User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 372 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by Kathy mom:

For Anxiety: I thought this medicine might help with the onset of an atrial fibrillation attack and it does! Not a guarantee but very often helps especially at night when I feel something coming on...it allows me to fall into a deeper sleep which at times kicks the onset. Also very useful for anxiousness, as documented. I do not take it daily, only when needed.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by Cortneyrb:

For Panic Disorder: I take 0.25mg three times a day for panic attacks. I wish I could say Xanax stops the panic attacks completely, but it only lessons the symptoms until I feel okay enough to calm myself down with breathing exercises. Other than that--- Xanax is a miracle.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Ashley O. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I get intense panic attacks. Xanax is very effective at working quickly to stop a panic attack. It saved my life, until after a few months I tried to stop taking it and got horrible withdrawals. I felt like I was dying, my anxiety was worse than it had ever been in my life, high blood pressure (and mine is naturally low), tachycardia, hallucinations, tremors. I hope anyone considering taking Xanax takes it at a low dose and not daily. If daily, do not quit cold turkey.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2014 7:56 PM

Review by Shanae r:

For Anxiety: First time taking Xanax today and I feel great! The doctor prescribed me 0.5mg every 6 hours but I took a 0.25 and it helped tremendously! I am calm and able to function. All those anxious and negative thoughts just slip away.

May 21, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by chig81:

For Anxiety: This medication has helped me live a normal life well more normal. I don't worry much about nothing and I can go into Walmart and feel comfortable. My social life is improving as well. There were times I couldn't get myself to interact with people sometimes I wouldn't even answer the phone. I've only been on this medicine for a little over a month it has truly been a lifesaver. I am sleeping like a baby I can't remember the last time I've struggled to calm down and go to sleep only to wake up several times a night using the bathroom or just couldn't relax. My quality of life is getting much better.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 7, 2014 9:34 AM

Review by NotBillGates (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: The only medication that stops my paralyzing panic attacks. Generally works within 10 minutes. Side effects are non-existent.

April 27, 2014 12:30 PM

Review by chriwa:

For Anxiety: I have experienced anxiety since being diagnosed with Cancer 4 years ago. I use 0.5 MG's twice daily and stick to this dosage given to me by my doctor. It helps me tremendously. I have tried to step off it several times and found it very difficult. Will remain on it for as long as I need it. It improves my life quality and keeps panic and anxiety at bay.

April 17, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by NEK (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Yeah, it works. Some people are more sensitive than others. Generally, you take a pill (depends on dosage) and you just start feeling your tight chest and stomach release, and I notice I begin breathing more calmly and normally. Just feels good all over, which is such a contrast from the horrors of anxiety. It can make you a little sleepy. I think for 'normal people' it would make them very sleepy. For 'anxious' people, I think it makes you normal and relaxed. The one problem is that if you take it too much, like three days in a row, the effect is reduced and you have to 'up' the dosage. I think it works best for occasional use, like before a difficult situation or when you're just having a lot of anxiety and need calm.

April 14, 2014 2:04 PM

Review by your nickname:

For Anxiety: Extremely helpful!

April 9, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by Interstellar117 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: This works effectively for anxiety as well as sleeping problems. It doesn't impair my cognitive abilities. It is not addictive to me, however the only problem is getting off Xanax and the backlash effect it creates. I have successfully used Tranxene to bridge this gap and taper off safely. I rate it a 9 1/2; it has been a true miracle when I needed it most!

April 2, 2014 7:53 PM

For Panic Disorder: A miracle pill for the worst of panic attacks. Nothing compares to the effectiveness of Xanax.

April 1, 2014 8:11 AM

Review by Lostangel67:

For Anxiety: I was very uneasy always sad, lost how to be happy, jumpy at the slightest things and panic and from the second or third pill began to feel a difference. I felt like I could have fun again or really smile at least. It is like my brain needed a little help adjusting to difficult situations.

March 31, 2014 7:21 PM

Review by Huey1987 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: I should start by letting you know that I was an addict of medicines (and having been through treatment, now enjoy 2 years and 9 months of sobriety) but I am also a sufferer of a wretched case of anxiety complete with full blown crippling panic attacks. Which I have suffered from for many years, but upon completing treatment for my recreational use and now being honest with doctors it was very difficult for that reason to get one to prescribe something that would help my condition. When I found one that would I would have to have my wife allocate the Xanax out to me but I will say it has helped and worked wonders. IN MODERATION!!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2014 6:57 PM

Review by nemj:

For Anxiety: Works almost immediately. Gets rid of chest tightness, anger, emotional rollercoaster. Just doesn't last a full 8 hours.

March 11, 2014 2:22 AM

Review by Cal~ (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I have to start by saying that I'm fearful of medications for starters, secondly I have dealt with anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia for many years now! I'm not housebound but do have a small neighborhood radius of "comfort". I have in the past felt shamed of my condition as I thought I was unique and alone and somewhat embarrassed to try to explain my irrational feelings and thoughts, which I have learned since that they are entirely "made up" and thoughts lead to feelings that lead to behaviors all of which can be undone with the help of medicine, therapy, relaxation techniques, journaling, diet, exercise and not being afraid to open up about your anxiety. You are NOT alone! Learn to RELAX it WORKS.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2014 3:28 PM

Review by sopranofan (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I've been on a variety of different benzodiazipines for about 16 years now for anxiety, Agorphobia and even insomnia and I have to say Xanax is by far the most effective. I've been on Valium, Klonopin, Ativan and even SSRI'S and none helped me the way Xanax did. Ativan did absolutely nothing, Valium was "decent"(I'd give it a 5) because of its long acting qualities and Klonopin made me tired all the time. Only with Xanax can I lead a normal, productive life. Without that medicine I would not be able to hang out with friends, go to the grocery store, go to the mailbox, associate with my family ...these are all triggers of my anxiety. Even answering the phone! I've taken 2mgs two times daily now for the past 7 years and it works great!

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2014 2:48 PM

Review by ItsYourLove (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I have always struggled with worry, stress, and anxiety and recently have gone through some really difficult situation. My doctor diagnosed me with panic attacks and prescribed me a low dose of Xanax to take when needed. I take half a pill because I am afraid of developing a habit and hate relying on medications. This really does work and helps me a lot. I have only needed it a few times.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2014 4:39 PM

Review by IWizardofOz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I have anxiety for a long time, taking Zoloft for it since 99 not sure how much it helps, but when I get really bad I take Xanax .25mg, it does help quickly. My only thing on Xanax, I wished that it wouldn't be habit forming and because of that, you may need to make dosage higher and higher after .25mg. Also recommend checking for interactions with Xanax if you are taking any other medicines.

February 15, 2014 1:43 PM

Review by Danny's Lady (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I asked my doctor if he could give me something as I had been under stress and anxiety for some time. I take 0.5 mg of Xanax twice a day. I take it about 1/2 hour before I go to bed so I can relax and sleep. Not sure if the Xanax is causing some weight gain or not.

February 12, 2014 2:54 PM

Review by Harrold_haisma (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: I have been on Xanax for about 8 months after a very difficult period in my life. Xanax helped me very well in the beginning of threatment but quickly tends to lose its beneficial effects. The development of tolerance is a major issue with all benzodiazepines and seems to build fast with Xanax / alprazolam. I had to increase my dose from 0.5 mg twice a day to 2 mg three times a day. Tapering off can be difficult.

February 5, 2014 1:40 PM

Review by Myinput:

For Tinnitus: Lifesaving. Was completely nonfunctional before being put on it. I understand the risks but the risks of disabling tinnitus were 1 million times worse. This medicine needs to be studied further as I also agree that severe tinnitus related to sudden sensorineural hearing loss is a brain condition. I tried a million things beforehand (steroids, steroids injected into ear, hyperbaric oxygen, etc.) Xanax saved my life.

February 3, 2014 5:50 PM

Review by SapphireBeast67:

For Panic Disorder: I had a breakdown in my doctor's office after my Klonopin stopped working. She said I needed something stronger for my daily panic attacks as I could not even function at my part time job that was only three days a week. I am on 2mgs twice daily. It's affordable and helps like no other medicine I've tried. I take it with chamomile tea to relax if I've had a stressful day. Or if things get too hectic at work I may take half of one. It also cured my insomnia. I feel like a normal person now.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2014 9:26 AM

Review by reima lehtonen (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: This is only what helps me.

January 19, 2014 10:04 PM

Review by MotoMisfit:

For Anxiety: As far back as I can remember, kindergarten I think. I've suffered from major anxiety issues. I can remember throwing up in the trash can by the entrance to Jr. High School, and through High School even. I could then, and can now make my hands sweat just by thinking about it. When I finally got on Xanax, I was far more outgoing, funny, and learned there was a whole side to me I didn't really know existed due to Anxiety. My point is.......don't wait! Talk to some one who can help you with Anxiety if you have it. And BE HONEST! Tell them how hard it is for you!!

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2014 9:19 PM

Review by Cera (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I started taking Xanax in 2007- my daily dose was up to 4mg daily as needed. I finally felt that I had my life back. In 2013 we moved to AZ and the 1st Dr I saw here discontinued it, cold turkey. A few others were drastically cut back and stopped without any warning. I must say it has been difficult.

January 2, 2014 1:52 AM