User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 49 reviews 76 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 441 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "I have experienced anxiety since being diagnosed with Cancer 4 years ago. I use 0.5 MG's twice daily and stick to this dosage given to me by my doctor. It helps me tremendously. I have tried to step off it several times and found it very difficult. Will remain on it for as long as I need it. It improves my life quality and keeps panic and anxiety at bay."

chriwa April 17, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Yeah, it works. Some people are more sensitive than others. Generally, you take a pill (depends on dosage) and you just start feeling your tight chest and stomach release, and I notice I begin breathing more calmly and normally. Just feels good all over, which is such a contrast from the horrors of anxiety. It can make you a little sleepy. I think for 'normal people' it would make them very sleepy. For 'anxious' people, I think it makes you normal and relaxed. The one problem is that if you take it too much, like three days in a row, the effect is reduced and you have to 'up' the dosage. I think it works best for occasional use, like before a difficult situation or when you're just having a lot of anxiety and need calm."

NEK (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2014

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Extremely helpful!"

your nickname April 9, 2014

For Anxiety "This works effectively for anxiety as well as sleeping problems. It doesn't impair my cognitive abilities. It is not addictive to me, however the only problem is getting off Xanax and the backlash effect it creates. I have successfully used Tranxene to bridge this gap and taper off safely. I rate it a 9 1/2; it has been a true miracle when I needed it most!"

Interstellar117 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2014

For Panic Disorder "A miracle pill for the worst of panic attacks. Nothing compares to the effectiveness of Xanax. "

Anonymous April 1, 2014

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was very uneasy always sad, lost how to be happy, jumpy at the slightest things and panic and from the second or third pill began to feel a difference. I felt like I could have fun again or really smile at least. It is like my brain needed a little help adjusting to difficult situations."

Lostangel67 March 31, 2014

For Anxiety "I should start by letting you know that I was an addict of medicines (and having been through treatment, now enjoy 2 years and 9 months of sobriety) but I am also a sufferer of a wretched case of anxiety complete with full blown crippling panic attacks. Which I have suffered from for many years, but upon completing treatment for my recreational use and now being honest with doctors it was very difficult for that reason to get one to prescribe something that would help my condition. When I found one that would I would have to have my wife allocate the Xanax out to me but I will say it has helped and worked wonders. IN MODERATION!!"

Huey1987 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Works almost immediately. Gets rid of chest tightness, anger, emotional rollercoaster. Just doesn't last a full 8 hours."

nemj March 11, 2014

For Anxiety "I have to start by saying that I'm fearful of medications for starters, secondly I have dealt with anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia for many years now! I'm not housebound but do have a small neighborhood radius of "comfort". I have in the past felt shamed of my condition as I thought I was unique and alone and somewhat embarrassed to try to explain my irrational feelings and thoughts, which I have learned since that they are entirely "made up" and thoughts lead to feelings that lead to behaviors all of which can be undone with the help of medicine, therapy, relaxation techniques, journaling, diet, exercise and not being afraid to open up about your anxiety. You are NOT alone! Learn to RELAX it WORKS."

Cal~ (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 25, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been on a variety of different benzodiazipines for about 16 years now for anxiety, Agorphobia and even insomnia and I have to say Xanax is by far the most effective. I've been on Valium, Klonopin, Ativan and even SSRI'S and none helped me the way Xanax did. Ativan did absolutely nothing, Valium was "decent"(I'd give it a 5) because of its long acting qualities and Klonopin made me tired all the time. Only with Xanax can I lead a normal, productive life. Without that medicine I would not be able to hang out with friends, go to the grocery store, go to the mailbox, associate with my family ...these are all triggers of my anxiety. Even answering the phone! I've taken 2mgs two times daily now for the past 7 years and it works great!"

sopranofan (taken for 10 years or more) February 17, 2014

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have always struggled with worry, stress, and anxiety and recently have gone through some really difficult situation. My doctor diagnosed me with panic attacks and prescribed me a low dose of Xanax to take when needed. I take half a pill because I am afraid of developing a habit and hate relying on medications. This really does work and helps me a lot. I have only needed it a few times."

ItsYourLove (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have anxiety for a long time, taking Zoloft for it since 99 not sure how much it helps, but when I get really bad I take Xanax .25mg, it does help quickly. My only thing on Xanax, I wished that it wouldn't be habit forming and because of that, you may need to make dosage higher and higher after .25mg. Also recommend checking for interactions with Xanax if you are taking any other medicines."

IWizardofOz (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2014

For Anxiety "I asked my doctor if he could give me something as I had been under stress and anxiety for some time. I take 0.5 mg of Xanax twice a day. I take it about 1/2 hour before I go to bed so I can relax and sleep. Not sure if the Xanax is causing some weight gain or not."

Danny's Lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I have been on Xanax for about 8 months after a very difficult period in my life. Xanax helped me very well in the beginning of threatment but quickly tends to lose its beneficial effects. The development of tolerance is a major issue with all benzodiazepines and seems to build fast with Xanax / alprazolam. I had to increase my dose from 0.5 mg twice a day to 2 mg three times a day. Tapering off can be difficult."

Harrold_haisma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2014

For Tinnitus "Lifesaving. Was completely nonfunctional before being put on it. I understand the risks but the risks of disabling tinnitus were 1 million times worse. This medicine needs to be studied further as I also agree that severe tinnitus related to sudden sensorineural hearing loss is a brain condition. I tried a million things beforehand (steroids, steroids injected into ear, hyperbaric oxygen, etc.) Xanax saved my life."

Myinput February 3, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I had a breakdown in my doctor's office after my Klonopin stopped working. She said I needed something stronger for my daily panic attacks as I could not even function at my part time job that was only three days a week. I am on 2mgs twice daily. It's affordable and helps like no other medicine I've tried. I take it with chamomile tea to relax if I've had a stressful day. Or if things get too hectic at work I may take half of one. It also cured my insomnia. I feel like a normal person now. "

SapphireBeast67 January 28, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This is only what helps me."

reima lehtonen (taken for 10 years or more) January 19, 2014

For Anxiety "As far back as I can remember, kindergarten I think. I've suffered from major anxiety issues. I can remember throwing up in the trash can by the entrance to Jr. High School, and through High School even. I could then, and can now make my hands sweat just by thinking about it. When I finally got on Xanax, I was far more outgoing, funny, and learned there was a whole side to me I didn't really know existed due to Anxiety. My point is.......don't wait! Talk to some one who can help you with Anxiety if you have it. And BE HONEST! Tell them how hard it is for you!!"

MotoMisfit January 4, 2014

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I started taking Xanax in 2007- my daily dose was up to 4mg daily as needed. I finally felt that I had my life back. In 2013 we moved to AZ and the 1st Dr I saw here discontinued it, cold turkey. A few others were drastically cut back and stopped without any warning. I must say it has been difficult."

Cera (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 2, 2014

For Anxiety "Xanax is the best when taken only as needed and not on a daily basis. Nothing else comes close. Just be cautious and it can be used over a longer period of time if not abused. It has worked for me that way."

Bandg47 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2013

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Between being at 3 terrorist attacks 911, Madrid and the 1st Trade center I have had severe panic attack and depression. Xanax is a great cure for the craziest things that life throws at you."

lucky nj (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2013

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax was a Godsend in the short term. Nearly immediate peace from all anxiety and panic symptoms. The longer I took it though, the more problematic it became. Constantly increasing dose for effectiveness, switching formulations. Finally addiction, dependence - didn't matter if it was called this or that. Discontinuing Xanax was painful. Like weeks long, restless, climbing the walls, no sleep. I'd still call it useful in a low dose, well supervised situation. "

WhiteRook (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 26, 2013

For Depression "Very good for insomnia and stress which leads to depression. No side effects."

Educator28 November 21, 2013

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "The first time I took Xanax was when I was having dental work and it was prescribed for the acute anxiety I feel with dentists. This past year my regular doctor suggested I might like to take it from time to time because of depression and anxiety. It helps tremendously. I usually break the .25 mg pill in half and just take half of one. I do not use it every day, but when I need it, it's wonderful and gets me to the next day."

ms me November 3, 2013

154 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I take Xanax very rarely with Lexapro as my primary anxiety med. Xanax works perfectly to knock out secondary panic and anxiety symptoms, the best as needed anxiety med on the market. I don't recommend it as your primary anxiety med though, too addictive."

anonymous251 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 26, 2013