User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 391 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by Lisetta:

For Panic Disorder: I was 16 when I had my first panic attack! It was so scary I didn't know what was happening to me. It got to the point that I had anxiety every single minute of my day I became house bound for the next 2 yrs I would not step foot outside my house I felt like the world around me was a dream I now know this is called de-realization something that happens when anxiety is at it's worst, at its peek! My mother took me to her psychiatrist, that was the best day of my life I was prescribed 1 mg Xanax 3 x per day. I started to flourish, I starting living again and slowly getting back out into society. I am now 44 I have a loving husband, 2 kids and am still on Xanax but my dosage is much lower 0.5 micrograms in the morning or when necessary.

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2013 11:36 PM

Review by MannyN (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Xanax is amazing! In 2010 I was overwhelmed with emotions. My mother had a stroke in March of that year and at the same time me and my wife were expecting our 1st child. All these emotions led to me having depression and anxiety I was finally diagnosed in 2012 with anxiety disorder/panic attacks. They prescribed me Xanax 0.5mg one a day and it works miracles in my daily life.

July 2, 2013 11:25 PM

Review by alpraz9494 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: Xanax has been a lifesaver for me. I was getting it prescribed at 1mg 3x daily and my life was as close to perfect as I can ask for. I made it to work every day and was able to concentrate at school. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have made it through college without it. The problem now is that not 1 psychiatrist is willing to prescribe it to me. They keep giving me Abilify, Prozac, Vistaril, and trazodone. I guess they figure if I am like a ZOMBIE ALL DAY I won't complain.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2013 12:52 PM

Review by rooterbear (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I've been on Xanax for 20 years for anxiety. I have tried just about everything they have come out with and this is all that works.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2013 11:11 PM

Review by coliwoli (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I take it as needed.

June 13, 2013 12:02 AM

Review by EmotionalEraser (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: I have found that Xanax works for me, in such a way that I can go outside, to the shopping mall, and to other events with my family, that I would otherwise avoid at all costs. I have been on Xanax since 1987, and aside from a couple of small self medicating, and using with alcohol when I was younger (I no longer do these things, which are quite dangerous), and my life has been almost normal.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2013 7:35 PM

Review by Steve R:

For Panic Disorder: This is an absolutely wonderful medication. Xanax, along with 40mg of Prozac, has given me my life back. No more insane panic attacks and no more not being able to sleep. Take no more than what the doctor says to take in one day.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2013 1:29 PM

Review by B0gdan:

For Anxiety: I had severe anxiety, agoraphobia. I am on Xanax for about 3-4 month started with 0.25mg morning and 0.25mg at night and now on 0.50mg two times a day and feel great. No panic and my life is much easy. The world is more familiar and I can go anywhere. It's like I have wings now. I will try to leave the medication in future but for now I accept my situation because I like the feeling of living. As an anxious I was afraid of death same as I was afraid of life. Now, I LIVE.

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2013 3:58 AM

Review by Misha341:

For Panic Disorder: God send!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2013 5:05 AM

Review by J.N. Dubois (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I am a teenager who has anxiety/panic attacks occasionally, and my physcisian has been giving me 0.5mg of Xanax for the past couple months to take as needed for anxiety. I can't tell you how wonderful this medication has been. After 15-20 min of taking it my anxiety/panic feelings diminish completely, and I have no need to feel anxious about anything after that.

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2013 11:24 AM

Review by greatgoodgreat:

For Anxiety: Xanax has saved my life. I've been on them for almost four years. I am depressed, have panic attacks, and severe anxiety. Xanax has made me feel normal. I can now be in public unlike before it would make me nervous. I can deal with working and school without having severe anxiety. Racing thoughts and worrying constantly are no more, Xanax rakes that away. I'm not as panicky, just relaxed and can handle issues, stress, everyday life better. I highly recommended Xanax if you have anxiety or panic attacks. I'm on 2mg twice a day. I take one as soon as I wake up, one in the evening, then my sleeping medication are night. I love Xanax for helping me.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2013 1:00 AM

Review by deli queen:

For Anxiety: After my divorce I was depressed and having anxiety attacks, I went to a respectable Doctor but she prescribed me Wellbutrin, after taking it for awhile I felt numb (mentally). I tried a 1mg Xanax and it was perfect! I slept great, but when I first started taking them I would wake up groggy. I would get a shower and that would wake me up. I've been taking them for about 7 years. I am currently cutting my doses down to try to ween off them! I do not have an addictive personality but after a job loss of 10 yrs I tried to quit cold turkey! Not a good idea at all! I can only say use as prescribed and less if possible! Don't just pop one because you are stressed out! Take a walk, talk to a friend, please use with caution.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2013 10:59 AM

Review by gigiblue (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: I've been on alprazolam for a couple years now! I'm now on 1mg 3 times a day but only take as needed! It has been a life saver for me! But now my doctor has prescribed me Viibryd 10 mg and I have been on every antidepressant you can think of and has not been a good experience.

April 4, 2013 12:45 AM

Review by Fox7 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: Xanax is a lifesaver for me! I am 40 years old, diagnosed with Panic Disorder with agoraphobia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Depression. It all started when I was about 13 or 14 years old. To make a long story short, every other medicine I took, either didn't work, or made me gain a ton of weight (SSRI's). I am currently weaning myself off of Zoloft from 200 mgs. since it doesn't seem to be working any more (down to 100 mgs at the moment). I plan on just taking Xanax alone when I'm off of the Zoloft. It is the ONLY medicine that relieves ALL of my symptoms. I will see my doc tomorrow to discuss what dosage I should take after going off of Zoloft completely, because I do take both right now. I'm just tired of being fat from all these SSRI's!

April 3, 2013 8:44 PM

Review by sunny002:

For Depression: I have been taking 0.5mg, 1 at night for 8 yrs. I get 30 for a months supply. It has been a miracle for me & my depression. I have tried all antidepressants which only make me feel worse & even suicidal. Xanax is a life saver for me. My doctor now wants me to start again with a antidepressant. I will not I think he wants to wean me off Xanax because of all the negative addictive effects.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2013 1:02 AM

Review by StudentBVU (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I am about to turn 50 and my life of anxiety has been a recent and unpleasant downward spiral. I ended up in the emergency room twice with soaring blood pressure, flushing and heart palpitations plus overwhelming feelings of panic. I live daily with either anxiety or small panic attacks, they are debilitating and have affected my ability to continue work on my degree. After my last ER visit a doc felt I was having panic attacks and directed me to seek help at a Mental Health Clinic. I've tried several anti-depressants and I have not tolerated them well. Xanax (0.5 mg) has gotten me through many a day and night and I prefer this medication over all the others. It decreases the anxiety very quickly and helps to maintain a sense of normality.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2013 8:36 PM

Review by Zanni (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Relaxed and calm

March 2, 2013 7:46 AM

Review by brydman01:

For Anxiety: Xanax has been a life saver! Just recently had a heart attack and had my 4th stent put in. Was still having chest pains which obviously scare me when I have them. The tricky part is separating the chest pains from anxiety which I have been diagnosed with. What a vicious cycle!

February 25, 2013 10:04 AM

Review by Xanax is a life saver. (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I was 19 years old when my family doctor prescribed me Xanax 0.25mg. for my stress and anxiety from work and life at the time. I'm 43 now I only take it when I'm under a lot of stress or when my anxiety level goes up in any situation in my life. At the same time when I'm stressed out I go walking and running because it helps too. I wouldn't know what I would do if I didn't have Xanax to help me.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2013 8:17 PM

Review by jhbb:

For Anxiety: If you want absolutely zero anxiety then Xanax/alprazolam are very helpful.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2013 12:21 PM

Review by chandlaaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: I've tried Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, and many more anti-depresents and none of them worked for my severe anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, and post traumatic stress disorder. I struggle with Panic attacks on a daily basis but Xanax has helped me so much and I've come a long way. Panic attacks are one of the worsts conditions to have.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2013 6:01 AM

Review by GeeMigs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: 4 years ago I had my first panic attack/anxiety. Had hyperventilation and end up in the ER. My doctor prescribed 0.025mg of Xanax. I took the medicine as required. I wasn't able to drive and do anything out by myself. I was afraid and worried of being alone. I always fear that it would happen again. My thoughts are always what if...Anxiety was taking over my life. I was able to control it for 2 years. Just this month I recently panicked for no reason. My dr. put me on this just in case I have a full blown anxiety...but the downside to this medicine is it makes me really sleepy and tired. But it does works!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2013 4:22 PM

Review by Xinu:

For Anxiety: I have taken Xanax on and off for 18 years and I would say it has been a lifesaver for me. I have episodes of anxiety, nothing earth shattering, but debilitating non-the-less. Xanax has helped smooth those times over and make life manageable. This is a wonderful medicine!

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2013 10:25 AM

Review by Lyndalyn:

For Tinnitus: Tinnitus, very loud and lasts all day and night. Couldn't sleep until I used Xanax and it worked great!

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2013 10:42 PM

Review by preocupada (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: Excellent. It helps my anxiety tremendously and takes care of my panic attacks promptly. I highly recommend it. If you take it as prescribed you will not get addicted. I have been taking it for ten years. It also helps with my high blood pressure and tachycardia.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2013 12:24 AM