru hell for weeks or months. Research this med. Not fun!"

davycrocket (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 11, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I don't know how to explain the turmoil and suffering that I went through in the mid nineties even after a perfect childhood at 17 years old. I found myself 79 pounds in the hospital because I could not eat I could not sleep and I could not function, however misdiagnosed as an eating disorder and depression it took me quite a few times to even go to a doctor that noticed I may be a bit nervous. I bet that was an understatement. Because I keep getting slack about the medication I have tried kalanapin which brought me out like a teenager and did not work for me. I have tried valium which was way too strong for me. I have been on this medication for over 15 years and have never had to up my dosage not once and it still works. "

Amy Love (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I take "Xanax" prescribed by my Doctor. Not everyday though. Sometimes. For helping me sleep when my thoughts are going crazy and my imagination is wild. It does help for sleep. Addictive if you take it everyday."

Manhattangirl November 10, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I had Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Xanax is the only drug I've found that works to alleviate the symptoms. I take .25mg no more than twice a week and within 20 minutes I feel calm and relaxed. Combine it with yoga and meditation and all your worries are gone. I like to take a .25mg pill and immediately do some yoga and meditate for 20 minutes. By the time you're done meditating you'll feel great for a couple hours. It helps just knowing the pill is there if I want it. I actually find that I take it much less than twice a week, only 1 or 2 times a month if that. I have no other side effects that I notice."

charger1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "It work's. Very well for me"

shanny baby November 7, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Had trouble breathing, helped but no cure."

JerryFord helped somewhat with (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've been on and off Xanax for years! I've only always took 1/2 of 0.25mg to take the edge off when I felt my anxiety coming on and if I knew I was going to do something out of my comfort zone! It has helped me tremendously. I concentrate better and it actually helps my stuttering. I'm a firefighter/paramedic and I'm constantly dealing with stressful situations! I love my job and never could have done it without Xanax. I hate that it gets a bad wrap because people abuse it! I have never even come close to abusing it and use it for what it's for! Throughout the years I've tried all other anti anxiety medications and Xanax is the only one that helped me! It's almost like I have a chemical imbalance and Xanax corrects it!"

Opie21995 (taken for 10 years or more) October 28, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have suffered for anxiety for.most of my life. Starting as early as 10 years old. As I got older it only got worse. I'm naturaly the quiet type that isn't very sociable inept. After higschool I started suffering deep depression. Tried self medicating with weed and other things only to find it worse. Xanax is the only thing that can help with my anxiety and depression all I need is 1 and I feel like I am in control. I take trazodone nightly and xanax as needed and I can honestly say I love my life."

Mtguy87 October 27, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "This pill works miracles for me. It is completely effective against all of my anxiety. It also makes me feel less OCD. I no longer obsess over thoughts or worry while I am on this. Xanax unleashes my creativity. I play guitar, write music and draw a lot. I used to do all these things but have thought I lost interest because I had no inspiration. I have no side effects except some memory loss and tiredness. I wish my doctor would up my prescription, I am on 2 mg a day and for the past nine months I have always finished my prescription in 1 - 2 weeks. But this does well for keeping tolerance low and avoiding addiction and dependence. I am on it for 2 weeks and then off until my refill."

Travis19945 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was put on Xanax twenty years ago to treat anxiety/panic. I took a small dose four times a day. After three years it lost its effectiveness and I chose to go off it. Weaning became the single worst experience of my life full of awful experiences. I was put on Paxil to treat the absolutely disabling panic/anxiety and depression I fell into."

DWT62 October 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have panic attacks and anxiety bad and have had for about 10 years give or take. I endured sexual abuse as a child, and still have night terrors of that, I have went through a very bad divorce that has continued for 15 years now. I got divorced in november 22,2002 and I am still battling it. I also have depression and PTSD. I have been on a lot of different medications. Tried a lot that didn't work or the side effects was unbearable. I was finally put on alprazolam and prozac. It has been a life changer. I feel like I have control over these problems now instead of them controlling me,"

redbud01 October 23, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax has given me my life back. I suffer from severe anxiety a few times a year, for no reason. I've been given other Benzos that leave me feeling like a zombie. I can take a tiny amount (and I'm talking 1/2 0.25) of Xanax and it calms me down enough to enjoy life."

Best Out There For Anxiety (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "Began taking xanax during a time when my one and only child left home for college and I lost my job a month later. It allowed me to cope and move forward. The most I ever took was 1 mg per day, but I now take .25 when I have periodic depression and anxiety. I sometimes go 6 weeks without taking one. The best way to describe it is like rebooting your mind. Life saver for me."

DEW3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I like to think of this as headache medicine. Take only when you have one. This medicine should be used in emergencies only. It is not for taking everyday. For that I recommend something that has a longer shelf-life-that takes longer to break down, like Klonopin. Because of Xanax short wait time and short shelf-life, it can make you feel like an addict. If you forget a dose, in less than 4 hrs you can experience WORSE symptoms of anxiety because they come without warning or provocation. Instant panic attacks, inability to think or work, etc. However, as a panic attack reducer or for the instant release of an intense anxiety-related event, I do highly recommend it."

Rachel143 October 13, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Do not use if you have acute anxiety. I've had lifelong daily anxiety and depression that has never gone away. I ended up dropping out of school because I couldn't sit still without having a full blown panic attack shaking. My head spins all day and my anxiety causes me migraines. I've tried yoga meditation and all natural remedies. I've come to terms with the fact it is genetic. I didn't know xanax existed. I've tried all antidepressants and they messed me up pretty bad. But I do have a very high tolerance to this medicine. I hate that its addicting because its the only thing that makes me feel normal and able to live my life happy."

laurel l. (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I had anxiety that would tighten my muscles so tensely, especially in my jaw, my neck, my throat and between my shoulders. My doctor prescribed me a small dose as needed. I wish I'd known that this is what I needed. I felt such relief, my thoughts and muscles relaxed and the next day I felt like a million bucks. I'm aware that there are some addictive problems for some people, happily after that one night of relaxation its like I was freed from a tormenting chamber and I didn't feel need for more. I have it on hand and have used it a couple times, but have felt nothing of the intense pain I'd known before. I can think more clearly just from those few nights/days of relief in the three months I've had it."

At Last Relief October 11, 2015

For Anxiety: "Amaxing, helped so much, finally something that helped me"

Gerrbear October 11, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "This drug literally saved my life. Before I started taking it, there was no quality of life left. I would get so nervous around people I couldn't go out into public at all, had severe panic attacks all of the time... I've dealt with this my entire life, and it took me 17 years being put on every anti depressant/mood stabilizer/even anti psych meds except anti anxiety meds (because doctors are too afraid to prescribe them...we have a lot of junkies here) I finally found a doctor who understands me. I take 1mg xanax 3 times a day and 1,200 mg of lithium a day. This medication has changed my life. I no longer struggle with my life, I feel like for the first time I have total control and it feels great."

MH111982 October 7, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is a great medicine that has been under a lot of flack recently because of irresponsible individuals who give it a bad name. I have been taking it for over two years now in an on/off fashion and sometimes for a few months at a time; however, I always take a few days every week to flush it out. My anxiety issues stem from a traumatic childhood making me miss out on a lot of GREAT opportunities throughout life, opportunities that Xanax is helping me take advantage of today. I am a very active male, I run and lift regularly and what I noticed about Xanax from the get go is that I had an extremely high tolerance to it. I take 1.5mg of Xanax and .1mg of Clonidine due to this fact - WARNING -clonidine has bad side effects when stopped cold"

Trieditanditworked (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I've been taking this medication for a long time. 10 yrs..!! I wasn't warned about the memory problems, or any way of becoming addicted. I can happily say, it has helped me, I even went into agoraphobia stage. Also, from my own personal experience. Be very careful in taking this medication. I actually saw, for myself, how bad the memory problems can be. When I experienced that. I went to my Dr an said, I wanted ween myself off, but slowly, not stupid either. I've have been addicted to this medication, but u have to realize, our brain, our mind, is powerful than we give it credit for. I was using 0.5mg 6-8 times a day. I'm now, down to 3 & a half times per day, I'm getting better again"

Nickels1973 September 27, 2015

For Tinnitus: "I've had a little tinnitus for years in my left ear but the last year has been the worst. I suddenly lost alot of hearing in my right ear and now the tinnitus is so loud in my brain it's all I think about. I had a prescription for Xanax that I only used for anxiety very rarely. 30 pills lasted at least 6 months, but I read that Xanax may help tinnitus and started taking a half of .5mg pill each night before bed and it saved my life. My ENT doctor won't give me Xanax for some reason she told me to go back to my PCP, she suggested Melatonin which gave me startling nightmares and my PCP wants me to come in each time he renews the prescription. I don't care for my PCP but I'll go back to him and I'm sure he'll lecture me on the Xanax."

Sadie4913 September 25, 2015

For Anxiety: "Due to a neck injury and cervical spine fusion I have restless nights sleep. I wake often. I have take the meds for 3 nights and it has allowed me to have a full 6 hours of sleep without waking. I feel so much better in the morning have sleep, I feel less overall body pain and am able to get more done in the day. I am a little drowsy for a little while when I wake up but it goes away. Getting more sleep is very beneficial in many ways."

pokiepoo September 18, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is amazing! In 20 minutes it will completely take away all of your anxiety and/ or problems and everything will be ok. Life goes on! The only problem is that Xanax has such a short half life, that in 6 hours it goes away, and your brain wants more. If you take it daily watch out! That little pill can ruin your life. In prison they will only give med's to people detoxing from alcohol or benzo's. Bc it can kill you! Short term, stressful event like flying or giving a speech or a panic attack- will do you good. Try not taking your Xanax for a few days and see how you feel? Or run out of your prescription a few days early. Let me say..its not fun. Please be responsible and try meditation or working out. Stay away from alcohol/stims"

benzobuddy (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "Well I suffer frm anxiety and I took this medicine a few mins ago and I must say it Worked really fast I was alil more anxious wen it started kickin in but my mom told me I had to relax and I did and I feel so good it worked better than my clonazepam pill tht I use to take...my mom was the one tht actually gave me one of her Xanax(alprazolam) substitute becuz she saw tht I cldnt function and ofcourse wat mother likes seeing her child like tht so she told me to try this medicine and it worked like a charm I been feeling like shit for the past week and thnc to a mothers concern this 0.5mg dosage helped me feel relaxed and anxiety free so mite ask my doctor to prescribe these i did sweat for like 5 mins but I feel so at ease and anxiety free:)"

Danni201 September 15, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I've been on and off Xanax for 22 years. It's the only drug that makes me feel normal after a lifetime of anxiety and depression. It's awful that people use it recreationally and that's made it difficult to get a prescription for it because of others abuse of it. It makes me feel normal. So obviously I need it. I have nothing but good things to say about this drug. It helps me not want to freak out and shake due to anxiety. If you really need to be on it, it's amazing."

It's worked for me September 10, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next