User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 291 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lorazepam

Review by RickyRX (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: My experience with Ativan (lorazepam) has been one I've come to love and set the bar high when it comes to sleep. I developed insomnia as a result of having to take opioid medication for my CRPS/RSD in addition of the fact that I'm slowly recovering from the death of my best friend who passed in 2010. I have been on every insomnia medicine there is. My current regimen of the normal opiate and muscle relaxants, one to 1.5 grams of Keppra, 555mg valerian root, 10mg of melatonin, 25mg of amitriptyline, and adding up to 4mg of Ativan, depending on the next day's tasks. Works like a charm every night.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 28, 2014 5:04 AM
Review by ocd/anxiety girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder and depression. It has worked wonders when I start to suffer. I take 1 mg in the morning and I feel like my old self again. However, I'm starting to wonder if it is causing some of my depression. Once the medicine wears off my mood crashes. I get very emotional, anxiety creeps up, agitated, and very depressed. I pop another one and my mood stabilizes. Another thing, it is very habit forming so don't stop taking it abruptly. Consult your doctor first for a plan.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 23, 2014 5:42 PM
Review by Mmk2017:

lorazepam for Anxiety: At first I hated it. Whenever I took it I calmed down from whatever anxiety attack I was having but it left me feeling like a zombie for the rest of the day. However, I started splitting up the pills (.5mg) into 1/8's and if I felt anxious I would take an 1/8th every so often until it calmed down and that seemed to help with the zombie feeling I got.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 19, 2014 12:44 AM
Review by Alk3whit: User Rating:

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Sedation: Very calming to my anxiety

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2014 2:14 AM
Review by ANNMARIE F.: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I am claustrophobic and required an MRI. The one tablet I took prescribed by my dr. Helped me get through this 1 hr 45 min process. I am grateful.

March 11, 2014 1:02 PM
Review by Flykate1 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder and take this nightly to sleep. This medication works wonderfully for relieving the physical symptoms of GAD which is what it was intended for. Yes this is addictive and has side effects that can affect memory however I don't think I could live without this medication. Anti-Depressants don't touch my anxiety where as this does.

February 25, 2014 8:37 AM
Review by 600 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I had bad anxiety and would go 48 hours without sleeping so I was prescribed this to calm me down and help me slee, which it did worked great. I used it for 3 months till I got on Zoloft I would take 1mg pill 1 hour before bed. What a lifesaver.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 23, 2014 3:41 AM
Review by 1975LRT: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Ativan has made a tremendous difference in my life as my anxiety was out of control and panic attacks were frequent. I don't find that it makes me tired and I like how the effects are quickly felt. I used to take 1 mg but now only take 0.5mg once a day; twice if I need it. I can skip days the odd time if I am at home and things are peaceful. I was put on Valium and couldn't handle that at all - Ativan was a lifesaver for me!

February 21, 2014 7:55 PM
Review by thatjames7: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I took Klonopin in the past and recently was put on Vistral which did next to nothing. I asked my Doc for Ativan and was prescribed 1.5 mg 3X per day and WOW! I slept like a baby last night (just started this medicine yesterday) and feel completely stress free! I rated it 8 as it does start to wear off a tiny bit about the 4-6 hour mark. VERY impressed though and no "hangover" feeling the next morning. Thanks for reading.

February 12, 2014 3:11 PM
Review by vr77 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I took it today after suffering with severe anxiety and it worked quickly on me. My mind relaxed and I wanted to go out with kids.

February 1, 2014 6:00 PM
Review by Kristinsanxious (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: Finally found mixed with Buspar to be effective at 4 mg a day for severe anxiety and panic attacks.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 29, 2014 7:44 PM
Review by carlijo (taken for less than 1 month):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Light Anesthesia: I was having dental work done & he gave me Ativan & I was so glad he did. I did not feel a thing until the medicine wore off.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 26, 2014 8:43 PM
Review by Brooder (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I have severe chronic anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia, and insomnia. Ativan helps me with every single one of them. I've had bad anxiety since i was 20, and I'm 30 now. It's got worse over the years, and I turned to medication when everything else I tried failed. It helps calm me down to the point where I am not scared all the time. It sometimes takes a little while to work, but it's worth it. The only side effects I get are the "spacey" feeling in my head, and my vision is a little messed up. It's a great trade-off, instead of suffering with that anxiety literally all day and night. This medicine is great.

January 22, 2014 6:06 PM
Review by Undergrad (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: Severe social anxiety to the point of not being able to interact with people in public, couldn't go to seminar classes where speaking was required. Would sweat profusely with my heart beating out of chest. Now I take one 1 mg pill most days (not all) along with clonidine daily and I feel fine! I participate in lecture discussions, talk to people around me, etc. Side effects: a slight "nodding" effect" and bit drowsy but I sort of like its cool breeze of sedation. Great medicine!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2014 1:37 PM
Review by Brit65 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: Takes the edge off. Wondered if thinning hair was because of stress or a side effect. Has definitely saved me from having a meltdown though, even though I am on the lowest dosage.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 13, 2014 1:32 PM
Review by Bill710 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: Use 0.5mg a night for insomnia. Works great and puts me to sleep quick. Feel good in the morning.

January 13, 2014 1:18 PM
Review by Hsd: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: It works sometimes while other times it makes me more depressed

January 10, 2014 8:34 PM
Review by rabb: User Rating:

lorazepam for Insomnia: My problem is waking up after 2 hrs deep sleep and unable to get back to sleep. Was prescribed lorazapam 1mg. I cut the pill in half and lay it on my end table. When I awaken from my 2hrs sleep I reach out grab one of the halves and back to sleep for 4 hrs. Generally wake up refreshed. Works well for me. I don't take this on a regular basis. 30 pills will last me 3mos.

December 9, 2013 11:44 AM
Review by DFnB: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin made me irritable & short with people especially as they began wearing off. Xanax are ok but made my food taste better so I gained some. So Ativan several days now and its just perfect. Little sleepy but I'll work through that.

December 6, 2013 1:05 AM
Review by Rahn Allyn: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I've been receiving relief from the intense anxiety l used to feel that started 20 yrs ago by taking 0.5 mg of Lorazepam. Usually only at night until my seasonal work kicks into gear and then occasionally once during the day. But it has been a life saver. The triggering divorce from 20 yrs ago left me depressed and the side effects left me spacey and numb. The doctor who identified the real issue as anxiety and not depression l feel saved my life. I guess there are those who get hooked and/or abuse this drug...but it has been safe for me w/ very few side effects. I'm most grateful that it doesn't make me groggy the next day. I'm up and ready and clear headed. A brief attempt w/ Ambien freaked me out as I couldn't remember driving and stuff.

November 18, 2013 4:02 AM
Review by Optiaine (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: Ativan is the only drug that can stop my vomiting when I'm in the middle of a bad cycle (I have cyclical vomiting syndrome which is triggered by neurally mediated hypotension.) I've never had any nasty side effects. I just get pleasantly loopy and very sleepy which is usually a blessing after staying up all night. I don't have a prescription for it so I end up in the ER a few times a year which is when they give it to me. (By the time it's that bad, I need IV fluids anyway so...)

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 6, 2013 8:11 AM
Review by Big D Alberta: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: With in an hour I could think clear and I was able to think about thing with out that heavy bag of lead around my neck. It allowed me to focus and think clearly. Very, very helpful.

November 5, 2013 11:22 PM
Review by ms.stoptheanxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I've been taking this for about 4 mths as needed it works fine for me for my anxiety I've tried Paxil which made me feel like a zombie and pretty much out of it I hated it hate taking meds but this has helped me curb my anxiety

November 2, 2013 8:16 PM
Review by n810 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Most subtle of the benzos i have tried. Made me sleepy the first hour or two, but then stabilized anxiety and mood for about 6 hours. Much longer lasting than it is given credit for. Good PRN medication. Other benzos cause some moodiness or depression even. Although I think Lorazepam can, it is much smoother than others. It again is too sedating for many people though. I liked it about as good as Clonazepam, it is better than Valium IMO.

October 28, 2013 12:49 PM
Review by Lucy in Chicago: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I have social anxiety & knew I'd literally fail out of grad school if I did not do something about my immense fear of public speaking (when my Social Anxiety is at its worst). I'd have a shaky voice, dry mouth, nausea, my heart would race and I would be physically shaking. Knowing those physical side effects would happen just made me more nervous and make it even worse. I take one of these an hour before my presentations now (and only when I have a presentation, like every few weeks, it's not a daily thing!) & it *definitely* lowers the physical effects so I can get through it, though I still get (way less) nervous. I only get a slight shaky voice, but my heart does not race, no dry mouth, nausea & I don't shake. It was honestly a life saver for me.

October 14, 2013 8:22 PM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next

Living with Advanced MS? View our 7 part video series and learn more. Click Here