User Reviews for Diazepam

Also known as: Diastat, Diastat AcuDial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol, Dizac, Valium, Valrelease, Zetran

Learn more about Diazepam.

Diazepam Review Summary

9.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Meniere's Disease.

Reviews for Diazepam to treat Meniere's Disease

"I've been dealing with vertigo for 8 years. It got to the point that I literally thought I may die one day, since the spinning would (rarely) get so fast that I couldn't see. It was making my life more of a hell than an actual life, as I was scared to leave my house. 6 months ago I was diagnosed with meniere's and put on a water pill 1x per day and valium to use only as needed. I just can't explain to you how much it has helped me!! I have my life back! But, I never leave a room without carrying the bottle of valium with me, just in case."

Yvonne Matson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2015

"I have vertigo, Meniere's Disease. When I have an attack it gets me out quick, it settles my daily symptoms I bite the pill in halve, just one mg once or twice a day takes symptoms away I would be disabled or dead without this medicine. I take lorazepam. If I go on caveman diet with no dairy, wheat, MSG high fructose corn syrup aspirin alcohol etc etc symptoms disappear after about six weeks but never completely and I carry the medicinr wherever I go."

Big e September 1, 2014

"I've had Meniere's since before I got out of the Navy, but was diagnosed with it a year later. The shunt operation didn't work nor did acupuncture, herbs, anything. I turned to diazepam as the last resort. It worked like a miracle. I've been on it now for over 30 years. Unfortunately, the disease has disabled me to where I can't work. Now, VA has decided to discontinue it for me. Not because it works, but because it's Valium. That's all. My advice: stay with a doctor who understands the nature of the disease."

Dimmy 55 May 28, 2013

Valium (diazepam): "I have had vertigo/Menieres' since 2003 and Valium seems to be the only medicine that helped me. It takes the edge off of the dizzy feeling the frustration that goes alone with it. My experience is different than most, in that I get dizzy when chopping veggies, washing dishes, sometimes driving on roads with hills (there aren't many where I live thank God!) But it comes and goes and happens almost every day. I think I would probably freak out if my doctor said I couldn't take it any more. "

pcush29 (taken for 10 years or more) March 23, 2013

"I had episodes since I was 5 yrs old and none of the doctors I went to could help me. These episodes would last for 24 hours before I started to fell better. That would drain me mentally and physically. When I was 23 I was told that I had Meniere's disease and need to start on a low sodium diet no more then 2500 mg a day I'm 26 right now. That helped until I started to have a episodes three times a week and that was having a huge impact on my life. My doctor gave me Valium that I take three times day and that was a life saver in my view. I started taking it over a year ago and no major episodes yet."

Anonymous October 27, 2011

Valium (diazepam): "It is the only thing that works well for the vertigo and off balance feeling. Small amounts are all that is necessary, when the episodes occur only."

Anonymous March 16, 2011

Valium (diazepam): "I have been inflicted with an inner ear problem for 40 years. I have been to so many specialist who could not find the cause. The flare ups are devastating and cause me to have dizzy spells that last for a few minutes each time. It occurs when I change head positions in a hurry. When the episodes occur, a combination of Valium and a vertigo medicine works fine. After a few days, I'm back to normal. It has been a blessing and allowed me to keep my job in law enforcement for many years until I retired. The only other alternative was to surgically serve my nerves in my ears so that I would not experience the symptoms. The doctors all agreed this was too drastic and if the medicine works, to stay with it."

Elciddad March 28, 2010

"Have had Meniere's for 14 months and Diazepam is the only medicine that can short-circuit the awful vertigo attacks. I NEVER leave my home without at least one 5 mg pill on me."

Anonymous January 9, 2010

Valium (diazepam): "This medication is a life saver for me. I have suffered with Meniere's Disease for 22 years which causes episodes of loss of equilibrium which can totally knock you flat or just make your life hell for days at a time. The episodes are usually not predictable but seem to come to life every year or so. Short time use of valium is the only thing that helps so I can continue my normal activities until my ear settles down again."

Anonymous February 5, 2009