User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Hyperekplexia 0 reviews 13 medications

Tetanus 1 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Diazepam reviews 198 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diazepam

Review by fettes5:

Valium (diazepam) for Light Sedation: For instant light sedation Valium is the number one choice. It is fast acting even in small dosages like 10mg but for full effect 20mg is preferred. Though it can lead to unwanted dependency after a few weeks so beware.

June 29, 2011 6:58 PM

Review by logistician:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: Did little to relieve spasms radiating through leg muscles from lumbar stenosis, which it was prescribed for. Most notable effect was erectile dysfunction.

June 7, 2011 2:15 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Before I had all kinds of problem like stomach aches and I was scared of everything and I lost 45 pounds. I have been taking Valium for about 10 months and I have gained almost all my weight back and I have no more problems at all.

May 19, 2011 2:02 AM

Review by wrecky:

For Muscle Spasm: I have spasms in my lower back due to a car injury. Diazepam works wonderfully.

April 24, 2011 2:29 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I was originally prescribed Valium for mild anxiety. It has helped but amazingly it has stopped my muscle pain from a bulging disc L5. I now suffer no pain at all from the muscles around the disc its amazing.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2011 6:29 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Meniere's Disease: It is the only thing that works well for the vertigo and off balance feeling. Small amounts are all that is necessary, when the episodes occur only.

March 16, 2011 8:00 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: After having such severe anxiety to the point of being suicidal, I have with the help of Valium been able to function again. Valium has saved my life.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2011 7:25 PM

Valium (diazepam) for : I work the night shift 8pm-8am, and would often literally stay awake for 2-3 days at a time. I had tried everything which either didnt get me to sleep at all, or would make me feel groggy and sluggish upon waking. My doctor reccomended I try Valium 10mg when i get home from work, and from day one I have been able to sleep 6-8 hours and wake up feeling refreshed, not groggy. I literally cried that first good sleep I got, after 6 months of severe insomnia, something finally worked!

February 17, 2011 9:48 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: I have a bulging disc @ L5 & S1, also causing sciatica pain. The disc is impinging on a nerve causing numbness and tingling in my lower leg and foot. At times there are spasms that can hurt so bad I will actually jump up out of my chair or sit straight up in bed out of a dead sleep. I have been on pain medicines alone, pain medicines along with muscle relaxers and muscle relaxers alone. I prefer the muscle relaxers alone because they don't seem to make me feel so bad during the day and I can still function and take care of my household. Guess I will find out if that still works after surgery, that is if they decide I need it, I really hope we can find another option to "fix" my back for now.

February 4, 2011 6:35 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Works great just works slowly.

January 19, 2011 2:23 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I have been on 10mg of Valium 3 times a day since 1998 and have had very good luck with it. I have tried other medicines but everything else seems to not work as well. Don't no what I would do if I didn't have it. I work 6 and 7 days a week. It doesn't affect that at all. I'm a lot calmer when I use it and still full of energy.

January 11, 2011 6:38 PM

Review by ghanson2010:

Valium (diazepam) for Muscle Spasm: It works the best for my sciatic nerve. They tried everything else and this works the best.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2010 6:50 PM

For Anxiety: 1st prescribed "Valium" upon cancer diagnosis. GP was concerned about my anxiety and especially my ability to sleep with this news. He was right, sleep nearly impossible. Pill worked for me, but initially took 10 mg (especially the first night) to have any effect. I take half a 5mg (2.5 mg) occasionally for general insomnia (had for 10 years before cancer) and especially at night before surgeries/procedures, (8 in < 2 yrs). Afraid to take higher doses because I react poorly to medicines in general and problems with anesthesia the next day. Have to switch off with another medicine when this stops being effective.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2010 1:40 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: This medicine has helped my jaw to relax, relieving a lot of the pain. More Doctors should be aware of TMJ and its effects!

October 5, 2010 2:39 PM

Review by leopardeyes:

Valium (diazepam) for Light Anesthesia: I was given Valium intravenously for light sedation during a quick medical procedure. It worked very well, but about 30 minutes after the i.v. was removed I became very irritable and depressed and craved more. It also caused a slight temporary personality change in me that lasted the rest of the day.

September 26, 2010 10:44 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Works well without any side effects.

September 25, 2010 12:03 AM

Review by Fritohead:

For Anxiety: I take this medication for generalized anxiety disorder (the most common form of mental illness). I didn't start taking it till I was in my late twenties. I have tried Xanax and compared it to the Valium. The Valium has the physical and mental calming effect I personally need. Xanax only calms my body physically while my mind still races toward a wall.

September 7, 2010 5:15 PM

For Anxiety: I have hyperthyroidism and have suffered with anxiety for over 20 years and Valium is the best medication I've had by far because it does it's job very well. I've been on Doxepin and Celexa and they were hopeless compared to Valium. I take 5mg at night and I get a decent sleep every night and sometimes 2.5mg in the day.

September 2, 2010 8:22 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Helped more than any other anxiety medicine.

August 15, 2010 9:45 AM

Review by jrk187:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: I have tried to get Valium prescribed by the Everett clinic for anxiety and sleep. I found it very helpful for anxiety and it made me feel normal. I was able to think straight and act normal.

August 6, 2010 9:08 PM

Review by bebsxo:

For Anxiety: I was taking 10mg of diazepam. It really helped my anxiety I'm now on 2mg. It really helps to calm you down and helps with anxieties and agitation! It doesn't help me sleep though.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2010 2:26 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: I had no idea I had TMJ but actually thought I was getting wisdom teeth because of the pain. I went to a dentist and he gave me Valium and Percocet. He told me to go to my doctor and have them prescribe more as he could not. My doctor thought I was crazy and drug seeking so I could not get anything and still suffering from TMJ. The Valium was very helpful for TMJ, more than anything else I have tried or the doctor has given me instead of Valium.

July 5, 2010 3:10 AM

Review by Eisei:

Valium (diazepam) for Anxiety: Unlike some benzodiazepines like lorazepam, which is short acting, Valium is much better for those with social anxiety instead of once in awhile panic attacks. Valium is in the system for longer. Lasting effects are often desired as the medication will not need to be taken as often. This fact has been great for people who greatly fear addiction and overdose as a result of short acting benzodiazepines. I personally, was previously on Lorazepam for serious anxiety. Even though I was on in for several months, addiction or overdose was never a problem for me. However, I don't like taking pills generally, especially very often. Out of safety and convenience I was placed on Valium. It works much better for me.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2010 10:26 AM

Valium (diazepam) for Alcohol Withdrawal: I've been on and off diazepam a few times over the last 10 years. The latest is for alcohol withdrawal and it is an absolute God send. I haven't had a drop of alcohol since I got the latest prescription and my appetite has increased and I'm sleeping much better. I was prescribed 30mg a day and haven't needed the full dose most days.

May 23, 2010 9:55 PM

Valium (diazepam) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: When my dentist first prescribed Valium for my TMJ, I was quite surprised. I had no idea of the correlation of TMJ and Valium. In my case, the Valium works like a charm, I just take as needed when I feel my muscles tightening on me (which will inevitably lead to a TMJ-migraine). The only downfall is that I have to wait until night to take it because it completely wipes me out into dreamland.

May 2, 2010 10:47 PM