User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 382 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by J.N. Dubois (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I am a teenager who has anxiety/panic attacks occasionally, and my physcisian has been giving me 0.5mg of Xanax for the past couple months to take as needed for anxiety. I can't tell you how wonderful this medication has been. After 15-20 min of taking it my anxiety/panic feelings diminish completely, and I have no need to feel anxious about anything after that.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2013 11:24 AM

Review by greatgoodgreat:

For Anxiety: Xanax has saved my life. I've been on them for almost four years. I am depressed, have panic attacks, and severe anxiety. Xanax has made me feel normal. I can now be in public unlike before it would make me nervous. I can deal with working and school without having severe anxiety. Racing thoughts and worrying constantly are no more, Xanax rakes that away. I'm not as panicky, just relaxed and can handle issues, stress, everyday life better. I highly recommended Xanax if you have anxiety or panic attacks. I'm on 2mg twice a day. I take one as soon as I wake up, one in the evening, then my sleeping medication are night. I love Xanax for helping me.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2013 1:00 AM

Review by deli queen:

For Anxiety: After my divorce I was depressed and having anxiety attacks, I went to a respectable Doctor but she prescribed me Wellbutrin, after taking it for awhile I felt numb (mentally). I tried a 1mg Xanax and it was perfect! I slept great, but when I first started taking them I would wake up groggy. I would get a shower and that would wake me up. I've been taking them for about 7 years. I am currently cutting my doses down to try to ween off them! I do not have an addictive personality but after a job loss of 10 yrs I tried to quit cold turkey! Not a good idea at all! I can only say use as prescribed and less if possible! Don't just pop one because you are stressed out! Take a walk, talk to a friend, please use with caution.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2013 10:59 AM

Review by gigiblue (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: I've been on alprazolam for a couple years now! I'm now on 1mg 3 times a day but only take as needed! It has been a life saver for me! But now my doctor has prescribed me Viibryd 10 mg and I have been on every antidepressant you can think of and has not been a good experience.

April 4, 2013 12:45 AM

Review by Fox7 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: Xanax is a lifesaver for me! I am 40 years old, diagnosed with Panic Disorder with agoraphobia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Depression. It all started when I was about 13 or 14 years old. To make a long story short, every other medicine I took, either didn't work, or made me gain a ton of weight (SSRI's). I am currently weaning myself off of Zoloft from 200 mgs. since it doesn't seem to be working any more (down to 100 mgs at the moment). I plan on just taking Xanax alone when I'm off of the Zoloft. It is the ONLY medicine that relieves ALL of my symptoms. I will see my doc tomorrow to discuss what dosage I should take after going off of Zoloft completely, because I do take both right now. I'm just tired of being fat from all these SSRI's!

April 3, 2013 8:44 PM

Review by sunny002:

For Depression: I have been taking 0.5mg, 1 at night for 8 yrs. I get 30 for a months supply. It has been a miracle for me & my depression. I have tried all antidepressants which only make me feel worse & even suicidal. Xanax is a life saver for me. My doctor now wants me to start again with a antidepressant. I will not I think he wants to wean me off Xanax because of all the negative addictive effects.

March 28, 2013 1:02 AM

Review by StudentBVU (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I am about to turn 50 and my life of anxiety has been a recent and unpleasant downward spiral. I ended up in the emergency room twice with soaring blood pressure, flushing and heart palpitations plus overwhelming feelings of panic. I live daily with either anxiety or small panic attacks, they are debilitating and have affected my ability to continue work on my degree. After my last ER visit a doc felt I was having panic attacks and directed me to seek help at a Mental Health Clinic. I've tried several anti-depressants and I have not tolerated them well. Xanax (0.5 mg) has gotten me through many a day and night and I prefer this medication over all the others. It decreases the anxiety very quickly and helps to maintain a sense of normality.

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2013 8:36 PM

Review by Zanni (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Relaxed and calm

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2013 7:46 AM

Review by brydman01:

For Anxiety: Xanax has been a life saver! Just recently had a heart attack and had my 4th stent put in. Was still having chest pains which obviously scare me when I have them. The tricky part is separating the chest pains from anxiety which I have been diagnosed with. What a vicious cycle!

February 25, 2013 10:04 AM

Review by Xanax is a life saver. (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I was 19 years old when my family doctor prescribed me Xanax 0.25mg. for my stress and anxiety from work and life at the time. I'm 43 now I only take it when I'm under a lot of stress or when my anxiety level goes up in any situation in my life. At the same time when I'm stressed out I go walking and running because it helps too. I wouldn't know what I would do if I didn't have Xanax to help me.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2013 8:17 PM

Review by jhbb:

For Anxiety: If you want absolutely zero anxiety then Xanax/alprazolam are very helpful.

February 20, 2013 12:21 PM

Review by chandlaaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: I've tried Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, and many more anti-depresents and none of them worked for my severe anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, and post traumatic stress disorder. I struggle with Panic attacks on a daily basis but Xanax has helped me so much and I've come a long way. Panic attacks are one of the worsts conditions to have.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2013 6:01 AM

Review by GeeMigs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: 4 years ago I had my first panic attack/anxiety. Had hyperventilation and end up in the ER. My doctor prescribed 0.025mg of Xanax. I took the medicine as required. I wasn't able to drive and do anything out by myself. I was afraid and worried of being alone. I always fear that it would happen again. My thoughts are always what if...Anxiety was taking over my life. I was able to control it for 2 years. Just this month I recently panicked for no reason. My dr. put me on this just in case I have a full blown anxiety...but the downside to this medicine is it makes me really sleepy and tired. But it does works!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2013 4:22 PM

Review by Xinu:

For Anxiety: I have taken Xanax on and off for 18 years and I would say it has been a lifesaver for me. I have episodes of anxiety, nothing earth shattering, but debilitating non-the-less. Xanax has helped smooth those times over and make life manageable. This is a wonderful medicine!

January 28, 2013 10:25 AM

Review by Lyndalyn:

For Tinnitus: Tinnitus, very loud and lasts all day and night. Couldn't sleep until I used Xanax and it worked great!

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2013 10:42 PM

Review by preocupada (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: Excellent. It helps my anxiety tremendously and takes care of my panic attacks promptly. I highly recommend it. If you take it as prescribed you will not get addicted. I have been taking it for ten years. It also helps with my high blood pressure and tachycardia.

January 17, 2013 12:24 AM

Review by alex tham (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Great for panic disorder.

January 16, 2013 2:08 PM

Review by reefers:

For Anxiety: I'm 23 about to be 24 , and I've taken Xanax for going on 9 years. For my panic attacks/anxiety mainly. I absolutely love this medicine. I find myself "extra friendly" sometimes, but better than being a grouch or hiding from my own shadow. I take anywhere from 1mg to 1 1/2mg per day.

January 15, 2013 9:36 PM

Review by hyetxcat (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I suffer from anxiety/ panic attacks as well as live a somewhat stressful life style. Xanax has been my life saver and has been a tremendous aide in allowing me to continue to function in life on a daily basis. Truly a blessing in my life 100%.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2013 8:36 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Xanax helps me cope with life. I live a pore life it gives me the nerve to do things I wouldn't do.

December 8, 2012 6:33 PM

Review by charlennea (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I thank Xanax for making me a better mom. I was mean to everyone around me and I took the motto "this is who I am" to heart. It was not until my mother died after having my third child that I actually realized my angry childhood and anger in this world was not to blame on any one but my own feelings. After taking Xanax and some therapy, I am a new person. I would not be able to live without it. I do not abuse it. I only take the amount prescribed by my doctor and no more. I also take Paxil which helped me a lot as well, but without the Xanax, I would not be living. Participating with my life and most of all my children. I read to them now we go on picnics and wilderness hikes. I love my life, now!

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2012 11:28 AM

Review by mike1234ab12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Good.

December 6, 2012 7:00 PM

Review by PurpleBondGirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Works good for some anxiety but it caused me to be tired and sleepy. I slept a lot while on this and was still depressed.

December 6, 2012 12:47 PM

Review by AlprazolamWizard:

For Depression: I am prescribed 45 2MG Tablets a month (brand name) I take a half 3 times a day, and am also prescribed 90 1mg Klonopin a month - morning, afternoon and night. While the Klonopin seems to aid in keeping the panic/anxiety at bay and keeping me calm and relaxed, the Xanax is the real 1-2 punch to panic attacks and anxiety; it takes all my sadness and depression away and allows me to think about all the amazing things I am working on NOT as a chore or as work, but as creative idea. Being prescribed 2 Benzo's is 'odd' practice like Klonopin 3 times a day with a fast acting Xanax.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2012 5:17 AM

Review by Just an average dude (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: A God send for my untreatable insomnia. Only side effect that prevents me from taking it more often is the testosterone suppressing effect. I spend a lot of time working out and eating right and noticed my strength and body composition, took a very noticeable nose dive a few months after starting on it. I have used 1-2 mg nightly for almost a year. On the plus side, it has helped me get the deep restorative sleep I struggle to get.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate