User Reviews for Botox

Learn more about Botox.

Botox Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Cervical Dystonia.

Reviews for Botox to treat Cervical Dystonia

"I received injections in neck, shoulders and calf. Serious side effects of feeling like I have been poisoned for 1-2 weeks after the injections. I still have incredible pain and muscle weakness. My calf muscle still cramped and knotted. Difficulty swallowing at times. I really don't know if it worked at all for me. It's been a year and I still am wondering what benefits I am receiving."

janij (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2013

"This is probably the best solution to cervical dystonia out there, other than physical therapy. While it didn't take all my pain away, my headaches subsided tremendously! I highly recommend getting this done. It is only needed every 3 to 4 months, and the injections aren't too painful to sit through."

SammiWilson (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2013

"I have suffered with cervical dystonia for over ten years I am now having botox every 2 months and now the amount has increased, I wouldn't be without it, but feel now that it isn't working as well as it used to. Have a fantastic Consultant Neurologist."

Sarnie (taken for 10 years or more) January 18, 2013

"I have cervical dystonia and have been treated with Botox for 2.5 years. Botox had many many side effects for me in the beginning. Trouble swallowing, severe headaches, floppy head. It does take away the spasms where it is injected but I am finding help with trigger point injections and osteopathic adjustments. They don't stop as much of the pain but they have less side effects than Botox."

Anonymous September 1, 2009

"I was diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia after months of pain and a few years of wondering what was happening to me. It came to the point where I was depressed and exhausted all of the time and felt things would never ever get better for me. After different medicines, physical therapy and acupuncture I finally was sent to a Neurologist who confirmed my Dystonia and started Botox injections. The first treatment had no effect as they had to start with a small dose so one vile. I had to wait 2.5 months before I could receive another treatment and at that point was given 3 viles. I finally found relief and got my life back. My Dystonia will probably forever affect me but with the Botox I can barely notice it. It is truly a medical miracle that this works."

Smoore013 August 20, 2009

"I have suffered with migraines and neck pain for many years. Botox has given me my life back. I have arthritis in my neck and Botox is the ONLY thing that has given me relief."

Chri54 October 1, 2008

"i HAVE FINALLY FOUND AN MD. THAT KNOWS WHERE TO INJECT IT. I almost gave up after 2 and 1/2 years of failures by guessing Dr.s who didn't really know where to inject. They were always hitting the opposite side of my neck thinking that was where the problem lied... finally found a dr. who knew where to inject it. Now I have been straight necked for the first time in 25 years. Hell yes it works and no side effects... but for some reason I still have the pain (radiculopathy) on left side."

LYONMOOSE May 5, 2008