User Reviews for Xanax

8.5
Summary of Xanax reviews 365 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by chriwa: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have experienced anxiety since being diagnosed with Cancer 4 years ago. I use 0.5 MG's twice daily and stick to this dosage given to me by my doctor. It helps me tremendously. I have tried to step off it several times and found it very difficult. Will remain on it for as long as I need it. It improves my life quality and keeps panic and anxiety at bay.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 17, 2014 6:07 PM
Review by your nickname: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Extremely helpful!

April 9, 2014 9:39 PM
Review by Interstellar117 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: This works effectively for anxiety as well as sleeping problems. It doesn't impair my cognitive abilities. It is not addictive to me, however the only problem is getting off Xanax and the backlash effect it creates. I have successfully used Tranxene to bridge this gap and taper off safely. I rate it a 9 1/2; it has been a true miracle when I needed it most!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2014 7:53 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: A miracle pill for the worst of panic attacks. Nothing compares to the effectiveness of Xanax.

April 1, 2014 8:11 AM
Review by Lostangel67: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I was very uneasy always sad, lost how to be happy, jumpy at the slightest things and panic and from the second or third pill began to feel a difference. I felt like I could have fun again or really smile at least. It is like my brain needed a little help adjusting to difficult situations.

March 31, 2014 7:21 PM
Review by Huey1987 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I should start by letting you know that I was an addict of medicines (and having been through treatment, now enjoy 2 years and 9 months of sobriety) but I am also a sufferer of a wretched case of anxiety complete with full blown crippling panic attacks. Which I have suffered from for many years, but upon completing treatment for my recreational use and now being honest with doctors it was very difficult for that reason to get one to prescribe something that would help my condition. When I found one that would I would have to have my wife allocate the Xanax out to me but I will say it has helped and worked wonders. IN MODERATION!!

March 17, 2014 6:57 PM
Review by nemj: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Works almost immediately. Gets rid of chest tightness, anger, emotional rollercoaster. Just doesn't last a full 8 hours.

March 11, 2014 2:22 AM
Review by Cal~ (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have to start by saying that I'm fearful of medications for starters, secondly I have dealt with anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia for many years now! I'm not housebound but do have a small neighborhood radius of "comfort". I have in the past felt shamed of my condition as I thought I was unique and alone and somewhat embarrassed to try to explain my irrational feelings and thoughts, which I have learned since that they are entirely "made up" and thoughts lead to feelings that lead to behaviors all of which can be undone with the help of medicine, therapy, relaxation techniques, journaling, diet, exercise and not being afraid to open up about your anxiety. You are NOT alone! Learn to RELAX it WORKS.

February 25, 2014 3:28 PM
Review by sopranofan (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I've been on a variety of different benzodiazipines for about 16 years now for anxiety, Agorphobia and even insomnia and I have to say Xanax is by far the most effective. I've been on Valium, Klonopin, Ativan and even SSRI'S and none helped me the way Xanax did. Ativan did absolutely nothing, Valium was "decent"(I'd give it a 5) because of its long acting qualities and Klonopin made me tired all the time. Only with Xanax can I lead a normal, productive life. Without that medicine I would not be able to hang out with friends, go to the grocery store, go to the mailbox, associate with my family ...these are all triggers of my anxiety. Even answering the phone! I've taken 2mgs two times daily now for the past 7 years and it works great!

February 17, 2014 2:48 PM
Review by ItsYourLove (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have always struggled with worry, stress, and anxiety and recently have gone through some really difficult situation. My doctor diagnosed me with panic attacks and prescribed me a low dose of Xanax to take when needed. I take half a pill because I am afraid of developing a habit and hate relying on medications. This really does work and helps me a lot. I have only needed it a few times.

February 16, 2014 4:39 PM
Review by IWizardofOz (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have anxiety for a long time, taking Zoloft for it since 99 not sure how much it helps, but when I get really bad I take Xanax .25mg, it does help quickly. My only thing on Xanax, I wished that it wouldn't be habit forming and because of that, you may need to make dosage higher and higher after .25mg. Also recommend checking for interactions with Xanax if you are taking any other medicines.

February 15, 2014 1:43 PM
Review by Danny's Lady (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I asked my doctor if he could give me something as I had been under stress and anxiety for some time. I take 0.5 mg of Xanax twice a day. I take it about 1/2 hour before I go to bed so I can relax and sleep. Not sure if the Xanax is causing some weight gain or not.

February 12, 2014 2:54 PM
Review by Harrold_haisma (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I have been on Xanax for about 8 months after a very difficult period in my life. Xanax helped me very well in the beginning of threatment but quickly tends to lose its beneficial effects. The development of tolerance is a major issue with all benzodiazepines and seems to build fast with Xanax / alprazolam. I had to increase my dose from 0.5 mg twice a day to 2 mg three times a day. Tapering off can be difficult.

February 5, 2014 1:40 PM
Review by Myinput: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Tinnitus: Lifesaving. Was completely nonfunctional before being put on it. I understand the risks but the risks of disabling tinnitus were 1 million times worse. This medicine needs to be studied further as I also agree that severe tinnitus related to sudden sensorineural hearing loss is a brain condition. I tried a million things beforehand (steroids, steroids injected into ear, hyperbaric oxygen, etc.) Xanax saved my life.

February 3, 2014 5:50 PM
Review by SapphireBeast67: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I had a breakdown in my doctor's office after my Klonopin stopped working. She said I needed something stronger for my daily panic attacks as I could not even function at my part time job that was only three days a week. I am on 2mgs twice daily. It's affordable and helps like no other medicine I've tried. I take it with chamomile tea to relax if I've had a stressful day. Or if things get too hectic at work I may take half of one. It also cured my insomnia. I feel like a normal person now.

January 28, 2014 9:26 AM
Review by reima lehtonen (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: This is only what helps me.

January 19, 2014 10:04 PM
Review by MotoMisfit: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: As far back as I can remember, kindergarten I think. I've suffered from major anxiety issues. I can remember throwing up in the trash can by the entrance to Jr. High School, and through High School even. I could then, and can now make my hands sweat just by thinking about it. When I finally got on Xanax, I was far more outgoing, funny, and learned there was a whole side to me I didn't really know existed due to Anxiety. My point is.......don't wait! Talk to some one who can help you with Anxiety if you have it. And BE HONEST! Tell them how hard it is for you!!

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 4, 2014 9:19 PM
Review by Cera (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I started taking Xanax in 2007- my daily dose was up to 4mg daily as needed. I finally felt that I had my life back. In 2013 we moved to AZ and the 1st Dr I saw here discontinued it, cold turkey. A few others were drastically cut back and stopped without any warning. I must say it has been difficult.

January 2, 2014 1:52 AM
Review by Bandg47 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax is the best when taken only as needed and not on a daily basis. Nothing else comes close. Just be cautious and it can be used over a longer period of time if not abused. It has worked for me that way.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 13, 2013 9:56 AM
Review by lucky nj (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Between being at 3 terrorist attacks 911, Madrid and the 1st Trade center I have had severe panic attack and depression. Xanax is a great cure for the craziest things that life throws at you.

November 27, 2013 9:41 PM
Review by WhiteRook (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax was a Godsend in the short term. Nearly immediate peace from all anxiety and panic symptoms. The longer I took it though, the more problematic it became. Constantly increasing dose for effectiveness, switching formulations. Finally addiction, dependence - didn't matter if it was called this or that. Discontinuing Xanax was painful. Like weeks long, restless, climbing the walls, no sleep. I'd still call it useful in a low dose, well supervised situation.

November 26, 2013 9:39 PM
Review by Educator28: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: Very good for insomnia and stress which leads to depression. No side effects.

November 21, 2013 6:47 PM
Review by ms me: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: The first time I took Xanax was when I was having dental work and it was prescribed for the acute anxiety I feel with dentists. This past year my regular doctor suggested I might like to take it from time to time because of depression and anxiety. It helps tremendously. I usually break the .25 mg pill in half and just take half of one. I do not use it every day, but when I need it, it's wonderful and gets me to the next day.

November 3, 2013 9:12 AM
Review by anonymous251 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I take Xanax very rarely with Lexapro as my primary anxiety med. Xanax works perfectly to knock out secondary panic and anxiety symptoms, the best as needed anxiety med on the market. I don't recommend it as your primary anxiety med though, too addictive.

October 26, 2013 7:58 PM
Review by Korks: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Out of all the benzodiazepines I think that Xanax (alprazolam) is the best for me, acts quick & does what it says, just be careful & if you are going to ask your Dr. For them I recommend maybe starting out a smaller dose and work up from there. If that doesn't work, the reason is, after a bit you get a little immune to strength & can bump up in dosage if this happens, unless you have a high tolerance, then maybe start at 1 mg, that way you can still move up if that doesn't work, but I recommend starting small & moving up in dosage if needed.

October 18, 2013 4:31 PM