User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 13 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 80 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 211 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: It helps me get to sleep without thinking all night long.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2011 7:45 PM

Review by willio:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I've been taking Valium for two years now and really found it a lifesaver. I left my parents house and had to keep my old doctor (50 miles away) as I'm afraid if I join a new surgery they will want to pressurize me to come off my it, as I also receive 20 mg of temazepam to help sleep as well. I find most doctors very unwilling to prescribe benzo's.

September 16, 2011 9:59 AM

Review by Big Baseball Fan:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I'm a 32 yr young woman, who at the age of 11 was diagnosed with a severe spine disorder (scoliosis), it was also affecting my vertebra, they were turning in causing my ribs to crush my lungs. My doctor said I had a year or so to live. I was slowly suffocating. So at 12 yrs old I had 2 herrington rods put in on each side of my spine. From neck to tush! The pain then wasn't to bad, that I remember, but now at 32 some days I can't even move (WINTER-IDAHO). But 2 yrs ago I started using diazepam and at first I slept a lot, but as time has passed I have a great life. I myself cannot play sports but I can sit on a metal bench for 3 to 4 hours and enjoy watching my 4 boys play sports. Take as prescribed and tell your doctor if it's not helping.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2011 12:08 AM

Review by viciousjay67:

For Anxiety: I am prescribed to take 10mg 3x a day, but find it only necessary to take a 5mg in the morning and a 10-15mg in the evening. That way, I can still function during the day and sleep well at night.

September 7, 2011 9:44 PM

Review by lonewolf1253:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: The best anxiety medicine I have taken and I have taken them all. Works very fast, about 20 minutes and keeps working. Also for me it is basically non-addictive. I can take it when I like and then stop for long periods if I want to. In fact I used Valium to get off Klonopin which was a nightmare to get off until Valium was substituted.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2011 12:48 PM

Review by helpneededplz:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I was given a short course of valium 4x 2mg a day for 5 days. I needed a slight relaxant, as I was going through opiate withdrawals through no fault of my own. It seemed to work pretty okay, but I think for panic attacks and anxiety I would say you need a minimum of 5mg, as I don't think 2mg was enough to take the edge off it. A great medicine though.

August 29, 2011 10:08 PM

Review by 25:

For Anxiety: I would get really nervous around people and loud noise. I take 2 x 10mg a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. It helps a lot. I wish I would have been taking it years ago.

August 26, 2011 2:12 AM

Review by kevinlee55:

For Muscle Spasm: I have recurrent issues with herniated discs in my spine. In regards to pain management medicines I find this medicine outstanding. With the onset of severe back pain I find I only need take two per night for a couple of nights and the pain literally dissolves. I like diazepam because it does not make me feel trippy and there are no residual effects the following day. I actually don't feel any actual effects of it working. I simply wake up the next day and my pain is gone. I certainly do not feel any sense of dependency on it and happily stop and start dosage as needed. I would recommend this to anyone suffering similar issues.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2011 9:41 AM

For Anxiety: I have had trouble sleeping for over 25 years and about 10 years ago started having panic or anxiety attacks in the morning. I tried Xanax, the side effects made me depressed and angry. Valium has always worked well with little or no side effects. I take 5mg in the morning and 10 mg at bedtime and this works great. I have been on the same dosage for about 9 years and have had no problems. I would highly recommend this as opposed to Xanax or other benzodiazepines.

August 20, 2011 4:14 AM

Review by Ash0000:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I have generalized anxiety disorder and I only take Valium as needed. When I am going to do something that will make me particularly anxious (e.g. a date with a girl) I take 3mg. It helps me to be myself.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2011 6:10 AM

For Anxiety: I have suffered with anxiety and panic for years, since about 14 y/o. I have tried several different benzodiazepines over the years but always go back to diazepam. I can use it for both preventing a panic attack before a specific situation, or use it to relieve one once it's started. You can even take it the night before a specific event for nervous insomnia. Diazepam calms me down without tiredness or feeling spaced out.

August 16, 2011 4:08 AM

Review by valley12:

For Anxiety: I have been taking three 5mg Valium per day for the last four years. It has worked wonders for me. I haven't changed the dosage and have had no reason to increase it. Before I started this course, I would literally worry when I would get nervous. I don't even feel it in any way when I take it, but don't get anxious and am able to make decisions that I can't when I'm so nervous.

August 15, 2011 4:43 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I'm only 15 years old, but I've been suffering from anxiety to the point of near-suicide, and Valium has saved my life more than once. I currently take Cymbalta daily, and Valium whenever I need it (roughly 5 times per week) , and I have now been able to return to living a normal life. (I had to quit school for a little while). I would recommend this medicine to absolutely ANYONE who suffers from frequent anxiety, it may permit a better lifestyle.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2011 2:26 PM

Review by fettes5:

Valium (diazepam) for Light Sedation: For instant light sedation Valium is the number one choice. It is fast acting even in small dosages like 10mg but for full effect 20mg is preferred. Though it can lead to unwanted dependency after a few weeks so beware.

June 29, 2011 6:58 PM

Review by logistician:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Did little to relieve spasms radiating through leg muscles from lumbar stenosis, which it was prescribed for. Most notable effect was erectile dysfunction.

June 7, 2011 2:15 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Before I had all kinds of problem like stomach aches and I was scared of everything and I lost 45 pounds. I have been taking Valium for about 10 months and I have gained almost all my weight back and I have no more problems at all.

May 19, 2011 2:02 AM

Review by wrecky:

For Muscle Spasm: I have spasms in my lower back due to a car injury. Diazepam works wonderfully.

April 24, 2011 2:29 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I was originally prescribed Valium for mild anxiety. It has helped but amazingly it has stopped my muscle pain from a bulging disc L5. I now suffer no pain at all from the muscles around the disc its amazing.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2011 6:29 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Meniere's Disease: It is the only thing that works well for the vertigo and off balance feeling. Small amounts are all that is necessary, when the episodes occur only.

March 16, 2011 8:00 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: After having such severe anxiety to the point of being suicidal, I have with the help of Valium been able to function again. Valium has saved my life.

February 24, 2011 7:25 PM

Valium (diazepam) for : I work the night shift 8pm-8am, and would often literally stay awake for 2-3 days at a time. I had tried everything which either didnt get me to sleep at all, or would make me feel groggy and sluggish upon waking. My doctor reccomended I try Valium 10mg when i get home from work, and from day one I have been able to sleep 6-8 hours and wake up feeling refreshed, not groggy. I literally cried that first good sleep I got, after 6 months of severe insomnia, something finally worked!

February 17, 2011 9:48 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I have a bulging disc @ L5 & S1, also causing sciatica pain. The disc is impinging on a nerve causing numbness and tingling in my lower leg and foot. At times there are spasms that can hurt so bad I will actually jump up out of my chair or sit straight up in bed out of a dead sleep. I have been on pain medicines alone, pain medicines along with muscle relaxers and muscle relaxers alone. I prefer the muscle relaxers alone because they don't seem to make me feel so bad during the day and I can still function and take care of my household. Guess I will find out if that still works after surgery, that is if they decide I need it, I really hope we can find another option to "fix" my back for now.

February 4, 2011 6:35 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Works great just works slowly.

January 19, 2011 2:23 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I have been on 10mg of Valium 3 times a day since 1998 and have had very good luck with it. I have tried other medicines but everything else seems to not work as well. Don't no what I would do if I didn't have it. I work 6 and 7 days a week. It doesn't affect that at all. I'm a lot calmer when I use it and still full of energy.

January 11, 2011 6:38 PM

Review by ghanson2010:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: It works the best for my sciatic nerve. They tried everything else and this works the best.

November 20, 2010 6:50 PM