User Reviews for Xanax

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 372 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

Review by Bandg47 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Xanax is the best when taken only as needed and not on a daily basis. Nothing else comes close. Just be cautious and it can be used over a longer period of time if not abused. It has worked for me that way.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2013 9:56 AM

Review by lucky nj (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Between being at 3 terrorist attacks 911, Madrid and the 1st Trade center I have had severe panic attack and depression. Xanax is a great cure for the craziest things that life throws at you.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2013 9:41 PM

Review by WhiteRook (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Xanax was a Godsend in the short term. Nearly immediate peace from all anxiety and panic symptoms. The longer I took it though, the more problematic it became. Constantly increasing dose for effectiveness, switching formulations. Finally addiction, dependence - didn't matter if it was called this or that. Discontinuing Xanax was painful. Like weeks long, restless, climbing the walls, no sleep. I'd still call it useful in a low dose, well supervised situation.

November 26, 2013 9:39 PM

Review by Educator28:

For Depression: Very good for insomnia and stress which leads to depression. No side effects.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2013 6:47 PM

Review by ms me:

For Depression: The first time I took Xanax was when I was having dental work and it was prescribed for the acute anxiety I feel with dentists. This past year my regular doctor suggested I might like to take it from time to time because of depression and anxiety. It helps tremendously. I usually break the .25 mg pill in half and just take half of one. I do not use it every day, but when I need it, it's wonderful and gets me to the next day.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2013 9:12 AM

Review by anonymous251 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: I take Xanax very rarely with Lexapro as my primary anxiety med. Xanax works perfectly to knock out secondary panic and anxiety symptoms, the best as needed anxiety med on the market. I don't recommend it as your primary anxiety med though, too addictive.

October 26, 2013 7:58 PM

Review by Korks:

For Anxiety: Out of all the benzodiazepines I think that Xanax (alprazolam) is the best for me, acts quick & does what it says, just be careful & if you are going to ask your Dr. For them I recommend maybe starting out a smaller dose and work up from there. If that doesn't work, the reason is, after a bit you get a little immune to strength & can bump up in dosage if this happens, unless you have a high tolerance, then maybe start at 1 mg, that way you can still move up if that doesn't work, but I recommend starting small & moving up in dosage if needed.

October 18, 2013 4:31 PM

Review by LB40 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Take 1 or 2mgs at one time, as needed, for panic attacks. Most of the time I will have a panic attacks, for no reason or triggers. For Some panic attacks I do have a trigger. Large Crowds, NO WAY. People I know, that haven't seen in years. The only medicine that helps with panic attacks! I take Valium 10mgs, four times daily. Anxiety and panic attacks are different. Panic effects your whole day. Anxiety attacks, the Valium is in my blood.

October 11, 2013 2:34 PM

Review by Bearcat315 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Xanax nullifies panic attacks within minutes. This is one of the best medications to treat panic disorder. It works fast but also wears off fast. It's good for acute anxiety

October 10, 2013 5:08 AM

Review by Timber75:

For Anxiety: I started out on Valium 5 mg 4 times a day when I was 22 due to petit-mal seizures. The doctors said my anxiety was causing my blood pressure to go out the roof. At age 29 had a heart attack due to anxiety making my BP so high I was in V fib. Now at age 38 I'm taking Xanax 2 mg 3 times a day. For me all the antidepressants cause some kind of stimulation hat makes my anxiety worsen so I stopped the SSRI's. It is working for now but I fear what happens when this doesn't work anymore what am I going to do. So tired of having anxiety and panic disorder. I don't think too many doctors understand what a profound problem this causes in ones life. So really express how you really feel to your Doc.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2013 2:35 PM

Review by Dannnypist:

For Panic Disorder: I've had panic attacks for over 10 years I do not know what triggers them I don't know when they're going to occur but they do on a daily basis. The only medication that I ever had that truly worked was Xanax. This is the true panic disorder medication and should not be taken lightly because your body does become accustomed to it. Example after using it for a year I noticed I needed to increase my medication. I went from 0.25 mg milligrams 2.0 mg milligrams every 4 to 6 hours. Use wisely.

September 30, 2013 3:24 PM

Review by frog lady (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I have severe anxiety including social anxiety that confines me to my apartment 95% of the time. I also suffer from trichotillomania where my anxiety is so bad I pull my hair out. Have had this for 20 years and all the shrinks could not help me. I am 32 years old and just recently have been put on Xanax 0.5mg 3 times daily as needed. Well the first week I slept and slept, which is good because I wasn't sleeping before. I also have bipolar disorder and severe depression. Pristiq helps a little but I am allergic to everything else. Xanax slows down my racing thoughts so I can think clearer and make decisions easier and is helping with the hair pulling but am still desperately searching for help with that and have not found it.

September 25, 2013 1:12 AM

Review by Sirisha reddy:

For Anxiety: I have had a very emotional ups and downs in life and after getting married 15 years ago my life became more hectic. 10 years ago when I lost my cousin; I had panic attacks and I became hypochondriac. I took Anxit(Xanax) 0.25 to 0.5 mg twice a day. I stopped all of a sudden after an year and did not notice withdrawal symptoms as depression was somewhat like part of life dealing with people. Now recently, I started having very bad panic attacks and I almost stopped going out alone as I was scared to go out alone and my panic was of heart attacks and death by sudden reasons etc; for the past week I again started taking Anxit 0.25mg once in morning and night. I am fine and happy for the past week and I want to continue same dose.

September 24, 2013 12:43 PM

Review by Tommy1226:

For Anxiety: Best medicine I ever been put on. Started off with two 0.05mg a day then to five 0.5 a day, and I'm Down to Three 1.0 MG a day and it's starting to not work as good. So I need to talk to my doctor and up the dose to at least 4 or 5 MG for my really bad anxiety and depression!

September 12, 2013 1:25 AM

Review by Di V:

For Panic Disorder: No side effects besides drowsiness. It puts me at a calm to help me think clearer.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2013 4:39 PM

Review by dirtmagnethobbit:

For Anxiety: If taken as directed, this though short lasting medication, is a very effective treatment for the prevention and release from panic and anxiety attacks.

September 7, 2013 7:48 AM

Review by mbellew:

For Anxiety: I have a very stressful life. After my mother passing in 2005, I started having major anxiety. It truly was debilitating my entire life. My Dr put me on 0.05 mg twice a day to help. It was the BEST thing I ever did. I have been on them for 8 yrs now's. I'm 32 and a mother of 4. There are days when I really feel the anxiety peek and I take one. Its the only thing that will work within 15-20 mins. It really has helped me tremendously. I can take my meds as prescribed and still am able to take care of home, kids and work feeling normal. I would suggest this for anyone how has anxiety or panic attacks or tons of stress.

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2013 1:06 PM

Review by sisjo:

For Anxiety: I'VE taken Xanax prescribed by my Dr for almost 2 yrs and I think its great for nerves, anxiety and good sleep. I take it at night and sleep sound all night and in the morning get up refreshed. I'm an insomniac so the help sleeping is amazing. I give it a 10, just stick with the dose the Dr. prescribes.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2013 3:05 PM

Review by Loving Panama:

For Depression: Not only does a 0.5mg shut down racing thoughts and anxiety it reduces depression. Been on every other antidepressants out there with awful side effects. Don't need to take it every day.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2013 6:18 PM

Review by low low:

For Anxiety: If I don't take it my skin feels like something is biting me and I itch all over I get very agitated and I can't sleep or sit still or focus my attention for a normal amount of time

August 20, 2013 11:54 PM

Review by 47Mikey:

For Anxiety: I've been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for quite some time now and in the past year it's been happening more. Xanax helps, I've been prescribed this because it does help when the anxiety levels get very high and panic attacks and it also helps me to get some sleep at night as it helps reduce the level of anxiety. Every person is different.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2013 12:50 AM

Review by Ekstorn (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Super good for depression.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2013 9:33 PM

Review by Eken (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: Very good.

August 13, 2013 9:31 PM

Review by Sporto:

For Panic Disorder: I have panic disorder when I'm under stress and it has been very helpful. I take 1.0 mg per day. It changes my negative thought process and allows me to focus on positive aspects of my life. I have been conservative in the dosage. I have taken as little as 0.25mg per day when I'm feeling well and as much as 1.25 mg per day if I'm under stressful conditions. I would follow your physicians instructions but this pattern of dosage seems to work for me.

August 9, 2013 3:55 AM

Review by Ben H. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I have found that Xanax does indeed work. It's quick and relieving. Take it about 20-30 before an anxious event and it will help you. The downside is the tolerance that generally develops very quickly, in my case already after one week.

August 8, 2013 3:46 AM