User Reviews for Botox

Upper Limb Spasticity 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Urinary Incontinence 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Botox reviews 43 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Botox

For Migraine Prevention "When I did the first treatment I didn't feel much, the doctor said he was going to use just half dose to see if that would work for me, It didn't help much. Then, when I came back in 3 months, he put me the whole dose and I would say It took like 2 weeks so I could finally feel the results. It was awesome!!!! I never used my medication again and was extremely happy with the results. Today, I am going for my 3rd session. If you are desperate maybe this could be a solution for you! Give it a try! If you are scared, you actually haven't felt the PAIN from a real migraine to actually be willing to do ANYTHING to not experience it again."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2015

For Migraine Prevention "Botox was the best thing I ever did for my headaches. I got my botox 2 weeks ago i had chronic migraines. I had a migraine when i went and one a day after. The doctor told me it may take 7 days to have the full effect. since the second migraine only 1 day after botox i haven't even had 1 migraine. Its a miracle. I'm a new woman. They don't inject it in cosmetic areas so you don't have to worry about a weird looking face I'm only 27.. I don't need botox so I was worried about using it for treatment there are risks of droopy eye. I did not have a bad experience I had the most extreme experience of no migraines. I have to share. Do this for a miracle"

ktomp April 25, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "My brother had Botox done last year for Bladder problems with MS. It has been the worst year since been diagnosed 20 years ago. He wasn't told he would need to use a catheter and he has severe vision problems. Has had constant UTI's terrible pain from using catheters and developed hemarrhoids after having Botox done. Now Botox worn off and still needs catheters and is in pain. He has been told he'll need to have more Botox so he won't feel the pain. Complete disaster and very costly trips to specialists."

GHC April 6, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I was not sure about botox in the bladder but thank heaven I tried it. I had given up going out , walking, sleeping and even visiting people. I am about to have my third treatment. I still do my exercises regularely and find that it now lasts me well over a year. I had given, up until my specialist recommended it for me. I sure am happy I listed to him. I had been told that there was nothing else that could be done by two other specialist. For anyone out there that is not sure please try it. It only takes 10 minutes in the office and then I am ready to go. You do not feel a thing. I am 73 yearsold."

Greatful (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2015

For Migraine "It has helped decrease the number of migraines, but it certainly is not perfect."

Mr.SeanP March 8, 2015

For Migraine Prevention "After 18 years of chronic cluster migraines, lasting 2-5 days each and occurring 2-3 times a month, I think that I have used every medication possible for prevention with no luck. Then every possible nasal spray, injection, and medication to end the migraine, they got better, but never went away and when I did not have a migraine I still had a headache. I had 3-4 days a month when I felt no pain in my head. I have just had my 4th Botox treatment, so at the 1 year mark, my migraines are mostly gone, maybe 1 during the 3 months and only lasting 2 days max. I have some soreness in my neck for a day or 2 after my Botox, but this cannot even compare to my chronic cluster migraines. I did not ever think that anything would give me this kind of relief."

Poodle3 Westerville Ohio (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2015

For Migraine Prevention "I used to have migraines for so many years, no treatments work until I have BOTOX injections. Now just use over the counter medications."

Hermana January 27, 2015

For Migraine Prevention "I have failed all treatments for my migraines. Botox was my absolute last resort. I just went for my 3rd session & have to say it's totally worth it. I've gotten up to 2 full months headache free. It's so wonderful to feel normal again!"

KaDel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2014

For Migraine Prevention "40+ years of migraines, foods, weather, you name it, day after day. Pills, ER, you name it. Finally tried Botox.. Didn't notice improvement first two cycles. Wits end. Started to help a little on 3rd, then wore off after two months. This time, full 200 units, no migraine for over a week so far.. That's miraculous!"

IdahoLady November 9, 2014

For Migraine Prevention "After suffering from 15+ migraines that sometimes lasted 3 days, for over a year, my doctor decided I would be a good candidate for Botox. After my first treatment, I had about 10 migraines in total. Botox also helped against normal triggers that would cause my migraines. On days I wouldn't have a full blown migraine prior to Botox, I had mild headaches consistently. This all died down after my first treatment. The needle itself does not hurt, but the actual injection of botox does a little. If you have anxiety from needles, I would make sure you have an allotted time after the treatment to lay down. It definitely is worth the shots for a better quality of life."

Kim C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "I am a 33 yo mom of 2. Very busy, very active. All the Overactive Bladder meds didn't really help and dry mouth was awful. I backed out of interstim twice, and when I heard about this option I was scared but had to try it, interstim was the only other choice. I am 7 days post botox 1st time. It has changed my life. I no longer have to void 3-4x before leaving my house to go somewhere. After having cystoscopies done, I was nervous. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The bladder where the injections were was painful voiding for 2 days, but it was worth it. No more voiding 3x per hour. If & when it wears off, I'd do it again. I have headaches off and on, may or may not be related but it was a life changer for me."

RAV1981 September 17, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "My wife started having chronic migraines after our 3rd child. We spent 3 years trying 3 classes of migraine medication with almost no benefit. We finally decided to try Botox injections. It have some relief noted after 6 months ( 1 treatment every 3 months). After 18 months she went from 12 migraines a month to 1. About 1 year ago our doctor moved and we tried to go without injections and they have slowly started back (now 10 per month). She is with a new doctor and we hope to see the benefit again. Having seen the benefit first hand, it may not be for everyone but I have read the studies and it absolutely can have benefit for someone with chronic daily migraines."

6 years experience with Botox (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 6, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "As of today I have received Botox for the forth time. I have explored over the years many, many options for treating my OAB (over active bladder) & IC (Intercystial Cystitis) including oral meds, physical therapy, a bladder sling (that was a good decision) & finally having the Interstem device implanted (that only produce a little improvement). I was my doctors first patient to receive the treatment. I am so grateful for this option. Before Botox I could not go far from home. Walking my dogs meant I had to wear a pad the size of a brick. By the time I made it home it would be soaked. At the age of 45I was depressed with my condition & options. Next week I am having my doctor remove my Interstim device. Having Botox is all I need."

Ranger520 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 8, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention "I have had migraines for 31 yrs beginning after hysterectomy. I average 16 migraine days every month that last from 4 to 72 hrs. I've tried every treatment except Depakot, which I refused because of the lasting bad side effects. I had the first of 3 Botox treatments in last month and had 11 days of migraines. Was hoping for less. My eyelids are droopy, vision blurred in right eye, and just now am able to raise my eyebrows just a little. I've read that these side effects go away by the time I get the next treatment. If it affects my eye sight every time, and I still have this many migraines, I'm questioning whether to continue treatments. "

Kathpb (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2014

For Migraine Prevention "I was referred to a specialist after 20 years of migraines. She spoke with me about botox for migraines which at that point in my life I was desperate for any cure. The day I had it done I had a severe migraine. The neurologist told me it would be more painful and it would probably make my side effects worse BUT that it would only last a couple weeks at max. It lasted 3weeks of stiff neck and soreness. But after a month it was worth the soreness and stiff neck because the botox kicked in and for some reason helped me stay migraine free for a whole YEAR!? I'd recommend this to anyone desperate for some relief."

4myboys May 2, 2014

For Migraine Prevention "Tried everything before Botox. This was miraculous!"

Gary San Diego (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2014

For Migraine "Botox for migraines is a miracle worker. I've been suffereing from extreme migraines since I was 10 (I am now 31). I have tried different Triptans (Maxalt, Zomig, Axert) and different preventative medications (anti-depressants, blood pressure) and none of them worked. My neurologist suggested I try Botox. It's been a month now and I have only expreienced 2 migraines. Both migraines were within the first week of receiving the shots (this is normal because it takes 10 days to work). I used to get around 20 migraines a month. Botox really is a miracle worker and I strongly recommend trying it if you suffer from sever migraines. It really works. I am a happier person since getting the Botox shots."

Lindsay Faye (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2014

For Migraine Prevention "I've had classic migraines for 35 yrs. I've tried many medications. Many times I've had to go to the ER for acute relief. The past few years they have reduced but I still battle with them. I just had botox injections for the first time it has only been one week. The injections were not too bad, most I barely felt but a few, ouch! This week I've had three sinus type migraines and I am not pleased. I had a lot of swelling on my forehead and my eyelids swelled to the point I could see the skin in my daily vision. My neck got stiff but not bad. I got the injections on my forehead and temple area's only. I am still suffering for over 28 hours with my third headache. Botox did not agree with me."

Vomiecuz (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2014

For Migraine Prevention "I've been getting Botox for migraines for over a year. I used to have migraines all day, every day. This has cut them down to 2-3 times a week. Although I do have to take other medication to help with it, I'm still very grateful that my dr had me do the treatments. It's every 3 months and I end up getting 37 injections and I believe 175-200 units. The only side effect is usually a week or two after my neck will be weak and I'll have trouble holding it up if I'm bent forward to pick something up. It goes away but kind of annoying at first. I would recommend this to anyone that is a chronic migraine sufferer like myself."

SXLLOVE (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2013

For Migraine Prevention "I've had migraines for 20 years. I tried all the different preventative meds, migraine meds, including several years of narcotics. My life went to hell about two years ago when I was abruptly taken off narcotics and was not warned of opiate dependancy. So, a mother of 7 sons, not a smoker or drinker found myself in a world you only see in movies. I didn't even realize that I was addicted to pain pills, it was a normal prescription I got every month to deal with migraines. With, the help of my husband and my cousin, I was able to get off of these pills. My body was full of poison, I did it, I detoxed! I started going to a pain clinic and was introduced to Botox. It changed my life, I do get sick after shots, but it is worth it to me."

amyzgot7boyz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2013

For Cervical Dystonia "I received injections in neck, shoulders and calf. Serious side effects of feeling like I have been poisoned for 1-2 weeks after the injections. I still have incredible pain and muscle weakness. My calf muscle still cramped and knotted. Difficulty swallowing at times. I really don't know if it worked at all for me. It's been a year and I still am wondering what benefits I am receiving."

janij (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2013

For Migraine "I have used MANY preventative and treatment therapy; migraines are in-excess of 15 days a month, up to >51 days straight. Please note: Medication will not react the same way for each person that takes it. For me, the Botox lessens the degree of the migraine, and with the normal level of my migraines averaging 6 - 8, then 3 - 5 on an average day is actually tolerable. However, I have heard from other people that it lessens the "frequency" of their migraines."

Chronic & Complex Migraines (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2013

For Migraine Prevention "I had migraines for years. I tried Imitrex and similar meds but ended up with rebound headaches. It was a vicious cycle. Narcotic meds also did not work. Botox was a miracle for me. Within two weeks my migraines had disappeared entirely! The Botox lasted for 4-6 months. I changed neurologists though last month and he had a different method of injection, using twice as much Botox (200 units instead of 100). Two days later I developed horrible neck pain that progressed from sore to being barely able to hold my head up. I could not look down, bend, brush my teeth, or even turn my head. My head felt as if it weighed 200 pounds. Doctor said it would go away in 2 weeks! 10% of folks get this "side effect." I am still suffering."

Marin Lady May 20, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Spasticity "Usually works for severe spasms in my upper back, neck, ect. This time was horrible. ended up in hospital 6 days later with uncontrollable trap pain, despite having someone massage for hours. No relief. My arms also went weak, could not even lift a cup. Ironically, usually pain in muscles all goes away and sometimes I have a weak Left arm, but I deal with it. This time, pain increased all over back and neck, ribs, arms, I could not lift anything or do anything. Hospital 5 days to try and relieve pain. Follow up with dr. in 4 more days. I will not get it again, as it did nothing for pain relief and caused both arms to not raise and have no strength and caused more pain because of it."

karmagirl216 (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2013

For Cervical Dystonia "This is probably the best solution to cervical dystonia out there, other than physical therapy. While it didn't take all my pain away, my headaches subsided tremendously! I highly recommend getting this done. It is only needed every 3 to 4 months, and the injections aren't too painful to sit through."

SammiWilson (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2013