User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Diazepam Rating Summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Meniere's Disease.

Reviews for Diazepam to treat Meniere's Disease

Valium (diazepam): "I have been dealing with symptoms of Meniere's Disease for 30 years and until three years ago no Dr. could properly diagnose the issue. When I was 5 years old I suffered a concussion, when I was 13 years old I suffered another concussion from a 90 mph fastball to the head. Shortly after the incident at 13 years old I started having intermittent & recurring symptoms of vertigo & hearing loss in my left ear (same side as both injuries). My parents thought I was a typical stubborn teen until they took me to have my hearing tested and found I had 30db of hearing loss. Two years ago I started experiencing unexplained falls and roaring in my ear. The Dr found 60 Db & said it is Meniere's. The Dr prescribed low dose Valium. It changed my life!"

MyLife212 January 28, 2016

"My vertigo was so bad that I could not stand up much less work or drive a car. My ear doctor gave me valium to treat the ear instead of surgery he did not think surgery would help after a month of vertigo. Afterwards I had a fear whether it will come back. For years I would avoid heights because my first vertigo was on the upper deck of the freeway. I will say people do not understand some one that has vertigo for a long period of time. The valium helped but so did therapy"

Sugar pie (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 18, 2016

"I love you diazepam. Taken only as needed and makes me feel human again. Menieres so depressing, I will take any small side effects happily. Had menieres for over 25 years. "

Don't like to take Allopathic December 22, 2015

Valium (diazepam): "I've suffered with Meniere's/vestibular neuritis for over 37 years and it has cast a dark shadow over my quality of life. The only medicine that has helped me to live with the episodes (loss of balance, vertigo, dis-equilibrium) has been valium. Because valium suppresses the central nervous system, it helps me to cope."

samud November 14, 2015

"I have suffered from vertigo for many years then diagnosed with Meniere's about 10 years ago. I brought an article about diazepam to my doctor and she prescribed it for me. I would usually only use 5mg when I had an attack but the attacks now seem like an everyday thing. I started taking 5mg daily in the AM and find that I finally feel like a normal person, able to focus better in my daily like instead of trying to tune out the ringing in my ears and the sensitivity to noise. Also my computer screen no longer makes me nauseous. I do not normally like to take any meds but will make an exception now since I feel like I have my life back."

Windy76 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2015

"I have had Meniere's Disease for about 5 years. I'm a mailman and almost lost my job because of frequent attacks. I found out that popping 2-3 5mg of diazepam (Valium) brought me right out of the vertigo attacks and I could resume driving. I later discovered by taking 20mg of Furosemide and 5mg of Valium in the morning would keep me from having any attacks for over 3 years. I feel like I'm blessed. The only problem is the diuretics can cause kidney problems that's why I had to cut my dosage in half. I hope this helps somebody."

Dave Carlson September 4, 2015

"I have been on Valium for 2 days and what a difference a day make! I have been suffering from lower back pain and neck pain radiating thru my face and brain. I started to get anxious and panic attacks in the last 2 months . I blamed that on stress and pain. Then I started having symptom of vertigo. My primary care physician tried a typical drug..it helped very little . Then he prescribed Valium after hesitating for the vertigo and I feel like a different person already. I am more relaxed, less pain and no dizziness so far just a little wobbly the first hour ...I hope it works for the long run!"

Sleeping willow August 14, 2015

"I've been dealing with vertigo for 8 years. It got to the point that I literally thought I may die one day, since the spinning would (rarely) get so fast that I couldn't see. It was making my life more of a hell than an actual life, as I was scared to leave my house. 6 months ago I was diagnosed with meniere's and put on a water pill 1x per day and valium to use only as needed. I just can't explain to you how much it has helped me!! I have my life back! But, I never leave a room without carrying the bottle of valium with me, just in case."

Yvonne Matson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2015

"I have vertigo, Meniere's Disease. When I have an attack it gets me out quick, it settles my daily symptoms I bite the pill in halve, just one mg once or twice a day takes symptoms away I would be disabled or dead without this medicine. I take lorazepam. If I go on caveman diet with no dairy, wheat, MSG high fructose corn syrup aspirin alcohol etc etc symptoms disappear after about six weeks but never completely and I carry the medicinr wherever I go."

Big e September 1, 2014

"I've had Meniere's since before I got out of the Navy, but was diagnosed with it a year later. The shunt operation didn't work nor did acupuncture, herbs, anything. I turned to diazepam as the last resort. It worked like a miracle. I've been on it now for over 30 years. Unfortunately, the disease has disabled me to where I can't work. Now, VA has decided to discontinue it for me. Not because it works, but because it's Valium. That's all. My advice: stay with a doctor who understands the nature of the disease."

Dimmy 55 May 28, 2013

Valium (diazepam): "I have had vertigo/Menieres' since 2003 and Valium seems to be the only medicine that helped me. It takes the edge off of the dizzy feeling the frustration that goes alone with it. My experience is different than most, in that I get dizzy when chopping veggies, washing dishes, sometimes driving on roads with hills (there aren't many where I live thank God!) But it comes and goes and happens almost every day. I think I would probably freak out if my doctor said I couldn't take it any more. "

pcush29 (taken for 10 years or more) March 23, 2013

"I had episodes since I was 5 yrs old and none of the doctors I went to could help me. These episodes would last for 24 hours before I started to fell better. That would drain me mentally and physically. When I was 23 I was told that I had Meniere's disease and need to start on a low sodium diet no more then 2500 mg a day I'm 26 right now. That helped until I started to have a episodes three times a week and that was having a huge impact on my life. My doctor gave me Valium that I take three times day and that was a life saver in my view. I started taking it over a year ago and no major episodes yet."

Anonymous October 27, 2011

Valium (diazepam): "It is the only thing that works well for the vertigo and off balance feeling. Small amounts are all that is necessary, when the episodes occur only."

Anonymous March 16, 2011

Valium (diazepam): "I have been inflicted with an inner ear problem for 40 years. I have been to so many specialist who could not find the cause. The flare ups are devastating and cause me to have dizzy spells that last for a few minutes each time. It occurs when I change head positions in a hurry. When the episodes occur, a combination of Valium and a vertigo medicine works fine. After a few days, I'm back to normal. It has been a blessing and allowed me to keep my job in law enforcement for many years until I retired. The only other alternative was to surgically serve my nerves in my ears so that I would not experience the symptoms. The doctors all agreed this was too drastic and if the medicine works, to stay with it."

Elciddad March 28, 2010

"Have had Meniere's for 14 months and Diazepam is the only medicine that can short-circuit the awful vertigo attacks. I NEVER leave my home without at least one 5 mg pill on me."

Anonymous January 9, 2010

Valium (diazepam): "This medication is a life saver for me. I have suffered with Meniere's Disease for 22 years which causes episodes of loss of equilibrium which can totally knock you flat or just make your life hell for days at a time. The episodes are usually not predictable but seem to come to life every year or so. Short time use of valium is the only thing that helps so I can continue my normal activities until my ear settles down again."

Anonymous February 5, 2009

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate