User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 314 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lorazepam

Review by KeishaCakes (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: My Anxiety started when I had a big CNA state test. I was so damn nervous and shaking I could have sworn I was going to stop breathing. From there on I kept having anxiety of being nervous feeling of being scared to drive and etc thinking and feeling stupid. My doc tried me on 0.5's and my hands aren't shaky from nerves I have been more social and speaking up more. I feel so much better and I'm thank full for lorazepam.

July 16, 2014 9:19 AM

Review by Lynette in Texas (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: Have been having every day adrenaline in chest with heavy feeling, diagnosed with anxiety after 8 trips to ER. Started Zoloft but it made my anxiety ten times worse. I now take 0.5mg of Ativan as needed, it helps get through the day. I am usually dizzy on most days and have a heaviness in chest.

July 3, 2014 2:36 PM

Review by Omega529 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: This is an amazing medicine in my opinion, THE BEST FOR ANXIETY AND PANIC DISORDERS! It is the only anxiety medicine I have ever tried and allows me to be able to get over that attack feeling quickly, and then continue the rest of the day normal again without getting so tired I have to sleep. With Ativan I am able to stay awake and functional, for the rest of the day! Work, ball game, whatever I'm doing that day I can take just 1mg and be fine the rest of the day without being to tired or sluggish the day after. I know that everyone is different but I speak on behalf of my own experience. But if you haven't found something to help you personal disorder I would definitely recommend talking to your doctor about Ativan.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2014 7:31 PM

Review by Magy99:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I was diagnosed with Graves/Hyperthyroidism in Feb 2014, I was given 1 mg of Lorazepam on one of my trips to the ER because of my Hyperthyroidism. This medication is the best in it's class, I also occasionally take propranolol 10mg for heart palpitations, they both work perfect together. Already had RAI 4 weeks ago but am having bouts of hyper till thyroid is completely off. The 0.5 mg doesn't do much but the 1 mg is Excellent.

July 2, 2014 7:03 PM

Review by Lestress74 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I have taken Lorazepam for ten years. I use it sparingly, and it does the job, mostly at night when I cannot sleep and I have to use it when I get my bouts with arrhythmia, as it calms me down enough so I can get through it and stop it. I do not sleep well at all, and so even just a half of a pill works, all in the mind. I take 0.05Mg. which is nothing, but for me it has been a life saver. I have never had side effects, and I never take more than is needed. I think the most I ever took, was two in one day. Sometimes I go three or four days without it, and then if I am really stressed, I take one and work on getting calmed down. My life is in stress mode all the time for the past ten years or more. It works.

June 22, 2014 2:24 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Had a major panic attack back in January - never had one before (no family history) - horrific feeling. Had to be taken by an ambulance to local ER. Doctor there gave me prescription for 15 5mg pills in case anxiety came back. One day sitting at my desk I started feeling 'lightheaded' and knew something wasn't right. An anxiety was starting to build - your body automatically starts to scan itself for any problems. Took one pill and 30 mins later I was back to normal - my mind wasn't racing anymore. Lorazepam works great for me. I always carry with me anywhere I go - just in case.

June 18, 2014 2:52 PM

Review by Cathy00:

For Insomnia: I had real bad anxiety, which put me in the hospital. This medicine saved my life. It calms my soul, and stops my minds from racing to where I can't sleep and I'm exhausted and irritable the next day. When I was not sleeping and stressed out I would sleep for about 3 hours, which did not help my heart, I have bradycardia - slow heart rate. So imagine that on no sleep. I can't say enough about it, except it saved my life. I hope this helps!

June 16, 2014 11:44 PM

Review by Ms G.:

For Anxiety: It makes me sleepy. I like to be alert.

June 15, 2014 6:30 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: I have panic disorder and generalized anxiety. I take 1 to 2 mg sublingually when fighting anxiety or at the onset of a panic attack. I took one at the onset of an attack this morning, and within 5 minutes I could breathe again, my hands returned to normal temperature, and I was able to focus on getting the kids ready for school. I'm glad that 1mg is strong enough to prevent an attack, and that it doesn't dope me up - just calms me down and eases the physical issues.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by Joe Panicky Bloggs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: One day, while I was waiting for the train to take me home from gym, I started to feel my upper torso muscles progressively stiff. A few seconds after the train closed its doors, it became much more intense and I started to panic. My heart started to beat very fast for short periods of time and I could not breath properly. Also, my arms and face felt funny, I really thought I was going to have a heart attack and die in there. Thankfully, I made it home and I went to the city hospital in the afternoon. I had my heart checked with very positive results, and my doctor prescribed me these 1 mg pills. They've helped me abort a few panic attacks in the last weeks even taking half a pill, with no noticeable side effects

June 12, 2014 7:45 AM

Review by Slimmmz:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Amazing it works so well.

June 11, 2014 4:34 PM

Review by SinatraFan:

For Anxiety: Had a sort of nervous breakdown during a trip. Could not catch my breath and could not sleep for 4 days. Horrible feeling of anxiety. Dreaded the night. Started 1mg Ativan at night only. Was a God-send. Worked like a charm and gave me my life back. I went to therapy and continued the nightly 1 mg for 3 months. Became dependent as everyone does. I then "pill chopped" my way off from 1mg to less than 1/2 mg over the next 3 months. After 6 months I was off completely. Feel good and glad to be pill free for 5 weeks now. Properly used - this medicine can be a lifesaver. I still have them for peace of mind but find now I can live without it.

June 4, 2014 9:09 AM

Review by boomer68:

For Panic Disorder: I had my first panic attack last week. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack and dying. My heart was fine, and I was told it was panic attack. I had never had this before. At the ER, the doctor gave me Lorazepam. It seems to keep me calm. I read that once you have these attacks, you are more prone to them. I sure hope they don't happen often! Scary situation it was.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 1:42 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks that happen unexpectedly. I am also taking an SSRI with the Ativan but the Ativan is on an as needed basis and has helped tremendously the tightness in my chest is relieved and the irregular heartbeat slows down, anxiety and panic is a very scary thing to experience and Ativan has helped me get through those tough times, would absolutely recommend it.

June 3, 2014 10:56 AM

Review by Delia Marie (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I have really bad flight anxiety but wanted to travel to a family reunion so my Dr. prescribed Lorazepam. I only took 1/2 of a 1mg pill an hour before my flight and I was completely calm for the entire 4 hr flight. I thought it might make me sleepy but I was awake and alert and talked with my family member the entire flight. It was a life saver.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2014 7:17 PM

Review by Marie Theresa:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Lorazepam is the only one of the many medicines I've been given with my chemo that stops my stomach from feeling like someone is at it with a blow torch. I take it every night to help me sleep---1mg once or twice a day. I really need it the first 2 weeks after chemo.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 9:56 PM

Review by MnAMccarty (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I just barely started having anxiety attacks, and I am 18. Almost 19. I went to the insta care and they gave me this prescription, at first I took a half of one it made me feel way weird, but I have been taking lower then a half. It's been Calming me down, been really tired though.. And been vomiting and going to the bathroom a lot. I don't know if that's good or not. It's harder for me to sleep at night.

May 24, 2014 12:31 AM

Review by ktowngirl:

For Anxiety: Got it for flight phobia and even I hate medication but this is the best ever. I am so calm before and during the flight and all I take is a quarter. I even looked out of the window and found it pretty. Without this medication I would never do it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by Soundchain (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Loved it, love it still but no longer allowed prescriptions due to strength & dependency issues. Was taken as needed to treat anxiety and worked relatively quickly, generally would feel better within ten minutes. Took one almost everyday for 8 wks before going on antidepressants and then had to taper off them. Have kept a small amount on me for extremely bad days though.

May 17, 2014 12:09 PM

Review by bodhibelle:

For Anxiety: On medication for 20 years. Stopped abruptly. Proud I stopped but didn't know I needed to taper. Have been very fuzzy in my head since stopping approx 3 weeks ago. Dizzy, short tempered, noise sensitive. Good medication but people need education on discontinuing medication.

May 14, 2014 1:47 PM

Review by Sunshinesmb:

For Anxiety: Lorazepam has saved me from anxiety many times. I personally believe this medicine is best used when needed rather than every day. When I take 0.5mg, I feel relaxed and my mind is clear, all my worries seem minuscule. It seems to slow down my cycle of constant worry. It does take about 45 minutes to really kick in, and peaks about 2 hours after taking it. The effects last 4-5 hours. If I take 1mg, the amount it lasts stays roughly the same, it's just a stronger feeling and does make me very tired. Taking it when needed is a life saver. However, I have taken 0.5mg every day for a week once and when I stopped, I felt a slight increase in anxiety and other symptoms such as insomnia and diarrhea that lasted 1-2 days. GREAT when anxiety is unbearable.

May 9, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by Sill (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Best anti-anxiety medicine.

April 26, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Phone cord:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Ended years of misery, acid reflux, etc.

April 19, 2014 7:32 PM

Review by RickyRX (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: My experience with Ativan (lorazepam) has been one I've come to love and set the bar high when it comes to sleep. I developed insomnia as a result of having to take opioid medication for my CRPS/RSD in addition of the fact that I'm slowly recovering from the death of my best friend who passed in 2010. I have been on every insomnia medicine there is. My current regimen of the normal opiate and muscle relaxants, one to 1.5 grams of Keppra, 555mg valerian root, 10mg of melatonin, 25mg of amitriptyline, and adding up to 4mg of Ativan, depending on the next day's tasks. Works like a charm every night.

March 28, 2014 5:04 AM

Review by ocd/anxiety girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder and depression. It has worked wonders when I start to suffer. I take 1 mg in the morning and I feel like my old self again. However, I'm starting to wonder if it is causing some of my depression. Once the medicine wears off my mood crashes. I get very emotional, anxiety creeps up, agitated, and very depressed. I pop another one and my mood stabilizes. Another thing, it is very habit forming so don't stop taking it abruptly. Consult your doctor first for a plan.

March 23, 2014 5:42 PM