User Reviews for Botox

Urinary Incontinence 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Botox reviews 28 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Botox

Review by Gary San Diego (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: Tried everything before Botox. This was miraculous!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 11, 2014 2:41 AM
Review by Lindsay Faye (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: Botox for migraines is a miracle worker. I've been suffereing from extreme migraines since I was 10 (I am now 31). I have tried different Triptans (Maxalt, Zomig, Axert) and different preventative medications (anti-depressants, blood pressure) and none of them worked. My neurologist suggested I try Botox. It's been a month now and I have only expreienced 2 migraines. Both migraines were within the first week of receiving the shots (this is normal because it takes 10 days to work). I used to get around 20 migraines a month. Botox really is a miracle worker and I strongly recommend trying it if you suffer from sever migraines. It really works. I am a happier person since getting the Botox shots.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 26, 2014 2:29 PM
Review by Vomiecuz (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: I've had classic migraines for 35 yrs. I've tried many medications. Many times I've had to go to the ER for acute relief. The past few years they have reduced but I still battle with them. I just had botox injections for the first time it has only been one week. The injections were not too bad, most I barely felt but a few, ouch! This week I've had three sinus type migraines and I am not pleased. I had a lot of swelling on my forehead and my eyelids swelled to the point I could see the skin in my daily vision. My neck got stiff but not bad. I got the injections on my forehead and temple area's only. I am still suffering for over 28 hours with my third headache. Botox did not agree with me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 17, 2014 11:29 PM
Review by SXLLOVE (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: I've been getting Botox for migraines for over a year. I used to have migraines all day, every day. This has cut them down to 2-3 times a week. Although I do have to take other medication to help with it, I'm still very grateful that my dr had me do the treatments. It's every 3 months and I end up getting 37 injections and I believe 175-200 units. The only side effect is usually a week or two after my neck will be weak and I'll have trouble holding it up if I'm bent forward to pick something up. It goes away but kind of annoying at first. I would recommend this to anyone that is a chronic migraine sufferer like myself.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2013 6:40 PM
Review by amyzgot7boyz (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: I've had migraines for 20 years. I tried all the different preventative meds, migraine meds, including several years of narcotics. My life went to hell about two years ago when I was abruptly taken off narcotics and was not warned of opiate dependancy. So, a mother of 7 sons, not a smoker or drinker found myself in a world you only see in movies. I didn't even realize that I was addicted to pain pills, it was a normal prescription I got every month to deal with migraines. With, the help of my husband and my cousin, I was able to get off of these pills. My body was full of poison, I did it, I detoxed! I started going to a pain clinic and was introduced to Botox. It changed my life, I do get sick after shots, but it is worth it to me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 9, 2013 10:43 PM
Review by janij (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: I received injections in neck, shoulders and calf. Serious side effects of feeling like I have been poisoned for 1-2 weeks after the injections. I still have incredible pain and muscle weakness. My calf muscle still cramped and knotted. Difficulty swallowing at times. I really don't know if it worked at all for me. It's been a year and I still am wondering what benefits I am receiving.

November 6, 2013 12:01 AM
Review by Chronic & Complex Migraines (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: I have used MANY preventative and treatment therapy; migraines are in-excess of 15 days a month, up to >51 days straight. Please note: Medication will not react the same way for each person that takes it. For me, the Botox lessens the degree of the migraine, and with the normal level of my migraines averaging 6 - 8, then 3 - 5 on an average day is actually tolerable. However, I have heard from other people that it lessens the "frequency" of their migraines.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 23, 2013 12:58 PM
Review by Marin Lady: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: I had migraines for years. I tried Imitrex and similar meds but ended up with rebound headaches. It was a vicious cycle. Narcotic meds also did not work. Botox was a miracle for me. Within two weeks my migraines had disappeared entirely! The Botox lasted for 4-6 months. I changed neurologists though last month and he had a different method of injection, using twice as much Botox (200 units instead of 100). Two days later I developed horrible neck pain that progressed from sore to being barely able to hold my head up. I could not look down, bend, brush my teeth, or even turn my head. My head felt as if it weighed 200 pounds. Doctor said it would go away in 2 weeks! 10% of folks get this "side effect." I am still suffering.

May 20, 2013 3:59 AM
Review by karmagirl216 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Spasticity: Usually works for severe spasms in my upper back, neck, ect. This time was horrible. ended up in hospital 6 days later with uncontrollable trap pain, despite having someone massage for hours. No relief. My arms also went weak, could not even lift a cup. Ironically, usually pain in muscles all goes away and sometimes I have a weak Left arm, but I deal with it. This time, pain increased all over back and neck, ribs, arms, I could not lift anything or do anything. Hospital 5 days to try and relieve pain. Follow up with dr. in 4 more days. I will not get it again, as it did nothing for pain relief and caused both arms to not raise and have no strength and caused more pain because of it.

April 12, 2013 2:58 PM
Review by SammiWilson (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: This is probably the best solution to cervical dystonia out there, other than physical therapy. While it didn't take all my pain away, my headaches subsided tremendously! I highly recommend getting this done. It is only needed every 3 to 4 months, and the injections aren't too painful to sit through.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 8, 2013 12:50 AM
Review by Sarnie (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: I have suffered with cervical dystonia for over ten years I am now having botox every 2 months and now the amount has increased, I wouldn't be without it, but feel now that it isn't working as well as it used to. Have a fantastic Consultant Neurologist.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 18, 2013 11:09 AM
Review by Anxiety ridden (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: Although this has greatly reduced my migraines in frequency and severity, the week after receiving it I go into extreme anxiety and weepiness that is crippling. It makes me nauseous and low. It subsides after about a week.

December 23, 2012 11:47 AM
Review by Pissoire (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: I was in a low dose Botox trial (300 vs 800) at a military medical facility. Detrol & Ditropan didn't work. I had frequent urgency, cramping caused by having to hold my urine, and many accidents. I was going to the loo all the time, having to leave meetings and bouncing around at my desk trying to hold my urine for any length (2 minutes) of time. I received botox which by tiny injections at the entrance of my bladder. A little uncomfortable. The next day I had no unusual urge to go, no cramps, no more bouncing, no running to the loo and many Depends a day. I was a totally normal without fear of accidents or ammonia smell for 8 months. It was fabulous - I was a real person again.

December 19, 2012 4:59 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: My migraines became so severe and frequent that I was taking more abortive medications than my insurance covered. I also tried countless preventative medications but could not cope with the strange side effects of these pills. Four years ago, I started seeing a different neurologist at the military hospital and she recommended trying Botox injections. At first, I was quite hesitant. My first set of injections were practically painless. The sensation is similar to plucking eyebrow hairs, but nothing like getting a bikini wax! I've continued Botox every 3 months and my headaches are down to maybe 1 per month and they no longer affect my life as a busy mom. Botox has been a miracle for me!

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 26, 2012 11:57 PM
Review by RaeRay: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: I'm very grateful the FDA approved this! I've suffered with debilitating migraines for 25 years now and have tried every medication prescribed and OTC, unfortunately the only thing that would take away the pain are narcotics. Since using Botox treatments my migraines are under control and down to approximately 4-5 a month compared to 20-25. I feel as though I have a life again and not living hour to hour, not having a life in fear of having a migraine. Also VERY grateful to have good insurance that pays for this.

December 28, 2011 3:14 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: I had a constant 24/7 headache for two years straight before trying Botox. I tried every other conceivable medication to no avail, but Botox cut my pain to a third of its previous level. I still get injections every four months or so, but it's been three years and I still have the much lower pain level, can work, and am thankful everyday for Botox.

December 23, 2011 3:32 PM
Review by twatface: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Dystonia: Highly effective for tonic spasms around my eyes. Drawbacks are that it is only temporary and is also dependent on skill of doctor administering to hit exact spot to relieve spasm. Usually lasts around 3 months for me though it varies for other patients.

December 4, 2011 7:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: After trying Vesicare and Enablex, neither of which offered much relief; with the side effect of dry mouth making it difficult to do my job which involves many daily consultations. I felt as though they caused my speech to be noticeably affected in a negative way. Botox has truly changed my life. The procedure itself was unpleasant but the results that I experienced within 7 days have given me (and my frustrated family) normalcy. If all else has failed, I highly recommend it. My extended medical plan denied my claim for reimbursement as Botox is not yet approved by Health Canada for this indication. I have an appeal filed.

October 14, 2011 5:31 PM
Review by Sweaty Susie: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Hyperhidrosis: I just got the botox done on my armpits as well as my palms. The hands hurt a lot more than the armpits but I%u2019m not seeing a difference. The sweat is still there and I still have to be cautious of the material I wear as well as the color. Also, I am still feeling a lot of pain in my hands and have muscle weakness.

October 3, 2011 10:13 AM
Review by Anon Gram: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: Have had intractable migraines for 38 yrs-just had 31 injections for migraine a month ago. Within 3 days I began having muscle spasms in neck/shoulders 24/7. Went back to neurologist and he gave me Lidoderm Patches (12 hrs on 12 hrs off). They help somewhat but the adhesive breaks out my skin. I chose to wear them during the day so I can function at work. My head feels so heavy that my neck muscles don't feel that they can support it so I have to lie down in my car at work every few hours to relieve pressure. Am supposed to have a 2nd round of injections in 2 months but have decided the side effects are worse than my 3-4 migraines wk. At least I had a few days without any pain before.

September 29, 2011 10:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: I've had migraines for 26 years. I've tried every migraine medication with no success. They either didn't work or the side effects were intolerable. This migraine has lasted 1 year. I received Botox injections and woke up the next morning with no pain. Finally relief with relatively little side effects. I would recommend this to anyone who has minimal relief from typical migraine medications.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 18, 2011 8:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: Botox is the only medicine that has stopped my migraines for 4-5 months at a time. I've had migraines for over 40 years now and I'm very happy that it is now approved by the FDA for migraine treatment.

March 10, 2011 12:59 PM
Review by TheKaiser: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Dystonia: Botox A has worked extremely well for my cervical dystonia but also, has been marginally effective for my trunkal dystonia. The injections were made by Joseph Jankovic MD, who pioneered the use of botox for treating dystonia.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 10, 2010 10:06 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: I have cervical dystonia and have been treated with Botox for 2.5 years. Botox had many many side effects for me in the beginning. Trouble swallowing, severe headaches, floppy head. It does take away the spasms where it is injected but I am finding help with trigger point injections and osteopathic adjustments. They don't stop as much of the pain but they have less side effects than Botox.

September 1, 2009 3:11 AM
Review by Smoore013: User Rating:

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: I was diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia after months of pain and a few years of wondering what was happening to me. It came to the point where I was depressed and exhausted all of the time and felt things would never ever get better for me. After different medicines, physical therapy and acupuncture I finally was sent to a Neurologist who confirmed my Dystonia and started Botox injections. The first treatment had no effect as they had to start with a small dose so one vile. I had to wait 2.5 months before I could receive another treatment and at that point was given 3 viles. I finally found relief and got my life back. My Dystonia will probably forever affect me but with the Botox I can barely notice it. It is truly a medical miracle that this works.

August 20, 2009 1:36 PM

Learn how medication, diet, and exercise are key to managing Multiple Sclerosis. Click Here