User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

Cervical Dystonia 2 reviews 8 medications

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 361 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "worked great when I started...a year later taking 1mg in the am and 1mg at night...and anxiety is back...interferes with work..."

killer1313 May 27, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Thank God for Ativan. Even though when the stressful situation came up, instead of having a panic attack I was able to stop it with the calm. I do wish it could erase those trigger moments but I'm so glad I can stop them and manage them better with Ativan. I also really like that I can take it on a work day with no side effects or that fuzzy high feeling. It has not affected my sleep or anything else. It's a lifesaver for me. I'm back!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

For Anxiety: "The doctors put my dad who is 95 on Lorazepam because of anxiety but it takes a long time to get in the system, he takes 2 a day and has been for about 8 months and it does not help, if given right at the start of an anxiety attack it takes over an hour to work and then it hardly works at all, and as he has 2 a day you would think it would keep him from having anxiety or at least make it more mild."

Winter2 May 20, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Lifesaver for adrenaline rush feelings. The smallest dose cut in half makes me feel calm, slows my racing heart and heart palpitations, and puts me to sleep. I couldn't have survived lyme disease without it. The only bad things are it will make you tired and after being on it for 2 weeks straight, you're likely to have rebound anxiety. If you have long term anxiety SSRIs are the best choice."

rainbowz May 14, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "In 2011 I began having panic attacks in crowded places. Just going to the mall was hell. The physical sensations were unbearable. After a while the only safe place was home. It got to the point where I was a social hermit. I read reviews about Lorazepam supossedly helping people with anxiety and I thought it was the worth the shot because life at that point was totally unbearable. It absolutely helped with the panic attacks and the physical symptoms, sweating, racing heart etc. I still feel anxiety but it's nowhere comparable to what it once was. I also used the Linden Method. I would guess that both the Linden Method and Lorazepam cut down my symptoms by about 95%."

Laura887 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have GAD and panic attacks. I use celexa 20 MG as my first line and ativan 0.5 twice daily if I need it. I occasionally take it at night when my mind races and won't shut down. Celexa has my anxiety under good control but ativan is my just in case med."

nanamarie May 8, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Very effective for calmness."

vgj (taken for 10 years or more) May 3, 2015

For Insomnia: "It works GREAT!! I'm 32 yo. I have always been a very light sleeper. Toss and turn alll night. Anxiety causes me to lay there and constantly think about everything. I've been on Xanax and too many to name. None work as good as this. So happy every day that I finally get a full nights sleep with no tossing and turning. No side effects. Highly recommend it!!"

Nichole3232 April 30, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from PTSD, depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. I previously took Xanax, but it was too short acting for me. I needed a benzodiazepine that was longer acting, since my anxiety goes on for a long time. I like that Ativan lasts 6-8 hours, in which I need for times of long time anxiousness. However I have realized that smoking cigarettes lessens the effectiveness of benzodiazepines, so I will have to work around that. Anyway, Ativan is great for people like me who have anxiety and panic attacks."

etherealmoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

For Anxiety: "Taken the 0.5 mg tab only when needed for anxiety over a 9 year period. The last 4 years was prescribed the 1 mg. tab to help with my insomnia. Sometimes am able to use half the tab in order to fall asleep. I'm in my 70th year and see my doctor on a regular basis. It has made a positive effect in my life."

marekae (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 11, 2015

For Insomnia: "i take 0.5mg at bedtime. It does make your eyes dry so I use a lubricant eye ointment. Works fine."

Mom two twins (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 10, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 6mg Ativan a day and will do for life, it saved my life there is nothing else to touch a benzodiazepine if your anxiety is off the scale. Yes you get tolerant but what else is there out there NOTHING that works in 20 minutes like Ativan. I am 67 and not going to worry myself with addiction and withdrawal. What would I withdraw to there is nothing out the. I have taken Ativan for 40 years and I am alive, I don't think I would be without it. "

dyslexic (taken for 10 years or more) April 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was on 9mg/day by a very experienced psychiatrist. Sure it affects memories a bit but if you're anxious it works. Choose!"

Dr. Steph Smart (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Works well with anxiety, panic"

jooe473 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 0.5mg everyday before I head out to work. I had my panic at work, and this keeps me calm and able to get through the day. Some days are more stressful than others and I may have to take another 0.5mg, but I never go over the dose I was prescribed. I am so glad my doctor gave me this!"

RaeRae53 March 26, 2015

For Anxiety: "Diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder folowing several health issue including Cancer, pre-cancerous duodenal cyst removal, gallbladder removal, kidney surgery to remove stones. I have tried several SSRI's, several SNRI's, mood stabilizers (antipsychotic) and Remeron. All ineffective for my condition as a matter of fact made it worse. Once lorazepm was prescribe it all changed for the better. No side effects, no forgetfulness, no instability (falling). Without lorazepam I would not make it through the past 4 years. I also tried therapy with 4 diff. Therapists and did get some benefits from CBT. But lorazepm keeps me on an even keel. The only problem I have is all the negativity regarding its use. It works for me in small dosage (1 - 1.5 mg)."

John Shag (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2015

For Insomnia: "Gave me my life back. When my insomnia kicked into full gear I tried every natural method I could for only a temporary fix. After years of running on no sleep I ended up in an emergency room where I was given this medicine and have been taking it ever since. I am able to take it right when I go to bed and awaken normally. 1.5 mg."

Dinoscruzin (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I loved it, when I lost awareness in the Hospital: I was given Ativan. It brought me back to normal. I wish I had some now."

Aracab24 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Ativan works. I just started getting panic attacks in my 40s no real reason for it except maybe aspartame caffeine sometimes emotional but in all I'm not sure why have gotten panic attacks. But Ativan works sometimes I need three pills of .5 mg or sometimes I just need one but I only take them as needed not sure if my doctor is going to continue to give them to me but I definitely need a back up of some kind and it does make you feel better so think goodness for that."

Stella13 January 19, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "I've been on this nightly for about 4 years now because of back pain I don't sleep well. It does a good job of helping me sleep but now it is causing my eyes to become very dry so I will look for an alternative."

skiguy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Someone who has never experienced a full scale panic attack has no idea how incredibly bad it is. I don't know what it's going to feel like to die, but I'm betting it won't be a lot different from a panic attack. It feels like every part of my body is shutting down, and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I would do ANYTHING to keep it from happening again. The only medicine my family doctor will prescribe is lorazepam because its slower onset makes it less attractive for abuse than what you get from Valium or Xanax. I only take it when I feel an attack is about to happen. In my experience the onset of relief is about an hour from a 1 mg dosing. The relief is incredible, and I seldom need a 2nd dose. No euphoria, just feel normal."

Johnnyh (taken for 10 years or more) January 8, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "For post-chemo nausea, this works better than ondanestron (Zofran) for me."

LeniRose December 23, 2014

For Anxiety: "I suffer from social anxiety- it's situational. I can go out to the grocery stores and other things but it usually happens in class. I tried 1mg today and it worked great.. It felt so good to feel calm around people and give good eye contact without my heart racing. It makes me sleepy hours later but I'm fine with that."

Raay_09 December 15, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I found this medicine very helpful in my anxiety."

PCMACLINUX (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 7, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have bad anxiety about medicines. The only reason I began to trust this one was because I was in the ER with really high blood pressure and a headache that had me concurring to shoot my brains out. The nurse gently asked if she could give me something to "bring down my blood pressure" I said yes because I was desperate. I later found out was an anxiety need and it really did the trick. Calmed my butt right down and I felt normal. Finally! I only use when anxiety is getting outta hand. I'm not into relying on pills daily for this type of thing but it makes me feel more safe knowing I have the "antidote" in my bag should I need it. It works for me even when I don't take it knowing it's in my bag."

missriss December 3, 2014