User Reviews for Diazepam (Page 5)

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 80 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 317 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Diazepam

For Muscle Spasm: "I've had a bad back for over 50 years. I never lost much work, but as I've gotten older my pain has increased. I was prescribed Norco (180 Tabs per month) for pain in 2005, and in 2009 Valium (120/10mg per month) for increased pain. I took the medicines reverently, with no noticeable side effects. I could work on our 5 acres and sleep. In Oct, 2014, my doctor stopped the valium, citing abuse by youngsters with the 2 medicines. I'm 71 and have never abused them. The pain specialist cut my Norco to 120 tabs per month. Now I'm in more pain and don't sleep well. I'm trying to make them see that The only thing I'm addicted to is being out of pain, and give me my meds back. Please"

Michaelgtheonly February 6, 2015

For Anxiety: "I take this for severe life and death Anxiety and muscle spasms. I take 50 mg per day, 10mg 5 times per day as Directed by my Health Care professional. I have been taking this, vs. Klonopin or Zanax or Ativan or other Benzodiazapenes because of the longer term effects and the muscle spasm decreasing benefits. Have taken between 30 mg per day to 50 mg per day for 2 years now. It does make me lazy. I have had weight gain. I have to exercise and I have to also use caution while driving. I take a high dosage, but without it, I would not be alive. It is as simple as that. I am glad this medication, has been used for decades, tried and true, can cause anger if one does not realize they need to self filter, but it does relax anxiety and muscles."

DrugExpert101 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have tried to Xanax and it doesn't matter how many milligrams I take it has no effect on me. I tried Klonopin which works however when it wears off I get horrible migraines which I found out can be a symptom of for some people. Valium is the only medicine I can take that reduces my anxiety. I ready here in some of the reviews people saying they had extreme anxiety and we're taking to milligrams my anxiety is so bad I take 10 milligrams 3 times a day just to be normal. It works it really works. It may be an old medication and it may not be prescribed very often anymore but I truly believe it is the best."

kimmieflo February 4, 2015

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "This medication works as intended with minimal side effects. Relieves my muscle spasms and takes away the nervousness and bad attitude caused by back pain (not back ache). I take Percocet with Valium. "

Coon dog January 22, 2015

For Anxiety: "It's great."

Yoda444 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2015

For Anxiety: "I am 21 and have suffered from major anxiety attacks and chronic depression the past few years and took every antidepressant tables going which have never made a difference. My doctor prescribed me with 2mg diazepam I took one with a cup of tea and I've never felt so calm and relaxed in my life and slept like a baby for the first time in six months. I highly recommend these if you suffer from the same problems one negative is they give me the munchies."

disco dave93 January 5, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have suffered from anxiety disorder for over 3 years now. Recently I hit rock bottom again and haven't been able to leave the house. I felt terrible. Doctor prescribed me 2mg of diazepam and after 20 minutes I already feel so much calmer. I only have a few days worth (just to help my citalopram kick in) - but it is great at calming you down."

Montymoo January 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "Called my doctor as I was having serious anxiety attacks and panic attacks she prescribed me 2mg twice daily, I have suffered with anxiety all my life the moment. I swallowed the first pill 20 minutes later I can't even explain how perfect I feel no anxiety no panic, calm and so normal it's unreal serious life saver!"

Greekgod (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2014

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Great all around benzodiazepine! Lasts long and is generally mild but does the job!"

Anxiety Mike (taken for 10 years or more) December 22, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I suffer from lower back pain. I had a back fusion in November 2013 about 6 months ago I started having really bad back spasms around the area they did the fusion which was my L-5/S-1. They had me on Flexeril but did not help they tried the Valium and it works. I do not take it every day only when I have the spasms between that and the Percocet it is the only thing that works. But I only take them as needed."

USAF Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have panic attacks the night before air travel and they are horrendous. I am a shivering, cold sweating mess and all I can think about is "I'm gonna die" as my mind becomes compromised and my heart is trying to get out of my chest. Diazapam is great. I take 4mg as I feel the attack starting and the medicine starts taking effect within 30 minutes. After an hour I am much more relaxed and can contemplate sleep. This effect lasts 10 hours then I crash as the medicine wears off and then the symptoms take over. I top up with 2mg as and when needed through the day. A panic attack only lasts up to 10 minutes but the symptoms can last for me up to 24 hours so taking that 2mg now and again keeps me strong. Diazapam means I can travel again."

Richnea1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2014

For Anxiety: "Worked wonders to help my excessive sweating and anxiety from Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, a form of Dysautonomia. Also, helped me to sleep better."

anonymousohio (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2014

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "My muscle spasms in my spine were caused by injury. They have gotten worse with age. BUT, I had Doctors who listened. I cannot take "pain" pills or even NSAIDS. And because of the injury to my head, aspirin in large doses. Valium was prescribed by three Neurologists-but in low doses. The reviews I have read that are negative to Valium have the patients taking doses WAAAY to high. They are creating zombies. I take 6 Mg. a DAY--and it works and I have live with this spine pain--on a cane--for many years. They cannot "cure" it, but Valium has made it possible for me to stay out of a wheelchair. The Doctors who overprescribe are CREATING a problem for the patient. It is a very effective medication, cheap and very mild side effects."

laverdad (taken for 10 years or more) November 25, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I reacted harshly to this medicine. It turns out that I am someone who is sensitive to this medicine and was best prescribed it at the pediatric level of 1mg. Now that we have found the correct dose, it does wonders for large overwhelming panic attacks."

Chaiya (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2014

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I wish I knew the panic I felt was something that I could calm with a single pill. Diazepam works great by just making you feel mellow and relaxed. I take 2mg here and there. My doctor prescribes it when I go through these severe panic episodes where I can't sleep and I become consumed with doom. Diazepam helps to rationalise things and makes me feel like its not the end of the world. I wish one day I wont have to take it but for now I am grateful for it."

Overly-anxious (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I am 19 years old, and have tried all four of the most popular benzodiazepines for my social, general, and nighttime anxiety when several SSRI's failed: Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and Valium. Klonopin made me angry and Xanax didn't last long for me. Ativan did zilch. Valium is like Xanax's effects with Klonopin's long duration! It's the only medication that I can take effectively with no side effects! I take 5 MG only as needed and have no urge to take more. It's mild, kicks in quick, and lasts long. I don't find it addictive at all! Sometimes the oldest medications are the best. Lifesaver!"

JohnyK October 22, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for almost 6 years now. I'm a 29 yr old female and I have tried it all. Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Buspar, Vistril and lots more!!! Valium was the only thing that worked wonders for me, an absolute life saver. My Dr started me off on 2mgs every 8 hrs. But that wasn't strong enough as my anxiety attacks are debilitating!! Now she has me on 5mg 3x a day, and I also take Abilify and an antidepressant. This has saved me. I can drive and go out without feeling like I'm gonna die."

Fallon418 October 16, 2014

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "This is the ONLY medicine in the benzodiazepine family that is useful to me for BOTH panic attacks AND sleep! Great results."

xjunkie4jesus (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2014

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I was given a sample pack, but it has the opposite effects for me, as I had an increase in fear of danger, and worrying, I was extremely focused, and unable to sleep. My doctor has had me test a few anti anxiety meds Ativan, antidepressants, and the only one that works for me is Xanax at a low dose. I would make sure you consult your doctor first on this one."

Miss Trina (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have self managed my anxiety and depression for years. Depression has been the worst factor. My most recent episode came out of the blue and was harder for me to manage as I wasn't depressed. I was hyperventilating, worrying about stuff that wasn't going to happen and was climbing the walls at my partner. The doctor gave me diazepam 2mg after my blood pressure was too low for beta blockers. I've taken my first tablet and I feel more relaxed and able to process my thoughts and breath than I have done for days. I understand that they're addictive but to sort your head and get you on the starting blocks these have been life savers. I can go to work and cope with my mental health problems."

Pez89 September 26, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "My orthodontist prescribed this and it works wonders, I also have Botox injected into my jaw, both work like magic. Insurance covers the Valium but not the Botox."

Lisa98 September 24, 2014

For Anxiety: "Suffered a major panic attack whilst driving 6 months ago, which left me with constant severe anxiety. My doctor put me on citalopram and beta blockers which made things much worse. I was now having panic attacks, night terrors, feeling very suicidal. I was eventually put on 2mg Diazepam tablets. This helped within 20 minutes of my first tablet. I felt slightly less anxious and a bit medicated. Continued taking 2/3 tabs a day for the next few weeks. Dramatic improvement. When I'm feeling a bit dodgy I will still use as and when needed."

mksm1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2014

For Meniere's Disease: "I have vertigo, Meniere's Disease. When I have an attack it gets me out quick, it settles my daily symptoms I bite the pill in halve, just one mg once or twice a day takes symptoms away I would be disabled or dead without this medicine. I take lorazepam. If I go on caveman diet with no dairy, wheat, MSG high fructose corn syrup aspirin alcohol etc etc symptoms disappear after about six weeks but never completely and I carry the medicinr wherever I go."

Big e September 1, 2014

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I have fibromyalgia and a undiagnosed connective tissue disorder and this medicine has helped me with spasms and pain as well as trigger points reduction. Currently using it for a anxiety med as well this medicine has helped with All of the above at the same time taking the place of numerous medications. I feel this should be used as substitute for multiple meds to reduce the amount of potential interactions and unnecessary additional medications."

Lana050513 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2014

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Recently began suffering generalized anxiety disorder, took me to the point of suicide, prescribed diazepam. The 1st time I took it I felt aggressive and annoyed easily however after a few days I can safely say it has greatly reduced my anxiety for now however my doctor has said he will not let me stay on it due to the bodies ability to easily resist the medicine over time requiring greater doses etc. Desperately do not want to try antidepressants again (due to a previous severe reaction). We shall see."

Batman2014 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next