User Reviews for Xanax

8.5
Summary of Xanax reviews 364 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by ellebi (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Brilliant, the only thing that helps my anxiety and panic attacks.

June 26, 2012 6:27 PM
Review by PamNavy (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Am female veteran that served in Afghanistan and Iraq in the Navy. I got out in 2003 and have been going to the VA ever since. I have post traumatic stress disorder and extremely bad panic attacks. At least 3 to 4x's a day. I can't leave my home; I'm paralyzed with fear. At first the VA came up with the right combination of QUETIAPINE and 3MG Xanax Daily. I was able to go back to work as a correctional officer at a Georgia state prison. I was happy and my kids were happy. Miracle. Then the VA Mental Health Center at Dublin canceled all Xanax for everyone last January 2011. In the last year I have lost my job, friends, kids. I'm scared all the time. I have on slots of panic attacks and can't leave the house anymore.

June 18, 2012 8:33 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Good

May 23, 2012 10:53 PM
Review by Toolate (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Does what it's supposed to do, but don't stop taking it cold turkey. You definitely need to ween yourself off if you've been taking it for awhile.

May 14, 2012 9:23 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: I have been diagnosed with depression and panic disorder (for 20 years now). I learned over the years that if I could keep my anxiety/panic under good control I would be much less likely to go into depression (uncontrolled anxiety greatly increases the chance I will experience depression). Xanax works extremely well at keeping my anxiety (and hence depression) under control. These days I don't need to use it continuously because just knowing that Xanax is there and works so well if I need it has a calming effect. I didn't give Xanax 10/10 though because it has one annoying side effect for me: it kills my libido rather effectively if I take it for a few days. Apart from that, very tolerable - way more so than any antidepressant I was on.

May 3, 2012 7:35 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I am a 33 year old mother of 4 and suffered from depression and very bad anxiety for 5 years. Been in hospital 11 times, the longest 6 months. They filled me with all sorts of medicines at some points. I was so out of it but then a new doctor I met gave me Xanax along with some other antidepressants and I am doing fine and living a normal life. I think these are great.

April 27, 2012 1:27 PM
Review by anon1234: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I have had tremendous benefits from just 0.25mg taken as needed. I previously had lived with anxiety and panic (from social situations, particularly work meetings, eating out at restaurants, etc) for about 9 months before working up the courage to see my doctor. I started developing avoidance tendencies, and decided that I was tired of letting anxiety run my life. I am careful to take it only as needed, and would highly recommend for those with occasional severe anxiety or panic. I've been exercising more and focusing hard on positive thinking, and that combination with the occasional Xanax has been tremendous. Remember, you have an awesome life to live!

April 14, 2012 11:06 PM
Review by NervousWreck!: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I used to work for a bank and I was being helped by one of my colleagues on opening an account for a customer. I was making many mistakes, I began to panic and I was sweating profusely. The customers wouldn't make much conversation with me because they felt they we're making me nervous. I had to excuse myself to take a breather in the break room! Xanax has helped me become more relaxed and socially open with strangers. I feel like my job interviews are going to be pleasant now! The only side effect I experience is tiredness after the medicine wears out, but that only lasted for about 1 hour for me.

April 10, 2012 3:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: When the world is closing in on me I take a Xanax and suddenly I'm able to function again. I can learn and adapt and I feel like I can capture and retain information better. Without it any new information is lost on me and my learning process is inhibited. The little stuff is not a problem anymore and I can focus on accomplishing anything I need to. I didn't start having anxiety attacks until after college. I did really well and all of a sudden I felt like in the real world I could not meet the expectations because of how well I did in school. Everything became too much. Debt, learning a new job, reading (which is my favorite thing to do), being with family and friends. I hit a wall. Even with anti-depressants I could not function.

March 27, 2012 11:47 PM
Review by mitch49: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: I've been on 1mg of Xanax-1 tablet 4 times a day along with 20mg of Prozac. I have severe panic disorder. I've been on this dose for many years and have not experienced any "tolerance" issues. Xanax get's a bad rap because many people abuse it or go above the Dr's prescribed dose. See your Dr. if this isn't working for you. Don't take more than what you're prescribed. Everybody breaks down medications differently.

March 26, 2012 8:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax is great. It gets rid of anxiety but makes me drowsy.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 26, 2012 3:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: It helps me from having severe anxiety attacks, I do go through normal emotions, so I only take them when I get too overwhelmed and I am going to have an anxiety attack. They are very helpful.

March 21, 2012 5:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Very good. A little drowsiness after panic subsides, though I'm not sure if this is due to a physiological response to subsiding high levels of hormones associated with fight/flight response (e.g., cortisol and adrenaline) involved in panic attacks.

March 20, 2012 12:57 AM
Review by lizzzz: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Helps me a lot.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2012 10:27 PM
Review by sleepysleep: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam): Xanax is the perfect solution for those of us who have trouble sleeping, Off to sleep you go !!! no strange thoughts buzzing around your head, just quality restfull sleep with no groggy after affects, but i do wonder if it so astute at switching my brain off from random thoughts is it affecting my ability at work and such, (ie) to just cruise and be content instead of getting on the front foot and nutting things out, being a go getter?? i only use as required and cant praise this substance enough.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 1, 2012 5:57 AM
Review by Lgit: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I've taken Xanax for years for occassional insomia. For the past year, I've been battling with high blood pressure along with some new health issues that popped up. For the last two weeks, my heart has been racing and my stomach has had butterflies. I really felt like hiding under the covers and didn't know why. I kept wondering why am I SO afraid lying in bed watching TV? I felt as though my heart was about to just rip itself out of my chest. So I decided to take a Xanax during the day and it was like a miracle cure. Hopefully, the panic attacks wont last forever, but thank God, I had something to help.

February 27, 2012 8:28 PM
Review by abp6sr: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Just great. I do not use the prescribed amount (0.5mg every 8 hours or every 4 hours as needed). I have not used for a week now but just took 1/2 pill and 25 minutes later I feel good.

February 19, 2012 8:00 PM
Review by aber8112:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I do not use nearly the dosage prescribed to me (0.5mg every 8 hours or every 4 hours as needed). I have used 8 pills in the last 21 days and none since a week ago. I was feeling a little anxious just now and took a half pill and 25 minutes later I feel relaxed and find it easier to breath.

February 19, 2012 7:47 PM
Review by youcanletgo: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Amazing. Helps so much with my panic attacks. It works almost instantly, which is just what I need. By the time Xanax kicks in, the worst of my panic attack has lessened. This medicine allows me to quickly nip the attack in the bud and allow me to function normally. It does taste terrible, but is worth it! Great medicine. Fast working and effective. What more could you ask for?

February 14, 2012 4:02 PM

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax has literally saved my life. I also suffer of mitral valve prolapse and I had mvp symptoms when stressed or when my panic attacks and anxiety would kick in. Xanax took care of all my symptoms, it even kept my spiking blood pressure in check. What a miracle medication, thank you from my heart to whoever found it.

February 12, 2012 7:36 PM
Review by Me not you: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: I am so thankful for this medication! It has saved me countless trips to the ER due to severe, gripping panic attacks. It took about 8 years of anxiety, useless "trying" of several SSRI's, and DOZENS of trips to the hospital hyperventilating, shaking, screaming with my pulse approaching 200 before a smart doctor finally prescribed Me Xanax. I take the medication on an as-needed basis, and sparingly. I take 0.25mg (half pill) to prevent anxiety attacks when anticipating an panic-inducing situation. I take 0.50mg at the first signs an attack is starting. The quickest, most effective route is to lightly crush the pill with your teeth and let it dissolve beneath your tongue. My experience with Xanax is pretty much identical to that of Ativan.

February 2, 2012 2:19 PM
Review by FeliciaFaulkner18018:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Since developing Pneumonia back in September I have been experiencing very bad panic attacks (never had them before the pneumonia). I didnt know what panic attacks even were so I spent countless days in the hospital really feeling like I was dying. I believe the panic attacks is masking another condition that the doctors have yet to find, which also means the Xanax is just masking something not treating it at all. But I have to live with taking them because nothing else helps.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 2, 2012 1:21 AM
Review by king ghostridr: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: It kicks in fast when you get that real bad feeling but I'm tired of taking pills everyday and it happenes everyday a few times a day, bad body aches breathing chest pains. I don't even worry about anything and boom it creeps up on me fast.

January 22, 2012 5:51 PM
Review by Daveguess: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: Have had panic attacks off and on for 37 yrs. and this is the BEST of all the benzo family for relief!! IT WORKS !!!

January 13, 2012 5:01 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: Xanax has been a life saver. I have always had problems feeling a little anxious. But once I was diagnosed as having a brain tumor at 26, it only made things worse. My doctor prescribed Lexapro, which worked okay, but I didn't like the way it made me feel, so I stopped taking them on my own. One particular night about 3 weeks ago, I got so upset that I thought I was having a heart attack. I was dizzy, chest hurting and pounding, weakness. Nobody could find anything medically wrong with me. I asked the doctor for something for anxiety to which he prescribed Xanax 0.25mg every 6 hours and within the 30 minutes of taking it, all my symptoms had diminished. Xanax really saved my life.

January 6, 2012 12:29 PM