User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 2 reviews 54 medications

8.5
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 569 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Alprazolam

Review by Loving Panama:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: Not only does a 0.5mg shut down racing thoughts and anxiety it reduces depression. Been on every other antidepressants out there with awful side effects. Don't need to take it every day.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2013 6:18 PM

Review by low low:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: If I don't take it my skin feels like something is biting me and I itch all over I get very agitated and I can't sleep or sit still or focus my attention for a normal amount of time

August 20, 2013 11:54 PM

Review by 47Mikey:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I've been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for quite some time now and in the past year it's been happening more. Xanax helps, I've been prescribed this because it does help when the anxiety levels get very high and panic attacks and it also helps me to get some sleep at night as it helps reduce the level of anxiety. Every person is different.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2013 12:50 AM

Review by Ekstorn (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: Super good for depression.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2013 9:33 PM

Review by Eken (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Very good.

August 13, 2013 9:31 PM

Review by Sporto:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have panic disorder when I'm under stress and it has been very helpful. I take 1.0 mg per day. It changes my negative thought process and allows me to focus on positive aspects of my life. I have been conservative in the dosage. I have taken as little as 0.25mg per day when I'm feeling well and as much as 1.25 mg per day if I'm under stressful conditions. I would follow your physicians instructions but this pattern of dosage seems to work for me.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2013 3:55 AM

Review by Ben H. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have found that Xanax does indeed work. It's quick and relieving. Take it about 20-30 before an anxious event and it will help you. The downside is the tolerance that generally develops very quickly, in my case already after one week.

August 8, 2013 3:46 AM

Review by TrkR104 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Saved my Job..I'm a truck driver so I spend a lot of time in a truck and it gets really depressing being away from the family for weeks at a time but Xanax helps me cope with the situation and this is the only medicine I've found that wont make me tired and drowsy, unlike Zoloft that made me so tired I had to take two days off work. Xanax helps me relax and gives me focus so I can deal with my work situation.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2013 9:05 AM

Review by Hanz_wurst:

For Panic Disorder: Didn't work for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 4, 2013 7:08 PM

Review by Sambaluk:

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Saved my life. I didn't know I had anxiety, doctors kept giving me high blood pressure medication only. Finally went to a psychiatrist, he gave me Xanax and Tofranil. Xanax helped a lot, the antidepressant I had problems with, sleeping mostly. Been on Xanax for 25 years and the only medicine that really helps my Panic Attacks.

August 1, 2013 3:30 PM

Review by Divin3Disast3r (taken for less than 1 month):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have always suffered from anxiety attacks, but at the age of 22, I seem to have them more severely. I have had a rough past, that I try and keep to myself. This last month my panic attacks were so severe that I thought I was going crazy or dying. I lost all sleep, and I felt so ashamed in front of my kids. My mind was racing and all I could think was these terrible thoughts. I was prescribed 0.5 mg of Xanax and I cut the pills in half throughout the day. I have never had such a quick relief from panic attacks. I almost instantly feel normal when I take them. And it lasts for quite a while until I take the other half of the medication. No side effects I have had with these, which is great because I have a fear of taking medications.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2013 2:20 PM

Review by normal now (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I feel like I'm not a mean and hated person wile being on Xanax. I have been suffering really bad lately with panic attacks and I can't breath and my cheat falls like to explode. My doc put me on 0.5mg to take 1 a day but sometimes I have to take more than 1 a day but it works wonders. I can be a better mom and wife with it.

July 25, 2013 3:07 AM

Review by lola! (taken for less than 1 month):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I'm prescribed 1mg of Xanax as needed. If I ever feel very anxious and take Xanax, my anxiety level tunes down to a 1. I'm almost too relaxed. However, Xanax can be very habit forming, so only take your dose.

July 22, 2013 4:40 AM

Review by AbbeyL (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: This medicine (Xanax) works effectively and quickly to resolve anxiety and panic attacks. However, I found that after I went on the antidepressant Pristiq, the Xanax made me fall asleep. I had to switch off of the Xanax as it was too sedating. At this point, I have another benzodiazepine that I can use if I have to but Pristiq has been keeping most of my panic attacks away.

July 13, 2013 1:19 PM

Review by lil one (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: I have had severe panic attacks for years. Finally got a doc that prescribed this and wow, it is an amazing medicine. My doctor retired and it seems every doctor now is afraid to prescribe it due to the ones who abuse it. I don't take it daily but my mind stops racing and I can sleep when I use it. I gave it a 9 because of slight drowsiness some mornings.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2013 6:13 PM

Review by Lisetta:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I was 16 when I had my first panic attack! It was so scary I didn't know what was happening to me. It got to the point that I had anxiety every single minute of my day I became house bound for the next 2 yrs I would not step foot outside my house I felt like the world around me was a dream I now know this is called de-realization something that happens when anxiety is at it's worst, at its peek! My mother took me to her psychiatrist, that was the best day of my life I was prescribed 1 mg Xanax 3 x per day. I started to flourish, I starting living again and slowly getting back out into society. I am now 44 I have a loving husband, 2 kids and am still on Xanax but my dosage is much lower 0.5 micrograms in the morning or when necessary.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2013 11:36 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Tinnitus: I have been using alprazolam for more than a year for my tinnitus, it does help especially in the evening. I take a 1mg tab at 6pm & 9pm. IT definitely makes it Easier to cope.

July 3, 2013 3:25 AM

Review by MannyN (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax is amazing! In 2010 I was overwhelmed with emotions. My mother had a stroke in March of that year and at the same time me and my wife were expecting our 1st child. All these emotions led to me having depression and anxiety I was finally diagnosed in 2012 with anxiety disorder/panic attacks. They prescribed me Xanax 0.5mg one a day and it works miracles in my daily life.

July 2, 2013 11:25 PM

Review by alpraz9494 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Xanax has been a lifesaver for me. I was getting it prescribed at 1mg 3x daily and my life was as close to perfect as I can ask for. I made it to work every day and was able to concentrate at school. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have made it through college without it. The problem now is that not 1 psychiatrist is willing to prescribe it to me. They keep giving me Abilify, Prozac, Vistaril, and trazodone. I guess they figure if I am like a ZOMBIE ALL DAY I won't complain.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2013 12:52 PM

Review by rooterbear (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I've been on Xanax for 20 years for anxiety. I have tried just about everything they have come out with and this is all that works.

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2013 11:11 PM

Review by A.L.:

For Anxiety: I'm currently on alprazolam-1mg a day. I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety and panic disorder, afraid of dying; threw my experience because of my symptoms, which are rapid heart beat, trouble breathing sweaty feet or clammy hands, nausea, trembling, trouble sleeping, going out to do anything became an issue too, socializing and even faint, dizzy, pure fear of death. This has conflicted with my wife, children, jobs and my entire life period. Xanax has given me my life back in full and am currently regaining my life back.

June 17, 2013 12:08 AM

Review by coliwoli (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I take it as needed.

June 13, 2013 12:02 AM

Review by EmotionalEraser (taken for 10 years or more):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have found that Xanax works for me, in such a way that I can go outside, to the shopping mall, and to other events with my family, that I would otherwise avoid at all costs. I have been on Xanax since 1987, and aside from a couple of small self medicating, and using with alcohol when I was younger (I no longer do these things, which are quite dangerous), and my life has been almost normal.

June 8, 2013 7:35 PM

Review by Steve R:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: This is an absolutely wonderful medication. Xanax, along with 40mg of Prozac, has given me my life back. No more insane panic attacks and no more not being able to sleep. Take no more than what the doctor says to take in one day.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2013 1:29 PM

Review by B0gdan:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I had severe anxiety, agoraphobia. I am on Xanax for about 3-4 month started with 0.25mg morning and 0.25mg at night and now on 0.50mg two times a day and feel great. No panic and my life is much easy. The world is more familiar and I can go anywhere. It's like I have wings now. I will try to leave the medication in future but for now I accept my situation because I like the feeling of living. As an anxious I was afraid of death same as I was afraid of life. Now, I LIVE.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2013 3:58 AM