User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 114 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 456 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Klonopin

For Anxiety "Works perfectly for me keeps me calm."

HisWorld (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "It was fine for a year, but then made my condition much much worse to the point that I lost everything I ever loved. Please research this med before taking. It is not intended to be used for more than three weeks in a row."

Camera dude (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

For Anxiety "You don't need it. It helped at first. After about a year of regular use, it stopped helping, and instead made me very angry. By then, I was taking around 5mg/day, and had a long taper ahead of me to ease the hellish physical dependency. You don't want the taper. You don't want to numb your feelings with this horrible tranquilizer. You are worth more and you have more in you than you want to believe when you sign up for this cop-out nightmare."

davefromnorthjersey (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

For Anxiety "I've had panic attacks since I can remember. I recall my family DR.telling my mother that I would eventually need something for my nerves. I developed an irregular heartbeat around the age of 20. Of course, I am the last person who needed that symptom. I would go into a full blown panic attack and end up in the ER. My family Dr talked me into taking Xanax. I took .5 3 times a day like clockwork. Along with Tenormin for my afib.for 10 years . I then switched to Klonopin .5 3× daily. It was miracle. No side effects. After taking the same dose for 15 years, my new Dr dropped dropped it to twice daily. OK for about 6 months. I've been in the ER 5 times in the last 12 months. I need some good advice."

B.Steve (taken for 10 years or more) April 18, 2016

For Anxiety "I have been orally using Diazepam, (VALIUM) 10 mg. tabs- Qty: 90 monthly. 1 tab 3x a day q 8"

VICO DAN WATSON (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2016

For Anxiety "The doctor prescribe this for my anxiety not realizing what I was taking after taking for a year I decided to look up the clonazepam and found out what I was really taken and how hard it is to get off of it has been pure hell how can something be so good but so bad I tell everyone stay clear of this medication and go alternative because the withdrawals are evil it has been a total nightmare trying to get off of this pill and I am on a low dose .05 this pill was supposed to help my life not ruin it. The headaches are unbearable the nauseous is miserable and the dizziness is in sane everyone please stay clear of this medicine because when you try to get off of it is pure hell nightmare"

Pure Stupid (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2016

For Anxiety "I took my first pill last night, and feel better already! I had never before suffered from anxiety, until I started a new and very stress-filled job. I held my own at first, but the past few months really took it's toll on my physical health. Yesterday, I truly believed I was having either a heart attack, or panic attack...I've never had a panic attack, never! Rushed to my doctor who looked at me and said- I've never seen you look like this before. After explaining how my job was affecting my life, and talking about different stress/anxiety relievers, and making time for me, he wrote the prescription. I was hesitant to take, but slept like a baby for the first time in months! I will check back as I continue with the medication."

Ihavenonickname April 8, 2016

For Anxiety "Been taking benzodiazepines for near 10 years now. Started with 1mg of Lorazepam once daily, but it stopped working after about 2 years. I got prescribed Clonazepam 1mg twice daily.Worked like a charm for 5 years, then stopped having any effect. Still, Clonazepam is amazing compared to Lorazepam. This is an amazing medication. I was prescribed an up-dose (2mg three times daily, but I usually only took one pill a day or two, because 2mg is very strong). I was also prescribed Xanax to take along with Clonazepam due to having a panic disorder as well as generalized anxiety, but after about a year I decided that the Xanax was pretty useless (and tasted like wet chalk) so asked my psychiatrist to stop prescribing it. Just clonazepam. It's great."

Renee33 (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "After being treated on 4 antipsychotics and two mood stabilizers for bipolar hypo manic disorder I have never felt better in 10 years Currently on seroquel 400mg XR ( Three tablets at bedtime) take 1 to 2 mg Klonipin daily as needed. Never felt better. Tried other sleep aids like trazadone and other tcas. Nothing. Best with klonipin because of no cravings of physical need because half life long and one doesn't get a high off klonopin because very slow onset."

AZWags (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2016

For Anxiety "This "medicine" ruined my life. I took it just as the doctor prescribed Clonazepam.5mg every night before bed. He said I would probably need them for the rest of my life. He failed to tell me these are very powerful TRANQUILIZERS (all benzo are). We are only supposed to take these for no more than 2 weeks!! It worked well for many years until one day it quit working. Tolerance Withdrawal, Sick 24/7, med no longer works, sheer panic. Suffering all since that day and it's been one year off now.These meds also cause depression over the years. I had a great life until this med caused me to lose everything!!! Nightmare!!! Please, don't walk, run from this poison!!"

Hardwork56 (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2016

For Anxiety "This drug is great. Sure you can go med free, which I've done, to prove to yourself that anxiety can't hurt you and there is nothing to fear (blah blah blah) - BUT my life truly was misery with this approach. What's the point, I told myself, of proving I can tough it out. Left unchecked anxiety can spin you into fearing all kinds of silly stuff - doctor/dentist visits, flying, being stuck in traffic, shopping .... Klonopin kills the deep down anxiety. Oh - and if all you have is anxiety (no depression) - stay far far away from the antidepressants......some friendly advice."

JPinMD (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2016

For Anxiety "I started taking this drug 10 years ago because I was always stressed and was waking up at 3am. Started on 0.5mg at bedtime, combined with Trazadone, and it would knock me out within 15 minutes-I almost had to rush to the bed sometimes. It was prescribed to take another dose in the morning but I only did this once, as it made me very sleeping driving to work. I later discovered the Trazadone wasn't doing anything and now just take the Klonopin at 0.75mg at bedtime and it gradually puts me to sleep and keeps me there. If I wake in the middle of the night and would normally stress about stuff, I am able to fall back to sleep till morning. Helps with work anxiety during the day, too. It has been a miracle drug for me!"

MarcofromTropoja (taken for 10 years or more) March 4, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I was taken off of ativan 1mg x3 per day and switched to klonopin. This drug made me ache all over and my joints, had crying bouts and sever depression with very dark thoughts. I finally got switched back. I hate this drug. Made me want to sleep all the time as well zero energy and aggressive."

indigogirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

For Anxiety "I love Klonopin. When I was going through an extremely hard custody case with my ex husband, my doctor prescribed the Klonopin. She scheduled it up to 3 times a day. I used it too. It helped me face my fears and stand up for myself for once. Once that was over she scheduled it on 1.0mg as needed up to.3 time's a day. I still have the script. I do use the Klonopin only when I'm in a situation that I need help relaxing. I know I need it at those times. When I take it, I would feel great. If I didn't need it but thought I did, all it would do is make me tired. It's been 3 years of PRN Klonopin & I know when I need it and when I don't. For those who feel this could be abused, my response is if the person really needs it, Misuse wouldn't happen"

Jo...Jo (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I have PTSD, OCD, severe bipolar and severe borderline personality disorder along with severe panic attacks and constant anxiety. I was taken off of 0.5 mg Xanax taken four times a day over 25 years which enabled me to live a "normal" life. I was prescribed klonopin instead. While it does help tremendously with the panic and anxiety, for me anyway, Xanax worked much better. I am on a slew of other meds for the other disorders I have. Just commenting on klonopin"

Didi1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2016

For Anxiety "The absolute best benzodiazepine. I've had Anxiety and Night terrors ever since I can remember. As a kid, I was always scared to sleep alone, and in the dark. My mom had to always sit with my til I fell asleep. This never went away. I'm 28 years old now. My doctor first RX'D me Xanax 2mg 2x daily, it really helped, but it stopped working so quickly! Then I got put on Klonopin 2mg 2x daily, now that's exactly what my body and mind needed. I'm perfectly anxiety free, and can sleep with no hesitation. Klonopin is the best. Thanks Klonopin!"

Klonazepam2mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Have had anxiety all my life!-40 years. During one very long 3 week period of being in what my psychologist called a "panic state," I absolutely had to ask my doctor for something that would help me begin to function again. I don't prefer to medicate unless it is absolutely necessary, and while taking this is not exactly something that I wanted my situation to come to, I eventually decided that if I did not opt for some type of pharmaceutical intervention, I might have had a stroke from the insane physical stress, which was bringing me to the brink of insanity. ONE pill before bed one evening did the trick for me. It was like hitting the reset button, and I woke up rested, calm, and totally fine again. Haven't needed another pill yet."

2BAnnonymous February 11, 2016

For Anxiety "Scary drug. Took the lowest dose for anxiety, came to three hours later. Totally blacked out. Still don't remember a thing that went on till this day. Good thing I was at home when I took it."

Manda284 February 10, 2016

For Anxiety "I was put on klonopin at age 17. I took it as prescribed for 20 years, going from 0. 5mgs to 3-4mgs a day. While it worked great for anxiety and insomnia, I wish I had never taken this medication. Last year I was detoxed off of it. When I tapered off I didn't sleep at all for 11 days. After that I had extreme anxiety and agitation. I couldn't sit still for months, I had to take a non addictive medication to be able to sleep at all. I was unable to eat well for months. Doctors don't think to tell you that this medication makes you physically dependant. You cannot stop abruptly or you risk seizures. It is made for short term use, about 2 weeks. I wish I had never taken this medication. I will never take another benzodiazapine again."

Firechild877 (taken for 10 years or more) February 8, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I take (3) 2mg klonolins a day, been taking them for years. Yes it works, if you like being zoned out all day. I also have a personality disorder, and when I am in split mode, these make it worse."

Alynn31 (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2016

For Anxiety "I noted marked decrease in intellectual ability and memory. I need to go off this med for Neoropych testing and 48 hour EEG, although I have high stressors in my life so I need to take it. When I wean down I get sinus tachycardia. Hr of 122 at rest. Taking Klonapin makes HR decrease to 80's."

MauiJan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2016

For Anxiety "This drug works well "short term". As all of the literature you have read about it says. However, "Short Term" is ambiguous. For some people "Short Term" might mean it retains it's efficacy for 2 years without problem as it did for me. If it seems you have been on this for years and it's still working, don't fool yourself. 2 Important things to note. 1. Tolerance withdrawal - Doctors will never tell you about this, some don't even acknowledge that it exists. This means that when your body has developed tolerance to this medicine, even though you keep taking your steady dose, you will start to experience god awful withdrawal symptoms. Believe it. 2. Taking over 1.5-2mg per day does not provide any benefit."

ocdeed February 1, 2016

For Anxiety "I just started taking this medication daily at night bc I just can't sleep at all. It has been a month now and I can finally sleep all night. I feel great to get my life back in order with no side affects thus far and feel much happier. Heaven sent for me. Love my neurologist."

rose west side January 26, 2016

For Anxiety "Increased depression at higher doses, which are needed as your system becomes tolerant and you always will need to increase the dosage to get relief of the anxiety, negative thoughts in general, fear of withdrawal, agoraphobia if you do run out before refill, severe memory problems the longer you are on it, tolerance develops quickly and what started out as 0.5 twice a day is now 3mg a day which leads to almost constant fatigue and a general feeling of hopelessness that doesn't go away."

flairsag1 January 23, 2016

For Anxiety "I started taking lorazapam (Adivan) when I was 16 (I'm 32 now) for panic attacks and anxiety, 2mg twice a day. They did work well but had a short half life. I had 3 grand mal seizures when I was trying to come off of them. I switched to klonopin 6 years ago because a new Dr said that they would keep me on a more even keel because of their longer half life and he was right!! But even on klonopin, which ARE addictive, I had a grand mal seizure when trying to ween off. So I just take my klonopin as directed, 1mg 3x a day and I feel normal. Some people try to say that benzo's aren't addictive, but that's a lie. So just be careful when u hear others say that they can take their medication only when they "need it"."

Jennieliz (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 20, 2016