User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 388 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Xanax helps me cope with life. I live a pore life it gives me the nerve to do things I wouldn't do.

December 8, 2012 6:33 PM

Review by charlennea (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I thank Xanax for making me a better mom. I was mean to everyone around me and I took the motto "this is who I am" to heart. It was not until my mother died after having my third child that I actually realized my angry childhood and anger in this world was not to blame on any one but my own feelings. After taking Xanax and some therapy, I am a new person. I would not be able to live without it. I do not abuse it. I only take the amount prescribed by my doctor and no more. I also take Paxil which helped me a lot as well, but without the Xanax, I would not be living. Participating with my life and most of all my children. I read to them now we go on picnics and wilderness hikes. I love my life, now!

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2012 11:28 AM

Review by mike1234ab12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Good.

December 6, 2012 7:00 PM

Review by PurpleBondGirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Works good for some anxiety but it caused me to be tired and sleepy. I slept a lot while on this and was still depressed.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2012 12:47 PM

Review by AlprazolamWizard:

For Depression: I am prescribed 45 2MG Tablets a month (brand name) I take a half 3 times a day, and am also prescribed 90 1mg Klonopin a month - morning, afternoon and night. While the Klonopin seems to aid in keeping the panic/anxiety at bay and keeping me calm and relaxed, the Xanax is the real 1-2 punch to panic attacks and anxiety; it takes all my sadness and depression away and allows me to think about all the amazing things I am working on NOT as a chore or as work, but as creative idea. Being prescribed 2 Benzo's is 'odd' practice like Klonopin 3 times a day with a fast acting Xanax.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2012 5:17 AM

Review by Just an average dude (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: A God send for my untreatable insomnia. Only side effect that prevents me from taking it more often is the testosterone suppressing effect. I spend a lot of time working out and eating right and noticed my strength and body composition, took a very noticeable nose dive a few months after starting on it. I have used 1-2 mg nightly for almost a year. On the plus side, it has helped me get the deep restorative sleep I struggle to get.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2012 3:57 PM

Review by nanny1950 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I fill better, I can go on with my life.

November 15, 2012 1:59 PM

Review by Stacey M&M:

For Depression: This is the only one I feel safe taking. I'm prescribed 0.25mg 2x a day or as needed. I took Zoloft, Wellbutrin,Seroquel, etc. Felt horrible coming off all of these. With Xanax I feel like I can take it when I need it and put it down the next day if I don't. Unlike the other antidepressants that cause brain zaps or worse side effects, feelings of a rollercoaster coming down.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2012 5:42 PM

Review by Pkilian:

For Panic Disorder: My panic lasted all day, it came on after 2 months of being unemployed for the 1st time in my life. I could not function, I was always thinking negative, scared, hot and cold flashes and could eat. Just over 2 years ago I went through bankruptcy and lost just about everything my wife and I worked for all are life including our home. I was put in the hospitals mental ward for 17 days, no medicines worked. As a last resort I under went electroconvulsive therapy and it worked. This time as mentioned I was given Xanax and within 20 minutes I was back to normal after almost a month of feeling worthless. This medicine has saved my life and now I can function again. I take a half mg in the morning and another half mg around evening.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2012 8:57 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: This medicine has saved my life in my own opinion. I suffered from severe panic attacks and thought that I was going crazy prior to being diagnosed with my conditions. Now I feel like I can lead a normal life. I am able to work a full time job that is extremely stressful at times and not worry about going into a panic attack. I no longer have trouble losing my breath when I do get upset and this medicine has made a tremedious difference in my every day life.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2012 3:35 PM

Review by fiasco:

For Anxiety: Unbelieveable. I thought I was living a normal life, until my doctor prescribed it for me the first time. It has been a miracle for me.

September 29, 2012 1:47 PM

Review by SaraxoJDqt (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I am prescribed to take two 0.5 Xanax a day but in reality I only take it when I am having a panic attack or feeling very tense or unhappy. It works better for anxiety and tension then it does depression as far as I can tell, but then again I don't take it consistently.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2012 8:22 PM

Review by jenngup (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: I have gone up and down on my dosage with my Xanax. When it's just my anxiety I do well on 3.5 mg a day. When I have my panic attacks with agoraphobia I would love to go higher but my psychiatrist will only let me go as high as 4 mg. It really does help. I have gone down to 2 mg when I am doing better. I have Bipolar 1 disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Social anxiety, general anxiety, panic attacks with agoraphobia, Obsessive Complusive Disorder, anorexia, binge eating, depression. SO I am on several medications. Xanax has been a huge help in my disorders. It has helped several of them.

September 26, 2012 11:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Wonderful to control anxiety, as well as panic disorder.

August 21, 2012 7:12 PM

Review by tjsnowymanbird (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Tinnitus: I was taking 3mg per day at equal intervals. I tried to stop completely, and the noise came roaring back. So, I went back on 3mg per day, and the noise is reduced by 50% or more, with minimal side effects so far.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2012 6:07 PM

Review by tort (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Happy and free of anxiety.

August 16, 2012 6:17 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: As many people stated, Xanax has given me my life back, (Along side Paxil). When I had severe, severe anxiety, I took half a Xanax daily, but now that I'm thankfully a million times better. I only take it once in a blue moon when I feel like I need it, and take a quarter of a pill. This is amazing.

August 13, 2012 3:10 AM

Review by I'm not crazy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I've been tormented by anxiety since childhood. I am 24 years old and have been through a lot in my life. I've been diagnosed with depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety, panic attacks, ADD. I've been medicated most my life as well. My anxiety got so bad in high school that I had to be home schooled. I wake up in the morning feeling like my heart will explode for no apparent reason. I get intense irrational fear and intense impulses to harm myself because I just can't take it and get frustrated I start throwing and breaking things I can't stand to be alone a lot of the time. Xanax works fast and calms me down without knocking me out. Depending on the severity of my attacks I take up to 2 mg. No less than 0.5-1mg.

August 12, 2012 8:43 PM

Review by Misskenya511:

For Anxiety: Xanax has been a great thing for me. I was very scared to take it in the beginning because I had no idea how I was going to feel but it really calmed me down after two weeks of thinking I was going crazy or dying. I had never experienced anything like this before but I had to get a blood transfusion for my anemia and all hell broke through. My doctor gave me 0.025 and I only take 1/4 of that I Break it in 4's I don't want to go to sleep just take the edge off so my advice to anyone that has to take this even if you have a higher dose just take 1/4 of it until you see how it will respond to your body I hope I could be a help to someone.

August 5, 2012 2:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I was suffering from nocturnal anxiety attacks for several months, but Xanax helps me get a good night's rest most of the time. 0.5 mg gets me to sleep, but 1 mg knocks me out for the whole night. I do not find that I wake up groggy or experience any other side effects, although I am wary about withdrawal symptoms. It's a great medicine overall though!

July 31, 2012 3:48 PM

Review by ellebi (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: This is an ABSOULUTE LIFE SAVER if you have bad anxiety or having a panic attack. Would be lost without it

July 26, 2012 9:50 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Very effective medication, not quite as long lasting as similar ones, but very effective.

July 21, 2012 10:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Dysautonomia: Only thing that keeps me sane and under my own control

July 17, 2012 5:22 PM

Review by punk_goddess (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: This medicine has helped me so much. I suffer from severe panic attacks 3-4 times a day. I think I am dying all the time. Without this medicine I don't know what or where I would be.

July 17, 2012 1:02 AM

Review by ellebi (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Brilliant, the only thing that helps my anxiety and panic attacks.

June 26, 2012 6:27 PM