User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 11 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 80 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 247 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

For Muscle Spasm: "I use it occasionally for migraine prevention and rarely for sedative effects."

Trace Elliot (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 10, 2013

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I'm 36, have social anxiety, GAD, TMJ, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, cluster headaches, & herniated vertebrae. I've taken everything, including 12 years on a high dose of Xanax. After finally convincing a doc to prescribe me Valium, I felt like a different person. It kicks in FAST, but Its long half-life prevents that awful anxiety rebound effect. I find that Valium has a powerful (yet feels gentle) calmative effect on the body as well- which is absolutely wonderful when my muscles & joints are tight. Valium is hands down the best benzo anti-anxiety medication out there."

brettrx (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2013

199 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "It gives me rapid relief of my muscle spasms starting within 10 minutes. It's the only 'as needed' medication I know of, whereas the others I've been prescribed are 'take at scheduled times' meaning they have slow bioavailability and one may be taking unneccessary doses."

InSoMuchPain January 26, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Seizures: "I'm a recent college graduate, who was stricken with 2 grand mal seizures a month for over a year. They were so bad, that I racked up over 30k worth of medical bills. After all this, I went and talked to a bunch of neurologists. Many were garbage, and dictated treatment terms to me. I read a little bit, went to a bunch of doctors, and decided on my own course of action. I'm a male, 6 feet tall, and 150lbs. I started out on 20mg of Valium, and bumped up to 40mg; over the period of a year. It stopped my seizures cold, and didn't give me any side effects. It is, in my opinion, a miracle. "

J.J.J. January 17, 2013

Valium (diazepam) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "Starting taking Valium for nightmares. Yes, it stopped the nightmares, but the next morning was the first time I didn't wake up with a headache in 36 years. I clench my teeth at night, so they pulled ALL my top teeth out and all but 9 bottom teeth out 12 years ago. I still woke up with a headache every day. Now, to learn that all I needed was a little Valium for 36 years! I have 9 teeth left! The Valium works wonders, take my word for it."

4764lisa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2013

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I began taking Valium from doctors in 1968 or 1969 when I was in the Vietnam War and experienced a great deal of combat which affected me very much. It helped. I have been taking Valium for decades. It increases irritability greatly probably because of head wounds that caused brain damage. 1000 to 1200mg Carbamazepine stops or reduces the irritability. Unfortunately, the combination of the two medicines causes tiredness."

Anonymous December 15, 2012

Diazepam Intensol (diazepam) for Anxiety: "It helps calm me down instantly. When I feel like I can breath and that I am drowning in anxiety it truly helps!"

TGBarney (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2012

For Anxiety: "Helped me through the worst feeling in my life up until that time I never thought that my body was capable of those horrible feelings or emotions. Feelings of fear and dread of not knowing how to fix it until EVENTUALLY a very understanding doctor prescribed me diazepam. They gave me hope, they gave me the confidence I needed to fight back from this awful place I was in. I lost weight and weighed only 5 stone 10 pounds because I just couldn't eat but diazepam allowed me to start eating again. I did recover but the experience has left me with anxiety which is now 15 years ago. I struggle every single day and doctors at my surgery are anti-diazepam. I get so scared that my anxiety will get so bad again without them."

Anonymous November 14, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I have benign recurrent vertigo and migraine-associated vertigo. Both are a source of extreme anxiety for me, and that anxiety makes the spinning worse. Valium (2.5mg as needed) calms the anxiety within 15 or so minutes, and the vertigo tends to leave soon afterwards. I have had no side effects, save for being very hungry the day after I take it. It gave me my life back."

serotorch (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2012

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I'd highly recommend Diazepam. My anxiety is so much lower. I've only been on it for less than a week and I already feel happier about my life. I feel like it's given me the breathing space to take on things."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2012

For Anxiety: "I am suffering from acute anxiety and severe depression. I was given a 2mg dose of diazepam to take 2-3 up to three times daily. I took one tab and couldn't believe how much it helped me instantly. So far I'm coping with that. On occasions the anxiety is so great it doesn't work. On days I cope on one 2mg tab, know the following day should I be really bad, I up my dose to 3 a day. Truly a life saver only been taking them for 3 weeks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been put on Valium to relieve the muscle spasms and aches due to the reduction of Prednisone, which I have been taking for a long period of time (26 years). Anyway this reduction of Prednisone has caused me quite a bit of muscle spasms, muscle aches, and muscle pain. The 10 mg of Valium relieves the muscle spasms and achiness. I feel the Valium is a God send for my relief. I take one 10-mg tab of Valium every morning when I wake up, as that is when the muscle pain is most severe. The Valium is effective in relieving the effects of the tapering down of my Prednisone level. Valium works very well for me. I rate the Valium a 10 in my relief!"

bobweezl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2012

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "When I returned from my second tour in Vietnam in 1971, I was a "mess" mentally. My diagnosis was/is Generalized Anxiety Disorder. After trying various medicines, my psychiatrist settled on 10MG Valium three times a day. Although certain circumstances will still make me anxious, they are limited and my normal life is fine. Has worked for 41 years! Thank you Valium!"

Old Soldier (taken for 10 years or more) August 17, 2012

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been on Xanax, Ativan and Klonopin, and Valium is the only one that lasts long enough to not make me feel the need to redose just a few hours after taking it. I can forget a dose and not be panicking all day. The slower onset / offset also makes it less addictive for many, so I HIGHLY recommend this."

minuit July 29, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Life Saviour when it comes to severe anxiety and panic attacks."

ellebi (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Diastat AcuDial (diazepam) for Seizures: "It works well to stop seizures when they come in clusters or they are long lasting. My 14 year old daughter uses it and its the only thing that helps when she's having a rough day."

Anonymous July 24, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "This is the best anti-anxiety medicine there is. It doesn't leave you with more anxiety if you don't take your next dose due to the long half life. Xanax and Ativan for example have short half lives so you feel terrible in a few hours. Stick to good old fashioned Valium for Anxiety."

Mikeymike420 (taken for 10 years or more) July 6, 2012

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Status Epilepticus: "Great!"

Anonymous July 6, 2012

Diazepam Intensol (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "Excellent for post-surgical spasm."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I find brand Valium has a significantly higher improvement success. But with the cost difference I have to get what I can afford sadly. When I had better insurance I could get brand. "

RA PAIN (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 15, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Light Sedation: "Very pleasant in a variety of doses."

Big Mike Valium April 26, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "No doctor had been able to diagnose my condition. As a result, I was prescribed 10mg of Valium 3x daily as a crutch indefinitely. At first, I was dim-witted and happy and got SOME relief, but after about a year, I started to become increasingly apathetic, dim-witted, started to have problems with light sensitivity and focus, become uninterested in socializing, and have a personality shift from the funny, charming guy, to a depressed robot with anger spasms, who takes risks just to feel some sense of being alive. After 2.5 years, the physical relief has all but stopped, and an any case I cannot have a life taking this. I am in the process of tapering off of it."

Juijo April 18, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Tetanus: "Good out come with early presentation."

Anonymous March 9, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "I had a lumbar spine op in 1996 and each year have about two severe episodes of muscle spasm in my back, the only thing that brings about quick results is diazepam. If left to its own devices the spasm takes two to three weeks to subside. No side effects but feel relaxed."

Dandfy February 12, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "When I finally got a doctor to prescribe Valium it was a life changing start. I always had social anxiety and was very introverted. After being on Valium I quickly moved up in my company because I could interact and socialize with no fears or anxiety. After a few years I was in charge of up to 50 workers and always got good feedback from customers, and professionals related to our work and was able to focus and enjoy dealing with many different personalities. The only problem was getting very sleepy while driving. "

Anonymous February 10, 2012

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next