User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 382 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by Dp3000 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Been taking it for 2 years and it gets me through anxiety attacks.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 3:15 AM

Review by Wayne George (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I was prescribed Xanax because my half brother died and I could not cope with it alone on just taking Pristiq for depression. Taking both of these medicines has really reduced my depression tremendously to where it only affects me a little now and not so many days in a row. I'd really like to stay on Xanax with my other antidepressant medication Pristiq 100mg because its helping a lot!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2014 6:57 PM

Review by valii:

For Depression: awesome

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2014 11:14 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: Just got prescribed 0.5mg of Xanax. Within a half hour the intrusive thoughts and panic attacks stopped. Taking sparingly, only when needed. Definitely a good thing to take at your worst moments, but not good for regular use.

September 18, 2014 4:36 PM

Review by Feline1978 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: I have panic disorder and Xanax has helped me greatly. The only problem that I have experienced is that I have become resistant to it. Rather than .25mg helping, I need to take 3 to calm down. My doctor only allows me 30 .25mg pills per month, so I'm petrified that at some point, I am going to have an attack after I have run out of meds.

September 3, 2014 10:05 PM

Review by AJPisces:

For Anxiety: I have been on quite a few antidepressants in addition to Xanax. The antidepressants made my anxiety and panic worse, needing to increase my intake of Xanax when on the antidepressant(s). I was really reluctant to take the Xanax when I was first prescribed the medication. I have been of Pristiq for 8 months now and have lowered my Xanax from 1 mg in the morning, 1mg midday and 2 mg at bed. I am now taking 0.5mg in the morning and 1.5 mg at bed. I am taking vitamins, doing yoga and taking better care of myself. My doctor knows, I am honest. He wanted me to take 2mg every 8 hours but never did. My Mother just died a few weeks ago and have been getting really bad anxiety and still the same dose helps me. Hope this helps.

August 20, 2014 8:24 PM

Review by NishaPooh:

For Anxiety: The best to ease the stress

August 9, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by doxie789:

For Anxiety: After a recent medical diagnosis, I had a difficult time coping and felt a tremendous sense of fear and worry constantly. Brought me to the point I was physically ill everyday and having panic attacks frequently. Xanax is wonderful when you find the right dose. Too much and I became a zombie. 0.25 MG was my perfect dose. It brought me down from panic and allowed me to take a step back and deal with my problems rationally.

August 2, 2014 12:14 PM

Review by Lil Locita:):

For Anxiety: It makes any impossible situation more possible, it controls violence rage temper anger towards others. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, panic attacks and keeps you calm. The best!

July 30, 2014 4:45 AM

Review by vicky123:

For Anxiety: I was in England when I started getting feeling of depersonalization, forehead pressure, fear, negative thoughts and irritation etc. I came back to my country and consulted a doctor. He diagnosed me with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. What he prescribed me may have worked but honestly speaking I did not give fair chance to the prescribed medicine. He did not prescribe me Xanax but I managed to get it from somewhere myself as I had read about its effectiveness against anxiety. It worked perfectly for me. I killed my anxiety with it. It normalizes me and keeps me going ahead in life. I give 9/10.

July 26, 2014 7:13 AM

Review by Kathy mom:

For Anxiety: I thought this medicine might help with the onset of an atrial fibrillation attack and it does! Not a guarantee but very often helps especially at night when I feel something coming on...it allows me to fall into a deeper sleep which at times kicks the onset. Also very useful for anxiousness, as documented. I do not take it daily, only when needed.

July 11, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by Cortneyrb:

For Panic Disorder: I take 0.25mg three times a day for panic attacks. I wish I could say Xanax stops the panic attacks completely, but it only lessons the symptoms until I feel okay enough to calm myself down with breathing exercises. Other than that--- Xanax is a miracle.

July 8, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Ashley O. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I get intense panic attacks. Xanax is very effective at working quickly to stop a panic attack. It saved my life, until after a few months I tried to stop taking it and got horrible withdrawals. I felt like I was dying, my anxiety was worse than it had ever been in my life, high blood pressure (and mine is naturally low), tachycardia, hallucinations, tremors. I hope anyone considering taking Xanax takes it at a low dose and not daily. If daily, do not quit cold turkey.

July 4, 2014 7:56 PM

Review by Shanae r:

For Anxiety: First time taking Xanax today and I feel great! The doctor prescribed me 0.5mg every 6 hours but I took a 0.25 and it helped tremendously! I am calm and able to function. All those anxious and negative thoughts just slip away.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by chig81:

For Anxiety: This medication has helped me live a normal life well more normal. I don't worry much about nothing and I can go into Walmart and feel comfortable. My social life is improving as well. There were times I couldn't get myself to interact with people sometimes I wouldn't even answer the phone. I've only been on this medicine for a little over a month it has truly been a lifesaver. I am sleeping like a baby I can't remember the last time I've struggled to calm down and go to sleep only to wake up several times a night using the bathroom or just couldn't relax. My quality of life is getting much better.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 7, 2014 9:34 AM

Review by NotBillGates (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: The only medication that stops my paralyzing panic attacks. Generally works within 10 minutes. Side effects are non-existent.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2014 12:30 PM

Review by chriwa:

For Anxiety: I have experienced anxiety since being diagnosed with Cancer 4 years ago. I use 0.5 MG's twice daily and stick to this dosage given to me by my doctor. It helps me tremendously. I have tried to step off it several times and found it very difficult. Will remain on it for as long as I need it. It improves my life quality and keeps panic and anxiety at bay.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by NEK (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Yeah, it works. Some people are more sensitive than others. Generally, you take a pill (depends on dosage) and you just start feeling your tight chest and stomach release, and I notice I begin breathing more calmly and normally. Just feels good all over, which is such a contrast from the horrors of anxiety. It can make you a little sleepy. I think for 'normal people' it would make them very sleepy. For 'anxious' people, I think it makes you normal and relaxed. The one problem is that if you take it too much, like three days in a row, the effect is reduced and you have to 'up' the dosage. I think it works best for occasional use, like before a difficult situation or when you're just having a lot of anxiety and need calm.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2014 2:04 PM

Review by your nickname:

For Anxiety: Extremely helpful!

April 9, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by Interstellar117 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: This works effectively for anxiety as well as sleeping problems. It doesn't impair my cognitive abilities. It is not addictive to me, however the only problem is getting off Xanax and the backlash effect it creates. I have successfully used Tranxene to bridge this gap and taper off safely. I rate it a 9 1/2; it has been a true miracle when I needed it most!

April 2, 2014 7:53 PM

For Panic Disorder: A miracle pill for the worst of panic attacks. Nothing compares to the effectiveness of Xanax.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2014 8:11 AM

Review by Lostangel67:

For Anxiety: I was very uneasy always sad, lost how to be happy, jumpy at the slightest things and panic and from the second or third pill began to feel a difference. I felt like I could have fun again or really smile at least. It is like my brain needed a little help adjusting to difficult situations.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2014 7:21 PM

Review by Huey1987 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: I should start by letting you know that I was an addict of medicines (and having been through treatment, now enjoy 2 years and 9 months of sobriety) but I am also a sufferer of a wretched case of anxiety complete with full blown crippling panic attacks. Which I have suffered from for many years, but upon completing treatment for my recreational use and now being honest with doctors it was very difficult for that reason to get one to prescribe something that would help my condition. When I found one that would I would have to have my wife allocate the Xanax out to me but I will say it has helped and worked wonders. IN MODERATION!!

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2014 6:57 PM

Review by nemj:

For Anxiety: Works almost immediately. Gets rid of chest tightness, anger, emotional rollercoaster. Just doesn't last a full 8 hours.

March 11, 2014 2:22 AM

Review by Cal~ (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I have to start by saying that I'm fearful of medications for starters, secondly I have dealt with anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia for many years now! I'm not housebound but do have a small neighborhood radius of "comfort". I have in the past felt shamed of my condition as I thought I was unique and alone and somewhat embarrassed to try to explain my irrational feelings and thoughts, which I have learned since that they are entirely "made up" and thoughts lead to feelings that lead to behaviors all of which can be undone with the help of medicine, therapy, relaxation techniques, journaling, diet, exercise and not being afraid to open up about your anxiety. You are NOT alone! Learn to RELAX it WORKS.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2014 3:28 PM