User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 101 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 397 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Klonopin

For Panic Disorder "Caution: this medication is highly effective for almost every anxiety disorder that exists, somewhat TOO helpful which is how it's easy to abuse it; but doing so will be life devastating. Using this drug responsibly at a reasonable dosage is highly effective managing anxiety disorders and I testify that it compliments antidepressants very well. Daily users need to be proven the benefits outweigh the risks. Taken daily for 5 years, still as effective and no need to 'up my dosage'."

Alexander-X (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 23, 2015

For Anxiety "I have severe panic and anxiety attacks and have for over 20 years. When I tried to go off this medication, lowering my dosage slowly because of a pregnancy, I ended up with the bad anxiety again. Needless to say I ended up going back on and my son was born perfectly ( at the time 20 years ago they were not sure of long term effects) if anything he is smarter than my other 2 children. I also take an anti depresent that works very well with it. I definitely recommend this medication. I am on a higher dose probably more than most I take 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night. Probably because my depression is worse than it was but the anxiety is finally under control"

aalana August 21, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin saved my life!!! I have been having panic attacks since I was 8 yrs old. Klonopin is the only benzodiazepine that helps take the panic away. Life saver!!! Don't worry about the sides it can't be worse thn the attacks."

Kennysus (taken for 10 years or more) August 15, 2015

For Anxiety "I have had anxiety for as long as I can remember, but just had a horrible Doctor. My anxiety turned me to abusing drugs, alcohol, opiates, and even Benzos. I finally got clean and still had anxiety, but thought I would never get this script with my history. I finally found a Dr. who took a chance and trusted me. Clonazopam on a regular dose has helped me in so many ways. I'm prescribes 4 1 mg tabs a day, even though I don't usually take that much, along with wellbutrin. I'm no longer experiencing anxiety or panic attacks and best of all don't feel the need to get high in order to get rid of it. clonazepam has saved my life along with suboxone. Any Dr who thinks these 2 drugs shouldn't be mixed is stopping the best opiate recovery."

EnemyTortoise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2015

For Anxiety "I am on Zoloft 200mg. a day. Have been taking Xanax 1mg. 3 or 4 x day. My Dr. wants to switch me to Klonopin .5 2x day instead, but it does not seem to be helping. I don't seem to feel any relief from the Klonopin."

Seada68 August 7, 2015

For Anxiety "Started with an SSRI for anxiety and it just didn't work. Finally got prescribed this benzo Klonopin and it's perfect! I take 0.5mg, but when I take it, my anxiety goes away. I feel like I can do anything, with a clear mind of course. I don't have to hide away anymore. I thought this drug might make me "stoned" or something, but really all I experience is, after about 15 min, a general clear-minded sense of well-being and it works for a while. Good stuff."

GoJoGoJo August 7, 2015

For Anxiety "I was on this medication for approximately 5 years. The last couple of years, I had increasing anxiety and depression. I never increased my initial dose of 2 mg. at night to help with sleep. My PDoc continued to insist that it was not the Klonopin that was causing my anxiety and depression. Who knows? I weaned myself off of the medication SLOWWLY over 4 months. It really took me that amount of time, even that may have been too fast for me. When it works, it's a helpful me. Problem is that many people tend to build a tolerance to the med and will likely need to increase the dose to get the same effect, hence feelings of withdrawal that can come on automatically. I know everyone has his/her own opinion about this drug."

Zack33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 6, 2015

For Anxiety "I have been on kolonopin for almost a year now & it has been an absolute life saver! I had horrible panic attacks, scared to drive, couldn't even go shopping without getting dizzy and anxious. Anxiety has taken over my life, the panic attacks are so scary I thought I was going to die. I'm very greatful to have this medicine. I've heard of problems with dependency but I don't know what I'd do without it, I'm also on zoloft & I feel like I have my life back!"

mamaluv (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin helps my anxiety, panic disorder, and insomnia... I take it on an as needed basis and it's one mg tablet"

Cagney Crouch (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2015

For Anxiety "Have been taking 2 to 2.5 mg per day for many years. The only med that has alleviated my anxiety. Am 67 and have had the problem since childhood. Don't know why but it's too late to unravel. Suspect I'm wired that way or its hereditary. Was very successful but life was a constant struggle until I got help at age 48. Would not want to be without it despite the docs concerns about addiction. The horror stories about withdrawal are over blow. I wean off once in 6 weeks. No re-occuring issues. Therapy never had any lasting effect. Too late to consider stopping now and I don't know why I should. The trend against these meds is unfortunate. "

Fritzsommer (taken for 10 years or more) July 15, 2015

For Anxiety "I'm writing this in case anyone else is in my position of being afraid of takings this out of the fear of it making you high, since so many people have voiced strong opposing opinions about Klonopin. I was in the same exact position of being afraid of taking it, even though those around me (which is part of something I have to learn..accepting that people know what they're talking about when it comes to anxiety) were telling me that nothing would happen. It took me a spur of the moment gather of courage to take Klonopin..and now I can say that *when needed*, I love Klonopin. It melts away anxiety and leaves a dent in depersonalization (if you struggle) and allows you to function and level off for a few days afterwards."

R R July 14, 2015

For Anxiety "I went through severe panic and anxiety that debilitated my life. I experienced shakes, suicidal thoughts, fear for no reason, fast throbbing heart beat, no sleep for ten days because of fear my body was dying, 38lb weight loss in 1month, vomiting, foggy mind, couldn't speak, and so much more. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I visited hospitals over 6 times with no answers but the doctor telling me I'm crazy smh. Went through gastic procedures and nothing was found but gerd which is a symptom of anxiety. I finally broke down and took the meds prescribed to me. Xanax was the only one that worked for a short time, and I had taken many medications. Clonazepam is working amazing with no side effects. I feel great along with Zoloft."

Resse July 14, 2015

For Anxiety "I take 1 mg at nite to sleep. It works for about 6 hrs. However, I am having hair loss so I'm upset about that. I also take 20 mg Celexa."

wannaBBetter (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2015

For Anxiety "I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 7. I'm currently 33 and just discovered Klonopin. I was on Paxil for 12 years and it was a miracle pill until I built tolerance to it and it stopped working. I've recently switched to Zoloft and it's been a rough road. However my psychiatrist put me on klonopin to help ease the anxiety and it has been amazing. I only need .25 mg 2 to 3 times a day, but it gave me the ability to function. Even with withdrawal from Paxil and start up side effects from Zoloft, I can still keep my head straight. Anxiety and panic are dibilatating and when I weigh my options, I'd pick klonopin everytime."

Amangi06 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

For Panic Disorder "i started having panic attacks at the age of 15, i had no idea what they were until i was 32, i lived in a silent hell from 15 to 32, i was finally diagnosed at 32 with panic disorder without agorophobia. I was prescribed prozac and xanex but I also have a pill phobia and continued to battle this horror meds free until now , i am 44. I was at my witts end and my doctor begged me to try Klonopin, she even let me take it in the office ans wait, thank goodness, it felt like i finally had some help, i take 1 mg daily and I can live with some hope that if i have anxiety something can help me. I cant believe i lived without anything for so long. YES you can do it without meds but the damage your doing to your body is not worth it, Thanks Knpin"

Mark510 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

For Anxiety "My daily medicine is actually Effexor for severe combat PTSD but I have a high dose of klonopin as a PRN take as needed and in bad cases once my triggers are set off. It does a good job at helping me refocus and calm down. My doses have increased over time due to me apparently getting used to it but it is still effective"

ZArmitage (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2015

For Anxiety "Have taken 2.5 mg a day for 20 years without side effects. Weaned off once in 6 weeks. Convinced I suffered anxiety due to hereditary or deep rooted experienced too deep to ever unravel through therapy. Was successful business exec but was always constrained and my personal life didn't exist. Suffered and suffered! Went to an Ivy League school and never spoke to a woman. The dependency is over blown. I weaned off once in 6 weeks. The drug made my life bearable otherwise I would chose not to be here."

FritzG! July 3, 2015

For Seizure Prevention "During the time I have been on Klonopin, I was asked by my insurance to try the generic but was never able to tolerate it. Last October 2014 the brand was unavailable "Not in Stock" and I had to go on the generic. I was on it totally for several months and had some severe side effects. I became aware that brand was available in early June and was able to get back on brand. Having difficulty getting the exact same dosage I've been on for about 18 months to regulate. I'm having a problem sleeping thru the night and feeling anxious when I wake up. It doesn't feel like the same drug. I don't know why it was stopped. I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience with taking the "new brand" since it is available again."

bellson44 (taken for 10 years or more) June 29, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Approximately twenty years ago, I was taken by ambulance twice and once by car to ER where they gave me something that calmed me. It was similar to a seizure. Nothing ever triggered these attacks. It just came upon me very fast. I was enjoying my career and life; I'm very social. My doctor finally sent me to a Psychologist and he diagnosed me with panic attacks. There was a name for this!! I was prescribed something similar to Klonopin and when Klonopin came on the market, he prescribed 0.5mg twice a day. I have had no adverse side effects, only positive. I have never had another panic attack and do not plan to ever stop taking Klonopin. I am the same person I was and live life to the fullest in a new phase of 'early retirement'!!"

janinpa (taken for 10 years or more) June 23, 2015

For Anxiety "I have been on klonopin for 2 months in my anxiety has been bad but when I started it I have been doing great better then ever!!!!can't believe how much better I'm doing now!!!!"

bulldog27 June 22, 2015

For Anxiety "The Klonopin helped my anxiety very much, probably to a level of 8 or 9 out of ten. However, after a few years, trying to taper off of it is proving to be a living nightmare and I am experiencing Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome. It's absolutely awful and I can see why some people are never able to stop taking it,"

aleksandi June 14, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Warning: This drug is highly addictive (think heroin- it’s so addictive) I went on it 5 years ago when i started using anti-depressants. The doctor prescribed them to me to sleep because the anti-depressants were keeping me up at night. This drug is a seriously dangerous med! I will say that it was the best medication for anxiety, but its side effects and addictive traits made it a horrible experience for me. I strongly recommend that people do not use this medication or any form anxiety medication. I also suggest people keep way from anti-depressants. I use exercise (cardio) 45 minutes a day to help me beat this issue. I also take 5000 mg of Niacinimide a day. Also keep off alcohol, and caffeine. Eat well."

P Christopher May 31, 2015

For Anxiety "I started taking Klonopin a few years ago 0.5 mg twice a day and prn as needed for anxiety. The drug works great for me keeps my anxiety away and I feel more on a normal level. It also helps me sleep . I only take it prn now and I feel it saved my life anxiety is a terrible thing to deal with."

David5962 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Wellbutrin SR for about 4 yrs. In combo with a few other different meds. I didn't think I would ever find my cocktail. But recently I do believe I finally have found it. So I'm on Wellbutrin SR, Seroquel, and Klonopin. I was taking Lamictal and Ativan before. But unfortunately got the Lamictal rash. I love the combo I have now. I have been sleeping like a baby. No more 100 miles an hour at bedtime."

JMarie Happy May 18, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I've had panic disorder for 36 years, in addition to ptsd, and ocd. Clonazepam 1mg twice daily has enabled me to have some sort of life. Panic disorder reduces quality of life, and I more or less live in a bubble. However, integrated with CBT, I am finding that my "bubble" is expanding. I'm able to go out of the house, drive, and function throughout the day. After taking it for several years with success, my new psych wants me to discontinue it due to addictive properties. So, back to living in my bubble, I guess. Why do they create a useful medication, and then tell you that you can't take it any longer? Drs overprescribe, FDA cracks down, and those that benefit from it are left in the dirt."

zepheringram (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2015