User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 372 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: As many people stated, Xanax has given me my life back, (Along side Paxil). When I had severe, severe anxiety, I took half a Xanax daily, but now that I'm thankfully a million times better. I only take it once in a blue moon when I feel like I need it, and take a quarter of a pill. This is amazing.

August 13, 2012 3:10 AM

Review by I'm not crazy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I've been tormented by anxiety since childhood. I am 24 years old and have been through a lot in my life. I've been diagnosed with depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety, panic attacks, ADD. I've been medicated most my life as well. My anxiety got so bad in high school that I had to be home schooled. I wake up in the morning feeling like my heart will explode for no apparent reason. I get intense irrational fear and intense impulses to harm myself because I just can't take it and get frustrated I start throwing and breaking things I can't stand to be alone a lot of the time. Xanax works fast and calms me down without knocking me out. Depending on the severity of my attacks I take up to 2 mg. No less than 0.5-1mg.

August 12, 2012 8:43 PM

Review by Misskenya511:

For Anxiety: Xanax has been a great thing for me. I was very scared to take it in the beginning because I had no idea how I was going to feel but it really calmed me down after two weeks of thinking I was going crazy or dying. I had never experienced anything like this before but I had to get a blood transfusion for my anemia and all hell broke through. My doctor gave me 0.025 and I only take 1/4 of that I Break it in 4's I don't want to go to sleep just take the edge off so my advice to anyone that has to take this even if you have a higher dose just take 1/4 of it until you see how it will respond to your body I hope I could be a help to someone.

August 5, 2012 2:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I was suffering from nocturnal anxiety attacks for several months, but Xanax helps me get a good night's rest most of the time. 0.5 mg gets me to sleep, but 1 mg knocks me out for the whole night. I do not find that I wake up groggy or experience any other side effects, although I am wary about withdrawal symptoms. It's a great medicine overall though!

July 31, 2012 3:48 PM

Review by ellebi (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: This is an ABSOULUTE LIFE SAVER if you have bad anxiety or having a panic attack. Would be lost without it

July 26, 2012 9:50 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Very effective medication, not quite as long lasting as similar ones, but very effective.

July 21, 2012 10:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Dysautonomia: Only thing that keeps me sane and under my own control

July 17, 2012 5:22 PM

Review by punk_goddess (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: This medicine has helped me so much. I suffer from severe panic attacks 3-4 times a day. I think I am dying all the time. Without this medicine I don't know what or where I would be.

July 17, 2012 1:02 AM

Review by ellebi (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Brilliant, the only thing that helps my anxiety and panic attacks.

June 26, 2012 6:27 PM

Review by PamNavy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Am female veteran that served in Afghanistan and Iraq in the Navy. I got out in 2003 and have been going to the VA ever since. I have post traumatic stress disorder and extremely bad panic attacks. At least 3 to 4x's a day. I can't leave my home; I'm paralyzed with fear. At first the VA came up with the right combination of QUETIAPINE and 3MG Xanax Daily. I was able to go back to work as a correctional officer at a Georgia state prison. I was happy and my kids were happy. Miracle. Then the VA Mental Health Center at Dublin canceled all Xanax for everyone last January 2011. In the last year I have lost my job, friends, kids. I'm scared all the time. I have on slots of panic attacks and can't leave the house anymore.

June 18, 2012 8:33 PM

For Anxiety: Good

May 23, 2012 10:53 PM

Review by Toolate (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: Does what it's supposed to do, but don't stop taking it cold turkey. You definitely need to ween yourself off if you've been taking it for awhile.

May 14, 2012 9:23 AM

For Depression: I have been diagnosed with depression and panic disorder (for 20 years now). I learned over the years that if I could keep my anxiety/panic under good control I would be much less likely to go into depression (uncontrolled anxiety greatly increases the chance I will experience depression). Xanax works extremely well at keeping my anxiety (and hence depression) under control. These days I don't need to use it continuously because just knowing that Xanax is there and works so well if I need it has a calming effect. I didn't give Xanax 10/10 though because it has one annoying side effect for me: it kills my libido rather effectively if I take it for a few days. Apart from that, very tolerable - way more so than any antidepressant I was on.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 3, 2012 7:35 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I am a 33 year old mother of 4 and suffered from depression and very bad anxiety for 5 years. Been in hospital 11 times, the longest 6 months. They filled me with all sorts of medicines at some points. I was so out of it but then a new doctor I met gave me Xanax along with some other antidepressants and I am doing fine and living a normal life. I think these are great.

April 27, 2012 1:27 PM

Review by anon1234:

For Anxiety: I have had tremendous benefits from just 0.25mg taken as needed. I previously had lived with anxiety and panic (from social situations, particularly work meetings, eating out at restaurants, etc) for about 9 months before working up the courage to see my doctor. I started developing avoidance tendencies, and decided that I was tired of letting anxiety run my life. I am careful to take it only as needed, and would highly recommend for those with occasional severe anxiety or panic. I've been exercising more and focusing hard on positive thinking, and that combination with the occasional Xanax has been tremendous. Remember, you have an awesome life to live!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2012 11:06 PM

Review by NervousWreck!:

For Anxiety: I used to work for a bank and I was being helped by one of my colleagues on opening an account for a customer. I was making many mistakes, I began to panic and I was sweating profusely. The customers wouldn't make much conversation with me because they felt they we're making me nervous. I had to excuse myself to take a breather in the break room! Xanax has helped me become more relaxed and socially open with strangers. I feel like my job interviews are going to be pleasant now! The only side effect I experience is tiredness after the medicine wears out, but that only lasted for about 1 hour for me.

April 10, 2012 3:51 AM

For Anxiety: When the world is closing in on me I take a Xanax and suddenly I'm able to function again. I can learn and adapt and I feel like I can capture and retain information better. Without it any new information is lost on me and my learning process is inhibited. The little stuff is not a problem anymore and I can focus on accomplishing anything I need to. I didn't start having anxiety attacks until after college. I did really well and all of a sudden I felt like in the real world I could not meet the expectations because of how well I did in school. Everything became too much. Debt, learning a new job, reading (which is my favorite thing to do), being with family and friends. I hit a wall. Even with anti-depressants I could not function.

March 27, 2012 11:47 PM

Review by mitch49:

For Panic Disorder: I've been on 1mg of Xanax-1 tablet 4 times a day along with 20mg of Prozac. I have severe panic disorder. I've been on this dose for many years and have not experienced any "tolerance" issues. Xanax get's a bad rap because many people abuse it or go above the Dr's prescribed dose. See your Dr. if this isn't working for you. Don't take more than what you're prescribed. Everybody breaks down medications differently.

March 26, 2012 8:49 PM

For Anxiety: Xanax is great. It gets rid of anxiety but makes me drowsy.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2012 3:55 PM

For Anxiety: It helps me from having severe anxiety attacks, I do go through normal emotions, so I only take them when I get too overwhelmed and I am going to have an anxiety attack. They are very helpful.

March 21, 2012 5:57 PM

For Anxiety: Very good. A little drowsiness after panic subsides, though I'm not sure if this is due to a physiological response to subsiding high levels of hormones associated with fight/flight response (e.g., cortisol and adrenaline) involved in panic attacks.

March 20, 2012 12:57 AM

Review by lizzzz:

For Anxiety: Helps me a lot.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2012 10:27 PM

Review by sleepysleep:

Xanax is the perfect solution for those of us who have trouble sleeping, Off to sleep you go !!! no strange thoughts buzzing around your head, just quality restfull sleep with no groggy after affects, but i do wonder if it so astute at switching my brain off from random thoughts is it affecting my ability at work and such, (ie) to just cruise and be content instead of getting on the front foot and nutting things out, being a go getter?? i only use as required and cant praise this substance enough.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2012 5:57 AM

Review by Lgit:

For Anxiety: I've taken Xanax for years for occassional insomia. For the past year, I've been battling with high blood pressure along with some new health issues that popped up. For the last two weeks, my heart has been racing and my stomach has had butterflies. I really felt like hiding under the covers and didn't know why. I kept wondering why am I SO afraid lying in bed watching TV? I felt as though my heart was about to just rip itself out of my chest. So I decided to take a Xanax during the day and it was like a miracle cure. Hopefully, the panic attacks wont last forever, but thank God, I had something to help.

February 27, 2012 8:28 PM

Review by abp6sr:

For Anxiety: Just great. I do not use the prescribed amount (0.5mg every 8 hours or every 4 hours as needed). I have not used for a week now but just took 1/2 pill and 25 minutes later I feel good.

February 19, 2012 8:00 PM