User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 93 reviews 19 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 359 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Klonopin

Review by I'mpjyesimanxious23 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: I'm a 24 year old male. Panic disorder and severe anxiety runs in my family. It is hereditary. I seen a Dr at the age of 16 and started on Xanax 0.5mg and Xanax worked till I was 19. My friend gave me a klonopin 1mg tablet during a panic attack while I was with him and had no Xanax with me. I like how klonopin worked compared to Xanax, seen my Dr a week later and at the time was on Xanax XR 2mg 2 tablets twice daily. I asked to switch Klonopin and he put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet taken 5 times daily and it's what I take currently now and keeps the anxiety away.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2015 6:11 PM

Review by Tamerlane10:

For Anxiety: I have suffered panic attacks and anxiety since I was 14 and was always an anxious child, I am 62 now. I have tried just about every medication on the market and none of them worked. I was lucky enough to find a Dr that said a new drug Klonopin that was a seizure med may help my attacks. I haven't had an attack in years. Although I still take it now I am having pvc's. Klonopin will most of the time stop them. I have always taken it at night but I am gonna try a half during the day. I will be seeing a Cardiologist

April 15, 2015 11:29 AM

Review by Donnie0315 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: I was suffering with terrible panic attacks for a few years before the attacks became more and more severe and i was starting to have the panic attacks more often. I hope none of you ever have to go thru even one panic attack. I can't explain fully how they make you feel but I was sure during each time I had one of these attacks that I might actually die. So much starts to happen to my body during an atfack. My heart feels like it is going to literally explode. My breathing becomes hyperventalating. So finally I was prescribed 1mg of klonapin 2 x a day and it has worked wonders in helping stop attacks

April 12, 2015 5:03 PM

Review by sbeebop:

For Panic Disorder: It works. I have panic attacks and then I have severe full blown three days without sleeping panic attacks. I only take 1mg when I am having the severe attacks and I make sure I only take that much. I would say I take maybe 2 mg a month. The reason why is because this really should be used for worst case scenarios and not for moderate anxiety and panic. The withdraws are unbelievably monstrous, worse than anything else. Taking it everyday is a horrible idea because you will never get off unless you go to rehab. Klonopin needs to be used with extreme caution. Get cognitive behavioral therapy for you everyday moderate panic attacks and use klonopin for this emergency "can't get out if this" episodes. It is a tool, not a crutch

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2015 1:16 PM

Review by Mama Cass (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: I was prescribed clonazepam, 2mg, 3 times a day for 6 years. I was dropped because my doctor moved out of state. It is The only one that has ever helped to calm my anxiety. I need a new doctor that understands.

April 12, 2015 6:20 AM

Review by ATLien (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Hi, Almost two years ago, I started on a dose of 0.5mg of Klonopin twice a day (or as needed) along with 20 mg of Celexa (citalopram). I would say Klonopin is an effective drug and useful for treating anxiety and panic attacks. However, my advice would be to make sure that you are working with your doctor if deciding to cut down on/taper off of Klonopin. I weaned my dose off without talking to my doc a few times. Mostly OK (days of some side effects notwithstanding), however, once it was pretty bad. I recall feeling -- edgy -- all day at work, and then later that night feeling horrible. I didn't want to eat, I cried, and I kept having anxious thoughts. I would not recommend leaving Klonopin cold turkey unless you really feel ready.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 9:05 PM

Review by laloloooo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: FINALLY relief of life long anxiety

April 11, 2015 12:38 PM

Review by Illcomm (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I have been on this anxiolytic longer than any other, & I feel that it works the best at controlling my panic attacks.

April 5, 2015 4:52 AM

Review by Christy4533:

For Anxiety: Helped my anxiety. Was already taking Lexapro added 0.5 mg of Klonopin no more anxiety attacks.

March 27, 2015 8:51 PM

Review by Gelly (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Works great. As soon as I take it my anxiety its gone.

March 26, 2015 12:36 PM

Review by Anon-:

For Anxiety: This medicine helped with my anxiety a lot. I tend to get very anxious during the night and it can keep me up at times. I'm on 0.5 mg and its works great! I finally get to sleep and not constantly worry about things. Although one downside is when I wake up. I still feel sedated and tired for about 3 hours but overall a very good medicine.

March 26, 2015 10:58 AM

Review by :-):

For Anxiety: I am a very outgoing college student.. The type of person who can literally talk to anyone. However, when you put me on the spot or if I have to give a 10 minute presentation I can hardly think straight. My doctor was soo sweet and prescribed me 0.5 mg Clonazepam. I use it for situation anxiety. (Twice a month) and it has given me so much more assurance in myself. I also avoid caffiene when taking it before a presentation and I walk in the class way more focused on what I am going to say instead of worrying about my nerves!

March 19, 2015 11:12 PM

Review by moparguy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: Prescribed 2mg 1x day take for sleep or rest for manic episodes. I had been going on 80 hours no sleep and no relief with current meds. Dr. Prescribed this immediately and within 90 minutes I was calmed down and able to sleep. Highly recommend for anyone who has had failure with other medications as I have.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2015 9:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Klonopin is the best benzodiazepine in my opinion for any sort of anxiety disorders. It helps me the most I have SAD GAD and PTSD. This medicine lets me feel calm, at ease, and I can speak my mind. .5mg is all one needs and it lasts about 8 hours for me, and the long half life keeps my anxiety levels lower than usual If I don't take it the next day.

March 8, 2015 12:47 PM

Review by mikey0909 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: It's the only medication that works for my social anxiety, and I have tried a lot of medications.

March 5, 2015 12:36 AM

Review by JeffinMD:

For Anxiety: I take as needed .5mg, more if needed. Works great, no side effects. Just knowing I have this 'safety net' gives me piece of mind.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2015 11:36 AM

Review by 1mg 3 daily (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Calm, sleep good, eat good, been on 5 years doing great.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2015 2:36 PM

Review by smariedddd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I have severe panic attacks and bipolar. I used to be on Xanax for six years. Now my Obamacare new Dr refuses. Klonopin doesn't help my panic attacks. A little calm but makes me very angry and mean. Not as strong as Xanax. Doesn't help anxiety attacks, takes too long. My heart still races.

January 23, 2015 1:30 AM

Review by mws0606 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Doing the medicines for restless legs syndrome, I started on Requip and the medicine worked well, but it lowered my blood pressure so much that I was fainting when I stood up. That was on 1mg of Requip. After 2 weeks of 'getting used to the medicine' I went back and asked to get changed out to something different and the Doc put me on Klonopin. No more fainting and I get a good nights sleep. I only take half a pill (1mg pills) before bed so I guess I'm not a hard core case. But it worked as a better alternative to Requip for me.

January 22, 2015 7:50 AM

Review by siyal:

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: sleep start shoulder and neck jerks

January 3, 2015 3:11 PM

For Anxiety: Makes me feel very depressed and anxious and agitated . It makes me feel suicidal and I can't sleep.

December 27, 2014 5:08 AM

Review by Hman2552 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Recently I had a rough bout with anxiety. From out of nowhere I just lost faith in myself due to some life circumstances and an overload of work. I was losing sleep and spiraling downward at an amazing rate. I decided to talk to my doctor who prescribed Klonopin. With the first dose I felt immediate relief and to avoid dependency I only took 0.25 mg at night until I was started on an SSRI. My doctor favored the SSRI approach as better in the long run. After three months on Klonopin every day, and after the SSRI kicked in, I stepped off the Klonopin without any withdrawals like you read about on the internet. I think the key is to take the lowest dose you can or only as prescribed. The medicine worked wonders for me!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2014 8:30 PM

Review by dirtypaws:

For Anxiety: Reply to reviewer bjsd - I can't believe what you said in your post. I have experienced jolts and jerking of my right leg for 12 years. It took 11 years to find a doctor to take it seriously. My neurologist is going to start me on Klonopin so I enjoy reading the reviews. I have been on Ativan which helps but not much. Just knowing that I am not crazy helps so much. Thank you.

December 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Review by Doctorproctor:

For Anxiety: I was originally prescribed 0.5 mg of Klonopin once a day with Zoloft 50mg once a day. It worked for a while but stopped and soon after, my doctor prescribed me to Klonopin 1mg once a day and Zoloft 100mg once a day.. After just three days I felt amazing results and like a changed person. No more stress, anxiety, panic or depression. Wonderful medicine to take. Just remember to meditate, walk, and stay outdoors to also help. You've got to also help yourself without relying on the medicines but they still work.

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2014 3:03 PM

Review by JuztaGirl:

For Anxiety: I suffer from Tinnitus, which causes me great anxiety. My doctor put me on Klonopin 3 times a day 0.5 mg along with Ambien and Celexa once a day. I feel so much better. I am able to ignore the noise, and when I do hear it...it don't go into panic mode. I am sleeping better than ever.

November 23, 2014 12:44 PM