User Reviews for Botox

Learn more about Botox.

Reviews for Botox to treat Overactive Bladder

Review by RAV1981:

I am a 33 yo mom of 2. Very busy, very active. All the Overactive Bladder meds didn't really help and dry mouth was awful. I backed out of interstim twice, and when I heard about this option I was scared but had to try it, interstim was the only other choice. I am 7 days post botox 1st time. It has changed my life. I no longer have to void 3-4x before leaving my house to go somewhere. After having cystoscopies done, I was nervous. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The bladder where the injections were was painful voiding for 2 days, but it was worth it. No more voiding 3x per hour. If & when it wears off, I'd do it again. I have headaches off and on, may or may not be related but it was a life changer for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 11:03 PM

Review by Ranger520 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

As of today I have received Botox for the forth time. I have explored over the years many, many options for treating my OAB (over active bladder) & IC (Intercystial Cystitis) including oral meds, physical therapy, a bladder sling (that was a good decision) & finally having the Interstem device implanted (that only produce a little improvement). I was my doctors first patient to receive the treatment. I am so grateful for this option. Before Botox I could not go far from home. Walking my dogs meant I had to wear a pad the size of a brick. By the time I made it home it would be soaked. At the age of 45I was depressed with my condition & options. Next week I am having my doctor remove my Interstim device. Having Botox is all I need.

August 8, 2014 8:39 PM

Review by Pissoire (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I was in a low dose Botox trial (300 vs 800) at a military medical facility. Detrol & Ditropan didn't work. I had frequent urgency, cramping caused by having to hold my urine, and many accidents. I was going to the loo all the time, having to leave meetings and bouncing around at my desk trying to hold my urine for any length (2 minutes) of time. I received botox which by tiny injections at the entrance of my bladder. A little uncomfortable. The next day I had no unusual urge to go, no cramps, no more bouncing, no running to the loo and many Depends a day. I was a totally normal without fear of accidents or ammonia smell for 8 months. It was fabulous - I was a real person again.

December 19, 2012 4:59 PM

After trying Vesicare and Enablex, neither of which offered much relief; with the side effect of dry mouth making it difficult to do my job which involves many daily consultations. I felt as though they caused my speech to be noticeably affected in a negative way. Botox has truly changed my life. The procedure itself was unpleasant but the results that I experienced within 7 days have given me (and my frustrated family) normalcy. If all else has failed, I highly recommend it. My extended medical plan denied my claim for reimbursement as Botox is not yet approved by Health Canada for this indication. I have an appeal filed.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2011 5:31 PM