User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 11 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 20 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 219 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

Review by Dolphindreamer (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Muscle Spasm: It's the only thing that works for me without drowsiness or any side effects. Just hard to find a dr to prescribe it. Helps my neuropathy & muscle spasms & anxiety.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 11:10 PM

Review by E2317:

For Anxiety: I know of people that have taken single 5mg tablet and they have been what I would say out of it all day. So when the Dr suggested this to me I was very unsure. However it is fair to say that for me after taking the first tablet I felt more grounded. I use 5mg tablets as and when needed. They don't zonk me out and help me on those days when things are just too much.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 2:06 PM

Review by Heart_break_kid (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: If you want something to control your panic attack for a short period of time this is perfect. It's only meant to be used for a few weeks. Its very addicting so watch out.

February 20, 2015 11:44 PM

Review by zania:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Over all good

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2015 4:06 AM

Review by Coon dog:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: This medication works as intended with minimal side effects. Relieves my muscle spasms and takes away the nervousness and bad attitude caused by back pain (not back ache). I take Percocet with Valium.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 6:45 AM

Review by Yoda444 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: It's great.

January 17, 2015 4:14 PM

Review by disco dave93:

For Anxiety: I am 21 and have suffered from major anxiety attacks and chronic depression the past few years and took every antidepressant tables going which have never made a difference. My doctor prescribed me with 2mg diazepam I took one with a cup of tea and I've never felt so calm and relaxed in my life and slept like a baby for the first time in six months. I highly recommend these if you suffer from the same problems one negative is they give me the munchies.

January 5, 2015 2:33 PM

Review by Montymoo:

For Anxiety: I have suffered from anxiety disorder for over 3 years now. Recently I hit rock bottom again and haven't been able to leave the house. I felt terrible. Doctor prescribed me 2mg of diazepam and after 20 minutes I already feel so much calmer. I only have a few days worth (just to help my citalopram kick in) - but it is great at calming you down.

January 5, 2015 1:00 PM

Review by Greekgod (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: Called my doctor as I was having serious anxiety attacks and panic attacks she prescribed me 2mg twice daily, I have suffered with anxiety all my life the moment. I swallowed the first pill 20 minutes later I can't even explain how perfect I feel no anxiety no panic, calm and so normal it's unreal serious life saver!

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by Anxiety Mike (taken for 10 years or more):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Great all around benzodiazepine! Lasts long and is generally mild but does the job!

December 22, 2014 11:01 AM

Review by USAF Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I suffer from lower back pain. I had a back fusion in November 2013 about 6 months ago I started having really bad back spasms around the area they did the fusion which was my L-5/S-1. They had me on Flexeril but did not help they tried the Valium and it works. I do not take it every day only when I have the spasms between that and the Percocet it is the only thing that works. But I only take them as needed.

December 19, 2014 6:05 PM

Review by Richnea1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I have panic attacks the night before air travel and they are horrendous. I am a shivering, cold sweating mess and all I can think about is "I'm gonna die" as my mind becomes compromised and my heart is trying to get out of my chest. Diazapam is great. I take 4mg as I feel the attack starting and the medicine starts taking effect within 30 minutes. After an hour I am much more relaxed and can contemplate sleep. This effect lasts 10 hours then I crash as the medicine wears off and then the symptoms take over. I top up with 2mg as and when needed through the day. A panic attack only lasts up to 10 minutes but the symptoms can last for me up to 24 hours so taking that 2mg now and again keeps me strong. Diazapam means I can travel again.

December 7, 2014 4:32 AM

Review by anonymousohio (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Worked wonders to help my excessive sweating and anxiety from Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, a form of Dysautonomia. Also, helped me to sleep better.

December 4, 2014 7:53 PM

Review by laverdad (taken for 10 years or more):

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: My muscle spasms in my spine were caused by injury. They have gotten worse with age. BUT, I had Doctors who listened. I cannot take "pain" pills or even NSAIDS. And because of the injury to my head, aspirin in large doses. Valium was prescribed by three Neurologists-but in low doses. The reviews I have read that are negative to Valium have the patients taking doses WAAAY to high. They are creating zombies. I take 6 Mg. a DAY--and it works and I have live with this spine pain--on a cane--for many years. They cannot "cure" it, but Valium has made it possible for me to stay out of a wheelchair. The Doctors who overprescribe are CREATING a problem for the patient. It is a very effective medication, cheap and very mild side effects.

November 25, 2014 10:18 AM

Review by Chaiya (taken for less than 1 month):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I reacted harshly to this medicine. It turns out that I am someone who is sensitive to this medicine and was best prescribed it at the pediatric level of 1mg. Now that we have found the correct dose, it does wonders for large overwhelming panic attacks.

November 19, 2014 9:15 AM

Review by Overly-anxious (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I wish I knew the panic I felt was something that I could calm with a single pill. Diazepam works great by just making you feel mellow and relaxed. I take 2mg here and there. My doctor prescribes it when I go through these severe panic episodes where I can't sleep and I become consumed with doom. Diazepam helps to rationalise things and makes me feel like its not the end of the world. I wish one day I wont have to take it but for now I am grateful for it.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by JohnyK:

For Anxiety: I am 19 years old, and have tried all four of the most popular benzodiazepines for my social, general, and nighttime anxiety when several SSRI's failed: Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and Valium. Klonopin made me angry and Xanax didn't last long for me. Ativan did zilch. Valium is like Xanax's effects with Klonopin's long duration! It's the only medication that I can take effectively with no side effects! I take 5 MG only as needed and have no urge to take more. It's mild, kicks in quick, and lasts long. I don't find it addictive at all! Sometimes the oldest medications are the best. Lifesaver!

October 22, 2014 7:22 AM

Review by Fallon418:

For Anxiety: I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for almost 6 years now. I'm a 29 yr old female and I have tried it all. Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Buspar, Vistril and lots more!!! Valium was the only thing that worked wonders for me, an absolute life saver. My Dr started me off on 2mgs every 8 hrs. But that wasn't strong enough as my anxiety attacks are debilitating!! Now she has me on 5mg 3x a day, and I also take Abilify and an antidepressant. This has saved me. I can drive and go out without feeling like I'm gonna die.

October 16, 2014 10:43 AM

Review by xjunkie4jesus (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: This is the ONLY medicine in the benzodiazepine family that is useful to me for BOTH panic attacks AND sleep! Great results.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2014 11:58 AM

Review by Miss Trina (taken for less than 1 month):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I was given a sample pack, but it has the opposite effects for me, as I had an increase in fear of danger, and worrying, I was extremely focused, and unable to sleep. My doctor has had me test a few anti anxiety meds Ativan, antidepressants, and the only one that works for me is Xanax at a low dose. I would make sure you consult your doctor first on this one.

October 10, 2014 11:51 PM

Review by Pez89:

For Anxiety: I have self managed my anxiety and depression for years. Depression has been the worst factor. My most recent episode came out of the blue and was harder for me to manage as I wasn't depressed. I was hyperventilating, worrying about stuff that wasn't going to happen and was climbing the walls at my partner. The doctor gave me diazepam 2mg after my blood pressure was too low for beta blockers. I've taken my first tablet and I feel more relaxed and able to process my thoughts and breath than I have done for days. I understand that they're addictive but to sort your head and get you on the starting blocks these have been life savers. I can go to work and cope with my mental health problems.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by Lisa98:

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: My orthodontist prescribed this and it works wonders, I also have Botox injected into my jaw, both work like magic. Insurance covers the Valium but not the Botox.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2014 9:36 PM

Review by mksm1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Suffered a major panic attack whilst driving 6 months ago, which left me with constant severe anxiety. My doctor put me on citalopram and beta blockers which made things much worse. I was now having panic attacks, night terrors, feeling very suicidal. I was eventually put on 2mg Diazepam tablets. This helped within 20 minutes of my first tablet. I felt slightly less anxious and a bit medicated. Continued taking 2/3 tabs a day for the next few weeks. Dramatic improvement. When I'm feeling a bit dodgy I will still use as and when needed.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 2:17 PM

Review by Big e:

For Meniere's Disease: I have vertigo, Meniere's Disease. When I have an attack it gets me out quick, it settles my daily symptoms I bite the pill in halve, just one mg once or twice a day takes symptoms away I would be disabled or dead without this medicine. I take lorazepam. If I go on caveman diet with no dairy, wheat, MSG high fructose corn syrup aspirin alcohol etc etc symptoms disappear after about six weeks but never completely and I carry the medicinr wherever I go.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 1, 2014 5:47 AM

Review by Lana050513 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I have fibromyalgia and a undiagnosed connective tissue disorder and this medicine has helped me with spasms and pain as well as trigger points reduction. Currently using it for a anxiety med as well this medicine has helped with All of the above at the same time taking the place of numerous medications. I feel this should be used as substitute for multiple meds to reduce the amount of potential interactions and unnecessary additional medications.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 1:34 PM