User Reviews for Ativan

6.5
ICU Agitation 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ativan reviews 216 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Ativan

For Anxiety "Wonderful takes stress away"

Jjkm August 28, 2015

For Anxiety "I'm 19 and this anxiety and OCD had been poured on me out of no where. It scared me so bad I felt like I couldn't live my life. I went to the ER and they prescribed me Ativan 1 mg 3 times a day. It was extremely effective. The first week I was only taking half or sometimes 2. I've been on it for 3 weeks and am waiting to get on a SSRIs for more long term. Ativan is helping me through my days. I am just nervous about withdrawals because I don't take them as prescribed only as needed."

Laurenthorne August 20, 2015

For Anxiety "Ativan is a miracle drug. Whoever invented it should have received the Nobel Prize. Zero adverse effetcs, completely safe. I am going through chemo and my beloved old companion cat which I had for over 14 years died after many months of poor health. I felt gripping anxiety for weeks, it felt like my chest was going to explode. I was faced with vet bills and wasn't working. Ativan worked in less than an hour, I felt such relief, and only after 1mg. I take it once, sometimes twice, a day and my life is bearable. Please don't suffer. If you experience anxiety ask you Dr for Ativan, even 0.5 mg may work."

RollaB August 16, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I started to take antivan for severe panic attacks. It did calm me down but left me extremely tired in the daytime. I was so tired that I was not able to function well at work. It was helpful at night though. Also, I was told that I could not take this medication for long term use. Eventually, I switched to Celexa and got relief that allowed me to not feel as tired."

MisoCat July 27, 2015

For Anxiety "I am taking 1mg 4x daily. I have had some deaths in my family and have been more anxious. Should my dose be increased?"

kvam (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I'm as stubborn as it gets when it comes to taking medicine. I've been on just about everything for anxiety/ panic attacks. I began having panic attacks 5 months ago and have been living in complete fear. I couldn't even buy groceries without feeling like I was being pulled to the floor. I have every physical symptom of panic. Racing heart, chest pain, dizziness, I've even hyperventilated so bad that I've passed out. This medicine works. My doctor gave me 1mg tablets that are scored. I take half a mg and the panic is instantly gone for the entire day. It's a life saver. I really dread when I have to come off this medicine because it makes me feel human again, which is why I give it a 9/10."

Kat92 June 15, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Honestly, I have been taking ativan for 2 years now 1mg twice daily. It does help but it should be used as a tool for panic attacks NOT A SOLUTION. I have tried so many anti-depressants as well such as cymbalta, cipralex and a couple more. The best thing is to talk to close friends and family or even a psychiatrist. talking to people and venting is honestly the best thing you can do for yourself even though it takes a lot of will power to do it. I would love to hear other people opinion."

shaner June 1, 2015

For Anxiety "Thank God for Ativan. Even though when the stressful situation came up, instead of having a panic attack I was able to stop it with the calm. I do wish it could erase those trigger moments but I'm so glad I can stop them and manage them better with Ativan. I also really like that I can take it on a work day with no side effects or that fuzzy high feeling. It has not affected my sleep or anything else. It's a lifesaver for me. I'm back!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

For Anxiety "Lifesaver for adrenaline rush feelings. The smallest dose cut in half makes me feel calm, slows my racing heart and heart palpitations, and puts me to sleep. I couldn't have survived lyme disease without it. The only bad things are it will make you tired and after being on it for 2 weeks straight, you're likely to have rebound anxiety. If you have long term anxiety SSRIs are the best choice."

rainbowz May 14, 2015

For Anxiety "Very effective for calmness."

vgj (taken for 10 years or more) May 3, 2015

For Anxiety "I suffer from PTSD, depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. I previously took Xanax, but it was too short acting for me. I needed a benzodiazepine that was longer acting, since my anxiety goes on for a long time. I like that Ativan lasts 6-8 hours, in which I need for times of long time anxiousness. However I have realized that smoking cigarettes lessens the effectiveness of benzodiazepines, so I will have to work around that. Anyway, Ativan is great for people like me who have anxiety and panic attacks."

etherealmoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I take 6mg Ativan a day and will do for life, it saved my life there is nothing else to touch a benzodiazepine if your anxiety is off the scale. Yes you get tolerant but what else is there out there NOTHING that works in 20 minutes like Ativan. I am 67 and not going to worry myself with addiction and withdrawal. What would I withdraw to there is nothing out the. I have taken Ativan for 40 years and I am alive, I don't think I would be without it. "

dyslexic (taken for 10 years or more) April 9, 2015

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Works well with anxiety, panic"

jooe473 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2015

For Anxiety "I take 0.5mg everyday before I head out to work. I had my panic at work, and this keeps me calm and able to get through the day. Some days are more stressful than others and I may have to take another 0.5mg, but I never go over the dose I was prescribed. I am so glad my doctor gave me this!"

RaeRae53 March 26, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I loved it, when I lost awareness in the Hospital: I was given Ativan. It brought me back to normal. I wish I had some now."

Aracab24 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Ativan works. I just started getting panic attacks in my 40s no real reason for it except maybe aspartame caffeine sometimes emotional but in all I'm not sure why have gotten panic attacks. But Ativan works sometimes I need three pills of .5 mg or sometimes I just need one but I only take them as needed not sure if my doctor is going to continue to give them to me but I definitely need a back up of some kind and it does make you feel better so think goodness for that."

Stella13 January 19, 2015

For Insomnia "I've been on this nightly for about 4 years now because of back pain I don't sleep well. It does a good job of helping me sleep but now it is causing my eyes to become very dry so I will look for an alternative."

skiguy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "For post-chemo nausea, this works better than ondanestron (Zofran) for me."

LeniRose December 23, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Ostensibly prescribed for Menieres and vertigo, it had a huge impact on my panic episodes and anxiety, only slightly less effective than Xanax, but slightly longer lasting. Also was a smooth, warm feeling taking it. The downside after a months use, after a week of nothing, the nausea and vomiting kicked in heavy, so I shy away from this one... That time delay of withdrawal was awkward in public places. Still, if I were to ask for an adjuvant, I'd pick Ativan over the more powerful Xanax."

JayneC (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2014

For Anxiety "Given that I've had issues with addiction, my previous psychiatrist would not prescribe me any benzos and instead prescribed me Vistaril, which I found pretty useless. For someone with acute panic and anxiety issues, benzos really should be the first and last word on the topic. Ativan is great. Because of my addiction history, I am very careful with it and never take it more than prescribed. It is enough to make me feel "evened out" during the day without making me loopy, euphoric or sleepy. And at night, it puts me out without giving me a "hangover" the following day like Valium does."

AnxietyDude (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Long story short, I am terrified of medication , the first time I took Ativan I had already got myself all worked up about having to take it that when I did I went into full blown panic attack. It was not because of this med , it was my own doing. The second and third time I took it, it worked well . Allowed me to get through the entire day like myself again. Even took the depression away that I have caused from anxiety . I have only taken it 3 times in the last month since was prescribed it . Since I've read how addicting this can be I have been very careful about taking it only when I really need it."

lenalena (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2014

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I Have only taken my Ativan 3 times in the past month that I have had it. I really try to take it only on the times I can't control my anxiety and can not work because of it. I am so against taking medication including this one but the second and third time I took it I was happy I did. It allows me to function and get through the day feeling good. It really does take the edge off and also calms my heart rate, As it usually is always beating faster throughout the day just from being anxious. Even though I still get paranoid about having to Take this medication when I really need it , I end up being glad I did. It works! I personally have no side effects either from this med."

lena1990 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2014

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have been taking Ativan for a few days while I wait for Lexapro to kick in. It has been a life saver. It has allowed me to eat and sleep, which has been huge in this fight against anxiety. It really helps mellow me out and take the edge off."

23, Male (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was given a prescription for this 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. It is the one thing I can count on to help slow spiraling thinking. I have never taken it regularly until recently because of some major life stressors. I would normally take 0.5 mg in the morning once in awhile, but now I have been advised by my Dr. To take up to 0.5 mg three times a day as needed while I adjust to Zoloft. I have not needed it more than twice in a day. It sure helps, and so far I have never had any problems stopping taking it."

Skeeter1969 October 19, 2014

For Anxiety "I have a severe Anxiety. It comes and goes. Sometimes I can control or sometimes I can't. Up to now it has been really bad. So my doctor perscribed me Ativan. Just took it this morning. So far It's helping but sometime if my Anxiety gets far to worse and I take the Ativan sometimes it takes a while for it to calm or slows down."

Kimberly Anne Miller September 12, 2014