Medication Guide App

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 408 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by shortcake67:

For Anxiety: I have had anxiety since I was a child, from my personal experiences this medicine is the fastest and effective but BE VERY CAREFUL also the most depending. I ran my prescription short one month and was without for a couple of days and had a seizure while driving. Just because the doctor says three or four times a day doesn't mean you need them that much, BE VERY CAREFUL!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 10:05 PM

Review by finally: ):

For Anxiety: I've been battling anxiety since before I could remember it got so bad that I finally tried Xanax for thw first time today and so far I feel like my best self l. My mind is no longer racing a million miles a minute and I don't feel tense at all, only peacefulness.

February 23, 2015 4:01 PM

Review by chris3545 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Xanax has helped me so much for my depression and panic attacks. Even has helped a lot with my obsessive compulsive disorder. I don't have nearly as many compulsions since I've started taking it.

February 16, 2015 12:25 PM

Review by BellaLuna003 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: I take a small dosage as needed and it's very helpful in keeping my anxiety under control.

February 5, 2015 9:30 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: Severe withdrawal

January 28, 2015 10:50 AM

Review by MeSklawz:

For Panic Disorder: Xanax works almost immediately when I'm having a panic attack. I have tried a lot of different "newer" antidepressants and they always have weird side effects. Then the doctor says to keep taking them for weeks to work.

January 25, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by fastram:

For Anxiety: Rash, dry eye, dry mouth, dry skin, sore tongue and throat, cramps.

January 23, 2015 6:18 PM

Review by BigMoma46:

For Panic Disorder: I have been on Xanax 1mg twice a day and it has been a God send. I suffer from panic attacks and actually had to be hospitalized, I was placed on Klonopin and then I was switched to Xanax first at 0.5 mg than to 1mg it's a wonderful medicine however be very aware of this medicine being very addictive.

January 15, 2015 5:43 PM

Review by Theresapillforthat:

For Panic Disorder: I first started taking 0.25 mg. It worked like a miracle pill. I was also having trouble sleeping. I tried everything antidepressant, Ambien, Lunesta, Restoril you name it I tried it . Now after 3 hrs on Xanax I use a 1 mg pill before bed and I sleep like a rock and very rarely do I have a attack during the next day. If I do I take 0.25 mg and in 15 min I'm fine. For me it took care of both sleeping and panic attacks!

January 14, 2015 10:49 PM

Review by Crystal Ball:

For Panic Disorder: I had severe anxiety and panic attacks and have tried antidepressants that didn't work and gave side effects for not being the correct medicine. Wild thoughts, voices and fear consumed me. I started with 0.25 then slowly came off of it. Taking too long made me mentally slow. Tried tapering off and taking as needed until I worked through the fears and anxieties. Ultimately our minds are trying to make decisions, fighting ourselves and indecision creates mental turmoil that only we can correct by making a choice and moving forward.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2015 7:42 AM

Review by ARJC (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: This medication has helped me a lot it keeps me calm and it's fast acting just take them as prescribed!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 1:41 PM

Review by cucupuffs (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: I have dealt with depression, anxiety, social phobia or social anxiety which ever label they want to use for it these days. I have dealt with these issues pretty much since kindergarten. Well mainly the extreme social phobia/anxiety at that time which they used to just call "shy". When I was 18 and was seeing a psychologist he diagnosed me as having agoraphobia, I'm guessing because they really didn't have the term "social phobia/anxiety" at that time. I finally started taking Paxil and it worked good for 10 yrs then I maxed out on dosage and it stopped working. Tried all the other SSRI's/SSNRI's. Effexor XR worked best but didn't help anxiety/or social phobia issues. Got on Klonopin, then Xanax eventually. Benzodiazepines are life savers for socialphobia.

January 2, 2015 9:14 PM

Review by Big Eagle (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I've suffered from generalized anxiety for 25 years. At one point I could barely leave my house. Afraid to drive on bridges, tunnels, fly... I even had anxiety about taking taking anxiety medication. Xanax was a game changer for me! I rarely take it, but I've Taken trips I never thought I would be able to take. Get this, I was even able to skydive! Not bad for an agoraphobic. It builds confidence. Just having it in my pocket really helps. I had to take a .5 mg dose tonight because I've been in panic mode for five days and I finally needed to reset my mental state. I think David Burn's "feeling good handbook," is an awesome tool too. I'm rambling because after 5 days of super anxiety, I finally took a .5 and now I feel great.

January 2, 2015 6:01 AM

Review by jreppoh:

For Panic Disorder: 30 years of Xanax at 1mg 3x a day. I miss the passion that my husband and I have but my body is numb. I have a my perfect husband so I pretend. Xanax will RUIN your sex life and take a lot from you if you take it for years like I have. They hardly work at all now and I am having lots of problems trying to stop. Beware because at first they are wonderful.

December 18, 2014 5:16 AM

Review by A. Perez (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Great for what it is meant for but a huge risk factor for dependency. If you can your better off taking Lexapro.

December 17, 2014 3:56 PM

Review by Mozes:

For Anxiety: Takes away all anxiety and stress. I have GAD SAD and PTSD.

December 13, 2014 4:03 PM

Review by TheRXQueen (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: Works very well for anxiety. The best way to take these types of medicines is to take them as needed. Some doctors will tell you to take them everyday as prescribed, but I found in my 20 years of experience with Xanax that taking them everyday is an easy way for it to become habit forming and addictive. When I take them as needed I don't become dependent on them. I think doctors disagree with this method because they feel that you need to counter the anxiety before you get it and that way you can learn to tolerate it. I have tried using Xanax both ways, it's nice not having anxiety, but your body and mind will adapt to the dosage and if you take it long enough you will find you need a higher dose to feel like you did.

December 12, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: I noticed my memory was very much affected on Xanax. This is the quickest working benzo in my opinion, but does not last long. Also, the withdrawals from Xanax were more severe than the withdrawals from the other benzos I've been on. It works great for some people, but not so much for me.

December 5, 2014 8:11 PM

Review by Jundibasam (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Acts very quickly and definitely feel the calming effect. The only downsides is that it doesn't last very long (2-3 hrs max, maybe even less) and you quickly build up a tolerance for it so you end up having to take much more the more you use it.

December 1, 2014 9:16 AM

For Anxiety: Only benzodiazepine that worked completely. Been on all the others. Have tried antidepressants with negative results. So at the correct dose. Alprazolam is what I consider the hardest working anxiety and stress reliever available.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 12:01 AM

Review by amv518:

For Depression: This is the best medicine out there. It makes me a better person. I love it. I have anxiety and depression and this is the only thing that makes me tolerable to be around. Levels me out and makes me happy.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by notomatot31 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Great for anxiety. However, only recommend using short term. I've gone through opiate withdrawing as well as benzo withdraws, and benzo withdraws are far worse. Never felt more suicidal...use with caution...

November 15, 2014 8:01 AM

Review by JG-Swam (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I have been taking Xanax 1MG twice daily as needed to help cope with my severe panic disorder and anxiety attacks, which have been impacting my sleep schedule drastically. Take the correct oral amount daily, and you will see positive results in no time! If you feel like your having complications, contact your doctor immediately! Everyone's tolerances are different!

November 13, 2014 1:39 PM

Review by angelmax (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I have been on Xanax for a few years due to my anxiety discover. This tablet which I only take a quarter of when it is necessary which doesn't happen very often has helped me sleep and calm down. My sister has terminal cancer. It also helped me go through tough events.

November 12, 2014 3:52 PM

Review by Lexxa:

For Anxiety: I take this medication as needed. I take 150 mg Effexor daily, which helps with the majority of my depression and anxiety, but I take Xanax when I need to take the edge off. I was recently prescribed this, and I have only had to use it twice, while flying (I go into full panic mode). I took an entire pill 30 minutes before my flight and it made me relax right away. I have never been able to sleep on a plane (even during international flights), but it calmed me down to the point I fell asleep during both flights. It didn't even bother me during take off when the pilot had to slam on the breaks due to a cargo light. This medication does make me sleepy, though I have not taken half a dose so far. My panic attacks are not as frequent as some.

November 6, 2014 2:51 PM