Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 11 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 20 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 226 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

Review by tootise (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: Works great .I was having panic attacks all the time. This medicine calm them down

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 9:02 AM

Review by kruuuisy:

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: It has really helped me right at the most important time to calm down and not bother with severe drinking.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2015 12:11 AM

Review by Mr. J (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I have been taking Valium every day for 5 years for anxiety and muscle spasms. Good to kill 2 birds with one stone. I take a relatively microscopic dose of 2.5mg/day, and after 5 years, I have probably built up a tolerance to it so that this tiny dose has no physiological effect any more. But even if I'm now getting the placebo effect from it, I don't care. I don't have panic attacks any more and that's all I really care about.

March 29, 2015 3:20 PM

Review by Jessiesteam (taken for less than 1 month):

Valrelease (diazepam) for Light Anesthesia: Wonderful pain management/ anesthesia medicine. Broke my ankle and combination of Diazepam and Advil. Take the big edge off the pain. No adverse side effects.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2015 12:46 PM

Review by Dolphindreamer (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Muscle Spasm: It's the only thing that works for me without drowsiness or any side effects. Just hard to find a dr to prescribe it. Helps my neuropathy & muscle spasms & anxiety.

February 24, 2015 11:10 PM

Review by E2317:

For Anxiety: I know of people that have taken single 5mg tablet and they have been what I would say out of it all day. So when the Dr suggested this to me I was very unsure. However it is fair to say that for me after taking the first tablet I felt more grounded. I use 5mg tablets as and when needed. They don't zonk me out and help me on those days when things are just too much.

February 24, 2015 2:06 PM

Review by Heart_break_kid (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: If you want something to control your panic attack for a short period of time this is perfect. It's only meant to be used for a few weeks. Its very addicting so watch out.

February 20, 2015 11:44 PM

Review by zania:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Over all good

February 14, 2015 4:06 AM

Review by Michaelgtheonly:

For Muscle Spasm: I've had a bad back for over 50 years. I never lost much work, but as I've gotten older my pain has increased. I was prescribed Norco (180 Tabs per month) for pain in 2005, and in 2009 Valium (120/10mg per month) for increased pain. I took the medicines reverently, with no noticeable side effects. I could work on our 5 acres and sleep. In Oct, 2014, my doctor stopped the valium, citing abuse by youngsters with the 2 medicines. I'm 71 and have never abused them. The pain specialist cut my Norco to 120 tabs per month. Now I'm in more pain and don't sleep well. I'm trying to make them see that The only thing I'm addicted to is being out of pain, and give me my meds back. Please

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2015 1:32 PM

Review by DrugExpert101 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I take this for severe life and death Anxiety and muscle spasms. I take 50 mg per day, 10mg 5 times per day as Directed by my Health Care professional. I have been taking this, vs. Klonopin or Zanax or Ativan or other Benzodiazapenes because of the longer term effects and the muscle spasm decreasing benefits. Have taken between 30 mg per day to 50 mg per day for 2 years now. It does make me lazy. I have had weight gain. I have to exercise and I have to also use caution while driving. I take a high dosage, but without it, I would not be alive. It is as simple as that. I am glad this medication, has been used for decades, tried and true, can cause anger if one does not realize they need to self filter, but it does relax anxiety and muscles.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2015 12:50 AM

Review by kimmieflo:

For Anxiety: I have tried to Xanax and it doesn't matter how many milligrams I take it has no effect on me. I tried Klonopin which works however when it wears off I get horrible migraines which I found out can be a symptom of for some people. Valium is the only medicine I can take that reduces my anxiety. I ready here in some of the reviews people saying they had extreme anxiety and we're taking to milligrams my anxiety is so bad I take 10 milligrams 3 times a day just to be normal. It works it really works. It may be an old medication and it may not be prescribed very often anymore but I truly believe it is the best.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 1:42 AM

Review by Coon dog:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: This medication works as intended with minimal side effects. Relieves my muscle spasms and takes away the nervousness and bad attitude caused by back pain (not back ache). I take Percocet with Valium.

January 22, 2015 6:45 AM

Review by Yoda444 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: It's great.

January 17, 2015 4:14 PM

Review by disco dave93:

For Anxiety: I am 21 and have suffered from major anxiety attacks and chronic depression the past few years and took every antidepressant tables going which have never made a difference. My doctor prescribed me with 2mg diazepam I took one with a cup of tea and I've never felt so calm and relaxed in my life and slept like a baby for the first time in six months. I highly recommend these if you suffer from the same problems one negative is they give me the munchies.

January 5, 2015 2:33 PM

Review by Montymoo:

For Anxiety: I have suffered from anxiety disorder for over 3 years now. Recently I hit rock bottom again and haven't been able to leave the house. I felt terrible. Doctor prescribed me 2mg of diazepam and after 20 minutes I already feel so much calmer. I only have a few days worth (just to help my citalopram kick in) - but it is great at calming you down.

January 5, 2015 1:00 PM

Review by Greekgod (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: Called my doctor as I was having serious anxiety attacks and panic attacks she prescribed me 2mg twice daily, I have suffered with anxiety all my life the moment. I swallowed the first pill 20 minutes later I can't even explain how perfect I feel no anxiety no panic, calm and so normal it's unreal serious life saver!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by Anxiety Mike (taken for 10 years or more):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Great all around benzodiazepine! Lasts long and is generally mild but does the job!

December 22, 2014 11:01 AM

Review by USAF Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I suffer from lower back pain. I had a back fusion in November 2013 about 6 months ago I started having really bad back spasms around the area they did the fusion which was my L-5/S-1. They had me on Flexeril but did not help they tried the Valium and it works. I do not take it every day only when I have the spasms between that and the Percocet it is the only thing that works. But I only take them as needed.

December 19, 2014 6:05 PM

Review by Richnea1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I have panic attacks the night before air travel and they are horrendous. I am a shivering, cold sweating mess and all I can think about is "I'm gonna die" as my mind becomes compromised and my heart is trying to get out of my chest. Diazapam is great. I take 4mg as I feel the attack starting and the medicine starts taking effect within 30 minutes. After an hour I am much more relaxed and can contemplate sleep. This effect lasts 10 hours then I crash as the medicine wears off and then the symptoms take over. I top up with 2mg as and when needed through the day. A panic attack only lasts up to 10 minutes but the symptoms can last for me up to 24 hours so taking that 2mg now and again keeps me strong. Diazapam means I can travel again.

December 7, 2014 4:32 AM

Review by anonymousohio (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Worked wonders to help my excessive sweating and anxiety from Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, a form of Dysautonomia. Also, helped me to sleep better.

December 4, 2014 7:53 PM

Review by laverdad (taken for 10 years or more):

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: My muscle spasms in my spine were caused by injury. They have gotten worse with age. BUT, I had Doctors who listened. I cannot take "pain" pills or even NSAIDS. And because of the injury to my head, aspirin in large doses. Valium was prescribed by three Neurologists-but in low doses. The reviews I have read that are negative to Valium have the patients taking doses WAAAY to high. They are creating zombies. I take 6 Mg. a DAY--and it works and I have live with this spine pain--on a cane--for many years. They cannot "cure" it, but Valium has made it possible for me to stay out of a wheelchair. The Doctors who overprescribe are CREATING a problem for the patient. It is a very effective medication, cheap and very mild side effects.

November 25, 2014 10:18 AM

Review by Chaiya (taken for less than 1 month):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I reacted harshly to this medicine. It turns out that I am someone who is sensitive to this medicine and was best prescribed it at the pediatric level of 1mg. Now that we have found the correct dose, it does wonders for large overwhelming panic attacks.

November 19, 2014 9:15 AM

Review by Overly-anxious (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I wish I knew the panic I felt was something that I could calm with a single pill. Diazepam works great by just making you feel mellow and relaxed. I take 2mg here and there. My doctor prescribes it when I go through these severe panic episodes where I can't sleep and I become consumed with doom. Diazepam helps to rationalise things and makes me feel like its not the end of the world. I wish one day I wont have to take it but for now I am grateful for it.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by JohnyK:

For Anxiety: I am 19 years old, and have tried all four of the most popular benzodiazepines for my social, general, and nighttime anxiety when several SSRI's failed: Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and Valium. Klonopin made me angry and Xanax didn't last long for me. Ativan did zilch. Valium is like Xanax's effects with Klonopin's long duration! It's the only medication that I can take effectively with no side effects! I take 5 MG only as needed and have no urge to take more. It's mild, kicks in quick, and lasts long. I don't find it addictive at all! Sometimes the oldest medications are the best. Lifesaver!

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2014 7:22 AM

Review by Fallon418:

For Anxiety: I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for almost 6 years now. I'm a 29 yr old female and I have tried it all. Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Buspar, Vistril and lots more!!! Valium was the only thing that worked wonders for me, an absolute life saver. My Dr started me off on 2mgs every 8 hrs. But that wasn't strong enough as my anxiety attacks are debilitating!! Now she has me on 5mg 3x a day, and I also take Abilify and an antidepressant. This has saved me. I can drive and go out without feeling like I'm gonna die.

October 16, 2014 10:43 AM