User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 13 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 197 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

Review by mksm1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Suffered a major panic attack whilst driving 6 months ago, which left me with constant severe anxiety. My doctor put me on citalopram and beta blockers which made things much worse. I was now having panic attacks, night terrors, feeling very suicidal. I was eventually put on 2mg Diazepam tablets. This helped within 20 minutes of my first tablet. I felt slightly less anxious and a bit medicated. Continued taking 2/3 tabs a day for the next few weeks. Dramatic improvement. When I'm feeling a bit dodgy I will still use as and when needed.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 2:17 PM

Review by Big e:

For Meniere's Disease: I have vertigo, Meniere's Disease. When I have an attack it gets me out quick, it settles my daily symptoms I bite the pill in halve, just one mg once or twice a day takes symptoms away I would be disabled or dead without this medicine. I take lorazepam. If I go on caveman diet with no dairy, wheat, MSG high fructose corn syrup aspirin alcohol etc etc symptoms disappear after about six weeks but never completely and I carry the medicinr wherever I go.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 1, 2014 5:47 AM

Review by Lana050513 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I have fibromyalgia and a undiagnosed connective tissue disorder and this medicine has helped me with spasms and pain as well as trigger points reduction. Currently using it for a anxiety med as well this medicine has helped with All of the above at the same time taking the place of numerous medications. I feel this should be used as substitute for multiple meds to reduce the amount of potential interactions and unnecessary additional medications.

August 14, 2014 1:34 PM

Review by Batman2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Recently began suffering generalized anxiety disorder, took me to the point of suicide, prescribed diazepam. The 1st time I took it I felt aggressive and annoyed easily however after a few days I can safely say it has greatly reduced my anxiety for now however my doctor has said he will not let me stay on it due to the bodies ability to easily resist the medicine over time requiring greater doses etc. Desperately do not want to try antidepressants again (due to a previous severe reaction). We shall see.

July 19, 2014 3:42 PM

Review by denver4b (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anxiety. I take two antidepressants and Buspar and Valium for anxiety. I have begun taking 10 mg of Valium several times a day and it helps calm my million mile an hour brain. I wish I didn't have to take so much medication but to live a normal daily life, they are necessary.

June 26, 2014 8:42 PM

Review by viana555:

For Anxiety: I started having panic attack, anxiety, which they all led me to insomnia for 4 days I was not able to sleep for more than 1.5hrs. I went to my GP and he prescribed me a dose of 7.5 mg of zopiclone and this tablet acted very fast but only kept me a sleep for 3 hrs . My GP prescribed me 5 mg of diazepam for three days and when I took the first dose of 5 mg I waited and waited it just didn't do nothing and I had even more panic attacks and anxiety. So I decided to take all of them which makes 15mg of diazepam and nothing happens just I felt like really confused and heavy headed after 6 hrs I managed to have some sleep for 8 hrs . I don't think this is the right medicine for me but next day it did make me feel calm and kind of relaxed.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2014 9:31 AM

Review by sinclairville:

For Muscle Spasm: I tried all the muscle relaxant medicines, then my pain management doctor introduced me to diazepam, the spasms in my legs and fusioned area of my back disappeared overnight. The way I know it works is because if I don't take it the symptoms reappear.

June 10, 2014 2:37 PM

Review by janee04 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I had ended up in the ER a few times with weird problems like not being able to catch my breath and hyperventilating before I even new they were panic attacks. They started me on Ativan but it made me so hyper and loopy I literately forgot a few days so when I was put on Valium it was a God send. It prevents and treats panic attacks without the loopy feeling and It doesn't affect my ability to perform daily activities so I'd recommend it to anyone seeking this type of help.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 12:36 AM

Review by your boy on the street (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Valrelease (diazepam) for ICU Agitation: works very well

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 1:56 PM

Review by nocentsonthedollar:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: This is a wonderful medicine for anxiety it works within 20 mins and lasts for a long time because of its long half life. However if you are suffering from depression, especially clinical depression I would not recommend taking this. It will worsen your depression symptoms if taken too often. If you started an SSRI antidepressant it can be used early on to help with some side effects like increased anxiety in the first few weeks on the medication.

May 21, 2014 11:09 AM

Review by Nikkinicole11234 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Valium (diazepam) for Night Terrors: I was having night terrors several times a night at the end of my pregnancy. I would awake several times a night believing that the terrible nightmare I had was real, I would be terrified, one night I even woke up believing that I was just touched on my arm and woken up. These are worse than nightmares, they are extremely lucid horrific dreams, your lucky when you actually wake up. Being 9 months pregnant I was very hesitant about taking Valium but there came a point when I had to. The first night I got relief from the night terrors and every night after. It's a great medication for this problem but I would make sure that the benefits always outweighed the risks.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 10:27 PM

Review by AnxietyMike (taken for 10 years or more):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I've been on just about every benzodiazapine there is and Valium (diazepam) is all around the best for combating debilitating anxiety symptoms. It may not be the most potent benzo, but it has wide and equal benzo effects including sedation, muscle relaxation, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant and can be used for insomnia. Now the main reason why Valium is the best is its extra long half life. It's effects can linger for days which is helpful if you have chronic anxiety. It also prevents those ups and downs short acting benzos cause like Xanax and Ativan. Another thing to note is withdrawal from Valium is by far the most mild out of ALL the benzos. This wonderful medication is an oldie but goodie.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by Jetted Out (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Been taking diazepam for a while now, its been helping my everyday life. Since Valium, I've been more upbeat with reality. Only side effect I have is drowsiness.

April 5, 2014 10:35 PM

Review by mama shelli:

For Anxiety: Diazepam has helped me with my panic attack and anxiety. I couldn't imagine going back to the old me without it.

April 2, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by RebelRoy:

For Anxiety: I've been on this medicine for over 3 months now and it has been a lifesaver for me, I take three 5mg diazepam a day about every 6 hours and I no longer have the panic attacks, depression has decreased 90%, I sleep at night since my brain can finally shut down, I have hardly any horrible thoughts anymore which plagued me before always worrying that something bad would happen to my kids or family members, I also don't have to get up to go to the bathroom 4-5 times a night anymore. My Dr also started me on Lexapro 3 months ago but I haven't noticed any effects from taking it since the diazepam is so helpful.

February 27, 2014 10:42 AM

Review by Muffin10a (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I am taking 2mg three times a day for anxiety. The anxiety is much better now and I can go places without having panic attacks. I feel the best I have felt in a long time.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2014 9:58 PM

Review by Suze_b18 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: My GP put me on this to help with back spasms and to try and provide some relief from complex regional pain syndrome but I have no relief at all and my pain continues to worsen.

February 11, 2014 5:02 PM

Review by sid owen:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Great for muscle spasms

February 5, 2014 9:27 AM

Review by CrisSpain (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Light Sedation: Very good! I use it for insomnia and I fall asleep in less than 30 mins after taking 10-15 mg. I sleep for 7 hours after that, a completely recovering sleep and I feel very good and awake the next day! I even don't need my coffee in the morning.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2014 3:24 AM

Review by bluecuda66 (taken for 10 years or more):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Used it for 12 years and it was a life saver great medicine.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2014 2:04 AM

For Anxiety: It works well for Meniere's disease aka as vertigo but does absolutely nothing for my anxiety/panic attacks. I have been on 7.5 mg twice a day for 7 months prior I was on 5mg twice a day. I gave it a 4 because it helps the Meniere's but not the anxiety. I was also put on Zoloft but had to stop after 14 days do to side effects. I was only on 12.5mg tried 25mg and had horrible side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 23, 2013 5:37 PM

Review by Wayne MCFC (taken for 10 years or more):

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Valium has been a lifesaver for me, I probably wouldn't be here without it. I suffer from severe anxiety, panic disorder and clinical depression. This has got me through some very bad times when I thought I was dying and couldn't cope. I take 10mg during bad spells and it gets me through.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2013 6:44 AM

Review by zigzag333 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: My experience with this medication has been very positive.

December 21, 2013 9:49 PM

Review by The girl with the stripy kaleidoscope:

For Anxiety: It took a lot of persuading my psychiatrist but eventually she gave in and prescribed me Valium 2 mg yesterday. Within twenty minutes of my swallowing the first tablet, the difference it made was just incredible; no anxiety whatsoever and I felt very calm, even happy, as I also have clinical depression. Valium (diazepam) is simply great in my (albeit limited) experience so far.

December 7, 2013 8:17 PM

Review by jack.:

For Light Sedation: Awesome, worked as described.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate