Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Botox

Learn more about Botox.

Botox review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Botox to treat Overactive Bladder

Review by GHC:

My brother had Botox done last year for Bladder problems with MS. It has been the worst year since been diagnosed 20 years ago. He wasn't told he would need to use a catheter and he has severe vision problems. Has had constant UTI's terrible pain from using catheters and developed hemarrhoids after having Botox done. Now Botox worn off and still needs catheters and is in pain. He has been told he'll need to have more Botox so he won't feel the pain. Complete disaster and very costly trips to specialists.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2015 11:32 PM

Review by Greatful (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I was not sure about botox in the bladder but thank heaven I tried it. I had given up going out , walking, sleeping and even visiting people. I am about to have my third treatment. I still do my exercises regularely and find that it now lasts me well over a year. I had given, up until my specialist recommended it for me. I sure am happy I listed to him. I had been told that there was nothing else that could be done by two other specialist. For anyone out there that is not sure please try it. It only takes 10 minutes in the office and then I am ready to go. You do not feel a thing. I am 73 yearsold.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2015 6:12 PM

Review by RAV1981:

I am a 33 yo mom of 2. Very busy, very active. All the Overactive Bladder meds didn't really help and dry mouth was awful. I backed out of interstim twice, and when I heard about this option I was scared but had to try it, interstim was the only other choice. I am 7 days post botox 1st time. It has changed my life. I no longer have to void 3-4x before leaving my house to go somewhere. After having cystoscopies done, I was nervous. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The bladder where the injections were was painful voiding for 2 days, but it was worth it. No more voiding 3x per hour. If & when it wears off, I'd do it again. I have headaches off and on, may or may not be related but it was a life changer for me.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 11:03 PM

Review by Ranger520 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

As of today I have received Botox for the forth time. I have explored over the years many, many options for treating my OAB (over active bladder) & IC (Intercystial Cystitis) including oral meds, physical therapy, a bladder sling (that was a good decision) & finally having the Interstem device implanted (that only produce a little improvement). I was my doctors first patient to receive the treatment. I am so grateful for this option. Before Botox I could not go far from home. Walking my dogs meant I had to wear a pad the size of a brick. By the time I made it home it would be soaked. At the age of 45I was depressed with my condition & options. Next week I am having my doctor remove my Interstim device. Having Botox is all I need.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 8:39 PM

Review by Pissoire (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I was in a low dose Botox trial (300 vs 800) at a military medical facility. Detrol & Ditropan didn't work. I had frequent urgency, cramping caused by having to hold my urine, and many accidents. I was going to the loo all the time, having to leave meetings and bouncing around at my desk trying to hold my urine for any length (2 minutes) of time. I received botox which by tiny injections at the entrance of my bladder. A little uncomfortable. The next day I had no unusual urge to go, no cramps, no more bouncing, no running to the loo and many Depends a day. I was a totally normal without fear of accidents or ammonia smell for 8 months. It was fabulous - I was a real person again.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2012 4:59 PM

After trying Vesicare and Enablex, neither of which offered much relief; with the side effect of dry mouth making it difficult to do my job which involves many daily consultations. I felt as though they caused my speech to be noticeably affected in a negative way. Botox has truly changed my life. The procedure itself was unpleasant but the results that I experienced within 7 days have given me (and my frustrated family) normalcy. If all else has failed, I highly recommend it. My extended medical plan denied my claim for reimbursement as Botox is not yet approved by Health Canada for this indication. I have an appeal filed.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2011 5:31 PM