User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 2 reviews 53 medications

Depression 58 reviews 75 medications

8.6
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 651 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I used to live with severe panic attacks and overall always full of anxiety.This medication works so well that I feel very normal again.The nightmares, shaking, nausea, panicking, sweaty and restless feeling and anxiety all stopped.I highly recommend this medication for people who genuinely need a Benzodiazapene to regulate the central nervous system.Make sure you don't abruptly stop taking them though as you will feel extremely ill! Do keep your DR. informed of any side effects.They are pretty mild, however can cause weight gain and lower sex drive."

Alex J. October 1, 2014

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "i have been on and off Xanax since its release in the '80's. Two years I attempted to wean myself off. My reasoning was that 0.25mg twice a day was too much and I was still panicking. After 3 days I had a full panic attack. Took 1/2 of a Xanax and called my M.D. He said that he did not know what to do. I called a psych. I continued on the o.25 mg twice a day. I continued to be panicking and paranoid. He placed on Xanax 0.5mg XR in morning and 1mg XR at bedtime. I feel so much better. I continue to worry about withdrawals, but having to take two pills a day is no big deal if you have ever had an attack. I also did not try to hide the fact from people I thought who would find me flawed for taking Xanax. This was freeing."

MoMa46 September 27, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "awesome"

valii September 26, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Just got prescribed 0.5mg of Xanax. Within a half hour the intrusive thoughts and panic attacks stopped. Taking sparingly, only when needed. Definitely a good thing to take at your worst moments, but not good for regular use."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have daily anxiety and was on Ativan for a while and while I loved the Ativan I was looking for something longer acting - my psychiatrist tried me on Xanax XR 0.05mg. For me, this medicine is a God send. In the beginning when I first starting taking it I did notice some slight dizziness and 'weird' feelings but I stuck with it and once it regulated in my system (about 3-4 weeks) I feel totally normal and calm on it with zero side effects. I have since upped my dose to the 1mg Xanax XR twice daily if I need it, but some days I only take one pill to get me through the day and deal with the anxiety at night since I'm home and then take a pill in the morning like normal. My advice would be to start it on the lowest dose and work your way up."

Girl25 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have panic disorder and Xanax has helped me greatly. The only problem that I have experienced is that I have become resistant to it. Rather than .25mg helping, I need to take 3 to calm down. My doctor only allows me 30 .25mg pills per month, so I'm petrified that at some point, I am going to have an attack after I have run out of meds."

Feline1978 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 3, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I use alprazolam since 1999 and feel good. I have a quiet life. Psychiatrists in Puerto Rico do not want to prescribe Alprazolam and affects many people. I used 4 mg and now only use 2mg."

Gio40 (taken for 10 years or more) September 3, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on quite a few antidepressants in addition to Xanax. The antidepressants made my anxiety and panic worse, needing to increase my intake of Xanax when on the antidepressant(s). I was really reluctant to take the Xanax when I was first prescribed the medication. I have been of Pristiq for 8 months now and have lowered my Xanax from 1 mg in the morning, 1mg midday and 2 mg at bed. I am now taking 0.5mg in the morning and 1.5 mg at bed. I am taking vitamins, doing yoga and taking better care of myself. My doctor knows, I am honest. He wanted me to take 2mg every 8 hours but never did. My Mother just died a few weeks ago and have been getting really bad anxiety and still the same dose helps me. Hope this helps."

AJPisces August 20, 2014

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "It is very helpful if you have panic disorder, anxiety, depression or you get seizures, because I have all those symptoms. It calms you right away and that's exactly what you need if you have the symptoms that I have. I also have get very bad dreams, so when I wake up in the middle of the night it is very helpful. But there's always a bad side to the medication. You stop feeling the affect, so after you have been taking it for about 6 months you need to increase the dose. But that's not always the answer you might be on the right dose or you could need more or less but that's up to your doctor. But this medication is very helpful with my every day life! Fast realizing stress medication. I have been taking it since I was 16 now I am now 24."

Cherrygirl01281929 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "The best to ease the stress"

NishaPooh August 9, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "After a recent medical diagnosis, I had a difficult time coping and felt a tremendous sense of fear and worry constantly. Brought me to the point I was physically ill everyday and having panic attacks frequently. Xanax is wonderful when you find the right dose. Too much and I became a zombie. 0.25 MG was my perfect dose. It brought me down from panic and allowed me to take a step back and deal with my problems rationally."

doxie789 August 2, 2014

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "It makes any impossible situation more possible, it controls violence rage temper anger towards others. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, panic attacks and keeps you calm. The best!"

Lil Locita:) July 30, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Tinnitus: "I have suffered with tinnitus and mild hearing loss for the past 10 years. I had gotten to the point of completely "losing" it. The constant ringing, buzzing, etc. was driving me insane and causing anxiety. My doctor prescribed Xanax for the anxiety, but it clearly brought the tinnitus under control. I no longer suffer from anxiety because I'm no longer stressed by the continuous noise. Xanax gets a bad rap, but it saved me and made my life normal again. Many thanks to my doctor."

sadie66 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was in England when I started getting feeling of depersonalization, forehead pressure, fear, negative thoughts and irritation etc. I came back to my country and consulted a doctor. He diagnosed me with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. What he prescribed me may have worked but honestly speaking I did not give fair chance to the prescribed medicine. He did not prescribe me Xanax but I managed to get it from somewhere myself as I had read about its effectiveness against anxiety. It worked perfectly for me. I killed my anxiety with it. It normalizes me and keeps me going ahead in life. I give 9/10. "

vicky123 July 26, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I started this medicine about 2 months ago for severe anxiety. I tried everything they had out there for anxiety but nothing worked until now. I still get a panic attack once in a while but something I can handle. Anxiety cause me to have heart disease and other problem health issues. I recommend Xanax XR."

sam ann m July 21, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I thought this medicine might help with the onset of an atrial fibrillation attack and it does! Not a guarantee but very often helps especially at night when I feel something coming on...it allows me to fall into a deeper sleep which at times kicks the onset. Also very useful for anxiousness, as documented. I do not take it daily, only when needed."

Kathy mom July 11, 2014

For Anxiety: "Works well for anxiety attack."

Lisa AB July 10, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I take 0.25mg three times a day for panic attacks. I wish I could say Xanax stops the panic attacks completely, but it only lessons the symptoms until I feel okay enough to calm myself down with breathing exercises. Other than that--- Xanax is a miracle."

Cortneyrb July 8, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I get intense panic attacks. Xanax is very effective at working quickly to stop a panic attack. It saved my life, until after a few months I tried to stop taking it and got horrible withdrawals. I felt like I was dying, my anxiety was worse than it had ever been in my life, high blood pressure (and mine is naturally low), tachycardia, hallucinations, tremors. I hope anyone considering taking Xanax takes it at a low dose and not daily. If daily, do not quit cold turkey. "

Ashley O. (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 4, 2014

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "This medication works great for anxiety if taken the correct way."

Anonymous June 19, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "Okay for panic disorder."

TjIz May 30, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "First time taking Xanax today and I feel great! The doctor prescribed me 0.5mg every 6 hours but I took a 0.25 and it helped tremendously! I am calm and able to function. All those anxious and negative thoughts just slip away."

Shanae r May 21, 2014

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This worked great."

pillpoppin me2esc squad 215 (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "This medication has helped me live a normal life well more normal. I don't worry much about nothing and I can go into Walmart and feel comfortable. My social life is improving as well. There were times I couldn't get myself to interact with people sometimes I wouldn't even answer the phone. I've only been on this medicine for a little over a month it has truly been a lifesaver. I am sleeping like a baby I can't remember the last time I've struggled to calm down and go to sleep only to wake up several times a night using the bathroom or just couldn't relax. My quality of life is getting much better."

chig81 May 7, 2014

158 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "No side effects, effectively reduced my anxiety."

CrazyBeautiful21 May 5, 2014