User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

7.6
ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 379 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Wonderful takes stress away"

Jjkm August 28, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have been experiencing terrible anxiety/panic attacks over the last year or so. It all began with my husband's motorcycle accident that led to PTSD followed by panic attacks. Horrific. I landed in the ER on two separate occasions convinced I was going to die. Now that my husband is back to normal I was hoping my anxiety would go away but that is not the case. I am seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist prescribed Effexor and I had really scary reaction to it--like a panic attack on crack. I have sensitivity to SSRIs, it seems. So, now I take Lorazepam as needed and it does help me calm down and is especially useful at bedtime. I only take .5 and it has helped a lot when I've needed to stop the racing thoughts before bed."

NYscorp August 28, 2015

For Anxiety: "I suffer from panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder and ocd. I take 1mg twice daily and am on 40mg of prozac.My disorders are quite severe and on a bad day im housebound.The lorazapem does work well but i do get bad withdrawal in the morning which involves being very anxious for bout an hour or so till my meds kick in which im going to try some different courses of action to try and counter this.Im 36 yrs old and a solo dad so getting well for my son is a big priority for me! My heart goes out to all the anxiery sufferers out there and i suppose we can all hope that we can get the right balance of meds that helps us without to many side effects and be as well as possible! So overall review of this drug is 7/10 good luck!"

steve from auckland nz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "I had a very alarming ADVERSE REACTION to Ativan (Lorazepam), that I never had with any other benzodiazepine, that I'd like to share. My doctor prescribed me 0.5mg of Ativan for my anxiety that I've had since a child. Within an hour of taking my first dose I began to experience SCARY hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. This never happened whenever I took Xanax, Valium, or Klopin, so I don't know what made Ativan different. Not only did Ativan increase my anxiety, but it also caused these disturbing adverse side effects! I personally did not have a good experience with this drug, and threw the rest away. Please be very careful with it!"

AndyAnder August 23, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I'm 19 and this anxiety and OCD had been poured on me out of no where. It scared me so bad I felt like I couldn't live my life. I went to the ER and they prescribed me Ativan 1 mg 3 times a day. It was extremely effective. The first week I was only taking half or sometimes 2. I've been on it for 3 weeks and am waiting to get on a SSRIs for more long term. Ativan is helping me through my days. I am just nervous about withdrawals because I don't take them as prescribed only as needed."

Laurenthorne August 20, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan is a miracle drug. Whoever invented it should have received the Nobel Prize. Zero adverse effetcs, completely safe. I am going through chemo and my beloved old companion cat which I had for over 14 years died after many months of poor health. I felt gripping anxiety for weeks, it felt like my chest was going to explode. I was faced with vet bills and wasn't working. Ativan worked in less than an hour, I felt such relief, and only after 1mg. I take it once, sometimes twice, a day and my life is bearable. Please don't suffer. If you experience anxiety ask you Dr for Ativan, even 0.5 mg may work."

RollaB August 16, 2015

For Anxiety: "Lorazepam works great for my anxiety with no side effects."

SKAgee (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 7, 2015

For Anxiety: "I am 37 and suffered a rare type of heart attack called a spontaneous coronary artery dissection in my LAD (the widow maker). I have no heart disease. I have perfect blood pressure and blood lipids, includes by HDL, LDL, cholesterol, trig, etc. after my HA and based in both the rarity of my event and the mortality rate (80%) I have severe anxiety. I am trying to stop worrying and learn to love my broken heart. This drug saves me weekly. It doesn't mask cardiac distress so I take it when my chest feels right and within 5 min I'm fine. It's 4 dollars cash for a 30 day RX. I take .25 mg by biting a half pull into a fourth. Life saver. It's going to save my career too. This drug has saved my life."

taoTech August 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "Extreme weakness, nausea, problems with memory, lethargic, slow reaction times, constant thirst, stay anxious, very sleepy during the day, no energy, wears off quick, soars at both corners of mouth, dizziness and confusion."

Film critic August 5, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started to take antivan for severe panic attacks. It did calm me down but left me extremely tired in the daytime. I was so tired that I was not able to function well at work. It was helpful at night though. Also, I was told that I could not take this medication for long term use. Eventually, I switched to Celexa and got relief that allowed me to not feel as tired."

MisoCat July 27, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have tried Promethazine (Phenergan), Zofran (Odanestron), and Hydroxyzine (Atarax), and I can honestly say, all those medications DID work pretty good for me. Promethazine being the best, followed by Zofran, and then Hydroxyzine to list them in order. But once I tried Lorazepam (Ativan) it blew all the rest away! It's such a god send. I've always had stomach problems where in just a matter of minutes my stomach becomes SO nauseas it starts to hurt me so bad and I would get dehydraded and would need Medical assistance (ER) But not anymore, Ativan took that all away!"

ATiVAN1mg July 23, 2015

For Insomnia: "My doctor started me off on 1mg 3 times/day and I kept trying less (with doctor permission) and am now down to .25 in afternoon and at bedtime with an additional .25 during night if needed - it works fine for me and minimal side effects."

Senior++ July 18, 2015

For Cervical Dystonia: "I have cd since 8 years....i used all drugs started with botox....know i used 2mg ativan tab and 1mg artan which are the best i used for cervical dystonia....regards..."

emad ahmed (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have been having trouble with anxiety and for more than 30yr. I have tried everything. My Dr. put me on lorazepam and don't know if going to work."

hotrod77 June 27, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I am taking 1mg 4x daily. I have had some deaths in my family and have been more anxious. Should my dose be increased?"

kvam (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I'm as stubborn as it gets when it comes to taking medicine. I've been on just about everything for anxiety/ panic attacks. I began having panic attacks 5 months ago and have been living in complete fear. I couldn't even buy groceries without feeling like I was being pulled to the floor. I have every physical symptom of panic. Racing heart, chest pain, dizziness, I've even hyperventilated so bad that I've passed out. This medicine works. My doctor gave me 1mg tablets that are scored. I take half a mg and the panic is instantly gone for the entire day. It's a life saver. I really dread when I have to come off this medicine because it makes me feel human again, which is why I give it a 9/10."

Kat92 June 15, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've been prescribed lorazepam for six plus years. It started for what I found out was anxiety due to a very stressful work environment and caring for my aging mother...I couldn't manage life. I sometimes I couldn't sleep either. I started taking lorazepam as needed...approximately 20 to 30 minutes before an exceptionally stressful situation and it worked great. I was able to slow down, omit the anxiety so I wasn't reactive and make my points in a clear and concise form. I started taking them for sleep, to stop the committee from meeting in my mind 1 to 2 mg as needed. I never feel sedated in the morning they work great. My physician thought it would be prudent to transfer me to Valium because I've been taking lorazepam to long....now"

The Female Version if the Mad Hatter June 10, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Honestly, I have been taking ativan for 2 years now 1mg twice daily. It does help but it should be used as a tool for panic attacks NOT A SOLUTION. I have tried so many anti-depressants as well such as cymbalta, cipralex and a couple more. The best thing is to talk to close friends and family or even a psychiatrist. talking to people and venting is honestly the best thing you can do for yourself even though it takes a lot of will power to do it. I would love to hear other people opinion."

shaner June 1, 2015

For Anxiety: "worked great when I started...a year later taking 1mg in the am and 1mg at night...and anxiety is back...interferes with work..."

killer1313 May 27, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Thank God for Ativan. Even though when the stressful situation came up, instead of having a panic attack I was able to stop it with the calm. I do wish it could erase those trigger moments but I'm so glad I can stop them and manage them better with Ativan. I also really like that I can take it on a work day with no side effects or that fuzzy high feeling. It has not affected my sleep or anything else. It's a lifesaver for me. I'm back!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

For Anxiety: "The doctors put my dad who is 95 on Lorazepam because of anxiety but it takes a long time to get in the system, he takes 2 a day and has been for about 8 months and it does not help, if given right at the start of an anxiety attack it takes over an hour to work and then it hardly works at all, and as he has 2 a day you would think it would keep him from having anxiety or at least make it more mild."

Winter2 May 20, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Lifesaver for adrenaline rush feelings. The smallest dose cut in half makes me feel calm, slows my racing heart and heart palpitations, and puts me to sleep. I couldn't have survived lyme disease without it. The only bad things are it will make you tired and after being on it for 2 weeks straight, you're likely to have rebound anxiety. If you have long term anxiety SSRIs are the best choice."

rainbowz May 14, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "In 2011 I began having panic attacks in crowded places. Just going to the mall was hell. The physical sensations were unbearable. After a while the only safe place was home. It got to the point where I was a social hermit. I read reviews about Lorazepam supossedly helping people with anxiety and I thought it was the worth the shot because life at that point was totally unbearable. It absolutely helped with the panic attacks and the physical symptoms, sweating, racing heart etc. I still feel anxiety but it's nowhere comparable to what it once was. I also used the Linden Method. I would guess that both the Linden Method and Lorazepam cut down my symptoms by about 95%."

Laura887 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have GAD and panic attacks. I use celexa 20 MG as my first line and ativan 0.5 twice daily if I need it. I occasionally take it at night when my mind races and won't shut down. Celexa has my anxiety under good control but ativan is my just in case med."

nanamarie May 8, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Very effective for calmness."

vgj (taken for 10 years or more) May 3, 2015