User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 11 medications

Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 2 reviews 80 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 20 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 238 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

For Anxiety: "I am suffering from acute anxiety and severe depression. I was given a 2mg dose of diazepam to take 2-3 up to three times daily. I took one tab and couldn't believe how much it helped me instantly. So far I'm coping with that. On occasions the anxiety is so great it doesn't work. On days I cope on one 2mg tab, know the following day should I be really bad, I up my dose to 3 a day. Truly a life saver only been taking them for 3 weeks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been put on Valium to relieve the muscle spasms and aches due to the reduction of Prednisone, which I have been taking for a long period of time (26 years). Anyway this reduction of Prednisone has caused me quite a bit of muscle spasms, muscle aches, and muscle pain. The 10 mg of Valium relieves the muscle spasms and achiness. I feel the Valium is a God send for my relief. I take one 10-mg tab of Valium every morning when I wake up, as that is when the muscle pain is most severe. The Valium is effective in relieving the effects of the tapering down of my Prednisone level. Valium works very well for me. I rate the Valium a 10 in my relief!"

bobweezl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2012

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "When I returned from my second tour in Vietnam in 1971, I was a "mess" mentally. My diagnosis was/is Generalized Anxiety Disorder. After trying various medicines, my psychiatrist settled on 10MG Valium three times a day. Although certain circumstances will still make me anxious, they are limited and my normal life is fine. Has worked for 41 years! Thank you Valium!"

Old Soldier (taken for 10 years or more) August 17, 2012

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been on Xanax, Ativan and Klonopin, and Valium is the only one that lasts long enough to not make me feel the need to redose just a few hours after taking it. I can forget a dose and not be panicking all day. The slower onset / offset also makes it less addictive for many, so I HIGHLY recommend this."

minuit July 29, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Life Saviour when it comes to severe anxiety and panic attacks."

ellebi (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Diastat AcuDial (diazepam) for Seizures: "It works well to stop seizures when they come in clusters or they are long lasting. My 14 year old daughter uses it and its the only thing that helps when she's having a rough day."

Anonymous July 24, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "This is the best anti-anxiety medicine there is. It doesn't leave you with more anxiety if you don't take your next dose due to the long half life. Xanax and Ativan for example have short half lives so you feel terrible in a few hours. Stick to good old fashioned Valium for Anxiety."

Mikeymike420 (taken for 10 years or more) July 6, 2012

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Status Epilepticus: "Great!"

Anonymous July 6, 2012

Diazepam Intensol (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "Excellent for post-surgical spasm."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "I find brand Valium has a significantly higher improvement success. But with the cost difference I have to get what I can afford sadly. When I had better insurance I could get brand. "

RA PAIN (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 15, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Light Sedation: "Very pleasant in a variety of doses."

Big Mike Valium April 26, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: "No doctor had been able to diagnose my condition. As a result, I was prescribed 10mg of Valium 3x daily as a crutch indefinitely. At first, I was dim-witted and happy and got SOME relief, but after about a year, I started to become increasingly apathetic, dim-witted, started to have problems with light sensitivity and focus, become uninterested in socializing, and have a personality shift from the funny, charming guy, to a depressed robot with anger spasms, who takes risks just to feel some sense of being alive. After 2.5 years, the physical relief has all but stopped, and an any case I cannot have a life taking this. I am in the process of tapering off of it."

Juijo April 18, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Tetanus: "Good out come with early presentation."

Anonymous March 9, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "I had a lumbar spine op in 1996 and each year have about two severe episodes of muscle spasm in my back, the only thing that brings about quick results is diazepam. If left to its own devices the spasm takes two to three weeks to subside. No side effects but feel relaxed."

Dandfy February 12, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "When I finally got a doctor to prescribe Valium it was a life changing start. I always had social anxiety and was very introverted. After being on Valium I quickly moved up in my company because I could interact and socialize with no fears or anxiety. After a few years I was in charge of up to 50 workers and always got good feedback from customers, and professionals related to our work and was able to focus and enjoy dealing with many different personalities. The only problem was getting very sleepy while driving. "

Anonymous February 10, 2012

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Years ago they did not have Xanax. I had panic attacks and this medicine saved me from losing my job for fear of driving! IT was my salvation from the terrible panic attacks!"

Daveguess January 13, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "This seems to help the pre-seizure "twitchiness" my spouse experiences, and has the side benefit of helping him to sleep. Also when he gets really agitated before hand, it seems to adjust his mood and make him feel more comfortable. Dose is small, 5 mg as needed."

Anonymous January 9, 2012

Valium (diazepam) for Seizures: "Wonder drug, stops seizures, stops things that can bring on a seizure, stops pain after seizures, stops bad side effects of my other anti-seizure medicines. I could not take any other seizure medicines but Valium helped. Not enough sleep can cause a seizure and Valium helps me sleep."

Anonymous December 22, 2011

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "This was the only thing that gave me some pain relief from severe irritable bowel syndrome, triggered/made worse from anxiety. Thank God for Valium. Only lasted about 3 hrs, but was a low dose of 2mg. Only a small supply was given to me as a short term solution, but I'm so glad I'm finally getting the relief from the anxiety and pain."

Anonymous December 17, 2011

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Valium worked wonders for me when I realized that my anxiety had been making me a shut-in with a low quality of life. Aside from developing an insatiable appetite at first, it seemed like a miracle. Example: I took a Valium before flying and could not find my luggage in baggage claim. Previously, I would have been shaking, crying and sweating. Instead, I confidently walked over to customer service and learned that my bag will come when the next flight arrives. Self-inflicted meltdown averted. It's long half-life, however, can be a blessing and bad. It lasts practically all day, but that also means it makes me a bit drowsy and lazy all day as well."

ArIck December 11, 2011

For Anxiety: "Valium is absolutely wonderful. It will help people with sleep and anxiety, it also has quite a pronounced physical relaxation that I don't quite notice with other benzodiazepines like Xanax, making it useful for muscle spasms and uncomfortable aches. It's definitely the longest-lasting benzo that I've ever had, the sedation lasts well and truly into the next day, sometimes even longer (48 hours) but it fades by then."

Trento December 8, 2011

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: "Valium makes me Stutter about 80% less! Wonderful medicine if taken the right way. I can be normal like everybody else, don't know what I would do without it."

Stuttering-boy November 25, 2011

For Meniere's Disease: "I had episodes since I was 5 yrs old and none of the doctors I went to could help me. These episodes would last for 24 hours before I started to fell better. That would drain me mentally and physically. When I was 23 I was told that I had Meniere's disease and need to start on a low sodium diet no more then 2500 mg a day I'm 26 right now. That helped until I started to have a episodes three times a week and that was having a huge impact on my life. My doctor gave me Valium that I take three times day and that was a life saver in my view. I started taking it over a year ago and no major episodes yet."

Anonymous October 27, 2011

For Anxiety: "Diazepam has helped me a lot. It mostly helped me at night time to sleep, that's when I would take it. Now I am on a quarter and starting to take it every other night only when needed."

26AA October 19, 2011

For Muscle Spasm: "I had surgery on my back in my lower lumbar for stoniness. I am on Valium and Hydrocodone/acetaminophen and the medicines seem to work during the day but when I get up in the morning I can't feel my legs. I then take the medicines and about 30 min's later I'm okay. I still have the pain in the day but not as bad. I am also having erectile dysfunction. I hope this will go away after healing of the back."

Charlie Crazy Bud October 17, 2011