User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Alprazolam Review Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Tinnitus.

Reviews for Alprazolam to treat Tinnitus

"I have OCD & health anxiety I been taking Xanax for the past year & now I develop tinnitus. I really don't know what caused my ears to ring but that's the only prescribed drug I'm taking right now I only take it at night because it helps me sleep but sometimes I take another pill in the morning . The milligrams is the low 0.5"

Sylvixen (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2015

"Xanax absolutely saved me from going crazy from tinnitus. Lowered my anxiety due to hissing loudly at night. I also use low sodium and drink plenty of water. The white noise app helps a lot. I wear ear buds on low for 15 minutes and it usually lowers the sound in my head. I especially like the shower sound. I never need xanax during the day. I use .5mg or 1mg XR(generic) at night. Bless all of you who have the crazy T."

Andipandi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2015

"I have had this constant ringing in my ear for years now up until today I didn't even know there was a name for it but after reading all these testimonials I tried a Xanax and finally some relief! For people who have this you know what I mean. Thank God for Xanax. "

adams123 January 31, 2015

"I have suffered with tinnitus and mild hearing loss for the past 10 years. I had gotten to the point of completely "losing" it. The constant ringing, buzzing, etc. was driving me insane and causing anxiety. My doctor prescribed Xanax for the anxiety, but it clearly brought the tinnitus under control. I no longer suffer from anxiety because I'm no longer stressed by the continuous noise. Xanax gets a bad rap, but it saved me and made my life normal again. Many thanks to my doctor."

sadie66 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2014

"I was dignosed 2 years ago with hearing loss related tinnitus. The hissing was so loud I could not sleep. I tried masking devices, supplements, etc and nothing worked. My doctor prescribed Xanax to relax me enough to get some rest at night. After 2 nights, the hissing subsided during the day. Now some days I have little or no head noise. I continue to take Xanax with no side effects except being a little tired in the afternoon. Please try this medicine if your tinnitus is interfering with your life. Talk to your doctor about dosage."

mr l May 1, 2014

Xanax (alprazolam): "Lifesaving. Was completely nonfunctional before being put on it. I understand the risks but the risks of disabling tinnitus were 1 million times worse. This medicine needs to be studied further as I also agree that severe tinnitus related to sudden sensorineural hearing loss is a brain condition. I tried a million things beforehand (steroids, steroids injected into ear, hyperbaric oxygen, etc.) Xanax saved my life."

Myinput February 3, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My ears were ringing like crazy, I was almost to start break down and cry, but I was reading on one guys experience on how to best the ringing and everything he went thru I was going thru so I stsrted to do exactly what he said is to tune it out cause the more you think about it the worse it gets because with titinus you csn become your own worst enemy. So I keep reading on other testimonials and read alot of people took zanax and it seemed to quite the ringing down. So I had a zanax 0.5mg took it also because I couldnt sleep, the next day I woke up with a slight ringing and as the day progressed it went completely away Thank the lord.I truly believe that this oh s a condition thats related to the nrevous system there is s cure out."

cat bird (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2014

"1 year ago (Sept, 2012) First serve in doubles tennis, hit me behind right ear; tinnitus ever since. As little as 0.125 Mg of Xanadu "tones it down"."

Daleh30354 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 18, 2013

"I have been using alprazolam for more than a year for my tinnitus, it does help especially in the evening. I take a 1mg tab at 6pm & 9pm. IT definitely makes it Easier to cope."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2013

Xanax (alprazolam): "Tinnitus, very loud and lasts all day and night. Couldn't sleep until I used Xanax and it worked great!"

Lyndalyn January 21, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam): "I was taking 3mg per day at equal intervals. I tried to stop completely, and the noise came roaring back. So, I went back on 3mg per day, and the noise is reduced by 50% or more, with minimal side effects so far."

tjsnowymanbird (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2012

Xanax (alprazolam): "This worked great for me until my Doctor retired and the new Doctor taking over patients wont prescribe it. Now ringing in ears is back in full force."

Anonymous October 4, 2011

Xanax XR (alprazolam): "I have been taking Xanax XR for about 8 years. Prior to that, I took Xanax every 4 hours. My tinnitus is so loud it cannot be tested, and after a lifetime of living with tinnitus, I sought help. Xanax XR is better than Xanax for me because you take it once a day and it continually releases, preventing ups and downs and the autonomic functions check which increases T after sleep. Panic attacks are gone from residual nervousness tinnitus causes. Definitely my quality of life is better, although Xanax XR is not a cure."

flicker March 14, 2011

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam): "I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the only thing besides ginko biloba that helps. I strongly recommend it. I'd rather be a little sleepy at times then hear totally insane ringing in my ears all the time."

Anonymous November 8, 2010

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam): "Working well to help me relax and go to sleep."

meangene April 27, 2010

Xanax (alprazolam): "It helps me a lot and I don't know what I'd do without it. It has changed my life. Thank you to whoever made this drug."

Anonymous November 18, 2009

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've used this drug for 14 years. I developed severe tinnitus. The drug (per research at Oregon Health & Sciences Univ Tinnitus Clinic) seems to reduce the loudness I experience and was given me originally to reduce anxiety about head noise enough to let me sleep. I began taking 1 .25 mg tab per night. 14 years later I take 3 .25 per night to sleep. I take "drug holidays" every 3 monhs for a week. Side effects do occur if you do not progressively reduce dose as you go I've had no side effec"

Anonymous March 30, 2008