User Reviews for Xanax

Depression 47 reviews 75 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 419 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Great for what it is meant for but a huge risk factor for dependency. If you can your better off taking Lexapro."

A. Perez (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 17, 2014

For Anxiety "Takes away all anxiety and stress. I have GAD SAD and PTSD."

Mozes December 13, 2014

For Anxiety "Works very well for anxiety. The best way to take these types of medicines is to take them as needed. Some doctors will tell you to take them everyday as prescribed, but I found in my 20 years of experience with Xanax that taking them everyday is an easy way for it to become habit forming and addictive. When I take them as needed I don't become dependent on them. I think doctors disagree with this method because they feel that you need to counter the anxiety before you get it and that way you can learn to tolerate it. I have tried using Xanax both ways, it's nice not having anxiety, but your body and mind will adapt to the dosage and if you take it long enough you will find you need a higher dose to feel like you did."

TheRXQueen (taken for 10 years or more) December 12, 2014

For Anxiety "I noticed my memory was very much affected on Xanax. This is the quickest working benzo in my opinion, but does not last long. Also, the withdrawals from Xanax were more severe than the withdrawals from the other benzos I've been on. It works great for some people, but not so much for me."

StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2014

For Anxiety "Acts very quickly and definitely feel the calming effect. The only downsides is that it doesn't last very long (2-3 hrs max, maybe even less) and you quickly build up a tolerance for it so you end up having to take much more the more you use it."

Jundibasam (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 1, 2014

For Anxiety "Only benzodiazepine that worked completely. Been on all the others. Have tried antidepressants with negative results. So at the correct dose. Alprazolam is what I consider the hardest working anxiety and stress reliever available."

Anonymous November 22, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "This is the best medicine out there. It makes me a better person. I love it. I have anxiety and depression and this is the only thing that makes me tolerable to be around. Levels me out and makes me happy."

amv518 November 20, 2014

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Great for anxiety. However, only recommend using short term. I've gone through opiate withdrawing as well as benzo withdraws, and benzo withdraws are far worse. Never felt more suicidal...use with caution..."

notomatot31 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I have been taking Xanax 1MG twice daily as needed to help cope with my severe panic disorder and anxiety attacks, which have been impacting my sleep schedule drastically. Take the correct oral amount daily, and you will see positive results in no time! If you feel like your having complications, contact your doctor immediately! Everyone's tolerances are different!"

JG-Swam (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2014

For Anxiety "I have been on Xanax for a few years due to my anxiety discover. This tablet which I only take a quarter of when it is necessary which doesn't happen very often has helped me sleep and calm down. My sister has terminal cancer. It also helped me go through tough events."

angelmax (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2014

For Anxiety "I take this medication as needed. I take 150 mg Effexor daily, which helps with the majority of my depression and anxiety, but I take Xanax when I need to take the edge off. I was recently prescribed this, and I have only had to use it twice, while flying (I go into full panic mode). I took an entire pill 30 minutes before my flight and it made me relax right away. I have never been able to sleep on a plane (even during international flights), but it calmed me down to the point I fell asleep during both flights. It didn't even bother me during take off when the pilot had to slam on the breaks due to a cargo light. This medication does make me sleepy, though I have not taken half a dose so far. My panic attacks are not as frequent as some."

Lexxa November 6, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I have a panic disorder and have been taking Xanax for over 20 yrs now. Never had to increase my dose and finally can live a normal life. The doctor had tried all different medications and this is the only one that worked."

eyakalot October 29, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Been taking it for 2 years and it gets me through anxiety attacks."

Dp3000 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed Xanax because my half brother died and I could not cope with it alone on just taking Pristiq for depression. Taking both of these medicines has really reduced my depression tremendously to where it only affects me a little now and not so many days in a row. I'd really like to stay on Xanax with my other antidepressant medication Pristiq 100mg because its helping a lot!"

Wayne George (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2014

For Depression "awesome"

valii September 26, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Just got prescribed 0.5mg of Xanax. Within a half hour the intrusive thoughts and panic attacks stopped. Taking sparingly, only when needed. Definitely a good thing to take at your worst moments, but not good for regular use."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have panic disorder and Xanax has helped me greatly. The only problem that I have experienced is that I have become resistant to it. Rather than .25mg helping, I need to take 3 to calm down. My doctor only allows me 30 .25mg pills per month, so I'm petrified that at some point, I am going to have an attack after I have run out of meds."

Feline1978 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 3, 2014

For Anxiety "I have been on quite a few antidepressants in addition to Xanax. The antidepressants made my anxiety and panic worse, needing to increase my intake of Xanax when on the antidepressant(s). I was really reluctant to take the Xanax when I was first prescribed the medication. I have been of Pristiq for 8 months now and have lowered my Xanax from 1 mg in the morning, 1mg midday and 2 mg at bed. I am now taking 0.5mg in the morning and 1.5 mg at bed. I am taking vitamins, doing yoga and taking better care of myself. My doctor knows, I am honest. He wanted me to take 2mg every 8 hours but never did. My Mother just died a few weeks ago and have been getting really bad anxiety and still the same dose helps me. Hope this helps."

AJPisces August 20, 2014

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "The best to ease the stress"

NishaPooh August 9, 2014

For Anxiety "After a recent medical diagnosis, I had a difficult time coping and felt a tremendous sense of fear and worry constantly. Brought me to the point I was physically ill everyday and having panic attacks frequently. Xanax is wonderful when you find the right dose. Too much and I became a zombie. 0.25 MG was my perfect dose. It brought me down from panic and allowed me to take a step back and deal with my problems rationally."

doxie789 August 2, 2014

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "It makes any impossible situation more possible, it controls violence rage temper anger towards others. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, panic attacks and keeps you calm. The best!"

Lil Locita:) July 30, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was in England when I started getting feeling of depersonalization, forehead pressure, fear, negative thoughts and irritation etc. I came back to my country and consulted a doctor. He diagnosed me with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. What he prescribed me may have worked but honestly speaking I did not give fair chance to the prescribed medicine. He did not prescribe me Xanax but I managed to get it from somewhere myself as I had read about its effectiveness against anxiety. It worked perfectly for me. I killed my anxiety with it. It normalizes me and keeps me going ahead in life. I give 9/10. "

vicky123 July 26, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I thought this medicine might help with the onset of an atrial fibrillation attack and it does! Not a guarantee but very often helps especially at night when I feel something coming on...it allows me to fall into a deeper sleep which at times kicks the onset. Also very useful for anxiousness, as documented. I do not take it daily, only when needed."

Kathy mom July 11, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I take 0.25mg three times a day for panic attacks. I wish I could say Xanax stops the panic attacks completely, but it only lessons the symptoms until I feel okay enough to calm myself down with breathing exercises. Other than that--- Xanax is a miracle."

Cortneyrb July 8, 2014

For Anxiety "I get intense panic attacks. Xanax is very effective at working quickly to stop a panic attack. It saved my life, until after a few months I tried to stop taking it and got horrible withdrawals. I felt like I was dying, my anxiety was worse than it had ever been in my life, high blood pressure (and mine is naturally low), tachycardia, hallucinations, tremors. I hope anyone considering taking Xanax takes it at a low dose and not daily. If daily, do not quit cold turkey. "

Ashley O. (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 4, 2014