User Reviews for Botox

Hyperhidrosis 2 reviews 9 medications

Chronic Spasticity 1 reviews 8 medications

Summary of Botox reviews 106 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Botox

For Migraine Prevention "So my first experience was just on the cosmetic side and it helped with my migraines beautifully! My forehead looked amazing, and my migraines had been reduced. However I still felt the onset of them in my neck and shoulders. So upon talking to my neurologist, he said since I benefitted from the cosmetic one, I should try the actual one for migraines. Its been four days and I'm so sore and like other people have said AVOID getting the neck injections!!! I can hardly hold my head up and I wake with neck and shoulder pain. I'm bruised on my shoulders and it's swollen. Now I'm just in overall pain. The neck weakness is horrible it's weird to think holding your head up is hard."

Sabs01 May 3, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I had the 31 recommended injections. In the first 24 hours, I developed extreme injection site pain. It felt like electrified acid had been injected into my head and neck. All the injection sites became extremely itchy and my eye balls were itchy. 48 hours later, my neck and shoulders locked into knots. At 72 hours (after the weekend), I returned to my doctor. Doctor said that it was all in my head, even though I couldn't turn my head to look over my shoulder. He prescribed Benadryl and Aleve. Benadryl helped the itchiness, but Aleve did nothing for the neck and shoulder pain. I've tried Motrin, heat, massage and muscle relaxers... nothing has worked. At 10 days out, I can't hold my head up. Doctor is sending me to the ER."

Its-not-worth-it (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I think it depends on if you really suffer with this condition or you just wee alot as to wether you will appreciate it. I'm 30 years old and for the last 5 years I've had to wear adult nappys to bed (which more often than not, leak) this is humiliating. I already suffer with borderline personality disorder, depression, Fibromyalgia, IBS, Stomach ulser and now this! It was making my life hell. I had my first injection last year which did decrease the frequency I had to wee and stopped the leaking bit unfortunately didn't stop having to wear adult nappys at night, BUT this changed my life!! I will be having my 2nd injection on the 9th May, higher dose this time, if you don't appreciate what this does you didn't suffer beforehand."

Sophhee30 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 27, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia "I have been having injections for over 1 year now. The dosage was increased, per my request, in December. This seemed to work well, although it still didn't last any longer. I went in in March for my next dose, which was the same as December, and this time it's just awful. I have constant tremor, I have jerky movements at times, neck pain, yet I can tell that muscles are definitely weaker....if fact even more so than last time. Is this a sign of too much? Or injection error? I am seeing a neurologist, I did have 1 appointment with a movement disorder specialist (3 hours away), does anyone have suggestions? Should I return to the specialist?? Any input is appreciated!"

marcy52 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "Went through 2 rounds of botox injections. Terrible side effects: stiff neck with pain. Cold chill down my back. Difficulty swallowing that has worsen with time. It's been 2 1/2 years since I had the injections! I wish I had never tried Botox. Looking for a specialist to help with my swallowing problem. Still have migraines."

hortencia April 17, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I got my second round of Botox yesterday. First one was in 2014. I think that depending on your doctor's experience and acknowledge with this medication is how you will get better. If your doctor put to much medication will not be good for you. Thanks to my doctor I feel better."

Guaguin (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I received my first round of Botox in October. I must admit there was some improvement in frequency and severity of my migraines. What I didn't understand is the many, many drug interactions associated with Botox. Please do your research before trying Botox. I went for my second round in January. I was hesitant because I really wasn't feeling well. But my NP advised a second round. That's when things went way wrong. After about a week, I wasn't able to take any migraine medication because it gave me extreme anxiety. Eventually I had anxiety full time. I admitted myself to a hospital after 3 visits to ER. None of the doctors acknowledged Botox side affects. I was really in the dark. Since then, I have done a lot of research. Dont do it!"

Dredders (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I just had another round of Botox injections three days ago. While I did get a uti from the procedure and it was a bit difficult to void the first two days I am 100% now. I even went to work the following day. I also had this procedure in March of 2015. That one didn't go so well in the beginning but I think it was because I was in a INTERSTITAL CYSTITIS flare. If you have it I feel your pain. After my flare calmed down I noticed the Botox actually worked really well. This time I made sure I was not in a flare before Botox and all is good. This is a last line of treatment for me and at just 31yrs old I'm so glad I have found it. It is not a lifelong fix it will most likely require treatment every three months to a year everyone is different"

Final frontier (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia "I have been diagnosed with cervical distonia and was given the botox injections and it has been10 days and I cannot bend my neck to even eat! I need to know what I can do about it! What other treatments are they?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I would suggest botox treatment for migraine as the best choice. I had severe headaches and doctor after diagnosing said that it is because of migraine.Took too many capsules for instant reliefs. But I couldn't see any changes in my situation. Parents were very much worried regarding the high dose capsule intake. Cousin suggested me to go for a therapeutic botox at Brampton. It brought wonderful changes to my life. Now I am totally free from my migraine problem."

Re007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I tried everything, including every med available, kegel exercises, diet modification to eliminate acids, accupuncture. Nothing helped. Finally asked for testing to determine what to be treated and it was spasms completely! TVT was perfect, mesh intact. Was leary of Botox but desperate to get rid of pads and soaking all the time! Doctor said would take 3 weeks; I was backed to normal within 3 days! No pads, no frequency, no urges, no complications at all with bladder emptying. I feel like the poster lady for it! Wonderful!! And I'm 70 years old! It's a miracle. Yes, was a bit uncomfortable getting it but took maybe 5-10 minutes and worth it! Be sure your urologist is board certified, does tons of the procedure consistently and regularly!"

Fancy pants (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I have tried numerous medications and everything has failed. I got Botox January of 2016 and it wore off 3 months later. My bladder has reverted back to how severe it was. I do not recommend Botox to anyone."

CAB77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia "Botox did not work for me. A geneticist confirmed that I have DYTI dystonia, which is one of the hereditary forms. The symptoms I'd experienced were on the left side of my neck. Botox DID reduce those movements. Unfortunately, my head steadily began to pull to the right and my torso twisted as well. I also experienced "floppy-head," which feels like someone is pushing the back of your head so that your chin nearly touches your chest. Not fun. Botox is also a toxic substance and the full effects are not yet known. All of this may be due to the genetic nature of my condition so it may work better for those with the secondary type."

Twist&Shout (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "This has been a nightmare. When the botox started working, I was barely able to urinate at all and my partner had to rush me to hospital emergency to get a catheter put in. My bladder was completely paralyzed from the botox. This treatment is really brutal! I had to then self catheterize 3 times per day for about 2 months until the botox wore off enough that I could urinate, and I've had multiple UTIs since then, which is another side effect of this treatment. If a doctor offers you this treatment, run a mile! Its not worth the pain and suffering that you will go through. Now, after 7 months, the botox has mostly worn off but its still difficult to empty the last bit out of my bladder because the bladder muscle is still partially paralyzed"

WeakBladderGuy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I had this treatment in January 2015 and it worked for me almost immediately. I will say that I was already doing catheters and I still do them twice a day if I didn't I would probably never pass urine so something to think about. I wish that I had this years ago when I was scared to leave the house or was always trying to think of where I could get to a public toilet. I have secondary Multiple Sclerosis and would like to ask if anyone has had problems with their legs since this procedure? I am falling at least once a day and this had started since the Botox."

blueridgelover February 7, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I am not having complete bladder emptying based on ins and outs of liquid. Is that a concern?"

Corny January 24, 2016

For Migraine "I'm on my third set of shots,and I'm experiencing a few problems, and I don't know if these are severe and should I be worried....on my left side my scalp is a little raw I have a huge knot behind my ear, I'm getting more knots in my head iIm nauseated dizzy have diarrhea, I can't sleep, I can't brush my hair.....my left side hurts this is the worst headache I have had yet, my neck hurts, my left side is numb the left side of my face is swollen my eye is swollen also only the left side. I get my next round of shots in March, it will be my fourth set of shots I haven't had side effects like this before can any body help me????"

melissa jaggers January 21, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "I had renal cell carcinoma that has caused. me to have retention and incontinence, I am going in Monday to have my first injection of botox. I am currently self cathetering and I hope after this procedure I am back to normal. Will follow up after procedure!"

Suez7161 January 16, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "After several years of suffering overactive bladder, using drugs that dry your mouth horribly, regularly getting soaked through, tried Botox injections last June. Uncomfortable procedure, but bearable. A week later I couldn't void at all, so started with catheters 5 times a day. Not ideal but quite ok, so much better than before. Quality of life so improved. Over 6 months on, can void 200-300 ml naturally most times, but still need 5 catheters a day for the rest. Will try it again. Much better than other treatments."

Gretti January 13, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I've been experiencing migraines since about 12 years old, I tried every medication and been in/out of hospitals. I'm 46 now and tried botox. I received my 2 series and my first was okay, but 1 month before , had a migraine for 2 weeks. Now, just this past week was in the emergency room, because I was crawling on the floor , my head was hurting so bad, and I was vomiting all night. I was still having around 7-8 headaches in the month. I will not be going for the 3 shot. I was still on the preventive, taking 2 different pills for onset. This seems like to much medication. I'm so frustrated with this. I'm just going to settle this is my way of life ;( "

Tarsha A. January 13, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "I have had migraines since a young girl not realizing what they were. In 2009 the migraines started getting so bad they started affecting my day to day life. Many trips to the doctors, and neurologists changing prescriptions often due to lack of effectiveness I was worried I would never find a medication that would help me. None of the oral medications were helping me. I started getting Botox injections almost a year ago Skeptical but ready to try. Somewhat apprehensive about so many needles, I have to try to see if this might just be the saving grace from migraines. I am happy to report the Botox is a miracle drug for me. The injections are uncomfortable, but going from >15 headaches a months to 3 or less/mo. I am very happy! Thanks!"

Domina January 7, 2016

For Migraine Prevention "It changed my quality of life for the better, but since having to change to new insurance, they will not allow it, so now I am back in agony again with Migraines!! I would give anything to be back on the one thing that has helped me in 50 years of searching!!"

Fernie January 3, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia "I have cervical dystonoa for almost four years. I started with physical therapy, this was for 4 months. I then tried acupuncture, this was tried for 2 months. After going to several other doctors, l found a movement disorder specialist. Is is the best thing that ever happened to me. I now get botex injections in my neck every 3 to 4 months. I occasionally still have small tremors, but it is 90% better. The only thing that is difficult for me is the pain in my neck when l get the shots. This usually goes away in 3 to 4 hours."

Boston 12345 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 31, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I have read all the posts and they all sound very similar. I will tell you I had the problem since I was a small child but it was chalked up as being a bed wetter. No treatment. Got married and symptoms not only worsened with intercourse but was treated as bladder infections instead of sever IC (was never diagnosed until many many years later). After having three children the spasms were so intense with the severe pain of IC I thought I would loose my mind. Pads were my best friend for the most part but would not be able to control the urine with the intense spasms so had a lot of wetting accidents even after taking every med created to treat the spasms to no avail. The vicious cycle became quite depressing. Always making sure I knew where.."

Leakyspazz December 30, 2015

For Migraine Prevention "I've been dealing w. chronic migraine for about four years now. Just don't really know why I get them honestly. But I do know that certain things triggers the migraines, like loud noises & severe temperature. Anyway, I did my first round of botox injections about 3 weeks ago. My headaches are coming just about every day now. I'm thinking it's definitely the Botox thats kicked in because I work in a quiet area. The injections were FINE.. Just hoping round 2 works. But that is as far as I'll go. I quit meds about a year ago. They all failed to work after 3-5 months of use. I'm only 22. It is the most irritating, emotional, & aggravating thing I've ever had to deal w. Just wanted 2know if anyone here does anything 2help them?? Maybe exercise,meditation"

NaomiiB December 29, 2015