User Reviews for Diazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 80 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 299 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Diazepam

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I was given a sample pack, but it has the opposite effects for me, as I had an increase in fear of danger, and worrying, I was extremely focused, and unable to sleep. My doctor has had me test a few anti anxiety meds Ativan, antidepressants, and the only one that works for me is Xanax at a low dose. I would make sure you consult your doctor first on this one."

Miss Trina (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have self managed my anxiety and depression for years. Depression has been the worst factor. My most recent episode came out of the blue and was harder for me to manage as I wasn't depressed. I was hyperventilating, worrying about stuff that wasn't going to happen and was climbing the walls at my partner. The doctor gave me diazepam 2mg after my blood pressure was too low for beta blockers. I've taken my first tablet and I feel more relaxed and able to process my thoughts and breath than I have done for days. I understand that they're addictive but to sort your head and get you on the starting blocks these have been life savers. I can go to work and cope with my mental health problems."

Pez89 September 26, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "My orthodontist prescribed this and it works wonders, I also have Botox injected into my jaw, both work like magic. Insurance covers the Valium but not the Botox."

Lisa98 September 24, 2014

For Anxiety: "Suffered a major panic attack whilst driving 6 months ago, which left me with constant severe anxiety. My doctor put me on citalopram and beta blockers which made things much worse. I was now having panic attacks, night terrors, feeling very suicidal. I was eventually put on 2mg Diazepam tablets. This helped within 20 minutes of my first tablet. I felt slightly less anxious and a bit medicated. Continued taking 2/3 tabs a day for the next few weeks. Dramatic improvement. When I'm feeling a bit dodgy I will still use as and when needed."

mksm1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2014

For Meniere's Disease: "I have vertigo, Meniere's Disease. When I have an attack it gets me out quick, it settles my daily symptoms I bite the pill in halve, just one mg once or twice a day takes symptoms away I would be disabled or dead without this medicine. I take lorazepam. If I go on caveman diet with no dairy, wheat, MSG high fructose corn syrup aspirin alcohol etc etc symptoms disappear after about six weeks but never completely and I carry the medicinr wherever I go."

Big e September 1, 2014

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I have fibromyalgia and a undiagnosed connective tissue disorder and this medicine has helped me with spasms and pain as well as trigger points reduction. Currently using it for a anxiety med as well this medicine has helped with All of the above at the same time taking the place of numerous medications. I feel this should be used as substitute for multiple meds to reduce the amount of potential interactions and unnecessary additional medications."

Lana050513 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2014

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Recently began suffering generalized anxiety disorder, took me to the point of suicide, prescribed diazepam. The 1st time I took it I felt aggressive and annoyed easily however after a few days I can safely say it has greatly reduced my anxiety for now however my doctor has said he will not let me stay on it due to the bodies ability to easily resist the medicine over time requiring greater doses etc. Desperately do not want to try antidepressants again (due to a previous severe reaction). We shall see."

Batman2014 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2014

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anxiety. I take two antidepressants and Buspar and Valium for anxiety. I have begun taking 10 mg of Valium several times a day and it helps calm my million mile an hour brain. I wish I didn't have to take so much medication but to live a normal daily life, they are necessary."

denver4b (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2014

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I started having panic attack, anxiety, which they all led me to insomnia for 4 days I was not able to sleep for more than 1.5hrs. I went to my GP and he prescribed me a dose of 7.5 mg of zopiclone and this tablet acted very fast but only kept me a sleep for 3 hrs . My GP prescribed me 5 mg of diazepam for three days and when I took the first dose of 5 mg I waited and waited it just didn't do nothing and I had even more panic attacks and anxiety. So I decided to take all of them which makes 15mg of diazepam and nothing happens just I felt like really confused and heavy headed after 6 hrs I managed to have some sleep for 8 hrs . I don't think this is the right medicine for me but next day it did make me feel calm and kind of relaxed."

viana555 June 17, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "I tried all the muscle relaxant medicines, then my pain management doctor introduced me to diazepam, the spasms in my legs and fusioned area of my back disappeared overnight. The way I know it works is because if I don't take it the symptoms reappear."

sinclairville June 10, 2014

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I had ended up in the ER a few times with weird problems like not being able to catch my breath and hyperventilating before I even new they were panic attacks. They started me on Ativan but it made me so hyper and loopy I literately forgot a few days so when I was put on Valium it was a God send. It prevents and treats panic attacks without the loopy feeling and It doesn't affect my ability to perform daily activities so I'd recommend it to anyone seeking this type of help."

janee04 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2014

183 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valrelease (diazepam) for ICU Agitation: "works very well"

your boy on the street (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 27, 2014

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "This is a wonderful medicine for anxiety it works within 20 mins and lasts for a long time because of its long half life. However if you are suffering from depression, especially clinical depression I would not recommend taking this. It will worsen your depression symptoms if taken too often. If you started an SSRI antidepressant it can be used early on to help with some side effects like increased anxiety in the first few weeks on the medication."

nocentsonthedollar May 21, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Night Terrors: "I was having night terrors several times a night at the end of my pregnancy. I would awake several times a night believing that the terrible nightmare I had was real, I would be terrified, one night I even woke up believing that I was just touched on my arm and woken up. These are worse than nightmares, they are extremely lucid horrific dreams, your lucky when you actually wake up. Being 9 months pregnant I was very hesitant about taking Valium but there came a point when I had to. The first night I got relief from the night terrors and every night after. It's a great medication for this problem but I would make sure that the benefits always outweighed the risks."

Nikkinicole11234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2014

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been on just about every benzodiazapine there is and Valium (diazepam) is all around the best for combating debilitating anxiety symptoms. It may not be the most potent benzo, but it has wide and equal benzo effects including sedation, muscle relaxation, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant and can be used for insomnia. Now the main reason why Valium is the best is its extra long half life. It's effects can linger for days which is helpful if you have chronic anxiety. It also prevents those ups and downs short acting benzos cause like Xanax and Ativan. Another thing to note is withdrawal from Valium is by far the most mild out of ALL the benzos. This wonderful medication is an oldie but goodie."

AnxietyMike (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2014

279 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Been taking diazepam for a while now, its been helping my everyday life. Since Valium, I've been more upbeat with reality. Only side effect I have is drowsiness. "

Jetted Out (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2014

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Diazepam has helped me with my panic attack and anxiety. I couldn't imagine going back to the old me without it."

mama shelli April 2, 2014

For Anxiety: "I've been on this medicine for over 3 months now and it has been a lifesaver for me, I take three 5mg diazepam a day about every 6 hours and I no longer have the panic attacks, depression has decreased 90%, I sleep at night since my brain can finally shut down, I have hardly any horrible thoughts anymore which plagued me before always worrying that something bad would happen to my kids or family members, I also don't have to get up to go to the bathroom 4-5 times a night anymore. My Dr also started me on Lexapro 3 months ago but I haven't noticed any effects from taking it since the diazepam is so helpful."

RebelRoy February 27, 2014

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I am taking 2mg three times a day for anxiety. The anxiety is much better now and I can go places without having panic attacks. I feel the best I have felt in a long time."

Muffin10a (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2014

186 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "My GP put me on this to help with back spasms and to try and provide some relief from complex regional pain syndrome but I have no relief at all and my pain continues to worsen."

Suze_b18 (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2014

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "Great for muscle spasms"

sid owen February 5, 2014

For Light Sedation: "Very good! I use it for insomnia and I fall asleep in less than 30 mins after taking 10-15 mg. I sleep for 7 hours after that, a completely recovering sleep and I feel very good and awake the next day! I even don't need my coffee in the morning. "

CrisSpain (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 24, 2014

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Used it for 12 years and it was a life saver great medicine."

bluecuda66 (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2014

187 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "It works well for Meniere's disease aka as vertigo but does absolutely nothing for my anxiety/panic attacks. I have been on 7.5 mg twice a day for 7 months prior I was on 5mg twice a day. I gave it a 4 because it helps the Meniere's but not the anxiety. I was also put on Zoloft but had to stop after 14 days do to side effects. I was only on 12.5mg tried 25mg and had horrible side effects."

Anonymous December 23, 2013

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Valium has been a lifesaver for me, I probably wouldn't be here without it. I suffer from severe anxiety, panic disorder and clinical depression. This has got me through some very bad times when I thought I was dying and couldn't cope. I take 10mg during bad spells and it gets me through."

Wayne MCFC (taken for 10 years or more) December 22, 2013

190 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next