User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 58 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 505 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Depression "I take 2mg it makes me calm but also depressed and sad with no energy. Mary"

maryq794 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Anxiety "My doctor started me on Xanax 0.5 mg almost 2 weeks ago. I've had severe Generalized Anxiety Disorder since 2009. Along with everyday terrible body pains from the stress and anxiety And I was only taking Zoloft. Since then. But the Zoloft stop working like it use to. I find the Xanax to help me some. And it suppresses my body pain as well. And I don't feel doped up. I still feel the strangeness, and unreal feelings from my anxiety. The situation doesn't matter. The anxiety grabs me when ever it wants too. But the Xanax take a little edge off. From 1-10. I'd say 6-7. For me that's good. Because my panic- anxiety is super scary."

My Franklin (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

For Depression "Helps but I have to take it every 4 hours only .125mg to see any effect"

Fif May 15, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I started having panic attacks about 13 years ago. The Dr. gave me a few different drugs to try - all either had horrible side effects including nightmares - or did nothing. Then we tried Xanax - it was a miracle for me! one .5mg Xanax and I can function again. When I was promoted at work to a position where I would have to speak in front of a crowd I was terrified, but taking one of these has changed my life!!"

Sweaty lady (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2016

For Depression "I suffer from social anxiety rarely leave the house. The anxiety leaves me isolated which cause extreme depression. With xanax 1mg to 2mg takes all anxiety away and calms my depression 10 out of 10. Taking xanax for over 20 years now."

Hewy (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2016

For Anxiety "I've been taking low dose .5mg xanax for a few years for social anxiety and occasional panic attacks. It's excellent. I take it as needed, which I like, it lets me feel more in control. I rarely take a full dose. It's very effective even in a lower dose. It just lets me keep anxiety under control so I can function well. I never notice any major fogginess or anything with it either unlike other benzos I've taken like ativan. Just in moderation. A little goes a long way. Absolutely great medication for anxiety and occasional severe panic attacks. It has completely helped me build my confidence up and get my life back!"

RonnyW April 8, 2016

For Anxiety "I suffer from anxiety and mood swings much of it is work stress related, Xanax has worked wonders for me no habit I have not experience any side effects and I don't believe is habit forming, I only take it as needed, I always keep them with me just in case I suffer a panic attack, I greatly recommend it."

Liz10 April 6, 2016

For Anxiety "I have been on Xanax 1mg TID since 2013. This has been a miracle drug for my anxiety. I also take Celexa 40mg daily in combination with Xanax. Within minutes of taking my prescription, I feel a tremendous amount of stress relief. I normally take 2 at bedtime and sleep straight through the night and never wake up groggy. I feel refreshed each morning, and get ready for work. 2 thumbs up for this medication. Those that abuse it, you give patients who truly suffer from anxiety and depression a bad name."

linzxo (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2016

For Anxiety "I had only taken Xanax a few times as needed and losing it (oops). Sometimes it works right away with calming me down and everything, but this one time I was a mess and it took a while to work. But, on the bright side, I have very bad insomnia and it made me sleep better. I do not take it as a sleepy aid, that was just one instance where it was night time."

Kurai (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2016

For Panic Disorder "It's so great to have something that finally works for me! It's fast acting and takes away my insane thoughts and brings me back to reality quickly .. My worries go away and i can feel like a normal person. I've been on ativan, clonazapam... And paxil and effexor in my younger days... The ativan did nothing .. The clonazapam was OK but is much better for sleep. The paxil and effexor were nightmares and had horrible side effects . I would never take that kind of medication again. I take 1-2 mg xanax when I get an attack or intrusive thoughts and it's the best thing for me ! I become a rational thinking person again.. And couldnt be happier to have something that really works. It's really improved my life."

Ninny13 March 28, 2016

For Anxiety "I began taking xanax at 1mg daily spread out over the day when diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I have had it 3 times now so have been on this medication for 6 years. It controls my anxiety and panic or fearful thoughts mostly. It's been extremely helpful and my doctor knows I keep my dosage as directed. Very beneficial for me but it took a long while to overcome the stigma. Life is to valuable to waste feeling bad.!!"

Catstail (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2016

For Anxiety "I have GAD, PTSD, Adult ADD, Bi-polar & crippling panic attacks aka Panic Disorder. I was diagnosed with panic disorder at the age of 7. It ruins my life. I took klonopin for 7 years threw middle and high school. It worked okay but I always felt like something else could work better. I have been on Prozac, cymbalta, latuda, visteril, lexapro, Effexor, amnitriptalyne, celexa, Paxil, lyrica, neurontin, depakote, seroquel and risperdal. Nothing EVER worked. I finally am on a routine of; 40mg Prozac, 25mg amnitriptalyne, 40mg adderall a day, .5mg klonopin 4X daily, .5mg of halcion for insomnia. My doc recently changed me to 1mg Xanax 3X daily and it has been a lifesaver. I don't feel like a zombie and my mood has evened out!! Love it so much."

kshaw2012 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2016

For Anxiety "I started taking this medication since I was 18 years old on and off. Let me put it in simple terms it is highly addictive. Yes it cured my anxiety but temporary only as long as I was on it. Miss a day and you want to crwal out of your own skin. The withdrawls are horrendous. Xanax just masks the problem. As soon as I got back on it my brain just wants it and thats all I think about. Valarian root is healthier and natural think twice before taking Xanax. Go for natural products if you can."

Sassyone6085 March 17, 2016

For Depression "If I could rate Xanax higher I would, this is without a doubt the most effective medication I've ever taken for anxiety, and fast acting. I've always dealt with the public speaking anxiety since high school. I'm 29, healthy and active and have never been depressed so that's why I've been reluctant about SSRI's. My GP prescribed Celxa, went up to 20mg and it was a nightmare, had panic attacks and very vivid intrusive thoughts. My GP switched to lexapro @10mg and I still get panic attacks. If I get a panic attack I take a .50mg of Xanax and it takes like 15 min to kick in and I feel great - I hate SSRI's and wish Xanax was a daily med."

Bushygoodness March 15, 2016

For Anxiety "I get anxiety attacks with nausea (GAD diagnosed) and use half a .25 tablet during an attack. I'm pretty drug sensitive and also leery of overuse. I'm way under recommended dosage of one full .25 tab every six hours, but it takes the edge off my rushing thoughts of worry at half of one every 12-16 hours as needed. I was without anxiety attacks for 7 years and had a very old prescription that I used when my attacks returned. FDA has to list an expiration date but 80-90% of the drug was still active."

MerricMaker (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 12, 2016

For Depression "I agree with everything that has already been said here. I am just so incredibly grateful that I was able to build a trusting relationship with my doctor so that HE feels comfortable prescribing it. Xanax really is the only thing that helps me untangle myself when the anxiety takes over. What I love the most is that I can count on it to do the job and not leave me feeling strange later. It just smooths out the wrinkles and kinks that I get into every so often. Just knowing that I have it in my cabinet to lean on is in itself a big help for me - my secret tool. Yes, it's a shame something so helpful to us is abused, but that is with everything in life. Be happy we aren't Guinea pigs anymore with the crappy meds :-)"

Gr8smile March 10, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I had horrible anxiety from 14 to 21 then i got prescribed xanax .25 and my life changed i was going out with friends didnt care about little things like what people think of you it was great then at 23 i decided im good i dont need it anymore and had 4 months of hell getting off im mow 29 and ive delt with the anxiety everyday and it got easier but was still a small burdan couldnt be me something was missing i just got back on it a few weeks ago and now ive worked harder then ever i was promoted to asistant manager within 2 weeks of starting back xanax everyone told me how they noticed my confidence in everything and i take control of stressful situations as i work in the food business suddenly im the go to guy at work i work 50hours aweek"

aaronax March 10, 2016

For Anxiety "I've been struggling with severe anxiety and depression since I was a child. I've tried everything for anxiety: lexapro, Celexa, Effexor XR, Prozac, and Xanax. It's been the only medication that has really saved my life from this illness. Otherwise, if I don't take it, I won't be able work or live. I know that there is so much stigma about how it's addicting and it's abused. If you genuinely have a serious anxiety disorder, don't focus on the stigma. Take them! Or try to live the severe anxiety. You sort of have to pick your poison. I have never abused xanax. I started taking Klonopin for about a year, and was switched to xanax. I've always taken my medicine as prescribed. Right now, I'm taking .25 mg and it does wonders for me."

Overcomer31 March 9, 2016

For Anxiety "Way too addictive. Very expensive in my country, and gives me extreme vivid dreams/nightmares. But the mellow feeling is nice after a panic attack. Stops dead on track panic, and almost any emotional crisis. But I prefer to stay away. I changed to Klonopin."

corvohunter March 1, 2016

For Anxiety "I started out Valium for about 20 years 10 mg x 4 a day. Used for anxiety and sleep. It worked was a comfort to know most of the time used 2 per day so I always had extra. I think knowing I had extras help almost as much. Then Dr changed prescription to alprazolam 2 mg tablets 4 times a day, some heavy difference, at first it worked well . In the beginning I felt it 30 minutes after I took it and only needed 2 per day, now I'm at 4 per day that's 8 mgs and I don't feel it , I don't know about withdrawals but I hear it's pretty hard to get off and I've been on them for 30 years. Not sure what to expect but think I would feel more alert and energetic too"

James1663 (taken for 10 years or more) February 26, 2016

For Anxiety "I've just switched to Klonopin from being on Xanax for almost 11 years. It worked WONDERS for me. I never abused it and take it responsibly, but I did develop a tolerance to it after so long on it. One of the best things about Xanax is that it kicks in pretty quickly, which is a must for panic attacks. It's very hard for me to let Xanax go because it's the only thing that really worked for my anxiety and panic attacks."

IcePrincess88 (taken for 10 years or more) February 25, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Having had anxiety since I was a teenager, I'd been taking no drugs at all and just living with it until I was given valium by my primary doctor and that helped. I had seen a CSW, a psychologist and finally another psychologist who took me off the valium I'd tried and suggested xanax and paxil. I've been taking the two drugs : 10 mg. paxil 1x a day and .025 xanax up to 3x a day for 8 months or so, with much success. Can these meds be taken indefinitely.?"

Nussie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2016

For Anxiety "Used for 6 weeks to treat muscle spasms and phobia. After asking my doctor to wean me off we followed a regimen, and it was the worst withdrawal I have ever experienced in my whole life, even worse than things that I've taken in the past. I suffered temporal epileptic seizures for 3 days, and was staring at the door for an hour before my girlfriend smacked me to wake me up. 6 days later I suffered two consecutive grand mal seizures that broke my skull and nose. I had never history of seizures, brain MRI EEGs done last year came out clear and crystal, and this medicine lowered my threshold so much, 6 months after I stopped it I am not the same, I am not the same anymore. Please be careful and think ten times before you decide to drop it."

Nasmoed (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

For Anxiety "My psychiatrist prescribes me 15 Xanax 0.5mg per month. I have generalized anxiety disorder and depression, and am on other meds for that; Xanax is only for extra-stressful situations. It is incredibly effective. Within minutes of taking it, I am much calmer. I notice no side effects whatsoever."

Serene Celine (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I was diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia in 2000 a little after a car accident. I went back to work and worked fast and hard as usual and the dystonia got worse. Shortly after, I developed panic attacks. Dr. prescribed generic xanax and it really helped. I don't remember how much it was- 2005. The xanax not only took the panic attacks away but my neck pulling would go away for a long time. Since 2013 dystonia came back w/vengance. No one has prescribed xanax and keeps prescribing crappy medications-Baclofen, flexiril and now Atarax. I'm scared to take the Atarax. I know xanax works and I only used it maybe 4 times a month. No habit forming for me. Kids ruined it for folks that need it :("

Raquelsc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2016