User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 13 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 186 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: 1st prescribed "Valium" upon cancer diagnosis. GP was concerned about my anxiety and especially my ability to sleep with this news. He was right, sleep nearly impossible. Pill worked for me, but initially took 10 mg (especially the first night) to have any effect. I take half a 5mg (2.5 mg) occasionally for general insomnia (had for 10 years before cancer) and especially at night before surgeries/procedures, (8 in < 2 yrs). Afraid to take higher doses because I react poorly to medicines in general and problems with anesthesia the next day. Have to switch off with another medicine when this stops being effective.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 17, 2010 1:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: This medicine has helped my jaw to relax, relieving a lot of the pain. More Doctors should be aware of TMJ and its effects!

October 5, 2010 2:39 PM
Review by leopardeyes: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Light Anesthesia: I was given Valium intravenously for light sedation during a quick medical procedure. It worked very well, but about 30 minutes after the i.v. was removed I became very irritable and depressed and craved more. It also caused a slight temporary personality change in me that lasted the rest of the day.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 26, 2010 10:44 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Works well without any side effects.

September 25, 2010 12:03 AM
Review by Fritohead: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: I take this medication for generalized anxiety disorder (the most common form of mental illness). I didn't start taking it till I was in my late twenties. I have tried Xanax and compared it to the Valium. The Valium has the physical and mental calming effect I personally need. Xanax only calms my body physically while my mind still races toward a wall.

September 7, 2010 5:15 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: I have hyperthyroidism and have suffered with anxiety for over 20 years and Valium is the best medication I've had by far because it does it's job very well. I've been on Doxepin and Celexa and they were hopeless compared to Valium. I take 5mg at night and I get a decent sleep every night and sometimes 2.5mg in the day.

September 2, 2010 8:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Helped more than any other anxiety medicine.

August 15, 2010 9:45 AM
Review by jrk187: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I have tried to get Valium prescribed by the Everett clinic for anxiety and sleep. I found it very helpful for anxiety and it made me feel normal. I was able to think straight and act normal.

August 6, 2010 9:08 PM
Review by bebsxo: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: I was taking 10mg of diazepam. It really helped my anxiety I'm now on 2mg. It really helps to calm you down and helps with anxieties and agitation! It doesn't help me sleep though.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 23, 2010 2:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: I had no idea I had TMJ but actually thought I was getting wisdom teeth because of the pain. I went to a dentist and he gave me Valium and Percocet. He told me to go to my doctor and have them prescribe more as he could not. My doctor thought I was crazy and drug seeking so I could not get anything and still suffering from TMJ. The Valium was very helpful for TMJ, more than anything else I have tried or the doctor has given me instead of Valium.

July 5, 2010 3:10 AM
Review by Eisei: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Unlike some benzodiazepines like lorazepam, which is short acting, Valium is much better for those with social anxiety instead of once in awhile panic attacks. Valium is in the system for longer. Lasting effects are often desired as the medication will not need to be taken as often. This fact has been great for people who greatly fear addiction and overdose as a result of short acting benzodiazepines. I personally, was previously on Lorazepam for serious anxiety. Even though I was on in for several months, addiction or overdose was never a problem for me. However, I don't like taking pills generally, especially very often. Out of safety and convenience I was placed on Valium. It works much better for me.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 12, 2010 10:26 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: I've been on and off diazepam a few times over the last 10 years. The latest is for alcohol withdrawal and it is an absolute God send. I haven't had a drop of alcohol since I got the latest prescription and my appetite has increased and I'm sleeping much better. I was prescribed 30mg a day and haven't needed the full dose most days.

May 23, 2010 9:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: When my dentist first prescribed Valium for my TMJ, I was quite surprised. I had no idea of the correlation of TMJ and Valium. In my case, the Valium works like a charm, I just take as needed when I feel my muscles tightening on me (which will inevitably lead to a TMJ-migraine). The only downfall is that I have to wait until night to take it because it completely wipes me out into dreamland.

May 2, 2010 10:47 PM
Review by Elciddad: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Meniere's Disease: I have been inflicted with an inner ear problem for 40 years. I have been to so many specialist who could not find the cause. The flare ups are devastating and cause me to have dizzy spells that last for a few minutes each time. It occurs when I change head positions in a hurry. When the episodes occur, a combination of Valium and a vertigo medicine works fine. After a few days, I'm back to normal. It has been a blessing and allowed me to keep my job in law enforcement for many years until I retired. The only other alternative was to surgically serve my nerves in my ears so that I would not experience the symptoms. The doctors all agreed this was too drastic and if the medicine works, to stay with it.

March 28, 2010 7:58 PM
Review by bergersee: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: I have been taking valium for the last 10 years. Before I was a raging alcoholic and always put myself in danger because of the effects of the alcohol,it should be illegal because it is a terrible drug, my life has been normal for the past ten years now and I have a happy family thanks to one little pill.

March 27, 2010 1:54 AM
Review by TriedItAll: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: I've had severe GAD and social phobia with light panic attacks on a daily basis for several years so much so that I could not function at work (I work in the mortgage industry - sales related) and the anxiety would KILL the deal because client's would interpret the anxiety as not being confident in the product. Generally also had trouble looking people in the eye, not being able to think straight, stuttering, difficulty making decisions. Psych put me on Xanax, but too sedating and a bit harsh & didn't last very long, was put on Celexa (but this just made me not care about anything and had no emotions, caused mania etc. Clonazepam didn't quite do it.. Started Valium 3 weeks ago a and wow all previous symptoms gone and feel normal!

March 6, 2010 1:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: I have been using diazepam for the last four years. I take 30mg per day along with a combination of two antidepressants and also an antipsychotic drug and nitrazepam 15mg at night. These other medications I have been taking for about 8 years. At first I had heightened suicidal thoughts and ideas of self harm with the diazepam but they decreased as time went on. I find the diazepam more useful sometimes but on other times they don't really do anything especially if I am having a very bad panic attack. My severe depression and anxiety/panic attacks do result in me having to be hospitalized 2 or 3 times a year.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 1, 2010 2:27 AM
Review by happyboy83: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: Anxiety can really have a detrimental effect on ones life but it's just not taken seriously. Nor by the "pull yourself together brigade" or even to some GP's. 3 years ago I became seriously depressed and I visited 5 GP's before I felt I was being taken seriously. Anyway my point is I'm now much better mainly through Valium (3x5mg a day). Anxiety ruins peoples lives.

February 4, 2010 6:35 PM
Review by Matt d: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Night Terrors: I take Valium for night terrors in relation to PTSD and anxiety disorder. I have tried many medications but nothing works as well as Valium does. This includes Klonopin, Xanax, and SSRI's used for this condition that do not work at all.

January 20, 2010 6:20 PM
Review by beckisu92: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I have suffered from anxiety, muscle spasms, nightmares, tremors, restless legs and mood swings. I have taken 5 mg of Valium, sometimes 10mg on and off since an extremely stressful, nightmare of a divorce my ex dragged on for 3 years. My attorney suggested Valium, and my regular Doctor had no trouble prescribing this. 30 tablets will often last 3 months - I've had refills expire, as I only take as needed (since 1995). This medication has been a life saver for me and when I had PMDD (when it was just BAD PMS-in the '90's) I have taken Xanax in the past, and the forgetfulness was unbearable/couldn't drive, withdrawal was immediate and awful. No problem with Valium! My pain dr & regular dr won't prescribe Valium to anyone anymore-long half life? Ativan,buspar didn't help at all.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 20, 2010 4:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

diazepam for Meniere's Disease: Have had Meniere's for 14 months and Diazepam is the only medicine that can short-circuit the awful vertigo attacks. I NEVER leave my home without at least one 5 mg pill on me.

January 9, 2010 7:08 PM
Review by pompey:

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: So far it has stopped the normal vomiting and shaking when I try to stop. I have also had an increased appetite.

January 8, 2010 7:14 AM
Review by gmc12873: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: The Valium really helped with the spasms from my back which was stenosis. I took 5mg in the day and 10mg at night and that will make you run for the bed. Beware if taking the 10mg while you are up because it will knock you out.

December 17, 2009 2:14 PM
Review by tehsalt: User Rating:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Extreme back pain was gone after the first shot. Amazing what this medication does. Only side effect is that it makes you very sleepy which in a way, it could be a good thing so you don't feel the pain (in my case, i found it very useful).

December 14, 2009 2:07 AM
Review by elainejean: User Rating:

diazepam for Anxiety: It is the best. My husband is on this one. Without this we would be lost.

December 13, 2009 9:45 AM