User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 89 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 8 reviews 13 medications

Summary of Klonopin reviews 331 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Klonopin

Review by JakeFukk (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Love this medicine. Great for bipolar and anxiety. I try not to use it all the time, it won't work the same if you take it all the time. This medicine is safe. I see some people have be on it for over 20 years!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 3:52 AM

Review by blonddraider (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I was prescribed 3mg a day but don't want to take that much so I am trying hard to tapper to 2mg I am at 2.25mg. I still sometimes feel a little bit of anxiety not real bad but catch myself starting to get in my head and then I will breath and talk myself out of my head but why can't the medicine just keep me out of my head all the time. I never had any anxiety or panic disorder, I have always had manageable obsessive compulsive disorder. Will I ever feel like me again? I know if I am not careful I would become home bound and just sit and waste. I have a young daughter and it is not fair for her. The Klonopin does work but I feel like I can feel it wear off or that it is coming time for my next dose, or is that all in my crazy head.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2014 10:07 PM

Review by kamoroj (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Many people are unreasonably scared of Klonopin's bad withdrawal dramas. Well... It is true. It is a painful process to get away from Klonopin once you stepped into its comfortable zone, but I want to say I would rather feel relaxed and comfortable than struggling with unnecessary anxiety caused by Neurotransmitter unbalances. This medication truly gave me a freedom from fear and agitation and get back to my life.

November 9, 2014 8:33 PM

Review by EricaMora:

For Anxiety: Made me EXTREMELY sleepy/Drowsy and didn't really feel a difference in my anxiety. Still searching.

October 29, 2014 9:38 PM

Review by Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: Works Amazingly!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 10:20 PM

Review by Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: This medicine obliterated my social anxiety,anxiety ,fear,phobia,paranoia,panic,worrying and racing thoughts! I can actually function again thanks to a little green pill. I feel like superman now! I'm no longer chained downed by my own mind! I've been battling through it for years and now it's finally gone! I can be outgoing again! I feel calm now.

October 25, 2014 8:24 PM

Review by Galieness615 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I have social anxiety & take this medication on an as needed basis. I have noticed a huge change in myself once I got the dosage right. I wouldn't be able to function in social situations without it.

October 20, 2014 11:50 AM

Review by bjsd:

For Anxiety: I am 60 & have been on Klonopin for over 20 yrs. I have tried every thing under the sun, no kidding. I have not only anxiety, but chronic depression, bi-polar disorder, limb jerking, panic attacks to the extreme. I am so sensitive to meds, it's scary. So when I find something that works I stick with it. I usually only take "Brand Name", good insurance, or I couldn't. I'll tell you from experience, if you stick with an exact time line on taking it, rather than as needed, you will do a lot better. I have never had any side effects from it, a blessing. It helps with all of the above. I took myself off of about 17 medications a doc, had me on. I call them stackers. For a while I did not even know who I was. Now, I am stable, doing the best I ever have.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2014 5:04 AM

Review by Rickyt7:

For Anxiety: I take 4mg of Klonopin per day. I have done so for more than two years. I went to a clinic where a "no benzo" policy was established and I was taken off the medicine. I went through two years of agony. Neurontin was given as a substitute...it made me depressed, and nauseous. I finally had to go to a private doctor to be put back on my Klonopin and am returning to normal. The only issue I would mention is that it is not a fast acting medicine.

October 3, 2014 2:49 PM

Review by cwburke:

For Panic Disorder: I have very bad panic and anxiety attacks. Attack would last for up to 3 to 4 hours. It first started when I was 30 years old and was admitted to a mental institution for a month for my own protection. I am now 46 years old ,when I now feel an attack coming on I can basically control it now and take 1 mg of Klonopin. It does take some time to work, but when it kicks in, it works great. I did at one stage try go off it, but the withdrawals were so bad I had to go back on it. I take 1mg at night and then as needed. To all you people out there who think you are alone with this monster in your head, you are not. Think and say positive thoughts, its works.

October 1, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by bigbie (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Helped with the manic episode

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2014 11:31 AM

Review by almostcrazy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: My anxiety came out of the blue. I had been suffering from depression and waited until I was close to rock bottom before seeing a psychiatrist. He put me on Zoloft and for about 10 days I convinced myself it was all getting better...then WHAM! I started waking up with panic that was overtaking my entire body! I took Xanax just to go to sleep for an hour. A counselor tried to get me to do breathing and muscle relaxation exercises but I was too anxious to concentrate. I had to take off work because I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT FUNCTION! My Psychiatrist just put me on Klonopin 1mg 3x a day. That's a lot but hopefully I can taper off soon & the Zoloft can do it's job. I can now think clearly and not panic at the simple thought of bathing!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 8:10 PM

Review by SpazzySpazz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: A very good medication. I never felt so calm in my entire life. Withdrawals from it do suck though. I take it as needed

September 18, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by Dnz (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: I started getting anxiety about a year ago out of the blue. I had to go to the ER because I thought I was dying or something. All my tests came back negative. The doctor told me it was an anxiety attack. I got sent home with nothing. A few days later I had another one. I went to my PHP and put me on clonazepam. I try not to take them if I don't need it, but you never know when it may manifest. So I try to take half doses to make my script stretch and to also not be as dependent. I noticed that it works but to a less degree. I commute to school and work a full time job so my mind is always running. In a nutshell, this medication works.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2014 12:38 PM

Review by Anne-Ana:

For Panic Disorder: Great for Panic disorder.

September 3, 2014 1:40 PM

Review by Masami (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I have been taken Klonopin for 20 years, it all started because I lost function of both my inner ears and had no balance. The ear specialist concluded that there was no treatment available for this condition so my stress and anxiety level landed me in a pain clinic where medicine, exercise, counseling and diet did the trick. In three days I was back to normal. What I later found out is that Clonazepam was not only very effective for my balance disorder but it took the anxiety away. Today I take 2mg a day in two or three dosages and feel completely normal. When stress increases I slightly increase the dosage. I take it with Lexapro so as not to end in depression. The secret, for me, is daily exercise (walking), and Clonazepam/Lexapro10mg.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 21, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by tattooedkoi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Have done the full arsenal of anti-depressants with minimal to no resolution of my SAD/GAD. I am a generally healthy 48 year old male that mysteriously 2 years ago developed intense GAD/SAD: terrified flop sweats in meetings, avoidance of all social gatherings/interaction, non-stop anxiousness, and a handful of panic attacks. Under recommendation from my therapist my GP reluctantly prescribed clonazepan (Klonopin). 1 mg 2 x day. The full 1 mg made me a bit glassy eyed and dull. Reducing to 0.5 mg in the morning - to handle work-related anxiety and 1mg at night before bed. Success! I am close to the goofy outgoing person I was before the anxiety kicked in full-force. Bravo! I have found the right mix - finally.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 9:07 PM

Review by Kim rodriguez:

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: I have had restless leg syndrome since I was at least 5 yrs old, it runs in my family. It affected my school, jobs, trips and sleeping. As I got older the symptoms became worse. By the age of 30 yrs old I could no longer sleep at night due to the energy build up in my legs and arms, my brain was also not shutting down at night. I dreaded going to bed for years. My twin sister also has rest leg syndrome and her doctor put her on Klonopin, it worked for her. So I went to my doctor and he gave me a prescription of Requip. It didn't work well. He switched my medication and I started taking Klonopin. The changes were immediate. I slept for the first time all night. I can take long drives, fly in airplanes and actually sit through a movie.

August 5, 2014 3:26 AM

Review by Pb600004:

For Panic Disorder: I first started out on Lamictal and unfortunately got a rash from it. I then was moved onto Ativans and those worked but only for a short period of time. This is by far the best medication, but, it takes a little bit longer to kick in compared to the Ativan. My panic attacks come out of nowhere and it's unfortunate that it doesn't kick in as fast. That's why I gave it an 8.

August 1, 2014 5:56 AM

Review by NervousJack (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I was prescribed Klonopin to get me through anxiety exarcebated by starting on Lexapro. It is a benzo and therefore highly addictive so I was very careful about taking it as little as possible. I found it to be very effective and one tablet would actually keep me calm for around 36 hours ( it has a very long half life ). I did not feel side effects and didn't feel drunk or disoriented. Was effective for me but needs to be used with care.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by invisible_creeper (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: This medication is really great for anxiety. I use it for severe anxiety related to interviews and relationships. It makes me feel like a person again, rather than someone who's under attack and needs to flee from an oncoming threat. I can actually function when I take it instead of hyperventilate and being suicidal. It's excellent.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2014 5:56 PM

Review by stable gucurious (taken for 10 years or more):

For Bipolar Disorder: It seemed to work well for the first year or so but I have been on it and am at the maximum dosage and now I have been on it for 10 years and it does not seem to help now.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 14, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by worldbeat (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I first tried Buspar for my generalized anxiety disorder, and after several weeks, gave up on it. I decided to work with my psychiatrist instead of my GP. He agreed to let me try Klonopin. Wow. I only take 1 mg a day but I feel 90% recovered to my old self. I am more social again, working on my novel, doing well at work, handling stress well, having a lot more fun and joy. I've been on it for 3.5 weeks and hopefully can stay on it permanently. I know one needs to be cautious with it.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2014 3:55 AM

Review by Mikey12392 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Best medication personally for anxiety and panic attacks. I have been taking 3-6mgs a day since I was 16 and compared to all the other benzodiazepines it has been the safest for long term use. I have tried Ativan, Xanax, and Valium also and did not have good experiences due to many side effects and they only worked for a couple weeks for me. Personally all medications have withdrawal so why not choose the best medication for yourself. SSRI's are just as hard to come off of as Benzos because of withdrawals, but most doctors don't tell you that.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2014 10:21 PM

Review by Sleepingbeautay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I'm going through a custody battle right now and this is the ONLY thing getting me through the days with a clear head. My boyfriend after 20 years said if I leave him (he's abusive) that he'd take everything from me. He wasn't kidding. He knows I've suffered with panic disorder since I was 16. My dr put me on Prozac and that's helping a little bit to control crying. But the Klonopin is giving my heart and mind a chance to breathe again when I take it as needed. I take two 0.5/mg sometimes together or apart. Ativan & Xanax never worked on me before. I feel so present in the moment when I take my Klonopin.

June 19, 2014 8:14 PM