User Reviews for Botox

Learn more about Botox.

Botox Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Cervical Dystonia.

Reviews for Botox to treat Cervical Dystonia

"I have cervical dystonoa for almost four years. I started with physical therapy, this was for 4 months. I then tried acupuncture, this was tried for 2 months. After going to several other doctors, l found a movement disorder specialist. Is is the best thing that ever happened to me. I now get botex injections in my neck every 3 to 4 months. I occasionally still have small tremors, but it is 90% better. The only thing that is difficult for me is the pain in my neck when l get the shots. This usually goes away in 3 to 4 hours."

Boston 12345 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 31, 2015

"Suffered undiagnosed since I was about 18. I am 74 now and thanks to this site and others, I diagnosed myself and got referral to a wonderful neurologist. I got my first injection last week, and for the first time since I was a kid, I feel like a kid again. It's not perfect, but I never knew perfect. No more pain, and I can walk again and not think about my neck. I wish I had this before I left my wonderful job on a handicapped pension. It gave me my life back."

feistyoldlady (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015

"Botox made my cervical dystonia 100 times worse, I'm still in a lot of pain but wouldn't go near it again, I tried acupuncture it worked straight away, I ended up with a punctured lung through this, I'm with dystonia society and many people say it helps them, so im just unfortunate, still looking for pain relief but looks grim, as I've tried loads of drugs and things like yoga, shiatsu and massage"

me & cervical dystonia October 12, 2015

"Relief was immediate and dramatic."

Southern Guy August 27, 2015

"I am soon to be 62 and have suffered with migraines since age 12 and cervical dystonia for many years. My Doctor suggested Botox for both and I can hardly contain my emotions when someone asks how I'm doing. Even now, my eyes are full of grateful tears...I have a LIFE again! Everyday used to be a struggle, but not anymore! To wake up without a migraine, or pain is like a miracle...No it IS a miracle! I love my Doctor for suggesting it. I love Allegan for making it available. If your Doctor says you're a good candidate, or you think you might be, ASK! It might change your LIFE!"

Queenofa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2015

"I received injections in neck, shoulders and calf. Serious side effects of feeling like I have been poisoned for 1-2 weeks after the injections. I still have incredible pain and muscle weakness. My calf muscle still cramped and knotted. Difficulty swallowing at times. I really don't know if it worked at all for me. It's been a year and I still am wondering what benefits I am receiving."

janij (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2013

"This is probably the best solution to cervical dystonia out there, other than physical therapy. While it didn't take all my pain away, my headaches subsided tremendously! I highly recommend getting this done. It is only needed every 3 to 4 months, and the injections aren't too painful to sit through."

SammiWilson (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2013

"I have suffered with cervical dystonia for over ten years I am now having botox every 2 months and now the amount has increased, I wouldn't be without it, but feel now that it isn't working as well as it used to. Have a fantastic Consultant Neurologist."

Sarnie (taken for 10 years or more) January 18, 2013

"I have cervical dystonia and have been treated with Botox for 2.5 years. Botox had many many side effects for me in the beginning. Trouble swallowing, severe headaches, floppy head. It does take away the spasms where it is injected but I am finding help with trigger point injections and osteopathic adjustments. They don't stop as much of the pain but they have less side effects than Botox."

Anonymous September 1, 2009

"I was diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia after months of pain and a few years of wondering what was happening to me. It came to the point where I was depressed and exhausted all of the time and felt things would never ever get better for me. After different medicines, physical therapy and acupuncture I finally was sent to a Neurologist who confirmed my Dystonia and started Botox injections. The first treatment had no effect as they had to start with a small dose so one vile. I had to wait 2.5 months before I could receive another treatment and at that point was given 3 viles. I finally found relief and got my life back. My Dystonia will probably forever affect me but with the Botox I can barely notice it. It is truly a medical miracle that this works."

Smoore013 August 20, 2009

"I have suffered with migraines and neck pain for many years. Botox has given me my life back. I have arthritis in my neck and Botox is the ONLY thing that has given me relief."

Chri54 October 1, 2008

"i HAVE FINALLY FOUND AN MD. THAT KNOWS WHERE TO INJECT IT. I almost gave up after 2 and 1/2 years of failures by guessing Dr.s who didn't really know where to inject. They were always hitting the opposite side of my neck thinking that was where the problem lied... finally found a dr. who knew where to inject it. Now I have been straight necked for the first time in 25 years. Hell yes it works and no side effects... but for some reason I still have the pain (radiculopathy) on left side."

LYONMOOSE May 5, 2008