User Reviews for Botox

Urinary Incontinence 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Botox reviews 35 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Botox

Review by IdahoLady:

For Migraine Prevention: 40+ years of migraines, foods, weather, you name it, day after day. Pills, ER, you name it. Finally tried Botox.. Didn't notice improvement first two cycles. Wits end. Started to help a little on 3rd, then wore off after two months. This time, full 200 units, no migraine for over a week so far.. That's miraculous!

November 9, 2014 12:35 AM

Review by Kim C. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Migraine Prevention: After suffering from 15+ migraines that sometimes lasted 3 days, for over a year, my doctor decided I would be a good candidate for Botox. After my first treatment, I had about 10 migraines in total. Botox also helped against normal triggers that would cause my migraines. On days I wouldn't have a full blown migraine prior to Botox, I had mild headaches consistently. This all died down after my first treatment. The needle itself does not hurt, but the actual injection of botox does a little. If you have anxiety from needles, I would make sure you have an allotted time after the treatment to lay down. It definitely is worth the shots for a better quality of life.

October 9, 2014 1:55 PM

Review by RAV1981:

For Overactive Bladder: I am a 33 yo mom of 2. Very busy, very active. All the Overactive Bladder meds didn't really help and dry mouth was awful. I backed out of interstim twice, and when I heard about this option I was scared but had to try it, interstim was the only other choice. I am 7 days post botox 1st time. It has changed my life. I no longer have to void 3-4x before leaving my house to go somewhere. After having cystoscopies done, I was nervous. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The bladder where the injections were was painful voiding for 2 days, but it was worth it. No more voiding 3x per hour. If & when it wears off, I'd do it again. I have headaches off and on, may or may not be related but it was a life changer for me.

September 17, 2014 11:03 PM

Review by 6 years experience with Botox (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Migraine Prevention: My wife started having chronic migraines after our 3rd child. We spent 3 years trying 3 classes of migraine medication with almost no benefit. We finally decided to try Botox injections. It have some relief noted after 6 months ( 1 treatment every 3 months). After 18 months she went from 12 migraines a month to 1. About 1 year ago our doctor moved and we tried to go without injections and they have slowly started back (now 10 per month). She is with a new doctor and we hope to see the benefit again. Having seen the benefit first hand, it may not be for everyone but I have read the studies and it absolutely can have benefit for someone with chronic daily migraines.

September 6, 2014 8:17 AM

Review by Ranger520 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Overactive Bladder: As of today I have received Botox for the forth time. I have explored over the years many, many options for treating my OAB (over active bladder) & IC (Intercystial Cystitis) including oral meds, physical therapy, a bladder sling (that was a good decision) & finally having the Interstem device implanted (that only produce a little improvement). I was my doctors first patient to receive the treatment. I am so grateful for this option. Before Botox I could not go far from home. Walking my dogs meant I had to wear a pad the size of a brick. By the time I made it home it would be soaked. At the age of 45I was depressed with my condition & options. Next week I am having my doctor remove my Interstim device. Having Botox is all I need.

August 8, 2014 8:39 PM

Review by Kathpb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Migraine Prevention: I have had migraines for 31 yrs beginning after hysterectomy. I average 16 migraine days every month that last from 4 to 72 hrs. I've tried every treatment except Depakot, which I refused because of the lasting bad side effects. I had the first of 3 Botox treatments in last month and had 11 days of migraines. Was hoping for less. My eyelids are droopy, vision blurred in right eye, and just now am able to raise my eyebrows just a little. I've read that these side effects go away by the time I get the next treatment. If it affects my eye sight every time, and I still have this many migraines, I'm questioning whether to continue treatments.

June 20, 2014 10:50 AM

Review by 4myboys:

For Migraine Prevention: I was referred to a specialist after 20 years of migraines. She spoke with me about botox for migraines which at that point in my life I was desperate for any cure. The day I had it done I had a severe migraine. The neurologist told me it would be more painful and it would probably make my side effects worse BUT that it would only last a couple weeks at max. It lasted 3weeks of stiff neck and soreness. But after a month it was worth the soreness and stiff neck because the botox kicked in and for some reason helped me stay migraine free for a whole YEAR!? I'd recommend this to anyone desperate for some relief.

May 2, 2014 1:17 AM

Review by Gary San Diego (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Migraine Prevention: Tried everything before Botox. This was miraculous!

April 11, 2014 2:41 AM

Review by Lindsay Faye (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Migraine: Botox for migraines is a miracle worker. I've been suffereing from extreme migraines since I was 10 (I am now 31). I have tried different Triptans (Maxalt, Zomig, Axert) and different preventative medications (anti-depressants, blood pressure) and none of them worked. My neurologist suggested I try Botox. It's been a month now and I have only expreienced 2 migraines. Both migraines were within the first week of receiving the shots (this is normal because it takes 10 days to work). I used to get around 20 migraines a month. Botox really is a miracle worker and I strongly recommend trying it if you suffer from sever migraines. It really works. I am a happier person since getting the Botox shots.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2014 2:29 PM

Review by Vomiecuz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Migraine Prevention: I've had classic migraines for 35 yrs. I've tried many medications. Many times I've had to go to the ER for acute relief. The past few years they have reduced but I still battle with them. I just had botox injections for the first time it has only been one week. The injections were not too bad, most I barely felt but a few, ouch! This week I've had three sinus type migraines and I am not pleased. I had a lot of swelling on my forehead and my eyelids swelled to the point I could see the skin in my daily vision. My neck got stiff but not bad. I got the injections on my forehead and temple area's only. I am still suffering for over 28 hours with my third headache. Botox did not agree with me.

February 17, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by SXLLOVE (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Migraine Prevention: I've been getting Botox for migraines for over a year. I used to have migraines all day, every day. This has cut them down to 2-3 times a week. Although I do have to take other medication to help with it, I'm still very grateful that my dr had me do the treatments. It's every 3 months and I end up getting 37 injections and I believe 175-200 units. The only side effect is usually a week or two after my neck will be weak and I'll have trouble holding it up if I'm bent forward to pick something up. It goes away but kind of annoying at first. I would recommend this to anyone that is a chronic migraine sufferer like myself.

December 10, 2013 6:40 PM

Review by amyzgot7boyz (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Migraine Prevention: I've had migraines for 20 years. I tried all the different preventative meds, migraine meds, including several years of narcotics. My life went to hell about two years ago when I was abruptly taken off narcotics and was not warned of opiate dependancy. So, a mother of 7 sons, not a smoker or drinker found myself in a world you only see in movies. I didn't even realize that I was addicted to pain pills, it was a normal prescription I got every month to deal with migraines. With, the help of my husband and my cousin, I was able to get off of these pills. My body was full of poison, I did it, I detoxed! I started going to a pain clinic and was introduced to Botox. It changed my life, I do get sick after shots, but it is worth it to me.

December 9, 2013 10:43 PM

Review by janij (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Cervical Dystonia: I received injections in neck, shoulders and calf. Serious side effects of feeling like I have been poisoned for 1-2 weeks after the injections. I still have incredible pain and muscle weakness. My calf muscle still cramped and knotted. Difficulty swallowing at times. I really don't know if it worked at all for me. It's been a year and I still am wondering what benefits I am receiving.

November 6, 2013 12:01 AM

Review by Chronic & Complex Migraines (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Migraine: I have used MANY preventative and treatment therapy; migraines are in-excess of 15 days a month, up to >51 days straight. Please note: Medication will not react the same way for each person that takes it. For me, the Botox lessens the degree of the migraine, and with the normal level of my migraines averaging 6 - 8, then 3 - 5 on an average day is actually tolerable. However, I have heard from other people that it lessens the "frequency" of their migraines.

June 23, 2013 12:58 PM

Review by Marin Lady:

For Migraine Prevention: I had migraines for years. I tried Imitrex and similar meds but ended up with rebound headaches. It was a vicious cycle. Narcotic meds also did not work. Botox was a miracle for me. Within two weeks my migraines had disappeared entirely! The Botox lasted for 4-6 months. I changed neurologists though last month and he had a different method of injection, using twice as much Botox (200 units instead of 100). Two days later I developed horrible neck pain that progressed from sore to being barely able to hold my head up. I could not look down, bend, brush my teeth, or even turn my head. My head felt as if it weighed 200 pounds. Doctor said it would go away in 2 weeks! 10% of folks get this "side effect." I am still suffering.

May 20, 2013 3:59 AM

Review by karmagirl216 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Spasticity: Usually works for severe spasms in my upper back, neck, ect. This time was horrible. ended up in hospital 6 days later with uncontrollable trap pain, despite having someone massage for hours. No relief. My arms also went weak, could not even lift a cup. Ironically, usually pain in muscles all goes away and sometimes I have a weak Left arm, but I deal with it. This time, pain increased all over back and neck, ribs, arms, I could not lift anything or do anything. Hospital 5 days to try and relieve pain. Follow up with dr. in 4 more days. I will not get it again, as it did nothing for pain relief and caused both arms to not raise and have no strength and caused more pain because of it.

April 12, 2013 2:58 PM

Review by SammiWilson (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Cervical Dystonia: This is probably the best solution to cervical dystonia out there, other than physical therapy. While it didn't take all my pain away, my headaches subsided tremendously! I highly recommend getting this done. It is only needed every 3 to 4 months, and the injections aren't too painful to sit through.

February 8, 2013 12:50 AM

Review by Sarnie (taken for 10 years or more):

For Cervical Dystonia: I have suffered with cervical dystonia for over ten years I am now having botox every 2 months and now the amount has increased, I wouldn't be without it, but feel now that it isn't working as well as it used to. Have a fantastic Consultant Neurologist.

January 18, 2013 11:09 AM

Review by Anxiety ridden (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Migraine Prevention: Although this has greatly reduced my migraines in frequency and severity, the week after receiving it I go into extreme anxiety and weepiness that is crippling. It makes me nauseous and low. It subsides after about a week.

December 23, 2012 11:47 AM

Review by Pissoire (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Overactive Bladder: I was in a low dose Botox trial (300 vs 800) at a military medical facility. Detrol & Ditropan didn't work. I had frequent urgency, cramping caused by having to hold my urine, and many accidents. I was going to the loo all the time, having to leave meetings and bouncing around at my desk trying to hold my urine for any length (2 minutes) of time. I received botox which by tiny injections at the entrance of my bladder. A little uncomfortable. The next day I had no unusual urge to go, no cramps, no more bouncing, no running to the loo and many Depends a day. I was a totally normal without fear of accidents or ammonia smell for 8 months. It was fabulous - I was a real person again.

December 19, 2012 4:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Migraine Prevention: My migraines became so severe and frequent that I was taking more abortive medications than my insurance covered. I also tried countless preventative medications but could not cope with the strange side effects of these pills. Four years ago, I started seeing a different neurologist at the military hospital and she recommended trying Botox injections. At first, I was quite hesitant. My first set of injections were practically painless. The sensation is similar to plucking eyebrow hairs, but nothing like getting a bikini wax! I've continued Botox every 3 months and my headaches are down to maybe 1 per month and they no longer affect my life as a busy mom. Botox has been a miracle for me!

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2012 11:57 PM

Review by RaeRay:

For Migraine Prevention: I'm very grateful the FDA approved this! I've suffered with debilitating migraines for 25 years now and have tried every medication prescribed and OTC, unfortunately the only thing that would take away the pain are narcotics. Since using Botox treatments my migraines are under control and down to approximately 4-5 a month compared to 20-25. I feel as though I have a life again and not living hour to hour, not having a life in fear of having a migraine. Also VERY grateful to have good insurance that pays for this.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2011 3:14 AM

For Migraine Prevention: I had a constant 24/7 headache for two years straight before trying Botox. I tried every other conceivable medication to no avail, but Botox cut my pain to a third of its previous level. I still get injections every four months or so, but it's been three years and I still have the much lower pain level, can work, and am thankful everyday for Botox.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 23, 2011 3:32 PM

Review by twatface:

For Dystonia: Highly effective for tonic spasms around my eyes. Drawbacks are that it is only temporary and is also dependent on skill of doctor administering to hit exact spot to relieve spasm. Usually lasts around 3 months for me though it varies for other patients.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2011 7:02 PM

For Overactive Bladder: After trying Vesicare and Enablex, neither of which offered much relief; with the side effect of dry mouth making it difficult to do my job which involves many daily consultations. I felt as though they caused my speech to be noticeably affected in a negative way. Botox has truly changed my life. The procedure itself was unpleasant but the results that I experienced within 7 days have given me (and my frustrated family) normalcy. If all else has failed, I highly recommend it. My extended medical plan denied my claim for reimbursement as Botox is not yet approved by Health Canada for this indication. I have an appeal filed.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2011 5:31 PM