User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 3 reviews 40 medications

Depression 117 reviews 75 medications

7.2
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 488 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I get depressed, had low energy and serious sexual side effects, Prozac is better tolerated"

mega90 (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "This drug made me feel super high. I felt like I was on meth, couldn't sleep and felt to intoxicated to drive. Quit after a few days."

B in CO May 20, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "This was prescribed for anxiety. I had recently been diagnosed with several sleep related issues as well as my asthma increasing. I have a long standing problem with recurrent bouts of depression which I treat when they are present. I have a history of antidepressants causing an increase of depression. Since beginning Paxil as directed by my doctor two months ago at10 mg daily, I have noticed a gradual increase of both my depressive episodes as well as my headaches... I do have a history of migraines for 20 years due to a head injury."

Pammus May 20, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been very unsure and reluctantly gave in to trying paroxetine as a first anti-depressant I've ever tried. Before I took them my moderate depression (triggered by several major life changes with a huge amount of stress) quickly developed into more severe depression and anxiety. I thought honestly 'anything has to be better than how I'm feeling'. And after months of the box of paroxetine sitting in my drawer which was prescribed by my doctor, I knew I had to try. And I am happy to share that my anxiety was reduced 90% from the second day. What a surprise and a huge relief. The depression symptoms are lifting after only one week. So I am highly praising this medication. I feel the benefits I've so far experienced far outweigh the mild side effects."

Journeytolight May 7, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I used to be a paratrooper but as I aged I developed anxieties that eventually interfered with my daily life. For example I became terrified of flying, driving in winter, or crossing bridges. I got to the point where I would cross a bridge and even though I knew my fears were irrational, I felt like I would pass out when crossing one and would drive many miles to avoid them. I was talking to a total stranger and mentioned my irrational fear of driving in winter and he suggested Paxil. He was a rough neck hunter who developed a fear of climbing tree stands which made him unable to hunt. I figured if it worked for him I should try it! Thank goodness I did! Game Changer! I cross bridges and am amazed I ever feared them!"

Old_Paratrooper_Afraid_To_Fly May 5, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've taken 10 mg for 5 years for panic disorder, and it has drastically improved my quality of life. I also take 10 mg of Buspar because I did experience a very bad panic attack one year ago. I used to take 20 mgs over 5 years ago for 6 months, but it affected my sexual response. I think so long as you take JUST enough, it can really work."

storey. (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was suicidal for many years, I tried NOT to commit suicide but ended up trying 5 times, I started in 180 miligrams of Elavil but craved sweets and gained weight and was always tired. I started on Paxil and have taken it for 20 or so years. I started at 50mg and now take 40mg, I feel completely normal. I haven't gained weight. My diagnosis was Major Endoginal Depression."

janny b May 2, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "I had a hysterectomy in 2002 and went on hormones for a few years, then quit and had no problems. This year night sweats started really bad, waking 5-10 times a night. This drug stopped the night sweats within 3 days, but depression, no motavation, being tired all day and being very irratable I made the decision to wean myself off after 3 weeks. Now after 5 days off I am beginning to feel human again. Side effects weren't worth it for me."

Star02 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "At first, I was a little bit afraid to try Paxil after reading some reviews but I thought to myself anything has to be better than the daily stress and anxiety that I was dealing with. I've been on it for a month and I can absolutely say it's been a life changing experience! I no longer have daily panic attacks and I can go out in public without a care! Before Paxil, I struggled in public situations. I would often feel anxiety and if everyone was staring and judging me. But now I don't even think about it. I just go on with my business and enjoy my days! If you're struggling with daily panic attacks and anxiety like I was, I highly recommend at least giving it a try!"

jlynnej April 27, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Postpartum Depression: "So far it's good I had a bad case of postpartum depression And in less then a month I was feeling like my self again And it really helps my anxiety as well no more panic"

Jasmineee April 25, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "My first anti-depressant/anxiety. Removed any anxiety 95 times out of 100 but at the cost of no emotions within your daily life, basically a rock."

Pops91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Withdrawal is a literal nightmare! Headaches, shock/buzz in ears/head, lump in throat, chills, nightsweats, crying. It's been 5 weeks and MD said gastric distress and nausea may still be from withdrawal. Libido and joy of life are returning but give yourself a month without major social events to get back on your feet."

spotz (taken for 10 years or more) April 22, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Paxil was the first medicine I was ever diagnosed with for general anxiety and depression. Yes, the medicine did stop the anxious crazy non stop thoughts, but it also stopped everything else. I didn't care about anything & nothing bothered me. There was one point I almost got fired at work (or came very close to it) & I honestly did not have a nervous bone in my body, blank faced I listened to what my boss told me I did wrong & said "k" then went on with my day. In other words, you just don't care. Paxil was very weird for me... For the first few days I would feel calm, then for about 2 days I'd get this high that made me feel finally like myself again! Then I would feel like a Zombie. I felt like my mouth was glued shut & couldn't laugh."

Made Me A Zombie (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Amazing. Before Paxil, New social situations in my new city at my new job made me almost faint for no reason. I would break out in a sweat and get extremely nervous and re-think how terribly the conversation went until I started Paxil. I'm on the 12.5 MG extended release which is amazing. The night sweats were bad at first but now I don't sleep with the same comforter I used to and they typically never happen anymore. Dreams can be very vivid and intensified especially if I've drank that evening or taken a xanax. Overall it's seriously changed my life for the better and I haven't gained any weight. One side effect would be sex - for the first month or two if was difficult to reach orgasm but now it's back to normal in month 3-4."

Djfkckdksks (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "I was experiencing severe hot flashes and uncontrolled emotions, crying, angry, and very tired from lack of sleep. I consulted with my doctor and she put me on paxil. I was confused as I am a quiet and always a hard worker with no real problems with depression. Doctor explained that it helps with hot flashes. I am on 10 mg a day that I take a bedtime. I get very tired, yawn all the time, still not sleeping the best, I clinch my teeth together all the time so they are sore, food is not appealing so I barely eat, I do not want to talk to anyone, do not want to work either, no energy and no sex drive. I am told that I will get more adjusted to it and things will right themselves. It has only been 1 1/2 months I will give it a few more."

Menopause Severe Hot Flashes April 3, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Been on Paxil for 8 yrs for generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks and it saved my life! Recently increased from 30mg to 40mg due to relapse from highly stressful events and can already feel it working again."

Natrlee (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 3, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I am back to live a normal life. Almost 2 years ago got depression and anxiety after my divorce and started taking Cymbalta 60 mg. For one year, but was still having problems with anxiety which is one of the side effects of the medicine. Two weeks ago I started taking Paxil 20 mg at night and I noticed change after a week and today I can say that Paxil gave me my life back. Please if you start new medicine give it time and you will see light at the end of the tunnel."

Beachfront April 1, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was so low I tried diazepam then they wouldn't give me them so I tried paroxetine ....I cant do without them or I go back to that place to quick ....I don't like the drug me instead of just me but apparently everybody else thinks different I thought I was alright ....been on them 8 months nearly and don't feel like I even take any they are like tik tacs lol might up to 20mg they are good though I have a bad thought and this paroxetine jumps in with a good one anybody else notice that or am I crazy lol"

parky43 March 30, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on this medicine for a week and a half now and I have regained my life back! The first 4 days on it are hell, but if you just hold on through it, you will notice a world of difference. I can wake up in the mornings feeling like my old self again and go through the day without feeling scared or hyped up. I would definitely recommend it."

Ss868 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "This drug had some terrible side-effects: loss of sex drive, appetite increase (gained 40pds), and I was falling asleep all of the time. I could also drink staggering amounts of alcohol but never feel very drunk. Paxil also made me unemotional to other people's needs - flattening my personality. Best thing I ever did was get off this drug; eventually curing myself of the anxiety that was causing dizzy spells."

Anon88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2015

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Brisdelle for 6 days and to date my severe hot flashes has diminished tremendously. I am so grateful for this relief."

Mahilia25 March 18, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Paxil literally saved my life. I have been on Paxil since I was 26 and I am now 40. Out of the blue, I started having severe panic attacks. My psychiatrist gave me paxil. From that day forward, I have not had any panic attacks. The only reason I gave this medication a 9 out of 10 is because, I gained almost 100 lbs on it. I have since lost 50 lbs. It is a great medication for panic disorder; however for depression, I would take something else."

Pizota (taken for 10 years or more) March 18, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on Paxil for 18 years now. Within the last seven years I have developed severe muscle tightness. I go to massage Thearapist and chiropractor every two weeks... This helps sometimes other times I'm still in pain. I'm going to see a rheumatologist next week who thinks it's I might have an immune disorder since I was just diagnosed with raynauds in my toes. Paxil has helped my anxiety but sometimes I feel like I have no emotions and don't react to things that I should be. Which is good and bad. Take care of yourself if you're not feeling well see if a different medication works are different alternatives!! It just took me 18 years."

Sore girl :/ March 17, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "I have had difficulty with hormonal depression which is why I thought it was prescribed. It stopped my night sweats immediately, now 17 days in, my depression is a little worse. Feeling sad and tired. Not for me but enjoyed the relief from night sweats while it lasted."

57andcounting! (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "My experience has been a positive one, the start up of this drug was a little difficult to get through but after about 8 weeks, wow. I noticed that certain scenarios that would cause obsessive thoughts and anxiety were not happening as frequently and if they did I let them go easily. I began little by little to be brave again and it feels great. I am very sleepy but once I get started it's fine and have increased sweating which is a pain but a lot better than how I was before I started."

Lea28 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015