Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 3 reviews 40 medications

Depression 114 reviews 75 medications

7.2
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 460 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

Review by Ss868 (taken for less than 1 month):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been on this medicine for a week and a half now and I have regained my life back! The first 4 days on it are hell, but if you just hold on through it, you will notice a world of difference. I can wake up in the mornings feeling like my old self again and go through the day without feeling scared or hyped up. I would definitely recommend it.

March 25, 2015 7:57 AM

Review by Mahilia25:

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: I have been taking Brisdelle for 6 days and to date my severe hot flashes has diminished tremendously. I am so grateful for this relief.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2015 10:45 AM

Review by 57andcounting! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hot Flashes: I have had difficulty with hormonal depression which is why I thought it was prescribed. It stopped my night sweats immediately, now 17 days in, my depression is a little worse. Feeling sad and tired. Not for me but enjoyed the relief from night sweats while it lasted.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 8:24 PM

Review by Jesussavior74:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I've been on Paxil 10mg for 18 years, I used to have severe panic attacks and general anxiety disorder. This has helped me live my life, anxiety is a debilitating sickness that interferes with everything you do in life, but only the people who have it can understand that, I recommend it to anyone who has anxiety.

March 6, 2015 12:42 PM

Review by pongyi (taken for 10 years or more):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: I have been on Paxil for 20 years. I raised my daughter alone while on this medication, and I thank God for it! In 20 years I've had one serious episode, my doctor added Risperidone to my regimen for a few weeks. This helped level me out again. I am happy to report, I believe Paxil saved my life!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2015 7:54 AM

Review by Hot and bothered:

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: I am beyond furious. Not only did Brisedelle live up to its promise of eliminating night sweats and hot flashes, they failed to mention (as did my doctor) about the side effects when stopping them. After 5 months of taking it, I decided it wasn't working for me. Now, I am left with what I have discovered are "Brain Zaps". There are other ways to help with these symptoms.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2015 5:28 AM

Review by harvco:

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: My hot flashes has reduced tremendously. Initially, I thought it was not working until I stopped taking it. When I went back on the meds I have been almost normal. I am pleased

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 5:30 PM

Review by ktttt (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: This really does work. I've never been more confident and happier. Even my family and friends said something has changed. I also don't get as nervous in intimate situations. Give it a try if you're skeptical.

February 8, 2015 8:53 PM

Review by ugene1234:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Made me feel like I was floating. Lasted 12-18 hours after each dose. I had to stop it to function at all.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 5:15 PM

Review by tokei (taken for less than 1 month):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I had anxiety all of my life and I didn't even know it until 2012 and Paxil change my life and now I'm back to my old self. And I only took it for to months thanks for my doctor given it to me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 11:55 PM

Review by Anxiouschic:

For Anxiety: Anxiety attacks. Started on 10mg of paroxetine. Felt a small change, only side affects were diarrhea, dizzy but it went away after about a month. Increased anxiety led me to up dose to 20 mg. I feel amazing now. I can say my thoughts of death have disappeared. I feel happy again, taking one day at a time. DONT keep suffering! Get help

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2015 2:19 PM

Review by NervouswreckMe:

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I have had anxiety all my life but refused medications. I had my second child in 2013 and had post partum depression & anxiety attacks really bad November of the same year. I tried Lexapro but I had a bad reaction to it. My depression, panic attacks got so bad that I quit cold turkey. I went on a few more months without meds, just cried a lot, prayed and one day while in church I had the worst panic attack ever. I thought I was going to die and the thought of leaving behind children made me scared. I decided I have suffered TOO long and I was going to get on medication. My doctor started me on 10 mg of Paroxetine, I had dizziness, increased panic attacks but a low dose Valium helped. I upped dose to 20mg& what a difference! I feel joy again.

January 23, 2015 1:41 PM

Review by KateisGrate:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: Made my depression and anxiety worse. Caused more instances of suicidal ideation.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 9:11 PM

Review by Erica0812:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: Works great for my anxiety. Have experienced some negative side effects such as terrible night sweats and "highs and lows".

January 19, 2015 9:53 AM

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I had my first anxiety attack when my oldest son was 2 years old & ended up in the ER. My doctor prescribed Paxil & it really helped. I've been on it for about 16 years now..even took it when I was pregnant with my second child. The only side effect I've really had is weight gain.

January 18, 2015 8:56 PM

Review by Clancabell (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: This is my second time on paroxetine after suffering with severe panic attacks and depression, I was a complete wreck but had to do something quickly! I tried all the self help programmes as well but nothing worked! The doctor put me on another medicine first (sertraline). I was in a state after 3 weeks and severe insomnia, weight loss due to no appetite! So I decided to go back to paroxetine. I started on 5mg and slowly went up to 20mg over about 5 weeks, I'm now feeling so much better, this medicine has helped me get back to my old self and I'm thankful for that! I'm in the UK so don't pay insurance.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2015 4:25 AM

Review by Ashleyyy:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I love Paxil but I have to say I have pur on weight being on it and I have the most horrible vivid nightmares where I can't wakeup. I think it works great for anxiety but I think maybe this medicine has stopped working because I've been on it so long it has improved my life for the better but I'm thinking of changing now cause it just doesn't do the same for me anymore.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 8:28 PM

Review by CoreyTheFemale (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: Paxil is better than other medicines I have taken for my anxiety by far. But, there are flaws with it. Being forgetful, I forget to take my medicine sometimes, and if I forget, I will get sick due to withdrawal. I am also a very skinny person and a picky eater already, and with taking Paxil, I have an extreme loss of appetite. Eating to me is now a chore and my body will not tell me when I am hungry until I go into shock due to malnutrition. But, all of this is worth it to get rid of my terrible anxiety. It is extremely worth it.

January 6, 2015 9:15 AM

Review by Frenchy69:

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Suffered from Panic Attacks and some depression because of the panic attacks as I was unable to get back to work for three months. Paroxetine has always worked for me without too much side effect. The first few weeks a little nauseous but then it passed as I got use to it (I started with 20mg and now on 10mg). The only drawback is that I've put on weight (one stone extra in the last 7 years but I would rather be a little overweight and well in my head). I've tried to stop on two occasions in the last 7 years by gradually going down to 5mg and then less and then nothing. On both occasion my body reacted well for about 6 months and then out of nowhere I started to have panic attacks again each time. I've decided to keep taking 10mg.

December 31, 2014 6:24 AM

Review by EmilyN19:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: There is a lot of other reviews that I have read that sums a lot of it up. Yes, you will most likely experience yawning, nausea, and headaches at first. It does go away! At first I also noticed a change in my sex life. I could still get in the mood but found it near impossible to orgasm. Also, with sleep, I did feel tired for a bit, but I think it was because I experienced trouble sleeping at first. I found some things that helped fix some of this: I went from 20mg to 10mg a day. I took it right after breakfast. This one is important! Exercise! I started running again and I found that it had an extremely positive effect and it went well with the medication. A lot of the jitters I got at first went away, it helped me sleep better, and more!

December 28, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by Shachar:

For Hot Flashes: Had surgical menopause and started this two weeks before surgery. I am now two weeks past surgery and have not experienced a single hot flash or any other menopause symptom. I sleep great and feel much more calm. It did make me tired for the first week and have brain fog, but that passed.

December 28, 2014 8:58 PM

Review by blue devil (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Hot Flashes: Increased to 30mg. And big improvement. It took 7-8 weeks to help but usually 1-2 hot flashes per day, no night sweats anymore. Love the calming effect. No other side effects. Just waiting for them to stop all together.

December 28, 2014 8:48 PM

Review by HateDamnRobotText:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: Waking up with negative thoughts and anxiety mostly in the morning, most of my life. Due to major problems at work, Dr gave me Zoloft and the like--- all were HORRID. Finally heard about Paxil, got on it, and the days all became sunny, with birds singing outside, even in winter. Was on it (20mg I think) for more than 8 years. The ONLY downside was major loss of sexual interest. Perhaps the dose was too high. Easily weaned off of it 2 years ago, over 1 month, without problems, except that the anxieties are back. At age 70, I may go back on it.

December 24, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by drkatie2:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: I have been on Paxil now for about 10 years. My dosage was 20 milligrams for a long time. Within the last two months I was feeling emotionless. I finally went to my doctor today and described my feelings to her. She changed my dosage to 40 milligrams. I feel better already! If it wasn't for Paxil I would be a basket case like I was before I went on it. I no longer have panic attacks and very little anxiety now. For those who are having a bad experience with Paxil...don't give up. You may need a different dosage or an entirely different antidepressant. Mental fragility is nothing to take lightly. Keep asking for help until you get it. Good luck to all of you.

December 22, 2014 9:57 PM

Review by sassymel (taken for less than 1 month):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I've been on Paxil for 3 days and I honestly can say I've been sleep mostly. Jaws are clicking. But I feel calm .. I hope it works out for Me. I also started meditations so I've been real spaced out. I can barely live my life with my anxiety. I will definitely post in 2 weeks with my progress.

December 14, 2014 11:37 PM