User Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety: Severe withdrawal

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 10:50 AM

Review by fastram:

For Anxiety: Rash, dry eye, dry mouth, dry skin, sore tongue and throat, cramps.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 6:18 PM

Review by BigMoma46:

For Panic Disorder: I have been on Xanax 1mg twice a day and it has been a God send. I suffer from panic attacks and actually had to be hospitalized, I was placed on Klonopin and then I was switched to Xanax first at 0.5 mg than to 1mg it's a wonderful medicine however be very aware of this medicine being very addictive.

January 15, 2015 5:43 PM

Review by Theresapillforthat:

For Panic Disorder: I first started taking 0.25 mg. It worked like a miracle pill. I was also having trouble sleeping. I tried everything antidepressant, Ambien, Lunesta, Restoril you name it I tried it . Now after 3 hrs on Xanax I use a 1 mg pill before bed and I sleep like a rock and very rarely do I have a attack during the next day. If I do I take 0.25 mg and in 15 min I'm fine. For me it took care of both sleeping and panic attacks!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 10:49 PM

Review by ARJC (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: This medication has helped me a lot it keeps me calm and it's fast acting just take them as prescribed!

January 8, 2015 1:41 PM

Review by A. Perez (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Great for what it is meant for but a huge risk factor for dependency. If you can your better off taking Lexapro.

December 17, 2014 3:56 PM

Review by Mozes:

For Anxiety: Takes away all anxiety and stress. I have GAD SAD and PTSD.

December 13, 2014 4:03 PM

Review by TheRXQueen (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: Works very well for anxiety. The best way to take these types of medicines is to take them as needed. Some doctors will tell you to take them everyday as prescribed, but I found in my 20 years of experience with Xanax that taking them everyday is an easy way for it to become habit forming and addictive. When I take them as needed I don't become dependent on them. I think doctors disagree with this method because they feel that you need to counter the anxiety before you get it and that way you can learn to tolerate it. I have tried using Xanax both ways, it's nice not having anxiety, but your body and mind will adapt to the dosage and if you take it long enough you will find you need a higher dose to feel like you did.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: I noticed my memory was very much affected on Xanax. This is the quickest working benzo in my opinion, but does not last long. Also, the withdrawals from Xanax were more severe than the withdrawals from the other benzos I've been on. It works great for some people, but not so much for me.

December 5, 2014 8:11 PM

Review by Jundibasam (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Acts very quickly and definitely feel the calming effect. The only downsides is that it doesn't last very long (2-3 hrs max, maybe even less) and you quickly build up a tolerance for it so you end up having to take much more the more you use it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2014 9:16 AM

For Anxiety: Only benzodiazepine that worked completely. Been on all the others. Have tried antidepressants with negative results. So at the correct dose. Alprazolam is what I consider the hardest working anxiety and stress reliever available.

November 22, 2014 12:01 AM

Review by amv518:

For Depression: This is the best medicine out there. It makes me a better person. I love it. I have anxiety and depression and this is the only thing that makes me tolerable to be around. Levels me out and makes me happy.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by notomatot31 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Great for anxiety. However, only recommend using short term. I've gone through opiate withdrawing as well as benzo withdraws, and benzo withdraws are far worse. Never felt more suicidal...use with caution...

November 15, 2014 8:01 AM

Review by JG-Swam (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I have been taking Xanax 1MG twice daily as needed to help cope with my severe panic disorder and anxiety attacks, which have been impacting my sleep schedule drastically. Take the correct oral amount daily, and you will see positive results in no time! If you feel like your having complications, contact your doctor immediately! Everyone's tolerances are different!

November 13, 2014 1:39 PM

Review by angelmax (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I have been on Xanax for a few years due to my anxiety discover. This tablet which I only take a quarter of when it is necessary which doesn't happen very often has helped me sleep and calm down. My sister has terminal cancer. It also helped me go through tough events.

November 12, 2014 3:52 PM

Review by Lexxa:

For Anxiety: I take this medication as needed. I take 150 mg Effexor daily, which helps with the majority of my depression and anxiety, but I take Xanax when I need to take the edge off. I was recently prescribed this, and I have only had to use it twice, while flying (I go into full panic mode). I took an entire pill 30 minutes before my flight and it made me relax right away. I have never been able to sleep on a plane (even during international flights), but it calmed me down to the point I fell asleep during both flights. It didn't even bother me during take off when the pilot had to slam on the breaks due to a cargo light. This medication does make me sleepy, though I have not taken half a dose so far. My panic attacks are not as frequent as some.

November 6, 2014 2:51 PM

Review by eyakalot:

For Panic Disorder: I have a panic disorder and have been taking Xanax for over 20 yrs now. Never had to increase my dose and finally can live a normal life. The doctor had tried all different medications and this is the only one that worked.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by Dp3000 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Been taking it for 2 years and it gets me through anxiety attacks.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 3:15 AM

Review by Wayne George (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I was prescribed Xanax because my half brother died and I could not cope with it alone on just taking Pristiq for depression. Taking both of these medicines has really reduced my depression tremendously to where it only affects me a little now and not so many days in a row. I'd really like to stay on Xanax with my other antidepressant medication Pristiq 100mg because its helping a lot!

October 7, 2014 6:57 PM

Review by valii:

For Depression: awesome

September 26, 2014 11:14 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: Just got prescribed 0.5mg of Xanax. Within a half hour the intrusive thoughts and panic attacks stopped. Taking sparingly, only when needed. Definitely a good thing to take at your worst moments, but not good for regular use.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2014 4:36 PM

Review by Feline1978 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: I have panic disorder and Xanax has helped me greatly. The only problem that I have experienced is that I have become resistant to it. Rather than .25mg helping, I need to take 3 to calm down. My doctor only allows me 30 .25mg pills per month, so I'm petrified that at some point, I am going to have an attack after I have run out of meds.

September 3, 2014 10:05 PM

Review by AJPisces:

For Anxiety: I have been on quite a few antidepressants in addition to Xanax. The antidepressants made my anxiety and panic worse, needing to increase my intake of Xanax when on the antidepressant(s). I was really reluctant to take the Xanax when I was first prescribed the medication. I have been of Pristiq for 8 months now and have lowered my Xanax from 1 mg in the morning, 1mg midday and 2 mg at bed. I am now taking 0.5mg in the morning and 1.5 mg at bed. I am taking vitamins, doing yoga and taking better care of myself. My doctor knows, I am honest. He wanted me to take 2mg every 8 hours but never did. My Mother just died a few weeks ago and have been getting really bad anxiety and still the same dose helps me. Hope this helps.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 8:24 PM

Review by NishaPooh:

For Anxiety: The best to ease the stress

August 9, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by doxie789:

For Anxiety: After a recent medical diagnosis, I had a difficult time coping and felt a tremendous sense of fear and worry constantly. Brought me to the point I was physically ill everyday and having panic attacks frequently. Xanax is wonderful when you find the right dose. Too much and I became a zombie. 0.25 MG was my perfect dose. It brought me down from panic and allowed me to take a step back and deal with my problems rationally.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2014 12:14 PM