User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 11 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 80 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 20 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 243 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

For Anxiety: "I have had anxiety all of my adult life, and at times I have been almost crippled through panic attacks and nervous tension. I have tried nearly every benzodiazepine available, and for myself diazepam is by far the most effective, safe and trusted. It is also a very good 'all-rounder' tranquillizer, useful for anxiety, panic, insomnia, muscle tension through worry, tension headaches and irritable bowel syndrome induced through anxiety. I have never become addicted despite years of use, I mostly take diazepam only when required, but several times when going through a particularly bad period of anxiety and depression I have taken it regularly for several weeks and I didn't experience withdrawal upon discontinuation."

patient 16 (taken for 10 years or more) June 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "Diazepam helps me through the days of anxiety. Helps me cope with going to crowded places. Sadly my doctor only will give me only 14 per one month prescription. So I have to carefully schedule, when I can go shopping, or attend a movie, or other activity. I've been on this medication for 12 years. It has changed how I react in crowded elevators, ( I also have claustrophobia ) and how I deal with anxieties. Doctor prescribed several other drugs for depression, no matter how often I tell him , I am not depressed and those meds make me feel bad. I sometimes wonder if my doctor knows the difference between depression and anxiety"

ariagal (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2015

For Anxiety: "I think this experience would come under "Anxiety" but it may not. My wife of 55 years died 3 months ago and to help with the grief the Dr. gave me Diazapam (Vallium) 5mgs to be taken 3 time a day for 28 days. This did seem to help calm me down but it didn't help to control the weeping not the deep seated feeling of lonliness. Now I don't take it regularly but when I start feeling really depressed about my situation and loss, I can take a 10mgs pill which appears to soothe the bad memories away to some extent. Regrettably it hasn't helped with my sleep problem yet. Prior to my wife passing away to a better place, I was able to drop off to sleep almost immediately when I climbed into bed, no it takes 3 hours before sleep eventually comes."

John_Doc June 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "I suffer from PTSD, Ive tried nearly everything legal on the market, I don't suffer from depression, when I was on anti depressants It was like my brain, personality and soul was gone, I became a living zombie. Diazepam was the first thing my Doctor prescribed for "short relief". I find it to be one of the best things for dealing with PTSD, Anxiety and night terrors! it calms you down but you can still think and continue with day to day life"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2015

For Anxiety: "Had social anxiety and depression since was a child. Tried prozac and all.other drugs. Valium as give me.my life back which I never thought possible. One 10mg in morning and one.before bed. Combatted my depression. And anxiety in one. So happy now"

Steve1981 May 25, 2015

For Meniere's Disease: "I've been dealing with vertigo for 8 years. It got to the point that I literally thought I may die one day, since the spinning would (rarely) get so fast that I couldn't see. It was making my life more of a hell than an actual life, as I was scared to leave my house. 6 months ago I was diagnosed with meniere's and put on a water pill 1x per day and valium to use only as needed. I just can't explain to you how much it has helped me!! I have my life back! But, I never leave a room without carrying the bottle of valium with me, just in case."

Yvonne Matson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I started having major panic attacks and general anxiety cuased by the bereavement of my daughter who dies unexpectedly a few months ago. I would wake up int he morning with butterflies in my stomach and feeling like a deer in the headlights. As the day progressed it only got worse. After weeks of this it was just unbearable. I went to see a psychiatrist who prescribed valium- the lowest dose. I take half a pill in the morning and evening and have been on this regimen for two weeks. I cannot begin to tell you what a tremendous relief this drug has provided. I am very sensitive to all kinds of meds and the strongest thing I ever take is Ibuprofen. I had no bad reactions nor any side effects. Awesome."

MissPK (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "Diazepam 5 mg is helping Relieve the muscle pain induced By chronic back pain. It stopped my unbearable sciatica pain in a day. After 6 Trips to ER. A DOCTOR prescribed it. It's a miracle. And I'm able to move more free. And able to complete daily tasks with a lot Less pain And having sciatic Attacks has been a thing of the past."

Mr sciatica April 24, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking valium for 15 years for sleep and anxiety 15-30mg. This drug has worked good through the years but I have begun to notice memory and balance issues so I decided to get off of it. The first time I quickly tapered and one night I awoke to a racing heart beat, tremors, & an intense feeling like my head, face, & back were on fire. I had to go back on because of this. Now I'm doing a slow taper so far have gone from 15mg to 7.5mg over 4 months. Going from 15-10mg was easy but going under 10mg has been very difficult at times. For years I was very much positive about this drug but I do not think you should take it for more than a month unless you just have to have it. Just be careful withdrawals can kill."

jhuckmg25 (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've got PTSD due to domestic violence 27 years ago which left me with chronic anxiety and panic attacks. I have too many side effects from anti-depressants so this is all I can take but they help through the worst times. My gp only gives me 28 5mg though every 5 weeks as not good and can increase your anxiety if you take regularly"

sarahsunflower April 23, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Take 7.5mg twice a day and it prevents my anxiety from getting out of control and stops my frequent panic attacks. The only medication that has worked for me so far. Hopefully my doctor will be ok with this medication long term and not going back to trying SSRI after SSRI."

TyHaDe (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "Works great .I was having panic attacks all the time. This medicine calm them down"

tootise (taken for 10 years or more) April 16, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Other than drowsiness for about 45 minutes after taking it, great medicine! Works in like 10 minutes, so if I feel a panic attack coming on I take my dosage and before I know it I'm calm. It enables me to go into mass public places and can go into crowded restaurants with my family. Valium has given me a huge part of my life back. I know most doctors are against it because dope heads have abused this type of drug. You can only get it from a psychiatrist now but it saved my social life so I see the shrink monthly! Thanks valium"

Brandon1981 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Valium is a great muscle relaxer, however long term use causes more pain in the long run. After I had been taking a low 5-10 therapeutic dose for neck pain. I became intolerant to that dose & ended up with an 18 year dependency. I reached a daily 40 mg dependency when severe back & leg pain began. 18 years later, I managed to reduce the dosage to 10mgs a day with little w/drawal symptoms. Then I came across an obscure research article on rats given Valium. They developed RA-like symptoms, which is what I have. It's a type of rebound muscle pain when your body's tolerance level reaches it's peak. It's similar to rebound headaches & the pain is severe. Please think carefully about staying on Valium long term. I'd say 2 months is safest."

Lexie247 April 8, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "It has really helped me right at the most important time to calm down and not bother with severe drinking."

kruuuisy March 30, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Valium every day for 5 years for anxiety and muscle spasms. Good to kill 2 birds with one stone. I take a relatively microscopic dose of 2.5mg/day, and after 5 years, I have probably built up a tolerance to it so that this tiny dose has no physiological effect any more. But even if I'm now getting the placebo effect from it, I don't care. I don't have panic attacks any more and that's all I really care about."

Mr. J (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2015

Valrelease (diazepam) for Light Anesthesia: "Wonderful pain management/ anesthesia medicine. Broke my ankle and combination of Diazepam and Advil. Take the big edge off the pain. No adverse side effects."

Jessiesteam (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Two years ago, I couldn't sleep, my doctor gave me all type of sleep meds, nothing worked. The only med works is this. I take 5mg every night on and off for 2 years. No side effect."

Emily lane 1980 March 20, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I was having severe leg cramp in my right leg due to pinched nerve. Whole leg would cramp when I got out of bed in the morning. Started taking a 5mg valium before bed. First time I took before bed no leg cramp in morning. I have reduced dose to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet (2 1/2 mg)and still no cramps. going to reduce to 1/4 tablet and try to in time to wean myself off. Several peoples comments on here have said can take as needed so that is what I hope I can eventually do."

Winter Run Farm March 18, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "mild-moderate anxiolytic effect but Long lasting. Definite calming effect and sense of tranquility. I weened off of 5mg of Xanax with this wonderful drug and had virtually no withdrawal. Makes me feel level headed and at peace when I start to stress"

Dandawolf (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have started getting severe anxiety and panic attacks since been pregnant. It was so severe I couldn't leave the house. I was prescribed Prozac but had a bad reaction wich put me of taking further medication. I started seeing a cognitive thereapist wich eased my anxiety a little but I would have good days and really bad days. On a bad anxiety episode at 25 weeks pregnant I went back to my G.P willing to try medication again she prescribed me diazepam 2mg dose used up to 3 times a day only for my bad days. It took me a week to combat my fear and take my first pill wich I did yesterday and what a difference for the first time in 6 months I felt calm and my anxiety was gone. I would highly recommend this medicine don't suffer x"

Gd27 February 25, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "It's the only thing that works for me without drowsiness or any side effects. Just hard to find a dr to prescribe it. Helps my neuropathy & muscle spasms & anxiety. "

Dolphindreamer (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "I know of people that have taken single 5mg tablet and they have been what I would say out of it all day. So when the Dr suggested this to me I was very unsure. However it is fair to say that for me after taking the first tablet I felt more grounded. I use 5mg tablets as and when needed. They don't zonk me out and help me on those days when things are just too much."

E2317 February 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "If you want something to control your panic attack for a short period of time this is perfect. It's only meant to be used for a few weeks. Its very addicting so watch out."

Heart_break_kid (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "Over all good"

zania February 14, 2015