User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 47 reviews 75 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 428 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "If I don't take it my skin feels like something is biting me and I itch all over I get very agitated and I can't sleep or sit still or focus my attention for a normal amount of time"

low low August 20, 2013

For Anxiety "I've been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for quite some time now and in the past year it's been happening more. Xanax helps, I've been prescribed this because it does help when the anxiety levels get very high and panic attacks and it also helps me to get some sleep at night as it helps reduce the level of anxiety. Every person is different."

47Mikey August 14, 2013

For Depression "Super good for depression."

Ekstorn (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Very good."

Eken (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I have panic disorder when I'm under stress and it has been very helpful. I take 1.0 mg per day. It changes my negative thought process and allows me to focus on positive aspects of my life. I have been conservative in the dosage. I have taken as little as 0.25mg per day when I'm feeling well and as much as 1.25 mg per day if I'm under stressful conditions. I would follow your physicians instructions but this pattern of dosage seems to work for me."

Sporto August 9, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have found that Xanax does indeed work. It's quick and relieving. Take it about 20-30 before an anxious event and it will help you. The downside is the tolerance that generally develops very quickly, in my case already after one week."

Ben H. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2013

For Anxiety "Saved my Job..I'm a truck driver so I spend a lot of time in a truck and it gets really depressing being away from the family for weeks at a time but Xanax helps me cope with the situation and this is the only medicine I've found that wont make me tired and drowsy, unlike Zoloft that made me so tired I had to take two days off work. Xanax helps me relax and gives me focus so I can deal with my work situation."

TrkR104 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have always suffered from anxiety attacks, but at the age of 22, I seem to have them more severely. I have had a rough past, that I try and keep to myself. This last month my panic attacks were so severe that I thought I was going crazy or dying. I lost all sleep, and I felt so ashamed in front of my kids. My mind was racing and all I could think was these terrible thoughts. I was prescribed 0.5 mg of Xanax and I cut the pills in half throughout the day. I have never had such a quick relief from panic attacks. I almost instantly feel normal when I take them. And it lasts for quite a while until I take the other half of the medication. No side effects I have had with these, which is great because I have a fear of taking medications."

Divin3Disast3r (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I feel like I'm not a mean and hated person wile being on Xanax. I have been suffering really bad lately with panic attacks and I can't breath and my cheat falls like to explode. My doc put me on 0.5mg to take 1 a day but sometimes I have to take more than 1 a day but it works wonders. I can be a better mom and wife with it."

normal now (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2013

For Anxiety "I'm prescribed 1mg of Xanax as needed. If I ever feel very anxious and take Xanax, my anxiety level tunes down to a 1. I'm almost too relaxed. However, Xanax can be very habit forming, so only take your dose."

lola! (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2013

For Panic Disorder "This medicine (Xanax) works effectively and quickly to resolve anxiety and panic attacks. However, I found that after I went on the antidepressant Pristiq, the Xanax made me fall asleep. I had to switch off of the Xanax as it was too sedating. At this point, I have another benzodiazepine that I can use if I have to but Pristiq has been keeping most of my panic attacks away. "

AbbeyL (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2013

For Depression "I have had severe panic attacks for years. Finally got a doc that prescribed this and wow, it is an amazing medicine. My doctor retired and it seems every doctor now is afraid to prescribe it due to the ones who abuse it. I don't take it daily but my mind stops racing and I can sleep when I use it. I gave it a 9 because of slight drowsiness some mornings."

lil one (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2013

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was 16 when I had my first panic attack! It was so scary I didn't know what was happening to me. It got to the point that I had anxiety every single minute of my day I became house bound for the next 2 yrs I would not step foot outside my house I felt like the world around me was a dream I now know this is called de-realization something that happens when anxiety is at it's worst, at its peek! My mother took me to her psychiatrist, that was the best day of my life I was prescribed 1 mg Xanax 3 x per day. I started to flourish, I starting living again and slowly getting back out into society. I am now 44 I have a loving husband, 2 kids and am still on Xanax but my dosage is much lower 0.5 micrograms in the morning or when necessary."

Lisetta July 4, 2013

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax is amazing! In 2010 I was overwhelmed with emotions. My mother had a stroke in March of that year and at the same time me and my wife were expecting our 1st child. All these emotions led to me having depression and anxiety I was finally diagnosed in 2012 with anxiety disorder/panic attacks. They prescribed me Xanax 0.5mg one a day and it works miracles in my daily life."

MannyN (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Xanax has been a lifesaver for me. I was getting it prescribed at 1mg 3x daily and my life was as close to perfect as I can ask for. I made it to work every day and was able to concentrate at school. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have made it through college without it. The problem now is that not 1 psychiatrist is willing to prescribe it to me. They keep giving me Abilify, Prozac, Vistaril, and trazodone. I guess they figure if I am like a ZOMBIE ALL DAY I won't complain. "

alpraz9494 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2013

For Anxiety "I've been on Xanax for 20 years for anxiety. I have tried just about everything they have come out with and this is all that works."

rooterbear (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2013

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I take it as needed."

coliwoli (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I have found that Xanax works for me, in such a way that I can go outside, to the shopping mall, and to other events with my family, that I would otherwise avoid at all costs. I have been on Xanax since 1987, and aside from a couple of small self medicating, and using with alcohol when I was younger (I no longer do these things, which are quite dangerous), and my life has been almost normal."

EmotionalEraser (taken for 10 years or more) June 8, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This is an absolutely wonderful medication. Xanax, along with 40mg of Prozac, has given me my life back. No more insane panic attacks and no more not being able to sleep. Take no more than what the doctor says to take in one day."

Steve R May 26, 2013

For Anxiety "I had severe anxiety, agoraphobia. I am on Xanax for about 3-4 month started with 0.25mg morning and 0.25mg at night and now on 0.50mg two times a day and feel great. No panic and my life is much easy. The world is more familiar and I can go anywhere. It's like I have wings now. I will try to leave the medication in future but for now I accept my situation because I like the feeling of living. As an anxious I was afraid of death same as I was afraid of life. Now, I LIVE."

B0gdan May 25, 2013

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "God send!"

Misha341 May 14, 2013

For Anxiety "I am a teenager who has anxiety/panic attacks occasionally, and my physcisian has been giving me 0.5mg of Xanax for the past couple months to take as needed for anxiety. I can't tell you how wonderful this medication has been. After 15-20 min of taking it my anxiety/panic feelings diminish completely, and I have no need to feel anxious about anything after that. "

J.N. Dubois (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax has saved my life. I've been on them for almost four years. I am depressed, have panic attacks, and severe anxiety. Xanax has made me feel normal. I can now be in public unlike before it would make me nervous. I can deal with working and school without having severe anxiety. Racing thoughts and worrying constantly are no more, Xanax rakes that away. I'm not as panicky, just relaxed and can handle issues, stress, everyday life better. I highly recommended Xanax if you have anxiety or panic attacks. I'm on 2mg twice a day. I take one as soon as I wake up, one in the evening, then my sleeping medication are night. I love Xanax for helping me. "

greatgoodgreat April 28, 2013

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "After my divorce I was depressed and having anxiety attacks, I went to a respectable Doctor but she prescribed me Wellbutrin, after taking it for awhile I felt numb (mentally). I tried a 1mg Xanax and it was perfect! I slept great, but when I first started taking them I would wake up groggy. I would get a shower and that would wake me up. I've been taking them for about 7 years. I am currently cutting my doses down to try to ween off them! I do not have an addictive personality but after a job loss of 10 yrs I tried to quit cold turkey! Not a good idea at all! I can only say use as prescribed and less if possible! Don't just pop one because you are stressed out! Take a walk, talk to a friend, please use with caution."

deli queen April 19, 2013

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've been on alprazolam for a couple years now! I'm now on 1mg 3 times a day but only take as needed! It has been a life saver for me! But now my doctor has prescribed me Viibryd 10 mg and I have been on every antidepressant you can think of and has not been a good experience."

gigiblue (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2013