User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Alprazolam review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Tinnitus.

Reviews for Alprazolam to treat Tinnitus

Review by Myinput: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam): Lifesaving. Was completely nonfunctional before being put on it. I understand the risks but the risks of disabling tinnitus were 1 million times worse. This medicine needs to be studied further as I also agree that severe tinnitus related to sudden sensorineural hearing loss is a brain condition. I tried a million things beforehand (steroids, steroids injected into ear, hyperbaric oxygen, etc.) Xanax saved my life.

February 3, 2014 5:50 PM
Review by cat bird (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

alprazolam: My ears were ringing like crazy, I was almost to start break down and cry, but I was reading on one guys experience on how to best the ringing and everything he went thru I was going thru so I stsrted to do exactly what he said is to tune it out cause the more you think about it the worse it gets because with titinus you csn become your own worst enemy. So I keep reading on other testimonials and read alot of people took zanax and it seemed to quite the ringing down. So I had a zanax 0.5mg took it also because I couldnt sleep, the next day I woke up with a slight ringing and as the day progressed it went completely away Thank the lord.I truly believe that this oh s a condition thats related to the nrevous system there is s cure out.

January 16, 2014 4:44 PM
Review by Daleh30354 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

alprazolam: 1 year ago (Sept, 2012) First serve in doubles tennis, hit me behind right ear; tinnitus ever since. As little as 0.125 Mg of Xanadu "tones it down".

October 18, 2013 1:14 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

alprazolam: I have been using alprazolam for more than a year for my tinnitus, it does help especially in the evening. I take a 1mg tab at 6pm & 9pm. IT definitely makes it Easier to cope.

July 3, 2013 3:25 AM
Review by Lyndalyn: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam): Tinnitus, very loud and lasts all day and night. Couldn't sleep until I used Xanax and it worked great!

January 21, 2013 10:42 PM
Review by tjsnowymanbird (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam): I was taking 3mg per day at equal intervals. I tried to stop completely, and the noise came roaring back. So, I went back on 3mg per day, and the noise is reduced by 50% or more, with minimal side effects so far.

August 19, 2012 6:07 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam): This worked great for me until my Doctor retired and the new Doctor taking over patients wont prescribe it. Now ringing in ears is back in full force.

October 4, 2011 5:33 PM
Review by flicker: User Rating:

Xanax XR (alprazolam): I have been taking Xanax XR for about 8 years. Prior to that, I took Xanax every 4 hours. My tinnitus is so loud it cannot be tested, and after a lifetime of living with tinnitus, I sought help. Xanax XR is better than Xanax for me because you take it once a day and it continually releases, preventing ups and downs and the autonomic functions check which increases T after sleep. Panic attacks are gone from residual nervousness tinnitus causes. Definitely my quality of life is better, although Xanax XR is not a cure.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 14, 2011 3:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam): I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the only thing besides ginko biloba that helps. I strongly recommend it. I'd rather be a little sleepy at times then hear totally insane ringing in my ears all the time.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 8, 2010 9:43 PM
Review by meangene: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam): Working well to help me relax and go to sleep.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 27, 2010 11:05 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam): It helps me a lot and I don't know what I'd do without it. It has changed my life. Thank you to whoever made this drug.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 18, 2009 2:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

alprazolam: I've used this drug for 14 years. I developed severe tinnitus. The drug (per research at Oregon Health & Sciences Univ Tinnitus Clinic) seems to reduce the loudness I experience and was given me originally to reduce anxiety about head noise enough to let me sleep. I began taking 1 .25 mg tab per night. 14 years later I take 3 .25 per night to sleep. I take "drug holidays" every 3 monhs for a week. Side effects do occur if you do not progressively reduce dose as you go I've had no side effec

March 30, 2008 8:59 PM

Learn more about Tinnitus

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video