Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 11 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 20 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 228 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

Review by Big Mike Valium:

Valium (diazepam) for Light Sedation: Very pleasant in a variety of doses.

April 26, 2012 8:56 PM

Review by Juijo:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: No doctor had been able to diagnose my condition. As a result, I was prescribed 10mg of Valium 3x daily as a crutch indefinitely. At first, I was dim-witted and happy and got SOME relief, but after about a year, I started to become increasingly apathetic, dim-witted, started to have problems with light sensitivity and focus, become uninterested in socializing, and have a personality shift from the funny, charming guy, to a depressed robot with anger spasms, who takes risks just to feel some sense of being alive. After 2.5 years, the physical relief has all but stopped, and an any case I cannot have a life taking this. I am in the process of tapering off of it.

April 18, 2012 8:24 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Tetanus: Good out come with early presentation.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2012 3:03 PM

Review by Dandfy:

For Muscle Spasm: I had a lumbar spine op in 1996 and each year have about two severe episodes of muscle spasm in my back, the only thing that brings about quick results is diazepam. If left to its own devices the spasm takes two to three weeks to subside. No side effects but feel relaxed.

February 12, 2012 1:23 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: When I finally got a doctor to prescribe Valium it was a life changing start. I always had social anxiety and was very introverted. After being on Valium I quickly moved up in my company because I could interact and socialize with no fears or anxiety. After a few years I was in charge of up to 50 workers and always got good feedback from customers, and professionals related to our work and was able to focus and enjoy dealing with many different personalities. The only problem was getting very sleepy while driving.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2012 2:21 AM

Review by Daveguess:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Years ago they did not have Xanax. I had panic attacks and this medicine saved me from losing my job for fear of driving! IT was my salvation from the terrible panic attacks!

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2012 4:54 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Seizure Prevention: This seems to help the pre-seizure "twitchiness" my spouse experiences, and has the side benefit of helping him to sleep. Also when he gets really agitated before hand, it seems to adjust his mood and make him feel more comfortable. Dose is small, 5 mg as needed.

January 9, 2012 4:51 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Seizures: Wonder drug, stops seizures, stops things that can bring on a seizure, stops pain after seizures, stops bad side effects of my other anti-seizure medicines. I could not take any other seizure medicines but Valium helped. Not enough sleep can cause a seizure and Valium helps me sleep.

December 22, 2011 12:24 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: This was the only thing that gave me some pain relief from severe irritable bowel syndrome, triggered/made worse from anxiety. Thank God for Valium. Only lasted about 3 hrs, but was a low dose of 2mg. Only a small supply was given to me as a short term solution, but I'm so glad I'm finally getting the relief from the anxiety and pain.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2011 3:39 AM

Review by ArIck:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Valium worked wonders for me when I realized that my anxiety had been making me a shut-in with a low quality of life. Aside from developing an insatiable appetite at first, it seemed like a miracle. Example: I took a Valium before flying and could not find my luggage in baggage claim. Previously, I would have been shaking, crying and sweating. Instead, I confidently walked over to customer service and learned that my bag will come when the next flight arrives. Self-inflicted meltdown averted. It's long half-life, however, can be a blessing and bad. It lasts practically all day, but that also means it makes me a bit drowsy and lazy all day as well.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 11, 2011 4:50 PM

Review by Trento:

For Anxiety: Valium is absolutely wonderful. It will help people with sleep and anxiety, it also has quite a pronounced physical relaxation that I don't quite notice with other benzodiazepines like Xanax, making it useful for muscle spasms and uncomfortable aches. It's definitely the longest-lasting benzo that I've ever had, the sedation lasts well and truly into the next day, sometimes even longer (48 hours) but it fades by then.

December 8, 2011 11:44 PM

Review by Stuttering-boy:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Valium makes me Stutter about 80% less! Wonderful medicine if taken the right way. I can be normal like everybody else, don't know what I would do without it.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2011 3:47 PM

For Meniere's Disease: I had episodes since I was 5 yrs old and none of the doctors I went to could help me. These episodes would last for 24 hours before I started to fell better. That would drain me mentally and physically. When I was 23 I was told that I had Meniere's disease and need to start on a low sodium diet no more then 2500 mg a day I'm 26 right now. That helped until I started to have a episodes three times a week and that was having a huge impact on my life. My doctor gave me Valium that I take three times day and that was a life saver in my view. I started taking it over a year ago and no major episodes yet.

October 27, 2011 11:29 PM

Review by 26AA:

For Anxiety: Diazepam has helped me a lot. It mostly helped me at night time to sleep, that's when I would take it. Now I am on a quarter and starting to take it every other night only when needed.

October 19, 2011 3:07 PM

Review by Charlie Crazy Bud:

For Muscle Spasm: I had surgery on my back in my lower lumbar for stoniness. I am on Valium and Hydrocodone/acetaminophen and the medicines seem to work during the day but when I get up in the morning I can't feel my legs. I then take the medicines and about 30 min's later I'm okay. I still have the pain in the day but not as bad. I am also having erectile dysfunction. I hope this will go away after healing of the back.

October 17, 2011 7:22 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Use of this medicine is to very effective in treating the illnesses for which it is prescribed. They will also admit that it is an extremely safe medicine to use. Valium when used by me, sporadically, as needed, effectively treats my anxiety episodes, which untreated would probably lead to ulcers.

October 9, 2011 5:10 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Light Anesthesia: I was given one Valium tablet 20mins before my Lasik eye surgery and another one for later that day. It completely relaxed me for my procedure and on top of that acted as a very strong pain killer. Obviously it was used in conjunction with local anesthetic eye drops.

October 4, 2011 5:20 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: It helps me get to sleep without thinking all night long.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2011 7:45 PM

Review by willio:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I've been taking Valium for two years now and really found it a lifesaver. I left my parents house and had to keep my old doctor (50 miles away) as I'm afraid if I join a new surgery they will want to pressurize me to come off my it, as I also receive 20 mg of temazepam to help sleep as well. I find most doctors very unwilling to prescribe benzo's.

September 16, 2011 9:59 AM

Review by Big Baseball Fan:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I'm a 32 yr young woman, who at the age of 11 was diagnosed with a severe spine disorder (scoliosis), it was also affecting my vertebra, they were turning in causing my ribs to crush my lungs. My doctor said I had a year or so to live. I was slowly suffocating. So at 12 yrs old I had 2 herrington rods put in on each side of my spine. From neck to tush! The pain then wasn't to bad, that I remember, but now at 32 some days I can't even move (WINTER-IDAHO). But 2 yrs ago I started using diazepam and at first I slept a lot, but as time has passed I have a great life. I myself cannot play sports but I can sit on a metal bench for 3 to 4 hours and enjoy watching my 4 boys play sports. Take as prescribed and tell your doctor if it's not helping.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2011 12:08 AM

Review by viciousjay67:

For Anxiety: I am prescribed to take 10mg 3x a day, but find it only necessary to take a 5mg in the morning and a 10-15mg in the evening. That way, I can still function during the day and sleep well at night.

September 7, 2011 9:44 PM

Review by lonewolf1253:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: The best anxiety medicine I have taken and I have taken them all. Works very fast, about 20 minutes and keeps working. Also for me it is basically non-addictive. I can take it when I like and then stop for long periods if I want to. In fact I used Valium to get off Klonopin which was a nightmare to get off until Valium was substituted.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2011 12:48 PM

Review by helpneededplz:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I was given a short course of valium 4x 2mg a day for 5 days. I needed a slight relaxant, as I was going through opiate withdrawals through no fault of my own. It seemed to work pretty okay, but I think for panic attacks and anxiety I would say you need a minimum of 5mg, as I don't think 2mg was enough to take the edge off it. A great medicine though.

August 29, 2011 10:08 PM

Review by 25:

For Anxiety: I would get really nervous around people and loud noise. I take 2 x 10mg a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. It helps a lot. I wish I would have been taking it years ago.

August 26, 2011 2:12 AM

Review by kevinlee55:

For Muscle Spasm: I have recurrent issues with herniated discs in my spine. In regards to pain management medicines I find this medicine outstanding. With the onset of severe back pain I find I only need take two per night for a couple of nights and the pain literally dissolves. I like diazepam because it does not make me feel trippy and there are no residual effects the following day. I actually don't feel any actual effects of it working. I simply wake up the next day and my pain is gone. I certainly do not feel any sense of dependency on it and happily stop and start dosage as needed. I would recommend this to anyone suffering similar issues.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2011 9:41 AM