User Reviews for Ativan

ICU Agitation 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ativan reviews 196 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Ativan

Review by lenalena (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: Long story short, I am terrified of medication , the first time I took Ativan I had already got myself all worked up about having to take it that when I did I went into full blown panic attack. It was not because of this med , it was my own doing. The second and third time I took it, it worked well . Allowed me to get through the entire day like myself again. Even took the depression away that I have caused from anxiety . I have only taken it 3 times in the last month since was prescribed it . Since I've read how addicting this can be I have been very careful about taking it only when I really need it.

November 7, 2014 10:54 AM

Review by lena1990 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I Have only taken my Ativan 3 times in the past month that I have had it. I really try to take it only on the times I can't control my anxiety and can not work because of it. I am so against taking medication including this one but the second and third time I took it I was happy I did. It allows me to function and get through the day feeling good. It really does take the edge off and also calms my heart rate, As it usually is always beating faster throughout the day just from being anxious. Even though I still get paranoid about having to Take this medication when I really need it , I end up being glad I did. It works! I personally have no side effects either from this med.

November 6, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by 23, Male (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I have been taking Ativan for a few days while I wait for Lexapro to kick in. It has been a life saver. It has allowed me to eat and sleep, which has been huge in this fight against anxiety. It really helps mellow me out and take the edge off.

October 25, 2014 7:41 PM

Review by Skeeter1969:

For Anxiety: I was given a prescription for this 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. It is the one thing I can count on to help slow spiraling thinking. I have never taken it regularly until recently because of some major life stressors. I would normally take 0.5 mg in the morning once in awhile, but now I have been advised by my Dr. To take up to 0.5 mg three times a day as needed while I adjust to Zoloft. I have not needed it more than twice in a day. It sure helps, and so far I have never had any problems stopping taking it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 3:47 PM

Review by Kimberly Anne Miller:

For Anxiety: I have a severe Anxiety. It comes and goes. Sometimes I can control or sometimes I can't. Up to now it has been really bad. So my doctor perscribed me Ativan. Just took it this morning. So far It's helping but sometime if my Anxiety gets far to worse and I take the Ativan sometimes it takes a while for it to calm or slows down.

September 12, 2014 4:53 PM

Review by tiredofanxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Took it for 3 months 2.5 mg and did not help the anxiety, it made it worse. I am tapering down.

August 11, 2014 9:00 PM

Review by Joe9393:

For Insomnia: I was given Ativan for occasional use. I try to use it once every week or once every ten days for sleep. (0.5mg). I'm lucky that I don't have to use it any more regularly because I don't work right now. I find that it helps me relax to sleep, and I wake up feeling and looking rested. The looking rested part is important because it tells me how good it is at actually calming the anxiety. I know that when my anxiety is high, even if I sleep 10hrs, I'll wake up tired and looking tired. But I think this medicine actually does a good job of getting rid of that anxiety, so your body can rest and get into some level of "deep" sleep. But absolutely, really only use it on the day that you must.

August 9, 2014 11:57 AM

Review by Magy99:

For Anxiety: I was diagnosed with Graves/Hyperthyroidism in Feb 2014, I was given 1 mg of Lorazepam on one of my trips to the ER because of my Hyperthyroidism. This medication is the best in it's class, I also occasionally take propranolol 10mg for heart palpitations, they both work perfect together. Already had RAI 4 weeks ago but am having bouts of hyper till thyroid is completely off. The 0.5 mg doesn't do much but the 1 mg is Excellent.

July 2, 2014 7:03 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I have panic disorder and generalized anxiety. I take 1 to 2 mg sublingually when fighting anxiety or at the onset of a panic attack. I took one at the onset of an attack this morning, and within 5 minutes I could breathe again, my hands returned to normal temperature, and I was able to focus on getting the kids ready for school. I'm glad that 1mg is strong enough to prevent an attack, and that it doesn't dope me up - just calms me down and eases the physical issues.

June 13, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by Slimmmz:

For Anxiety: Amazing it works so well.

June 11, 2014 4:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks that happen unexpectedly. I am also taking an SSRI with the Ativan but the Ativan is on an as needed basis and has helped tremendously the tightness in my chest is relieved and the irregular heartbeat slows down, anxiety and panic is a very scary thing to experience and Ativan has helped me get through those tough times, would absolutely recommend it.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 3, 2014 10:56 AM

Review by Soundchain (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Loved it, love it still but no longer allowed prescriptions due to strength & dependency issues. Was taken as needed to treat anxiety and worked relatively quickly, generally would feel better within ten minutes. Took one almost everyday for 8 wks before going on antidepressants and then had to taper off them. Have kept a small amount on me for extremely bad days though.

May 17, 2014 12:09 PM

Review by Sill (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Best anti-anxiety medicine.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Phone cord:

For Anxiety: Ended years of misery, acid reflux, etc.

April 19, 2014 7:32 PM

Review by RickyRX (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: My experience with Ativan (lorazepam) has been one I've come to love and set the bar high when it comes to sleep. I developed insomnia as a result of having to take opioid medication for my CRPS/RSD in addition of the fact that I'm slowly recovering from the death of my best friend who passed in 2010. I have been on every insomnia medicine there is. My current regimen of the normal opiate and muscle relaxants, one to 1.5 grams of Keppra, 555mg valerian root, 10mg of melatonin, 25mg of amitriptyline, and adding up to 4mg of Ativan, depending on the next day's tasks. Works like a charm every night.

March 28, 2014 5:04 AM

Review by ANNMARIE F.:

For Anxiety: I am claustrophobic and required an MRI. The one tablet I took prescribed by my dr. Helped me get through this 1 hr 45 min process. I am grateful.

March 11, 2014 1:02 PM

Review by Flykate1 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder and take this nightly to sleep. This medication works wonderfully for relieving the physical symptoms of GAD which is what it was intended for. Yes this is addictive and has side effects that can affect memory however I don't think I could live without this medication. Anti-Depressants don't touch my anxiety where as this does.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2014 8:37 AM

Review by 1975LRT:

For Anxiety: Ativan has made a tremendous difference in my life as my anxiety was out of control and panic attacks were frequent. I don't find that it makes me tired and I like how the effects are quickly felt. I used to take 1 mg but now only take 0.5mg once a day; twice if I need it. I can skip days the odd time if I am at home and things are peaceful. I was put on Valium and couldn't handle that at all - Ativan was a lifesaver for me!

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2014 7:55 PM

Review by vr77 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I took it today after suffering with severe anxiety and it worked quickly on me. My mind relaxed and I wanted to go out with kids.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2014 6:00 PM

Review by carlijo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Light Anesthesia: I was having dental work done & he gave me Ativan & I was so glad he did. I did not feel a thing until the medicine wore off.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2014 8:43 PM

Review by Bill710 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: Use 0.5mg a night for insomnia. Works great and puts me to sleep quick. Feel good in the morning.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2014 1:18 PM

Review by Hsd:

For Anxiety: It works sometimes while other times it makes me more depressed

January 10, 2014 8:34 PM

Review by DFnB:

For Anxiety: Klonopin made me irritable & short with people especially as they began wearing off. Xanax are ok but made my food taste better so I gained some. So Ativan several days now and its just perfect. Little sleepy but I'll work through that.

December 6, 2013 1:05 AM

Review by Optiaine (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Ativan is the only drug that can stop my vomiting when I'm in the middle of a bad cycle (I have cyclical vomiting syndrome which is triggered by neurally mediated hypotension.) I've never had any nasty side effects. I just get pleasantly loopy and very sleepy which is usually a blessing after staying up all night. I don't have a prescription for it so I end up in the ER a few times a year which is when they give it to me. (By the time it's that bad, I need IV fluids anyway so...)

November 6, 2013 8:11 AM

Review by n810 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Most subtle of the benzos i have tried. Made me sleepy the first hour or two, but then stabilized anxiety and mood for about 6 hours. Much longer lasting than it is given credit for. Good PRN medication. Other benzos cause some moodiness or depression even. Although I think Lorazepam can, it is much smoother than others. It again is too sedating for many people though. I liked it about as good as Clonazepam, it is better than Valium IMO.

October 28, 2013 12:49 PM