User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 80 reviews 19 medications

7.7
Summary of Klonopin reviews 293 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Klonopin

Review by sarag1977: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Started this medicine a month ago and I have to say the low dose of 0.5mg has changed my day to day life!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2014 4:33 PM
Review by WendyDee:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I began getting severe panic attacks in the middle of the night every night. Not just regular sleep pattern problems. But waking up wanting to be dead. This went on for a couple years until I could not bare it anymore. My doctor prescribed me Klonopin and it has done the trick. Previous to Klonopin I tried Ambien, Ambien XL, and Seroquel. I personally think it's a good idea to follow your doctors instructions and start with the more mild medicine. But to those who warn of the withdrawal symptoms of Klonopin. I have to say that opinion does not apply to all. Not wanting to die in the middle of the night every night for 2 years is such a benefit to me that I will risk the withdrawal symptoms that may come with stopping later down the road.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2014 12:07 AM
Review by Dandawolf: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I recently switched from Xanax to Klonopin for panic disorder. Klonopin does help me get through the day but doesn't totally eliminate my anxiety. I like the fact that I don't get heavy rebound anxiety on Klonopin (as I did on Xanax) due to its longer half life. Overall quite long lasting, pretty effective, but in the crisis of a panic attack a Xanax is 1000X better for getting through it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2014 8:22 AM
Review by Jackie100480 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: It helps with my anxiety

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 26, 2014 1:19 AM
Review by Alayska: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: For the past few years I have been suffering from severe anxiety and depression, when my Doctor put me on 0.5 mg I didn't know if it would help or not, but in just a month or 2, my life has changed a lot for the better. I've been more self confident, and going out more. It really does help. As people have mentioned before take the lowest dosage that suits you. It really is a great treatment for anxiety. Though everyone is different, if you're running out of options you should definitely ask your Doctor about it!

March 22, 2014 10:21 PM
Review by JohnnyEuro1: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin has been a wonderful medication for me. I'm a young male who gets social anxiety, and overall anxious feelings about situational matters that I just couldn't stop. Well, I take 0.5 mg of Klonopin once daily and haven't had a hint of social nor general anxiety since. I can now focus on school, interact with others with confidence, sleep well at night, and enjoy my life again.The medication gives you a steady sense of calm and tranquility WITHOUT making you feel sedated (at least it does for me), and its effects lasts between 6-8 hours! Xanax worked as well, but it made me too sedated to adequately perform my daily schedules, plus didn't last as long.

March 21, 2014 9:48 AM
Review by willingtotry: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've had anxiety for over 30 years, I'm in my 50's. I've been on Effexor and a few other antidepressants, which helped some, but sexual side effects were weird. I reluctantly started Klonopin about 6 months ago but was afraid of the addictive properties of it. So I started on a real low dose 0.125 mg, once a day. And some days I take the another 0.125 mg. totaling 0.25mg per day. I'll admit it helps a lot. It makes me feel like myself again. It doesn't stop the scary thoughts and stupid fears that I have, but I don't react as poorly to them. I'm hoping I don't have to increase my dosage, but figure I have a lot of room to go up if I do. Still wish I didn't have to take them but this winter was rough and I needed some help until the sun shines again.

March 20, 2014 12:27 PM
Review by Nick Gehringer (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin definitely has a smoother onset and longer duration than Xanax. Some tolerance can develop on long term usage so try to keep the dose as low as possible. Great benzodiazepine, wipes out anxiety once you figure out the right dosage for you.

March 15, 2014 6:16 PM
Review by sarag7977 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Started low dose of 0.25mg and it has changed my life! Only take lowest dose needed and work with a therapist because medicine doesn't do all the work..YOU have to as well.

March 10, 2014 3:57 PM
Review by sag34mom (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I take this for anxiety and only a low dose of 0.25mg (half of a 0.5mg) and it works wonders and I am VERY sensitive to medicines. Only take the lowest dose you need and you won't experience side effects.

March 9, 2014 1:03 PM
Review by playboybuddyrose (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Works great for my anxiety but I have bad cases of diarrhea. I take 1mg twice a day, also on Seroquel 400 mg.

February 28, 2014 4:55 PM
Review by TaraBolduc: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: You can take it during any anxiety issue within 20mins I noticed the difference it made. In seven yrs I've been able to do so much more. I would call it the miracle pill.

February 27, 2014 12:41 PM
Review by big Jimmy long: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Takes away anxiety fast.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2014 12:24 AM
Review by IamNOTgoingCRAZY90 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I suffer from Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and some Social Anxiety. I have severe panic attacks and they come on out of no where with no warning. Ill get the derealization in my head and wont know whats going on or feel out of body, dizzy, heart will race, extreme feeling of dying. It will actually physically make me sick. My dr. put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tab 5 times daily when I was 19 and its a wonder drug. I'm 23 now and I'm not panic free completely but when I feel it coming I take a tablet and the fear is all gone in 20 minutes. I'm 23 now and if you take it properly it will help you greatly. Anxiety runs in my family and its a terrible thing. My life is normal thanks to Klonopin.

February 4, 2014 5:59 AM
Review by BiPolar Bob (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Since I was 13 years old. Anxiety has been a severely debilitating issue in my life. It's destroyed most of the relationships in my life and stopped me from maturing as a person in terms of moving up in the job field. A lot of people would consider me weird, because of becoming Very reclusive due to my anxiety disorder. When I am on Klonopin... IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I have a lot of energy, motivation and I'm anxiety free. The most I've taken consecutively was 2mg for about 2 weeks and after stopping for about 2-3 days after that I'd never feel any withdrawal effects. This is usually the cycle I use. The quality of my life is drastically better on Benzodiazapine medication.

January 30, 2014 1:58 PM
Review by bil123: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've had GAD for 30 years. The last 5 years it's gotten worse, my normal techniques weren't working anymore and I needed help. I take the smallest amount of Klonopin 0.25 mg once per day and it level's things out.

January 13, 2014 11:22 AM
Review by mrdjm365 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: A very effective medicine, that needs to be used with care and caution. I wouldn't take more than 1mg per day, and my doctor will not prescribe any higher dose. I take it in combination with Lexapro, and my anxiety is nearly obliterated. I would say be very careful, though, about dosage.

December 26, 2013 4:17 PM
Review by lady38 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: It is wonderful. I only wish I knew about it sooner.

December 18, 2013 9:11 PM
Review by KlonopinInfo (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin is a great, I went through trial and error to get it but my doctor finally prescribed it! Been on it for 2 months and it's been great, but people you still need to learn to cope while on it, it's not just a miracle pill. I give it a 9/10.

December 14, 2013 7:15 PM
Review by Ashes2ashes: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was placed on 150mg x2 a day Wellbutrin & 0.5mg Klonopin X 2 a day. Wellbutrin gave me the initial energy I needed to stay awake. At one point I didn't have enough Klonopin to get me through so I cut my dosage in 1/2 for the Klonopin to 0.5mg. Wellbutrin was overpowering it made me too hyperactive and made my anxiety rage so I stopped taking it and it helped calm me down. My depression disappeared and my anxiety leveled out. Since, I%u2019ve been back on 0.5mg x 2 a day, extra as needed and stayed off the Wellbutrin. The depression hasn't come back yet. If I forget to take Klonopin for more than a day I start losing my thoughts mid-sentence and I forget everything that I%u2019m trying to say. Then my anxiety comes back and I%u2019m a mess until I take it.

December 14, 2013 1:33 PM
Review by Gjgbjug: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Panic attacks and anxiety run in my family, and this helped me big time. I was scared to take any medicines after having a bad experience with another anxiety medication, but I took it finally and day three of my panic attack/no sleep was over! I could eat again and finally crack a smile. It did make me sleepy, and it felt a tad funny to walk. I only took them before bed to sleep unless I really needed it. It restored my confidence that I could be happy again and made me feel comfy just knowing I had them on me. I am off of them for now and on a different anxiety pill, because my doc didn't want me to become dependent on them. I do keep one or two in my purse for emergencies.

December 12, 2013 10:19 PM
Review by WhiteRook (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin works pretty well at low doses (2-4 mg). I'm 46 6'4' 260 lbs. Higher doses just make me drool and shuffle, and cause horribly painful foot cramps if I miss a dose or two. Low dose, no problems. One wicked side effect is memory loss and speed of comprehension. Sleep is better. Withdrawal is pretty easy at low doses. Taper from high doses. It also was a major asset discontinuing opiates, and their various temporary-but-forever withdrawal effects.

November 26, 2013 9:53 PM
Review by Anonomys23: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I take 2mg Klonopin 4-5 times daily along with Adderall XR 20mg 2 each morning. The combination of the two works great. I suffer from BiPolar disorder, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and ADHD. I would get so bad I would lock myself in my room at home and cry my eyeballs out, afraid to speak to people, just full blown terrible anxiety. Klonopin is very effective if taken properly. Its a miracle medicine. I used to just be on Xanax 1mg 5 times daily and it started making me angry and aggressive. Some people react different to medications. Klonopin controls my mood, stops the worst anxiety you ever experienced in its tracks. Wonderful medication with just drowsiness as a side effect.

November 26, 2013 6:51 AM
Review by Gary321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Please, please, please do your research before ever taking Klonopin or any drug in the benzodiazepine family. Klonopin has caused me great hardship and nearly cost me my life. And I am not alone - thousands of people have had horrific experiences with this drug. Please search "benzo withdrawal" or similar to educate yourself. Looking back, my original anxiety was nothing compared to the torture I went through once I was addicted to klonopin. And I am not through it yet. Words can not explain the horror I went through. That is why I beg you to do your own research. Most doctors don't know or are in denial about the withdrawal effects of benzodiazepines. The stories you will find are not lies or exaggerations. Buyer beware! Please!!

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 9, 2013 12:39 PM
Review by Andy (19 years old) (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Anxiety disorder runs in my family, and Klonopin has done us wonders. I suffered a severe car accident 10/2012. Quit my job, quit fall-term, and became paralyzed from Anxiety. Initial dose was 0.5mg 2X a day. I discovered, LESS IS MORE. Now I only take 0.5 mg 2X a day, and it helps me be Andy. Klonopin is addictive. 20mg is max dose for epilepsy. 4mg/ day max for anxiety. 1mg/day in studies is shown to be most effective for anxiety. Take it as prescribed. DON'T, TAKE MORE. If you don't have epilepsy. BELIEVE ME! Benzodiazepines should be used with caution.

October 28, 2013 8:06 AM