User Reviews for Ativan

ICU Agitation 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ativan reviews 182 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Ativan

Review by RickyRX (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: My experience with Ativan (lorazepam) has been one I've come to love and set the bar high when it comes to sleep. I developed insomnia as a result of having to take opioid medication for my CRPS/RSD in addition of the fact that I'm slowly recovering from the death of my best friend who passed in 2010. I have been on every insomnia medicine there is. My current regimen of the normal opiate and muscle relaxants, one to 1.5 grams of Keppra, 555mg valerian root, 10mg of melatonin, 25mg of amitriptyline, and adding up to 4mg of Ativan, depending on the next day's tasks. Works like a charm every night.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 28, 2014 5:04 AM
Review by ANNMARIE F.: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I am claustrophobic and required an MRI. The one tablet I took prescribed by my dr. Helped me get through this 1 hr 45 min process. I am grateful.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 11, 2014 1:02 PM
Review by Flykate1 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder and take this nightly to sleep. This medication works wonderfully for relieving the physical symptoms of GAD which is what it was intended for. Yes this is addictive and has side effects that can affect memory however I don't think I could live without this medication. Anti-Depressants don't touch my anxiety where as this does.

February 25, 2014 8:37 AM
Review by 1975LRT: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Ativan has made a tremendous difference in my life as my anxiety was out of control and panic attacks were frequent. I don't find that it makes me tired and I like how the effects are quickly felt. I used to take 1 mg but now only take 0.5mg once a day; twice if I need it. I can skip days the odd time if I am at home and things are peaceful. I was put on Valium and couldn't handle that at all - Ativan was a lifesaver for me!

February 21, 2014 7:55 PM
Review by vr77 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I took it today after suffering with severe anxiety and it worked quickly on me. My mind relaxed and I wanted to go out with kids.

February 1, 2014 6:00 PM
Review by carlijo (taken for less than 1 month):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Light Anesthesia: I was having dental work done & he gave me Ativan & I was so glad he did. I did not feel a thing until the medicine wore off.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 26, 2014 8:43 PM
Review by Bill710 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: Use 0.5mg a night for insomnia. Works great and puts me to sleep quick. Feel good in the morning.

January 13, 2014 1:18 PM
Review by Hsd: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: It works sometimes while other times it makes me more depressed

January 10, 2014 8:34 PM
Review by DFnB: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin made me irritable & short with people especially as they began wearing off. Xanax are ok but made my food taste better so I gained some. So Ativan several days now and its just perfect. Little sleepy but I'll work through that.

December 6, 2013 1:05 AM
Review by Optiaine (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: Ativan is the only drug that can stop my vomiting when I'm in the middle of a bad cycle (I have cyclical vomiting syndrome which is triggered by neurally mediated hypotension.) I've never had any nasty side effects. I just get pleasantly loopy and very sleepy which is usually a blessing after staying up all night. I don't have a prescription for it so I end up in the ER a few times a year which is when they give it to me. (By the time it's that bad, I need IV fluids anyway so...)

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 6, 2013 8:11 AM
Review by n810 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Most subtle of the benzos i have tried. Made me sleepy the first hour or two, but then stabilized anxiety and mood for about 6 hours. Much longer lasting than it is given credit for. Good PRN medication. Other benzos cause some moodiness or depression even. Although I think Lorazepam can, it is much smoother than others. It again is too sedating for many people though. I liked it about as good as Clonazepam, it is better than Valium IMO.

October 28, 2013 12:49 PM
Review by final666 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: This is the one thing I can always count on to help me when I am in need . I have dealing with anxiety and depression my whole life I am 23 . It is great for calming you down I don't know what I would do without it

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 10, 2013 7:52 PM
Review by zigzag333 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I had a SEVERE panic/depression episode and was contemplating suicide (didn't tell Dr. about that part though) with uncontrollable crying "spells" and was prescribed 2mg Ativan and it was effective within just a few minutes. I calmed down and the racing thoughts, thoughts of suicide, and other feelings went on hold long enough to compose myself. I was on these for a few weeks and it saved my life. I was already on 2mg Xanax ER at the time but it didn't touch the episode I was having at the current time. However, the Xanax ER was very effective for what it was for, I just had an episode triggered by a bad event that override the power of the Xanax at the time.

September 7, 2013 1:22 AM
Review by eddiekilby (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I was in the E.R. for my usual anxiety waiting to be sent to a Mental health treatment facility. I lay there for seven hours. I tired but I could not sleep. It's like the voices around me were getting louder and louder. I eventually exploded. It took three security people and nurse stuck me in my thigh from a distance with Ativan, it was great. The Anxiety demons went away and I felt normal. I was later prescribed Ativan. I've tried many medicines in my twenty seven year battle with Depression and Social anxiety and anxiety and O.C.D. and P.D.S.D. Nothing works like Ativan.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 29, 2013 12:36 PM
Review by honeycomb (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: This medicine has given me a good few hours sleep for the past three nights. I had previously not been sleeping more than an hour or two for several weeks previous.

August 2, 2013 11:56 AM
Review by Shelly B (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: My mother passed away and I was having a hard time dealing with it especially at night. This medicine really helps me stay calm and actually sleep again.

July 21, 2013 10:41 PM
Review by Lisbeth Tree: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: One of the first medications given to me to help with my social anxiety and panic attacks. Never failed me, and actually help me get past my anxiety during job interviews and applications, which normally had me throwing up and shaking before hand. I never took it often enough to get much tolerance, although with in a year, I admit, about 2 times when i had extra I took it recreationally.

June 5, 2013 6:59 AM
Review by BWilmarth: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Though I've rated this medication an 8 (when I first started taking it I would have rated it at 12!). I must caution ANY who use it to use it STRICTLY as directed by your (presumably responsible/knowledgeable psych/med doc).

May 30, 2013 6:39 PM
Review by Deb S. (taken for less than 1 month):

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: While taking Ativan my memory was affected. I noticed that my short term memory was not good. I think I should be on this short term only.

May 25, 2013 8:17 PM
Review by missnscott1 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Great experience. Totally cured my anxiety but habit forming. Works wonders.

May 14, 2013 10:09 PM
Review by Wonderboom1 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Dysautonomia: Helps control awful nausea.

May 10, 2013 2:07 PM
Review by useless nick (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I have been taking Ativan for the past 28 years! Initially it was 0.5mg 2/3 times a day for a few months. Later 0.5mg twice a day for about 2/3 years. Then once a day for 5/6 years. Since then I regularly take 0.75mg once a day in the morning during all these years. I have never exceeded the dosage and I am able to skip the tablet on many Sundays when I don't need to go out or do stressful things. I am sure I will be able to stop taking the medicine when I want but as the dosage is small I have made it a habit to pop 3/4th of 1mg pill daily before I start to office. Side effects - I am unable to distinguish as I am 61 yrs now and have formed some forgetfulness and some usual age related minor personal problems. Ativan is a great medicine!

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 10, 2013 8:19 AM
Review by Garron (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: This medicine is powerful. It does stop panic attacks, however it can leave you drowsy and with difficulty concentrating. It's still a tremendous help with my symptoms, but as I was a programming student in college, my ability to concentrate was still compromised. If you need quick relief from panic attacks this likely is your medication, but depending on what you do, you may want to look at SSRI's instead(though they take longer to take effect).

May 7, 2013 8:46 AM
Review by doornail: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: After my losing my first child, I soon started having these feelings like I was having a heart attack, chest pains, hand cramps, and could not breath. After several trips to hospital, I was told it was a panic disorder. That was thirty two years ago. I was given Ativan to hold under my tongue, and I still use it until this day 3x 2mg daily as needed. I now have two grown sons, and two grandchildren but I do not think I could have made it without Ativan and great support group. I have no side effects just a calm, peaceful feeling.

May 6, 2013 9:56 PM
Review by Jasejordan: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Ativan will definitely help calm you down, but stick to the script! If you quit cold turkey you will have withdrawals for a week. You build a slight tolerance for it and want more. If you give in and take more you will run out before refill time and then come the withdrawals! But it does do its job on anxiety!

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 25, 2013 2:52 PM