User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 13 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 204 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

Review by Chaiya (taken for less than 1 month):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I reacted harshly to this medicine. It turns out that I am someone who is sensitive to this medicine and was best prescribed it at the pediatric level of 1mg. Now that we have found the correct dose, it does wonders for large overwhelming panic attacks.

November 19, 2014 9:15 AM

Review by Overly-anxious (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I wish I knew the panic I felt was something that I could calm with a single pill. Diazepam works great by just making you feel mellow and relaxed. I take 2mg here and there. My doctor prescribes it when I go through these severe panic episodes where I can't sleep and I become consumed with doom. Diazepam helps to rationalise things and makes me feel like its not the end of the world. I wish one day I wont have to take it but for now I am grateful for it.

October 30, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by Fallon418:

For Anxiety: I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for almost 6 years now. I'm a 29 yr old female and I have tried it all. Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Buspar, Vistril and lots more!!! Valium was the only thing that worked wonders for me, an absolute life saver. My Dr started me off on 2mgs every 8 hrs. But that wasn't strong enough as my anxiety attacks are debilitating!! Now she has me on 5mg 3x a day, and I also take Abilify and an antidepressant. This has saved me. I can drive and go out without feeling like I'm gonna die.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 10:43 AM

Review by xjunkie4jesus (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: This is the ONLY medicine in the benzodiazepine family that is useful to me for BOTH panic attacks AND sleep! Great results.

October 15, 2014 11:58 AM

Review by Miss Trina (taken for less than 1 month):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I was given a sample pack, but it has the opposite effects for me, as I had an increase in fear of danger, and worrying, I was extremely focused, and unable to sleep. My doctor has had me test a few anti anxiety meds Ativan, antidepressants, and the only one that works for me is Xanax at a low dose. I would make sure you consult your doctor first on this one.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2014 11:51 PM

Review by Pez89:

For Anxiety: I have self managed my anxiety and depression for years. Depression has been the worst factor. My most recent episode came out of the blue and was harder for me to manage as I wasn't depressed. I was hyperventilating, worrying about stuff that wasn't going to happen and was climbing the walls at my partner. The doctor gave me diazepam 2mg after my blood pressure was too low for beta blockers. I've taken my first tablet and I feel more relaxed and able to process my thoughts and breath than I have done for days. I understand that they're addictive but to sort your head and get you on the starting blocks these have been life savers. I can go to work and cope with my mental health problems.

September 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by Lisa98:

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: My orthodontist prescribed this and it works wonders, I also have Botox injected into my jaw, both work like magic. Insurance covers the Valium but not the Botox.

September 24, 2014 9:36 PM

Review by mksm1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Suffered a major panic attack whilst driving 6 months ago, which left me with constant severe anxiety. My doctor put me on citalopram and beta blockers which made things much worse. I was now having panic attacks, night terrors, feeling very suicidal. I was eventually put on 2mg Diazepam tablets. This helped within 20 minutes of my first tablet. I felt slightly less anxious and a bit medicated. Continued taking 2/3 tabs a day for the next few weeks. Dramatic improvement. When I'm feeling a bit dodgy I will still use as and when needed.

September 5, 2014 2:17 PM

Review by Big e:

For Meniere's Disease: I have vertigo, Meniere's Disease. When I have an attack it gets me out quick, it settles my daily symptoms I bite the pill in halve, just one mg once or twice a day takes symptoms away I would be disabled or dead without this medicine. I take lorazepam. If I go on caveman diet with no dairy, wheat, MSG high fructose corn syrup aspirin alcohol etc etc symptoms disappear after about six weeks but never completely and I carry the medicinr wherever I go.

September 1, 2014 5:47 AM

Review by Lana050513 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I have fibromyalgia and a undiagnosed connective tissue disorder and this medicine has helped me with spasms and pain as well as trigger points reduction. Currently using it for a anxiety med as well this medicine has helped with All of the above at the same time taking the place of numerous medications. I feel this should be used as substitute for multiple meds to reduce the amount of potential interactions and unnecessary additional medications.

August 14, 2014 1:34 PM

Review by Batman2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Recently began suffering generalized anxiety disorder, took me to the point of suicide, prescribed diazepam. The 1st time I took it I felt aggressive and annoyed easily however after a few days I can safely say it has greatly reduced my anxiety for now however my doctor has said he will not let me stay on it due to the bodies ability to easily resist the medicine over time requiring greater doses etc. Desperately do not want to try antidepressants again (due to a previous severe reaction). We shall see.

July 19, 2014 3:42 PM

Review by denver4b (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anxiety. I take two antidepressants and Buspar and Valium for anxiety. I have begun taking 10 mg of Valium several times a day and it helps calm my million mile an hour brain. I wish I didn't have to take so much medication but to live a normal daily life, they are necessary.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2014 8:42 PM

Review by viana555:

For Anxiety: I started having panic attack, anxiety, which they all led me to insomnia for 4 days I was not able to sleep for more than 1.5hrs. I went to my GP and he prescribed me a dose of 7.5 mg of zopiclone and this tablet acted very fast but only kept me a sleep for 3 hrs . My GP prescribed me 5 mg of diazepam for three days and when I took the first dose of 5 mg I waited and waited it just didn't do nothing and I had even more panic attacks and anxiety. So I decided to take all of them which makes 15mg of diazepam and nothing happens just I felt like really confused and heavy headed after 6 hrs I managed to have some sleep for 8 hrs . I don't think this is the right medicine for me but next day it did make me feel calm and kind of relaxed.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2014 9:31 AM

Review by sinclairville:

For Muscle Spasm: I tried all the muscle relaxant medicines, then my pain management doctor introduced me to diazepam, the spasms in my legs and fusioned area of my back disappeared overnight. The way I know it works is because if I don't take it the symptoms reappear.

June 10, 2014 2:37 PM

Review by janee04 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I had ended up in the ER a few times with weird problems like not being able to catch my breath and hyperventilating before I even new they were panic attacks. They started me on Ativan but it made me so hyper and loopy I literately forgot a few days so when I was put on Valium it was a God send. It prevents and treats panic attacks without the loopy feeling and It doesn't affect my ability to perform daily activities so I'd recommend it to anyone seeking this type of help.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 12:36 AM

Review by your boy on the street (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Valrelease (diazepam) for ICU Agitation: works very well

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 1:56 PM

Review by nocentsonthedollar:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: This is a wonderful medicine for anxiety it works within 20 mins and lasts for a long time because of its long half life. However if you are suffering from depression, especially clinical depression I would not recommend taking this. It will worsen your depression symptoms if taken too often. If you started an SSRI antidepressant it can be used early on to help with some side effects like increased anxiety in the first few weeks on the medication.

May 21, 2014 11:09 AM

Review by Nikkinicole11234 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Night Terrors: I was having night terrors several times a night at the end of my pregnancy. I would awake several times a night believing that the terrible nightmare I had was real, I would be terrified, one night I even woke up believing that I was just touched on my arm and woken up. These are worse than nightmares, they are extremely lucid horrific dreams, your lucky when you actually wake up. Being 9 months pregnant I was very hesitant about taking Valium but there came a point when I had to. The first night I got relief from the night terrors and every night after. It's a great medication for this problem but I would make sure that the benefits always outweighed the risks.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 10:27 PM

Review by AnxietyMike (taken for 10 years or more):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I've been on just about every benzodiazapine there is and Valium (diazepam) is all around the best for combating debilitating anxiety symptoms. It may not be the most potent benzo, but it has wide and equal benzo effects including sedation, muscle relaxation, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant and can be used for insomnia. Now the main reason why Valium is the best is its extra long half life. It's effects can linger for days which is helpful if you have chronic anxiety. It also prevents those ups and downs short acting benzos cause like Xanax and Ativan. Another thing to note is withdrawal from Valium is by far the most mild out of ALL the benzos. This wonderful medication is an oldie but goodie.

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by Jetted Out (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Been taking diazepam for a while now, its been helping my everyday life. Since Valium, I've been more upbeat with reality. Only side effect I have is drowsiness.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2014 10:35 PM

Review by mama shelli:

For Anxiety: Diazepam has helped me with my panic attack and anxiety. I couldn't imagine going back to the old me without it.

April 2, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by RebelRoy:

For Anxiety: I've been on this medicine for over 3 months now and it has been a lifesaver for me, I take three 5mg diazepam a day about every 6 hours and I no longer have the panic attacks, depression has decreased 90%, I sleep at night since my brain can finally shut down, I have hardly any horrible thoughts anymore which plagued me before always worrying that something bad would happen to my kids or family members, I also don't have to get up to go to the bathroom 4-5 times a night anymore. My Dr also started me on Lexapro 3 months ago but I haven't noticed any effects from taking it since the diazepam is so helpful.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 10:42 AM

Review by Muffin10a (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I am taking 2mg three times a day for anxiety. The anxiety is much better now and I can go places without having panic attacks. I feel the best I have felt in a long time.

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2014 9:58 PM

Review by Suze_b18 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: My GP put me on this to help with back spasms and to try and provide some relief from complex regional pain syndrome but I have no relief at all and my pain continues to worsen.

February 11, 2014 5:02 PM