User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 13 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 185 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

Review by Jetted Out (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Been taking diazepam for a while now, its been helping my everyday life. Since Valium, I've been more upbeat with reality. Only side effect I have is drowsiness.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 5, 2014 10:35 PM
Review by mama shelli: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: Diazepam has helped me with my panic attack and anxiety. I couldn't imagine going back to the old me without it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2014 2:06 PM
Review by RebelRoy: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: I've been on this medicine for over 3 months now and it has been a lifesaver for me, I take three 5mg diazepam a day about every 6 hours and I no longer have the panic attacks, depression has decreased 90%, I sleep at night since my brain can finally shut down, I have hardly any horrible thoughts anymore which plagued me before always worrying that something bad would happen to my kids or family members, I also don't have to get up to go to the bathroom 4-5 times a night anymore. My Dr also started me on Lexapro 3 months ago but I haven't noticed any effects from taking it since the diazepam is so helpful.

February 27, 2014 10:42 AM
Review by Muffin10a (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I am taking 2mg three times a day for anxiety. The anxiety is much better now and I can go places without having panic attacks. I feel the best I have felt in a long time.

February 13, 2014 9:58 PM
Review by Suze_b18 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

diazepam for Muscle Spasm: My GP put me on this to help with back spasms and to try and provide some relief from complex regional pain syndrome but I have no relief at all and my pain continues to worsen.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2014 5:02 PM
Review by sid owen: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Great for muscle spasms

February 5, 2014 9:27 AM
Review by CrisSpain (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

diazepam for Light Sedation: Very good! I use it for insomnia and I fall asleep in less than 30 mins after taking 10-15 mg. I sleep for 7 hours after that, a completely recovering sleep and I feel very good and awake the next day! I even don't need my coffee in the morning.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 24, 2014 3:24 AM
Review by bluecuda66 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Used it for 12 years and it was a life saver great medicine.

January 4, 2014 2:04 AM
Review by Ashton Jean: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: It works well for Meniere's disease aka as vertigo but does absolutely nothing for my anxiety/panic attacks. I have been on 7.5 mg twice a day for 7 months prior I was on 5mg twice a day. I gave it a 4 because it helps the Meniere's but not the anxiety. I was also put on Zoloft but had to stop after 14 days do to side effects. I was only on 12.5mg tried 25mg and had horrible side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 23, 2013 5:37 PM
Review by Wayne MCFC (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Valium has been a lifesaver for me, I probably wouldn't be here without it. I suffer from severe anxiety, panic disorder and clinical depression. This has got me through some very bad times when I thought I was dying and couldn't cope. I take 10mg during bad spells and it gets me through.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 22, 2013 6:44 AM
Review by zigzag333 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: My experience with this medication has been very positive.

December 21, 2013 9:49 PM
Review by The girl with the stripy kaleidoscope: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: It took a lot of persuading my psychiatrist but eventually she gave in and prescribed me Valium 2 mg yesterday. Within twenty minutes of my swallowing the first tablet, the difference it made was just incredible; no anxiety whatsoever and I felt very calm, even happy, as I also have clinical depression. Valium (diazepam) is simply great in my (albeit limited) experience so far.

December 7, 2013 8:17 PM
Review by jack.: User Rating:

diazepam for Light Sedation: Awesome, worked as described.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 28, 2013 9:03 AM
Review by bryan johnson:

diazepam for Anxiety: Well, the first time I had a major attack they put me on diazepam but it messed with my head really badly and I had memory issues. My discharge papers noted that while medicated by it I had little to no acknowledgement of externally inflicted bodily harm/pain. What I do remember is waking up the next day with a swollen ankle and multiple bruises that hurt like hell from walking into things or just letting the car door close on me. Later, someone recommended me this treatment, and I'm very grateful with it, I can go anywhere I want without problem, no anxiety, no panic attacks, I'm a new person.

November 16, 2013 9:09 AM
Review by renee croft:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Very helpful with back injury & muscle spasms. No side effects that I'm aware of. My condition is severe, without it and other meds I still have restless poor sleep due to severe pain & spasms but I barely have no sleep or relief without it.

November 15, 2013 9:45 PM
Review by ExperienceSpeaking (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

diazepam for Muscle Spasm: I rate diazepam a "10", it's still the best & safest in it's class -- but only when taken very sparingly. I liken it to a 'fire extinguisher', use only in case of emergency. If you take on a daily schedule (e.g., 3 times a day, every day) then you're making yourself a slave, and you'll be dull-witted & stupid much of the time. Just like reliance on any pill. We owe it to our families, friends, employers and ourselves to be productive, happy and helpful. I have the 5 mg. tablets in case of emergency. It acts fast, not too strong. There's no craving for 'another pill' hours or even days later, because it's very long acting. Be smart. Use only in case of real emergency and it's the best.

October 26, 2013 12:44 PM
Review by ExperienceSpeaking: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: I rate diazepam a "10", it's still the best & safest in it's class -- but only when taken very sparingly. I liken it to a 'fire extinguisher', use only in case of emergency. If you take on a daily schedule (e.g., 3 times a day, every day) then you're making yourself a slave, and you'll be dull-witted & stupid much of the time. Just like reliance on any pill. We owe it to our families, friends, employers and ourselves to be productive, happy and helpful. I have the 5 mg. tablets in case of emergency. It acts fast, not too strong. There's no craving for 'another pill' hours or even days later, because it's very long acting. Be smart. Use only in case of real emergency and it's the best.

October 26, 2013 12:41 PM
Review by ROMANBEAR (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

diazepam for Night Terrors: If you're having night terrors (you find yourself in an awakened state sitting on your bed after a bad dream or bad pain) this is THE medicine. I've used as little as 2 mg to control this condition but I find 6mg to be the right dose for me. Taken at night or spread out during the day and then 2mg at night I've had wonderful success. I've lived with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder since childhood (almost lost my life in a house fire). I have many other health issues most stemming from obesity. I hope this helps someone else as this is truly a miracle.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 12, 2013 12:42 AM
Review by lINNY 51 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Diastat (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Outstanding!

September 15, 2013 1:08 PM
Review by anxietyfilled (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: Without this I would be lost and panicking all the time. Keeps me calm through the tough time.

September 5, 2013 5:30 AM
Review by jovell: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: It really relieves my anxiety.

August 27, 2013 3:16 AM
Review by palmanova: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: Brilliant. A life saver for anxiety. No side effects. Better than antidepressants any day.

August 23, 2013 3:10 PM
Review by Liz1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: All of my life I've had varying levels of social anxiety & agoraphobia, usually without any logical cause. Even riding in cars made me unduly nervous. I had a rough, fear-filled childhood and that seemed to set me up for chronic nervousness. But there's no room for that in adult life. Valium eliminates the unnecessary anxiety & also helps with muscle spasms from my fibromyalgia. I don't get fatigue from this during the day. I do find that taking one before bed helps me relax my 100-miles-per-hour brain (stupid racing thoughts & worries) plus my muscles don't get all kinked up in knots while I'm sleeping. I've never needed to increase my dose on it even after several years, since it works as well as the day I started it, personally.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 20, 2013 10:52 AM
Review by KatRL31 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Have taken this with my other medicines prescribed. It actually works and if taken for a long time you need not just stop, you have to be weaned off.

August 8, 2013 4:40 PM
Review by Ddiazepam (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: The best short term solution to anxiety! I've been on diazepam for over a year. It's great to always have there in case a panic attack starts to come on, and it completely takes the edge off any stressful situation. It seems doctors are reluctant to prescribe diazepam, however if you are prescribed this medication, it's definitely a life saver. I take 2.5mg at a time (from 5mg tablets).

July 21, 2013 4:18 AM