User Reviews for Xanax (Page 2)

Learn more about Xanax.

Panic Disorder 131 reviews 19 medications

9.2
Anxiety 314 reviews 63 medications

Depression 55 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 500 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "I started on Xanax after the birth of my second child for post partum anxiety. I used Ativan after my first baby but my new doctor wanted me to try Xanax. I thought it worked great at first. .25 my 4 x a day. Most days I only took 2 or 3. My baby developed colic issues and my husband was working 60 -70 hours a week so I had no help and was going crazy from no sleep and endless hours of non-stop crying so they upped my dose to .5 mg 3 x a day. Things calmed down around 3 months so I tried to cut back down but ended up with severe panic attacks and shaking, etc. Even when I take my regular dose on time I am still struggling with increased heart rate, shakiness, irritability, etc. Hoping to switch meds or something at my next appointment."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2016

For Anxiety "I started taking Xanax over ten years ago for my anxiety. I started with .5 mg twice a day and ended up at .5 mg every 4 hours and still felling like I needed more as I was addicted. I had one heck of a time weaning off. I now take 1/2 of a .25 mg tablet every 3 to 4 hours when needed for my tinnitus. It works to lessen the anxiety caused by the constant ringing in my ears and I try some days to take it only once or twice. It has worked great for me but I suggest being very conservative with your dosing because it is very easy to build a tolerance and form an addiction."

D in NM January 7, 2016

For Anxiety "I suffer from moderate, sometimes severe anxiety. General life stress, such as my job (bad bosses), my kids arguing over any & everything, etc... I've been on Xanax (alprozolam) for about 2 years on & off. Recently I've started experiencing panic attacks with psychotic features (self-diagnosing here) and as soon as I take a .5mg Xanax tablet, I'm fine within 5-10 minutes. This little tablet has been a lifesaver for me."

Landonsmommy14 January 4, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I have been taking Xanax for about one month now, and my life has drastically changed. I get really bad hot flashes and when I started taking this I noticed immediate results. One huge tip I have is to eat really healthy, and also on days where you have time take xanax and go workout hard. Run on the treadmill, lift weights, or swim. With all these things incorporated into my life I am much happier, have my social life back and I am able to show my natural talents without the fear of doom."

Lovelyso January 4, 2016

For Panic Disorder "If I could give Xanax more stars, I would. I have Panic Disorder and during college, panic disorder with mild Agoraphobia. After being prescribed Xanax, whenever I felt the onset of a panic attack emerging, this medication would save me from spiraling into a cycle of uncontrolled panic.My agoraphobia is gone. I would only recommend taking it as needed. I couldn't be happier with my results and I can live a normal life knowing I have my 'security blanket' if I need it."

panicbegone (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2016

For Depression "My wife uses Xanax. She is bipolar II. She has a lot of depression and anxiety but not much hypomania. She takes two 1mg when she is having a really bad day which is about every other day. It knock her out for about four hours. Often times she will wake up and then about 4 hours later, she needs to take another Xanex. It helps in emergencies but does nothing for the underlying cause of her severe depression and anxiety. I'm glad it's there for emergencies though. I wish it did something to decrease the frequency of emergencies."

Swpo January 1, 2016

For Anxiety "All started when I was about 18 years young. All typical symptoms - racing thoughts, palpitations, high blood pressure, dizzines, fear, choking feeling, chest tightness, fear of death and many other unbearable things which happens when anxiety becomes uncontrollable! Over the years I have had my good days and my bad days. Sometimes to a point where I don't want to live anymore, but then comes good days and to live is the thing I want the most. For those dark moments when close to panic xanax has really helped me! It gets me a bit calmer straight away, and then I can start breathing excercise and other little things which help to calm down. Without xanax I honestly wouldn't know what to do!"

EduardsR December 13, 2015

For Anxiety " xanax forums are full of how xanax can be so strong for some people. to me it was like a sledgehammer over my head. I woke 6 hours later with no recollection of what went on other than I slept. this was a low dose. It is either panic or been knocked out. Where are all these pleasant experiences I hear about?"

Neme December 11, 2015

For Anxiety "I've been suffering from General Anxiety Disorder for over 30 years. I was on Lexapro which was controlling my anxiety wonderfully. I was laid of from my job after 28 years working there. I then found a new job but because it was change and new I had a massive panic/anxiety attack and quit the job after 3 days. My psychiatrist then prescribed Xanax along with the Lexapro. I was taking 40 mg of Lexapro and .75mg of Xanax daily, the combination has worked for the last 6 years. However now I have another new job and had another massive panic/anxiety attack. The combination of Lexapro and Xanax is no longer working. I am now trying 20mg of Brintellix and 3mg of Chlonopin. I'm hoping this works in order to keep my job."

salvatop December 8, 2015

For Anxiety "I've always suffer with anxiety, but I've been able to control it. I've been out of work for 3 weeks, with a phobia of going back, because I had a panic attack, & I was exposed, and people were watching. My secret was out. Rewind - 3 weeks ago I had a kidney infection, I was in the hospital for 5 days, home for 5 days, then went directly back to a stressful job. That's where it happened the attack.. people were surrounding me and causing me more stress, I was put back in the hospital. I'm now on buspar, and xanax. Buspar I have my negative thoughts on that, not sure it's helping or not dizzy spells. But the Xanax does help with the anxiety. It makes me super sleepy and groggy. I'm seeing a therapist and psychiatrist, pray 4 me"

mind your 2 cents (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2015

For Anxiety "Xanax simply stops to work when taken too long on a daily basis. At that point, one reaches "tolerance," and the medication is simply no longer effective at that dose. Many psychiatrists tend to keep prescribing Xanax and other benzodiazepines at this point (strong, addictive tranquilizers that lead to dementia and Alzheimer's) as maintenance meds. It is then up to you to realize how bad they are and wean yourself off them, going through years and years of dangerous withdrawal. The best solution is don't even start! XANAX: NOT EVEN ONE!"

BundangBear December 2, 2015

For Anxiety "I am giving it 10, because it simply works, and it's the best med out there for anxiety. Bad thing is.. it's very addictive . I have been taking it for almost a year now, on and off, 0.5 if I feel very anxious before going to bed. Yes withdrawals can be bad, but don't listen to all the bad things people say when going off, if you need it you take it.. My mother has been on this med for 10 years as prescribed. If you don't abuse it. You have no reason to be scared. Cheers A!"

Anxiousman91 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2015

For Anxiety "Thankfully I only took this med for a few weeks and at the lowest dose possible. I was taking .25 mg 2-3 times a day for a few weeks until my long term anxiety medication started to kick in. This medication truly does help for extreme anxiety and panic attacks but should only be used short-term. The use of this medication for any longer than a month on a daily basis is a recipe for disaster, this drug can be very addicting and is really hard to come off after long-time use. Luckily I researched this drug and knew this shortly after taking it so I was aware, because the doctors never informed me of the risks."

lionsgirl616 November 27, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Powerful and fast relief from Panic Attacks. I've had to carefully balance benzodiazepines because the higher the dose, the more likely I'll suffer withdrawal related rebound effects. Right now I'm at .5 mg x 3 as needed. I've been as high as 6mg. Less is more. Still, I've not found anything as effective as an alternative. Xanax just works, and fast."

Inzomnia (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 16, 2015

For Anxiety "I was having difficulty coping after the death of my husband. Xanax helped me to put everything into perspective which allowed me to face enormous challenges. I rarely ever felt slow from the low dosage, only calm."

Elise Power November 16, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I have been diagnosed with Panic Disorder, Hypochondria (Illness anxiety Disorder), an Eating Disorder, and Depression. All of the others stemmed mostly from the Panic Disorder. I was suffering so much that I could not function and became extremely agoraphobic to where I did not want to leave my room. I was scared to take medicine but it got to the point one day where I couldn't take it anymore and decided to give the Xanax my doctor gave me a try. It helped so much and I was finally able to calm down enough to think clearly. I got on Zoloft and continued taking Xanax until my anxiety and depression was manageable. Now I only need it every once in a while when the anxiety and obsessive thoughts get bad. Definitely helped me get on my feet."

bittybob141 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2015

For Anxiety "Its been 3 months now off Xanax ( was taking up to 4 mg a day for 2 years after brother killed himself) and I'm just now starting to feel like myself again. Coming off the xanax was the hardest thing I've ever done. I had to force myself to work and keep my job. I had good days and bad days (more bad than good). My symptoms were crazy. No sleep, headaches, shakes, twitching, pain everywhere, memory problems. If I knew how hard it is to come off benzo's, I never would have touched it. Short term use= ok. Stressful event=ok. If this helps one person, then yay. Please be careful! Don't end up detoxing off of a benzo and going thru hell for weeks or months. Research this med. Not fun!"

davycrocket (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 11, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I don't know how to explain the turmoil and suffering that I went through in the mid nineties even after a perfect childhood at 17 years old. I found myself 79 pounds in the hospital because I could not eat I could not sleep and I could not function, however misdiagnosed as an eating disorder and depression it took me quite a few times to even go to a doctor that noticed I may be a bit nervous. I bet that was an understatement. Because I keep getting slack about the medication I have tried kalanapin which brought me out like a teenager and did not work for me. I have tried valium which was way too strong for me. I have been on this medication for over 15 years and have never had to up my dosage not once and it still works. "

Amy Love (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I take "Xanax" prescribed by my Doctor. Not everyday though. Sometimes. For helping me sleep when my thoughts are going crazy and my imagination is wild. It does help for sleep. Addictive if you take it everyday."

Manhattangirl November 10, 2015

For Anxiety "I had Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Xanax is the only drug I've found that works to alleviate the symptoms. I take .25mg no more than twice a week and within 20 minutes I feel calm and relaxed. Combine it with yoga and meditation and all your worries are gone. I like to take a .25mg pill and immediately do some yoga and meditate for 20 minutes. By the time you're done meditating you'll feel great for a couple hours. It helps just knowing the pill is there if I want it. I actually find that I take it much less than twice a week, only 1 or 2 times a month if that. I have no other side effects that I notice."

charger1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

For Anxiety "I've been on and off Xanax for years! I've only always took 1/2 of 0.25mg to take the edge off when I felt my anxiety coming on and if I knew I was going to do something out of my comfort zone! It has helped me tremendously. I concentrate better and it actually helps my stuttering. I'm a firefighter/paramedic and I'm constantly dealing with stressful situations! I love my job and never could have done it without Xanax. I hate that it gets a bad wrap because people abuse it! I have never even come close to abusing it and use it for what it's for! Throughout the years I've tried all other anti anxiety medications and Xanax is the only one that helped me! It's almost like I have a chemical imbalance and Xanax corrects it!"

Opie21995 (taken for 10 years or more) October 28, 2015

For Anxiety "This pill works miracles for me. It is completely effective against all of my anxiety. It also makes me feel less OCD. I no longer obsess over thoughts or worry while I am on this. Xanax unleashes my creativity. I play guitar, write music and draw a lot. I used to do all these things but have thought I lost interest because I had no inspiration. I have no side effects except some memory loss and tiredness. I wish my doctor would up my prescription, I am on 2 mg a day and for the past nine months I have always finished my prescription in 1 - 2 weeks. But this does well for keeping tolerance low and avoiding addiction and dependence. I am on it for 2 weeks and then off until my refill."

Travis19945 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was put on Xanax twenty years ago to treat anxiety/panic. I took a small dose four times a day. After three years it lost its effectiveness and I chose to go off it. Weaning became the single worst experience of my life full of awful experiences. I was put on Paxil to treat the absolutely disabling panic/anxiety and depression I fell into."

DWT62 October 24, 2015

For Anxiety "Xanax has given me my life back. I suffer from severe anxiety a few times a year, for no reason. I've been given other Benzos that leave me feeling like a zombie. I can take a tiny amount (and I'm talking 1/2 0.25) of Xanax and it calms me down enough to enjoy life."

Best Out There For Anxiety (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

For Depression "Began taking xanax during a time when my one and only child left home for college and I lost my job a month later. It allowed me to cope and move forward. The most I ever took was 1 mg per day, but I now take .25 when I have periodic depression and anxiety. I sometimes go 6 weeks without taking one. The best way to describe it is like rebooting your mind. Life saver for me."

DEW3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015