User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 11 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 80 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 255 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I've experienced anxiety attack/panic attacks the last 2 years started off slow attacks then they started getting more frequent . Worried so much that I got rushed to hospital 3 times for over breathing . Anyway I work as a miner and so I have to fly a lot and because of my anxiety was getting worse i started getting attacks in the air that was freeking me out so I went to my doctor and he put me on 5mg of Valium and I tell you what I've never felt better just calms me down and relaxs me can't remember the last time I've had a panic attack its great :)"

Scotteboy June 16, 2013

180 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Very effective against anxiety possibly the best."

Ray1987 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 15, 2013

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Diazepam Intensol (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Works Better Than Ativan(Lorazepam) And Xanax(Alprazolam)!"

Ray1987 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 15, 2013

For Meniere's Disease: "I've had Meniere's since before I got out of the Navy, but was diagnosed with it a year later. The shunt operation didn't work nor did acupuncture, herbs, anything. I turned to diazepam as the last resort. It worked like a miracle. I've been on it now for over 30 years. Unfortunately, the disease has disabled me to where I can't work. Now, VA has decided to discontinue it for me. Not because it works, but because it's Valium. That's all. My advice: stay with a doctor who understands the nature of the disease."

Dimmy 55 May 28, 2013

For Seizures: "I am 34 and have suffered from severe anxiety. To the point that I fear leaving home. In 2010, I started having seizures in my sleep. I have done everything every doctor has asked and nothing works other than diazepam and/or clonazepam. Yet, I am repeatedly refused prescriptions of either. I swear by it as I have no control considering we all need sleep. I am seizure and anxiety free with medication."

jessey820 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 20, 2013

For Anxiety: "It works well for my condition. I am under a great amount of stress and my body would shake I broke out in hives and my heart would beat very fast at times and I was not sleeping at all."

sher55 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2013

Valium (diazepam) for Meniere's Disease: "I have had vertigo/Menieres' since 2003 and Valium seems to be the only medicine that helped me. It takes the edge off of the dizzy feeling the frustration that goes alone with it. My experience is different than most, in that I get dizzy when chopping veggies, washing dishes, sometimes driving on roads with hills (there aren't many where I live thank God!) But it comes and goes and happens almost every day. I think I would probably freak out if my doctor said I couldn't take it any more. "

pcush29 (taken for 10 years or more) March 23, 2013

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "It really helps with my chronic pain I can walk on the treadmill with no hands for 40 min. I was taking it for something else but notice on the treadmill my bad hand just relaxed and let go. "

frogtoad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2013

For Muscle Spasm: "I use it occasionally for migraine prevention and rarely for sedative effects."

Trace Elliot (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 10, 2013

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I'm 36, have social anxiety, GAD, TMJ, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, cluster headaches, & herniated vertebrae. I've taken everything, including 12 years on a high dose of Xanax. After finally convincing a doc to prescribe me Valium, I felt like a different person. It kicks in FAST, but Its long half-life prevents that awful anxiety rebound effect. I find that Valium has a powerful (yet feels gentle) calmative effect on the body as well- which is absolutely wonderful when my muscles & joints are tight. Valium is hands down the best benzo anti-anxiety medication out there."

brettrx (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2013

201 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "It gives me rapid relief of my muscle spasms starting within 10 minutes. It's the only 'as needed' medication I know of, whereas the others I've been prescribed are 'take at scheduled times' meaning they have slow bioavailability and one may be taking unneccessary doses."

InSoMuchPain January 26, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Seizures: "I'm a recent college graduate, who was stricken with 2 grand mal seizures a month for over a year. They were so bad, that I racked up over 30k worth of medical bills. After all this, I went and talked to a bunch of neurologists. Many were garbage, and dictated treatment terms to me. I read a little bit, went to a bunch of doctors, and decided on my own course of action. I'm a male, 6 feet tall, and 150lbs. I started out on 20mg of Valium, and bumped up to 40mg; over the period of a year. It stopped my seizures cold, and didn't give me any side effects. It is, in my opinion, a miracle. "

J.J.J. January 17, 2013

Valium (diazepam) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "Starting taking Valium for nightmares. Yes, it stopped the nightmares, but the next morning was the first time I didn't wake up with a headache in 36 years. I clench my teeth at night, so they pulled ALL my top teeth out and all but 9 bottom teeth out 12 years ago. I still woke up with a headache every day. Now, to learn that all I needed was a little Valium for 36 years! I have 9 teeth left! The Valium works wonders, take my word for it."

4764lisa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2013

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I began taking Valium from doctors in 1968 or 1969 when I was in the Vietnam War and experienced a great deal of combat which affected me very much. It helped. I have been taking Valium for decades. It increases irritability greatly probably because of head wounds that caused brain damage. 1000 to 1200mg Carbamazepine stops or reduces the irritability. Unfortunately, the combination of the two medicines causes tiredness."

Anonymous December 15, 2012

Diazepam Intensol (diazepam) for Anxiety: "It helps calm me down instantly. When I feel like I can breath and that I am drowning in anxiety it truly helps!"

TGBarney (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2012

For Anxiety: "Helped me through the worst feeling in my life up until that time I never thought that my body was capable of those horrible feelings or emotions. Feelings of fear and dread of not knowing how to fix it until EVENTUALLY a very understanding doctor prescribed me diazepam. They gave me hope, they gave me the confidence I needed to fight back from this awful place I was in. I lost weight and weighed only 5 stone 10 pounds because I just couldn't eat but diazepam allowed me to start eating again. I did recover but the experience has left me with anxiety which is now 15 years ago. I struggle every single day and doctors at my surgery are anti-diazepam. I get so scared that my anxiety will get so bad again without them."

Anonymous November 14, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have benign recurrent vertigo and migraine-associated vertigo. Both are a source of extreme anxiety for me, and that anxiety makes the spinning worse. Valium (2.5mg as needed) calms the anxiety within 15 or so minutes, and the vertigo tends to leave soon afterwards. I have had no side effects, save for being very hungry the day after I take it. It gave me my life back."

serotorch (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2012

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I'd highly recommend Diazepam. My anxiety is so much lower. I've only been on it for less than a week and I already feel happier about my life. I feel like it's given me the breathing space to take on things."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2012

For Anxiety: "I am suffering from acute anxiety and severe depression. I was given a 2mg dose of diazepam to take 2-3 up to three times daily. I took one tab and couldn't believe how much it helped me instantly. So far I'm coping with that. On occasions the anxiety is so great it doesn't work. On days I cope on one 2mg tab, know the following day should I be really bad, I up my dose to 3 a day. Truly a life saver only been taking them for 3 weeks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been put on Valium to relieve the muscle spasms and aches due to the reduction of Prednisone, which I have been taking for a long period of time (26 years). Anyway this reduction of Prednisone has caused me quite a bit of muscle spasms, muscle aches, and muscle pain. The 10 mg of Valium relieves the muscle spasms and achiness. I feel the Valium is a God send for my relief. I take one 10-mg tab of Valium every morning when I wake up, as that is when the muscle pain is most severe. The Valium is effective in relieving the effects of the tapering down of my Prednisone level. Valium works very well for me. I rate the Valium a 10 in my relief!"

bobweezl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2012

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "When I returned from my second tour in Vietnam in 1971, I was a "mess" mentally. My diagnosis was/is Generalized Anxiety Disorder. After trying various medicines, my psychiatrist settled on 10MG Valium three times a day. Although certain circumstances will still make me anxious, they are limited and my normal life is fine. Has worked for 41 years! Thank you Valium!"

Old Soldier (taken for 10 years or more) August 17, 2012

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been on Xanax, Ativan and Klonopin, and Valium is the only one that lasts long enough to not make me feel the need to redose just a few hours after taking it. I can forget a dose and not be panicking all day. The slower onset / offset also makes it less addictive for many, so I HIGHLY recommend this."

minuit July 29, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Life Saviour when it comes to severe anxiety and panic attacks."

ellebi (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Diastat AcuDial (diazepam) for Seizures: "It works well to stop seizures when they come in clusters or they are long lasting. My 14 year old daughter uses it and its the only thing that helps when she's having a rough day."

Anonymous July 24, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "This is the best anti-anxiety medicine there is. It doesn't leave you with more anxiety if you don't take your next dose due to the long half life. Xanax and Ativan for example have short half lives so you feel terrible in a few hours. Stick to good old fashioned Valium for Anxiety."

Mikeymike420 (taken for 10 years or more) July 6, 2012

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next