User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

Depression 141 reviews 79 medications

7.1
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 651 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Paroxetine

For Anxiety and Stress: "I been on paroxtine for 3 months and i love it i call it my happy pills. Taking for anxiety and premenopause symptoms. Paroxetine help me alot i feel like a new person. First week was rough. headaches after the first week i was feeling good. I take them at night which fits my schedule. Everyone is different. If your on paroxetine and only suffer with minor side effects. Stick with them the side effects go away."

sweet cheeks99 May 24, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Hello, Paxil ruined my life. The first month was great and then is turned horrible, like horrible. If I missed one pill I would get the most horrendous serotonin withdraw, so horrible my fore head would burn, nose would run, I would snap on anyone around me. Then it just turned into that was just how I was, if one tiny thing went wrong I was the most dramatic individual ever, hysterically crying (like rolling around on the floor crying, sweating hyperventilating) over things that weren't even a big deal. It has put so much strain on my relationships I don't think some are repairable. Coming off of them seemed next to impossible,then I switched brands, the pink ones are like poison the white are bearable. Do not take this drug, seriousl"

Lefony (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2016

For Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Paroxetine for hot flushes which were debilitating at work, I didn't sleep always throwing the covers off/on. It has also helped with my anxiety and panic attacks at work, and mood swings at home that were affecting my marriage, initially i did feel dizzy and had no appetite, it has been 2 months now and I feel so much better on the medication i have also lost 5 kilos due to loss of appetite, very happy,"

penny900 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I attempted suicide a few times and was hospitalized for months. I was out of work and on social security and on other meds from 2008 until 2014. I was taking meds that were extremely expensive and could not afford them. I had relocated and had a new doctor. He decided to try me on Paxil. WOW is all I can say I was like a different person in a very short time. I have gone back to work and now hold down a fulltime position and have a life. It was like a miracle drug for me. My doctor told me I needed to let you know of my success as he was astonished also. THANK YOU FOR PAXIL"

Linda55705gmail.com (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 12, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking Paxil about 2 months ago and it have saved my life. However the first two weeks of taking it was hell. When you first start taking it, your serotonin dips slightly because the drug is trying to adjust to your system. I suffer from a panic disorder and my anxiety was so bad that i had several extreme panic attacks where I have had to call up an ambulance. This happened 3 or 4 times during these weeks and one happened whilst I was driving on the dual carriageway. However these weeks are worth it, i can't even remember how to have a panic attack and my self confidence is as high as it's ever been."

Lois27072707 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was originally put on paxil 2 years ago in order to help me gain weight. After taking it for two weeks, with no noticeable effects (good or bad) I went to light a cigarette and almost threw up. It made me nauseous to even think about smoking. It also seemed to "cancel out" my ADHD medication Vyvanse. However, I still felt alert and awake without the stimulant vyvanse. I stupidly quit taking it after two weeks. I got back on it three weeks ago. So far, it greatly helps with anxiety, but kills my appetite. Not an ounce of weight gain. Side effects have been night sweats and jaw clenching, teeth grinding. It has not helped me feel alert and awake this second time around at all. Not sure why that is."

K.G. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was dealing with anxiety in college my junior year and so I decided to talk to my doctor about it and he prescribed Paxil. When I started taking it, my appetite increased, energy went down, my emotions were just monotonous like I couldn't feel anything. I also gained 15 pounds in 4 months which is not normal for me, especially since I had been working out and hadn't changed my eating habits at all. After being on this drug for 5 months, I am weaning myself off it and I am feeling a million times better. I would recommend a different drug if you are having problems with anxiety."

Anonymous May 8, 2016

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I started with horrific hot flashes sweating all night no sleep. Sweating in meetings going out. Couldn't wear any makeup. I started taking Brisdelle about 6 months ago. I did my research . This medication is a life saver. It's expensive as hell, I found a coupon for it and I only pay a 1/4 of what it costs. There was someone saying how terrific the withdrawal Symptoms are you need to be weened off. Not every medicine you can just stop cold turkey. Read all inserts of medicines you are prescribed. Some meds take awhile to get over side effects. This has been a life saver"

South side May 7, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Crippling, horrible anxiety brought on by menopause. Couldn't take hormones. I went through heck trying many antidepressants. One smart doctor tried me on lowest dose of generic Paxil, never changed the dose, allowed my system to get used to it. It worked like a charm! I am able to work full time and do anything I want. The side effects are minimal for me. Yes, I gained some weight but now enjoy taking walks to exercise. No regrets about trying this med at all. Life saver!"

Ann10 May 1, 2016

For Hot Flashes: "I've been taking Brisdelle for almost a year and it has saved my life. My hot flashes are very infrequent and I can actually sleep at night. I have not any side effects that I'm aware of. Unfortunately, my insurance company refused to pay for it so I'm using the manufacturers coupon. Even with the discount, I'm paying over $70 a month which I cannot afford. When I see my doctor again in June, I will have to get something less costly which I know will not be as effective. I've tried other meds. I'm hoping there is a generic soon or a less costly way to continue taking the drug. It changed my life!!!!"

jcatthelake April 28, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Changed my life. I can function at work--even facilitate meetings-- and have social interactions without the physical "fight or flight" response kicking in. It does make me tired, and there are some sexual side effects, otherwise I would have rated 10."

Some One April 28, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Was diagnosed with panic/anxiety/depression in 1999 by a psychiatrist, and prescribed Aropax (paroxetine), at the tender age of 19. It got rid of the anxiety, and the depression, by effectively getting rid of my emotions. Even when i started taking it i felt that it was changing my personality, from shy to someone who would answer back and didn't care about anything deeply, but being young and naive, assumed that this was what 'normal' felt like. Almost eradicated sex drive. Also made me crave alcohol. Tried to come off several times with absolutely awful withdrawal symptoms. Only managed to get off by switching to fluoxetine(prozac) and coming off that, ten years later. Try therapy first, drugs as last resort. You have been warned."

Matto1979 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 26, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Trichotillomania: "I have OCD, anxiety, and ADHD. I also pick my cuticles everyday. The official name is Dermatillomania and it's closely related to pulling hair out. I've been picking my cuticles for 25 years. There has never been a time when I did not pick them to some degree. I try to hide them and I frequently make them bleed. I take 450 mg of Wellbutrin XL and 25 mg of Paxil (by cutting the pills) daily. I started the Paxil almost a month ago for anxiety. While it has helped a lot with anxiety, it's even more incredible to me that my cuticles are now almost perfect with just one tiny blemish and my nails are long. This is the ONLY time they've looked like this since I started when I was 9 years old. Very, very pleased! No more hiding my fingers!"

RachelSanders409 April 26, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Panic attacks and anxiety were completely gone, but with that came tons of side effects. I gained over 40 pounds and it was IMPOSSIBLE lose until getting off of Paxil. No sex drive and couldn't orgasm at all while on it. It made me a little zombie-like, I didn't have any low emotions but not any high ones either. Coming off of it gave me extreme symptoms like headaches, loss of appetite, sore muscles, insomnia, mood swings, and weird violent thoughts. Will all be worth it though once I'm over the withdrawal period. Positive withdrawal symptom: Weight loss!!"

beckbeck17 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Paxil DOES work to stop panic attacks and general anxiety symptoms. I've had no panic attacks while on it. But my problem with Paxil are its' side effects. I was on Paxil for a few years and had gained weight steadily at the same time. I was trying to lose weight while on Paxil and was unsuccessful, but I didn't blame the Paxil. I went off of Paxil and changed nothing else in my routine & lost 25 pounds in 3 months! I ended up having to go back on it and gained ALL of it back within 1 MONTH. I tried to up my exercise and diet routine to make up for the Paxil, but I can't get the scale to budge more than 5 pounds down. Also, when trying to get off Paxil, the side effects are AWFUL. Wean off VERY SLOWLY! Worst, most addictive SSRI out there."

purplecandle17 April 25, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was taking 10 mg of Paxil for 3 days but was feeling extremely zombie like. Decided to take 25 mg of Zoloft today. Is this safe?"

Jronan (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I take 20mg a day. Has helped with depression, anger and anxiety. Also has helped with stressing over things I shouldn't stress over. I don't mind (as much) going out and being around a lot of people if I have to now. Only negative side effect I've experienced is when having sex its sometimes impossible to orgasm"

Tango6 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I was diagnosed with severe clinical depression and anxiety. I was placed on Paroxetine and have been on them between 20 and 30mg for the last 6 or so years. Along with others here I found it to help out heaps after a period of months, you could not measure the change from this week to last week but rather this month compared to 3 months ago and there was a noticeable positive difference in my mind. The last 6 or so months however I feel like I've plateaued and don't feel as they they are helping me with my inner struggles as much anymore. Definitely saved my life though as I was in a bad bad way. A bit of weight gain but if that's the price for getting better I can handle that :)"

Rob N April 23, 2016

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Prior to getting on the aropax 12.5 I started having anxiety symptoms from nowhere. The meds have improved my quality of life quite a bit."

Zado 10111 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "DO NOT EVER TAKE THIS DRUG. long story short, it can cause mania, depersonalization, mood swings, uncontrollable anger, suicidal thoughts and actions, and it can make your depression and anxiety 10 times worse. It also causes permanent damage to the brain by literally stooping your brains ability to produce serotonin by itself. This is one of the oldest SSRI's on the market, and its short half-life make withdrawals the worst thing ever. The withdrawals are similar to heroin withdrawals and last 3-6 months. If you want to seriously fu** up your life and your brain, take this drug."

MikaBBB April 20, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been taking Paxil since December of 2015. I started out on 10mg, which didn't do much for me, and then my doctor increased it to 20mg, which still was not enough to cease my anxiety. I have been taking 30mg of Paxil for about 4 months now and it has been great. My mood is extremely better and all of my friends and family notice a huge change. I'm a more pleasant person to be around, I don't have panic/anxiety attacks anymore, and I am able to do things that my anxiety didn't allow me to do before. However, when I first started taking Paxil, it gave me a lot of headaches, but they went away as I got used to it. Also, I have been having night sweats and it is hard for me to sleep sometimes, but other than that it is a great medication"

Ashley S April 19, 2016

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "Brisdelle - SUCKS - Why prescribe a medication to help you with the hot flashes YET make you feel miserable (side effect) HEADACHES, nausea, trembling eye, Ewwwww. Really... I rather go thru the hot flashes. BAD BAD medicine. Also I was puking up."

SARI64 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "About 33 years ago, I was diagnosed with anxiety/depression. Was put on Paxil, and it was brought to my attention, that they actually made me worse...more agitated. As I read these posts, I wonder "sure wish it worked for me, like that!! Need less to say, all these years later, my anxiety is thru the roof...HATE groups or crowds of people...I pretty much either go to work or stay in the house, on days off. Makes me nervous to be around people I don't know. Call me crazy, its like a phobia, and I think it's their stupidity! I'm not prefect, by ANY means....but my word, people these days!"

Tawnyalee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "It's week three. Let me start by saying this is my third try at a different depression/anxiety med. And it actually seems to be working. Also I've went from 290 at the dr. Office to 276 in 3 weeks I'm 6'2" so it's noticeable. I use to stress eat, now I don't have the urge to constantly eat. I feel, not full, just in hungry and fine with it? Overall I give it a 9/10 the 1 is because it's only been 3 weeks. Kicks in quick(two weeks for me), go all day with no need for xanax or ativan. I'm also alot less angry. Hope this helps, explore all options. Everyone's different! Never lose faith and force a smile :)"

Casey st. (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I suffered with OCD and anxiety since I was a teen but as I got older I started to develop fears that were never there before and panic attacks started to get more frequent.My doctor put me on paxil and within two months I feel great,the anxiety is under control and my OCD is gone with the fears it created. My side affects are about a 10 lb weight gain and it takes me longer to reach a orgasm which I consider a good thing haha. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from anxiety and OCD."

The Newf (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 14, 2016