Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 3 reviews 40 medications

Depression 116 reviews 75 medications

7.2
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 468 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

Review by Jasmineee:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Postpartum Depression: So far it's good I had a bad case of postpartum depression And in less then a month I was feeling like my self again And it really helps my anxiety as well no more panic

April 25, 2015 9:31 PM

Review by Pops91 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: My first anti-depressant/anxiety. Removed any anxiety 95 times out of 100 but at the cost of no emotions within your daily life, basically a rock.

April 25, 2015 2:13 AM

Review by spotz (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: Withdrawal is a literal nightmare! Headaches, shock/buzz in ears/head, lump in throat, chills, nightsweats, crying. It's been 5 weeks and MD said gastric distress and nausea may still be from withdrawal. Libido and joy of life are returning but give yourself a month without major social events to get back on your feet.

April 22, 2015 12:38 PM

Review by Made Me A Zombie (taken for less than 1 month):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Paxil was the first medicine I was ever diagnosed with for general anxiety and depression. Yes, the medicine did stop the anxious crazy non stop thoughts, but it also stopped everything else. I didn't care about anything & nothing bothered me. There was one point I almost got fired at work (or came very close to it) & I honestly did not have a nervous bone in my body, blank faced I listened to what my boss told me I did wrong & said "k" then went on with my day. In other words, you just don't care. Paxil was very weird for me... For the first few days I would feel calm, then for about 2 days I'd get this high that made me feel finally like myself again! Then I would feel like a Zombie. I felt like my mouth was glued shut & couldn't laugh.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2015 3:09 PM

Review by Natrlee (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Been on Paxil for 8 yrs for generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks and it saved my life! Recently increased from 30mg to 40mg due to relapse from highly stressful events and can already feel it working again.

April 3, 2015 6:30 AM

Review by Ss868 (taken for less than 1 month):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been on this medicine for a week and a half now and I have regained my life back! The first 4 days on it are hell, but if you just hold on through it, you will notice a world of difference. I can wake up in the mornings feeling like my old self again and go through the day without feeling scared or hyped up. I would definitely recommend it.

March 25, 2015 7:57 AM

Review by Mahilia25:

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: I have been taking Brisdelle for 6 days and to date my severe hot flashes has diminished tremendously. I am so grateful for this relief.

March 18, 2015 10:45 AM

Review by 57andcounting! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hot Flashes: I have had difficulty with hormonal depression which is why I thought it was prescribed. It stopped my night sweats immediately, now 17 days in, my depression is a little worse. Feeling sad and tired. Not for me but enjoyed the relief from night sweats while it lasted.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 8:24 PM

Review by Jesussavior74:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I've been on Paxil 10mg for 18 years, I used to have severe panic attacks and general anxiety disorder. This has helped me live my life, anxiety is a debilitating sickness that interferes with everything you do in life, but only the people who have it can understand that, I recommend it to anyone who has anxiety.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2015 12:42 PM

Review by kmspots:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: I have been on Paxil for 3 weeks. Previously I was on Lexapro and it worked well, however, I wanted to quit smoking, so was switched to Paxil. I have noticed I am sleeping all night through without getting up at 2 or 3 am and staying up the rest of the night. I do however have the vertigo, but, I have suffered from vertigo for 20 years so I cannot actually attribute that to the Paxil. I also have the appetite loss! I can only eat 1/3 of what I ate previously. So far, so good. I have no problem taking a med for my depression, no different than a heart condition, just much harder to treat! Hoping it keeps going good!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2015 9:01 PM

Review by pongyi (taken for 10 years or more):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: I have been on Paxil for 20 years. I raised my daughter alone while on this medication, and I thank God for it! In 20 years I've had one serious episode, my doctor added Risperidone to my regimen for a few weeks. This helped level me out again. I am happy to report, I believe Paxil saved my life!

March 5, 2015 7:54 AM

Review by 7mike3:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: I was wondering why I had irregular bowel movements for quite some time. I went to Dr. after Dr. explaining my symptoms (constipation, bloating, back pain, dark stool.) Most of them thought I had IBS or an allergy to gluten. I had these symptoms from 2009 till recently. After some thought I decided to switch my medication. My Psychologist wrote me a new prescription and I started to ween of the paxil. 2 weeks into my new medication schedule I started to feel 1000 times better! I go to the bathroom daily now just as a healthy person should. In fact, it seems like my body is trying to make up for lost time. Needless to say, Paxil I feel is the cause of my extreme constipation.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2015 3:34 PM

Review by Hot and bothered:

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: I am beyond furious. Not only did Brisedelle live up to its promise of eliminating night sweats and hot flashes, they failed to mention (as did my doctor) about the side effects when stopping them. After 5 months of taking it, I decided it wasn't working for me. Now, I am left with what I have discovered are "Brain Zaps". There are other ways to help with these symptoms.

February 27, 2015 5:28 AM

Review by Will1322:

For Panic Disorder: I've been on Paxil for a few days now, I can already begain to feel it calming me down and controlling my attacks, seems each day I'm getting a bit better. I hope within the next two weeks it completely eliminates them like it has for so many others. Only time can tell I guess, just wanted to say that it is actually working and making me feel better so if you are suffering like I have my whole life (I'm now a 23 year old male) please look into this. This is the only thing I have found to actually do anything for me whatsoever. Don't live your life terrified you going to have a panic attack infront of people and fear losing your friends and life because of it. Make this move and talk to your doctor about Paxil.

February 14, 2015 1:38 PM

Review by harvco:

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: My hot flashes has reduced tremendously. Initially, I thought it was not working until I stopped taking it. When I went back on the meds I have been almost normal. I am pleased

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 5:30 PM

Review by ktttt (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: This really does work. I've never been more confident and happier. Even my family and friends said something has changed. I also don't get as nervous in intimate situations. Give it a try if you're skeptical.

February 8, 2015 8:53 PM

Review by ugene1234:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Made me feel like I was floating. Lasted 12-18 hours after each dose. I had to stop it to function at all.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 5:15 PM

Review by tokei (taken for less than 1 month):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I had anxiety all of my life and I didn't even know it until 2012 and Paxil change my life and now I'm back to my old self. And I only took it for to months thanks for my doctor given it to me.

February 4, 2015 11:55 PM

Review by Anxiouschic:

For Anxiety: Anxiety attacks. Started on 10mg of paroxetine. Felt a small change, only side affects were diarrhea, dizzy but it went away after about a month. Increased anxiety led me to up dose to 20 mg. I feel amazing now. I can say my thoughts of death have disappeared. I feel happy again, taking one day at a time. DONT keep suffering! Get help

February 2, 2015 2:19 PM

Review by NervouswreckMe:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I have had anxiety all my life but refused medications. I had my second child in 2013 and had post partum depression & anxiety attacks really bad November of the same year. I tried Lexapro but I had a bad reaction to it. My depression, panic attacks got so bad that I quit cold turkey. I went on a few more months without meds, just cried a lot, prayed and one day while in church I had the worst panic attack ever. I thought I was going to die and the thought of leaving behind children made me scared. I decided I have suffered TOO long and I was going to get on medication. My doctor started me on 10 mg of Paroxetine, I had dizziness, increased panic attacks but a low dose Valium helped. I upped dose to 20mg& what a difference! I feel joy again.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 1:41 PM

Review by KateisGrate:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: Made my depression and anxiety worse. Caused more instances of suicidal ideation.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 9:11 PM

Review by Erica0812:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: Works great for my anxiety. Have experienced some negative side effects such as terrible night sweats and "highs and lows".

January 19, 2015 9:53 AM

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I had my first anxiety attack when my oldest son was 2 years old & ended up in the ER. My doctor prescribed Paxil & it really helped. I've been on it for about 16 years now..even took it when I was pregnant with my second child. The only side effect I've really had is weight gain.

January 18, 2015 8:56 PM

Review by Clancabell (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: This is my second time on paroxetine after suffering with severe panic attacks and depression, I was a complete wreck but had to do something quickly! I tried all the self help programmes as well but nothing worked! The doctor put me on another medicine first (sertraline). I was in a state after 3 weeks and severe insomnia, weight loss due to no appetite! So I decided to go back to paroxetine. I started on 5mg and slowly went up to 20mg over about 5 weeks, I'm now feeling so much better, this medicine has helped me get back to my old self and I'm thankful for that! I'm in the UK so don't pay insurance.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2015 4:25 AM

Review by Ashleyyy:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I love Paxil but I have to say I have pur on weight being on it and I have the most horrible vivid nightmares where I can't wakeup. I think it works great for anxiety but I think maybe this medicine has stopped working because I've been on it so long it has improved my life for the better but I'm thinking of changing now cause it just doesn't do the same for me anymore.

January 6, 2015 8:28 PM