User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 327 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lorazepam

Review by lenalena (taken for less than 1 month):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Long story short, I am terrified of medication , the first time I took Ativan I had already got myself all worked up about having to take it that when I did I went into full blown panic attack. It was not because of this med , it was my own doing. The second and third time I took it, it worked well . Allowed me to get through the entire day like myself again. Even took the depression away that I have caused from anxiety . I have only taken it 3 times in the last month since was prescribed it . Since I've read how addicting this can be I have been very careful about taking it only when I really need it.

November 7, 2014 10:54 AM

Review by lena1990 (taken for less than 1 month):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I Have only taken my Ativan 3 times in the past month that I have had it. I really try to take it only on the times I can't control my anxiety and can not work because of it. I am so against taking medication including this one but the second and third time I took it I was happy I did. It allows me to function and get through the day feeling good. It really does take the edge off and also calms my heart rate, As it usually is always beating faster throughout the day just from being anxious. Even though I still get paranoid about having to Take this medication when I really need it , I end up being glad I did. It works! I personally have no side effects either from this med.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Jlemaire:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I was on this med during chemo and it worked fine during the first 4 months. After that I started getting uncontrolable crying spells. Would just burst into tears for no reason. Found out this was one of the side effects. Believe me I don't cry easily at least until I was on lorazepam. Even went to a psychologist twice and even she wasn't sure why I was there since I don't have issues to work out. Other than the crying problem I did like this med. it worked well for me during the first 4 months of chemo. Good luck!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by 23, Male (taken for less than 1 month):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I have been taking Ativan for a few days while I wait for Lexapro to kick in. It has been a life saver. It has allowed me to eat and sleep, which has been huge in this fight against anxiety. It really helps mellow me out and take the edge off.

October 25, 2014 7:41 PM

Review by phildar (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Insomnia: Have taken lorazepam now for a year only on and off when insomnia becomes unbearable. They are little life savers only take 0.5 mgs, took 1 mg once and had a bad day next day depressed and drowsy the whole day. Menopause is a challenging time with the awful insomnia. I have also taken night nurse and sometimes 3 mgs melatonin. It is hard to get doctor to prescribe the tablets but they are worth taking just to get one nights sleep.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2014 2:15 PM

Review by Rob in Seattle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: Used it for claustrophobia when undergoing throat radiation therapy for cancer. Worked great. Also used it for an MRI on my shoulder. I don't have anxiety/panic attacks but for these medical procedures it worked great.

September 23, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by JL840:

For Anxiety: I was prescribed Zoloft 60mg twice a day. I didn't like the Zoloft and now take Lorazepam 1mg 3 times a day, it makes a world of difference.

September 16, 2014 11:07 PM

Review by tiffanytwisted (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I was having major panic attacks to the degree that I could not function. I'm terrified of all medicine, but when youre having anxiety to that degree, you're willing to try most anything for relief. I started out taking 0.5 mg 2-3x/day. Built up a tolerance after a few wks and was increased to 1 mg, but I don't take that dosage unless necessary. This med has helped me so much with no side effects that I can tell.

September 15, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by Kenamaro:

For Insomnia: Started taking 2mg. Before bed...able to sleep for 5-6 hrs. Feeling tired , fuzzy most of next day. Worried all day about sleeping . Improved sex life, greatly improved ejaculation control.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by Kimberly Anne Miller:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I have a severe Anxiety. It comes and goes. Sometimes I can control or sometimes I can't. Up to now it has been really bad. So my doctor perscribed me Ativan. Just took it this morning. So far It's helping but sometime if my Anxiety gets far to worse and I take the Ativan sometimes it takes a while for it to calm or slows down.

September 12, 2014 4:53 PM

Review by tiredofanxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Took it for 3 months 2.5 mg and did not help the anxiety, it made it worse. I am tapering down.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 9:00 PM

Review by Joe9393:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: I was given Ativan for occasional use. I try to use it once every week or once every ten days for sleep. (0.5mg). I'm lucky that I don't have to use it any more regularly because I don't work right now. I find that it helps me relax to sleep, and I wake up feeling and looking rested. The looking rested part is important because it tells me how good it is at actually calming the anxiety. I know that when my anxiety is high, even if I sleep 10hrs, I'll wake up tired and looking tired. But I think this medicine actually does a good job of getting rid of that anxiety, so your body can rest and get into some level of "deep" sleep. But absolutely, really only use it on the day that you must.

August 9, 2014 11:57 AM

Review by JanetCStone (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: The loss of my best friend has changed my world. I have the worse time getting to sleep because I can't deal with not be able to talk to her anymore. I pray a lot and say thank you Lord over and over like my mantra and sometimes that works. Now Lorazepam has become my close friend as it puts me to sleep and stops the racinG thoughts that are RELENTLESS! I take between 2-3 mg one hour before bed time, because I also take it for anxiety in the day at times. Once in he ER I was given 4mg intravenously and it knocked me out. I had worked a 19 hour shift and my heart was racing. I love my Lorazepam.

August 4, 2014 1:04 AM

Review by KeishaCakes (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: My Anxiety started when I had a big CNA state test. I was so damn nervous and shaking I could have sworn I was going to stop breathing. From there on I kept having anxiety of being nervous feeling of being scared to drive and etc thinking and feeling stupid. My doc tried me on 0.5's and my hands aren't shaky from nerves I have been more social and speaking up more. I feel so much better and I'm thank full for lorazepam.

July 16, 2014 9:19 AM

Review by Lynette in Texas (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: Have been having every day adrenaline in chest with heavy feeling, diagnosed with anxiety after 8 trips to ER. Started Zoloft but it made my anxiety ten times worse. I now take 0.5mg of Ativan as needed, it helps get through the day. I am usually dizzy on most days and have a heaviness in chest.

July 3, 2014 2:36 PM

Review by Omega529 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: This is an amazing medicine in my opinion, THE BEST FOR ANXIETY AND PANIC DISORDERS! It is the only anxiety medicine I have ever tried and allows me to be able to get over that attack feeling quickly, and then continue the rest of the day normal again without getting so tired I have to sleep. With Ativan I am able to stay awake and functional, for the rest of the day! Work, ball game, whatever I'm doing that day I can take just 1mg and be fine the rest of the day without being to tired or sluggish the day after. I know that everyone is different but I speak on behalf of my own experience. But if you haven't found something to help you personal disorder I would definitely recommend talking to your doctor about Ativan.

July 2, 2014 7:31 PM

Review by Magy99:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I was diagnosed with Graves/Hyperthyroidism in Feb 2014, I was given 1 mg of Lorazepam on one of my trips to the ER because of my Hyperthyroidism. This medication is the best in it's class, I also occasionally take propranolol 10mg for heart palpitations, they both work perfect together. Already had RAI 4 weeks ago but am having bouts of hyper till thyroid is completely off. The 0.5 mg doesn't do much but the 1 mg is Excellent.

July 2, 2014 7:03 PM

Review by Lestress74 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I have taken Lorazepam for ten years. I use it sparingly, and it does the job, mostly at night when I cannot sleep and I have to use it when I get my bouts with arrhythmia, as it calms me down enough so I can get through it and stop it. I do not sleep well at all, and so even just a half of a pill works, all in the mind. I take 0.05Mg. which is nothing, but for me it has been a life saver. I have never had side effects, and I never take more than is needed. I think the most I ever took, was two in one day. Sometimes I go three or four days without it, and then if I am really stressed, I take one and work on getting calmed down. My life is in stress mode all the time for the past ten years or more. It works.

June 22, 2014 2:24 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Had a major panic attack back in January - never had one before (no family history) - horrific feeling. Had to be taken by an ambulance to local ER. Doctor there gave me prescription for 15 5mg pills in case anxiety came back. One day sitting at my desk I started feeling 'lightheaded' and knew something wasn't right. An anxiety was starting to build - your body automatically starts to scan itself for any problems. Took one pill and 30 mins later I was back to normal - my mind wasn't racing anymore. Lorazepam works great for me. I always carry with me anywhere I go - just in case.

June 18, 2014 2:52 PM

Review by Cathy00:

For Insomnia: I had real bad anxiety, which put me in the hospital. This medicine saved my life. It calms my soul, and stops my minds from racing to where I can't sleep and I'm exhausted and irritable the next day. When I was not sleeping and stressed out I would sleep for about 3 hours, which did not help my heart, I have bradycardia - slow heart rate. So imagine that on no sleep. I can't say enough about it, except it saved my life. I hope this helps!

June 16, 2014 11:44 PM

Review by Ms G.:

For Anxiety: It makes me sleepy. I like to be alert.

June 15, 2014 6:30 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: I have panic disorder and generalized anxiety. I take 1 to 2 mg sublingually when fighting anxiety or at the onset of a panic attack. I took one at the onset of an attack this morning, and within 5 minutes I could breathe again, my hands returned to normal temperature, and I was able to focus on getting the kids ready for school. I'm glad that 1mg is strong enough to prevent an attack, and that it doesn't dope me up - just calms me down and eases the physical issues.

June 13, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by Joe Panicky Bloggs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: One day, while I was waiting for the train to take me home from gym, I started to feel my upper torso muscles progressively stiff. A few seconds after the train closed its doors, it became much more intense and I started to panic. My heart started to beat very fast for short periods of time and I could not breath properly. Also, my arms and face felt funny, I really thought I was going to have a heart attack and die in there. Thankfully, I made it home and I went to the city hospital in the afternoon. I had my heart checked with very positive results, and my doctor prescribed me these 1 mg pills. They've helped me abort a few panic attacks in the last weeks even taking half a pill, with no noticeable side effects

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2014 7:45 AM

Review by Slimmmz:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Amazing it works so well.

June 11, 2014 4:34 PM

Review by SinatraFan:

For Anxiety: Had a sort of nervous breakdown during a trip. Could not catch my breath and could not sleep for 4 days. Horrible feeling of anxiety. Dreaded the night. Started 1mg Ativan at night only. Was a God-send. Worked like a charm and gave me my life back. I went to therapy and continued the nightly 1 mg for 3 months. Became dependent as everyone does. I then "pill chopped" my way off from 1mg to less than 1/2 mg over the next 3 months. After 6 months I was off completely. Feel good and glad to be pill free for 5 weeks now. Properly used - this medicine can be a lifesaver. I still have them for peace of mind but find now I can live without it.

June 4, 2014 9:09 AM