User Reviews for Cymbalta

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 133 reviews 63 medications

Chronic Pain 61 reviews 111 medications

5.8
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 874 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took this medication for a year and a half,it worked great for my anger issues but did very little for my depression...It also worked well for my fibromyalgia...The down fall for me was feeling like a zombie 24/7,to the point of not even having energy to clean my house,have a shower daily or even brush my teeth...I just didn't care about anything at all...Not a good way to live "

Janeypooh (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Be careful when taking this medication. I took my first tablet yesterday in the morning and started feeling unwell during the day. Was out at a restaurant for lunch and started feeling so nauseous and burst into tears, and had to leave before my food arrived. Went home and felt so sick I slept for a couple of hours. Woke up and had some food, thought I was starting to feel better but a couple hours after that I collapsed (luckily I was at home with family) and was vomiting and had a severe fever, can't put into words just how horrible I was feeling. Woke up still feeling sick, of course didn't take another tablet, and am starting to feel better now about 38 hours after taking the tablet."

Sally547896 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Sort of worked but I was sleeping all the time. 12 - 14 hours per day and then could not move the rest of the day. Had to stop after 10 days of being a zombie."

No Nickname May 28, 2016

For Depression "I've been on Cymbalta since 2002 and it's changed my life. I haven't had a depressive episode since I've been on it. My sex life is ruined, however. A common side affect for these kinds of meds."

Brightster May 21, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I've been in chronic pain for YEARS..just the other day I took cymbalta..it worked the first day..unbelievable I was amazed.I read a ton of bad reviews so I was sceptical. But it worked..I dont have to take any pain meds at all. I have fibromyalgia small fiber nuropothy degenerative disc disease osteoarthritis lupus.."

Kelly H714 (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2016

For Depression "Over the years, I have tried a lot of different antidepressants. Some have been absolutely terrible for me and others have been alright, but Cymbalta has been life changing. I was initially very worried about taking Cymbalta after all of the horror stories, but it has worked wonders for me. It really is an amazing drug!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Depression "Cymalta has definitely helped me as far as depression and anxiety. Its the only medication that's worked so far. The only problem I've had with it is that it takes away my ability to orgasm and my sex drive in general"

Aspenray88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Chronic Pain "As this medicine may have helped with my nerve pain it's not worth ALL the side effects I've experienced! This drug has horrible side effects! I'm trying to get off the medication 7 days later still have severe side effects! Look at the side effects before you start your regiment."

Rich G May 15, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "Shakiness, jittery, insomnia, sweating, lose of appetite, nausea, dry mouth and bad taste in my mouth. I had no pain relief from Cymbalta at 30 or 60."

AJA123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Depression "I had started with Prozac (20mg) about 4 months ago but it wasn't steadily effective and I felt worse the week before my period... it would also make me tired during the day. The doctor switched me to Cymbalta while weaning me off Prozac as such: - week 1: take 20mg capsule of Prozac with 30mg capsule of Cymbalta a day - week 2: take 30mg capsule of Cymbalta a day - week 3: take 60mg capsule of Cymbalta capsule a day going forth I felt great with Cymbalta just on my first week: more energy, felt kind of high like on E but in a good way...just happy. I experienced a few days of insomnia my first week which which I battled with Melatonin an hour before bed (10mg). I experienced headaches for a few days but that also went away. Feel great!!"

Desertflower123 May 10, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've been on Cymbalta for a few years now (on various doses) alongside clonazepam (0.5mg twice/day) and I have to say its been the worst experience of my life. I was put on it after Effexor XR basically stopped working after 4 yrs.At first cymbalta seemed to "take the edge off". I didnt notice many of the initial side effects because of my severe withdrawal from Effexor.But after about 9 months at 30mg Cymbalta just stopped working and actually started to make me experience anxiety and panic attacks that were insanely intense. I have moved up to 60mg and back down to 30, upped my clonazepam and its just gotten worse and worse. Weight gain (50lbs), severe panic attacks, gad, severe depression, ocd, stomachache, IBS, headache, ..."

Panicatthefreakshow May 3, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have severe anxiety depression. I've tried all the meds out, as my doctor would say. Cymblatla was suggested. And me needing to feel normal tried it. Worst experience of my life. Was on 40mg. Felt like I was having an out of body experience, like someone was pulling me, everywhere. Dr told to stick with it, and lower dose (I actually did, did not recommend talk to Dr first). Nothing changed. I was talking without thinking, having more and more panic attacks and higher anxiety. Absolutely zero libido, and I gained weight. I felt "happy", but a weird happy. So, finally I TELL my doctor for the third time in 9 months, I want off this medication. Withdrawl symptoms no joke. It's been a month and I still have w.d effects"

#areallthegoodnamestaken May 2, 2016

For Depression "I'm going to jump right into the fact that this medication is just not helpful, it takes away my personality, and has brought a lot of suicidal thoughts to mind. I am on 60 my capsule and the way it makes me feel is very empty. I don't feel like I have control of my thoughts and happiness"

Angela Christine May 2, 2016

For Depression "Cymbalta saved my life 2 times. I've been taking those pills (60 mg) for both cases of depression. Everytime this drug worked like a miracle on me. It made me come back to normal. I have felt almost none side effects. First week, just diahrrea, some ticklings and a bit of tinitus. Nothing annoying at all. Then, everything went to normal again. I'm here in part thanks to Cymbalta."

Durauguiru (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 2, 2016

For Depression "I was prescribed Cymbalta for postpartum depression.What I really needed was sleep.I was after having a c-section and taking care of three kids and no help.Now I have been on this drug for 9 years. I have tried several times to get off it. I feel like it has a choke hold around my neck. I am a registered nurse and work full time. I still get depressed while on this drug. When I try to get off it I have suicidal thoughts along with a long list of withdrawal symptoms. I wish I was never put on this nasty drug."

boardwalk70 April 30, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started cymbalta at 24 and I'm now 32... I changed to them after I had my first born but from 18 years old I was on Luvox! Yes first year or so I felt the cymbalta helped me a lot. More then the Luvox ever did. But for about a while now I really have noticed the bad things.... I get a migraine if i haven't taken one by 6pm. I get snappy and angry if I just miss one day... Last yr i Kept forgetting to take my scripted into get filled. After a few days I was yelling and crying and dug myself in a hole! I couldn't get out of bed the war in my head was so bad! My fam even called doctors on me because they were that worried.... The doctors advice was to go back on my cymbalta and start councelling! I want to change it but I hate it!"

LizaMac84 April 30, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Had severe arthritis, knees, hips,wrists, back below shoulder blades also middle in front left pectorial muscle, while in hospital dr gave me cymbalta, after 3 days pain level went from 7 down to about 2 1/2. All pain gone from knees which were in constant pain no side effects that I have notice so far"

THOMAS O (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Back Pain "I would not have taken this medication if I knew it was going to effect my sex drive. I am thankful that I was only on it for a short time and I have stopped taking it a few days ago. I have been married for a longtime but we have a very active sex life now that our children are gone from the house. If I would have known that I wouldn't be able to have a orgasm during sex I never would have agreed to taking this drug. So if you value your intimacy with your partner do not take this drug or expect a lot of frustration !!!"

Mrsofty April 26, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "These pharmaceutical companies need to figure out ways to engineer better medications. I went on cymbalta for about 8 months after a long struggle with anxiety. I had mild depressive episodes as well, but it didn't really bother me and mostly came as a result of having bad anxiety that I felt I couldn't control. Cymbalta was great at first, I seemed to actually lose a little weight (didn't need to but any girl likes to see that) and I had a great mood much of the time. However, I started noticing that it wasn't doing anything for my actual anxiety. It started making me gain weight, I was too tired from the medicine to go the gym, and had a hard time even making it to the library to study (I'm a college student)."

Sophia1234567 April 25, 2016

For Depression "I have suffered from severe depression for over 20 years. Cymbalta the only one thing that has kept me going and feeling normal. I still have a little depression but by far I am way better less breakdown and crying and sadness. Just make sure you have your doctor check your liver. I have not had any liver issues but some people have reported it. Give it a try it is work for me and I know some people out there saying it's the worst but for me it has been a lifesaver"

Colorado Native (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2016

For Depression "I would give cymbalta a 10/10 however I have not been on it long enough to give it a perfect score. I have tried Prozac as well as wellbutrin to help cope with my crippling depression but they just didn't do the job. Before cymbalta I was easily aggitated, hating the world around me, and contemplating suicide. Now it is like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I'm not irritated by small things anymore. I have more motivation. The only downside is have had is some insomnia but it should pass. Don't be scared by all the negative reviews. I was until I took it for myself. Everyone is different however you will have to try it for yourself to know. I take 30 milligrams once a day in the morning."

Dmhoward April 23, 2016

For Depression "The worst decision I have ever made was agreeing to go on this drug. I had no idea about SSRI's and the effects they can have on you and your life. For the first year, I would have recommended it to anyone dealing with depression and anxiety like myself..but that was at a time when I mistaked the numbness for satisfaction. Just over 2 years down the line and I am falling apart. This drug has ruined my life. First I realised the fog I was in. Then came the vertigo and confusion. My memory has deteriorated. Zero sex drive since day one. My depression has worsened and I no longer recognise who I am anymore. My personality has changed drastically and my anxiety is worse than its ever been. I am now weaning off it but the damage has been done."

DoNOTputYourselfThroughThisHel (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Was prescribed for depression, but it affected my panic disorder very much. I went from 6-7 panic attacks a day to 1-2 a week/month. It really really helped with my anxiety overall too. I feel less anxious. The initial 2 weeks were horrible though, increased anxiety, hot flashes. And it interacts with a lot of medications (including vitamin d supplements)"

Nfngkfng (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2016

For Anxiety "Was prescribed for depression, but it affected my panic disorder very much. I went from 6-7 panic attacks a day to 1-2 a week/month. It really really helped with my anxiety. The initial 2 weeks were horrible though, increased anxiety, hot flashes. And it interacts with a lot of medications (including vitamin d supplements)"

Elliotndbfjf April 11, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had depression as far back as I can remember, diagnosed with GA and major depression along with PTSD due to two life changing events I went though. I've tried zoloft (did nothing ) Effexor XR ( Made me sleep 24/7) Celexa ( caused SEVERE anxiety attacks) and just started Cymbolta, on day 7 and I can't believe how much better I already feel at 30mg 1x day. I also just had 2 major back surgeries and am learning to walk again at age 35, yet despite my trials, I feel happier, positive, lowered anxiety etc. First day I did have severe throwing up spells, but that's gone, low appetite still but a good thing for me, INCREASED sex drive & sleep like a baby. I take it at 8 everyday. Good luck, everyone's different!"

Abelslove80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2016