User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 49 reviews 76 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 434 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Best medicine I ever been put on. Started off with two 0.05mg a day then to five 0.5 a day, and I'm Down to Three 1.0 MG a day and it's starting to not work as good. So I need to talk to my doctor and up the dose to at least 4 or 5 MG for my really bad anxiety and depression!"

Tommy1226 September 12, 2013

For Panic Disorder "No side effects besides drowsiness. It puts me at a calm to help me think clearer."

Di V September 8, 2013

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "If taken as directed, this though short lasting medication, is a very effective treatment for the prevention and release from panic and anxiety attacks."

dirtmagnethobbit September 7, 2013

For Anxiety "I have a very stressful life. After my mother passing in 2005, I started having major anxiety. It truly was debilitating my entire life. My Dr put me on 0.05 mg twice a day to help. It was the BEST thing I ever did. I have been on them for 8 yrs now's. I'm 32 and a mother of 4. There are days when I really feel the anxiety peek and I take one. Its the only thing that will work within 15-20 mins. It really has helped me tremendously. I can take my meds as prescribed and still am able to take care of home, kids and work feeling normal. I would suggest this for anyone how has anxiety or panic attacks or tons of stress."

mbellew September 4, 2013

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I'VE taken Xanax prescribed by my Dr for almost 2 yrs and I think its great for nerves, anxiety and good sleep. I take it at night and sleep sound all night and in the morning get up refreshed. I'm an insomniac so the help sleeping is amazing. I give it a 10, just stick with the dose the Dr. prescribes."

sisjo August 27, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Not only does a 0.5mg shut down racing thoughts and anxiety it reduces depression. Been on every other antidepressants out there with awful side effects. Don't need to take it every day. "

Loving Panama August 24, 2013

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "If I don't take it my skin feels like something is biting me and I itch all over I get very agitated and I can't sleep or sit still or focus my attention for a normal amount of time"

low low August 20, 2013

For Anxiety "I've been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for quite some time now and in the past year it's been happening more. Xanax helps, I've been prescribed this because it does help when the anxiety levels get very high and panic attacks and it also helps me to get some sleep at night as it helps reduce the level of anxiety. Every person is different."

47Mikey August 14, 2013

For Depression "Super good for depression."

Ekstorn (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Very good."

Eken (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I have panic disorder when I'm under stress and it has been very helpful. I take 1.0 mg per day. It changes my negative thought process and allows me to focus on positive aspects of my life. I have been conservative in the dosage. I have taken as little as 0.25mg per day when I'm feeling well and as much as 1.25 mg per day if I'm under stressful conditions. I would follow your physicians instructions but this pattern of dosage seems to work for me."

Sporto August 9, 2013

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have found that Xanax does indeed work. It's quick and relieving. Take it about 20-30 before an anxious event and it will help you. The downside is the tolerance that generally develops very quickly, in my case already after one week."

Ben H. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2013

For Anxiety "Saved my Job..I'm a truck driver so I spend a lot of time in a truck and it gets really depressing being away from the family for weeks at a time but Xanax helps me cope with the situation and this is the only medicine I've found that wont make me tired and drowsy, unlike Zoloft that made me so tired I had to take two days off work. Xanax helps me relax and gives me focus so I can deal with my work situation."

TrkR104 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have always suffered from anxiety attacks, but at the age of 22, I seem to have them more severely. I have had a rough past, that I try and keep to myself. This last month my panic attacks were so severe that I thought I was going crazy or dying. I lost all sleep, and I felt so ashamed in front of my kids. My mind was racing and all I could think was these terrible thoughts. I was prescribed 0.5 mg of Xanax and I cut the pills in half throughout the day. I have never had such a quick relief from panic attacks. I almost instantly feel normal when I take them. And it lasts for quite a while until I take the other half of the medication. No side effects I have had with these, which is great because I have a fear of taking medications."

Divin3Disast3r (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I feel like I'm not a mean and hated person wile being on Xanax. I have been suffering really bad lately with panic attacks and I can't breath and my cheat falls like to explode. My doc put me on 0.5mg to take 1 a day but sometimes I have to take more than 1 a day but it works wonders. I can be a better mom and wife with it."

normal now (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2013

For Anxiety "I'm prescribed 1mg of Xanax as needed. If I ever feel very anxious and take Xanax, my anxiety level tunes down to a 1. I'm almost too relaxed. However, Xanax can be very habit forming, so only take your dose."

lola! (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2013

For Panic Disorder "This medicine (Xanax) works effectively and quickly to resolve anxiety and panic attacks. However, I found that after I went on the antidepressant Pristiq, the Xanax made me fall asleep. I had to switch off of the Xanax as it was too sedating. At this point, I have another benzodiazepine that I can use if I have to but Pristiq has been keeping most of my panic attacks away. "

AbbeyL (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2013

For Depression "I have had severe panic attacks for years. Finally got a doc that prescribed this and wow, it is an amazing medicine. My doctor retired and it seems every doctor now is afraid to prescribe it due to the ones who abuse it. I don't take it daily but my mind stops racing and I can sleep when I use it. I gave it a 9 because of slight drowsiness some mornings."

lil one (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2013

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was 16 when I had my first panic attack! It was so scary I didn't know what was happening to me. It got to the point that I had anxiety every single minute of my day I became house bound for the next 2 yrs I would not step foot outside my house I felt like the world around me was a dream I now know this is called de-realization something that happens when anxiety is at it's worst, at its peek! My mother took me to her psychiatrist, that was the best day of my life I was prescribed 1 mg Xanax 3 x per day. I started to flourish, I starting living again and slowly getting back out into society. I am now 44 I have a loving husband, 2 kids and am still on Xanax but my dosage is much lower 0.5 micrograms in the morning or when necessary."

Lisetta July 4, 2013

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax is amazing! In 2010 I was overwhelmed with emotions. My mother had a stroke in March of that year and at the same time me and my wife were expecting our 1st child. All these emotions led to me having depression and anxiety I was finally diagnosed in 2012 with anxiety disorder/panic attacks. They prescribed me Xanax 0.5mg one a day and it works miracles in my daily life."

MannyN (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Xanax has been a lifesaver for me. I was getting it prescribed at 1mg 3x daily and my life was as close to perfect as I can ask for. I made it to work every day and was able to concentrate at school. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have made it through college without it. The problem now is that not 1 psychiatrist is willing to prescribe it to me. They keep giving me Abilify, Prozac, Vistaril, and trazodone. I guess they figure if I am like a ZOMBIE ALL DAY I won't complain. "

alpraz9494 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been on Xanax for 20 years for anxiety. I have tried just about everything they have come out with and this is all that works."

rooterbear (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2013

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I take it as needed."

coliwoli (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I have found that Xanax works for me, in such a way that I can go outside, to the shopping mall, and to other events with my family, that I would otherwise avoid at all costs. I have been on Xanax since 1987, and aside from a couple of small self medicating, and using with alcohol when I was younger (I no longer do these things, which are quite dangerous), and my life has been almost normal."

EmotionalEraser (taken for 10 years or more) June 8, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This is an absolutely wonderful medication. Xanax, along with 40mg of Prozac, has given me my life back. No more insane panic attacks and no more not being able to sleep. Take no more than what the doctor says to take in one day."

Steve R May 26, 2013