User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 47 reviews 75 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 426 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Xanax may have saved my life. In the early nineties I was a young man pursuing my ambitions career, cars and women. Whatever I have done / experienced led me to be violent in my reaction to assholes. Also mom raised me as she went through menopause and was volatile. I was dangerously aggressive in my early 30's. xnx worked with no side affects noticed, sleepiness at first, that's all.I sought xnx because it made me feel like I should, calm, thus able to focus. Did well all these years. I got laid off, Doc retired and I can't find a local doc to prescribe. The system took it away, Clandestine alternatives are expensive, risking life, limb and employment, Docs are ignorant sometimes."

ishcabbible June 13, 2015

For Anxiety "In 2007 I started having what I now know panic attacks, but didn't know it at the time my doctor sent my blood in for testing, trying to figure out why I'm having to pull over when driving cuz I think I'm going to pass out due to hyperventilation. First I thought I was having low blood sugar but a few weeks later at my follow up appt. My doctor said " you're having major panic attacks I believe.".. I tried every anxiety medication there is trying to feel better.Then my Dr. Gave me 1mg alpazolam every 6 hours as needed. I still take xanex and 20mg of lexapro to this day. Just having a xanex bar in my pocket helps prevent attacks, today I get 45 2mg bars and I make sure I try to take no xanex a few times a week so I don't become dependent"

Conrad Mc June 7, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I started taking xanax when I was fifteen. I only take them when I have an anxiety attack and they are the only thing that helps. I am now 23 and still only take them as needed. They work within a short amount of time & soothe all symptoms even my muscle spasms."

cecesue (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 2, 2015

For Anxiety "Recently was prescribed Klonopin because my doctor didn't like how Xanax had such a quick onset but also quick fall. I was okay with the change initially because even at 0.5mg, Xanax would make me so sleepy I couldn't function. That made it pretty impossible to take during any day panic. I've been have anxiety the last couple days, so I took a Klonopin last night hoping that I would wake with a sense of calm like I usually did with the Xanax. Nope...the anxiety is actually worse. Xanax isn't perfect; like I said, I generally try not to take it unless I am at home, so I've suffered a lot when I shouldn't have had to, but it has a much more calming affect than Klonopin is giving me. I never took it long-term - only as needed."

AmyJoK June 2, 2015

For Anxiety "I only take as needed, and it usually works awesome. Even knowing i have it as backup reduces my anxiety. It works best if taken before a stressful event but having a TBI makes remembering difficult. It also works better for me since i don't have to take daily on a schedule like other anxiety medications"

Kristara (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 2, 2015

For Anxiety "Really does help with anxiety/panic attacks, but has nasty withdrawals. I was prescribed .5mg 3x a day, and whenever I moved, my new doctor stopped prescribing me them, pretty much forcing me to quit cold turkey. Worst month of my life, and it only exacerbated my anxiety in the end."

pulledover (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

For Anxiety "Xanax helped me major status! When I was 22 years old tried spice its a messed up chemical synthetic THC bull.. anyways I smoked three bowls and then boom I couldn't breath my hands and muscles tightened up and I couldn't move. And my chest felt like I had 500 pounds on it! I thought I was dying and my whole body was tingly! Went to the hospital and they diagnose with GAD and panic disorder. For three months I did not leave my house and I thought I was dying 50% of the time. So my doctor put me on Ativan for a month I stopped taking it in 5 days. I felt like I was going insane. So I was given. Xanax for a month. The first time taking it BOOM it all stopped I was a normal person it helped me get over all my panic attacks! 0.5Mg as needed!"

kylebsmith (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I hear a lot of people saying the same thing about this being sort of like a miracle drug that is what my psychiatrist and dr call to. It is quite amazing how you can be going through a full blown panic anxiety attack and just not too long after taking xanax. It's like night and day. It's definitely good to have one of these on hand if you suffer from anxiety or panic disorder. Sometimes just knowing I have it and helps me. anyway 10 out of 10 very addictive but definitely works. As long as you're not popping them every couple hours I think most people on here will find that it works great.."

sactown916712 May 26, 2015

For Panic Disorder "It's amazing how many symptoms come about because of anxiety: chest pain, chest squeezing, dizziness, light-headed feelings, feeling faint, sweating, nausea, heart palpitations. I could go on. Xanax is practically a miracle drug. It stops most of these symptoms cold after about 45 minutes of taking it. You feel better, and you look back at one hour ago, and you're bewildered that stress and anxiety caused you to feel so badly."

Ken0808 May 14, 2015

For Panic Disorder "This medication is a real life saver for aviaphobics/clausterphobics with panic disorder. I find .25 mgs prior to boarding an then an additional .25-.50 as needed stops an attack in its tracks. This medication (coupled with relaxing music on my iPod )has given me the ability to conquer the anticipatory anxiety and the panic itself. I cannot recommend this medication enough for true panic disorder/panic attacks."

mzjs40 May 12, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Suffered from post traumatic stress disorder for over 17 years. This was the best thing to keep me from having anxiety, triggering a panic attack. Other meds made it worse. Especially if you take an antidepressant like Lexapro. Lexapro alone will not work. Together with the Xanax and Lexapro is the best combination for PTSD!"

pnuttdean (taken for 10 years or more) April 21, 2015

For Anxiety "This is a qualified positive review for Xanax. I was suffering from mild depression and anxiety last winter and my doctor put me on Wellbutrin. That stuff takes 4-8 weeks to work and in the interim it can really up your anxiety level. A week later I started 1mg Xanax 1-2X/day and it took care of the anxiety immediately. I continued using Xanax for more restful sleep but after about 3 months I realized that short and long term memory was WAY down. Stopped Xanax and replaced with GABA and this seems to be a far better solution. The Wellbutrin worked great, felt more energy the first week but did take 6-8 weeks to fully kick in. I will now ONLY take the Xanax for rare, severe stress. Also check the connection to Alzheimers."

Matt in CA April 21, 2015

For Anxiety "Xanax made me a normal person again. I had bouts of anxiety seemingly my entire life, but it didn't become debilitating until I reached my 20s and became overwhelmed with everything on my plate and I lost sight of who I was. I couldn't focus on anything because I was too worried about school and work and my health issues. It became too much, and I dropped out of school with a 4.0! Anxiety stole my life away, but Xanax gave me the strength to gain it back. I'm finally about to graduate, have a wonderful job, and just recently got engaged! I am a normal person, and I thank anxiety for calming my brain and enabling me to live a beautiful, productive life. I highly recommend it if you genuinely suffer from debilitating anxiety."

Madsz April 16, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I had the worst anxiety imaginable that manifested to agoraphobia and I was a prisoner for years. It's a long story but Xanax saved my life or rather gave me my life back. In any event, those that suffer daily anxiety or GAD (general anxiety disorder) are better off using an MOA inhibitor as a maintenance medication and Xanax as an emergency medication. I'm on effexor daily 150Mg. that took about 10 weeks to start working but when it did is too was a miracle. I did have side effects when I started but my doctor told me to "hang in there" because the side effects are usually just temporary and they were with the exception of weight gain in which I control with exercise and diet which gave me another side effect, better health!"

Whistlersgoo (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2015

For Depression "If you cut back on the dosage you risk the chance of having seizures, even taking as prescribed over a long period of time because of the tolerance buildup. I have been in re-hab 4 times trying to get off of xanax. They give you valium, librium or ativan so you don’t have a seizure and then lower that dosage over 7-15 days and release you. But 3-7 days later your symptoms are going to be so bad it will drive you back to xanax which now you will probably have to buy on the street because they’re widely available unlike valium."

Wilberforce-xyzzzzzz (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 11, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I'm tried other anti-anxiety meds., but Xanax is the only one that keeps my panic disorder in check, and I'm had several others prescribed that were no effective. I take 1 mg. 3Xdaily."

Bonniebleu (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2015

For Anxiety "I take this as needed for anxious situations: i.e. the dentist (I would flee from the office crying if not for the Xanax), being around large crowds of people, etc. It certainly takes off the edge that accompanies anxiety and helps me to be in situations that I normally couldn't. It seems to take 45 mins to an hour to kick in so I am proactive in taking it to be prepared. It's been a great help to get me to certain places and be able live life."

FanOfTheBoss March 31, 2015

For Anxiety "I have had anxiety since I was a child, from my personal experiences this medicine is the fastest and effective but BE VERY CAREFUL also the most depending. I ran my prescription short one month and was without for a couple of days and had a seizure while driving. Just because the doctor says three or four times a day doesn't mean you need them that much, BE VERY CAREFUL!"

shortcake67 March 19, 2015

For Anxiety "I started having anxiety attacks a few months ago due to marijuana use. Bad life choice I regret but due to my natural anxiety marijuana made it 10x worse. I started having anxiety attacks sometimes up to 6x a day for a few weeks. I had a visit to my doctor scheduled anyway and was honest and told him about my situation. He prescribed me xanax to use as a short term medication for my anxiety attacks as he said weed can cause horrible anxiety for a month in some ppl. I took it as prescribed which was every six hours as needed. I started with about .25mg a day but took .5 a few times when it was real bad. 2 weeks later I began splitting the pills in half to .12. Am completely off it now but made a huge difference in my life for that time."

dagger 3457 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

For Anxiety "I've been battling anxiety since before I could remember it got so bad that I finally tried Xanax for thw first time today and so far I feel like my best self l. My mind is no longer racing a million miles a minute and I don't feel tense at all, only peacefulness."

finally: ) February 23, 2015

For Depression "Xanax has helped me so much for my depression and panic attacks. Even has helped a lot with my obsessive compulsive disorder. I don't have nearly as many compulsions since I've started taking it."

chris3545 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I take a small dosage as needed and it's very helpful in keeping my anxiety under control."

BellaLuna003 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2015

For Anxiety "Severe withdrawal"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 28, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Xanax works almost immediately when I'm having a panic attack. I have tried a lot of different "newer" antidepressants and they always have weird side effects. Then the doctor says to keep taking them for weeks to work. "

MeSklawz January 25, 2015

For Anxiety "Rash, dry eye, dry mouth, dry skin, sore tongue and throat, cramps."

fastram January 23, 2015