User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 481 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "I have taken .05 mg 1/2 pill 2x a day as needed, usually just 1/2 pill before bed to ease anxiety to sleep, there have been times when I was having severe panic attacks & have used up to 2 pill a day. I have GAD & this pill have same me many times from running to the ER. Mental health is no joke. Being very sensitive to meds a small dose helps me, you will need to find what works best for you. Too high dose can cause drowsiness or put you to sleep. I also take Zoloft for anxiety & deoression. Been on these meds for 5 years now, it works for me! Talk to your doctor always, best to be prescribed by psychiatrist since they specialize in these matters. Good luck in your journey! Your never alone there's always help available if you seek it!! "

Lisapet May 13, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Have Gastroparesis. Gag reflex problem. Helps smooth the large muscles. Cannot tolerate side effects of Reglan. Use with Zofran at times."

7527 (taken for 10 years or more) May 13, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I had 2 panic attacks in a week, took this med at er. I though I was dying. My whole body got warm all the classic symptoms. I'm afraid of becoming addicted since the mental health nurse said benzos are becoming a thing of the past due to high addiction rates."

cookie 45 May 10, 2016

For Anxiety: "This drug nearly ruined my life. But, you don't have to believe me. Just go google "lorazepam withdrawal" or "ativan withdrawal" and you can see it for yourself. I was never told how horrific the withdrawal would be from this medicine. I have spent nearly 5 months in extreme anxiety that is nearly 50 times the intensity of the anxiety I had when starting this med. The doctors are not educated on the w/d of this med because the pharm companies do not release these studies because then they wouldn't prescribe it! I became agitated, suicidal, depressed and PTSD-like symptoms from this drug. Not one person warned me and I just took it everyday like the bottle said, many times LESS than prescribed. PLEASE do your research!"

cleangrrl777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2016

For Anxiety: "BEWARE!! Some people have no problem with this benzodiazepine yet there are many who do such as myself. I took it for hyper thyroid. It has ruined the last 14 months of my life!!! Words cannot express the mental and physical torture I experience daily. PLEASE Google Professor Ashton to read the side effects. Visit Benzo Buddies. You will learn about the horrors these meds cause as well as success stories of those who survived this! There has been a bill introduced in Massachusetts to get doctors to warn their patients!! Warn everyone you know! Don't be fooled! My world has been turned upside down and I don't want it to happen to you!!"

mcnj May 2, 2016

For Insomnia: "Works like magic when you need sleep or have anxiety 0.5 is all I need I get the best sleep with it. Seems like I can never fall asleep at night I go back and forth in my mind about taking it because I don't wanna get addicted . But I need sleep so I take it"

Corvette guy April 24, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I'm 19 years old, and I had my first panic attack when I was four. Scariest thing I've ever experienced. I started taking lorazepam about two years ago when I became severely agoraphobic and had what I like to call 'rolling panic attacks' all day long. I started off with .5mg tablets, 1-3 per attack, and now I have 1-2mg script two years later. Not a huge difference at all. It was EXTREMELY difficult for me to get the medication, but as I have a long history of panic disorder, had severe reactions to SSRIs, had done CBT and had debilitatingly long panic attacks of an hour shaking on the floor at a time, it was tried. And I am SO thankful. Unfortunately, every new doctor I see (I moved from Canada to the UK) has a different opionion."

WinterDances (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "This stuff is good. I use 0.5mg and i feel relaxed or 1mg if i have a panic attack. It helps alot and can help with sleep problems. I use it whenever i have anexity not everyday. Havent needed the stuff for 3 weeks so its not addicting for me at all."

TheReviewDude (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Anxiety: "Unfortunately, this did nothing for me. It didn't matter how many I took, it didn't do anything for my panic attacks. It just made me a little sleepy."

ihavemigraines (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

For Anxiety: "Helps with my high anxiety. I take 1mg twice a day and it controls my anxiety pretty well without impairing my motor skills too much."

Lithh (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Lorazepam has always been a miracle drug for me. I have chronic morning motion sickness, I get severe nausea and start to vomit. It gets SO BAD and PAINFUL some times, I end up in the ER. The last 3 times I've been there, they gave me an injection of 4mg Lorazepam, and it worked GREAT! Now I have a Rx for Lorazepam 2mg 3x daily and Promethazine 25mg 3x daily. My motion sickness disappeares when I use Lorazepam. Best medication I've ever taken. 10/10!"

Watson242_2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016

For Anxiety: "Took my first Ativan today and OMG I feel great this works amazing for shortness of breath difficulty breathing knots in the stomach, fear shakes sweats .... It's truly amazing I only took 0.5 and I'm happy I did I was afraid to take it but I'm not anymore it's a great miracle pill"

Syllorenz April 14, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I would like to share my experience with LORazepam - I have Breast Cancer which entailed a right side mastectomy and axillary node dissection (painful) where I am on Hyrdocod 10/300's for pain. I am on my 4th extensive Chemo where the first 5 days after Chemo every food smell causes severe nausea where I cannot eat - I just want to cover my nose. They had me on Compazine (really needs to be off the market at it is a useless drug - did not work during my pregnancies either that and phenergan) - they put me on Zofran - all this did was want to make me sleep with no relief relative to nausea. After consulting with my Oncologist he placed me Lorazepan and would you not know as soon as I took - within 15 minutes the nausea feeling gone!"

KassM (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan has been SO SO helpful for anxiety and panic attacks. It can be addicting so I try and only take it when I really need to; not more than a couple times a week. But it definitely has helped me and I would recommend it to those with bad anxiety."

Kelly Bird (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "3 years ago we discovered a clot inside my heart. I went in for exploring surgery & awoke from a coma 33 days later, it had broke while being looked at & I had a mild heart attack on the table, had to be put into the coma to survive. To make things worse, I was also paralyzed from the waist down. It was too much & I had my 1st anxiety attack. Speed up to now: I've regained part of my ability to walk, it's painful & I can only walk so much. The clot is gone but I still take maintenance meds for it. Sadly I still suffer from regular panic but this drug works great. When I feel myself slipping I take an Ativan & feel better, breath easier, in less then an hour!"

Mickie's Wolfie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2016

For Insomnia: "5 yrs .5 works perfectly with zero side effects."

Marcusroz April 11, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I used to get bad panic attacks, and very severe anxiety, and ativan was the best medication I ever took in terms of completely getting rid of my anxiety. It calmed me down quickly, got rid of my anxiety completely, and made me relaxed and calm. It's very potent and effective. Compared to Xanax I think Xanax works better for regular anxiety and Ativan to me seemed stronger. Also Ativan seemed to considerably elevate my mood compared to Xanax. It's probably best for those occasional severe panic attacks not to be taken too often. Very effective though!"

RobbyR April 9, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had very rare occasions of panic attacks up until last year, when I started the nursing program. 7 weeks in I was having a nervous breakdown crying in my doctor's arms and telling her she will never understand what I'm going through....She said no mam, no tears, try Zoloft consistently and lorazapam as needed. This lead to 1mg of lorazapam and 125mg of Zoloft DAILY! Fast forward to a 2 yrs later, I am a nurse, I still take my ordered dose and feel like I can handle any situation. This stuff really does work and keeps me from having any panic attacks."

SNC719 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "I had trouble getting to sleep, getting a restful sleep and waking up after a few hours and sometimes could not get back to sleep. Even when exhausted my mind was racing a few minutes after I went to bed. I was constantly tired, had no energy to do much during the day. I was prescribed lorazepam, lowest dose to take at bedtime as needed. However, after a year I was having so many up and down days because I wasn't sleeping well every night (tried to take it twice a week, because I don't like to take medications) that my Doctor said to take it every night which I started to do in Dec 2015 and I have had the best sleep I've had in six years. I have fibromyalgia which contributes to the sleep problem. I don't have any side effects."

sleep great (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Out of no where I was hit with amid attacks. Th first one put me in the ER I thought I was dying. They gave me 20 Ativan. They help so much. They don't put me to sleep or a drunken stooper like Xanax. Just perfect. Luckily my attacks have really lessened and I just take when I feel one coming on and it's done. Thank you."

Oclafsti April 4, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "35 years on ativan"

dyslexic333 March 28, 2016

For Anxiety: "After getting into a car accident I fracturing my skull, broke my right arm, and dislocated 3 discs in my back. It led to 5 surgeries, and of course pain management. I got put on Opana 30 ER 2x daily, and Oxycodone 30mg IR 5x daily. The powerful Narcotics led to severe Nausea and Vomiting. I tried Zofran, Promethazine, Hydroxyzine, they worked, but not good enough. I finally got introduced to Ativan, got put on 1mg 3x daily. WOW is the best word to describe it. Now I'm pain free with ZERO nausea, thanks Ativan!"

Ativan_Fan (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This response is for the person whose Doctor won't prescribe Ativan because it's an old drug. I went to a psychiatrist and that's the med he prescribed for me to help me sleep through the night. It had been 3 months since I'd slept more the 6 hours and usually it was 4 hours each night. Ambien got me to sleep but wouldn't keep me asleep. My PCP prescribed trazadone and that was horrific. She then prescribed doxepin and that sedated me but never put me to sleep. After 3 months of this my PCP said for me to go to a psychiatrist to hear my symptoms and prescribe the right med. he got it spot on. By the second night I was sleeping like a baby and able to naps during the if I felt sleepy. I have gotten myself back. I also take Zoloft."

Boston Qualified (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've taken Aleve and Vicodin for my sciatica pain with limited results. Taking lorazepam completely rids me of my hip/leg/back pain which is wonderful! I still have to remind myself to be easy on my hip and not try and clean the whole house because my pain is gone. I half a 1mg tablet so it doesn't sedate me. My intent is to not be completely knocked out. I want to be productive and it allows me that luxury. I know it's not generally prescribed for pain like this, but it sure as hell works for mine. I've had no adverse side effects and it really helps me get through the day without constant pain."

Triciakitty March 25, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Instead of calming me down and relaxing me from my anxiety and panicky feelings it made them extremely worse. I thought I was going to loose my mind. Well actually for a brief time I did. It caused me to have a nervous breakdown. This was only on the second day I took it. I didn't know what was going on or what was happening. I thought I was going to loose my mind and before I knew it I slit one of my wrist. I have never had any intention of doing this before taking Ativan. Thankful help came and I got 8 staples put in my wrist were I cut it. I will never take this medicine ever again. I just warn to be very careful taking this medicine. I have never had any reactions to medicines before until this medicine I took back in Sept 16, 2015."

heartwhispers March 24, 2016